I move Pearson over to C.

Early results for my rookies?

RB Barlow – 20/31
TE Noa – 19/23
C Roger Pearson – 25/63
RDE Velazquez – 33/68
RDT Grossman – 27/60

Not bad at all really

I still can’t draft later on in the draft worth a crap. Maybe playing trade hockey will be worth it laters.

We got a B- again, but I like it.

Two of our draftees are on the Green Page – DE and DT

Dang – OT Hoffman? 33/68; OT Ledoux? 17/65; NT Emmons, 36/56

So many of my targets were good too.

Early busts? 1.4 QB 14/38; 1/6 LDT 30/43, and some others we’ll skip for now

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:23 PM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2nd FA Period

Any UFAs strike my fancy?

I make offers to some FAs

MLB Koa Misi, 43/43
RT Juan Basile, 39/43
LCB Ellis Lankster, 40/40, from WVU, 7th year vet, with a solid punt return
WLB Antonia Randle, 2nd year WLB who was an UFA signing by the Colts last year, and now let go.

Week 2 – We sign RB Manusky, a UFA, and UFA FB Kenyon Strong and WLB Randle

Week 3 – We sign T Juan Basile, MLB Misi.

Week 4 – TE Marcedes Lewis signed with Pittsburgh. We sign CB Lanskter.

Week 5 – I lose a fight for FS Cole Shea from the 49ers, 30/41 to the Browns. I also grab UFA WR DJ Donaldson and DE Kenneth Butler. I make an offer to FS Brendan Tate from the Browns and he signs we me – 33/33

Orakpo has fallen pre-camp, I was intending to move him to MLB. Here are my current, pre-camp, LBs:

MLB Paul Pos – 39/39
MLB Koa Misi – 42/42
SLB Justin Houston – 73/73
SLB Courtney Upshaw – 51/51
SLB Telvin Smith – 44/44
WLB Brian Orakpo – 40/40
WLB Antonio Randle – 20/44

I want to make moves now, so they can grow via camp. Who are my best three guys now? Upshaw, Houston, and then Smith, although the others are really close. What combo gives me my best starters? All three are SLBs. How about moving Smith? Nope – only options are D Backs

I move Justin Houston to WLB. No change in ratings at all. Now I have him on the weak side, and I can run Upshaw at his SLB. Do I run Misi in the middle? Misi is a great special teamer, as well as other things. Okay, let’s stick with Pos/Misi here. Upshaw loses a lot, 80% to go to MLB – he’s too tall and heavy, and we can’t slim him down any more.

We have Mentors in FB, TE, OT, S, CB, OG for my folks. Any chance of a DE or DT for camp? RDE Frank Kearse to a 2 year vet min sal.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:32 PM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s take these 61 men to camp.

Post-Camp, where are we?

QB Blake Bortles – 57/57, Nick Foles is 41/51

RB DeMarco Murray 70/7, Gerhart is 45/45

FB we have Will Johnson at 61/61.

TE rocks Owen Daniels (50/50) and Jermaine Gresham (49/49)

At receiver we have FL Robinson at 51/51, Lee at 70/70, Blackmon at 52/52, Sanders at 50/50 and Hurns at 30/35

At C we have Nicky Fitz – 37/47; Roger Pearson – 28/60 and Howie McCormick – 31/42

OG rocks Satre – 88/92, Iupati – 56/56, and Beadles 58/58 and even Brandon Linder – 45/45

OT we have Joeckel 55/55, Meredith, 48/48, and Juan Basile 40/40

P Hekker is 48/48 and K Bernard rockes a 59/59 body

DE Ninkovich is 53/53; DE Rivera 46/46 and rookie Velazquez is 40/72

DT we have Kevin Williams at 46/46; Evander Hood at 48/48 and rookie Grossman at 31/59

WLB Justin Houston
– 73/73; Orakpo is 40/40

SLB Upshaw – 51/51 with Smith at 44/44

MLB Pos at 39/39 and Misi at 42/42

CB? Take a look at sexy Kareem Jackson, 79/79. We also have Robinson at 44/44, Jeremy Harris at 47/47.

S? SS Jonathan Cyrpein is 61/61, FS Tavon Wilson 55/55 and Demps 40/40.

And Johnstone at LS again

Old 02-08-2015, 02:40 PM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We do have some money to spend (around 7 mill) if we wanted too. And I could make a lot by cutting Paul Pos.

Before we do that, let’s have a bit of a rookie lookie:

DE Cesar Velazquez –

Now second on the Green Page

You can see that he has a lot of potential, and getting a another 70+ potential rookie makes me happy. Especially since we needed to work on the D Line. Cesar is a good, solid addition to a defense that’s woeful at times.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-08-2015 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:44 PM   #55
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

What about my other 1st rounder?

DT Quentin Grossman –

Not as good, obviously, but at the 1.29 spot, not a bad catch. A bit green, but with some strong potential, we hope. The highest rated DT on the Green Page. What happened to the others?

NT Emmons from the 2.1 pick to Oakland is 37/57 – not bad at all. He’s the only other on on the Page. What about the many other 1st rounders?

One is 36/46, another 35/52, another 43/53, another 28/46, and another 32/44. That’s a lot of average DTs from the draft that I thought was going to be thick with them. We got a solid guy and we’ll see how long that lasts. Some of these could be creepers very easily.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-08-2015 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:58 PM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

How is Bortles? Same as last time, no growth or charges.

What about Bortles’ competition?

Manziel – 42/58, played, and lost in a Super Bowl

Bridgewater – 45/57, team was atrocious last year

Carr – 41/45, not looking good, stat wise. In 32 starts he had 26 TDs and 41 picks,

So the other 1st rounders are all around the same. Ours is 57/57.

Garoppolo busted to 17/27, and after Brady retired, the Patriots will instead be turning to QB Tyrod Taylor, a 6th round pick by the Ravens 6 years ago.

Did you know that? As of his second year, Marquis Satre is the best OG in the league:

Top five OGs:

Satre – 88/92, Jaguars
Zack Martin, 86/86, Cowboys
Evan Mathis, 82/82 Eagles
Brian Winters, 81/81 Jets
Kevin Zeitler, 78/78 Bengals

Old 02-08-2015, 03:10 PM   #57
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Roster Strengths:

We are 9th best QB and 3rd best backup

3rd best RB
5th best FB
19th best TE, 2nd best Backup
8th best WR, 5th best backup
9th worst OC< 11th best backup
THE best OG, THE best backups
16th best OT, 12th worst backups

11th worst P
11th best K

5th worst DE, 4th worst backup
16th worst DT, 17th worst backup
13th worst MLB, the worst backups
7th best OLB, 8th best backups
10th best CB, 19th best backup
10th best S, 9th best backup

So the injection this year of multiple major talents (CB Kareem Jackson, SLB Justin Houston) and a draftee with some zest (DE Cesar Velazquez) has given us one great player at each level of the defense. Now add in newer stuff like better players here and there (FS Tavon Wilson over FS Demps last year) the potential future of DT Grossman, and more, and we have a much better defense. Meanwhile, we have developed offensive players like Bortles, Lee, Murray, Satre, and more. The only position with any green is at Center on offense. I hope that our offense clicks, and our defense keeps us in games.

Before preseason, post-camp, I cut Chris Clemons. He’s no longer the leader on this team for the defensive front after we signed Ninkovich and he’s not a mentor to Des. So we save some money and cut him.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:37 PM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’ll be starting Nick Foles in the preseason

Week 1 – We host and lose to the Cardinals 9-3. One of our players is doubtful for a few games.

Week 2 - BYE

Week 3 – We travel to Minnesota and defeat the Vikings 27-24

Week 4 - We host the Rams and win 17-7

Week 5 - We travel to Chicago and lost 24-7.

We have only a few injuries, all now healed or back to probable in the offseason.

I cut:

RT Ron Linares
DT Hardy McCleary
WR Allen Hurns
C Howie McCormick
FB Kenyon Strong
MLB Paul Posluszny
LCB Alec Bowbliss

We have just two players on our roster form last year’s draft. The stud OG Satre and 3rd string QB Teddy Cote. The only other player with 2 years of experience from last year is…undrafted WLB Antonio Randle, 24/47, We were going to cut him or Pos, but he’s cheaper, and has more upside.

We now have 18 mill in cash.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-08-2015 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:49 PM   #59
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, whose contract is up this year?

SE Ace Sanders
OT Luke Joeckel
LCB Demetrius McCray
S Jonathan Cyprien
RB Toby Gerhart
TE Jermaine Gresham
RT Jamon Meredith
DT Kevn Williams
CB Jeremy Harris
SLB Courtney Upshaw

Of those, Williams is in his 14th year and was signed as a patch. I like Meredith, and he;s my leader, but hits in his 8th year. Can I really sign him to a large extension? What do folks want?

LCB Harris, 7th rounder from a few years ago, is currently on a vet minimum salary. In order to extend, he want to bump this year to 4 million and 5, 5.5, and 6 the next three years. Way too much.

McCray has been a special teamer we like, and he plays well. We would want to raise his salary this year to a 1.4 cap ht, and sit at 1.7 and 1.9 the next two years. Maybe. That’s a bit too high. I’d do 1 mill a year.

Cyprien? He’s at 1.7, and I sign him for a four year deal. It’s hard to find safeties in this league, and he’s good save for the very low pick stats. I extend him for three years, double the signing bonus they wanted to 6 mill, but lower the salaries to make it really flat. 5 mill this year, and 4.4 the next two year, and 5 the final one.

Joeckel is making 6.75 cap hit this year, and is willing to extend four more years at 8.82 hit this year, and 7, 7.5, 8.3 and 9.5 the next four years. That’s way too much for a guy who doesn’t perform on the pitch. Not right now.

Sanders wants a lot more money. This year;s figure would triple, and he’d be in the 2.9 mill-3 mill range in the future. That’s too much for a 4th wideout. I’m going to have to break up the band.

To extend Meredith is an increase to 3.9 mill this year (about 2 mill more) and then at 4.1, 4.4, and 4.9 the next three years. That’s a lot of financial commitment to a guy who’s aging. But he is my leader, and I don;’t want to lose both OTs. Alright, we’ll do it.

I drop Gerhart’s contract to 2.34 mill this season and extend him a year. He’s not a bad backup for us at all.

I extend Upshaw by two years

I also extend TE Gresham by one year. We’re only paying him 1.7 next year, so we have cap flexibility in case it’s needed.

Alright. That’s good stuff.

Old 02-08-2015, 03:55 PM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Actually, I’m thinking of extending Bortles’s deal now. He has two years left, and I certainly don’t have to. He’s get an extra 10 million hit on this cap, and an extra 14 on next year’s. After that, it’d drop though. Right now hit cap hit would roughly be 20 a year if I do the deal now, for three extra years. On the other hand, if I wait until next year, it could raise to 25 mill or some such with inflation, cap increases, and things from this year. After all, if we have a winning season, and maybe even make it to the playoffs as a division champ or wild card, his price is rising.

I have some other major players with a deal ending, not this year at the end of 2016, but next year too:

WR Marqise Lee
WR Allen Robinson
WR Justin Blackmon
QB Bortles
RB Toby Gerhart

I’m not too concerned with folks like OG Linder, OC Fitzgerald, or DT Evander Hood. But these are the sorts that I really care about – that great offensive skill position and depth I have.

I have to extend Bortles and Lee, those are non starters. Here’s Marqise Lee, year 3:

That’s a huge big play guy, and strong everywhere save for avoiding drops. When you have a player like this on your team, you have to keep him. He’ll be expensive though, and my cap is going to take a hit to do so. He’ll probably rise to the 9-10 mill a year range to extend him, but I have too. There’s no other option with the guy.

Knowing that I have to extend Lee and Bortles next year, I need to Keep myself from doing too much with Robinson and Blackmon and Ace Sanders. Allen Robinson is replaceable, he’s 50/50. He ranges from 38 avoid drops to 72 adjust to ball (and 71 getting downfield but just 46 big play, 50 route running). He’s a solid flanker, but I can find another. He just wants 3-4 million cap hit range each year We can look at that next season when I get a better feel for our cap. There’s certainly a chance we’ll extend him.

Here are the roles my WRs sort of had:

Ace Sanders is that ideal 4th wideout who can be the reliable guy who catches the ball when you need a first down to keep momentum going. He has a 94 route running, but just a 19 big play, with a 546 drops, 60 downfield, and 56 3rd down. That’s his role. Nothing sexy.

Blackmon is the reliable 3rd option, moves into a starting role when there’s an injury easily, he has an 83 big play so he can get that huge play as your 3rd option in a normal three wideout set, and he’s a a good solid 3rd guy, but not a good #2.

Robinson’s stats work well as a #2. Lee’s are obviously a strong #1.

And I simply can’t commit 3 mill of next year’s cap to Ace Sanders because I need it for Bortles/Lee and maybe Robinson.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-08-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #61
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here, let me take a quick picture of the top non-kicker players in the NFL currently on rosters.

Dang! Hello OG Marquis Satre!

It’s okay to take an OG at pick 6 if her ends up looking like that, right?

Honestly, with this developed offense, and with so much great reserves and backups (WR Blackmon, RB Gerhart, QB Foles, TE Owen Daniels, WR Ace Sanders, OG Mike Iupati, OC Nicky Fitz or OC Roger Pearson) in addition to DeMarco Murray, Bortles, Satre, Lee, and so forth. We have a developed offense that should be really in tune, and I expect this to be a top 5 offense this year.

With the defense a work-in-progress and hopefully no longer embarrassing, I think we have the pieces for a 9-7 or 10-6 run that puts us in the offseason question.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-08-2015 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:33 PM   #62
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Satre looks like a monster.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #63
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Satre looks like a monster.

Yeah. I hope he plays like it!

Old 02-09-2015, 04:32 PM   #64
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s start the 2016 NFL Season

Week 1 – We begin by hosting division rivals the Titans. We use this as a chance to begin the season right and easily win 34-10. Marqise Lee was MVP with 6 grabs, 168 yards, and 3 scores. Bortles was 18 of 25 for 245 and 3:1, and Murray was 17 carries, 148 yards, and a score. CB Patrick Robinson grabbed a pick, OG Satre rocked 4 KRB.

We do have one injury of note. OC Pearson is doubtful with a pulled groin, and I bench him for a while.

Week 2 – We travel to Detroit to face the Lions this week. We thump them 44-24. Bortles, Game MVP and NFL Offensive Player of the Week, was 31 for 38, 423, and 4:0. He nailed Murray, Lee, and Gerhart twice for score,s and Murray added a 5th on the ground. Blackmon had 126 yards on 8 grabs. Meanwhile new signee Kareem Jackson grabbed a Stafford pick and OG Satre and FB Will Johnson each had 3 KRB. Shoot, CB McCray had 4 special teams tackles even. Guy was a force.

Week 3 – We fly over to Cleveland for a game against the Browns this week. We lose 27-21. They held us to little ground offense, and we were forced to throw too much -= Bortles was 30of 49 for 313 and 2:2. Murray and Blackmon netted scores and OLB Telvin Smith a pick. OT Luke Joeckel is out for a week with a concussion.

Week 4 – We host the hapless Raiders and send them home at the tail end of a 37-10 loss. Bortles, MVP, is 26 of 29 for 297 and 2:0 and Marqise Lee catches 11 for 131 and a score and Blackmon the other. Murray was banged up a bit and Gerhart grabbed 2 on the ground and 16 carries for 57 yards part way through. Murray finishes probable for next week with a twisted ankle, and we’ll rock him. CB Kareem Jackson grabbed another pick, and Satre and C Fitzgerald each grabbed a trifecta of KRB.

We finish the first quarter and very strong 3-1, with all three of our victories just blasting our foes by 20 or more points. That’s just nasty. Is this the beginning of the Jag-ernaut?

Old 02-09-2015, 04:35 PM   #65
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

DAMN!

i just began simming the next quarter. Week 5 is a bye, so I just did week 6. Wow! Just, get ready....

Old 02-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #66
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 – BYE

Week 6 – For today’s match hosting the Colts, we have all injuries healed up. We win 27-10. Holy crap! OG Marquis Satre had 11 KRB and 4 pancakes in one game! DANG! OT Joeckel had 4 KRB and OG Zane Beadles 3. Satre was the Game MVP, and you don’t see that much from a O Lineman! Murray was 23 for 107 and 2 scores, Gerhart added 63 yards on the ground, and Bortles rushed 7 times for a score too. Oh, and we threw the ball around too – 24 of 27, 222, and 0:1. OLB Courtney Upshaw has a forced fumble and recovery on their RB. CB McCray ha 4 special teams tackles and forced a fumble on it and Kareem Jackson recovered it.

We have one injury – OT Meredith is out for a month or so with a strained calf muscle. Iupati will start for him. Will today’s game be the beginning of Satre’s All Pro legacy? In five games, against people in the league with 6, he hasn’t allowed a sack, he has the most KRB by 3, and the lost pancakes by 3. If he continues at this rate, he will dominate all o-lineman in every major stat at the end of the year.

Week 7 – This week we travel to our Titan foes, where their one-win team hopes to shock us with a win. We shut that down, 33-6. The unbeaten Texans finally lose, and they are 6-1 (we are 5-1). Bortles, MVP, 24 of 27, 222, 3:0. Murray was 24 and 86, and Blackmon, Lee, and Murray all caught TD Passes. CB Jeremy Harris grabbed a pick, FS Tavon Wilson forced a fumble that CB Jackson recovered. OLB Justin Huston was an animal with 12 solo tackles, 2 assists, and a sack, and a hurry. Sarte, Beadles each had 4 KRB and Joeckel 3. A few probables by backups (OLB Telvin Smith, FS Quintin Demps), nothing major in injury news.

Week 8 – A lot of our wins thus far this season haven’t come against top-flight talent. The Titans are 1-5 and the Colts 2-5, and that’s three of our five wins. Our first major test is today in Kansas City, against the 4-2 Chiefs. Denver is 5-1, and the Chiefs are trying to keep pace. So, it’s not a big victory, but we’ll take the 24-10 game we just won. Bortles, MVP, 20 of 29, 232, 2:0. RB Murray and WR Blackmon are the scorers. Murray is 14 for 86 and a score. CB Kareem Jackson notched two picks off Alex Smith and backup CB Ellis Lankster another. Kareem also had a forced fumble that OLB Houston recovered (from one mega-signee in the off season to the other!) OT Joeckel with 3 KRB.

C Nicky Fitzgerald is knocked out for a week with a concussion and C Pearson will be starting. T Meredith is probable for two more weeks – we’ll continue to keep him out.

Week 9 – Our next test is the 6-1 Broncos arriving here in North Florida. If we can win today, we will finish the first half of the season an incredibly strong 7-1, gone 4-0 over the last quarter, and have two victories against winning teams in there as well. But it’s not to be. We lose 27-20. Murray was 14 for 79 and a score, and Bortles was 24 of 39 for 250 and 1:2. TE Gresham caught the score. OG Satre rocked 4 KRB.

Injuries – C Nicky Fitz will be back. FS Brendan Tate is questionable for a week (cold) and OG Beadles injured his knee and is questionable for a few weeks. I bench both for a while. I put OT Meredith back into the lineup.

We are 6-2 and Houston 7-1 in the first half of the season.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:53 PM   #67
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 10 – We are traveling to face the 4-4 Chargers. We come back victors 27-20. Meanwhile Houston lost to the Colts, so we are both 7-2. DeMarco Murray, MVP, with 14 rushes, 83 yards, and a score, and 7 catches, 57 yards, and a score. Lee had another score. Bortles was 21:32, 2:1, 215 yards. Pick by S Tavon Wilson. OG Iupati 4 KRB, Satre 3.

A few folks are healing up.

Week 11 – This is the most important game of our season thus far. We are traveling to Houston. If we win, get a game up over them, and we’ll have the tiebreaker. We have them at home in Week 15. Win here, and we put ourselves in a very good position. Lose, and it’s not the end of the world if we can at least hold our serve in then.

We score 31
They score 17

We defeat the Texans, and move into 1st place for the first time ever. Bortles, MVP, 14 of 20, 202, 3:1, hit Murray for 2 scores and WR Allen Robinson for another. Murray was 15 for 101 rushing. S Cyprien with a rare interception. Rookie DE Velazquez rocked 2 sacks. OG Iupati had 3 KRB.

We have a few injuries though. WR Blackmon broke his finger and LG Iupati his nose. We’ll play both this next week though.

Week 12 – Today we host the 4-6 Vikings. We win 31-17 same score as last week! Bortles is Game MVP, and NFL offensive Player of the Week, with 22 of 25, 269 and 2:0. He hits Lee and Robinson for scores. Murray rushes 24 for 116 and a score too. DT Hood and CB Jackson both get picks and SS forces a fumble that CB Jeremy Harris snatches up. C Nicky Fitz with 3 KRB.

We have a major injury. Signee, OLB Justin Houston strained his deltoid. He is out for a few weeks. I activate WLB Antonio Randle in his absence. Orakpo will start in his stead.

Meanwhile Bortles injured his ribs and is probable for a few weeks. OG Beadles is back from his injury.

Houston lost in Green Bay and we are now two games up.

Week 13 – We hope to defeat the 5-6 Brady-less Patriots in our own home. But nope. We drop a game and lose 24-13. Bortles – 24 of 44, 235, 1:3. Murray 20 for 57 yards. Lee caught a score. Not a great offensive performance. CB McCray as a dimeback got a pick. FS Quintin Demps forced a fumble. The Pats can still shut you down hard. Houston lost to the Bengals, so we didn’t drop a game on them

We have a few injuries again. DT Kevin Williams is out for the rest o the season with a damaged elbow. He’s out for 8 weeks with it. I go ahead and IR him. I sign Jacksonville native and 3 year vet Louis Nix, a NT< to replace him. He was a 3rd round pick by the Texans a few years ago. They cut him after pre-season this year, and he comes in as a 36/36 guy. Rookie Grossman is starting the rest of the year.

RCB Patrick Robinson is doubtful with turf toe, and we’re not sure when that will end. I deactivate him. Jeremy Harris will start instead.

We finish the next quarter with the same record as each of the other s3-1, and we are now 9-3, and in a good place to win the AFC North this year.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:22 PM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 – We travel to the 4-8 Bears and try to get to 10 wins. Houston loses to Detroit and are now 7-6, and we win 38-9. Bortles, MVP, 25 of 34, 362, 4:1. He nailed FB Will Johnson one score, Lee 2 scores and 145 yards, and WR Blackmon the final score. 2 picks by Kareem Jackson, one of which was returned 62 yards for a score.

No major injuries.

Cincinnati is 10-3 and on top of the AFC North by 3 games.
Denver is 11-2 and on top by 4 games
Jets and Bills are 8-5 and the Pats 7-6 and all in a fight for that division.

So basically we are still in the running for a bye with three games to go. We are third with the Bengals beating us right now in a tie breaker.

Week 15 – We circled this week as a major game hosting the Texans. Now it’s not. We are hosting the Texans, the 9-4 Packers and then hit the road to finish at the 6-7 Colts. The Pack is now the big game left. Even if Houston wins today, they probably aren’t catching up to us and then winning the tiebreaker against us too. We hang 44 points on them to remind them of that. They score 17. Bortles, MVP< with 22 of 28, 328, 3:0, and he he Lee 5 times for 161 yards and s core, and WRs Robinson the other. Gerhart had fewer runs, broke two open, and had 85 yards and a pair of running scores (Murray had 87 yrds). Gerhart also caught a score. OLB Telvin Smith and DE Velazquez forced fumbles which CB McCray and DT Grossman recovered. Satre had 4 KRB and 4 pancakes. OT Meredith h had 3 KRb.

No major injuries. Denver lost to Oakland. So now we have three 11-3 teams atop the AFC charts.

Week 16 – Green Bay. At 10-4, Green Bay is a major, playoff caliber opponent. But we have them traveling from the arctic tundra to balmy Jacksonville, where we’ll be playing in 67 degree weather. Bortles’ rib injury was fully healed this week. I’m bringing back OLB Justin Huston a week earlier than expected from injury, because I need all of the help I can get this week. We take them down 34-20. Bortles, MVP, 26 of 32, 320 but 0:1. Murrary, Gerhard and FB Johnson all rushed for a score. Lee had 9 catches for 106 yards though, and S Tavon Wilsin got a pick and returned it 34 yards for a score. Other picks by OLB Telvin Smith and CB Jeremy Harris. OB Satre with 5 KRB and 3 pancakes.

That was a really nice victory for us!

DeMarco Murray injured his thumb and is probable for 2 weeks. FS Tavon Wilson is concussed and out for 3. RCB Patrick Robinson’s turf toe is over and he comes back. Robinson was banged up and dropped to 39/39 with that injury so I’m leaving Jeremy Harris in the lineup.

Week 17 - Denver lost again, this time to Atlanta. So if we win in Indianapolis today, then we will wind up with a bye. And we do, we win 24-7. Game MVP is Bortles with 25 of 26, 3:1 and 247 yards, and Allen Robinson was 6 grabs, 107 yards and a score. Murray rocked the other TD Catch, and OG Satre had 7 KRB and 2 pancakes.

Injuries – DE Kaden Rivera is out for 3 weeks with a concussion. LT Luke Joeckel is questionable with a sprained knee ligament for a few weeks.

Final Standings, AFC South

Jacksonville – 13-3
Houston – 8-8
Indianapolis – 7-9
Tennessee - 5-11

We have the top bye.

Jacksonville, 13-3
Denver, 12-4
Cincinnati, 12-4
New York, 11-5
Buffalo, 10-6
Pittsburgh, 9-7

That’s 1-6 in order.

Well, that was a much better season that I was expecting.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:54 PM   #69
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2016 NFL Playoffs!

Wild Card Weekend

Bills lose at the Jets, 10-35
Steelers win at the Bengals 34-26

49ers can’t win at the Packers, 34-3
Seahawks can win at the Falcons 24-16

Week 2, NFL Playoffs:

Jacksonville hosts Steelers
Denver hosts Jets

Washington hosts Packers
St Louis hosts Seahawks (Both 13-3 teams from the same division – some are calling this the NFC Championship)

Lingering injuries for us?

Murray is back to 100%
FS Tavon Wlson still out for this week
DE Kaden Rivera the same – he’s my 3rd strong now behind Ninkovich and Velazquez – I have 5 De on my roster, so we’re fine.
LT Joeckel is upgraded to probable and will play today.

Before we begin, should we resign Joeckel? We’re losing him right now, and he has had his best season for us now, in his 3rd year – 26 KRB of 64, 6 sacks allowed. He had 27 KRB in both previous years combined and allowed 22 sacks. This is a major improvement. Even though his cap is in the 7-8 mill range for the next four years, it’s not worth it, not when I have Lee and Bortles to deal with. So, sorry Joeckel. But no.

This is our first playoff game in my tenure, and we have a great offense, and they have a number 6 seed, with a not-super-hot team. But they do have TE Marcedes Lewis starting for them, so we welcome him back warmly.

We win 34-27.

Their defense was on Bortles all day long and he was just 28 of 45, 315 and 3:3. He hit Robinson, Murray and Lee for scores. Murray was Game MVP with 1 rushing score too (Gerhart got a TD as well on the ground). CB Jackson rocked a pick. We forced three fumbles on the day, and both DT Hood and LB Houston forced and recovered their fumble. DT Hood had 2 sacks, 1 blocked pass, 2 hurrys, a forced fumble and a recovery. Great day for him. Jackson also defended 3 passes. OT Meredith had 3 KRB.

In other news, the Broncos edged the Jets 17-16, the Packers defeated the Redskins on the road 17-10 and the Seahawks won that battle on the road 20-13. Low scoring affairs.

FS Wilson will start next week.

DT Nix, whom we just signed is questionable with a pulled ligament for 8 weeks. I toss Rivera on IR since his time off appears to cover the next two weeks (Champ and Super Bowl) so I can sign RDE Byron Kelley, 3 year vet originally undrafted and brought into the Giants, Panthers and Patriots and now us, all for short spells. He’s 30/42, and in his third year. I deactivate him and activate RDT Beau Allen and deactivate Louis Nix as well.

Old 02-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #70
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Championship Weekend:

The #5 Seed 13-3 Seahawks travel to the #2 seed 12-4 Green Bay Packers

And the #2 seed 12-4 Bronco travel to the #1 seed 13-3 Jaguars

If we win today, and the Super Bowl, it will have happened to teams with really good records. Earlier this year we lost to the Broncos and defeated the Packers. So we all know each other.

This time, we edge the Broncos. 34-28!

Game MVP was DeMarco Murray, with 21 carries, 88 yards, 3 scores, 5 catches, 28 yards, and another score. Bortles was 24 of 31, 292, and 1:1. CB Lankster forced a fumble that CB Robinson recovered. (On special teams) C Nicky Fitz was 4 KRB and OT Meredith 3.

Meanwhile, Seattle upends the Pack 38-13. Not even a game.

Going into the final game:

OT Luke Joeckel is still probable
QB Bortles was probable from that game and a sprained knee
OG Satre is questionable with a broken toe.

Everyone will be starting!

We made it a lot further this year than I was anticipating!

Old 02-09-2015, 09:20 PM   #71
Travis
Pro Rookie

Nicely done, congratulations and good luck!
Old 02-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #72
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2016 NFL Super Bowl

Your NFC Champion #5 seed 13-3 Seattle Seahawks

Vs

Your AFC Champion #1 seed 13-3 Jacksonville Jaguars

I guess that attempt to turn Jacksonville into Seattle East paid off!

Seattle marches down the field and scores a FG in the first, and we tie it up as the first quarter ends. 3-3

Then score two more field goals as the second half opens and we keep them from the endzone twice.

Their defense is playing really stingy. Just before the halftime, a 2 yard pass from Russell Wilson to Sebastian Ratcliff gives them a 16-3 lead at the half,

Bortles opens the second half with a drive, that ends in a pick to CB Robert Alford. They drive down and Michael Crabtree catches a 13 yard ball for a score at the 11:05 mark. 23-3

Our next drive heads down, and we grind out a score with Ace Sanders on a 2nd yard play on the 1 yard line. 23-10

They grab the ball back and score on a drive that features Marshawn Lynch a few times. 30-10.

Bortles is picked off. We stop them and they punt. We get a great punt return by Justin Blackmon. 3rd quarter ends!

We open with a drive and Allen Robinson scores form a 14 yard pass by Bortles. 30-17. Seattle offense begins to stymie. Then DT Quentin Grossman, the rookie, gets a nasty sack on Wilson, forces a fumble, and DE Kenneth Butler spelling, DE Valazquez, recovers. We get the ball in dangerous territory.

A few plays later, and a nasty pass rush on us by the Seahawks forces Bortles to scramble, and he is hit and fumbles the ball right back. They drive a bit, stop, punt, and put in on their own two yard line.

The very next play Bortles is sacked for a safety. And that’s the game’s final score – 32-17. Seattle lifts another trophy. Congrats folks!

We came this close to that victory…

I was expecting a Super Bowl in 5 years when I took over, that would have been really fast!

Old 02-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #73
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Nicely done, congratulations and good luck!

Thanks!....but.....

Edit - At least your Seahawks won though!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-09-2015 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:48 PM   #74
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Season Awards:

Player of the Year: QB Blake Bortles – Well, we probably should have signed him this year, his price is probably now a lot worse than it would have been. Sigh?

Offensive Player of the Year: QB Bortles

All League 1st Team:

QB Blake Bortles
OG Marquis Satre

All League 2nd Team:

CB Kareem Jackson

Old 02-09-2015, 10:22 PM   #75
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stats!

Passing

QB Blake Bortles, 4382 yards, 11.65 yards/catch, 73,2% completion (By far the best in the league), 35:14 TDs to Picks (most TDs through by 2 over Russell Wilson), 109.9 rating, by far, the best of the season (Andy Dalton was next with 103.5), 32 sacks, (3rd lowest among folks that started 16 games), 2 rush TD, 3 fumbles.

Wow. That’s just a great season for him. Now, it’s not a blow-you-off-your-seat 5000+ yard season led by 40+ TDs, but he had lethal accuracy and a great rating. In Blake we Trust Baby!

Rushing:

RB DeMarco Murray – 254 attempts, 1214 yards, 9 TDs, 5th most yards in NFL this season. Tied for 3rd most TDs rushing, 2 fumbles lost; 80 catches, 529 yards, 8 scoring receptions.

Dang is Murray doing well in receiving. Sure, I’d love him to have a better yards/catch., but he’s doing quite well, and accounted for 17 TDs.

Receiving:

WR Marqise Lee – 87 catches, 1429 yards, 11 TD – Was 3rd in yards heading into final game of season and was shut down fur just 2 catches and 13 yards there and dropped to 6th in yards receiving, which probably put him out of All Pro level. Tied for 2nd most TDs.

WR Justin Blackmon – 54 for 622 and 5

WR Allen Robinson, 44 for 626 and 5

Note the missing scores and yards of a TE. Neither Gresham nor Daniels really did much. Daniels had 145 yards and Gresham 132 and a score.

Special Teams:

K Tyler Bernard, 30 of 34 FGM, including long of 58 (longest FG made this year by 3 yards). 56/56 PAT

P Johnny Hekker – 77 punts, 41.1 average, 37 in 20. 4th lowest punting average and 8th lowest net average.

CB Demetrius McCray - 22 special teams tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1 special teams recover (1 in normal play too)

No one really excelled

(DE Robert Quinn had 30 sacks this season, by the way)

Defense –

DE Rob Ninkovich – 11.5 sacks, 1 blocked pass, 20 hurries
DE Cesar Velazquez – 8 sacks, 3 blocked passes, 20 hurries, 5 knockdowns.
DT Evander Hood, 5 sacks, 4 blocks, 10 hurries, 1 knockdown
DT Quentin Grossman, 7 starts, 2 sacks, 1 block, 6 hurry, 1 knockdown

OLB Courtney Upshaw – 75 tackles, 24 assits, 3.5 sacks, 10 pasdef
OLB Justin Houston – 13 starts, 68 tack, 26 assist, 3 sacks, 1 block, 1 knockdown, 9 pasdef
MLB Koa Misi, 54 tackles, 16 assst, 1 sack., 1 hurry, 1 pasdef
OLB Telvin Smith, 2 picks, 2 pasdef

SS Jonathan Cyprien, 104 tack, 32 assist, 1 sack, 1 pick, 9 pasdef
CB Jeremy Harris, 68 tack, 16 assist, , 2 picks, 12 pasdef
CB Kareem Jackson, 53 tack, 15 assist, 7 picks, 19 passes defensed
FE Tavon Wilson – 15 starts, 50 and 17, 2 picks, 14 passes def
CB Patrick Robinson – 34 and 9,1 pick and 4 pasdef

It’s about time someone had a pass rush. Thanks Ninkovich! DE Velazquez looked pretty good in his rookie year as well. Meanwhile, Upshaw had a strong year for us, and Kareem Jackson proved the money worth it. Houston could have been better, but he was out for a bit, so he’s alright.

Blocking

OG Marquis Satre – 57 KRB out of 132 KRO, 23 pancakes, ZERO sacks allowed.

I‘m just going to pause here a second. No sacks allowed. He led the league by 10 pancakes, and 4 KRB One guy had 53 KRB, the next highest had 43). And no sacks allowed obviously leads the league for 16 game starters on the O Line. That’s right, he won every single blocking stat in the NFL this year. The era of the Marquis has begun baby!

OT Luke Joeckel – 26 KRB out of 64 KRO, 6 sacks allowed
OG Zane Beadles – 13 starts, 15 out of 46, 7 sacks allowed
C Nicky Fitzgerald - 12 starts, 14 out of 50, 1 pancake, 5 sacks allowed
OT Jamon Meredith – 13 starts, 13 out of 33, 1 pancake, 6 sacks allowed
OG Mike Iupati - 7 starts, 12 out of 27, 4 sacks allowed

FB Will Johnson had a pair of pancakes (I would have loved to have seen those!) and8 KRB and no sacks allowed either.

Better stuff by many on my line. Although Beadles disappointed – his worst stat line in his three years of starting for us, although he had 3 fewer starts.

Not bad at all!

Old 02-09-2015, 10:39 PM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year – I can’t not choose Blake Bortles a third year in a row. Sorry. His stats speak volumes!

Defensive Player of the Year – CB Kareem Jackson – I can’t deny that he has a lot of talent, but he also played well too, and got an All Pro nod. We needed a player in the secondary for us, and Jackson has performed that role quite admirably this year.

Special Teams Player of the Year – K Tyler Bernard – He kicked the longest FG in the league this year, he was a solid 30 of 34, and made all of his PAT, and there were a lot of games where he’d go 3/3 or 4/4 without any problem this year. Good job Tyler!

Rookie of the Year - DE Cesar Velazquez - What did Velazquez bring to the team? He rocked the 2nd most sacks (and more than most people ever got for the team in previous years), with 20 hurries and that’s pretty solid. In the NFL this year, the most hurries was 42 (Robert Quinn) and then 32. 20 that Velazquez got was tied for 9th in the league with Ninkovich, BJ Raji, and Charles Johnson. Pretty good stuff for a rookie, right?

Heart Award - DE Rob Ninkovich – Basically the Defensive PotY award came down to Ninkovich or Jackson. Jackson deserved it, barely. To be fair, that’s what we expected from Jackson, the highest rated free agent last year. Ninkovich isn’t that person. He’s an old, 11 year vet, with a 39/39 rating, and he rocked 11.5 sacks and 20 hurries, both of which led the team. He really played beyond himself, and deserves this award.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:14 PM   #77
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

End of 2016 NFL Season:

Team Performance – 86
Franchise Value – 83
Profit-Loss – 84
Roster Strength – 29 (Why?)

Year End Score – 80

Old 02-10-2015, 12:33 AM   #78
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Retirements on our team?

DT Kevin Williams has retired. You have a good post-NFL life!

Other Retirements of Note:

DE jonathan Babineaux
DT Haloti Ngata
MLB D’Qwell Jackson
OT Michael Roos
MLB Derrick Johnson
WR Greg Jennings
DT Vince Wilfork
MLB Daryl Smith (Sad face)
K Sebastian Janikowski
RB Maurice Jones-Drew (sad face)
TE Marcedes Lewis (sad face)
TE Vernon Davis
OG Logan Mankins
RB Reggie Bush
CB DeAngelo Hall

Not as high a class as the last two, but a few that people might talk about in HOF conversations later. But not any that would make it in my book.

Old 02-10-2015, 04:15 PM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Anyone not on my roster that I care about:

UFA:

SE Ace Sanders
OT Luke Joeckel
CB Jeremy Harris
CB Demetrius McCray

FA:

None that I care about that much

We have 43 players under contract. We currently have 17 million in cap space (12 million after accounting for our draft class)

Team Stuff:

We lost 12 mill last year. (Even more salary costs due to bonuses, and we’ll lose more this season with Bortles/Lee on tap)

Our value is 693 mill, 11th lowest
Stadium is 6th worst
Roster 3rd best
Support 10th worst
Economy 11th worst

87.5% attendance, a huge bonus

Old 02-10-2015, 05:01 PM   #80
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

All of our staff have 2 or more years on their deals.

Staff draft time!

We still pick 27th

I make no changes to our staff this year.

I don’t do that much to my ticket prices, but I touch them a little on the high-end stuff.

Do I want to tag someone? Anyone? Joeckel? Nah.

Old 02-10-2015, 09:57 PM   #81
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Free Agency Time!

The two most important things I have to do this FA are to retain Bortles and Lee. That’s my priority.

I sign Bortles:

2017 - 14.4 Mill cap hit this year
2018 – 17.7 mill cap hit
2019 – 17.9 mill cap hit
2020 – 19.9 mill cap hit
2021 – 25 mill cap hit

Not bad for the Player of the Year last year.

Our scouts have Bortles now at 61/61

Now, what will it take to extend WR Marqise Lee?

Huge signing bonus and he wants an odd deal:

2017 – 6.15 mill cap this
2018 – 8.6 mill cap
2019 – 14.85 mill cap hit

Alright, we’ll do it. I can’t use it to build my team this year.

These two extensions give me 5.6 mill in cap room this year and just 240k in max for new player.

We need to make some adjustments. Such as cuts or stuff

I cut 30 year old OG Zane Beadles. This frees up 6.01 mill of cap space. I still have Mike Iupati, Satre, and Linder on my team. We’re good. And while I lose a mentor, Beadles wasn’t playing that well. So this was an obvious choice.

And now I have money again! I have 42 players under contract, add in 8 draftees ( I have two 7s this year) and that’s 49 folks. That’s not a lot of need on my roster…but…

I do have some holes...

TE Perhaps?
WRx2
Backup OG
Starter OT, backup OT
Better Punter
MLB for SURE
CB for SURE
1x CB backup

Others in their final year I might want to negotiate in order to make some cap space?

I extend Nick Foles for a year, drop his cap hit this year by 1 million

If I want, I can pay 200k more now to extend Gerhart by a two years really cheaply. I want to hold off though, because you never know if I can sign a backup RB cheaply later on.

CB Patrick Robinson has disappointed recently, and I could cut him for some good money, but I need to have a CB in hand in order to do that, with Jeremy Harris and Demetrius McCray off my roster.

I want to keep either Blackmon or Robinson past this year.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:17 PM   #82
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So our team obviously benefitted from a hugely good rookie class four years ago when we drafted WR Marqise Lee, WR Allen Robinson, QB Blake Bortles, OG Brandon Linder, SLB Telvin Smith, and undrafted folks like WR Allen Hurns, K Tyler Bernard, DE Kaden Rivera, and C Nicky Fitzgerald. Were we just lucky?

Let’s take a look. Here are the best QBs in the league right now. Now we’ve had three major retirements – Peyton, Brady and Brees, that impact this.

Russell Wilson – 82
Andrew Luck – 76
Aaron Rogers – 72
Ben Roethlisberger – 63
Cam Newton -= 63
Philip Rivers – 62
Jay Cutler – 61
Blake Bortles – 61
Tony Romo – 54
Alex Smith – 52
Andy Dalton – 51
Teddy Bridgewater – 51
Matt Ryan – 50

Derek Carr’s 44/45, Johnny Manziel’s 47/60 don’t look that bad.

Any recent rookies that are intriguing?

What are the highest potential QBs 3 years or younger?

42/50 Jaylen Banks – St Louis Rams
20/46 Cesar Jones – Philadelphia Eagles
11/44 Jonah Cocozzo – 49ers
21/43 Percy Philips - Chargers
17/42 Corwin Hastings – Broncos
22/41 Richard Compton – Panthers

Will there be a time when every QB in the league is in the 40s or less?

We haven’t had one, major, QB guy come through the tanks at the level of Bortles/Bridgewater/Carr/Manziel. And Carr isn’t even that good.

I’m glad I extended Foles by a year. Nick Foles is a cheap 42/50. 2.4 mill this year and 1.8 mill next. If Bortles goes down in a career-ending injury, I can just keep things going with Foles. Not as well, but I should be okay.

My guess is that we’ve just had QB poor classes, or that we have some QBs that are growers out there that don’t look good yet, but perhaps this is a sign that FOF7 doesn’t make many good QBs.

Of the good list of Qbs, many are in the mid30s and likely to retire soon – Ben is 35, Rodgers 33, Phillip 35, Jay 33, Tony 36, Alex 32, and Eli (a unsigned FA at 44/44) is 36. And many of these players are on their way down if they stay for a lot longer.

The only U-30 Qbs in the top list are Wilson (28), Luck (27), Cam (27), Bortles (25), Andy (29) and Teddy (24).

That’s not a lot.

I extend RFA Deals:

DE Kenneth Butler

No one else at this time.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:52 PM   #83
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I would love to pick up an MLB, OT, and CB in the FA pool.

There’s not a lot…

The top talent in the FA pool –

10 year vet CB Aqib Talib,62/62
11 year vet LDT Brian Mebane, 60/60
10 year vet LCB Brandon Carr, 59/59
P Brad Norman, 59/59
FB Mike Tolbert, 59/59
WLB Bruce Irvin – 56/56
K Justin Tucker – 56./56

And a few others

In fact, both Ace Sanders and Luke Joeckel are in the first page of current value in my list here. Ace is the top valued wideout at 50/50, and Joeckel the top OT at 54/54. Both are high in the Grey Sheet

Let’s move to week 2

Aqib wants a lot of money.

I really like Bruce Irvin. He’s cheap, solid, and from WVU. But I can sign OLBs until I’m blue in the face, it won’t help my MLB problem. But Bruce is a good, budget conscious player that I need right now

So, for example, the best RB in the FA class is LeGarrette Blount, at 53/53, and he doesn’t want that much, and he’s better than Gerhart (although not a good fast back nor power inside, he’s more of a receiving/blocking back.) Matt Forte doesn’t want much either.

The best combination of youth, talent, and price on the market is Manti Te’o at the MLB spot – he’s 45/45. No one is better than 49/49 though, so he’s just a step back.

The difference in prince between an OT at 54/54 and one at 44/44 is incredible. I have a lot of options there for a player who’s budget conscious.

Old 02-10-2015, 11:48 PM   #84
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I make offers to:

MLB Manti Te’o
OT Derek Sherrod
RCB Darqueeze Dennard

Week 3 – Nothing

Week 4 – OT Luke Joeckel signed with Phily. For a lot of money.

Week 5 – Quiet

Week 6 – Ace Sanders signed with Phily too. I am the only one chasing our three targets.

Week 7 – RCB Darqueeze Dennard signs with us. I cut RCB Patrick Robinson.

Any major names still out there, now that I’ve freed some more cap space?

I make an offer to Punter Brad Nortman.

Anyone else appeal to me?

Nobody has made offers to RG Roger Saffold, 51/51, who I could sign for a song right now (1.6, 1.9 for two years)

SS George Iloka is a 50/50 guy….hold on….

He’ll come in with an affinity, cheap, and a mentor for safeties?

Now I have FS Quentin Demps who is 31, 40/40, mentor, and used to be my secondary leader, but Kareem Jackson apparently just took it over. This guy is better, also a mentor, younger, and cheaper, and has an affinity.

I make Iloka an offer

Actually, I’m not sure if Iloka is a splurge. I have Tavon Austin at 52/52 and Cyprien at 61/61. This would just be my 3rd string S. Although, to be fair, there is value, because my CB group is weak, so he could be a nickel/dime back. That’s fair. Let’s do it.

Week 8 – We sign – RT Derek Sherrod, SS George Iloka, and I release Demps.

I sign FA WR DJ Donaldson to a 2 year deal.

Week 9 – CB Jeremy Harris signed with the 49ers for about 4 mill a year.

Week 10 – P Brad Norman signed with us. He’s 59/59. I cut my 47/47 guy who was sucking. I also sign Manti Te’o

I have 6.9 mill in cap room, and 1.49 mill in max for a new player after those signings.

Anyone else? I can cut WLB Orakpo to make some room it seems. Maybe I should have gone after that WVU anyway 

I cut Orakpo now. Free up 4 mill. He’s not starting – I have on my roster a bunch of LBs better than he was. Now, if I want a quality LB backup, I can sign one. I have 5 under contract, and a RFA (Randle)I extend Randle for a year at the minimum which will take me to the draft.

Alright, now that OI know where we are, roster wise, time to interview some draftees. We are picking all the way back at 1.31, which is not that great, obviously. The key here is to always draft the best available player. In the first few picks, you can take the best player for your need, or take the secondary third best player because he better fits your system. Here you just grab the best body in order to give value to your pick.

I’d love a stud starting TE, OT, MLB, CB, DT. But I’ve signed talent enough to skip on folks for need.

We have 46 players on our roster right now, so here are the folks I need, in terms of backups and such:

RB
WR
OG
OT
DT
3xCB

I have my eye on Free Agent Jonathan Joseph, a great special teamer who’s a mentor to CBs. In case I draft one or three.

With those needs, where would I target for late 1st?

Three of the top four players on the board are QBs this year. One is from WVU! This is a good time to need one.

I begin my interviews. I interview all six of the CBs in spots 3 through 8. I also interview a other folks I think might fall (C, TE, a four MLBs) that sort of thing)

Alright, let’s hit the draft.

Week 11 – Zane Beadles signed with San Diego

Old 02-11-2015, 11:20 AM   #85
tgray649
Mascot

Great Read!
tgray649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #86
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Thanks!

Old 02-11-2015, 06:21 PM   #87
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2017 NFL Amateur Draft

The first three picks are the Qbs

Then the top ILB goes to the Rams.

The top OT< who looks like a pure stud, doesn’t go until 1.14 to the Cowboys. I suspect that could be a steal.

Our turn.

The best TE is still on the board, and we interviewed him, hoping that would be an awesome pick, since he has good scores and bars 0 but he comes back very overrated. Sad face. Sorry TE Kendall Metcalf!

What else fits here?

I like Melvin Robinson, the top MLB on the board, so I grab him.

Red, top of the line combine score in agility, (7.30, faster than any other by far), and then he’s blue combine marks (smart 6th smartest ILB with a 37 score) dash, and strength. Bars are fine too. Not a good pass rusher or bump and run, both otherwise he’s fine.

Round two arrives and one of my Cbs is still here. I take CB Shane Hopkins

Round three? Nobody is left that I scouted. So, I’m sort of gambling from here on out.

I take a Qb late with solid bars, red dash (4.44 40), blue strength (13) and position drills (79) just as a flyer.

I also take a TE with great combine numbers and awful bars late too.

I don’t like it already. We’ll see how it looks post-draft though!

Jacksonville Jaguars 2017 Draft

1. MLB Melvin Robinson, Syracuse
2. CB Shane Hopkins, Mississippi
3. OT Ezekiel Kamin, Virginia
4. DT Julian Small, Tulane
5. CB Andrew Doyle, Northwestern
6. QB Mack Andrews, UCLA
7. RB Theodore Goeken, Northwestern State Louisiana
TE Howie Coles, Catawba

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-11-2015 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:55 PM   #88
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

What do the early scouts think?

B+ drafted review. Huh.

Better than my others? Not really.

Here are the early results:

MLB Robinson is 17/48 and not a good 1st rounder at all, not even late. Maybe he’ll grow into it?
CB Hopkins looks good, 27/61, and a strong late 2nd rounder – my one, hopefully, bright star
OT Kamin is 24/41
DT Small is 21/34
CB Doyle is 23/35
QB Andrews is 6/27
RB Goeken is 21/26
TE Cole is 22/27

We’ll see what happens ,later, but that’s not good at all.

Anybody else that tempts me?

Let’s make some offers!

I make that offer to RCB Jonathan Joseph to be a mentor and gunner.

I really like Van Linn, a Flanker that was undrafted three years ago and brought into KC for two years. Van, 1 34/37 person, has an 88 big play receiving, with an solid courage (52) and adjust to the ball (36/42) and getting downfield 26/46),. Now add on that decent presence on special teams with 50 special teams, 53/63 kick return and 11 punt return.

I make offers to a few UFAs for potentials, special teams, and such.

According to the Green Page, the highest ranked rookie is RB Desmond shepherd 59/88) taken 1.7, That OT I mentioned is 37/80 right now for Dallas at 1.14. The triple QBs? They are 25/82 (Tampa at the 1.1), 19/80 (New Orleans at the1.2) and 28/54 (Baltimore at the 1.3)

Our CB Hopkins is on the Green Page, and is the highest ranked CB (just one other on the Green Page, Lincoln Atiles, 37/64, was grabbed by the Bengals at 1.24). We took the 6th CB selected in the draft, and our interviews helped know which one to take.

There’s a wideout with great bars but low rating that looks a lot better, so I’m making that UFA (Denzel Huntley) an offer too.

Week 2 – No changes

Week 3 – We sign some UFAs – QB Edgar Martinez, WR Huntley, We also sign RCB Joseph and WR Linn.

Week 4 – We sign UFA SS Hector Shillingford and WR Morici.

Week 5 – I sign two more UFA – OT Tim Walters and RB Oscar Myers

Old 02-11-2015, 08:45 PM   #89
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, are you ready for the camping?

Camp Time!

Any major booms or busts from my younger folks? Or my rookies?

RCB Shane Hopkins is a 32/59 guy, with a strong potential in things like picks and zone D, weaker in Run d and punishing hitter. We’ll start Hopkins out as a nickelback and then move up from there later on I hope.

Post-Camp Cuts – After having too many conflicts with folks, we are cutting Mack Andrews. He just doesn’t get along with anyone.

Other youth movements?

1st rounder last year, DE Cesar Velazquez is 60/78

Undrafted DE Kenneth Butler from last year has moved to a strong 36/59

1st rounder last year DT Quentin Grossman is 39/54.

1st rounder this year, MLB Melvin Robinson is 22/48 and not looking that good. Ah well. I had some hits (Satre, Velazquez) and Grossman’s not that bad, but you sometimes miss I suppose.

Any other undrafted angels this year that I like? None.

Mr. Great Bars is not there (Denzel Huntley)

I need to trim two more pre-pre-season, because I had 63 on my roster. I cut UFA RB Oscar Myers and QB Teddy Cote for undrafed FA Edgar Estevez to have our 3rd spot. Edgar has more potential, and a lot more kick holding.

I extend FL Allen Robinson for three more years.

We old 50,600 season tickets

Old 02-11-2015, 09:14 PM   #90
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Pre-Season!

Week 1 – BYE

Week 2 – We take out the visiting Redskins 20-14

Week 3 – We lose to the road against the Falcons 22-19

Week 4 – We lose on the road against the Cowboys 19-20

5 of my O Line have minor injuries and are at probable or questionable

Week 5 – We eviscerate the Bucs 39-3 in our place and finish 2-2 in the pre-season

Final roster massaging:

I cut some folks:

TE Howie Coles
WR Raymond Morici
SS Hector Schillingford
WLB Antonio Randle
DE Frank Kearse
RB Theodore Goeken

In the pre-season, MLB Melvin Robinson grew to 27/51, rather than 22/48, after I started him. That’s….interesting. Do we have a grower, someone who needs to play and grows into a better player than they first seem to be? Or is this just an adjustment?

Post-camp, DT Evander Hood fell to 43/43. Need to keep an eye on that later.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #91
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’m thinking about starting DE Kenneth Butler this year, over Ninkovich. Ninkovich had a great year last year, but he dropped some as well to 35/35. Meanwhile Kenneth is 36/59 and could be a thing. So Kenneth is in. Ninkovich is now a mentor to DE(He didn’t use to be) so I cut the other mentor I had, Kearse – we didn’t need him anymore. I could also run DE Kaden Rivera again, but his 46/46 body is started two years and did nothing in year two when he got better. (Year one he had 6 sacks, year 2, none)

Hmmm….

I shop DE Kaden Rivera and trade him to the Steelers for their 4th and 6th rounders next year.

And there we are. No more issues with who to start at DE!

Final roster check:

QB Bortles and Foles are a strong one-two in case of injury and such. Bortles dropped back down to 57/57.

RB DeMarco Murray and Toby Gerhart again for the ride. Murray is down to 64/64.

FB Will Johnson is also fun. And still 60/60

TE We have Owen Daniels and Jermaine Gresham rocking the block but Daniels tumbled to 38/38. Gresham is the sole show now in many ways.

Marqise Lee (68/68) and Allen Robinson (52/52) are together for a while now, and Justin Blackmon (53/53) will be here for a year. Meanwhile, DJ Donaldson, Van Linn, and Denzel Huntley will play various roles on the team.

OC Nicky Fitz (46/46) and Roger Pearson (34/55) are still in a constant battle for who will start.

OG Satre (95/95) leads Mike Iupati (51/51) and Brandon Linder (41/41)

OT Jamon Meredith (49/49) is elading Derek Sherrod (43/43) and Juan Basile (41/41).

K Tyler Bernard is still 59/59; new signee P Brad Nortman rocks a 60/60 body, LS Grayson Johnstone.

At DE we have Cesar Velazquez (57/71), Kenneth Butler (36/59) and Ninkovich as a sub (35/35).

Meanwhile at DT we are starting Evander Hood (43/43) and Quentin Grossman (40/54)

The LB Corps is odd as always:

MLB features Manti Te’o started with a 47/47 look, and we’ll keep rookie Melvin Robinson (27/51)in mind.

SLB rocks Courtney Upshaw (54/54) and backup Telvin Smith (37/37)

WLB sees Justin Houston (69/69) rocking the block.

At CB we have LCB Kareem Jackson (69/69) and RCB Darqueeze Dennard (48/48) starting, with rookie Shane Hopkins (35/57) and other signees helping out.

At S we have SS Jonathan Cyprien (60/60) and Tavon Wilson (54/54) with backup George Iluka (49/49)

Old 02-11-2015, 09:34 PM   #92
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Roster Strengths:

6th best QB, 6th best reserve
4th best RB, 6th best reserve
3rd best FB
18th best TE, 10th best reserve
7th best starting WR, 17th best reserve
18th best C, 6th best reserve
2nd best OG, 7th worst reserve
20th best OT, THE best reserve
10th best P
8th best K
6th worst DE, 13th worst reserve
12th worst DT, 19th best reserve
11th worst MLB, worst reserve
5th best OLB, 8th best reserve
7th best CB, 17th best reserve
11th best S, 2nd best reserve

Coming off a Super Bowl appearance and loss, where do I think we are at this time? We dropped in some areas in talent (OT, for example) and raised it in others (no one could do worse than Koa Misi last year at MLB). I think our defense will fall a bit and games will be closer, we’ll end up 11-5 or 12-4, and win the AFC North or be a wild card again, but I doubt we’ll get lucky enough for a #1 spot again.

Meanwhile, our offense is still fully developed everywhere, although I’d like more at TE and OT for later on.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:38 PM   #93
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Any other thoughts I have on the 2017 draft, now that we are post-preseason?

I have made some really bad choices. Except for my 1st and 2nd I haven’t, gotten any major quality at all. I have been more effective with my undrafted free agents (CB Bowbliss, C Nicky Fitzgerald, DE Rivera, DE Butler, K Bernard., etc).

Unless MLB Robinson ends up being a grower, this will have also have been a bad draft too. And I can’t just waffle on my late 1sts simply because they are a late first. I have to hit on them too.

For example, we traded from 1.13 to 1.22, and still took DE Velazquez last year, and then traded back into the 1st at the 1.29 spot for a serviceable tackle. This year, in the 1.29 spot, the Packers took the 2nd best WR in the draft. 45/69, and on the Green Page. At 1.15, the Pats got the best, a 56/73 guy – in the middle of the draft’s first round. Two rookie Cbs have bounced above ours now, 3round pick 3 to the Vikings CB Giovanni McNeil (31/69) and 1st round pick 27 LCB Jeremy Moser, 54/57.

We can get lots of great players later on. DE Manuel Benson is 37/52 from the end of the 2nd round to the Browns (2.26). Even after 5 Rbs were taken in the 1st round, the Lions grabbed a 46/60 guy in the 2.9 spot. 35/65 OG Trey Brandon (2.20 to the Chiefs), and so forth. We’ve seen lots of talent late first. I need to do a better job drafting in the 1.31 spot.

Good example, let’s look at the 3rd round, where I took OT Ezekiel Kamin at the 3.31 spot. Any other players of any value that were taken in the back half of the round that are clearly better than Kamin, who’s so not good that he’s inactivated? RCB Mahony (30/54), FS Grier (36/48), FB Foley (36/63), LG Simmons (35/68), RG Baker (23/48), RG Gannon (28/49) – all are better than my 25/42 OT.

Only one player, QB CJ Ellison, has a potential of higher than 80 (its 86), the three Qbs have potentials of 86, 75, and 75.

There was an MLB, Lane Morris, taken 2.18 by the Giants that is 37/59, and looks pretty good. That’s the worst thing about drafting MLB Robinson. Knowing better was on the board.

Old 02-11-2015, 10:02 PM   #94
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Contracts that end in 2017 that entice me to extend them?

Major Contracts:

WR Justin Blackmon
DT Evander Hood
K Tyler Bernard
DE Rob Ninkovich
RB Toby Gerhart
TE Owen Daniels
TE Jermaine Gresham
FS Tavon Wilson
CB Ellis Lankster
CB Johnathan Joseph
C Nicky Fitzgerald
LS Grayson Johnstone
RG Brandon Linder
SLB Telvin Smith

That’s not any of our major guys, but it’s a lot of our depth and such.

I extend Brandon Linder by a year, at almost min sal levels.

I’d like to extend Nicky Fitzgerald, but I’d have to make a big commitment to it (to around 4-5 mill a year) for a 46/46 Center. That’s worth it at all.

Hmmm…

Should I keep Nicky? I got a couple of trade offers for Nicky a while ago. I rejected them, but there is a market here. Maybe I could move Nicky and commit to Pearson, and then sign another C from Free agency. That way I don’t lose the time I invested in Nicky Fitzgerald.

Let’s see if anyone is even interested. And what it would cost.

No one is interested. Ah well.

I’d love to extend FS Tavon Wilson, but I’d have to increase his salary to 3.5 cap hit this year to do it for 3.8 next. Not too bad, but he’s 1.8 this year, and I’d only get one more year out of him.

I extend Blackmon’s deal instead.

2017 - 4.75 mill
2018 – 5.2 mill
2019 – 5.4 mill
2020 – 6.7 mill

And now we have all three receivers locked up, and Bortles as well. Yay offense!

If we don’t spend our remaining cap money on injury replacements, I can resign FS Tavon Wilson later. We have 2.5 mill right now left after extension’s

Old 02-11-2015, 10:18 PM   #95
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s take a quick look at CB Shane Hopkins for you

Basically, the only thing I drafted of any value at all. And he’s not busted, but he’s bent a little. This was a strong 2.31 pick. He has the ability to make picks, he’s fine in coverage, and he just isn;t strong as a hitter or in run d. That’s fine. Again, he’ll begin as our nickelback and dimeback packages, and be our primary replacement in case of injury to my starters. Let’s suppose he winds up as a 52/52 starter down the road. That’s good results from a late second rounder.

Now let’s head back to last year’s draft a moment, for players a year in. Where did we wind up?

Velazquez is the 8th highest potential non-kicker in the draft last year, and the 16th overall best player by current ability. For d-lineman, Cesar is the 3rd best one taken in the draft, behind Wes Winters (72/82 – taken 1.2 overall) and Telvin McPherson (63/83, taken 1.9). If it stands, Kenneth Butler, the UFA would be the 5th best potential as well. Among DTs, Our Grossman has the most potential tied with Omar Marsh (taken 1.6, who is 35/54). Right behind is Tyrell Emmons (40/53, taken 2.1). Those still stand as good, high quality picks.

Notbad at all!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 02-11-2015 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:45 PM   #96
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 – We host the Texans. They have been a good team the two and three year ago, and began hot last year. We can’t just assume that because we swept them last year that we can do the same. We have to take them seriously. But I don’t think the team got that message, because we lose 26-23 at home. Yuck. They won in OT. Murray rushed 25 times for 102 yards and Bortles was 19 of 33 for 209 and 1:2. Lee grabbed the score. We had three picks, one by new signee SS George Iloka was returned 56 yards for a score. New signee and starter Darqueze Dennard got a pick as did backup CB Ellis Lankster. Murray fumbled twice (Bortles once) while undrafted FA DE Kenneth Butler in his first start forced a fumble that Lankster recovered. CB Dennard also got sack (one of three we had on the day). Butler had a sack too. (OLB Houston had the third) Even Manti Te’o looked competent with a pair of passes defensed. (Dennard had a pair as well). OG iupati racked up 3 KRB.

Week 2 – We travel to the Rams, who were a filthy 13-3 last year. That’s okay, because we just stomped them 41-24. Maybe we needed a wake up game against the Texans? Bortles, MVP, with 25 of 26, 357 and 4:1. Gerhart rushes for a score, Lee has 7 for 139 and 1 score, WR Robinson got 2 scores and 72 yards and WR DJ Donaldson nets the final score (and 76 yards). CB Dennard grabbed another pick and 2 more passes defensed. OLB Upshaw and FS Tavon Wilson both force fumbles, and Hood recovered one of them. DE Velazquez racked up 1.5 sacks and 2 QB Knockdowns. DT Hood? Two blocked passes! Sacks by Grossman and Upshaw as well (even Te’o got a half sack). OG Satre allowed his first sack this season (sad) but grabbed 3 KRB.

Injury! LCB Lankster is out for afew weeks with a hyperextended elbow.

Week 3 – We travel to New York to face the Jets. We don’t score a lot, just 17, but we keep them from scoring too, and we win 17-10. No major injuries, either! Game MVP and NFL Defensive Player of the Week is Cesar Velazquez. He had 5 tackles, 2 assists, 3 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, (recovered by Grossman and Hood)and 3 hurries. Great stuff! (again, Te’o got a half sack) Murray was held to just 36 yards on 12 carries, Bortles a pedestrian 2:3 with 337 yards off 32 of 42. Scores by Murrary and Allen Robinson’s 127 yards.

Good job Velazquez!

Week 4 – We host the Bengals, another really good team. All four of our first quarter games are against teams that have been making it to the playoffs a lot. We win 37-22. Bortles, MVP< 27 of 30, 265, 3:0 – hit Robinson twice and WR Van Linn once for scores. Picks like Tavon Wilson, Dennard, and a 99 pick and return by….Manti Te’o. I kd you not. 4 KRB by Sherred and 3 by Iupati.

So at the first quarter mark, we hae a solid 3-1 record. BUT…

The AFC South

Indianapolis – 4-0
Houston – 3-1
Jacksonville – 3-1
Tennessee – 3-1

Uh oh….

Old 02-12-2015, 04:32 PM   #97
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 – We host Cleveland, another team that has been pretty good recently, and was in the Super Bowl two years ago. They are just 1-3 though, and we have a chance to really push them into the loser’s bracket. We score 48 to their 12. Bortles is Game MVP and NFL Offensive Player of the Week with 28 of 36 for 309 and 6:0. It’s just raining TDs in north Florida! Who caught them? TE Owen Daniels, RB Gerhart, Marqise Lee, Marqise Lee, Marqise lee and DJ Donaldson. We picked off Manziel twice by CB Dennard and rookie Shane Hopkins. They were tired and pulled Manziel for someone else - it didn’t help. On just 12 carries, Murray still had 91 yards, and we just shot through the air today. Forced fumbles by RCB Jonathan Joseph (on special teams), FS Brendan Tate (on special teams) and and rookie MLB Melvin Robinson.

We have an injury. WR Allen Robinson is out for three weeks with a hyperextended knee, and Justin Blackmon starts for him.

All of the teams playing in the AFC South won.

Which sets up….

Week 6 – We host the 5-0 Colts. If we can deliver a loss, we pull them off their undeafeated streak. Maybe we ground them. Just them and the 4-0 Broncos are still unbeaten. Bortles is MVP as we win 30-27 in OT. In fact, we kicked a FG and then they responded to try to tie or beat us, and then we got a Luck pick (his 3rd of the day) to SS Cyprien and we win. Other picks by SS Iloka and OLB Justin Houston, who returned it 51 yards for a score. Bortles was 30 of 41, 310, 2:0, and he hit Murray twice for scores. Lee was 11 for 120, and Murray 17 rushes for 113. Sarte 4 KRB, Sherrod 3.

We have a few minor injuries, nothing worth bothering about.

That was close.

Week 7 – We head out to Pittsburgh, to have a rematch of last year’s playoff match, this time up north. Currently the AFC South all have 1 loss teams. Well, you knew that wasn’t going to last. We are defeated 24-31 by the Steelers, and three teams dropped a game this week, and Houston won to go to 5-1. Murray was stymied, Bortles was 30 of 42 for 328 but 2:2. Mad hit Blackmon and TW Daniels for score,s and WR DJ Donaldson rocked 6 catches for an even 100. Pick by rookie CB Hopkins. WR Huntley fumbled the ball, twice, on punt returns. Sherrod had 3 KRB.

Robinson will be back.

Week 8 – We head to Baltimore and get our winning groove back 37-27. Bortles, MVP, 24 of 27, 334, 3:1. TDs to Lee as he had 7, 121 yards, and Robinson had 4 catches, 86 yards and 2 scores. Murray rushes 22 for 84 and a pair of scores. Pick by CB Shane Hopkins. DE Keneth Butler had 1.5 sacks, 1 hurry, 1 knockdown on the day. OG Satre rocked 2 pancakes and 6 KRB and Iupati had 5 KRBs and a pair of pancakes as well.

We are 6-2 at the half.

AFC South:

Jacksonville – 6-2
Houston – 5-2
Indianapolis – 5-3
Tennessee – 4-3

Something unusual has happened. As of today, every, single, player on my team is healthy. That’s just…odd. We play on 150 injury setting. That’s an odd place to be right now!

Hopefully that won’t be a knock-on-wood comment that leads to WR Lee getting MCL surgery or something.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:11 PM   #98
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 9 - Next up we host the Titans. You know how sometimes a really good team just lays an egg, and you aren’t sure why? Or how it happened? Well, that just happened we are shell-shocked ,in our own backyard, 44-17. That’s not a misprint. Damn. Bortles was 18 of 30 for 195 and 2:3. (TE Greshemn and WE Robinson with scores) Murray held, Bortles loses a fumble, WR Huntley does again, but Manti Te’o had a 11 tack, 2 assit, 1 sack, day, and OLB Houston rocked 2 sacks. Even DT Beau Allen and DE Velazquez had sacks, so we had pressure. OG Iupati was 4 KRB.

We come out of this stinker with a pair of lesser injuries.

DE Kenneth Butler – out for three weeks with a hyperextended knee
TE Own Daniels – out for 1 week with a hyperextended elbow

Week 10 – BYE

At the end of the bye, with everyone with nine games, we’ve dropped to 3rd in the division.

Week 11 – We travel to Houston to take on the 6-3 Texans. Will they suffer another half-time collapse? Maybe! We win 24-20. OG Satre rocked 6 KRB and 4 pancakes, but allowed a sack. DE Ninkovich and Velazquez each had 1.5 sacks. CB Shane Hopkins had a pick, returned 76 yards for a score in the 4th quarter at th e 7:36 mark. Lee caught 6 passes for 129 and 2 scores. Bortles was 24 of 31 for 314 and 2:1 (and MVP).

Another minor injury – FL Justin Blackmon is out for a week with a strained tendon as well.

In a battle of the division, Indy beat Tennessee, and we beat Houston, we both move up the ladder.

Week 12 - Now we have, what we hope, is a breather. The 3-7 Cardinals are coming to coming to town, and this is a breather in the midst of a nasty gauntlet of Browns, Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, and our own division coming alive and the Broncos and Seahawks we have later this year. We do, we win 33-7. Bortles, MVP, 22 of 35, and 243 yards for a 3:0 ratio and he hit Robinson twice and Lee one (lee also had 108 yards on the day). Meanwhile Murray was 21 for 98, and K Bernard was 4/4. 2 sacks by DE Velazquez. And MLB Te’o had 4 hurries.

Every one is back from injury. We have a minor one to RCB Jonathan Joseph.

Week 13 – We host the Broncos, who are 11-0. This is a team that beat us last year in the regular season, and then we beat them in the AFC Championship. Now what? We lose 23-27. Murray was 19 for 109 and a score, and Bortles was 241 yards on 19 of 33 and a 1:0 ratio. Lee caught the score. CB Dennard rocked a pick. C Pearson had 4 KRB and OG Satre 3.

We have several injuries.

FS Tate is doubtful (Groin) and WR Huntley doubtful as well (Triceps)

I bench them both,

Questionable? OG Iupati (Knee) and DT Hood (abdomen) – Both will start next week,

RB Gerhart and CB Joseph probable

We are 8-4 finishing up the 3rd quarter of the season, and we have the biggest game of the season next week

Old 02-12-2015, 05:53 PM   #99
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 – We travel to face the 10-2 Seahawks, and a redo of last year’s Super Bowl matchup. Can we get the win on the road? No. We lost 20-17. They shut down Murray and Gerhart completely. Bortles was 21 of 34 for 291 and 2:1. He hit Lee 8 times for 95 yards and a scor,e Robinson 4 time for 117 yards and FB Johnson for a score. Satre had 3 KRB. Not a good day for the team.

We were winning 17-13 after, at 6:61 left a K from Bernard (who had earlier missed a 53 yard attempt, but was good from 37) and then they scored from a pass by Wilson in the 2:09 mark. And they won. We just can’t beat this team, but at least it was closer.

Week 15 – And now we head out to Indianapolis to face the 8-5 Colts. It’s time to get back into the winning side of the world, and we thump the Colts 33-14. DeMarco Murray MV with 25 for 174 and 2 scores, and Gerhart had another, and Bortles tossed a pick and was 24-31 and 264 and not a good passing game. OLB Telvin Smith with a pick, and a fumble recovery tool. K Bernard was 4/4. OG Ipati rocked 6 KRB and 2 pancakes and Satre 5 and 1 and C Pearson 4 KRB and Sherrod 3. Sometimes, you need to run to win.

That victory moved us to 1st place.

TE Gresham is questionable. I move Daniels up. I also resign FS Tavon Wilson.

Week 16 - It’s been a while since the 49ers were a winning franchise and this year’s 3-11 team isn’t going to do them any favors. We are hosting them here in Jacksonville. We’re 9-5 and looking to head to 10-5. They aren’t. Well they were pretty spunky. They made it close, 31-26, but Game MVP DE Cesar Velazquez contained them just enough with his 2 sacks, forced fumble (recovered by DT Beau Allen for a score), and they played good defense (Bortles was 20 of 30, 205, 2:3 – hit Lee and Blackmon) and we had picks by rookie LB Robinson and S Iloka (which was returned 52 yards for a score). We needed both of those defensive scores to win today. But I’ll take it!

We are 10-5 and one game up on Indy, and two up on Houston and Tennessee.

Week 17 - Earlier this season we hosted Tennessee and were spanked by them. They have hung 52 on Houston and 47 on Baltimore. They are not going away unless we put them away. They know that they are out of the playoff races. But I guarantee that they want to win today to go to 9-7 on the season – guaranteed. We get that victory 31-17.

Highlights?

DE Velazquez rocks another pair of sacks, 3 hurries, and 2 knockdowns
Murray is 22 for 119 and a score
Bortles, MVP, has 22 of 29 for 280 and 3:1
Lee is 6 for 64 and a score
WR Robinson is 6 for 81 and a score too
DJ Donaldson had a score
Pick by FS Tavon Wilson – ironic
OG Satre with 5 KRb, 1 pancake
OG Iupati 3 KRB

The final AFC South:

Jacksonville – 11-5
Indianapolis -10-6
Houston – 8-8
Tennessee – 8-8

Pretty good year for everyone.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #100
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2017 NFL Playoffs!

We have the #3 seed.

AFC Seeds:

#1 Denver Broncos 16-0
#2 Buffalo Bills 13-3
#3 Jacksonville Jaguars – 11-5
#4 Cincinnati Bengals – 11-5
#5 Cleveland Browns – 10-6
#6 Indianapolis Colts – 10-6

We played the Browns, Colts, Colts, Bengals, and Broncos this year, so we had 5 games against teams in the AFC playoffs.

We host the Colts on Wild Card Weekend

In NFC News:

Phily at Green Bay
St Louis at Dallas

Results?

Wow

We win 44-41.

MVP?

Murray – 22 for 137 and 3 scores. Bortles was 21 of 30 for 187 and 2:1. Murray caught both scores an 93 yards. It was all Murray. DE Velazquez rocked a pick. Satre had 6 KRB and 3 pancakes to grade the road for Murray, but this was all Murray all day long. He just took this game over and didn’t let go!

Browns are thumped by Bengals 38-6.

Packers beat Eagles 23-7
Rams beat Cowboys 41-28