WLB Albert Eamigh
CB Colton Hanks
CB Walt Benavides I suppose
SS Jermaine Whalen
FS Albert Corbett
FS Roger Popson
LS Kent Ikuma

That’s a lot of folks!

The best players in FA are the typical OG< RB, FB, C, stuff. But nothing good. In fact there are just five non-kicker players at 50/50 or better – RG, FB, RB, C, and C.

I need a starting K, DE,

TE Brett Kovacs was cut, he is back in the FA pool. He was IR after an injury in the preseason with the 49ers.

Let’s do some easy extensions first.

SS Jermaine Whalen by 4 years.
SLB Wilkerson by 2 more
LS Ikuma by 1
OG Satre by 1
OT Starks by 2
C Leggin by 3
QB Will Stanton by 1

WR Poffenroth is welcomed to the land of the full-time salary and give his first non-rookie deal.

I’m not sure about RB Gaston yet. Hanks has been dropping, it’s best to just let him go his own way.

Let’s head to a boring FA

I have to fill my DE post temporarily from FA since I’ll likely be unable to draft one back at 3.29 spot.

We need: QB, OGx2, OTx2, K, DE, DT, LB, CB

Only DE and K are starters. I could use starter upgrade at DT, MLB, WLB, CB, and TE.

There aren’t a lot of DEs out there. So I make a pimp decision. 14 year DE Kenneth Butler is available. I make him a one year offer similar to the one I did last year. Another DE, Nate Brown, a former draftee of mine is also available.

I have the cash to sign a solid rotational OT for 3 years 10 mill style deal. I’m probably letting Brant Matthews go soon, so I make an offer to the best OT in the draft, a 47/47 8th year vet who’ll be a leader I expect him to drop soon, but for now, a solid competitor.

Stage 2 – QB Schaefer signed a cheap 1.6 mill deal with the Patriots.

Stage 3 – RT Herb Chelius signs with us.

Stage 4 – DE Butler agrees to terms. Welcome home buddy!!! DE Nate Brown heads to Tampa

Stage 7 – OT JB Rivers heads to 49rs and RG Kennedy Bauer to Texans.

Stage 8 - DT Frederick heads to San Diego

Stage – 11 CB DeWine was picked up by the Cards.

It’ll be hard to scout the 3rd round and down. I got it. There is a stud K on the board. Blast. MLB 5th o on the board has strong bars and interviews well. Name of Ryan Vance. I want to check him, check and see if he;s a one. If he falls late, like 2nd round, I could see myself making a play if I don’t want to go K.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:05 AM   #352
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2029 NFL Amateur Draft

Detroit gets the night off to a OLB start.

ILB Ryan Vance? He went 1.23 to Cleveland. I wasn’t the only one who saw him. Ah well. The K goes early in 3rd round, like 3.3 to Detroit. Ah well.

Alright, who else is there?

I still need – QB, OGx2, OT, K, LB, CB

I like QB Brandon Millar. RG Robbie Beyer, with a potential affinity, and the better RB Lamar Rasnic. I cannot go affinity this deep, I have to dig out the best - I’ll take Rasnic. It’s a gamble – he has great bars, but no combine numbers at all. I didn’t interview him, so it could be a bust, but I’ll try it. Who know?

QB Millar is off the board in the 4th. MLB or DE? I go MLB. I still want a QB so I snatch Eduardo Pearl next.

The 2029 Jacksonville Jaguar Draft Class

3.29 RG Lamar Rasnic, Georgia Tech
4.30 MLB Eduardo Sweat, Southern Arkansas
5.29 QB Eduardo Pearl, Oregon State
6.30 RG Trent Clark, Purdue
7.29 RB Chance Braddock, St John’s (NY)

Old 05-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #353
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

“Drafting at the end of rounds 3-7 has to be tough, especially when you gave up your 1st and 2nd round picks to the Jets in order to move up and grab a QB last year. So far phenom QB Damien Hoffman has proved worth the price, but the Jaguars know the rice of doing business, and at his press conference yesterday, GM Marquis D’Avoigne discussed the difficulty of scouting and interviewing them and predicting who would be available on the board was quite hard.

During the draft, they made sure that most of the players they took fit an immediate need. They grabbed two OGs to fit holes on the roster, a Middle Line back to push the weakest area of the defense, and a backup QB in Eduardo Pearl. But OG Lamar Rasnic is likely to be the only player on the roster with a decent chance of starting, as OG Satre is bound to retire any year now, and that would give Rasnic an opportunity to shine. Considering the little they had to work with, getting a potential future piece is a strong showing, and I have to give them an A- grade”

Old 05-02-2015, 12:07 PM   #354
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Late FA!

Veteran Holdout from Gaston, whom I was considering extending a deal to anyway. I’m not normally a fan of holdouts, but this dude is making a vet min salary as a 7th rounder, so him I get.

I make offers to three UFas and K Tyler Bernard, the long time Jaguar who is late in his years, and just wants a one-year deal.

Stage 1 – Quiet save for RB Jermaine Woods heading to San Francisco

Stage 2 – DT Cerasani, K Tyler Bernard sign.

Do I make an offer for Kovacs? He’s 30, and wants a 4 year 8 mill deal. That’s do-able. I have the cap space. But so I want to lock him up until he’s 34? Surely he’ll retire before then. Do I want a dwindling guy on my roster? Sure why not. I make him an offer….

Stage 3- Phily offers more and Kovacs signs with them. Hm. OT Cedric Goldhammer is signed by the Rams. We sign CB Kelvin Davey and SS Gary McCarthy, both UFA.

I extend RB Gaston’s deal.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #355
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CAMPCAMPCAMP

We sell 59,100 season tix

Wow, we have a boom in the rookie pool. Hopefully it lasts through the preseason! If so, I may have a surprise starter for my club!

Pre-season fun arrives

I cut a few players, and sign LT Irv Money, a UFA with a run blocking specialty (like, 25/78 special). I cut RB Rob Velthoen.

We finish preseason 3-1, and have a few injuries we’ll discuss in a moment. Actually, let’s just do it now:

WR Joshua Wild – questionable, strained hamstring, unknown heal time

That’s really it. A few probables here and there.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:42 PM   #356
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, I think I may just have broken the draft. I’ll show you. Post-camp, and post-preseason, we have two draftees that are pretty solid guys:

RG Lamar Rasnic – 32/70 –

That’s a solid starter quality guy, who can move in when Satre inevitably leaves us. After all, Marquis Satre is 37 years old and in his 15th year with us. He’ll eventually retire. I get that. Rasnic is my man moving forward. As a late 3rd round selection, Rasnic has grown into a solid prospect. He’s moved to the Green page as well, for the hot rookies. But this is not my major surprise.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-02-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:05 PM   #357
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Take a look:

MLB Eduardo Sweat

Now, I started him in the preseason to give him some experience and to ready him. MLB Broyles is just 43/43. Moving to a 35/59 isn’t a major drop. And this guy could be a strong pickup. If he finishes 54/54 then I’m in. I want to give him time to develop into a real player. I am in.

Any changes in my peoples?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-02-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:48 PM   #358
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

QB Hoffman is now 63/84 -or, in other words, already better as a 2nd year guy that Bortles was at his best. RB Willingham, sadly, had faded to 42/42. That sucks. When I signed him last year, I brought his cap to reasonable numbers going forward anyway. The 2 headed monster may have been one year phenomenon. Ah well..

WR Wild is down to 62/62 in his 11th year for us

He didn’t start for us his first year, and now he has 13355 receiving yards and 96 scores thus far. That gives him a career production of Torry Holt – now Wild has had at least 1200 yards in each of the last 8 seasons. That’s incredibly long. If he gets 1100 this season and then calls it, that’s Marvin Harrison territory. Pretty good company. He has been All Pro 6 times out of 9 years starting.

SS Whalen fell again to 48/48, and that was a quick tumble from where he was. That’s a huge fall from before. In two years he’s tumbled around 16 in ability. The golden era of the Safety for us was short lived.

Old 05-02-2015, 02:24 PM   #359
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 – We host the Texans to open the season. And we lose 31-24. Our offense was stymied – Hoffman was 25 for 46 and 280 with 3:1 and hit Wild, WR Carlton Eckberg and FB Percy Olivares for scores. Gaston was held to little. CB Colton Hanks had the game’s lone pick. Sacks by SLB Wilkerson, DT Maurice Clinton, and first year man MLB Eduardo Sweat. DE Burton logged in 5 hurries and a blocked pass. S Bernardini 3 passes defended. OG Blades had 3 KRB and a pancake too.

WR Wild is done with his lingering preseason injury.

Week 2 – We head to take on some Rams. And we just blast them out of the dome 43-20. RB Willingham rushes for a score, CB Hutchings has 2 picks and Bernardini 1. FF by DT Keith and another by MLB Sweat. Sacks?? DT Keith and backup DT Rick Greer had 1 each. Wild had 8 grabs for 126 yards and WR Poffenroth 6 for 64 and 2 scores. K Tyler Bernard was 5 for 5 in FG. And Hoffman was the Game MVP with a 28 of 39 day, with 313 and 2:0.

Week 3 – We head to New England and just lose, 34-33. MVP is still Hoffman with 29 of 41 for 389 and 3:0. Wild was 9 for 174 and 1 score, Poffenroth 7 for 102 and 1. RB Willingham caught a score too. K Bernard was 4 for 4. Sacks by SS Whalen and SLB Casey Joyner.

Post game, DE Burton is questionable for a week with some rib stuff. We have to keep him in for the next game…

Week 4 – We host the Cincinnati Bengals, the team that took us down twice last year. Well this time we win. 24-17. RB Kendrick Gaston is Game MVP with 19 for 175 and 1 score and 4 catches for 49 yards and a score. Hoffman rocked 22 of 24 for 214 and 2:1. Poffenroth had the other day’s TD score. I a about to say something awesome. Sack by DE Kenneth Butler. I am smiling away. 3 KRB by Leggin and Starks.

TE Bernine Chellgren ruptured his elbow tendon and is out for at least a year, maybe not until longer than that. I place him on IR> I sign TE Elliot Allen, a 27/27 fa. Place him on the inactive list for now and activate TE Treftz.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:06 PM   #360
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 – We host the 3-1 Browns and just sandblast them 38-7. Hoffman is Game MVP with 25 of 35 and 3:0 on 315 yards. Poffenroth had 7 grabs for 126 and 1 score, Wild 5 for 75 and another, and WR Menzies the last score of the day. FB Olivares hrushed for a score. And RB Willingham another. 2 sacks by DE Butler, 1 by DT Keith, DE Burton, and backup OLB Jared Gati. 3 KRB by Brant Matthews

Major injury. CB Colton Hanks had to have ankle surgery, and he is out for the year. I place him on IR.

Meanwhile CB Kelvin Davey is out for a month with a strained elbow tendon. I pick up RCB Hayden Shepherd, a 28/28 FA for a vet min salary.

For now, CB Walt Benavides is starting for the rest of the season.

Week 6 - With Andrew Luck retired, the Colts are not doing too well. We send them to 3-3 with a win here 26-13. NFL Defensive Player of the Week is DE Gregory Burton who had 2.5 sacks on the day. 1 sack by WLB Eamigh. 5 KRB by Leggin, 4 each by Starks and Satre, and 3 by Blades. Pick by Bernardini. 111 yards by Poffenroth,89 and a score by Wild, 1 score by WR Eckbert, Gaston was 21 for 107, Willingham 15 for 76, and Hoffman 24 of 38 for 299 and 2:0.

And in the best news ever, we don’t have a third consecutive game with a season-ending injury. In Hanks’ case, that could be career ending. He’s 33 and in his 10 year. That could be the end of him.

Week 7 – Next up: we fly to Steel City to take out the 5-1 Steelers. I hope.

Do you remember last year’s game in week 16 against the 12 win Packers? We just swept them off the board 53-6? That’s what our team is capable of, even against the best teams in the league, when we click. I bring this up because I want to put today’s away game into the proper perspective.

Because it didn’t happen.

We lose, 17-27. Hoffman was 30 of 51 for 390 and 1:2. Wild caught 8 for 110, and Willingham rushed and caught a score. 1 sack on the day by OLB Joyner. No picks, no FF, very little pass rush, and not super great blocking or running. We were one dimensional, and they shut it down.

Not exactly our best effort.

And next we travel to Baltimore. Yes, that Baltimore. 6-1 Baltimore.

Week 8 – And we lose. Barley, 24-25. Baltimore heads to 7-1. But it’s a loss. It counts. Gaston was 20 carries but stymied hard by the Baltimore defense and kept him to 39 yards, but score. Hoffman? 23 of 34 for 259 and 2:2. Wild? 10 for 113 and 2 scores (Poffenroth was 6 for 98). N opicks. One FF and recover by OLB Joyner. 2 sacks by DT Keith, and Burton, 1 by DE Kenneth Butler. 3 KRB by Blades.

Satre is questionable with a viral infection. A zombie infection wouldn’t keep him out of the next week’s math against Tennessee.

We finish the first half of the season 4-4. We have losses to obvious people – Baltimore and Pittsburgh on the road, for example. 5-2 Houston; 4-2-1 New England. Every team with a winning record. And we beat Cincinnati incredibly enough, so we have a quality win there.

But we need to change things up. I make a few changes to our game plans. I want to push running a bit more.

Old 05-02-2015, 03:42 PM   #361
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 9 – We blank the Titans 27-0. Gaston was 21 for 160 and Willingham 16 got 89. So Hoffman was able to blink things around 14 of 20 for 133 but 3:0. Poffenroth, TE Beyer, and WR Eckberg with TD catches. DE Burton with a FF that was recovered by Kenneth Butler. Burtomn, WLB Eamigh and Whalen had a sack each, 6 KRB by Blades, 4 by Matthews, and 3 each for Satre, Starks and FB Olivares.

Satre is healed up.

Week 10 – BYE

Week 11 - Next up we head out to face the Texans. We defeat them 37-27 to create a logjam of three teams in the AFC South at 6-4, everyone but the Colts. Hoffan, MVP, with 27 of 29 for 3:1 and 388 yards. Wild? 135 yards. Menzies? 136 and a score. FB Olivares? A score. TE Treftz? Yeah, he gets a TD catch too! Picks by – MLB Sweat, returned 54 yards for a score – SS Whalen, SLB Wilkerson, CB Hutchings. Sacks by DT Keith and CB Walt Benavides. 3 KRB by OT Matthews

We have another injury. Sigh. DT Rick Greer, out with ankle surgery for 29 weeks, which is longer than the Super Bowl by a lot of weeks. I toss him on IR. I sign DT Terrence Burgraff, 32/32, to us. I activate undrafted Cerasani and place Burgraff on the bench for now.

Week 12 – We host the 6-4 Cardinals. We smash them. 44-19. Big win for the fans. Hoffman, MVP, rocked 22 of 28 for 319 and 2:0 and Poffenroth caught 6 and 80 and a score, Wild 5 for 105, and TE Treftz the other. Pick by Allen Hutchings returned 27 for a score. FF by DE Chris Goeken and S Roger Popson – both backups. (Popson is our nickelback right now). Recovered by DT Maurice Clinton and CB Benavides. RB Gaston and Willingham both rushed for scores. Sack by Goeken.

Old 05-02-2015, 05:02 PM   #362
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 13 – We host and just eviscerate the Raiders 45-20. NFL Offensive Player of the Week is QB Damien Hoffman with 22 for 29, 380 and 5:0. Wild had 2 TDs on 92 yards, TE Beyer, Menzies and Poffenroth each pulled in a score – RB Gaston rushes for another. MLB Sweat has a sack and strip. DT Keith 2 sacks. 3 KRB by Blades and Leggin.

Post-game, C Leggin strained his neck but is probable over a few weeks.

Week 14 – We head to Seattle, to face the 8-4 Seahawks. We are favored by 4. But no one is surprised when we lose 17-24. Gaston was 198 for 83 and 1 score. Hoffman though…….23 of 40 for 249 and 0:3. Yuck. No picks, but a FF by MLB Sweat is recovered by Bernardini. No sacks., 5 JRB y Starks, 3 by Leggins. Houston won and is 8-5 with us

Week 15 – Next we head an anemic Indy. But they still beat us, 33028. Damn Colts! Gaston had 105 rushing yards, Willingham a score Hoffman ws 22 of 39 for 293 and 3:2. Wild? 95 yards 2 scores. FB Olivares the other. 1 sak by MLB Sweat and DE Burton. No picks, no forced fumbles 4 KRB by Starks and Leggin.

The Texans won and are a game up over us at 9-5, we are 8-6 with two games left.

Week 16 – We host the 6-8 49ers. The least we can do after they fly all this way is to show them a really nasty team popping on all cylinders, right? We win 34-8.Hoffman, MVP< has 29 of 39 for 359 and 3:0. Poffenroth is 9 grabs, 119 yards, and 1 score and Wild 8 for 76 and 2 more. Sacks by Whalen and DT Clinton. 5 KRB by Starks. Gaston rushed 14 for 82 and a score and Willingham 16 for 72.

The Texans lost and that brings us even. Next week if for all of the marbles. We are both 9-6. We had to Tennessee and the Houston folks host the Colts. We have to win. If we lose, even if the Steelers lose and are 9-7 as well, they have the head-to-head tiebreak. Both of us are 9-6 right now, and we are not in. Right now the Texans are in front with the tiebreaker in the AFC South, but I don’t know who’s in or out based on tiebreakers if we both win or both lose.

Week 17 – Which is why it’s disappointing that we lose to the Titans 22-17. But, the Texans lose too. The Colts put on a strong final quarter and went 4-0 over it. We are out:

2029 AFC South:

Houston – 9-7
Jacksonville – 9-7
Indianapolis – 9-7
Tennessee – 7-9

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-02-2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:10 PM   #363
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 2029 NFL Playoffs

AFC

12-4 Baltimore
12-4 Oakland
10-6 Buffalo
9-7 Houston
11-5 Cleveland
10-6 Pittsburgh

Houston over Cleveland 37-31
Pittsburgh over Buffalo – 38-31

NFC: Rams survive Green Bay 34-20; Tampa doesn’t in Seattle 24-23

Divisional Playoffs

Houston wins in Oakland 14-10
Pittsburgh in Baltimore 31-28
Seattle loses in New York 12-14
St Louis wins in New Orleans 48-20

3 road teams survive

Conference Champ:

Pittsburgh heads to Houston and takes them down 27-26

St Lous can’t handle New York 30-33

2029 NFL Super Bowl!

#6 wild card 10-6 AFC Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Vs

The #2 Seed 11-5 NFC Champion New York Giants

The bets are EVEN, the game is a push. Who wins is anyone’s guess.

New York 37, Pittsburgh 31

Old 05-02-2015, 05:27 PM   #364
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Season Awards:

All League First Team

WR Joshua Wild

All League Second Team

QB Damien Hoffman
DT Calvin Keith

Whoa Keith! That’s a bit of a shock actually!

Here, I’ll show you:

He’s 47/47, and not exactly scintillating. I didn’t even extend his deal through next year. Which may get pricey now (if I had, he would have been a guaranteed holdout). Good job Keith!

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-02-2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:51 PM   #365
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stats Baby!

QB Damien Hoffman – 384 of 578, 4883 yards, 66.4%, 101.4 rating, 38:14, 26 sacks, 5 fumbles

Well, the good news for the rest of the league is that his great completion rate from last year was not duplicated this year. And they sacked him 26 times vs 13 last year. Still a pretty low number. This year there were 7 QBs who were sacked more than Hoffman was sacked in two years. He led the league in passing yards (by 53, not a bug number, a bunch of Qbs were in the 4500-4700 range). He led in pass Tds, but again, just by one. QB Dominique Oxford, of the Steelers, was league MVP.

Rushing:

RB Kendrick Gaston, 235 for 1218, 5.18 ypc, 7 rush scores; 50 for 500 yards, 1 TD
RB Shaquille Willingham, 156 for 658 and 5; 37 for 291 and 3

Not a two headed monster anymore – probably due in part to Willingham’s fading a bit. We’re committing to Gaston moving forward. Gaston was 4th most in the league in rushing yards. Cut Willingham’s rush total in half and give that to Gaston and we have a huge year for the guy. He has a great ypc, feed the guy the ball.

Receiving:

WR Joshua Wild, 106 for 1550 yards, 12 TD (Please don’t retire…)
WR Maxwell Poffenroth, 81 for 1062 and 9 scores
WR Darnell Menzies 29 for 527 and 3
TE Courtney Beyer, 28 for 408 and 2 scores

Wild was 2nd in the league in receiving yards. The guy #1? The WR I wanted to target 4 years ago – Brendan Cicci, whom I thought would be a perfect partner for Wild. He got 1790 yards for Cleveland. After Cleveland took him early, I focused on getting Poffenroth as a consolation prize.

Special Teams:

K Tyler Bernard, 31 of 34, long of 50, 55 of 55 PAT

No missed PAT, lots of FG made, and a strong season by the longtime-Jag we brought back. He was an undrafted FA in the same class as Allen Robinson, Marqise Lee and Blake Bortles. He played for us for 8 years but just got too expensive. He was All league 3 times, and won two Super Bowls with us. And he might retire, he’s 38, finishing up his 16th season and just wanted a one year deal. And I can’t commit to an gaining 34/34 K (Who faded from the 41/41 he was when we signed him) to bring him back despite good stats.

P Wally Collier – 67 punts, 42.9 avg, 25 in 20

I think the Collier experiment might be over

RB Willingham had 27 special teams tackles, good for 5th most in the NFL

WR Menzies – 39 PR< 1 PR RET TD, 9.5 average, 1 KR TD, 30.6 average on those 29 returns.

Guy is just a returning machine. I can’t tell you why Menzies had 0 TDs on returns for the Steelers for 3 years before we grabbed him from FA, but they should have kept him. Bad Steelers! Menzies is in his 9th year as a pro too. (and not signed beyond this year).

Defense –

DE Gregory Burton, 8.5 sacks, 6 blocked passes, 16 hurries, 5 QBKD
DT Calvin Keith, 8 sacks, 1 block, 11 hurries, 13 QBKD, 2 FF, 1 FumRec
DE Kenneth Butler, 5 sacks, 3 blocks, 9 hurries, 1 QBKD
DT Maurice Clinton, 2 sacks, 1 block, 2 hurr, 1 QBKD

Not a great D Line year save for Keith, who did have a strong 8 sack performance from the DT spot.

MLB Eduardo Sweat – 91 solo tack, 26 assist; 3.5 sacks, 2 block, 2 hurri, 1 pick, 1 INT RET TD, 7 pasdef, 3 FF
WLB Albert Eamigh – 25 and 6 tack; 2 sacks, 1 hurry
SLB Ezra Wilkerson, 78 and 18; 2 sacks, 1 block, 6 hurry, 4 QBKD, 1 pick, 7 pasdef
SLB Casey Joyner, 27 and 7 tack; 2 sacks, 2 pasdef, 2 FumRec

Sweat has had a strong rookie campaign, and Wilkerson continues to look good.

Maybe I could move to 3-4 and pull my underperforming DT and emphasize, for the first time ever, LB play.

FS Quentin Bernardini, 73 solo, 26 assit; 1 hurry, 2 pick, 12 pasdef
SS Jermaine Whalen, 81 solo, 21 assist, 3 sacks, 1 block, 1 hurry, 4 pasdef
CB Allen Hutchings – 4 picks, 9 pasdef, I INT RET TD
CB Walt Benavides, 6 pasdef

Another underperforming year from my secondary, but at least the hole left by the Hanks injury is part of the reason. We have 10 interceptions on the year, 8 by the secondary. That is not a good year folks. Although Whalen looks like himself again, with lots of tackles, sacks, and such.

Blocking

OT Myron Starks, 34 KRB, 3 pancakes, 7 sacks allowed
C Myron Leggin, 32 KRB, 3 pancakes, 2 sacks allowed
OG David Blades, 32 KRB, 9 pancakes, 6 sacks allowed
OT Brant Matthews, 24 KRB and 7 sacks allowed
OG Marquise Satre, 24 KRB, 1 pancake, 4 sacks allowed
FB Percy Olivares, 6 KRB.

Well, also a down year for our O Line, but three at 30+ KRB is still pretty good. No one (other than maybe Satre) had a down year.

Hey look, stats will be down in places because we were 9-7 this year, not 13-3. You’ll naturally have drop offs. I may not want it, but there it is in plain living color. We missed the playoffs for the first time in a while.

Old 05-02-2015, 07:23 PM   #366
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards

Offensive Player of the Year: QB Damien Hoffman – Get ready, because the ride is about to start. Make sure all hands are inside of the vehicle at all times. Right now, he’s 73/84. The sky is not even a limit. I pray.

Defensive Player of the Year: DT Calvin Keith this was an unexpected surprise. I’m happy to give this award to a 4th round guy who was forced into a starting role, has never been that prepared for, and has a strong arrival with it ever since Welcome to the party Calvin Keith.

Special Teams Player of the Year: K Tyler Bernard – This is a solid season for the old guy, and another great year for the Kicker and the Cat.

Rookie of the Year: MLB Eduardo Sweat – No way anyone would think Sweat was going to be our man, but he was. And, he was in the running for DPotY to be honest. Sacks, pick, passes defended, tackles, he played like an solid and savvy veteran, and he’s not. He’s a 4th round pick we forced into surface as the guy we had, Broyles, just didn’t bring it.

Heart Award: DE Kenneth Butler. It was great to work with you again man! Just great.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:01 PM   #367
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

End of the 2029 Season:

Performance – 52
Value – 100
Profit – 84
Roster – 23

Score – 72

Retirements of Note:

DE Kenneth Butler – The undrafted FA was picked up by the Jaguars and had a strong first season as a rotation D Line with 4.5 sacks. Then he moved into a temporary starting role when injury struck and had another good season. He was moved to the starting role full time and held it for four seasons. During those first six years, Butler collected 40 sacks, and was the starter for two Super Bowl victories with the Jaguars. He was signed by the Bears and started for them for 6 more years, and then was moved to rotation for a 7th. During those times, he collected 38.5 sacks. Then the Jags signed him back for one further year as a one-year patch for the hole that was vacated when DE Cesar Velazquez retired. He finished with 83.5 sacks, 28 blocked passes, 148 hurries, and 30 QB Knockdowns.

K Tyler Bernard – After arriving with the Jaguars in undrafted free agency, Bernard went on to have a strong campaign with the Jags, culminated in 2 Super Bowl victories. He was let go and From Falcons to Bucs, to Colts and to Steelers until he came back home for a one year deal. At the age of 38, with 16 seasons under his belt and 423 KGM of 482 KGO – an 87.8 career %, Bernard decides to call it quits.

OG Marquis Satre – The very first draft pick of General Manager Marquise D’Avignon’s career, Satre came to dominate the Jaguars and their foes and defined that era much like OT Tony Boselli did for the Jaguars in the first years of their life. Regularly thought of as the best offensive lineman, at least in his early career, Satre’s forceful presence was felt in many places. He was an All Pro 7 times, as recently as 2027. He won three years in his career with the Jaguars. He finishes the 15 year season with 575 KRB, 143 pancake blocks, just 49 sacks allowed, and will be in the discussion to be in the Hall of Fame.

Other Retirements of Note:

QB Corwin Hastings, Denver’s stud QB has called it quits
QB Angel Jamison, Chicago’s strong guy does as well.
QB Teddy Bridgewater – Legend of the Game
QB Omar Etzinger, Tennessee’s strong QB, a former All League has retired
RB Henry Tiessen – One of my former signees. From Wayne State in Detroit Baby!
FL Shane Terry, - 13th year vet with 16750 yards, multiple All Pro seasons, for Miami.
FL Glen Howard, 13th year vet for the Pats, with 18195 yards, 4 All Pro, never had a season under 1200 yards.
OT Cedric Goldhammer – Goodbye buddy
DE Elliot Seeley, 5 time all pro, for the Titans and later other teams, 2 Rings, 129 sacks,
DT Harry Humphries, 4 time all pro, From WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY BABY, with DET all 12 years, 73.5 sacks,
DT Darien Gibson, strong DT with Tennessee his whole career, All pro, 1 ring, 62 sacks
MLB Perry Farley, first Def Rookie of the Year, 2 all pro,
MLB Lance Morris – The guy we traded for and started 4 years in the middle for us. Got a ring with us. 2 time All Pro.
SLB Mel Blackburn, 2026 Def Player of the Year, Def Rookie of the year, All Pro 6 times

We suspect Satre, Blackburn, Howard are locks for Hall of Fame. Would not be too surprised to see Terry, Humphries, or Seeley as well.

This year’s Hall of Fame includes:

Margus Hunt, Ezekiel Ansah, Bobby Wagner, Sheldon Richardson, Kenny Vaccaro, DJ Fluker, Tyrann Mathieu, Jadeveon Clowney….and….

WR Marqise Lee. The first player in the history of the Jaguars to make it to the Hall of Fame. He had 89% of the vote. In the last 20 years, just six WR players made it in – Lee, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones and Victor Cruz. Of this list, only Calvin Johnson and AJ Green had a higher voter % than Lee.

Players on my team I think could be – Wild, Bernardini, OT Myron Starks maybe? That’s probably it. Id’ need major pushes by guys like Allen Hutchings or C Leggin or SE Paffenroth. Maybe long term Blades and Hoffman if he lives up to his potential.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:28 AM   #368
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I ask to do another stadium reno, do the parking again and increase seating in various places and another 50 boxes. We offer to split the cost 50/50.

We made 163 mill last year 99.7% attendance, 5th highest value

8th best Stadium; 2nd best Roster; 11th best support, 8th worst economy

We pick 9th in the staff draft….whao. We have a strong HC on the board. Tony McDaniel, a 72 suitability vs our 67. I do like him better after giving him a looksee. 35 years old, D Line focus, DC for the Saints, we like him. Time to get promoted!

Then we get to Strength Coordinator, and find a 77 suitability guy there. I look him over and take him too.

We only have 35 players on our roster currently

RFA:

SLB Jared Gati
DT Renaldo Cerasani
CB Kelvin Davey
TE Elliot Allen
OT Irv Money

UFA:

CB Colton hanks
FL Darnell Menzies
TE Bernie Chellgren
WLB Albert Eamigh
LT Brant Matthews
DT Terrence Burgraff
MLB Jameson Broyles
FS Albert Corbett
CB Hayden Shepherd
DE Chris Goeken
DT Calvin Keith
CB Walt Benavides
FS Roger Popson

In retrospect maybe I should have extended Popson and Keith.

No one to franchise though.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:07 AM   #369
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hello FA

I want to sign RFA Gati but I’ll wait a bit. Try to get him cheaper. None of the other RFAs sell me right now.

Our current rosters needs:

We need these starters: CB, DE, K, DT, WLB, OT. I could use a star at TE, FB, P, DT. I need depth at OG, OT, LB, Sx2, CB, DE,

I have a metric ton of cash – 45 mill under the cap, and 37 for non-rookie folks.

Players in the last year of their current deal:

QB Will Stanton
RB Shaquille Willingham
FL Joshua Wild
C Jason Nichols
RG David Blades
DE Gregory Burton
DT Maurice Clinton
DE Edwin Alston
LS Kent Iluma
SLB Casey Joyner

I extend Stanton Wild and Ikuma by a year each

Okay, I get on the horn. I have a strong OC in Jason Nichols – 50/65, and cheap. Anyone who needs a C interested in him now that I’ve gotten three years from him?

The Redskins, Cardinals, and Colts are all super mega interested.

We trade OC Jason Nichols and our 7.19 to the Redskins for their 4.21

Since Nichols was a 4.32 pick for us, we basically converted a 7th rounder into a better 4th round pick. And we got a good quality player for three years too. Good luck Jason!

We just seem to really get lucky with O Line here in Jville, that’s our place of expertise, finding, developing and churning out O Line talent.

We now need to pickup a C later on.

I checked the FA, and there aren’t a lot of good options, only three or four at 50 or above but we will be in play, and I intend to sign, the top FA.

Our new receiving leader is Poffenroth. I want to extend 4th year WR Bryce Haynes due to his new affinity. We extend him by year.

I sign OG David Blades to a ton of money and a 5 year deal. He’ll be our guy for a long time to come. We already have Satre’s replacement, LG Rasnic on the roster, he’s 31/69.

I also extend DE Burton by three years.

DE Alston is also extended by a year, just to make sure our roster works

Let’s head to FA

Any of my UFA I want to chase? Menzies, DT Keith, Popson, a few others.

I make a 3 year 8.6 mill offer to Popson

CB Hanks wants 2 years and 7.68 mill. I make an offer to sign him and be an emergency CB again and so forth.

Old 05-03-2015, 01:07 PM   #370
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, here’s my target:

6th year vet, CB Cary Greene, 64/64, and he’d be a leader on our team too.

We need to improve our secondary. And there it is with its 84 interceptions rating

DT Keith wants a ton of cash. 5 years and 54 mill cash. Nope. Sorry.

I have the cash to chase a real K and we are kicking more Fgs the last few seasons. Time to commit. I make an offer to 60/60 K Patrick Pintsak

What about OT?

I can move to RT Herb Chelius at 42/42 if I want. He’s 33 though – not sure how long I can rely on him. Brant Matthews is the best OT in FA, and he dropped his price, so I make an offer to bring him back.

Any great D Line folks?

Let’s look at the draft first.

We pick 1.19, 3.17, 4,19 and 4.21,5.18, 6.17. We don’t have a 2nd, as the final price paid for our All Pro QB. Totally worth it, by the by.

I could use DE and DT. Whoa, hello DE Jordan Rogers – 4th DE on the board, no combines, and underrated when we set up that interview. 4 great DE on the board. Could take any of them post-interviews. What about DT? The 2nd is very underrated. 3rd? Underrated with an affinity. Love them both.

What about WLB? Nah. Not ILB either. I interview a LB that had tremendous combine numbers 3 reds and 3 blues. But not super great bars. Josh Gordon. Came back very overrated. Yuck. Combine dork?

I also interview a strong looking TE Rusty Gray I’d be pleased to pick at 1.19, get a real TE for once in my life. I interview some WR and S candidates. Just to see if we had someone falling of serious talent – but nah.

Okay, I hope I can get one of the top 6 or 7 D Line folks, but I’m not sure which it’d be. I don’t want to go hard into D Line in FA. Keep my options open for now. I’d like a nice rotting option at the D Line though, cause right now, my D Linemen are DE Burton, DE Alston, DT Clinton and DT Rick Greer – not really a deep or inspiring list. I make an offer to LDT Thomas Dwyer, a 5th year man from Chicago.

We are chasing 6 real targets, and I’ll hold off for anything more for a while. Want to see what happens to our cap especially after the CB Greene chase finishes up.

Stage 2 - No news

Stage 3 – We sign CB Greene, we were the only team that offered. Welcome to Jacksonville Greene!

One hole down. I have 16 mill in cap space after that. Many of my targets will impact that space negatively. I can cut Willingham though to clear up some cap room later.

Stage 5 – DT Dwyer signs with us – 3 years, 10.5 mill

Stage 6 – LT Matthews is heading back home on a 3 year 11.27 mill deal. That’s something I like about Matthews, he gets his value. He’s a first round bust who didn’t suck bad enough to get taken away. You know, remove the stigma of “1st Round Disappointment” from players like TE Kyle Brady or OG Chris Naeole and you’d have some productive players. CB Hanks and FS Popson resign with us too. Bringing back my peops!

I cut Willingham. I’ll need the cash sooner or later.

If I was sure I am not in the running for a certain rookie TE I’d be considering an offer to 52/52 TE Erik Holsey. But that TE is my backup in case things go south on the D Line.

Stage 7 - CB Graham DeWine of former Jaguars heads to Denver. WLB Albert Eamigh to Detroit. We sign K Pintsak for way too much money – 16 mill, 3 years. He’s 61/61 though and pretty solid. Willingham is immediately given an offer by Denver.

Stage 8 – QB Hardy Schaefer heads to Rams for a 1 year deal. I make an offer to P Kendrick McKissick who is being made offers by the Dolphins and Bucs, the other Florida teams. I up the bonus to get above my cross-state rivals.

Stage 9 – That good 52/52 TE signed with the Saints for an admittedly pricey deal. P McKissick signs with us for 3 yards and 6.21 mill. I cut our guy. DE Chris Goeken signs with the Bills. DT Keith signs with the Bucs.

I don’t have too much cap space left. 4.2 mill for new players. So I need to lay off the signings for a bit. Hit up the draft to assess my holes. Maybe I can’t bring back Menzies or MLB Jared Gati. Sad face.

Stage 10 – Willingham to the Dolphins. DT Dana Korber, one of ours heads to Houston, and CB Walt Benavides to the eagles.

Old 05-03-2015, 02:38 PM   #371
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

DRAFTING TIME IS HERE Again and with first round picks.

The 2030 NFL Amateur Draft

The Cowboys begin the draft by taking the top QB off the board. The rest of the Top Ten is DT,QB, DE, QB, WR< ILB< RB, WR and DT

So ,um wow. Could I get a great DE/DT at 1.19? With just three off the board, that looks possible. Surely all four won’t go in the next 8 picks, right? Right?

OG
WR
TE
DT
DE
RB
DT
OT

And that leaves me at 1.19 with….two of the top DE on the board.

Eric Kirkland – 89 volatility, 2 red combines in strength and agility, blue in broad jump and IQ test, came back as as scouted, 16% developed fits in.

Jordan Rogers – 83 volatility, no combine scores, 26 on IQ test, came back underrated, 31% developed. Fits in

So that’s the gamble. Here’s why I like Rodgers – more developed so I can start him now. Better impression – underrated vs as scouted.

Both are not only the top two DE on the board, but according to the adjusted score, the top two players, either is fine. I want to draft Rodgers, but Kirkland is perfectly fine.

So here’s my question – can I trade back and still do so? I’ve done this before with a player that ai liked but when there were other good folks there, I simply traded back.

I offer the Bills, at 1.23 a chance to trade up. According to the trade draft point system, they have 760 points and we have 875 – a different if 115. So I can get around 100 in value for the trade and it would still be in the Bills favor and they would likely make that move. The Bills have 3.23, that’s worth 155. I could offer the Bills a 40 point (ish) pick to grab their 3rd. Actually, what about a future 3rd instead? I offer them the 1/19 for their future 3rd next year, but no dice.

Instead, I look a future 4th and how about two? Their 4th in 3031 and 3032? Nah, okay instead I just move with the 1.22 Bucs for a 7th in 2031 and a 4th in 2032.

Tampa grabs Kirkland, and then…OLB and ILB.

I draft Rodgers at 1.22

See you folks in the 3rd round!

Positions of need for us: RB, C, OG, OT, TE, DE, DT, LBx2, CB, S

1.22 DE Jordan Rodgers, Arizona
3.17 DT Grayson Clark, UCLA
4.19 CB Monty Glenn, Nevada
4.21 C Billy Patton, Kansas State
5.18 LT Harrison Bridges, Oregon State
6.17 FS Malachi McKnight, Texas Tech

That gives us solid depth. I don’t think I have a solid starter, other than Rodgers in there, but we’ll see I guess.

Old 05-03-2015, 03:15 PM   #372
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Our stadium vote gets a pass, 51.1% pass.

We have 45 on the roster, and 4.4 mill in cap space. I move LB Casey Joyner to WLB.

We head to FA

Needs: RB, WR, TE, OG, DE, LBx2

UFA RB Willie West
UFA SILB Devan Comer
UFA RG Ralph Crawford
UFA DE Dylan Sanders
UFA CB Wade Rose

MLB Ray Gibson
TE Arnie Sitz

Stage 1 – West Signs. Sitz does as well. SILB Comer is outs. CB Wade Rose as well.

Stage 2 – Gibson arrives. I make a decision. I cut OT Chelius. OT Starks is my new leader. This frees up 2.7 mill. I make an offer to SLB Jared Gati. I need a backup who doesn’t suck at the LB spot. I make an offer to LT Darnell Ogden, a UFA< to make up for my lack of an OT on the roster.

Stage 3 – OG Crawford and OT Ogden sign deals with us. We also bring in DE Sanders and SLB Gati. Meanwhile, our former guy DE Cerasani is heading Detroit-ward. And FS Albert Corbett to Atlanta.

After all of that, I now have 53 on my roster. I give it one more once-over. I need to bring in one more WR. Forgot that. I move a million forward with a mini-cap out offer to Maxwell Poffenroth. I use that money to make an offer to Menzies.

Stage 4 – Menzies joins us. We’re all done.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:04 PM   #373
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I sign a few UFA post camp. Bring in a body or two.

Jaguars Records:

2014 – 6-10
2015 – 8-8
2016 - 13-3, Lost in Super Bowl to Seahawks
2017 – 11-5. Lost to Broncos in undefeated 19-0 Season
2018 – 11-5, Lost in playoffs
2019 – 14-2, Won Super Bowl
2020 – 15-1, Won Super Bowl
2021 – 12-4, Lost in playoffs
2022 – 14-2, Lost in Super Bowl to Seahawks
2023 – 15-1, Lost in playoffs
2024 – 12-4, lost in playoffs
2025 – 11-5, lost in playoffs
2026 – 11-5, Won Super Bowl as #6 seed
2027 – 11-5, lost in playoffs, Season Blake was injured
2028 – 13-3, lost in playoffs, first season of QB Damien Hoffman’s tenure
2029 – 9-7, missed playoffs and did not finish with 10 wins for first time since 2015
2030 - ???

To be fair, we had a touch season last year with the AFC North on our schedule when it included 3 playoff bound teams.

Since this dynasty began, here are some season records we hold:

Blake Bortles – Highest QB Rating in a Season, 2021, 127.3
Blake Bortles – Highest completion percentage, 2023, 76%
Blake Bortles – Most Passing Touchdowns, 2021, 55
Shaquille Willingham – Most Rushing TDs, 2025, 19
Marqise Lee – Most Receiving TDs, 2019, 19
Quentin Bernardini – Highest Pass Defense Percentage – 2027, 88.9%

We really haven’t dominated that much. There are no major defensive stats – picks, passes defended, tackles, sacks, hurries, blocked passes, and no key run blocks, or pancakes, or even field goals. Just a handful of awards.

Single Game Records we’ve set since this dynasty began

Blake Bortles, Passing Touchdowns 2014 vs Miami, 6

(This has been equaled 5 more times, 3 of those by Bortles himself)

OG Marquis Satre, Most Key Run Blocks in a Game, 11, 2016 vs Indianapolis

Never been tied.

That’s it, technically. Although, Justin Blackman had a kick return for a score against San Diego in one of the first games in 2014, so he “technically” set that record. No one has broken it since, obviously.

And again, that’s it. With our Star Wars numbers sometimes, you don’t see passing or receiving stuff.

I’ll give you an obvious example:

Most receiving yards in one game. Surely, Lee or Wild would have this, right?

The most is 322 by Cornell Franklin against Cincinnati in 2028. Donny Franklin had 286 against Miami for Cincinnati back in 2025. Then Torrey Smith, Stedman Bailey, Dez Bryant, Julio Jones. The highest we’ve ever gotten was Joshua’s Wilds 245 game against the 49ers in 2025. That game of Wild’s is the…12th highest receiving game since 2014.

Do we have a points scored? Nope. Yards per catch? Nope. Catches? Nope. Wild had a 14 catch day, 5 short of the record.

What about on the passing side? Passing attempts? Nah Eli Manning had an 80 attempt day back ‘n 2016. Completions? 44 Is the record. Now Hoffman had a 40 game his rookie campaign against the Vikes, and Bortles had a 39 completion day against the Patriots in 2015. Passing Yards? The most is 578 by Ryan Fitz in 2018 against us. Next is 544 by Dalton against the Dolphins in 2025. We have never even had a 500 yard passing game – the best from our team is 492 by Bortles once

Yards per pass attempt? Nah. Yards from scrimmage? Nah.

Now, we do have a tie for a record –

Most Passes Defended in a Game – Record 6

Tied by Bernardini in a game against Houston in 2027. It has happened 7 times.

Most Pancake Blocks in One Game – Record 6

Tied by Satre in 2016 against Indy. This record has only been reached twice total. In fact, 5 pancakes just once.

Now, if you care, we have set a minor record, with a guy no longer on our team:

Most Assisted tackles in a game

SS Jonathan Cyprien, 2022 against San Diego, for Oakland

The Most Rushing Scores in a Game – Record 4

RB Shaquille Willingham tied this record for us in 2025 vs the Broncos. This record has been hit 6 times.

Now, what everyone cares about:

Single Game Records in the Playoffs:

Most Rushing TD – 3 – set by DeMarco Murray against the Broncos in 2016. Tied by Murray once more, Shaquille Willingham once, and then once each by Frank Gore and Levi Sims – s ojust 5 times.

Most Pancake Blocks in One Playoff Game:

5, set by Marquis Satre in the game against the Steelers back in 2023. No one else has had more than 3. In fact, only three times has someone gotten 3 and Satre had 2 of those.

Most Points Scored in a Game:

30, by DeMarco Murray against Colts in 2017 – Never equaled

Old 05-03-2015, 04:19 PM   #374
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, we have a dominant preseason, going 4-0 and winning every game by a ton of points.

We also had a boom in preseason from a 6th round pick.

Any major moves?

QB Hoffman is 82/82

WR Wild down to 56/56. RT Starks to 62/62, CB Colton Hanks to 40/40, C Leggin to 64/64, FB Percy Olivares 26/26,

But, MLB Eduardo Sweat is up to 47/61. LG Lamar Rasnic didn’t do badly with 41/69 in our post-Satre era.

We have three major results from the draft:

DT Grayon Clark, 3.17 pick, 30/51. Won’t start over our FA Signee Thomas Dwyer, a 45/45 5th year guy we brought in.
FS Malachi McKnight, 6.17, boomed to 32/55

DE Jordan Rogers –

Here’s our post-Velazquez guy

We had a serious need for help on the D Line this offseason, and Rogers should fill that need nicely. He boomed a bit in camp/preseason. Dude looks like a future force. He’s still 3rd on the Green Page of awesome rookies.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-03-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:25 PM   #375
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I trim some UFA Fat to get us to 53. I also cut CB Ian Heath who dropped.

We’ll be using FS McKnight and SLB Gati as our gunners.

After he busted in preseason, I sign FB Neal Blades from FA. Then I cut FB Olivares.

The 2030 Jacksonville Jaguars

QB Damien Hoffman – Tied with 10th year man, well…here, I’ll show you:

Top QB by ability in the NFL:

You can see that Hoffman has evolved quite quickly into a major NFL force. So there you are. Great stuff from the guy.

I’ll give you my roster via image this time:

You can see my two 80+ players Hoffman and Bernardini, plus potential DE Rogers. You have the blue-esque bust of Whalen, and such on there. We have a decent cap now for pulling in replacements due to injury or whatnot.

Obviously, our success in drafting Hoffman could be really, really bad financially in a year or two.

Anyway, it’s also nice to see new signee CB Cary Greene not be a major bust or anything. New starters include now-WLB Casey Joyner, who doesn’t want to resign with me because he didn’t get a lot of playing time, and DT Dwayer, draftees OG Blades, DE Rodgers,

You can also see some aging talent in our offense – Leggin, Starks and Wild.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-03-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #376
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Roster Strengths –

Tied for best QB
8th best RB
2nd worst FB
6th worst TE
6th best WR
7th best C
12th best OG
11th best OT
11th worst P
9th best K
Tied for best DE
12th worst DT
12th worst MLB
2nd best OLB
4th best CB
THE best S

We had a weaker defense the last year, so I invested money and talent at DE, CB, WLB and we should hopefully see some strong results.

We have the 2nd youngest team in the league.

Alright lads, let’s get back to the playoffs!

Old 05-03-2015, 05:14 PM   #377
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 – We begin with a away game against the Colts. We begin this season with a win, 28-17. Hoffman is 23 of 33 for 228 and 3:0. Poffenroth rocks 8 for 76 and a score, and RB Gaston and backup RB Stehlik catch TD scores too. RB Gaston rushes for a score. Pick by now-backup CB Colton Hanks. 4 KRB by C Leggin, OG Blades, ad 3 by new starter OG Lamar Rasnic. No major injuries either.

Week 2 Next up is the Eagles. We fly out there and declip them 27-3. Hofman had 27 of 33 and 367, 2:2. Wild 102 yards, RB Gaston 6 grabs for 71 and a score, WR Poffenroth the other score RB Gaston rushes for one too. Pick by CB Hutchings. FF by WLB Joyner, recovered by CB Cary Greene. 1.5 sacks by DE Burton, 5 KRB by OT Matthews.

Again, no major injuries. SLB and gunner Jared Gati is the sole major injury with questionable shoulder for a week or two.

Week 3 – Now we host the Broncos in our home opener. We send them home with a loss, 45-20. Hoffman rocked 20 of 26 for 319 and 4:0. Wild 115 yards and a score, Poffenroth 104 and another. Catches by WR Carlton Eckberg and RB Stehlik. Stehlik also rushed for a pair of scores too. Pick by MLB Sweat. Sacks by SLB Wilkerson, DT Grayson Clark, and DE Burton. 5 KRB by C LEggins, and 3 each by Blades, Starks and Matthews.

We have an injury to MLB Ray Gibson, a backup. He has turf toe and is doubtful for a while. I bench him.

Week 4 – We host the Jets and blast them 38-3. NFL Offensive Player of the Week is Damien Hoffman with his 24 for 33 and 422, and 4:0. WR Poffenroth had 8 grabs for 173 yards and 2 scores, Wild 83 and a score and FB Neal Blades a final TD. RB Gaston rushes for a score. Sacks by DE Jordan Rogers and backup DE Alston. 3 KRB by OT Matthews.

We finish the 1st quarter 4-0.

The Bengals are also 4-0 in the AFC, and in the NFC we have Minnesota, Chicago, Tampa, and Arizona.

Old 05-03-2015, 05:51 PM   #378
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 5 – We host and just break the Dolphins 41-7. Once again, Hoffman is NFL Offensive Player of the Week with 31 of 40 for 383 and 5:0. One TD Each by Poffenroth, Stehlik, Wild, Gaston and TE Beyer. Picks by Hanks and CB Jonah Dennis. 4 forced fumbles on the day, two recovered. Sack by SLB Gati, DE Rogers, and WLB Joyner. 4 KRB by OG Blades.

RG Trent Clark is doubtful with something. I bench him for 3 weeks until healed.

5 teams still at 5-0.

Week 6 – We struggle hosting the Colts, but emerge victorious 31-24. Hoffman, MVP, rocked 24 of 44 for 311 an 3:1. Wild – 115 and 1 score; Poffenroit 142 and 1 score; RB Stehlik with a score, Gaston rushes for another. Pick by CB Greene, 4 passes def by Bernardini. 3 FF on the day, one on special teams by Gati, and then DT Clinton with one.. 2 sacks by DE Burton. 4 KRB By OG Blades.

We have a major injury. OT Myron Starks is out for 7 weeks with a stress fracture in his leg. OT is the place with the least depth on the o Line for us too. That’s not an injury we can afford. We will be started UFA rookie Anthony O’Neal.

3 6-0 teams left.

Week 7 – We head to Tennessee and…lose 41-34. Well, there went an undefeated season. Tennessee, by the way, is a strong 5-2. Hoffman was 31 of 49 attempts for 450 yards and 3:2 ratio., Wild rocked 9 for 156 and 1 score, and other scores to Poffenroth and WR Menzies. SLB with a FF that was recovered by SLB Gati. Sack less, mostly blockless.

2 undefeated teams left (Chicago, Minnesota) – they play each other next week.

In injury news:

C Myron Leggin, probable
DT Grayson Clark, probable
DE Jordan Rogers, probable

We have a bye next week too

Week 8 – BYE

Minnesota, on the road, wins the battle of the undefeated 24-9.

Week 9 – We host and defeat the Bills 26-7. DE Gregory Burton is NFL Defensive Player of the Week with 3 sacks and a hurry, 2 forced fumbles, and one recovery. SLB Wilkerson with 1.5 sacks, 1 sack by Bernardini and DT Thomas Dwyer as well. 4 KRB by C Leggin, 3 by Blades. Pick by Wilkerson. We forced 5 fumbles, and recovered every single one! Oh, and Hoffman was 20 of 39 fir 292 and 2:1, and hit Poffenroth and RB Gaston for scores. K PIntsak was 4/4 in FG.

C Leggin is down to questionable.

The Vikes went and lost

We are now 7-1.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:00 PM   #379
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 10 – Next up is 3 win New England. They had a great pan for us and we barely overcame it 23-17. 3 KRB by C Leggin, 1.5 sacks by Burton, picks by Bernardini and SLB Wilkerson, 2 FF by SS Whalen, one recovered by Wilkerson. WR Poffenroth is MVP with 7 for 112 and 2 scores. Hoffman was 17 for 31 and just 251 and 2:2 on the day.

Multiple banged up injuries to players lik Wild, and CB Glenn. C Leggin upgraded to probable.

Week 11 – We host the 5-4 Texans and send them to .500 after the 33-9 drubbing we grant them. Rookie DE Jordan Rogers is Defensive Player of the Week with 3.5 sacks and 1 hurry and QB Knockdown on the day. Meanwhile Burton adds 2.5 sacks and Wilkerson one. 4 KRB by Blades. Picks by Whalen and CB Denis. Hoffman as 23 of 36 for 360 and 2:0. Wild had 8 grabs for 162 and 2 scores. Gaston rushed for a score too.

CB Colton Hanks is out with a strained elbow for 6 weeks. I toss him on the bench and activate CB Wade Rose. We’ll be using 6th round rookie FS Malachi McKnight as our new dimeback.

Week 12 – We head to Dallas and drop them 38-10. RB Gaston was injured early and we rode Stehilk to 19 carries, 133 yards, 3 scores, and a MVP nod. Hoffman was just 20 of 29 for 2:1 on 233 yards. TE Beyer and WR Poffenroth caught the scores. 2 sacks by DE Bortn, 1 each by Rogers and DE Alston. 3 KRB by Matthews, OT O’Neal and Leggin.

No major injuries.

Week 13 – We head to Cleveland and smack them around 34-10. DE Burton is NFL Defensive Player of the Week with 3 sacks, 2 hurries, 1 QB Knockdown. 1 sack by WLB Joyner. 4 KRB by OG Rasnic and 3 by OG Blades. Picks by CB Hutchings and CB Monty Glenn. Hoffman was held back to 19 of 29, 160 and 2:0 and Poffenroth those two scores. Gaston rushed 21 for 157 and 2 scores. We simply flipped the script to rushing and defense.

C Myron Leggin exacerbated his injury and is now out for 5 weeks. C Billy Patton starts for him
DT Thomas Dwyer is out for 3 weeks with a hyperextended elbow. Rookie DT Clark will start,

OT Starks is healthy now, and will move back into the starting lineup.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:46 PM   #380
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 – We start off the final quarter of the season hosting, and smashing the 3 win ‘Skins 31-9. Hoffman is again NFL Offensive Player of the Week with 29 of 40 for 337 and 4:0. Wild, Poffenroth, Wild and FB Blades caught scores. Pick by CB Hutchings. 3 sacks by DE Burton, 2 by DE Alston, and 1 by DT Maruice Clinton. 3 KRB by Blades and Rasnic

C Patton is questionable with a broken hand. We have to keep him in though.

Week 15 – We host the Titans and win 24-3. Hoffman was 27 of 36 for 335 and 2:0 and Poffenroth caught 8 for 126 and 2 scores. Picks by FS Malachi McKnight and Bernardini. FF by Wilkerson. Sack by Burton. 3 KRB by Matthews and C Billy Patton.

No major injuries

We are 13-1. We have won the AFC by a bunch. With only 2 games to go, the 10-4 Bengals can’t touch us. No one else in the conference, other than Tennessee, has 9 wins. Unless some 8-6 teams go 2-0 to finish, we may not have a lot of 10+ win teams in the playoffs.

But we have a major game – we are hosting the 11-4 New York Giants. We’ll play to win, we have a bye.

Week 16 – We crush them 41-13. Hoffman had 20 of 32 for 249 and 4:0. Poffenroth, RB Stehlikx2, and WR Menzies with the TD Grabs. Sack by DE Burton, and 3 KRB by Blades and OT Starks. CB Demetrius Stehlik was 27 for 197 and 1 score.

RB Kendrick Gaston is out for 6 weeks with a broken fibula. RB Stehlik will start for him.

DT Dwyer is fine and comes back from injury. He moves back into the starting lineup.

Week 17 – We finish with the 9-6 Texans. They are in the lead right now for Wild Card in the AFC (Titans and Texans are both in if the playoffs were held today). But if we beat them, there are 3 8-7 teams playing today that could cause problems. The Texans are playing for a post-season bid and we’re just playing for fun.

And….we lose, 16-12.

Wild is doubtful for 4 weeks with a pulled groin

Old 05-03-2015, 07:52 PM   #381
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’ll skip the stats:

3030 NFL Playoffs

AFC Standings:

14-2 Jaguars
12-4 Bengals
10-6 Bills
8-8 Raiders
10-6 Texans
9-7 Dolphins

The Titans lost twice down the stretch to not make it in.

The Texans travel to, and defeat, the Raiders 23-17
The Dolphins are undone in Buffalo 14-6

Meanwhile the Eagles and Bears advance.

Week 2 – Divisional Round

We host the Texans. I’m going to keep in Joshua Wild, even at questionable.

We win 24-10. Hutchings is MVP with 1 pick returned 23 for a score. Pick by Bernardini as well. Poffenroth was 10 for 142 and Hoffman an anemic 19 of 29 for 268 and 0:1. 1 sack by DT Dwyer. 3 pasdef by Bernardini. 3 KRB by Blades and Starks

The Bills with 13-0 in Cincinnati
Chicago loses to Arizones 13-16
Philadelphia loses in Minnesota 13-24.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:04 PM   #382
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Conference Champ

We’ll start Wild again vs the Bills. C Leggin is back from injury.

We barely edge them 34-31. Hoffman is MVP with 30 of 44 for 272 and 1:0. He hits Poffenroth for 127 yard and Wild for a score. RB Stehlik rushes for 2 scores. Pick and return by SLB Jared Gati for a score. Sacks by DT Clinton and DE Burton. 4 KRB by Starks, 3 by OT Matthews

WR and KR/PR Menzies is questionable.

Minnesota can’t overcome the Cardinals and lose 13-26

Old 05-03-2015, 08:13 PM   #383
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 3030 NFL Super Bowl

The #1 Seed 14-2 AFC Champion Jacksonville Jaguars

Vs

The #2 Seed 13-3 NFC Champion Arizona Cardinals

Since (this dynasty began) 2014, the Cardinals have never appeared in the Super Bowl. Will today be there day?

The Jags are back to the Bowl after winning it all in 2026.

We’ll keep Wild and Menzies in. RB Gaston is probable. He’ll start as well.

Here we go!

Arizona forces the Jags to go 3 and out to start ht egam,e heads, down, and then sores a TD at the 10:09 mark with a plunge by RB Alfred Hickman.

The Jags and Cards exchange possessions, and then Poffenroth scores a 11 yard pass from Hoffman to level it at 4:12. 7-7

On the ensuing drive, the Cards drive, convert a 8yard pass to score, with 14:25 left in the half, and it’s 14-7.

The Jaguars score two field goals, including one just as the clock drops and its 14-13 at the half.

The Cards pick off Hoffman for a 70 yard pick and score by CB Monty Carlisle and the score is suddenly 21-13. RB Gaston leads a strong drive and they score after minutes evaporate off the clock. A pass for the 2 point conversion fails. 21-19. The Cards scrore with 1:15 left in the 3rd off a pass to TE Doug Nordskov and its 28-19.

As the 4th opens, the Cards get the ball bal and score a FG. 31-19.

Then the teams exchange possessions for a while until Damien leads a late gave drive and hits TE Courtney Beyer for a 13 yard score with 1:38 left. 31-26. Will the onside kick work? Nope. Cards recover and win.

Hoffman was 32 for 53 and 405 yard with 2:1 ratio. Poffenroth had 10 catches, 210 yards, and 1 score, and TE Beyer 8 for `111 yards and a score. No sacks, forced fumbles, or picks. OG Blades had 5 KRB and C Leggin 3.

The Cardinals have won the Super Bowl:

Old 05-03-2015, 08:16 PM   #384
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Season AwardS:

Player of the Year:

QB Damien Hoffman

Offensive Player of the Year:

QB Damien Hoffman

Defensive Player of the Year:

DE Gregory Burton

All Pro 1st Team:

QB Damien Hoffman
OG David Blades
DE Gregory Burton

Not a lot of All Pro nods, but I’ve been saying for a while that eventually DE Burton is going to turn it on, and he did.

And, by the way, the era of the Hoff has begun

Old 05-03-2015, 09:09 PM   #385
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

QB Damien Hoffman – 371 of 557 for 4873, 66.6 %, 44:9 ratio, 113.6 Rating, 11 sacks, 2 knockdowns, 1 fumble

2nd in league in passing yards by 23, The most TD by 9, The fewest picks among 16 game starters by 2, The best QB Rating by 5 points, 11 sacks is half the next best for a 16 game starter who had 22. 2 knockdowns is uncanny. Hoffman really protects the football well and has incredible awareness behind the line.

RB Kendrick Gaston – 15 games, 213 carries, 969 yards, 7 TD, 4.55 ypc; 39 grabs, 435 and 4 scores
RB Demetrius Stehlik, 225 carries, 930 yards, 8 TD< 4.13 ypc; 33 grabs for 302 and 6 scores

Neither of these really pulled away with things. Sorry about that. We had a poor running year, and a poor blocking year that likely led to it. Otherwise we would have easily had a 2 headed double 1000 rushing season again.

WR Joshua Wild, 94 for 1385 and 9 scores
WR Maxwell Poffenroth, 94 for 1384 yards and 18 scores

Wild and Poffenroth were 7th and 8th in receiving yards and Poffenroth 2nd in scores. How many 33 year old 12th year vets are still catching 1385 yards and 9 scores?

WR/KR/PR Darnell Menzies – 46 PR for 1.4 average, lead league among qualifiers who did not have a score. ; 31 KR for 30.1 avg, 3rd in league overall, even including those with scores..

Once again, solid year for Menzies.

K Patrick Pintsak – 31 of 33 KGM, long of 48, 59 of 59 PAT

P Kendrick McKissick -83 kicks fr 42.7 average, 27 in 20.

WLB Jared Gati had 29 special teams tackles and 2 special teams FF. 4th most special teams tackles in the league.

Defense:

DE Gregory Burton, 21.5 sacks, 4 blocked passes, 18 hurries, 15 QB KD, 3 FF; 2 fumrec
DE Jordan Rogers, 8 sacks, 5 block, 15 hurries, 6 QBKD
DE Edwin Alston, 4.5 sacks, 5 hurries, 1 QBKD
DT Thomas Dwyer, 13 starts, 2.5 sacks, 2 block, 3 hurr, 1 QBKD
DT Maurice Clinton, 2.5 sacks, 1 block, 6 hurr, 3 QBKD, 2 FF

Burton led the league in sacks by NINE. Yup, next best we DE Kennedy McBirney with 12.5 sacks. I still need to work on the center of my D Line though. Damien was sacked 11 times. We were +39 on sacks.

MLB Eduardo Sweat, 79 solo, 24 assist; 0.5 sacks, 2 hurr, 2 pick, 8 pasdef
WLB Casey Joyner, 32 solo, 18 assit; 2 sacks, 2 pasdef
SlB Ezra Wilkerson, 84 and 16 tack, 4 sacks, 2 QB KD, 2 pick, 9 pasdef, 4 FF, 3 fumrec

I thought Ezra was mounting a strong All Pro campaign until he faded in the 2nd half of the season. But c’est le vie.

FS Quentin Bernardini, 75 and 16 tack, 1.5 sacks, 4 picks, 11 pasdef
SS Jermaine Whalen, 76 and 26 tack; 2 hurries, 1 INT, 5 pasdef, 3 FF, 2 fumrec
CB Allen Hutchings, 4 picks, 17 pasdef
CB Cary Greene, 2 picks, 18 pasdef; 2 fumrec

The league lead in pasdef this year was 19, so Greene tied with two others for second, and Hutchings was alone at 17 pasdef. (Just one with 16 as well, then logjams begins at 15). Hey look, if you aren’t going to come down with a lot of picks, a ton of passes defended against works too. I cannot be unhappy with the low picks from my defensive brigade since we did so well covering the ball. Plus, with Damien only tossing 9 picks on the season, 20 we had from various places puts us at +11 INT. That’s pretty sexy.

Blocking:

OG David Blades, 39 KRB, 8 pancakes, 4 sacks allowed
OT Brant Matthews, 28 KRB, 3 pancakes, 3 sacks allowed
OG Lamar Rasnic, 26 KRB, 1 sack allowed
OC Myron Leggin, 12 starts, 24 KRB, 1 pancakes, 1 sack allowed
OT Myron Starks, 10 games, 14 KRB, 2 pancakes, 1 sack allowed

Not a strong year. At all.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:16 PM   #386
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: QB Damien Hoffman – This arc is similar to the one Quentin Bernardini did –Rookie of the Year, then All Pro, then Player of the Year. Hoffman has arrived. Now I want more stats, and more stuff, we can’t be content with his production, but he is a savvy guy we can lean on for a really long time to come.

Defensive Player of the Year: DE Gregory Burton. Heya! It’s time you played up to your ability. We now have 2 NFL Defensive POTY on our roster. Welcome to the club buddy!

Special Teams Player of the Year – K Patrick Pintsak – We had a solid season on special teams. Pintsak was 31 of 33, and was very reliable when called upon, with just two misses on the season. Thanks Pintsak!

Rookie of the Year: DE Jordan Rogers, the first rounder about whom we have a ton of hopes pinned certainly didn’t embarrass. He has grown to 66/84 and had a 8 sack season as a green-ish, rookie. The tag-team of Rogers and Burton should provide some serious QB Pressure to come!

Heart Award: SLB Jared Gati – Gati had a great season from a lot of angles. When spelling folks? 5 passes defended. Had 3 FF total, 2 on special teams, and 2 fumble recoveries. 29 special teams tackles. 1 each for sack, blocked pass, hurry and QB Knockdown. In special teams or spelling folks, he really excelled, and pretty quietly too. We had to massage the roster to resign him, but his play was worth it.

The Jaguars this season allowed an average of just 13 points a game. They allowed just 219 points.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:31 PM   #387
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

End of 3030 Season:

Performance – 90
Value – 100
Profit – 78
Roster – 23

Score – 80

Uh oh. No retirements. That’s not good or healthy for my cap stuff.

QB Hoffman turns 4th year pro, so his contract is done at the end of this season and I need serious cap space to bring him back. Normally I like to re-sign my top talent in their final year, but if I can’t I may have to franchise tag and d it next offseason.

Retirements of Note:

QB Rich Dillon, retires as Legend of the Game, former 1.1 pick by the Bucs
TE JR Delaroche, former Jaguar
LG Earl Stamm, 4 time All League nods, 2 rings with the Seahawks – played all of his career with them, 349 KRB, 31 pancakes, 40 sacks allowed
LG Alonzo Thomason, 3 all league nods, played 13 years for 49ers, 458 KRB, 51 pan, 75 sacks allow
K Caiden Wells – All Pro 4 times
DE Trey Sullivan, 4 time all pro, 1 ring with the Saints, 92.5 sacks,
DT Casy Doxzon, 2 rings with Ravens, with them whole career, 69.5 sacks, 2 All Pro

Heading to the Hall of Fame: Khalil Mack, Aaron Donald, Mike Evans, Isaih Tucker, Cornelius Yachera and Ra’Shede Hageman.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:13 PM   #388
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Franchise worth 1.797 bill, 2nd most in league

3rd best Stadium
11th best Roster
14th best support
11th worst economy

I retain our OC and DC

We draft 12th. I make no changes to our staff.

We have 41 players under contract and no cap space – 8.78 mill which needs to be spent on rookies.

I can’t afford to even think of franchising.

Let’s hit FA and then stare at my ugly roster:

We have lost – starting WLB Joyner, DT Clinton, FB Blades

So we need: RB, FB, WR, OG, OT, DE, DT, LBx3, CB

Now, we have RFA at a lot of those spots. I can retain the best and keep our roster up to par.

Players in the Last Year of Their Deal That I Care about:

LS Kent Ikuma
CB Allen Hutchings
CB Colton Hanks
SLB Ezra Wilkerson
RT Myron Starks
WR Maxwell Poffenroth
WR Joshua Wild
QB Damien Hoffman

And backups or weak starters – TE Beyer, QB Stanton, WR Menzies, DE Alston, DT Nick Greer

Now, who do I really want to keep that’ll save some cap space?

I get two trade offers, hold on:

The Raiders are offering me their 6.21 this year for QB Eduardo Pearl. The Titans want DT Grayson Clark.

I try to change up the pick for a future 6th. That I’d do. They aren’t interested. We do it for two future 7ths instead.

I’m not going to be able to free up QB Hoffman’s needed 25 mill in cap space for his deal this year unless I go kamikaze on my roster. Instead, I can keep space free next year by not making any major FA singings or extending a few players past 3031.

Old 05-03-2015, 10:37 PM   #389
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Who are my must-extends?

We extend:

WR Maxwell Poffenroth
SLB Ezra Wilkerson
LS Kent Ikuma (To a vet min salary)

We will let go:

WR Menzies, TE Beyer, CB Hanks, QB Stanton, DE Alston, WR Bryce Haynes, DT Rick Greer, CB Joseph Dennis, TE Arnie Sitz, Sebastian Treftz

That’s a lot of depth. Knowing that, are there any RFA that I might want to keep in order to have solid depth to cover those folks?

I like MLB Ray Gibson – 36/44 undrafted FA for us and he’ll cost 1.35 mill (the min salary) to retain . I do like OT O’Neal, but he wants solid money (3 years, 7.21 mill) to come back. Can’lt do that for the UFA guy. That’s it.

I still need to free up money. Those extensions were usually for the same amount as their current deal extended. I can’t have 40 players plus my draftees on my roster.

We draft 1.31, and we just have our 8 picks this year with an extra 7th.

I want to see if anyone will give me some cap agility contracts on my team. I can extend CB Hutchings for 4 years, drop his cap hit this year by 3.3 mill, and then next three years it’s 9.3, 9.8 and then 10.7. That’s not bad for a 53/53 starter, but he’s in his 8th year and will be 30 by training camp. I don’t know if I want to commit that sort of money to him.

I don’t want to extend RB Gaston, because that could be where I go for cap space next year. Unfortunately SS Whalen doesn’t have an accurate view of his deterioration. I could cut TE Beyer now. Save 2.5 mill. I do need starters at DT (maybe, I do have my rookie from last year) FB, WLB, and that requires me spending cash in FA or getting very lucky in the draft. If I cut Beyer, I save money, but I have to replace him now. I could cut K Pintsak for a few million or SS Whalen to save 6.5 mill.

In order to better see the money stuff, I advance the FA stage.

WLB Joyner is the 4th best non-kicker in FA. There Is a 75/75 5th year CB, a 55/55 OT, a 53/53 FB, and then Joyner and then 51/51 FB.

I am deepest at safety on my roster I have Popson, the ex-rookie MckNight. I could cut Whalen, and then move over….McKnight looks a better SS. Frankly, that’s the samart play, although I hate to lose Whalen, I like to keep folks from womb to tomb. But it’s not to be.

I cut Jermaine Whalen. Sigh.

We talk to his agent, and WLB Casey Joyner would consider coming back to J-ville. I also cut TE Beyer.

I make an offer to:

TE Winston Blades, 3 years, 9.86 mill

He’s 5th year, and has great special teams play and is an adequate 42/42 guy. The Beyer cut saving spays for his first year.

We extend WR Wild by one year

I make a 2 year min-sal offer to K Duane Tate

I cut K Pintsak. This frees up 4 mill.

I extend QB Will Stanton for a year.

I make an offer to FB Robbie Bauer

I make an offer to bring back WLB Joyner. He’s cheaper than a lot of folks that aren’t as good.

We have offers to WLB, TE, K and FB.

Let’s move forward:

Stage 2 – Nothing

Stage 3 – We sign Joyner back. DT Clinton is heading to Washington.

Stage 4 – No news

Stage 5 – No news

Stage 6 – Nothing

Stage 7 – TE Blades is coming to Jacksonville.

Stage 8 – FB Bauer is heading to us too. Any major players missed in the first round of FA? No one major

Stage 9 - We sign K Tate. SS Whalen is heading to Cleveland.

Stage 10 – K Pinstak is heading to St Louis

Old 05-03-2015, 10:59 PM   #390
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Draft Scouting Time:

I need:

QB
RBx2
WR
OG
OT
DE
DT
2xLB
CB
S

Now we are losing 2xTE next year, so I could grab depth there as well. I could use a starter quality guy at SS (maybe) DT (maybe), OT (for Starks’s eventual replacement), WR (for Wild). Because I signed starters in the FA period, I basically have the luxury of BAP if I want. Although, ideally, I end up with that depth in the areas listed above.

I use interviews for LB, S, WR, TE and RB.

I finish up FA and let’s hit that draft thing.

The 3031 NFL Amateur Draft

The Chargers get things started with a DT.

Our 1.31 pick arrives and I take a look to see what’s what.

We have a stud OG on the board – Perry Wells. But with OG Blades and Lamar Rasic on my roster, that might be the one place I don’t have space for a BAP pick. Unless I moved him to OT?

There are some solid OTs on the board too, although nothing like Wells

I like FS Daquan Hartwig and SLB Brad Willing here too.

So….where do I go?

Hartwig? Willing? OT Sergio Keith? Wells?

I pick up OT Keith – he has two red and two blue scores, and a green one in his IQ Test.

Wow. The 2.31 arrives and TE Tony Gasho, the best TE on the board, is still there. After interviewing him he came back underrated. Fills a future need. My best guess is that he’s likely a Brett Kovacs sort of TE in the low 50s.

All of the other players I was eyeing fell by 2.12. I’m comfortable with Gasho. I snag him.

The 3031 Jacksonville Jaguars Draft

1.31 OT Sergio Keith, Louisiana State
2.31 TE Tony Gasto, Duke
3.31 SLB Van Ellwood, Eastern Kentucky
4.31 DT Zachery Stevenson, Iowa
5.31 FS Corwin Lynch, Tennessee
6.31 WR Vincent Cunningham, Duke
7.22 RB Efrain Austin, Indiana
7.31 FB Mark Davidson, Syracuse

Old 05-03-2015, 11:39 PM   #391
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So, coming out of the draft, Keith is 23/65. Looks solid, hope he plays that way. Wells? 33/76. FS Hartwig? 23/60. SLB Willing? 27/49

So Willing was a lucky miss. Whew! But Wells could be a real thing

“I hear ya, but the Jaguars draft isn’t as good as you think it is, I have to disagree with you. Why did they take any offensive line in the 1st? I don’t care how much you might like Keith, your giving them an A- grade just reflects how much you have drunk the kool-aid of GM D’Avignon.

Look, first of all, who is OT Keith pushing? Sure, eventually OT Starks and C Leggin might retire, and this is insurance for Starks. Sure. But Starks is just in his 12th year, and remember he’s younger than a lot of players since he came out of school early, he’ll be 33 by the time training camp opens. Last year was the first time, in his career, that he missed a game due to injury. There is every chance that injury and retirement are going to pass him by.

But if they don’t, why waste a pick here on an O Line? The Jaguars have proven again and again that they can find and develop high quality starters on the O Line. So why make the pick now, when you don’t need it? The GM stated that this was BAP move, but we ll know otherwise. They could have grabbed OG Perry Wells if that was the case. But you aren’t grabbing a guy to start when you have Blades coming off two All Pro seasons the ripe old age of 26 and a 3rd rounder you essential stole from the rest of the league a few years ago.

It doesn’t make sense. You can’t plan for retirement for an OT that young and that studly.

I don’t buy the pick, and I don’t buy your grade.”

To Late FA

I cut TE Sitz

I make offers to 5 Undrafted FA

I really like C Tyrell McGregor, a 3rd year guy, 39/58, from the Saints that looks solid and wants very little. I make him an offer, he’s be a better backup than my current guy.

We lose some players like RB Stehlik and MLB Ray Gibson.

I bring in all 6 of my guys, and then cut C Billy Patton. The guy I signed is more developed, had a lot better potential, is signed for two years at a cheaper price. I then resign MLB Devan Comer to come back to my team for 2 years and QB Joe Peterson for the same.

Old 05-04-2015, 03:42 PM   #392
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Who’s Ready for Training Camp?

I cut my extra FB and head to preseason

We sell 59,300 season tix

Whoa! We have a potential boom rookie. Van Ellwood. We’ll see if he’s like that post-preseason.

Remember when my team couldn’t buy a LB with a vowel. Now we are getting linebackers a go go and having trouble finding DT. It seriously might be time to go 3-4 next year. I’m told if I move this guy to SILB he’d get better. I’ve developed guys like Joyner and Gati on my roster as quality backup folk. I was surprised at how good MLB 4.32 Eduardo Sweat came out, and now he’s a 59/59 starter for me. And now maybe Ellwood is in that vein, we’ll see.

In the preseason we get blown out by the Seahawks, then win two, and finally edged in the final game by the Packers by a FG and finish 2-2.

Damn Ellwood got even better!

Alright, here’s my 1st rounder for ya’ll at a position of not-need. Not yet:

Alright you can see the lad here. 33/71 is not a bad place post-camp/preseason after multiple chances to bust. Now the 94 volatility is always a concern, but I’m fine – nothing major happened (yet at least)

My TE Tony Gasho finishes the campaign at 42/59. That’s also a strong entry from the draft for my roster, and I hope we end up with a guy who is Kovacs+, I’d be happy.

My 4th rounder DT Zachery Stevenson, who was a rookie for me, finishes with a 28/54 rating. That’s not shabby. Undrafted FA RG Hugh Stone is very very green, but finishes with a 16/53. Also pretty solid.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-04-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:46 PM   #393
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, here’s my potential surprise:

SLB Van Ellwood finishes with a 38/69 body? Wow! If I had known I’d get him, and then he’d grow like this, I would not have resigned Joyner, I would have just moved him over and then thanked the football gods!

The Van has arrived!

Umm…it’s bad to have great players though. I am surprised by this draft and UFA class, since it seems like I have multiple high-quality potential starters down the line. I just sort of buzzed through my draft since I was busy with other things, in case you didn’t notice. I spent some time analyzing my 1st pick, not a lot, and then mostly just BAP’d areas of need from there on out.

Post-camp, OT Sergio Keith has risen on the Green Page considerably. He is now the 2nd highest on the board.

Other players I liked? OG Perry Wells is now a 46/75 guy for the Seahawks that they stole at the 2.12 pick. The S I wanted was injured in Green Bay in the preseason and was placed on IR< he’s at 31/56 right now….

I’m pretty happy with the results of that post-season, especially after letting Whalen go.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-04-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #394
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright now:

Changes you won’t like _ WR Wild down to 47/47; OT Starks down to 58/58; CB Hanks to 38/38, CB Hutchings to 48/48; OT Brant Matthews to 41/41, Will Stanton to 19/19; WLB Casey Joyner, 42/42; RB Gaston to 48/48.; DAMN!

I cut TE Treftz

Now that SS McKnight is starting I move him off gunner and move TE Winston Blades on. Because Matthews fell, looks like Keith will be starting for us at LT.

Here’s our starting roster

You can see that we have some drops at places I would hope we would have growth. But having said that, I can’t fault my moves in the offseason to let go of folks like SS Whelan and so forth. Now, what did I do with the two major players we have unsigned:

CB Hutchings
OT Starks

They make no changes to their fiscal demands. I am comfortable letting Hutchings go right now. And Starks could be a solid guy for me.

Roster Strength:

3rd best QB
15th best RB
15th worst FB
15th worst TE
10th best WR
6th best C
5th best OG
14th best OT
9th worst P
7th worst K
THE best DE
8th worst DT
The worst MLB
5th best OLB
5th best CB
THE best S

7th youngest club in the league

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-04-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #395
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 1 – We open hosting Tennessee. It’s nice to open with a dominating win over a division foe, 34-6. Damien Hoffman has no rust, with a NFL Offensive Player of the Week nod when he tosses 39 balls, 28 completions, 312 yards and 2:0 ratio. RB Gaston has 8 grabs for 84 yards and a score, WR Wild 7 for 99 and Poffenroth 7 for 92 and a score. RB Chance Braddock, spelling Gaston, rushes for two scores. Picks by FS Bernardini, SLB Wilkerson, and CB Cary Greene. SLB Gati with a sack. 3 KRB by Blades, who is injured on the day and has knee tendinitis and is questionable.

Week 2 – Are the Buccaneers the closest team to the Jaguars? I was just wondering because we catch them totally flatfooted, maybe they thought they had a home game or something – 34-3. Hoffman has 24 of 30 for 293 and 4:0. W Menzies has 2 scores, WR Wild and backup WR Bryce Haynes one each. Sack by SLB Wilkerson. 3 KRB by rookie OT Sergio Keith

No major injuries

Week 3 – With our first away game of the season in Buffalo, one of the questions on everyone’s mind is if we’ll play the same dominating games we had at home. No, we wont. But we’ll still win 34-24, which is fine by me. DE Jordan Rogers is Defensive Player of the Week for the NFL and got 2 sacks, 2 knockdowns. Must have been a light week for defenses. Pick by CB Greene. 4 KRB by C Leggin, Hoffman was game MVP with 23 of 33 for 276 and 3:0 – he hit Wild for 105 and a score, RB Gaston and WR Poffenroth for scores too.

WR Poffenroth is one of a few players injured on the day, but just probable.

Week 4 - The next team that we host on the Come On Down and Get Your Loss Game Show is the Oakland raiders, who lose 24-12. Poffenroth is Game MVP with 8 for 135 and a score. The Hoff was 20 of 32 for 269 and 2:2. Gaston caught the other score, and RB Braddock rushed for one. Picks by CB Hutchings and WLB Joyner. Sacks by DE Rogers and Burton. 3 KRB by OG Rasnic, OT Keith.

Week 5 – Bye

All of our niggling injuries are over in the Bye week save for one – C Leggin;s probable knee.

After 5 weeks, just the Rams are unbeaten (although the Broncos and 49ers are 3-0-1.)

Old 05-04-2015, 05:22 PM   #396
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 6 – We head out to Indianapolis and come back winners 37-20. Hoff rocks 23 of 31 for 378 and 2:0. He rifles 6 to Wild for 121 yards and a score, 6 to Poffenroth for 115, and one TD to WR Menzies. RBs Gaston and Braddock each rush for a score. Sacks by SS McKnight, DE Rogers, DE Burton. 4 KRB by C Leggin.

Week 7 – We host the Titans and win 30-9. They held Hoffman in check and stopped the aerial game. He was 16 of 30 for 153 and 2:0. (RBs Gaston and Braddock caught scores). Gaston had 21 for 116 and a score on the ground and we had three picks – CB Hanks, Hutchings, and Bernardini. We also forced 4 fumbles on the day. Not all on defense – some special teams. 1.5 sacks by DT Dwyer and DE Rogers, and 1 by DT Stevenson. 3 KRB by OG Rasnic, OG Blades and OT Sergio Keith.

Week 8 – We blow KC off their own field 34-3. Bernardini has a 57 pick returned for a score and a forced fumble recovered by MLB Sweat. CB Hanks a pick too. Sacks by Sweat and DE Rogers. 3 KRB By Rasnic and Leggin. RB Gaston rushes for a score and QB Hoffman joins him, while passing 21 of 33 for 201 and 1:1 and hitting Poffenroth in the air for a score.

During the game OT Starks was injured he hurt his abdomen and is down to doubtful for two weeks. I deactivate him, move Keith to RT and move Matthews back to the starting gig.

Week 9 – We host the Broncos. It’s very close all the way up until kickoff. Then we win 55-26. Gaston was Game MVP with 13 for 103 and 2 scores, and 2 catches for 27 yards and as core. Wild was 92 yards and a score and Menzies a score as well. Hoffman was stymied 18 of 27 for 210 and 3:2. We had 4 picks on the day though – CB Hanks, Hutchings, WLM Sweat and CB Cary Greene. Greene retruned his 67 yards for a score. DT Stevenson forced a fumble that Grayson Clark recovered. 1.5 sacks by Rogers, 1 by DT Stevenson and CB Greene. 7 KRB by OG Rasnic, and 1 pancakes in there as well.

Post game WR Bryce Haynes is out with plantar fasciitis for 27 weeks. I toss him on I.R and sign UFA WR Louie Moore, a 24/36 guy.

Old 05-04-2015, 05:49 PM   #397
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 10 – Our next game is against the winless Chargers and we extend both our streak and theirs, 35-11. Gaston rushed for 2 scores ,Hoffman was 17 of 20 for 302 and 3:1 and then was injured for a pair of series and was pulled for QB Joe Peterson. Poffenroth was 6 of 139 and 2 scores, and Wild the other. Pick by CB Hutchings. Sacks by Rogers, DT Rick Greer, DT Grayson Clark, and DE Burton.

Injuries to a few backups ensure and I massage the depth of my roster

Week 11 – We host and then defeat the Texans 30-20. Gastonw as 20 for 134 and 1 score. WR Wild 11 for 141 yards and a score. New signee WR Louis Moore the other. Hoffman was a solid 30 of 40 for 336 and 2:0. Sacks by DE Rogers and Burton.

Week 12 – The next team on our radar is the Panthers. We beat them in their house 30-10. Hoffman is 24 of 42 for 303 and 3:0, and Poffenroth got 10 for 132 and Wild, TE Gasho and WR Moore scores. Pick by Bernardini, Sacks by DT Grayson Clark, Stevenson, and WLB Joyner.

Week 13 – Despite their 4 win record, and the fact they are in Jacksonville, I take the Bengals coming to town very seriously. We beat them 44-21, which we celebrate very seriously. 3 KRB by Blades, 2 sacks by Rogers, 1 each by Burton, CB Greene, and SLB Wilkerson, 3 forced fumbles, two of which were recovered, Wild had 5 grabs, 100 yards, 2 scores, WR MEnzies a score, and Hoffman was 19 of 26 for 315 and 3:0 while RB Gaston added 2 rushing TD.

Now, our Punter, Kendrick McKissick is out with broken ribs. I place him on IR and sign P Shawn Oakes. I have no desire to deactivate McKissick and carry two punters. We’ll just IR him and move on.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:30 PM   #398
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 14 – We head to Atlanta and come back winners 20-13. Hoffman was 31 of 40 for 407 and 2:2. Wild caught 8 for 159 and a score, and RB Gaston caught 7 for 104. FB Robbie Bauer the other TD Catch. 1.5 sacks by DE Rogers. DT Clark is questionable but we’ll keep him in

At 13-0, we have basically won the AFC. The Jets are 10-3, so we technically haven I guess, they could go 3-0 and us 0-3. But we have won a Bye.

Now the major questions in the league are can any team stop the Jaggernaut? Will we have another 19-0 team after the Broncos did it in 2017? Everyone wants to step up their game.

Week 15 – The first team up is Houston. In this case, familiarity does not breed contempt, just a loss. 31-13. Hoffman was 19 of 25 for 233 and 3:0. Poffenroth caught 7 for 119 and RB Gaston 2 TD catches and Menzies one. CB Cary Greene got a pick and a return 85 yards for a score, and SS Mcknight another pick. 5 forced fumbles on the day, but only one recovered. Sacks by MLB Sweat, DE Rogers, Burton. 4 KRB by Rasnic and 2 pancakes.

Who’s next? We host the 7-7 Saints.

Week 16 – Otherwise known as Our First Bye – 41-6. Hoffman was 27 of 35 for 349 and 3:1, while Poffenroth caught 11 for 151 and 1 score and Wild 10 for 156 and 2. RB Braddock had a score. Pick and return 82 yards for a score by CB Hanks and MLB Sweat another pick. Just one sack on the day by DE Alston.

No major injuries – RB Braddock is questionable, that’s the worst

The last team to try and shack is is a team that knows us well – the Colts.

Week 17 – The Indianapolis Colts fly into North Florida to take on the 15-0 Jaguars. We defeat them 29-16. Gaston was 24 for 122 on the ground, Hoffman 18 of 34 for 245 and 1:0, Poffenroth 7 for 129 and 1 score, pick and return 56 yards for a score by CB Hutchings, but K Duane Tate, with a 5/5 day is the Game MVP. Sack by DT Dwyer, 6 KRB and 2 pancakes by OG Rasnic, and 3 KRB by Starks and a pancake for him too.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #399
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The 3031 NFL Playoffs

The AFC:

16-0 Jaguars
12-4 Jets
12-4 Steelers
9-6-1 Broncos
10-6 Ravens
10-6 Titans

And 10-6 Dolphins are out on tiebreakers.

Tennessee loses at Pittsburgh 35-38
Baltimore loses at Denver 20-26

Chicago and Seattle win against Minnesota and New Orleans. In case you care even a little about the NFC (I don’t!)

Week 2 – Divisional Stuff

We host the Broncos. This is not a team that threatened us when we played earlier. Will they now, here at home, with destiny on the line for us?

We remind the world how awesome we are – 44-7

Hoffmann was 24 of 35 with 300 and 4:0 – Poffenroth 120 and 2 score; RB Gaston and WR Menzies scores – Hoffman rushes for a score too. Picks by Greene and Bernardini. Sacks by MLB Sweat. 3 KRB by C Leggin

RB Chance Braddock broke his leg and I toss him on IR> I then activate Tanner Jennings

I extend CB Hutchings by 3 more years – he’s proven himself.

Pittsburgh unseats the Jets 22-14

Meanwhile in NFC News, St Louis defeat Chicago and the giants smashes the Seahawks.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:52 PM   #400
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 3 – Conference Championship

We host the Steelers. Once again we just blast our opponent around – 38-13. QB Hoffman is mvp with 27 of 32 for 3:0, and hits Poffenroth (173 yards) for a score, RB Gaston and WR Moore for grabs as well, which RB Gaston and new backup RB Efrain Austin rush for scores. Picks by Hanks, OLB Gati and Bernardini. 1.5 sacks by Rogers, 1 sack by SLB Wilkerson, Burton, and 4 KRB BY OT Keith and C Leggin.

The Giants win 27-17 against the Rams

As a reminder, the Giants won the 2029 Super Bowl against the Steelers and now return to try and take us down. This is also a huge karma moment for football, because the Giants stopped the Patriots from an undefeated 19-0 season in the Super Bowl once before, and now are trying to do the same to us.

What will happen? Who will emerge victorious? Who will the nation discuss for years to come? Who is a legacy, a destiny, and imprints themselves into gold?