H
font wolf
MartinD wolf
Vaimes wolf
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:00 PM   #453
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Whatever the truth, kudos for the most intriguing & challenging scenario I've yet to encounter in WW.
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:00 PM   #454
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Crud, nevermind. I need to rethink this whole thing. Forgot about the cultist, adds another layer of possibilities.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:02 PM   #455
Shoveler
High School Varsity

So the question still remains, why did vaimes shoot font.

A. He suspects something about her
B. No idea why he would out himself like that
E. He suspects or knows something about her
G. Same as above.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:04 PM   #456
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Either way I see almost no chance of both font and Vaimes being wolves since the only scenario that would be the case is if they were all wolves.

That would also mean that no chance that font is a wolf if Vaimes is the cultist.

I have thought myself into a confused corner. Adding the cultist really twists possibilities around. I see one Occam's Razor scenario (the way I see it at least) before I realized there is a cultist.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:06 PM   #457
Shoveler
High School Varsity

i dont think the cultist puts themselves in a lynch scenario like this. There is a reasonable chance he doesn't make it to the next night kill based on how we interpret everything.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:09 PM   #458
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
So the question still remains, why did vaimes shoot font.

A. He suspects something about her
B. No idea why he would out himself like that
E. He suspects or knows something about her
G. Same as above.

He also had to be certain he wouldn't die, too. Which means he:

a) just believed font's Duke claim
b) had validation of font's Duke claim
c) knew font was protected so it didn't matter
Old 04-21-2015, 08:14 PM   #459
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post
He also had to be certain he wouldn't die, too. Which means he:

a) just believed font's Duke claim
b) had validation of font's Duke claim
c) knew font was protected so it didn't matter

B is out, vaimes is a hunter and the bully is dead. Only the bully hunter could identify whether font was a duke or hunter.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:17 PM   #460
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I feel better about Vaimes at this point. I see no scenario where a wolf play would be to basically announce their intention in thread that long before making the play.

Liking the new blood we have in these games. The games aren't turning into Excel vote analysis 101.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:23 PM   #461
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
B is out, vaimes is a hunter and the bully is dead. Only the bully hunter could identify whether font was a duke or hunter.

Unless Vaimes and font could communicate. Might have eliminated the Vaimes/font both wolves possibility earlier in analysis, if so I apologize.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:25 PM   #462
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

DOLA, I see the point now. Hunter/Duke kill doesn't kill the Hunter, just outs him. My mistake.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:29 PM   #463
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Let's try to have some organization with our shots and dukings. Don't shoot or duke someone without giving them time to claim and other people time to defend or attack them. I'd prefer if early lynches aren't duked though if you feel you must, try to aim for people who have had a lot of discussion and votes about them. Remember, this is a group game. We can't all be Batman.

I'd prefer to kill Dukes over Hunters toDay and go for a Hunter toMorrow, minor win condition be damned, because Hunters can be lynched if they fail to shoot scum.

Vaimes... is this what tipped you off to font? I don't like the fact that you shot without gaining much additional input. Ballsy move if it worked but now medic is lost.

Martin, can you explain your protect order? Gut read or some other reason?
Old 04-21-2015, 08:35 PM   #464
Autumn
Head Coach

Wow, &#@% is getting real already.

I think simplest assumption is that all are villagers, Vaimes thought he had a read on Font, and was rather sure she was a Duke, so figured there was little risk--it would at least help him with his minor win. You've got to assume there are going to be a handful of "well, this will be fun" moves in this game. Martin had to pick someone, so maybe he just figured Font was a possible target being so vocal, and hinting she was a Duke.

This is not to rule out more nefarious scenarios, but I think we get ourselves in a bad spot if we don't consider the more innocent possibilities. Unfortunately if everyone involved is a villager we have lost out on a shot and a save that could be useful towards endgame, so I hope villagers in general don't insist on making these kind of moves every day.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:36 PM   #465
Autumn
Head Coach

Looking at the JAG kill, I want to look at Cheekimonk today in the vote. JAG was suspicious of cheek and the vote only moved away from him because he wasn't around. The wolves may have figured JAG might be back on him tomorrow.

vote cheekimonk
Old 04-21-2015, 08:38 PM   #466
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Or both are wolves so Vaimes knew the duke claim was real.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:39 PM   #467
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
i dont think the cultist puts themselves in a lynch scenario like this. There is a reasonable chance he doesn't make it to the next night kill based on how we interpret everything.

Well, for a Cultist, getting killed is a win. but I agree that with the possibility of conversoin this cultist is probably going to play it more conservative.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:41 PM   #468
Vaimes
Mascot

fontisian has been ignoring my threats to kill her and I thought it was weird she wasn't even taunting me or anything, she blatantly claimed Duke so I was fairly certain we wouldn't both die, and I get the satisfaction of almost killing her and shutting her up for a bit.

Whee.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:45 PM   #469
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Or both are wolves so Vaimes knew the duke claim was real.

I lean towards Vaimes good. I think the simplest is MartinD and font as wolves (or font wolf and MartinD cultist). Sees Vaimes basically saying that he is going after font and protects her. Just seems like a lot of coincidences to have all three as village.

Finding out MartinD is a huge key here. If he is wolf then we know with absolute certainty that font is a wolf.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:47 PM   #470
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, for a Cultist, getting killed is a win.

I agree with the cultist statement. I know the game that I played the most out there and free was when I was a cultist, knowing that even my death would help my cause.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:47 PM   #471
Raven
College Prospect

The rules say "Only one Hunter kill will be allowed per day."

Since font was not killed, does that mean another Hunter can shoot today?
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:49 PM   #472
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I lean towards Vaimes good. I think the simplest is MartinD and font as wolves (or font wolf and MartinD cultist). Sees Vaimes basically saying that he is going after font and protects her. Just seems like a lot of coincidences to have all three as village.

Finding out MartinD is a huge key here. If he is wolf then we know with absolute certainty that font is a wolf.

I don't know if I'd go so far to absolute, but I suppose I agree, it would be very surprising if a wolf martin was using a protect on a non-wolf duke, unless there were no wolf dukes. Not impossible, but very unlikely.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:56 PM   #473
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Unvote Vaimes
Vote Jackal

Not sure if it is a good idea to keep the votes close with the duking that will most likely start happening.

Anyhow, I'm moving off of Vaimes. I dont see a good reason to sit on him today as he hasn't been around.

Looking back at the voting, this post bugs me. First of all, both Vaimes and jackal hadn't posted in a while (I'll assume Shoveler didn't see Vaimes posts that were just a couple minutes before this). so it seems specious to move because Vaimes isn't around. And this vote was putting Jackal closer to the vote leader, so I'm not sure how that meshes with the comment about not keeping the vote close.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:58 PM   #474
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Meh. This isn't as fun as voting on a fairly blank slate and then having everyone else sort things out. I don't have much of a feeling about any of the leaders but I'm not liking the run on Zinto or how it's suddenly become a two-horse race. Of the three I think Zinto is the best candidate but I'm not enthused at the prospect of his death OR a possible duke to Jackal or Vaimes.

This is also a post i'm not crazy about. I know Narc thinks out loud like me, but this post basically says he doesn't like zinto being pushed in the front, doesn't like jackal being pushed into second, but also doesn't like the idea of Vaimes being duked. Yet he likes Zinto the best. Seems like a lot of dithering without offering any actual candidates.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:59 PM   #475
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
I feel like I'm spinning wheels on D1 again. I originally voted Jackal because he seemed to be posting simply to pad his post count, so I was comfortable leaving my vote on him. Now that he's contributing, I'm not as comfortable leaving it there, so will likely be moving it, but not sure where.

Raven, why did your vote stay on jackal after you read him as good? I agree that he was more active today and likely would have moved my vote if I was around. Just want to see what your thoughts are.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:00 PM   #476
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Anyone up for a last minute run on someone outside of Jackal, Vaimes and Zinto?

Font, I'd love to hear why you thought this was a workable idea.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:06 PM   #477
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Looking back at the voting, this post bugs me. First of all, both Vaimes and jackal hadn't posted in a while (I'll assume Shoveler didn't see Vaimes posts that were just a couple minutes before this). so it seems specious to move because Vaimes isn't around. And this vote was putting Jackal closer to the vote leader, so I'm not sure how that meshes with the comment about not keeping the vote close.

Jackal reads much better based on his posts today than when I read him based on his posts yesterday. I seem to have different reads than others this game but jackal reads good to me.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:09 PM   #478
Autumn
Head Coach

Okay, tried to get a bunch in becuase I may be gone for a while tomorrow. Hopefully that tides y'all over!
Old 04-21-2015, 09:12 PM   #479
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Raven, why did your vote stay on jackal after you read him as good? I agree that he was more active today and likely would have moved my vote if I was around. Just want to see what your thoughts are.

No solid reason other than didn't feel strongly about anyone. Zinto took the lead, but I didn't want to vote for him because he just hosted last game, so I wasn't voting for him. Things escalated on him, so once the last hour came around, changing my vote wouldn't have changed anything.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:13 PM   #480
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

I'm going with this for now. I don't see a lot of time for MartinD to see the threat to font, know that it was serious, and intervene - burning his medic - unless there was coordination with someone.

vote MartinD
Old 04-21-2015, 09:20 PM   #481
Raven
College Prospect

But MartinD is a Duke, so if he's a wolf, he will 100% Duke to a villager. I think we're better off having a hunter shoot him.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:30 PM   #482
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Of course, font is a master baiter.

Quote:
But MartinD is a Duke, so if he's a wolf, he will 100% Duke to a villager. I think we're better off having a hunter shoot him.

I agree and so I'll probably switch when we reason things out tomorrow. But MartinD doesn't know which of us are Dukes so that would still be a risk for him.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:41 AM   #483
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Well that's odd.
Seems a bit random that MartinD chose to watch over Font...
Quote:
Martin, can you explain your protect order? Gut read or some other reason?

That's understandable, as it was random - there isn't much information to go on at this point in the game, so I just picked someone.

Quote:
But MartinD doesn't know which of us are Dukes so that would still be a risk for him.

Wrong - there is one person I know for sure is a Hunter. If I end up on top in today's lynch vote, I duke it to Vaimes. (Of course, that's assuming that no-one else uses their Duke powers - looking at the rules, an 'unknown tiebreaker' will be used if multiple Duke attempts are made.)

I'm not going to be around for most of the day - will check in for a bit around noon Eastern, then hopefully be around for a bit before/after deadline.
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:08 AM   #484
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Weird happenings. Instinct tells me that all that is too much of a coincidence to be all villager but who knows? Shit happens. But I have a hard time believing that Martin just happened to protect Font because of random. Then again we wouldn't think anything of it if Vaimes hadn't targeted Font as we wouldn't know about it.

At the moment I'm wondering if Martin is the cultist. The cultist knows the allegiance of the wolves so he protects the wolf who is a duke (I presume that evil are split 2:2 although that could be completely wrong of course) as that's the closest ally the cultist has.

Ideally we would want to find out what font is as that should give us a good read on Martin and Vaimes. Unfortunately we can't kill font today. I shall have to have a think about it.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:51 AM   #485
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Day One

13:31 #80 timmae votes cheeki (1)
13:36 #81 Vaimes votes font (1)
13:36 #82 Eagle votes timmae (1)
13:37 #85 Martin votes Shoveler (1)
13:37 #85 Vaimes unvotes Font, votes Timmae (2) / Timmae 2
13:40 #89 JAG vote Jackal (1)
13:48 #95 Shoveler votes Vaimes (1)
13:51 #99 Grover votes Narcizo (1)
14:32 #104 Cheeki votes Raven (1)
14:56 #106 Raven votes Jackal (2) / Timmae, Jackal 2
15:08 #108 Narcizo votes Zinto (1)
15:35 #113 Britrock votes Shoveler (2) / Timmae, Jackal, Shoveler 2
15:38 #115 JAG unvotes Jackal (1), votes Raven (1) / Timmae, Shoveler 2
16.51 #134 Jackal votes Grover (1)
18:57 #148 JAG unvotes Raven (0), votes Fonti (1)
20:28 #154 Timmae unvotes cheeki (0), votes Jackal (2) / Timmae, Jackal, Shoveler 2
20:00 #163 Zinto votes Vaimes (2) / Timmae, Jackal, Shoveler, Vaimes 2
22:52 #178 Bug votes Font (2) / Timmae, Jackal, Font, Shoveler, Vaimes 2
07:06 #187 JAG unvotes Fonti (1) / Timmae, Jackal, Shoveler, Vaimes 2
07:37 #190 Cheeki unvotes Raven (0), votes Fonti (2) / Timmae, Jackal, Font, Shoveler; Vaimes 2
08:03 #197 Jag votes cheeki (1)
08:14 #202 Grover unvotes Narc (0), votes Fonti (3) / Font 3, Timmae, Jackal, Shoveler, Vaimes 2
09:32 #210 Font votes Grover (2) / Font 3, Timmae, Jackal, Grover, Shoveler, Vaimes 2
10:09 #229 Jackal unvotes Grover (1) / Font 3, Timmae, Jackal, Shoveler, Vaimes 2
10:27 #237 Jackal votes timmae (3) / Font, Timmae 3, Jackal, Shoveler, Vaimes 2
11:54 #264 Autumn votes cheeki (2) / Font, Timmae 3, Jackal, Shoveler, cheeki, Vaimes 2
11:55 #268 Grover unvotes Font (2), votes Martin (1) / Timmae 3, Font, Jackal, Shoveler, Cheeki, Vaimes 2
12.07 #276 Jackal unvotes timmae (2) / Timmae, Font, Jackal, Shoveler, Cheeki, Vaimes 2
12:31 #283 Jackal votes Zinto (2) / Timmae, Font, Jackal, Shoveler, Cheeki, Zinto, Vaimes 2
12:40 #293 Cheeki unvotes Font (1), votes Vaimes (3) / Vaimes 3, Timmae, Jackal, Shoveler, Cheeki, Zinto 2
14:08 #310 Grover unvotes Martin (0)
14:15 #312 Vaimes unvotes Timmae, votes Zinto (3) / Vaimes, Zinto 3, Jackal, Shoveler, Cheeki 2
14:17 #316 JAG unvotes cheeki (1), votes Zinto (4) / Zinto 4, Vaimes 3, Jackal, Shoveler 2
14:18 #317 Britrock unvotes Shoveler (1), votes Jackal (3) / Zinto 4, Vaimes, Jackal 3
14:21 #321 Fonti unvotes Grover (1), votes Zinto (5) / Zinto 5, Vaimes, Jackal 3
14:26 #326 Grover votes Zinto (6) / Zinto 6, Jackal , Vaimes 3
14:26 #327 Shoveler unvotes Vaimes (2), votes Jackal (4) / Zinto 5, Jackal 4, Vaimes 2
14:59 #343 Autumn unvotes Cheeki (0), votes Zinto (7) / Zinto 7, Jackal 4, Vaimes 2
15:37 #363 Zinto unvotes Vaimes (1) / Zinto 7, Jackal 4

Zinto (7)-- Narcizo (108), The Jackal (283), Vaimes (312), JAG (316), fontisian (321), Grover (326), Autumn (343)
The Jackal (5)-- Raven (106), timmae (154), britrock88 (317), Shoveler (327), MartinD (358)
Vaimes (1)-- cheekimonk (293)
timmae (1)-- EagleFan (82)
fontisian (1)-- MrBug708 (178)
Old 04-22-2015, 05:00 AM   #486
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

People better check that for fail as it's kind of hard to do. Urgh! I've already seen that I missed Martin's vote on #358.

I think we're seeing the result of the early deadline. It seemed like we were hamstrung by the fact that we couldn't risk getting a new target later on because of the fear that said target would have a power role and wouldn't be around to reveal. I think that's something we will have to address. I particularly don't like the way that timmae faded from contention because of his unavailability. (I've probably benefited from the same argument in the past but I still don't like it).

If Jackal or Vaimes are wolf then you would want to look at the later Zinto voters. If, as I suspect, all are villager then I don't really know how much you can read into things.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:04 AM   #487
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Day One

13:31 #80 timmae votes cheeki (1)
13:36 #81 Vaimes votes font (1)
13:36 #82 Eagle votes timmae (1)
13:37 #85 Martin votes Shoveler (1)
13:37 #85 Vaimes unvotes Font, votes Timmae (2) / Timmae 2
13:40 #89 JAG vote Jackal (1)
13:48 #95 Shoveler votes Vaimes (1)
13:51 #99 Grover votes Narcizo (1)
14:32 #104 Cheeki votes Raven (1)
14:56 #106 Raven votes Jackal (2) / Timmae, Jackal 2
15:08 #108 Narcizo votes Zinto (1)
15:35 #113 Britrock votes Shoveler (2) / Timmae, Jackal, Shoveler 2
15:38 #115 JAG unvotes Jackal (1), votes Raven (1) / Timmae, Shoveler 2
16.51 #134 Jackal votes Grover (1)
18:57 #148 JAG unvotes Raven (0), votes Fonti (1)
20:28 #154 Timmae unvotes cheeki (0), votes Jackal (2) / Timmae, Jackal, Shoveler 2
20:00 #163 Zinto votes Vaimes (2) / Timmae, Jackal, Shoveler, Vaimes 2
22:52 #178 Bug votes Font (2) / Timmae, Jackal, Font, Shoveler, Vaimes 2
07:06 #187 JAG unvotes Fonti (1) / Timmae, Jackal, Shoveler, Vaimes 2
07:37 #190 Cheeki unvotes Raven (0), votes Fonti (2) / Timmae, Jackal, Font, Shoveler; Vaimes 2
08:03 #197 Jag votes cheeki (1)
08:14 #202 Grover unvotes Narc (0), votes Fonti (3) / Font 3, Timmae, Jackal, Shoveler, Vaimes 2
09:32 #210 Font votes Grover (2) / Font 3, Timmae, Jackal, Grover, Shoveler, Vaimes 2
10:09 #229 Jackal unvotes Grover (1) / Font 3, Timmae, Jackal, Shoveler, Vaimes 2
10:27 #237 Jackal votes timmae (3) / Font, Timmae 3, Jackal, Shoveler, Vaimes 2
11:54 #264 Autumn votes cheeki (2) / Font, Timmae 3, Jackal, Shoveler, cheeki, Vaimes 2
11:55 #268 Grover unvotes Font (2), votes Martin (1) / Timmae 3, Font, Jackal, Shoveler, Cheeki, Vaimes 2
12.07 #276 Jackal unvotes timmae (2) / Timmae, Font, Jackal, Shoveler, Cheeki, Vaimes 2
12:31 #283 Jackal votes Zinto (2) / Timmae, Font, Jackal, Shoveler, Cheeki, Zinto, Vaimes 2
12:40 #293 Cheeki unvotes Font (1), votes Vaimes (3) / Vaimes 3, Timmae, Jackal, Shoveler, Cheeki, Zinto 2
14:08 #310 Grover unvotes Martin (0)
14:15 #312 Vaimes unvotes Timmae, votes Zinto (3) / Vaimes, Zinto 3, Jackal, Shoveler, Cheeki 2
14:17 #316 JAG unvotes cheeki (1), votes Zinto (4) / Zinto 4, Vaimes 3, Jackal, Shoveler 2
14:18 #317 Britrock unvotes Shoveler (1), votes Jackal (3) / Zinto 4, Vaimes, Jackal 3
14:21 #321 Fonti unvotes Grover (1), votes Zinto (5) / Zinto 5, Vaimes, Jackal 3
14:26 #326 Grover votes Zinto (6) / Zinto 6, Jackal , Vaimes 3
14:26 #327 Shoveler unvotes Vaimes (2), votes Jackal (4) / Zinto 5, Jackal 4, Vaimes 2
14:59 #343 Autumn unvotes Cheeki (0), votes Zinto (7) / Zinto 7, Jackal 4, Vaimes 2
15:52 #358 Martin unvotes Shoveler (0), votes Jackal (5) /Zinto 7, Jackal 5, Vaimes 2
15:57 #363 Zinto unvotes Vaimes (1) / Zinto 7, Jackal 4

Zinto (7)-- Narcizo (108), The Jackal (283), Vaimes (312), JAG (316), fontisian (321), Grover (326), Autumn (343)
The Jackal (5)-- Raven (106), timmae (154), britrock88 (317), Shoveler (327), MartinD (358)
Vaimes (1)-- cheekimonk (293)
timmae (1)-- EagleFan (82)
fontisian (1)-- MrBug708 (178)
Old 04-22-2015, 05:10 AM   #488
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
This is also a post i'm not crazy about. I know Narc thinks out loud like me, but this post basically says he doesn't like zinto being pushed in the front, doesn't like jackal being pushed into second, but also doesn't like the idea of Vaimes being duked. Yet he likes Zinto the best. Seems like a lot of dithering without offering any actual candidates.

I freely admit that its a post that has zero value for the village. Then again it has less than zero value for me if I'm a wolf. I'm not used to actually being around during deadline so I didn't really know how to approach the situation of what seemed to be Zinto's likely villagerness.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:19 AM   #489
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

This bit is kind of interesting. Were I a village medic there's no way that I would protect a random on day two. So, to me, that looks like the work of someone on the baddy side. However I recognise that people don't always think in the same way as I do and that a lot of people don't like to leave a power without using it. So I'm interested in what other people think.

Point 2 of interestingness. Do we automatically not vote for someone we know is a duke because we know that they could shift the vote? I'm kind of thinking that we vote for the person we're most suspicious of and see how they react if they are a duke. If a bad guy knows he's going to be day killed the next day then he's likely to duke the vote anyway, just to mess around with the village.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:20 AM   #490
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD
Wrong - there is one person I know for sure is a Hunter. If I end up on top in today's lynch vote, I duke it to Vaimes. (Of course, that's assuming that no-one else uses their Duke powers - looking at the rules, an 'unknown tiebreaker' will be used if multiple Duke attempts are made.)

True. But I don't feel good about either of you. Vaimes could have known font was protected which means you would all have to be wolves (I think we've eliminated that possibility for now), or Vaimes could have telegraphed his shot so someone would protect font (which would HAVE to put font and Vaimes in contact with each other).

It is a factor to consider, but I wanted to get a vote on the board before I went to bed to capture my initial impression.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:33 AM   #491
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaimes View Post
fontisian has been ignoring my threats to kill her and I thought it was weird she wasn't even taunting me or anything, she blatantly claimed Duke so I was fairly certain we wouldn't both die, and I get the satisfaction of almost killing her and shutting her up for a bit.

Whee.

Blatantly claimed Duke? Did I miss that bit? To me she was claiming to be a hunter in order to put pressure on people. Can you post the bit where she claimed duke please.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:37 AM   #492
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Blatantly claimed Duke? Did I miss that bit? To me she was claiming to be a hunter in order to put pressure on people. Can you post the bit where she claimed duke please.

Well, that could be damning. If font didn't claim Duke (nobody disputed Vaimes' post, so I was assuming she did...playing catchup as I was) then Vaimes and font were sure as hell communicating. No way he attempts a kill on another Hunter unless he's 100% certain she's protected.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:54 AM   #493
Grover
Pro Starter

Morning guys! Catching up on all I missed from 5PM - on last night. Will post thoughts at some point.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:01 AM   #494
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Cool.

I am become death, destroyer of worlds.

My goal this game is to be responsible for the death of someone. Luckily, that probably be very easy.

Quote:
Let's try to have some organization with our shots and dukings. Don't shoot or duke someone without giving them time to claim and other people time to defend or attack them. I'd prefer if early lynches aren't duked though if you feel you must, try to aim for people who have had a lot of discussion and votes about them. Remember, this is a group game. We can't all be Batman.

I'd prefer to kill Dukes over Hunters toDay and go for a Hunter toMorrow, minor win condition be damned, because Hunters can be lynched if they fail to shoot scum.

Quote:
Can I ask why the role of the person duked to (beyond their alignment, obviously) matters? Why is duking to a village hunter more suspicious than duking to a village duke?

Quote:
Even if a village duke kills themself and another village duke, if they're both people under a lot of suspicious, that saves us time and let's us do vote analysis the next Day. I don't see the issue.

Quote:
How exactly would it give cover for "random duking"?

Quote:
Nah, Vaimes is town, as per usual.

Quote:
Nothing stuck out to me until that post of yours and timmae's most recent post. I'll make a serious vote when I have a serious vote to make.

Explain your other points, then. How exactly would my strategy risk offing a town power role?

Quote:
It's unusual for you to miss an important detail like that when you're voting.

Quote:
Is there any merit to having everyone claim Hunter or Duke? It prevents scum from accidentally shooting into the people that hurt them, but it also allows us to better organize town shots/dukes (and there are more of those).

Quote:
I've actually got town reads on Vaimes, Jackal, Cheeki and Narc, do let's not lynch in that group.

There's a good chance JAG is scum, but I'm going to give him a break for toDay and see if he turns out useful.

Vote Grover
Hi. Your vote is weak. This is your chance to justify it better.

Quote:
Oh, timmae's also on the possible scum I'm watching but would feel bad (but not that bad) about lynching for his tryhardiness.

Quote:
Grover: 1. Vaimes is a close friend irl.
2. I've had just a strong a townread on him last game.

Quote:
If you're going to talk to me, then talk to me.

I'm confident enough in my town reads to state them and try to give them some protection toDay. That's a pretty low bar. What precisely is your issue with it?

More to the point, why exactly are you unvoting Grover when his vote is based on something that did not bother him in the past couple ganes?

Quote:
No, you clearly haven't.

If you really have a problem with my ability to read Vaimes, why didn't you say something in any of our prior games?

Quote:
Unvote
Vote Zinto

Quote:
Hey Zinto, if you're a duke, duke to Grover please.

Quote:
Anyone up for a last minute run on someone outside of Jackal, Vaimes and Zinto?

Quote:
Randomly.

Why exactly do you want to know?

Quote:
Grover, give me a good reason not to kill you now.

Quote:
Never mind, I actually kind of want to shoot Shoveler instead.

Shoveler, what are you doing?

Quote:
Among other things. Why are you analyzing the odds like that?

Think this is all of font's posts thus far into the game.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:15 AM   #495
timmae
College Starter

vote martind

His protection of font is very questionable. If anyone thinks he is good I am certain he will not be able to duke due to the peacemaker. The laser scope could affect his protect order and duke/hunter but I think that is unlikely. I would like to hear others thoughts on this though as we may not want to deal with the martin situation with his lynch today.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:24 AM   #496
Grover
Pro Starter

So clearly font was threatening to kill me if I didn't give her a reason otherwise.

Vaimes clearly has a thought or read on her, that's my assumption on why he attempted to kill her.

MartinD really confounds me. I don't get the protection order on font. I would certainly like to know more.

Right now I'm putting a vote on...

vote cheekimonki

I find it very hard that he can buy into the story that MartinD is the medic AND a wolf. The outcome is so small, I can't see it happening here. If anything, MartinD is a villager. Vaimes and font are still completely questionable.

Placing a vote here now, but as always, subject to change.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:34 AM   #497
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
vote martind

His protection of font is very questionable. If anyone thinks he is good I am certain he will not be able to duke due to the peacemaker. The laser scope could affect his protect order and duke/hunter but I think that is unlikely. I would like to hear others thoughts on this though as we may not want to deal with the martin situation with his lynch today.

Peacemaker using their power results in a no-lynch I think, although it's not transparent. Not the most fantastic of results for the village.

[b]Chief - if a peacemaker uses his power
a) does it result in a no-lynch even if no-one dukes?
b) is the identity of the duke who tried to move the vote revealed?
c) is it used up even if no-one tries to duke?
Old 04-22-2015, 07:35 AM   #498
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Gah! Bold fail.

Chief - if a peacemaker uses his power
a) does it result in a no-lynch even if no-one dukes?
b) is the identity of the duke who tried to move the vote revealed?
c) is it used up even if no-one tries to duke?
Old 04-22-2015, 07:35 AM   #499
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If we go MartinD and allow him to duke we find out about the three wolf theory. If he doesn't duke to Vaimes it gives the three wolf theory some traction.

The problem is that in my mind at least the most likely scenarios have Vaimes as village.

Going in to work in a moment. Will get online at lunch to post, hopefully on the laptop (hate doing this phone posting).