Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #51
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Teams:
Heroes may form "teams" by mutual declaration. When a team is formed, they have the opportunity to deliver additional damage by acting in unison (+0.5 additional damage for every member of the team, rounding down) . However, if there is a villain participating in the team they have the opportunity to sabotage the effectiveness of a team's actions (-2 cumulative damage). Teams can be formed and broken up at any time. The declaration of a team must be agreed upon in the
thread. The team should be announced in bold, with the name of the team and all member of the team. Additional benefits may become available for teams who remain together for a sustained period of time.

One more note for Blade and Path - pick a name for your team as well. Thanks and sorry for not reminding you of that in the post a couple of minutes ago.

hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 02:33 PM   #52
hoopsguy
General Manager

Another note - there have been a couple of questions regarding the use of passive powers.

Passive powers are always used and the associated energy costs always totalled (if applicable). So there is no need to send a PM to the moderator indicating your interest in activating a passive power. However, all other powers would need to be posted in the thread to come into play.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:45 PM   #53
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Heading to class...path, i leave it up to you if you want to add more member...pick wisely though(cough cough not Dr. Doom)

Not Doom?

NOT DOOM?!?!?

Doom will make you pay for those words. When you are groveling at the feet of Doom, you will wish you had not spoken.

So ... who here would like to be Doom's lack.. er ... "friend"?
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Anxiety, i should thank you...wikipedia says you designed all my weapons when you were in egpyt..thanks bro!

No problem buddy. After Cap (America), the person in this group I'm the most tight with is you.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #55
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Barkeep, any thoughts of two others we can add for our team? I fear I don't know much about alot of these people, but I'm not too trustful of those X-men ever since my brother (Thunderbird) died. Maybe we can add 2 more trustworthy people for our cause.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:10 PM   #56
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Barkeep, any thoughts of two others we can add for our team? I fear I don't know much about alot of these people, but I'm not too trustful of those X-men ever since my brother (Thunderbird) died. Maybe we can add 2 more trustworthy people for our cause.

You already have me on your team. We need one more.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:15 PM   #57
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
One more note for Blade and Path - pick a name for your team as well. Thanks and sorry for not reminding you of that in the post a couple of minutes ago.

For now the team will be dubbed: SILVER MOON
Old 01-17-2007, 03:18 PM   #58
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Mr. Sinister checking in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
So ... who here would like to be Doom's lack.. er ... "friend"?

Dr. Doom, I believe a distinguished man of science like yourself would be an excellent ally amongst these uneducated rabble. We should looking into aligning our goals for mutual benefit, of course.
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:25 PM   #59
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Just a reminder - there is only one team right now that has mutually posted their intent to align (in bold) and listed a team name. And it isn't you, Barkeep, and others. I don't want you making assumptions about your "team" activity when it hasn't been officially formed yet.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:53 PM   #60
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian View Post
Mr. Sinister checking in.

Dr. Doom, I believe a distinguished man of science like yourself would be an excellent ally amongst these uneducated rabble. We should looking into aligning our goals for mutual benefit, of course.

Obviously. You are acceptable.

What should we call ourselves? Personally, the name "Doom and his Lackeys" has a nice ring to it.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #61
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
I thought alot about this during the week. I think I have found some players who are excellent players tend to get alot of attention from seers/others and likely would avoid those. I also think I probably would avoid people who are newer to WW games as they tend to be more unpredictable (both for the good and bad).

I think if I had been picked to be Apocalypse, I would have chosen players who were very underrated players in my mind, I would have tried to get an assortment of type of characters as well. (not all physical or mental types).

I would have gone for a mix. I would have tried to get a couple of players who, in my mind, had previously distinguished themselves as strong "wolves", and I would have tried to get a couple who were less likely to be suspected.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:59 PM   #62
Blade6119
Coordinator

Mr. W, i would like to extend an official invitation to join team Silver Moon to you, and would be glad to have your intellect aiding our success.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:00 PM   #63
Blade6119
Coordinator

Daddy Torgo is also invited, though he seems rather intent on teaming up with magneto
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:05 PM   #64
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
What should we call ourselves? Personally, the name "Doom and his Lackeys" has a nice ring to it.

As a fellow author of important works, I understand the importance of having one's name attached to one's endeavors. Therefore, I propose the following name for our team:

Doom, Sinister, & Co.

In the interest of comprOmise, your name is first, and the & Co. allows us to add subordinates as necessary.

TALGIAN (MR. SINISTER) TEAM WITH WVUFAN (DR. DOOM).
Old 01-17-2007, 04:11 PM   #65
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

In the absence of my usual confederates from Psionex, I would be honored to lend my abilities to Silver Moon.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 01-17-2007, 04:12 PM   #66
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Daddy Torgo is also invited, though he seems rather intent on teaming up with magneto

i am intent on joining A team. Magneto was simply the option from a RP-standpoint that was the most intriguing, especially as we have no idea of the good or badness of people yet.

I shall take you offer under serious consideration.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:13 PM   #67
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

(OOC, there doesn't seem to be a lot of character info on my guy in Wikipedia. From what I can see of typical confederates, none are present here, and I don't know if there are any normal foes. What little there is of personality suggests to me that I've done a pretty good job of type-casting myself and won't have to do much "playing".)

Old 01-17-2007, 04:15 PM   #68
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

WVU you are hilarious.... ok ok, now i have to research my character some more so i know how to act
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:17 PM   #69
hoopsguy
General Manager

MrW, I had never heard of this guy until he was requested and wasn't able to come up with much info as well. So for better or worse, I can't really help you with roleplay for him. That is the only guy in the list of twenty-five where I shrugged and said, "I've got nothing". Hopefully if there is a Mathemanic fan out there reading along they can tell me when this game is over if my representation of him from powers/abilities/etc was at least in the right area code.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:20 PM   #70
Blade6119
Coordinator

Mr Wednesday (Mathemanic) JOIN TEAM SILVER MOON
Demotivation
Old 01-17-2007, 04:21 PM   #71
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

This very powerful, very beautiful woman would like to join a team. Any takers fellas?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #72
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i am intent on joining A team. Magneto was simply the option from a RP-standpoint that was the most intriguing, especially as we have no idea of the good or badness of people yet.
Surely such a reknowned mind as yourself would feel more comfortable amongst those with a similar intellect. We both feel that mutant research and understanding of its causes and effects is crucial, perhaps teaming up would allow us to better compare notes? What better way to prove to the world that mutants shouldn't be discriminated against than firm, scientific fact? Of course, my associate Dr. Doom would have to approve, but I'm confident a man of your stature would suit even his rather stringent tastes.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:23 PM   #73
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Listen Bubs, I don't like the smell of any of you but I wouldn't mind teaming with the first person that goes and grabs a few brews.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #74
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

haha. me join Dr. Doom??
Old 01-17-2007, 04:24 PM   #75
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
This very powerful, very beautiful woman would like to join a team. Any takers fellas?

Did captain america have a sex change?
Demotivation
Old 01-17-2007, 04:26 PM   #76
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, Captain Marvel...sorry sack attack
Demotivation
Old 01-17-2007, 04:27 PM   #77
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Alan how does Mutant first sound?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:28 PM   #78
Barkeep49
Coordinator

And spleen you still want in? So we'd have myself, Alan, and Spleen looking for one more mutant. Perhaps a mutant who could communicate privately? That would be quite nice.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:28 PM   #79
Blade6119
Coordinator

Would any magical hero like to join silver moon? We have what i believe is a physical, psyionic, and engery...if im not mistaken about my newfound allies, all we need is a magical hero to round us out
Demotivation
Old 01-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #80
path12
Coordinator

Man, I'm going to have to spend some time on Wiki tonight -- I have no idea which characters might have what kinds of powers.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:38 PM   #81
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I want to form the Avengers. I will be the leader and two of you will join me. I am always the leader of any group I am in. And there are plenty of you that should want to join me!
Old 01-17-2007, 04:40 PM   #82
path12
Coordinator

Mods, is it possible to be a member of more than one team?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:41 PM   #83
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Man, I'm going to have to spend some time on Wiki tonight -- I have no idea which characters might have what kinds of powers.
Me neither. I'm hoping those who are more comic book oriented would help us out here.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:41 PM   #84
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I want to form the Avengers. I will be the leader and two of you will join me. I am always the leader of any group I am in. And there are plenty of you that should want to join me!

One thing I do know -- Silver Surfer recognizes no leader.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:42 PM   #85
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

blade...I am not magical, but if the offer still stands I believe I have much to offer the group. However due to my stature I feel that the name of the group should reflect my involvement...
Old 01-17-2007, 04:43 PM   #86
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Alan how does Mutant first sound?

That sounds excellent to me.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:43 PM   #87
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Me neither. I'm hoping those who are more comic book oriented would help us out here.

You shunned one of my team members, why should i help you?

Unless you want to form some mega team with a combination of our two teams down the road...haha, that would be funny.

First you have to form your team officially before i can joke up names
Demotivation
Old 01-17-2007, 04:45 PM   #88
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
blade...I am not magical, but if the offer still stands I believe I have much to offer the group. However due to my stature I feel that the name of the group should reflect my involvement...

Ill defer to path and mr. w on both your acceptance and team name change. If they deem it wise, ill abide...i was shooting to have all 4 elements, but ill go with the flow. I suppose we dont have to be locked in at 4, and could take more. I just didnt want too many, as the more we add the higher chance we will be infiltrated
Demotivation
Old 01-17-2007, 04:45 PM   #89
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I am going to have to create a cheat sheet so I know who is which character. I keep having to go back to page 1 to see.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:45 PM   #90
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Join Alan T in Mutants First
Old 01-17-2007, 04:46 PM   #91
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I am going to have to create a cheat sheet so I know who is which character. I keep having to go back to page 1 to see.
WW has shown me the beauty of tabbed browsing. Being able to jump around from game thread, to rules, to PM box (gotta check out the details of my powers) is very handy.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:47 PM   #92
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

You get used to it after a while.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:47 PM   #93
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Join Alan T in Mutants First

Join Barkeep in Mutants First
Old 01-17-2007, 04:49 PM   #94
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
haha. me join Dr. Doom??

DOOM WILL BREAK YOU!!!

erm ... what my lack .. er, "associate" said.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:49 PM   #95
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

So we need to add Spleen too now by bolding him in and him also posting?

I agree having someone else with some form of mental ability might be a nice addition to our team. I fear that although my desire to find my brother's killer is strong, I don't have much to offer in the way of mind abilities.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:51 PM   #96
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian View Post
As a fellow author of important works, I understand the importance of having one's name attached to one's endeavors. Therefore, I propose the following name for our team:

Doom, Sinister, & Co.

In the interest of comprOmise, your name is first, and the & Co. allows us to add subordinates as necessary.

TALGIAN (MR. SINISTER) TEAM WITH WVUFAN (DR. DOOM).

This is acceptable, with one exception:

The name should be: DOOM, Sinister and Associated Lackeys.

DOOM shall always be in capital letters, as befitting someone of my stature.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:54 PM   #97
Tyrith
College Starter

Path, no.

Edited for playing with colors.

Last edited by Tyrith : 01-17-2007 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:55 PM   #98
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The bigger the letters the smaller the powers?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:56 PM   #99
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
So we need to add Spleen too now by bolding him in and him also posting?

I agree having someone else with some form of mental ability might be a nice addition to our team. I fear that although my desire to find my brother's killer is strong, I don't have much to offer in the way of mind abilities.
I am hoping we could add Spleen and another member at hte same time to reduce the number of team forming posts we need.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #100
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I am hoping we could add Spleen and another member at hte same time to reduce the number of team forming posts we need.

Sure, that's not a problem, as long as its obvious all the members want to join the team and you bold it. We just want you to do it this way so we can track things easily.