Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-24-2018, 11:36 AM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EU4 Dynasty - The Rajahnate of Butuan - COMPLETE!!!

The Rajahnate of Butuan

Well, it’s time!

Time for another EU4 dynasty.

So, here is where I left off after my successful Russian (My 20th game in EU) campaign:

EU2-4

Wallachia – First dynasty, lost quickly, Orthodox
Wallachia – Second dynasty, lost quickly, Orthodox
Wallachia – Third dynasty, lost quickly, Orthodox
Trebizond – Fourth Dynasty, won, ended the Grand Campaign as #1 nation in the world, Orthodox
Oldenburg – Fifth Dynasty, won, ended as #2 nation, Catholic/Protestant

This led to my next Dynasty online here at FOFC:

Mataram – Sixth Dynasty, won. Still my favorite EU dynasty of all time, btw. United all Hindu nations from SE Asia. Created a love affair between me and the Indies that still lasts to this day.

Granada – Seventh Dynasty, survived, Still my 3rd favorite dynasty of all time. Used events made for hypothetical resurgent Granada that included a new Crusade against the Muslims on Iberia and an attempt for another Reconquista.

Naxos – Eighth Dynasty, won, formed Italy, Catholic
Songhai – Ninth Dynasty, won, took over Africa for Islam

Bar – Tenth Dynasty, lost very quickly
Bar – Eleventh Dynasty, lost very quickly

Connaught – Twelfth dynasty, won, formed Ireland, Catholic

Utrecht - Thirteenth Dynasty, Catholic, lost after a few hours

Lorraine – Fourteenth dynasty, won, took over HRE title, Catholic, 5th favorite EU dynasty

Oman – Fifteenth dynasty, won, became Muslim Portugal

Kamchatka – Sixteenth dynasty, won, my 2nd favorite dynasty with the fun Pagan nation.

Mysore – Seventeenth dynasty, won, formed Bharat as the Muslim India.

Huyla – Eighteenth dynasty, won, my 4th favorite dynasty, formed Inca Empire

Kongo – Nineteenth dynasty, won, merged Africa into a mostly Catholic state

Pskov – 20th Dynasty, won, took Orthodox Vache Republic and turned it into the Tsardom of Russia and conquered many nations in doing so.

As of right now:

Not counting CK or ones I’ve lost:

Africa – 2, Songhai, Kongo
Asia – 5, Kamchatka, Mataram, Mysore, Oman, Trebizond
N. America – 0
S. America – 1, Huyla
Europe – 6, Naxos, Granada, Oldenburg, Lorraine, Connaught, Pskov

Religions:

Orthodox – 2 (Trebizond, Pskov)
Catholic/Protestant - 5 (Kongo, Naxos, Oldenburg, Lorraine, Connaught)
Muslim - 4 (Granada, Oman, Mysore, Songhai)
Hindu – 1 (Mataram)
Inti – 1 (Huyla)
Animist – 1 (Kamchatka)

Themes:

I feel like I’ve done enough Christian stuff for now. 7 of my 14 successful dynasties were Christian of some sort. They just added Anglican as a distinct branch, but I’ve already done an Irish dynasty, and I’m not really interested in Scotland or anything nearby. I feel the next game does those areas better due to the lack of a giant England next to you that’s already annexed Wales and has a foot hold on the emerald isle.

I’ve also done a ton of European nations as well. 6 of my 14 have been in European, and several of my Asian nations are right next to it, such as Oman and Trebizond. Only Mataram in the Indies, Mysore in India, and Kamchatka feel properly Asian.

I could do another African nation.

Here are my quick thoughts:

1. Take a North African Muslim nation, spread across the sea to Europe and hit them back. Both of my African nations are Sub-Saharan so this would be cool.
2. Take an Eastern African nation, like Nubia, that is Christian and build it into a great nation against the northern Muslim nations.
3. Take a North American tribe for a spin.
4. Head back to Asia for Japan, which is a splintered state, and try to survive
5. Head back to Asia for China and see if I can take the Glass Tiger.

Here were my CK stuff too, in case you care

CK1-2:

Halsingland, First dynasty, won, formed Sweden
Salerno, Second dynasty, won, formed Italy, fought off Mongol Invasion
Sligo, Third dynasty, lost to bigger Irish powers
Glamorgan, fourth dynasty, lost to England
Suenik, fifth dynasty, lost
Suenik, sixth dynasty, lost
Suenik, seventh dynasty, lost
Lubek, eighth dynasty, won
Yegorlyk, ninth dynasty, won
Aragon – Tenth dynasty, won Reconquista

Now, there are a few different dynasties I’ve done.

So it’s time for my 20th dynasty. Going in, you’ll note that I’ve done dynasties in places like Africa, Asia, the Indies, Europe, and the Americas.

Adding in CK wins:

Europe – 5
Asia – 1, Yegorlyk

I have not done some major sort of iconic options:

So what am I thinking?

It’s time to head back to East Asia. Let’s look at the map.

I have a slightly different idea. Let’s not do Japan or China….

How about the Philippines instead?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-07-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here let me show you a few images first, and then we’ll back up and set the stage:

Note a few cool things:

1. You can see the stage is set with an introduction to the broken era of 1444 in the Philippines.
2. You can see my one-province holding to the left of the screen, with an uncomfortable tropical marsh, which won’t be easy to grow up, but the heavy trading riches of gems to make up for it. Note the big 9 development, which we’ll delve into later in the history of the area. Note that it’s not Hindu but Animist, so that is a mistake we’ll need to correct
3. Note in the 2nd image the continuation of the story. I also brought up the adjacent capital of one of our rivals.

We begin with 4000 army and 10 ships.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:50 AM   #3
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here is a zoomed out map to give you some perspective of the area:

Now here is one zoomed in

You can see we are next to two wilder nations, and then next to the rival of Maguindanao.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:51 AM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Here is the new Mission Mechanic for us:

As you can see, several missions are lit up. Unlike before, you can see every single mission available to your nation, and you are doing them all at once. As you complete one, you will get the bonuses, and then more downstream open up.

We also have our own set of national ideas to take as we get Ideas unlocked.

Here they are:

As you can see, our ideas push trade and diplomacy, so I will likely play into that.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:54 AM   #5
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We are in the Chinese Tech Group, and we have a monarchy style government. Our ruler, Raja Columbu Butuan has 3/2/3 skills, and thus is middle of the road, and our tech growth is 6/5/6 monthly as a result. He is 21 with no legal heir.

We are making 0.25 gold monthly, and that is with 100% maintenance on my stuff. I jack our maintenance down to increase our gold-making. That’ll put us at making around 1 gold/month, which is a very good start. I may hire an adviser.

Who is available?

Nothing major. I’ll skip it for now

I name Maguindanao as a rival. North of us is Cebu, a central island, and then north of them is a two province Madyas. I offer an alliance to Masyas, and they are rivals with Cebu and Maguindanao.

Both of the provinces of Maguindanao are filled with Spices, and we have rich gems, so this is a wealthy part of the area. Cebu is gems now, and coal later.

They added coal in the Britannia expansion. Here is how it works:

Moving along to Industrialization now. Our story with this feature starts with our addition of Latent resources to Europa Universalis. Certain historic locations in the world contain an untapped latent deposit of coal. When the conditions of high development and the embracement of Enlightenment are fulfilled, the province will switch to this new super trade good.

• Coal gives:
o +20% cheaper state_maintenance (province modifier)
o +10% Goods Produced (Trading bonus)
• Base price is 10
• New Manufactory (Furnace) (ADM tech 21) Does not boost goods produced by +1, but instead boosts all goods-produced in nation by 5%.
Coal is the late-game answer to Gold mines. Highly valuable with nation-wide benefits to harness, they are truly boons for any nation to seize them. Across the world there are about 50 such mines. They are shown as stripes provinces in the Trade Good mapmode. Here is the current worldwide placement

So Cebu, here in the Philippines has one in case we go that long (I doubt it). Although gems is one of the most valuable resources, so it will always be useful.

Nearby we have Sugar, gems in Sulu, and every established Filipino nation has Spices, Chinaware, Salt , Sugar, Gems, or two grain. So it’s pretty wealthy as an area to start from in terms of production and trade.

In a moment, we are going to talk about Bhutan’s history and who they are, and I’m very disappointed they chose gems, but we’ll be fine….

My goals:

1. Convert our nation to Hindu
2. Form alliances to stay alive
3. Chase expansion via colonization
4. Conquer, or vassalize, all of the Philippines under our rule
5. Use trade to fuel the money we need to rise up
6. Move into nearby areas militarily or diplomatically, like Borneo, Atjeh, Sunda, and more
7. Develop into a big enough regional power that we keep Europe off our back.
8. Turn the Indies into a Hindu paradise
9. Eventually, I want to control all of Indonesia, the Philippines and Malaysia.

And there we are!

I can choose a deity!

Hindu nations have some basic similar rules, but each ruler may choose their personal deity that will give the nation an additional bonus for their reign.

I am choosing Surya, who gives me +10% trade and taxes.

Old 03-24-2018, 12:47 PM   #6
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now let’s talk more of the history of Butuan. Who are we?

Butuan, Pre-Colonial:

It was known for its mining of gold, its gold products and its extensive trade network across the region. The kingdom had trading relationships with the ancient civilizations of Japan, China, India, Indonesia, Persia, Cambodia and areas now comprised in Thailand. It was a major trading port.

Butuan was in contact with the Song dynasty of China by no later than 1001 AD. The Chinese annal Song Shih recorded the first appearance of a Butuan tributary mission (Li Yui-han 李竾罕 and Jiaminan) at the Chinese Imperial Court on March 17, 1001 AD and it described Butuan (P'u-tuan) as a small Hindu country with a Buddhist monarchy in the sea that had a regular connection with the Champa kingdom and intermittent contact with China under the Rajah named Kiling. The rajah sent an envoy under I-hsu-han, with a formal memorial requesting equal status in court protocol with the Champa envoy. The request was denied later by the Imperial court, mainly because of favoritism over Champa. A new ruler with the Indianized name Sri Bata Shaja later succeeded in attaining diplomatic equality with Champa by sending the flamboyant ambassador Likanhsieh who gifted major gifts of cloves, slaves, and gold.

Read more here:

https://thebulwaganfoundation.wordpr...dom-of-butuan/

You’ll see that much of the innate language is gone and lost due to Spanish Colonization of the area, and thus most of our history comes from what was preserved elsewhere. For example, there are stories of them helping diplomatically other states in the area, having a big reputation diplomatically, a big naval presence and such.

Now you can see why I’m sad we have gems and not gold. A one province minor power with gold would get a ton of cash if you played it right.

Ah well, let’s get this thang moving.

Old 03-24-2018, 01:53 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I send my merchants to the Filipino Center of Trade and Malacca. I also have range to Canton, the Moluccas, and Siam.

I send spies to begin to work on a spy network next door in Maguindanao.

I send my fleet to protect trade in the Philippines.

I offer a Royal Marriage (RM) to Tondo, a northern three-province Hindu power.

I move off pause.

14 Nov – We enter into the alliance and the Royal Marriage offer was accepted.

12 Dec - I send a RM offer to Maynila.

Alliances –

Sulu and Brunei and Cebu

Cebu and Tondo

Us and Madyas

Madyas and Kutai next to Brunei on Borneo

Maguindanao and Ternate

Maynila and Tondo

16 Dec – We get a RM offer from Makassar, and I accept. We now have a new queen, Cinta.

14 Jan, 1445 – I send relations improvement to Kutai as a potential alliance partner later

1 Feb – With my upgraded taxes, trade, I am now getting enough for an advisor. I pick up a level one advisor who helps my admin investment. I am getting around 1.01 gold monthly from trade, and that’s a big investment opportunity for me.

I sent my merchant to Canton from Malacca and am steering trade to the lucrative Philippines. I get more money steering trade to my guy there than I do fighting over scraps out there.

Even after hiring my advisor I am making around 0.98 gold/month.

1 May – I convert my leader to a general, assign him to my army, and begin drilling to improve them.

18 Sept – Maguindanao fabricated claims on my territory.

6 oct – I recall my diplomat from Maguindanao and order a fabrication on their capital province. I now have a claim on Lanao

19 Oct – Cebu fabricated a claim on us.

I order my guy into Cebu to work on building up a local spy network there

Nov 12 – Our ruler has unfortunately gained the “Babbling Buffoon” trait.

Nov 25 – We enter into a RM with Kutai

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-25-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:19 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Jan 26, 1446 – We enter into an alliance with Kutai.

1 Feb - I invest ADM power to raise our stability by 1.

16 July – Kashmir annexed by Delhi.

13 Sept – We discovered a diplomat in our nation from Maguindanao building their spy network up and ousted him.

2 Oct – I fabricate a claim in Cebu and we now have their island claimed for the glory of Butuan.

11 Nov - I get an event about a interesting person who visited the court, I invest 50 cash and get 200 free diplomatic investment.

2 Feb, 1447 – I have completed my first mission:

Trustworthy Allies –

I had two allies with at least 150 opinion of me.

Result, for 25 years I get +1 Diplomatic reputation

1 March – Butuan converts! They have seen the glory of Hinduism

With a province fully behind its new faith, the holding is now fully fleshed out, and my monthly cash rises and my rebel tendencies ceased.

I order 1000 troops assembled

12 July – War ends in Malacca

I order another 1000 troops

7 Sept – I finish a mission to build an army, and now have my full force limit of 6000 troops, any more ad the cost spirals considerably.

I get bonus army morale and manpower recovery.

29 Dec – I cancel the army drilling, and increase my army maintenance

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-25-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:42 PM   #9
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 Feb, 1448 – Champa is annexed by Dai Viet

I order 2000 more troops assembled.

My allies are bigger and stronger than Maguindanao’s. Their army is 6k strong, if I can have a bigger army on the ground, I should get some potential victories short term.

16 July –

I declare war on Maguindanao

I call on both of my allies and they agree, and I owe them each war-favors. Both of their allies are in as well.

Let’s run this island red with the blood of our foes!

10 Sept – I take Lanao and move to their capital

11 Oct – I win a big battle in their capital and my leader, gained a Defensive trait bonus

26 Oct – I rout the rest of their army

14 Nov – I crush a Maynila army that arrived to support them and routed it.

3 Jan, 1449 – I offer ally Ternate a white peace after their army was routed by my ally, and they lost a naval battle. They accept and pull out of the war.

19 Feb – With a negative warscore, Maynila also accepts a white peace. That leaves just one nation left.

26 Feb – I win a major naval battle against them.

27 Feb – We have a new heir to the throne, Lehat, a 4/2/3 leader

I have a +46 warscore right now,

I take Lanao and get war reparations.

Lanao – I invest 37 ADM tech to make this a core. Tropical coastline with a development level of 8, the Spice trade is big here, and it has a Filipino Animist group of folks that live here, joining our great nation. It has a current unrest of 14.9%, and after the core finishes and it’s a key part of our nation, I will then send over a missionary. After those two have completed, it should be a bigger part of our national identity and work fully. It currently has 75% autonomy, so we are only getting 0.05 monthly from it right now. It’s directly north of their holding, west of ours, adjacent to some weaker held spaces.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:10 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

4 Mar – I fabricate a claim on their capital and final holding - Maguindanao

15 April – Our stability rises to 2. I kept my administrative power unspent, but I didn’t need as much as I was expecting to invest in making Lanao a part of our patrimony. So I instead updated our stability.

1 May - I disband 1000 of my troops

29 June – With the War rep, I finished a mission to increase our income and we get bonuses to construction cost and time.

6 Oct – I choose to protect our trade in an event that fires and our production drops and trade rises for a few years. Prior to it, I was making 1.31 monthly from trade

1 Mar, 1450 – I get an event that rises my stability after I invest some gold, so I am happy for the free raise at the hardest level (stability can go up to +3, and in takes increasing more ADM power to raise it each time. Now I can focus on tech growth)

After making it my focus, with my adviser here is my tech growth:

Admin – 9/month
Diplomatic – 4/month
Military – 5/month

10 July – Lanao is now a core (the length and cost is dropped for provinces we had a claim on), and I send in the missionary to convert them to the true faith. This should take around 21 months

I turn West Maguindanao into a state of ours. This elevates their administrative structure, and drops their autonomy. We’ll make more cash, and other holdings from that region will also join that state after being cored, but I only have so many states to go around.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:15 PM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

15 Jan, 1451 – I am writing to break Tondo off as an ally of Cebu by bringing them into our alliance

11 Nov – After sending a gift and some other cool stuff, we have announced that we are allied with Tondo.

Here let me show you the cool of this:

Here is a zoomed in version of the map and a hypothetical option to declare war. See how Tondo now wouldn’t join Cebu’s call to arms, but would join ours? We now have a +200 maxed relation with Tondo that Cebu doesn’t share. Now I’m not declaring war or anything,

11 Mar, 1452 –

I invest my DIP tech into moving the needle forward and now i have DIP: 4 – We can build marketplaces, and trade range increases,

I order a Marketplace I our capital with its valuable gems, henceforth. Right now our trade income is 1.75, let’s see what it rises to next.

(It costs 90 with the cost difference)

21 Apr – Lanao converts. I will now be getting around 0.29 in coin from it monthly

15 Dec – We capture another spy from Maguindanao in our territory and oust him

1 jan, 1453 – The Renaissance has begun

I invest in new military tech

MIL TECH 4
– Pike Square – Better tactics and land morale

4 Mar – I get an event called the Admin Ideas of Queen Cinta, and we gain 50 ADM power

With the event I now have enough to invest in my Admin tech

ADMIN TECH 4 –
Temples – I can now build temples

I am not buying a temple

What I am aiming for as quickly as possible is ADMIN Tech 5 which will unlock a set of Ideas and I can get Exploration, and work on colonizing the region.

7 July – I order another 1000 cavalry

I order a giant Large Carrack built as well in Lanao for large naval battles, but it’ll take 2 years to be built. No rush

18 Nov – Our ruler gained the zealot trait and missionary strength improves

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-25-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:30 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb, 1454 – I declare war on Cebu. I moved my army next door to it.

25 Mar – I have won the Battle of Cebu.

5 Apr – Our allies hit the fleet of Sulu, one of Cebu’s allies in the war and drive it back. Another is besieging their capital

1 May – My cavalry ran down their wounded army and routed it.

19 Nov – The Siege of Cebu ends and we have taken their capital

22 Nov – We annex Cebu!

Cebu
– I order 27 power to begin to core this island capital of Cebu, and a coastal center of trade with the gem market as one of it’s key economic aspects. The people here are already Filipino and Hindu, and it has 10 development across mil, adm, and dip researches. It is a coastline tropical layout, with 75% autonomy, and it has two straits to our allies in Madyas’s holding of Buglas and the unsettled island of Leyte. Cebu is the most valuable holding here.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:30 PM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

24 May, 1455 – Our trade is now around 2.00 monthly from the Philippines, by the way

25 Oct – Our large ship is built. Our tech is building back up swiftly. My current ADM is 252 and rising, after just recently investing in ADM tech.

They expect we’ll be able to update around 1459.

21 Feb, 1456 – Our peace treaty with Maguindanao ends

25 March – Cebu is now fully a part of our patrimony

1 Apr – Cebu is now making 0.20 a month for us. I order up a marketplace here.

26 August – A huge outbreak of influenza breaks out in Cebu, I spend ADM power to quarantine it, which will slow my tech growth for a while

21 Nov – I get a traveling minstrel event and our prestige arrives and I get an adviser in y court after I bring him to our court (the other option would be to play everywhere and raise your stability, but I am already maxed)

11 Dec 1457, After a quiet year, I have maxed relations with Ming

4 May, 1458 – I accept an alliance offer from Maynila

2 Oct – Orissa is annexed by Bengal

19 Dec – I cut the autonomy in my province of Lanao by 25% and this will increase separatism there for a while, but increase my funding from it to 0.44 monthly.

Old 03-24-2018, 06:58 PM   #14
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Sept, 1459 – After being delayed a few months by the outbreak of influenza in Cebu, we now have enough tech for our ADM to level up.

ADMIN TECH 5 –

Allows a Group of Ideas
+2% production efficiency

I immediately choose Exploration Idea Chain:

This is in the DIP group, so I haven’t just spent all of my saved power in the tech advancement. I can spend 400 to increase my Exploration Idea by 1 each time, in the given order. My current DIP tech is 372, so pretty soon I’ll get my first investment in exploration.

1 April, 1460 - I now have enough DIP saved up to invest:

Exploration Idea #1 –

Colonial Ventures – We gain a colonist

So let’s talk a bit about what that means. Either as a reminder or for those new to EU Game systems.

I can send my colonist to a place within my colonial range that is unclaimed by a major power, slowly over time, my colonists will grow in size. While my colonist is that site, the growth rate increases, and technically, I can pull it back and send it elsewhere, but you won’t typically seek to do that.

This is expensive. It costs money for each colony I have. If I underfund colonial growth, my growth rate drops heavily.

Right now my colonial range is 160, and range is determined from the nearest port you control and have cored to make it a key part of your identity. Thus, I can reach places like the rest of the Philippines or nearby islands, but not Taiwan or south Borneo.

I am choosing a native policy. Natives have three stats that matter – size, aggression, and ferocity. The first is how many native the area has, the next is how often they will rise up, and the third is how nasty that rise is. You ideally want something like Halmahera, a nearby island with 500 natives with the lowest possible aggressiveness and ferocity. In previous games, you would get a big economic jump out of keeping large numbers of natives healthy, and then bringing them into your colony, but you no longer get the size of the population in the province in real cash anymore. It’s about the development of your province not the population.

Three native policies are available:

Repression - +20 settler growth

Trading - -50% native uprising, native assimilation events possible

Coexistence - -100% uprising

Which one? I am going with something I would not normally do – Repression. Many of the areas around are nasty with huge numbers of angry people, with low chance for eruption, but huge results if they do, so I want to speed through the colonization as quickly as possible. I will also be colonizing tropical stuff specifically, and that can be harder (-10 to colony growth in a tropical colony)

I send colonists next door on Maguindanao island, east, to Caraga, next of my capital, and also the land route with a strait north to Leyte. I don’t want to base the nation of Maguindanao yet, instead

Our colony costs 2 gold monthly, by the by, so my trade is basically paying for my colony.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-25-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:14 PM   #15
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

21 May – I get a Colonial Expansion event, and I choose massive growth. As a result, I get 200 population in Carraga. As a reminder, once you get to 1000 the colony ends, and you now have a full fledged area under your control with your faith and culture.

2 Sept – Native uprising in Carraga,

19 Sept – Put down. I lost around 2500 men though

15 Mar, 1461 – Rebel uprising in Lanao

4 Jun – Put down

15 Nov – I get an event that increases my military investment by 100. I spend part of it to increase my MIL investment in my capital that increases it to 10 overall development – enough for another city improvement, and keep the rest for later investment.

8 Mar, 1462 – I order another Large Carrack, the big ship, built.

2 May – Carraga will be a Coffee producing province. That’s a little sad, I was hoping for gems, but Coffee is pretty good as a solid value trade good.

In each potential colony, it has a question mark for future trade good, and if you hover your curser over the question mark, then you will get a breakdown of the odds for each good in that location. For Carraga, and most of the Filipino area, here is your basic breakdown:

Spices, Tropical Wood, Incense, 17.7% chance each

Naval Supplies 11.1

Coffee, Tea, 10.4 each

Fish 9

Gem 6.2

Grain whatever is left 0.6)

Now of those, the ones with a solid 3.0 gp value for your goods are Spices and Coffee. Other 3.0 base goods in the area include Sugar, Salt, Chinaware, Copper, Iron, as well as things you won’t find here like Cloth, Glass or Tobacco or Cotton.

There is one 3.5 good – Paper. That’s not down here either

The only 4.0 base trade goods in the game are Dyes, Silk, Gems, Cocoa, and Ivory. You won’t find three of those in Indonesia or the area. But Gems are here, and Ivory is a strong possibility in places like southern Borneo.

These goods are 2.5 gold base value – Incense, Grain, Fish, Wine, and Wool.

The rest are the lower value 2.0, the lowest value stuff in the game – Tea, Furs, Slaves, Naval Supplies, Tropical Wood, and Livestock.

There are events that chance the demand of a good more or less to represent actual real world demand. For example, Tea will twice rise – in 1505 the Way of Tea event triggers and in 1590 Tea and Sugar triggers. Tea demand increases by 25% each time. On the other hand, incense will both rise and fall, as things like the demand for incense decreases as Protestants and Reformed don’t use it for their ceremonies and the increase of the perfume trade occur.

Gems are one such problem. Right now, they are strong, with a +20% bonus at 1450 as faceting has been uncovered. But in 1530, New World Diamonds occurs and the market is flooded and the value of gems will cut in half, +50% and never recover.

At each 50 Year Review I go over the current value of each trade good in real money, not in base value. I think it’s interesting.

By the way, any time now I can declare war on Maguindanao, and take them out. I just want to rise a little bit more past the rebellion and colonist stuff first.

Old 03-24-2018, 08:45 PM   #16
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

20 May – I cut my autonomy in Cebu by 25% and increase rebelliousness.

11 June - Our adviser dies! Anyone else I like?

I hire Bata Saja Elok, a level 1 ADM adviser, who brings +10% tax modifier to the party.

2 July – More Indian nations annexed in war.

1 Nov – Another native uprising.

10 Nov - Put down by our professional army

2 Feb, 1463 – Bengal annexes Koch in war

5 May –

MIL TECH 5 – Standardized Pikes

We get new and better soldiers, and increased abilities in combat.

I upgrade my military. Once that happens, I’ll be ready for war

1 June – Bengal annexes Tirhut

1 September – I have my army next to theirs, and then I declare war and march my army over. Joining us are all of our allies. They are aided by Sulu and Ternate.

27 Sept – We defeat their main army in the capital. I break off my cavalry to run them down while leaving behind the rest to siege their capital.

15 Oct – I rout their army

14 Jan, 1464 – Kutai defeats the Sulu navy badly.

1 Mar – Our heir gains the secretive trait that will help intrigue and spy stuff

8 July – We capture the Maguindanao capital. Ternate pulls out of the alliance with a white peace. I move to Sulu.

14 July – I annex Maguindanao and head to peace.

Maguindanao –
The heart of the island is this southwestern formal capital. I invest some ADM tech to get a core here. The Spice trade is pushed here by the Filipino Animist folks that work the hills of this coastal port tropical province. With a 14 development, it gives me 0.35 ducats monthly, and rocks just 40% autonomy and it has a Temple.

Here let’s take a look see at the area and us.

I am showing you the province on the left as well, and you can see my various power, cash, and more here as well as the colonial development currently ongoing at Caraga. I expect to go north next and get Leyte and connect Cebu and Caraga. To my immediate north is my ally Madyas.

Now that I gave built up militarily, I might look for peaceful expansion and vassalization and such.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-25-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:07 PM   #17
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

20 Jan, 1465 – I get an accommodation bonus in Caraga with the natives there and their ferocity drops

2 Feb -I order two troop transports built.

17 July – Tondo, our ally, declared a war of annexation on a neighbor, Pangasinian. I agree to join them, I owe them some war favors.

Madyas, our next door ally declares war on us, as they are allies of Pangasinian.

This is blood drenching.

I order my army over

I move my great fleet into the central bay here, and protect Segu from strait crossing while my army arrives.

1 Dec – Our province takes the core, and I order a Missionary here to Maguindanao

5 Dec – We rout the Madyas army

2 Jan, 1466 – We take a minor province from our foe.

13 Feb – We begin a siege of the Madyas capital

15 Feb – My two more transports are completed

29 Apr – Our allies captured and took out their target up north.

14 June – I get an event that gets me 100 ADm power

ADM TECH 6 – Workshop – Can build Workshops and Farm Estates in provinces

2 Sept – We take the capital

7 Sept – We get one of the lesser provinces from Madyas for our trouble.

Buglas
– Sugar Island with Filipino Hindu people here, and I order up a core. We did not have a claim here, we just got it in war. Just 5 developmental in this tropical coastline holding that makes just 0.10 for us monthly. This island has 50% autonomy, and has straights from Cebu, their capital in Penay, and south to the unclaimed holding in Maguindanao of Zamboanga.

I name Madyas my rival

1 Nov – Natives in Caraga rise and we put them down.

9 Dec – I get a Bad Admin event and choose to lose gold pieces rather than ADM power.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:44 PM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

15 July, 1467 – Maguindanao concerts to Hinduism!!! They have finally joined our brethren here on the island that have also seen the light.

I cut its autonomy and it’s cash influx raises to 0.98 monthly.

1 Dec – Uprising by natives again. I, of course, have my army here and puts it right on down.

2 Jan, 1468 – I take out a fabricated claim on the capital and remaining holding of Madyas

15 Mar – Buglas has been cored. I order a marketplace here. I hand it to the Kshatriyas estate of nobility to run.

23 April – I finish a mission to expand my nation. My capital gets a bunch of development for free as a reward.

1 May – I have enough DIP power to get my next Idea.

Expansion Idea #2 – Quest for the New World

I can recruit Conquistadors to explore land provinces and explorers for sea ones.

22 May – I pipe in Marriageable Women into Caraga and it’s tax base and population increase

Caraga – 4 development from the Coffee farmers here in this tropical coastline port that’s next to us. I order a Missionary here, because it didn’t convert, which is unusual. It’s still Filipino though. I order colonists north to Leyte and my army will follow. I am already getting 0.21 in gold from this monthly.

1 June – I recruit an Explorer and give it my two Early Large Vessels to explore the southern part of the Indies here.

25 June – Native uprising in Leyte.

2 July - Put down

12 Oct – I side with my nobility and gain tax, but my merchants aren’t happy, so I grant a monopoly, and lose 5 prestige, to make nice with them.

1 Jan, 1469 – Our ruler gains Just and this drops unrest over the area

1 May – I now have full maps of the entire Indies. I’ll order my folks into the Indian Ocean next.

I now have Makassar, Buton, Luwu, Tidore nations on my radar, plus I have much of New Guinea on our radar.

9 Aug – We enter into a Royal Marriage with Majaphit

2 Sept – I name Brunei my new rival. This will make our ally on Borneo, Kutai, very happy.

29 Sept – We end the East Indian Ocean exploration

11 Oct – Caraga converts

1 Nov – I order a marketplace in Lanao.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-25-2018 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 11:20 PM   #19
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1570 – Natives rise and will be put down shortly

9 Jan – I order my army to kill all of the natives here locally.

18 Jan – Natives cleaned out

29 Jan – I now have north up to Japan and such explored. Next the Pacific.

1 Dec – I now have a naval forcelmit high enough to set my Naval Doctrine.

This is a new addition to Rule Britannia

My options:

Increased Boarding parties - +33% of capturing ships

Fleet in Being - -15% Naval Maintenance

Merchant Navy – Trade Power Ships increased by 33%

Free Oarsman - +15% combat ability of galleys

I choose the first.

(The British have the option for the Wooden Wall)

17 Dec – I get a choice to get 200 colonists in Samar, north of my current colony in Leyte or 50 in Leyte. I choose 200, and order my troops there to put down the natives there.

12 Jan, 1471 – We take out the natives here, and I order my foes back down to Maguindanao where we still have some rebellious tenancies.

I am losing money a little each month. (about -0.2) so I’ll run out in around 10 years.

3 Feb – Two more explorations finished in the Pacific.

16 June – I expel spies from Madyas

6 Dec – Truce with Sulu ends.

2 Sept, 1472 – Leyte is going to be incense

7 Dec – Madyas declares a claim on Leyte

Oh, my cashflow has improved and now I am making a little cash.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-25-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:31 AM   #20
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

10 Jan, 1473 – Rebellion in Maguindanao

2 Feb – Defeated!

25 May – Another piping marriageable women event in Leyte, so an increase of 200 colonists there.

22 June – I accept a petition today from my merchant guild to take over Cebu as they will increase its tax base by 2.

8 July – Our Queen gives us 5 legitimacy as she does a good job hosting events and such

8 Aug – Our trice with Madyas is up

1 Sept – I kick out more spies from Madyas

2 Dec –

MIL TECH 6 – Arquebus

I can get new forces, and I can make barracks. Upgrades on the way

28 Dec – I order another large ship.

1 April, 1474 – I fabricate a claim on Sulu

1 July – Our Rajah passes!

We have 6 pretender regiments rise up in Caraga

Our new ruler, Lahat 1, is 4/2/3 with secretive skill and is 25.

He also chooses Surya as his personal deity

15 Aug – We put down the pretender rebels. I reup our Royal Marriages with Kutai, Maynila and Tondo.

1 Nov – I declare war on Madyas

This is a solo war, as one of my allies is theirs as well (Kutai) and they have no desire to mess with this war, and other allies aren’t needed, so I don’t bring them in.

My navy is already in the bay blockading them, and my army next door against their 2k defenders. I move in.

29 Nov – I rout their army.

30 July, 1475 - Panay falls to us

9 Aug – I capture 3 ships from the navy that falls into us.

I annex Madyas.

I take Panay and it’s cash. This was not something I was looking for. But they wanted war, so they got it.

Panay
– Grain farmers here work here and I invest around 75 Admin power to core it due to its higher value. 12 development, coastline, tropical, and it has a Temple built here too. Filipino and Hindu people here help to ring us in, and the autonomy is just 40% and we are already making 0.34 monthly. This island is on a straight from us in the south in Buglas, and heads north to the island of Mindoro, under the control of our ally Tondo. It’s a port as well, so our naval limit increases.

I use the blood money to send gifts to the final two holdings on the Philippines – Tondo and Maynila

I can invest in Expansion Idea #3, but I am holding off. I want to save up for the next Tech increase instead.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-25-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:44 AM   #21
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1476 – Admin Tech Gain!

ADMIN TECH 7 – Renaissance Thought.
Take another Group of Ideas….

Possibilities I like:

Expansion Ideas – Admin tech gives me +1 Colonist and +1 Merchant early. Doesn’t compete with Exploration as its in a different line of idea technology.

Naval Ideas – Solid Military based Tech to help build and strengthen my naval strength, which is currently my strength.

Trade Ideas – It fights with Exploration as a fellow DIP tech advancement, but it’s perfect for me. Right now I am getting around 4/month from trade.

I do Expansion.

1 Mar – I order a Workshop in my capital

1 June – Leyte is now a full province.

Leyte
– 8 development in this coastal tropical island that Filipino Hindus work the incense trade and make us 0.32 monthly. This port is south of Samar, and has straits to Cebu and Caraga. I send the colonists to Samar to finish it, and help my economy recover with just one colony to support for a bit.

1 Aug – Separatist rebellion in Cebu.

15 Aug – Put down.

16 Aug – I proclaim a guarantee on Tondo.

1 Sept – Samar is going to be another Spice province.

15 Oct – I proclaim independence for Maynila

14 Dec – Panay is now a core for us.

15 Mar, 1477 – After spending years making nice, Maynila agrees to be a vassal of us, as a one province nation surrounded by Tondo, they have a great concern than others.

1 April – I order a Marketplace in Caraga

1 Aug – I order another large vessel built

22 Sept – Tondo made us their rival. Odd.

I order us to start setting up a spy network with them. Sad. I didn’t want to conquer allies.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-25-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:49 AM   #22
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 June, 1478 – I get a bad shipbuilding event and it slows by 50% for ten years

10 July – Rebellion in Maguindanao!

29 July – We lose to the rebels.

6 August – I have organized myself, bringing in all of my forces

1 Sept – They capture Maguindanao

4 October – They arrive in Lanao, where my assembled force is ready.

18 Oct – We defeat them

20 Nov – We recapture Maguindanao

23 Nov – I revoke my guarantee on Tondo.

I name Tondo a rival

1 Feb, 1479 – New tech

DIP TECH 5 – Basic Sailing Instrument

1 Mar – I break our Royal Marriage with Tondo

12 Mar – I accept one from Sunda

2 Apr- I fabricate a claim on one Tondo province

12 June – I invest in the first Expansion Idea - +1 Colonists. This also gets us our first Butuan idea of +1 diplomatic relations.

I use that to take a RM with Majaphit

1 July – Tondo fabricated a claim on Leyte

24 July – I send colonists to Tagloc, in south east Island of Maguindanao here with muh stuff

7 Dec – I accept an alliance offer from Sunda, who is allied with Kutai, and thus join their circle.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-25-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:20 AM   #23
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 May, 1480 – I fabricate another claim on Tondo Territory

16 Aug – I annihilate the natives in Tagloc

1 April 1481 – I order a Marketplace in Leyte

2 Sept – Bengal annexes Majpur

22 Jan, 1482 – I get an event to increase my trade tec.

17 Apr – I get an event that gives me the chance for a level 2 Admin adviser at half the cost. I hire him.

This gives me an 11 ADM, 4 DIP and 5 MIL development each month.

18 May – The truce with my new rival Tondo is over, and we can declare war on each other

I fabricate a claim on a 3rd province. I want to get to the 40 year review and then wage war after.

10 Sept – I get enough ADM to invest in the next EXPANSION IDEA and I get another merchant!

8 Nov – Samar the colony is hit with a fever and colonial growth slows as I quarantine it

8 Oct, 1483 – I order a marketplace at Maguindanao

6 June – 1484 - Our Ruler is now Incorruptible

Old 03-25-2018, 11:10 AM   #24
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 Nov, 1484

Let’s do a 40 year review now, before things get too crazy for my normal 50 year review

40 Year Review

Given how little many readers may know of the area, I decided to update my overarching 40 Year Review instead of a 50 year one

Here is a zoomed out map:

As you can see, we have mapped out from our explorer all the way from the east coast of Madagascar to the western Pacific ocean. A new mechanic that debuted in the latest expansion is one called innovativeness, and you get some when you are the first in the world to get a certain tech or Idea. We got some for ideas, and were the first with Exploration Ideas as you can see.

Zoomed in map of the Philippines

As you can see, we are in the south and central part of the map, and north of us is the four-province state of our erstwhile ally-cum-rival as well as our actual ally and vassal Maynila.

I have 12000 troops, 5000 cavalry and 7000 infantry

My next colonial target is likely to be deeper in the Indies to give me a good post to explore from deeper and push my colonial range more.

Samar and Tagloc are my current colonies. I expect my next is the Spice Island of Ampon, which is one of the best in the area with small and weak natives and a 12 development on the island already. In the northern part of the Sea of Banda

I do see myself moving forward militarily on something like Sulu, Brunei, and such soon.

My holdings in the order I brought them in

Butuan
– We have a marketplace and workshop here in the tropical, port, marshes of our capital. The gem trade is big and we make 1.45 here monthly.

Lanao – 0.53 I made here in this coastal port coastline holding that works the spice trade. It has a marketplace.

Cebu – This central island in the middle of the Philippines is a gem-based economy for the coastline, tropical port. They make us 1.05 monthly in this coastal Center of Trade. I gave it to my merchants, and due to the lack of full autonomy here, Cebu does not give us it’s full value.. It does have a marketplace here.

Maguindanao –
This former capital of our co-island conspirators has Hills, a temple and marketplace, the spice trade, it’s a tropical port, and it makes us 1.20 monthly

Buglas – This island, west of Cebu, was recently taken from Madyas, and is the home of strong Sugar trade. The coastal, port, of tropical nature makes 0.50 monthly here. I gave it to my nobles, and is does not give us it’s full value. It does have a marketplace here.

Panay – The last place I took militarily is Penay, the former capital of Madyas. This island, also a tropical port with a coastline harvested for grain, sees 0.46 made here. It still has an autonomy of 28.9%. And it’ll be more late. It does have a temple here.

Former Colonies –

Caraga – 4 development, Coffee and a marketplace in this coastline and port. They make us 0.34 monthly, which is high for their low development. I'll try to develop it more moving forward, and it may have a good tax base.

Leyte – To Caraga’s north and Cebu’s east is Leyte, a province with Incense as its key trade, and it’s 8 development nets us 0.34 monthly from the tropical coastline.

Current Colonies – Semar. Tagloc

Old 03-25-2018, 11:11 AM   #25
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So we only gained 5 holdings in war, and 2 colonially thus far.

We have 7 Admin tech, 5 Dip, and 6 Mil.

Our economy is humming, as you can imagine, with stuff that many people are getting strength from.

One of my strengths is my lack of sucky holdings. Everything is making cash.

Our allies – Sunda, Kutai, Maynila.
Our vassals – Maynila.
Our Royal Marriages – Sunda, Maynila, Kutai, Majaphit

With just 18 techs, we are middle of the pack

Most of our stuff is unremarkable. Average or worse income, army size, Ideas, leader ability and more. We have the largest navy to have not lost any ships with our 19 ship strong navy. We have 6 transports, 4 Early Carracks the big ships, and 9 trade protection Barques

I was to build one of each and get to my naval limit of 22.

100% of our nation is Filipino and Hindu

The Philippines is the 6th lowest value center of trade we know of.

Current Price of Trade Goods:

5.0 - Gems

4.5 – Copper

4.37 – Paper

4.0 – Silk, Dyes, Cocoa, Ivory

3.0 – Glass, Tobacco, Sugar, Cotton, Coffee, Iron, Salt, Chinaware, Spices, Cloth

2.5 – Incense, Fish, Wine, Grain, Wool

2.0 – Livestock, Tropical Wood, Naval Supplies, Furs, Slaves, Tea

Gold and Coal are unrated.

We do have the 3rd best trade efficiency in the world of those we know.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:54 PM   #26
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1485 – Tagloc is going to be making Spices moving forward

4 Mar – I declare war against Tondo.

It’s me and my allies vs Tondo and Sulu

I have my fleet here to protect my start crossing from island to island, , and I order my army north

18 Apr – I capture an island- Mindoro

26 June – Maynila takes one of their provinces

1 July – Samar, the colony, is now self sustaining, and I’ll come back later after the war

26 July – I capture Laguna

3 Aug – I win a battle at sea and capture a ship

2 Sept – Tondo captures Manila

11 Oct – We win another naval battle and capture another vessel

15 Oct – The Sulu navy is taken out by Kutai.

22 Oct – The combined Maynila and Butuan forces defeat them in their capital, but barely.

15 Nov – Sulu army defeated, the siege begins by Kutai.

22 Nov – Sunda joins Kutai

26 Nov – Maynila routs the Tondo army

10 Jan, 1486 –

Expansion Idea #3 - +10% Faster Colonists

25 jan – I get an event and our prince is a “Man of the People” and I send him some cash to use to help relieve suffering, and he gains some bonuses to lower rebellion for when he secedes.

4 Feb – Sulu falls

1 April –

Military Tech 7
– The Limber – We can now build artillery and gain more bonuses.

10 May – We take the capital of Tondo

26 Aug – We recapture Manila, and now have a 100% warscore.

Here is what is happening:

I get: Three provinces from Tondo – Tondo, Mindoro, Laguna.

I free Pangasinian. Tondo no longer exists. Sulu can walk (don’t have enough warscore left to do anything with them) and we get some gold too. We get a ton of aggressive expansion penalties (which I call badboy for short, because you have been a very bad boy).

30 Aug – Pangasinian agrees to join our military alliance

All are ports, feature 75% autonomy, tropical, Hindu, Filipino, Cores Ordered:

Mindoro
– Island, north of Panay, and has a crossing west to the unclaimed space at Taytay. The coastline province is home to the gems trade. Just a 5 development and 0.07 made here as a result.

Laguna – Connects the main island to the north, Luzon, with Bikol and then Samar to the south, and then is next to Maynila and Tondo. Features a coastline with 8 development making 0.08 and a Temple as well as grain farmers here.

Tondo
– The former capital, north of Laguna and Manila, south of Pangasinian. 15 development, Temple, makes 0.19 from the Spice trade in these hills.

Colony –

Samar – 0.46 made monthly from the Spice trade here. Coastline, features 6 development, and I am making a marketplace here.

I have started my first colony outside of the Philippines in Ampon, while finishing up the one here in Tagloc. Then I expect to do that moving forward, one at home, and one deeper in the Indies to use as bases.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:42 PM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

17 Sept – I accept a RM offer from Pangasinian

1 Oct – We have an uprising in Ampon and the colony is destroyed. I’ll send another. Ampon is a very quiet place, with the least likely to revolt.

14 Jan, 1487 – I land and take out the natives on Ampon

15 Jan – I sent Pangasinian a gift

16 Feb – Relations maxed with Pangasinian

20 Feb – I get an Explosion of Colonists event and Tagloc is now a colony with 200 people.

18 April – Pangasinian is now a vassal of ours

1 June – I have enough DIP to invest in the next Idea, but I pause for now, because I want to get my DIP tech up.

1 Feb, 1488 – Our three new holdings have had cores finishes in them.

I turn Southern Luzon from a territory into a state.

I order a Marketplace for Mindoro

I hand my Brahmins Laguna.

6 July – I get an event and I choose to defend the merchant guilds and Cebu gains a lot of benefits as a result

1 Sept – Ampon will be Coffee

1 Jan, 1489 – Tagloc fully colony:

Tagloc – In the island of Maguindanao, hills, coastal, port, tropical, works the spice trade, Hindu, Filipino, makes us 0.30 with 6 development.

Next local target is Bikol, a big place of 7000 angry natives that will connect our holdings in Samar with Laguna. I move my army there to take out the natives first

12 Feb – All natives killed

5 Aug – Sadiya and others annexed by Bengal

9 Nov – I take the Admin Idea:

Expansion Idea #4 - -10% Recruitment cost and time for ships.

We also get the next Butuan idea unlocked and we get +10% trade

I order some more ships built

Old 03-25-2018, 03:29 PM   #28
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

22 March, 1490 – Dhundar annexed as well in war.

4 Nov. – Ladakh annexed as well

1 Jan, 1491 – Our truce with Sulu has ended. That’s my next military expansion target, obviously. They are allied with the large nation of Brunei, and right now I am working on a spy network in Brunei to hit them.

1 Oct – I fabricate a claim on a Brunei holding

1 December –

Diplomatic Tech 6 –

I can now build docks and steal maps

5 December – Champa was annexed

1 February, 1492 – Bikol will also be a good incense-making place.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-25-2018 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:17 PM   #29
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Nov – I declare war on Sulu. I have my full navy and an army in the Sulu Sea, and I order it to disembark.

17 Dec – We win in Sulu.

10 Mar, 1493 – Part of my main army lands in Brunei on the island of Norneo and I am ordering the other half over now.

13 April – The minor Brunei holding falls to me

19 May – My army is united and I press up Borneo to join Kutai, besieging a city.

5 Sept – Sulu falls to me. I order my army to board my navy, and I’ll send it at the Brunei capital.

8 Sept – I capture an opposing ship in battle

19 Nov – Jesselton falls to the combined Kutai and Butuan forces and we march on to the capital

Panasinian captured Pelawan, an island from Brunei.

I order my Calvary from the siege and move along Brunei to face their forces

22 Dec – We defeat 2000 infantry in Sibu

I get an event that gives me some ADM power.

26 Jan, 1494 – We take Sibu

20 Feb – The capital of Brunei is ours.

8 Mar – I defeat the Brunei army

19 Mar – The final Brunei province, Kuching, is ours

Now what?

I make this offer:

Give us Sulu

Give Jesselton to Kutai – They deserve something for being an eternal ally of ours

Give me the province I have a claim on – Lehad Datu, on Borneo.

Give me Palawan.

Old 03-25-2018, 06:28 PM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let me Zoom in and show you my new acquisitions

I have zoomed in on Borneo, with Palawan, Sulu, and Lehad Datu all there. Also note we are about to get some ADM update tech wise. I had enough to purchase it now, but I used some to core, and now I need a few months again.

Sulu:
Filipino, Sunni, 11 development coastline, tropical, 75% autonomy, with Gems as the lead resource here on the islands of Sulu. Sulu is historically a part of the Philippines, so it is in my oeuvre. It has a Temple and Workshop, and we are getting 0.17 right now, and I expect that to rise soon.

Palawan – 7 development, also tropical coastline, Filipino, Sunni, these people work the Sugar trade. We get 0.04, and it has 75% autonomy.

Lehad Datu – Our first military expansion outside of the Philippines proper, this 9 development jungle has the Spice trade undergoing, as well as Bornean Sunnis working and living here, in the tropical port. 75% autonomy, and it features a temple and workshop, and makes 0.10 monthly for us

The province I gave away was great, with big development, and a jungle fort.

Brunei is outraged at us! They view us as an aggressive conqueror and seek to ally with others to cut us down to size!

Old 03-25-2018, 06:41 PM   #31
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I thought I must have missed the start of this due to 29 replies. Then I looked at the OP timestamp; 31 hours ago. That's a lot of posting, good sir!
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 06:57 PM   #32
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 October –

ADMIN TECH 8 –

I can build courthouses and I get bonus to state creation

12 Nov – My armies are too spread out right now and I have to spend some MIL power to drop a future rebellion at home in Tondo.

18 April, 1495 – My main army arrives back in Laguna

25 May – I get a colonial expansion event for Bikol

29 July – Sulu and Lehad Datu are now cores. I order a Missionary to Lehad Datu, and it will take a while it seems.

23 Sept – Palawan now a core. Palawan, Sulu, and Taytay are a region, and I name them a state now, not a territory.

29 Sept – I officially order us to finish the mission we had on bringing in vassals and making them happy. We now get an event to drop my cost to Diplomatically annex vassals for 25 years.

1 Oct – We announce the annexation of Maynila has begun

15 Nov – I initiate a policy called the Din-I Ilahi that will essentially give me a reduce -6% tech cost

Din-i Ilahi - Wikipedia

Check it out if you want to read more

4 Mar, 1496 – Rebellion in Tondo.

24 Mar – Taken down

1 July –

Bikol
– 6 development, coastline, port, tropical, this former colony has incense as a spice and connects Laguna to the north with the island of Samar to the south. The Filipino and Hindu works make us 0.20 monthly.

My next local target is Zamboanga, which connects Buglas to the north with Lanao and Maguindanao on the eastern shore, and I order my army here to put out the natives.

1 Sept –

Ampon – 75% autonomy, coastline, 12 development, tropical, next to Ceram in the Sea of Banda, Coffee makers of Animist and Moluccan culture, making us 0.07 monthly.

Next target – Ceram, next to Ampon

27 Sept – I have taken out the natives in Zamboanga

24 Oct – I updated Ampon to a state dropped the autonomy, and now we have 0.44 coming from it.

1 Nov – I get a Gift to the State event and some free cash. I invest it into a Manufactory. I order a Farm Estate in Panay

Old 03-25-2018, 06:57 PM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I thought I must have missed the start of this due to 29 replies. Then I looked at the OP timestamp; 31 hours ago. That's a lot of posting, good sir!

Thanks!

Old 03-26-2018, 11:29 AM   #34
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 Jan, 1497 – With my new naval base in Ampon I have been adding more Indian Ocean zones to my map

1 May – I fabricate a claim on the capital of Brunei.

1 Sept – We have vassalized Maynila, with these effects;

For ten years, we get -3 Diplomatic Reputation

Manila – Coastline, Filipino, Animist, 19 development, port, tropical, has valuable Chinaware trade, 60% autonomy, cored, Coastal Center of Trade, has a Marketplace, Workshop and Temple. Right now a 0.71 cash investment, with that big autonomy. I pull down autonomy by 25 and get 4.2% unrest but the money from it is now 1.16 monthly.

11 ships, 8 trade protectors, 3 transports.

4000 troops, 3k infantry, and 1k cavalry

I disband 1k troops to get me to my new forcelimits (25k troops)

I disband the transports and order the rest to protect my trade

1 Nov –

Exploration Idea #3 – Colonial Range is +50%

1 Dec –

Expansion Idea #4 – Additional +1 Diplomatic Contacts

I get a RM with Ternate

21 Jan, 1498 – We get an honest merchants event and +15% trade for a few years. Right now my trade is around 8.0 monthly

I want to move to take Makassar, as one of the most valuable holdings in the region. I begin to make nice with the next door one-province of Luwu, as they are rivals.

I might have backed the wrong bunny in the Tidore/Ternate rivalry in the Halmaheran Sea. Tidore is allied with Luwu, so I could insert myself into that, take out Ternate, and then bring up big feelings in Luwu and Tidore of friendship, take out Molacca, and be next to Luwu and maybe even look to dip-vassalize or something later.

14 Feb - I break my Royal Marriage with Ternate.

18 Feb – I enter a RM with Tidore

23 March – Tidore joins our alliance

17 May – Royal Marriage with Luwu

2 June – I get a ship building boom for 10 years

20 June – Alliance announced with Luwu

1 September – We have announced the diplomatic annexation of Pangasinan has begun

24 Oct – Colonial Expansion event in Zamboanga

1 Nov – Zamboanga is just Tropical Wood. My first miss colonially. Ah well.

1 April, 1499 – Ceram is now the home of a new Coffee plantation for us.

2 June – Our ruler gains the Calm ability, which reduces future stability upgrades.

5 June – We get an event that costs some MIL power after military investment went awry.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:48 PM   #35
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 August, 1500 –

EXPANSION IDEA #5 – Enhanced Shipbuilding Time

This unlocks my next Butuan Idea and we get another merchant

20 Aug – Korea is moving north and annexing places above it.

3 Sept – We have finished the diplomatic integration of Pangasinan

Pangasinan – 10 development, coastal port hills work the salt trade here, north of Tondo, and south of unclaimed land to the north of Luzon. The Hindu Filipino workers here send us 0.45 with a 35% autonomy.

We have now brought every Filipino power. All that is left is colonial expansion.

We got 5 Barques and I send them to protect trade and 3k infantry. I send them to Palawan for defense

1 Jan, 1501 -I order a Workshop in Tondo

1 March –

Military TECH 8
– Pike and Shot, we can build Regimental camps, and get bonuses to infantry and cavalry.

1 April –

Zamboanga – This former colony connects Maguindanao and Lanao with the island of Buglas. Tropical Wood is harvested here by the Filipino Hindu workers, with a 5 development value, coastline, tropical, port, and 0.19 made here monthly by them.

My next Filipino target is Taytay, which is a strait from Palawan to the main island. I order one of my armies there to take out the 4000 local natives.

10 July – Natives killed in Taytay

15 Sept – Ayutthaya loses 3 provinces to the growing power of Malacca.

22 Jan, 1502 – Fever breaks out in Taytay and I quarantine it. That will slow down colonial growth there for 5 years heavily.

I withdraw my setters and send them to Cagayan in Luzon instead, and my army will follow.

1 Feb – I have enough Dip power saved up for the next mission but I hold off as I am close to tech as well.

15 mar – Another exploration mission returns and I now have good enough maps that I have fully mapped Australia.

10 Sept – Natives dead in Cagayan

12 Dec – Our Explorer passes. I hire a new one

Old 03-27-2018, 07:30 PM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

21 Feb, 1503 – I took out, proactively, the natives on Halmahera in preparation for our next colony. It has crossings to both Ternate and Tidore, and I landed a 7000 strong force here

2 Feb, 1504 – Another Honest Merchant event hits.

18 July – I spent my last ADM tech and get the final Expansion Idea – Global Trade Power +20%. My State maintenance (the infrastructure that keeps states from territories) has dropped by -25% as a result of finishing this Idea Group.

13 Dec – I finished exploring all I could.

1 May, 1505 –

DIP TECH 7 – Naval Ambitions, I can get an increased colonial range.

I send my ships out for more explorations

1 Sept – Tea is made in Cagayan. Ah well. Not what I wanted there either, as a 2.0 Trade Good, but c’est la vie.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:47 PM   #37
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Jan, 1506 – I order a Workshop in Maguindanao

27 June – I fabricate a claim for the capital of Ternate.

1 July –

Ceram – This former colony is next to Ampon. The island is on both the Sea of Banda and the Halmahera Sea. The Filipino and Hindu people here work the coffee plantations on this coastline tropical port. We get 0.34 from them monthly and their 8 development. I order these colonists to Halmahera

21 Sept – I have 15k troops in Halmahera and 22 ships in the Sea. I declare war on Ternate.

They have no allies. This shouldn’t take too long,

27 Sept- Our troops arrive in their capital.

12 Oct – I rout their army totally. The siege begins.

1 Feb, 1507 – A rebellion in Laguna. My main army, expecting it, is there.

24 Mar – Finished after a long battle.

21 July – Their capital falls

28 July – I defeat their navy and take a ship.

1 Aug – I proclaim a guarantee for Tidore

10 Aug – I annex their nation and get a bunch of cash.

Ternate
– I order a core here, Moloccan, Animist, Spice trade, 17 development, coastline, tropical, port, island, with straight crossing to Halmahera, it has workshop, shipyard, and temple, 75% autonomy, and we get 0.36 still despite all of the stuff that should keep us down. That’s the value of Ternate.

Now I want to see if I can bring Tidore more under my radar. I send them a gift. I also order a Temple in Ceram.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:01 PM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

14 Jan, 1508 – Another major exploration quest ends, and my Pacific knowledge is growing.

2 Mar – Rebellion in Palawan, which my main army had moved to.

18 Mar – Rebellion defeated.

12 July – I have maximized relations with Tidore.

26 July – I get an event and choose to stay out of a Brahmin conflict and gain their loyalty and prestige.

10 Aug -I finish a mission to build buildings. I gain some ADm power and we now get +10% tax income to build more buildings over the next 25 years.

I completed another mission in the war and forget to finish it. For conquering enough states, I get Expansionist Ideas for 25 years, and get -25% state maintenance, and bonuses to putting down rebels and such.

With my state maintenance halved from recent events, I am bringing in serious cash. I am not going to spend it. I have a mission to collect 2000 gold, and that will take years and years. But when I do, I will have finished it.

2 Sept – Our peace treaty with Brunei has ended.

5 Mar, 1509 – My most recent explorations have returned, and I don’t see Europe in the Indian Ocean at all. If I get colonial range, I might be willing to try and hit Mauritius and Bourbon and such and block them from arriving in my space without taking a worse route. If I could lock out the islands here in the Indian, that would be nice as they are stepping stones for Europe.

I pull colonists from my land of Cagayan and send them to Belitung, an island off the southwest coast of Borneo, I send some army people there to clean out the baddies.

15 Apr – After about 10 years, my province in Brunei I took, Lehad Datu, is now Hindu!

I send the missionary to Manila

13 June – Belitung’s natives are no longer

4 July – I choose Pasai, the major power on the great island of Ajeh, as my new rival

1 Aug – Tidore agrees to become our vassal.

22 Sept – I get a Rush of Colonists event and colonial enthusiasm increases for 5 years

1 Dec –

ADMIN TECH 9 –

The Scythe –

I get bonus production efficiency

Our next Admin tech will give us a 3rd Group of Ideas

Old 03-28-2018, 12:08 AM   #39
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

13 Jan, 1510 – I get a promising trader event. I hire him for 50% off. He gets +10% trade too as well as +2 DIP growth. My current growth is 11 ADM, 6 DIP, and 5 Mil monthly.

2 Feb – Rebellion in Ternate

12 Feb – Quickly ended!

1 April – Another return. Here let me show you the current state of the world and what I’ve found

Here is the local, quiet area around East Africa. Note the lack of any European ships exploring, nor any colonial efforts.

Asia?

This is as far as I have explored here.

There you are, fun little updates

15 May – Ternate is now a core part of our nation!

1 July – As expected, Halmahera is a Spice province

Old 03-28-2018, 04:15 PM   #40
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Feb, 1511 -Do I want to invest in the next Exploration Tech which gives me bonus colonial growth? Or do I want to hold out for better Dip tech growth later?

Exploration Idea #4 - +20% settler growth

1 Mar – Our spy in Pasai was kicked out

15 Mar – We finish another Indian Ocean expedition and I send then back to the Pacific.

1 May – Kilwa just lost 9 holdings in a major war on the continent

30 August – Manila converts!

Next target is: Ternate

2 Sept – Korea just took another 6 holdings

1 Feb, 1512

New Nation

Cagayan – This hilly coastal tropical province has the Tea trade made here, with 13 development, and Hindu Filipino farmers here on the northeast corner of the island of Luzon. We get 0.36 cash from it monthly.

I recall my settlers from Halmahera and send them to Pontianak. This is on Borneo island, and the far side of Brunei, and next to them. I move my Ternate army here and will use this as a staging ground for finishing Brunei. Pontianak is also a very good province with a high development option, so it makes sense colonially as well.

1 Mar – We got word that the island of Belitung will have Coffee as it’s trade good of choice

18 April – We beat back and kill the natives in Pontianak.

1 July – Another great Pacific journey returns

7 Sept – The Queen passes

1 Nov –

Halmahera – Fully colonized now, this Spice Island has straits to Tidore and Ternate, and features 8 development, a coastline, tropical, port, Filipino, Hindu place where we get 0.29 gold monthly.

I give Zamboanga to my nobles (the Kshatriyas) so they can run it and keep them happy.

24 Nov – I pull the colonists from Pontianak and they will continue naturally and send them to the island of Taytay to restart that colony, and then once it’s set back up and recall them and return to Pontianak.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:00 PM   #41
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

22 January, 1513 – Our Ruler passes at the ripe old age of 64.

The new ruler:

Hunami, 0/5/6, a female ruler, the sister of the ruler. Our new heir is a 6/4/4 prince too,

Our stability fell, and I invest in bringing it back.

She has no ADM ability, but it is our focus and we have a level 2 adviser there, so we are actually getting 7/9/8 right now.

1 Feb – I am renewing Royal Marriages with key people like Luwu, Kutai, Sunda, etc.

22 Feb – I get an event that increases the Nutmeg cultivation in Ternate.

12 April – Another exploration mission returns home from the Pacific.

1 June – I decide to Support the Haridasa Movement in Hinduism. This is a Decision (not an event) will give us a +2% missionary chance and -10% stability cost.

30 June – We get an event to pipe in 200 marriageable women to Belitung

22 July – I get an event where Pontianask changes religion to Animist

11 Dec – A new heir is born

1 Feb, 1514 –

Belitung
– This island is now a full province. This coffee plantation features a coastline, 11 development, Filipino Hindus, tropical, 75% autonomy, 0.18 made here monthly. The island is in the center of the Karimata Strait, and there are no straits here.

I am still too are away from Bourbon. Any cheap ways to get there I can unearth?

1 March – Pontianak will be a Spice province

1 April – Finding nothing, I send colonists to the mid-Indian Ocean island of Hollhavi, unsettled, south of the Maldives.

Sunda and Majaphit were moving closer and closer to war, so I proclaimed guarantees on both. Hopefully that will dial back that conflict

1 June – I got lucky! We had a Navigator adviser appear in court today, and I hire him to replace my own DIP adviser, and this extends my colonial range by 20%. I recall my colonists.

6 June – I get a Colonial Expansion event for Taytay and 200 joined it.

13 June – I send our colonist to Mauritius

7 July 0 Ming Dynasty wares are big right now on the trade market, and we get an event that gives us bonus cash, and relations with Ming as a supplier of Chinaware.

1 Aug – The Era of Discovery has ended. The Era of Reformation has begun.

Old 03-29-2018, 07:06 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I fabricate a claim on the Brunei province next to me, Kuching.

19 Oct – I declare war against Brunei for their capital. I do not call in Kutai. I don’t want them to get wealthy or take things I want for later.

Me, Sunda, Tidore

5 Nov – Ternate converts. Next is Ampon

26 Nov 0- I take Kuching

30 Dec – I defeat their army in Sibu

21 Jan, 1515 – I chase and destroy their army utterly in Kuching

7 Feb – Uh oh!

I get news that Makassar has declared war on Luwu. I join my ally against them. I order an army to their location.

1 Mar – Taytay will be just Tropical Wood. Another miss economically from a colony

We capture Sibu

21 April – My exploration finishes and I order this fleet to help at Makassar and the rest of the Sulawesi island war shaping up. I want to take Makassar.

21 May – The first half of my army arrives on Sulawesi Island

1 June – Brunei’s capital falls

I annex them and take 227 ducats.

Now back to war with Makassar.

I order this army to help.

We are at war with Buton and Makassar, both on the Sulawesi area. I send one army to Buton to sieging there..

29 July- I begin a siege in Buton

15 Sept – I order the Brunei army I landed into Luwu to lift the siege

31 Oct – We defeat the combined Butoni and Makassar forces

23 Nov – We routed their forces in Makassar and begin a siege there as well

After verifying that we have the area locked down, I send my explorers back out again

17 Jan, 1515 – We get a Huge Storms in Manila event and their economic value is halved for 5 years.

1 Mar – I take Buton is siege

9 Mar – I win a huge battle against their fleet and capture 7 ships

30 Mar – We take Makassar

1 Apr – I annex Makassar and make Buton my vassal

Old 03-29-2018, 07:09 PM   #43
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Brunei – The former capital of the nation of Brunei, 23 development, jungle, Sunni, Bornean culture, work the Spice trade, coastal center of trade, tropical, port, make 0.36 here monthly, core on the way, has Shipyard, Temple, Workshop and Marketplace. Brunei is west of Kutai at Jesselton, and east of us at Sibu, 75% autonomy.

Sibu – 15 development, coastal, jungle, tropical, port, Bornean, Sunni, Spice Trade, Marketplace, Workshop, Temple, 75% autonomy, 0.21 made here monthly, East is Brunei, West along the coast is Kuching – core on the way here too.

Kuching – Jungle, tropical, coastal, port, Gem trade, Workshop, Temple, Marketplace here too, also has 75% autonomy, 12 development, the Sunni Bornean people here make 0.27 monthly. Core on way. To it's west is out colony – Pontianak. To its east is Sibu.

Makassar
– On the south-western tip of Sulawesi, south of Luwu, is this 24 development, grasslands, tropical, port, Spice, Coastal Center of Trade, Marketplace, Workshop, Temple, Shipyard, 75% autonomy, Sulawesi Animist people, core just started, 75% autonomy, also has 0.26 made here.

Okay, MAP TIME!!!

You can see my new acquisitions up on the upper left in Borneo, as well as our colony there. The Island of Sulawesi to the south, and east of Borneo is there, and Makassar, the place with our big army, is there. You can see our ally to our immediate north, and then Buton is just off the base in the patch of yellow there. You can also see our Halmahera, Ternate, and Ampon/Ceram expansions to the east, and well as the hint of home above to give you some perspective.

I am currently losing money with the manpower (when your manpower isn’t fast enough to reload, your cash is) and the lack of trade. My trade dropped for a few years as my trade wasn’t used to protect trade and you can see it’s dropped to around 9.5 monthly.

Time to build back up and rebuild my infrastructure. I’m going to need a third army to help muh peoples get ready.

I basically did two expansion wars at the same time, and now we need to get stuff to cool down.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:26 PM   #44
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

29 May – I accept a RM offer from Buton

2 Aug – I have maxed relations with Tidore, Luwu and hopefully soon Luwu will join our vassalage.

2 Sept –

Expansion Idea #5 -
+20% Global Tariffs (Does nothing). I get the next Butuan Idea, better Diplomatic Relations

1 Oct – Brunei and Kuching are now a part of the core patrimony of Butuan.

10 Oct – Ampon is now Hindu! I send the Missionary to Palawan

9 Dec – Sibu now a core

I update Brunei from territory to state. This will work for all four of the five provinces I captured, including the one from the firs war against Brunei.

I cut autonomy by 25% in each area, and we get much bigger revolt risk (I moved one army to Brunei) but my cash back is better. Brunei is 1.64, Sibu 1.11, and Kuching 1.13 monthly. Big gains there.

By the by, my cash flow is back to fresh and mega fresh

1 Mar, 1517 – In what won’t be a surprise to anyone, Mauritius is a great place to grow Sugar!

25 Apr – I get a Military Reform event. Who should I reform? I choose only the navy. We get a huge amount of DIP TECH investment as well.

1 July –

Military TECH 9 – Professional Officers

We can build new units and we update to Asian Arquebusiers

12 Oct – Makassar now a core

1 Nov –

Exploration Idea #6 – Extra Colonist

This was enabled by the bonus investment we got as an event. I order colonists to Taytay to help finish there.

My goal is to get to 2000 gold and get our event, then push colonies heavily

3 April, 1518 – Korea continues to expand massively

28 April – Another exploration mission finishes

10 July – We commit a Diplomatic Faux Pas and get worse relations for a few years

19 Oct – More victories by Malacca

Old 03-29-2018, 09:55 PM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 Feb, 1519 – I get a Gift to the State and gain 100 gold. That will push us to complete our mission this year, instead of 1520

21 Mar – Another mission of exploration concludes, and I send our explorer back out for another go around the bin

1 May –

Pontianak – This is now a full city. Filipino, Hindu, next to the land we captured in Kuching, and then north of the down-coast holding in Katapang. Jungle, port, tropical, Spices, 13 dev, 75% auto, makes 0.13

Next target is Katapang. I want to eventually finish up Borneo

19 June – Malacca claims Pontianak

7 July – I kill the natives here in Katapang.

Mission Fulfilled!

We have 2002 gold. Our gp raised heavily (like +12/mth) after our colony ended.

We get Inflation reduction for free over the next 25 years

6 Aug – I move across the southern coast of Borneo and am killing all of the natives here, then I’ll head back to more important places later.

21 Sept – Palawan converts!

Next target for conversion is Makassar

1 Oct – We announce the diplomatic annexation of Tidore!

I pull my colonists from Taytay and move them to Sampit on Borneo.

10 Oct – The last of the natives here on Borneo are taken out

17 Oct- Flu breaks out on Buglas and I quarantine it.

10 Nov – Another exploring mission finishes, another begins.

1 Dec – Our truce with Malacca ended, we can now declare war on each other

1 Mar, 1520 – I order:

Farm Estate in Laguna

Workshop in Panay, Buglas

Temple in Butuan, Cebu, Ampon, Cagayan

Marketplace in Ternate

1 Aug

Taytay
– Island now full province from colony. Tropical Wood is made here in this island with straight’s from Palawan to the island of Mindoro. 0.17 made here monthly from the Hindu, Filipino folks, with 5 development. I hand this to the Brahmas folk

2 Feb, 1521 – So let me show you something. Right now, I am making 14.55 a month in surplus before the extra buildings are finished. Let’s see where that surplus is in a few months after they were built.

19 Feb – Ming has made us their rival. Annoying.

1 April – 15.88 ducats, so around 1.3 made from the temples, marketplace, and workshops

Temple for Buglas; Workshop for Panganian

21 May – Makassar converts!

This also finishes a quest for the Age, and we are closer to doing things with them (convert at least 10 provinces)

Next target is Sulu

10 July – We are ousted from Ming trade centers, and I order us to oust them from ours, and name them our rival.

1 Aug – We have a rebellion in Ternate

22 Aug - Defeated

25 Aug – Kutai’s leader has passed, they offer a new RM. I consider rejecting it for a moment, but then I agree.

1 Oct – We get a Colonial Expansion event and Sampit grow by 200.

1 Dec – Sampit will also be a spice controlling province

Old 03-29-2018, 11:52 PM   #46
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

10 Jan, 1522 – Our Prince-Consort passes.

7 Feb – Pasai announce us as their new rival

10 Mar – We get bonus State Maintainance when some Hindu Teaching has led to reduced issues with administration.

1 April – Rebellion in Sigu.

18 April – No longer

1 Mar – 15.54 gold monthly

1 June – 16.12 monthly

New province:

Mauritius – I upgrade the region to state from territory. 0.31 month, Filipino, Coastline, island, 11 development, Sugar trade, Hindu,

I order the next set of colonists to Ile Bourbon next to it.

Katapang, over on Borneo, is going to be Coffee!

1 June – Temple in Caraga, Zamboanga

19 June – Another pacific exposition occurs, and I send them to Mauritius to explore the rest of Africa.

5 July – We are now considered one of the 8 Great Powers!

1 Oct – We arrive in Mauritius and I begin to explore more.

1 January, 1523 –

DIP TECH 8 – Shipyards

I can build Shipyards

3 April –

We have integrated Tidore

Tidore
– Moluccan, Animist, coastline, port, island, 16 development, tropical, Spice trade, Workshop, Shipyard, Temple, they make 1.99 monthly for us.

They have 2k infantry and cavalry, 11 ships, I remove the Cogs, and keep the Early Carrack and trade bumpers.

1 May – I proclaim a guarantee for Luwu

2 May – Majaphit agrees to ally herself to us

I use my Great Power action to Influence Action for Luwu

22 June – Another mission finishes with our explorer

1 Aug – Luwu agrees to be our vassal

1 Nov - Rebellion in Brunei

20 Nov – Finished

1 May, 1524 –

ADMIN TECH 10 – We get another Group of Ideas

Old 03-30-2018, 07:02 AM   #47
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

11 Nov – 80 Year Review!

Allies – Sunda, Kutai, Majaphit
Vassals – Butan, Luwu

Current ruler is 73 year old 0/5/6 leader, with 10 year old child.

We have 57 ships and naval forcelimit of 64

We have 36k troops, and forcelmint of 49

After Ming, we have the most income of nations we know of (we don’t know of any in Europe)

After Ming, we have the most development of any nation we know of

We are fourth in manpower of nations we know after Ming, Mamluks, and Bengal

With 27 techs, we are just one behind Ming and the 2nd biggest in the area

With 13 ideas, we are 4th in the area, and 4 behind Ming at 17

I currently have four Sunni and one Animist province

Every province is Filipino, save for four Bornean, and 3 others.

I don’t have time for each of my provinces. Here are my top ten by:

Production:

Ternate – 25.15
Butuan – 18.10
Panay – 13.95
Sulu – 13.93
Brunei – 12.59
Manila – 12.55
Kuching – 11.00
Tondo – 10.54
Cebu – 10.04
Ampon – 9.96

Tax:

Laguna – 16.20
Manila – 14.40
Caraga – 13.50
Brunei – 10.92
Zamboanga – 10.80
Maguindanao – 10.80
Tondo – 10.80
Ceram – 9.00
Cebu – 8.77
Sibu – 8.48

In some cases these bonuses are caused by folks who control the holding and then invested in its development, like Zamboanga.

We have 37 provinces

At 36k, our army is the 2nd largest we know of, behind Ming’s 75k

We have the 2nd largest navy, and are just behind Ming who has 7 more

Of the trade nodes we know of:

Malacca has the 3rd most trade

The Moluccas the 7th most

Philippines are the middle of the pack.

Current Price of Trade Goods:

5.0 - Gems

4.5 – Copper

4.37 – Paper

4.0 – Dyes, Silk, Cocoa, Ivory

3.0 – Glass, Tobacco, Salt, Spices, Chinaware, Iron, Cotton, Salt, Cloth

2.5 – Incense, Wool, Wine, Grain

2.25 – Fish

2.0 – Livestock, Tea, Slaves, Tropical Wood, Naval Supplies, Fur

We are the production leader for Spices

We are close in Sugar, Tropical Wood, Gems, and Coffee.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:50 AM   #48
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

MAPS!!!

See how much cash we’re making monthly? Crazy! 20+ gp /month.

We also have found Alaska and Hawaii and such. I am now sailing up Africa, and again, haven’t seen Europe in South Africa or anywhere else, which is a surprise to me.

If I grab South Africa and the islands in the Indian Ocean, then I suspect I can keep any potential attempt by Europe to swing around permanently.

Zoomed in!

Soon to take – Finish Borneo, two holdings in Luzon, etc.

I want to finish these two Borneo colonies which should be soon, and then send those colonists to the last two here, and then pull them and send them elsewhere. Maybe to Mahe and Comoros in the Indian Ocean?

What new Idea Group do I want?

Trade Ideas? Religious Ideas? Naval Ideas? Maritime Ideas? Aristocratic?

I do Religious Ideas. I need more missionaries and stronger ones.

Old 03-30-2018, 11:04 AM   #49
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

1 Mar, 1525 –

Sampit – This southern Borneo coastal Jungle, with development 5, the Spice Trade, tropical, Filipino, Hindu, I order a marketplace here, they make us just 0.26 monthly right now.

I order these colonists east to Barito

26 April – Sulu converts. Next is Tidore

I order a culture change in Ampon.

1 May – We find and expel spies from Pasai

I fabricate a claim on Jambi.

1 June – In another non-shocking surprise, Ile Bourbon is Sugar,

1 Aug

Katapang – Another Borneo jungle province, this one with 10 development, the coffee trade, Hindu Filipino folk make us 0.67 monthly. I order a Workshop here.

Borneo Coffee for the win!

Barito and Banjar, the final Bornean provinces are next. I send these colonists to Mahe in the Indian Ocean.

26 Oct – Another sea mission finishes. Another begins from Mauritius

17 Nov – The Japanese Tea Culture event occurred, and tea will increase in current value

1 Feb, 1426 – One of our advisers passes.

Who to look for for replacement?

1 Mar - I am working on a new army in Luzon.

1 April – I have explored up to Kongo and still see nothing on Africa. No European presence. What happened?

I’m considering sending some colonists to Cape and then moving out from there.

1 June – We fabricate a claim on another Pasai holding

11 June – We oust a Pasai spy.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:28 PM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

2 January, 1527 – I send colonists to Cape

1 Mar –

Exploration Ideas #7
– We finish it. The final Idea is +25% Naval Forcelimits, we can fabricate claim on foreign places with it done.

25 May – I finish off the natives in Cape after landing 2k cavalry here.

I hire a conquistador, give it the cavalry.

3 June – Tidore converts

Next? Kuching

23 July – Another exploration mission is finished

15 Aug – Another province of Pasai’s is claimed by us

We begin to Influence Nation of Sunda to help them develop their tech,

1 Nov – Banjar is an Ivory holding

1 Dec – Because we are still making a ton of money, have 2000+ gold, and with bonuses, currently have a 100/yearly colony growth without any random chances of growth each month of a settler present, I decide to add a 6th option

I pull my colonists from Banjar and send them to Ilcos in Luzon. I order forces them to clean things out

26 Dec – Natives are dead. I move on to another place here in Luzon.

8 Jan, 1528 – Natives in Ifugo are out as well

26 Jan – With 6 colonies going, our cash finally drops

2 Mar – Our truce with Buton ends.

I send a gift to Luwu

21 April – Another exploration mission, this time to Arabia and the Persian Gulf is finished. Next? Back to the Pacific

17 July – I get a religion zeal event and my missionaries will increase in strength for a few years

1 August – We fabricate a 4th claim on Pasai

1 Nov – Mahe is now Naval Supplies. Sad. Had a chance for Sugar, Fish or something useful, but nope, jus Naval Supplies.

22 Dec – North Pacific added to, I send my explorer fleet to deeper in the Pacific

I order a few Early Carracks