Old 01-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #2601
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Who do you think they are, then?

SPIDER-MAN

I believe the Horseman to be:

Deadpool -- he attacked Doom without reason on day one, and has consistantly picked the wrong person

Moon Knight -- he is lying about the night action.

Gambit -- VERY under the radar. Just following the flow

Cannonball -- also very under the radar.

and Venom is Apocalypse.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #2602
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I am not the one deleting posts when you know that is a big no-no in WW. You then go all ape shit when a moderator calls you out on. Why would you have so much incentive to delete that post?

Incentive, nothing. My energy totals have been off because of math mistakes the last two nights (note: they've been too HIGH). I realized I had posted an action that required more energy than I had available. Rather than be the cause of another math error, I deleted, posted my reasons for doing so, and moved on.

As for going apeshit, I've told both hoops and Tyrith that I resented the tone he took with me for that. I screwed up, and I admit it, and I've had conversations with both of them about that as well.

Believe me, I would have liked nothing better than to use that action on you.

Now, dammit, I have 7 minutes to shower before I leave. I hope my explanation meets with your satisfaction.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:24 PM   #2603
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Perhaps all the vouching is miscalculated. Would the wolves be able to hide this? Probably. I am not saying Sack Attack is evil, I am just suspecting him. Can you tell me why Sinister visited a guy he vouched for the previous day. Does that add up?

Who knows? Maybe he was going to do something to allow X to be an actual seer instead of a partial one. Maybe he was there to set up something that would allow them to communicate. I don't know, but just because he went back is not a damning act in my book.

SPIDER-MAN
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #2604
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We don't know why Sinister went back, but he vouched for the Professor before he died. And since Sinister was good, I don't see how that can be used against X.

SPIDER-MAN

Perhaps the horsemen have some sort of anti-seer mechanism? Sinister knew about this and that is why he went back?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:25 PM   #2605
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post

Deadpool -- he attacked Doom without reason on day one, and has consistantly picked the wrong person

and Venom is Apocalypse.

Gambit was vouched for by the Professor today as one of the 12.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-23-2007, 04:26 PM   #2606
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

(Silver Surfer)

Doom, do you have proof of this? That whole scenario just strikes me as odd also.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:27 PM   #2607
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Perhaps the horsemen have some sort of anti-seer mechanism? Sinister knew about this and that is why he went back?

If he knew and didn't tell us then he royally screwed us over.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #2608
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Now, dammit, I have 7 minutes to shower before I leave. I hope my explanation meets with your satisfaction.

It is still a big no-no for deleting posts. Was the post ever restored? It is a disadvantage for us not to be able to read that post.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #2609
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If he knew and didn't tell us then he royally screwed us over.

SPIDER-MAN

It would not be the first mistake made in a WW game. Professor X comes out and posts how we was attacked (and it just happened to be the guy that dies that night - coincidence?) and that guy ends up dead. Then he says how he misread and then kept adding and adding to that story and yet he gets away with very little suspicion?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:33 PM   #2610
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Could blade be lying to gain him and ntndeacon some creditability?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:34 PM   #2611
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

and Venom is Apocalypse.

I believe that if you combine our lists, that should give us a good starting point as to who the horsemen are. The only issue is weeding through the nine or so candidates.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:34 PM   #2612
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Gambit was vouched for by the Professor today as one of the 12.

SPIDER-MAN

(Wolverine)

Though technically, Prof could be vouching for a fellow Horseman.

Doesn anyone remember if Sinister just kind of trusted Prof or totally trusted the Professor (ie, he used a power to determine)?

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #2613
WVUFAN
College Starter

Doom did not read that Professor X had vouched for Gambit. Perhaps Doom should revise his opinion.

As for Moon Knight -- his reasoning for attacking the Horseman is in question. Why her? Did he just pick her at random and get lucky? Doom thinks not.

Doom is very doubtful over the affair.
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #2614
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
It would not be the first mistake made in a WW game. Professor X comes out and posts how we was attacked (and it just happened to be the guy that dies that night - coincidence?) and that guy ends up dead. Then he says how he misread and then kept adding and adding to that story and yet he gets away with very little suspicion?

If X was responsible for killing Sinister, why would he come out and say Sinister attacked him before the results were announced? Why draw that attention to himself?

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #2615
Bonegavel

Quote:
Could blade be lying to gain him and ntndeacon some creditability?

(Wolverine)

But Mandarin (ntdeacon) killed a horseman. Does he need more credibility?

Old 01-23-2007, 04:36 PM   #2616
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
It is still a big no-no for deleting posts. Was the post ever restored? It is a disadvantage for us not to be able to read that post.

Ardent quoted it, so it should still be readable on page...52, whatever the page # is that's one page previous to this one.

All I did was give Doom a one-liner ("Try again, Doom."), and redirect his energy attack from me to you. That's it. Unfortunately (both for me and for the side of good), I didn't have enough energy to actually do that. We've already been over the math stuff.

I'm out of the shower, and my work clothes will be dry in 60 seconds (at which point I'm boogeying my ass down to work.

Juggernaut and Doom, guys. Those're my two top candidates for evil. I'm throwing that out there because I won't be back before deadline.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:37 PM   #2617
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian View Post
Dr. Doom, while your logic behind this is excellent, I am extremely confident that Charles is not a Horseman. After much research in the field of mutanagenic genes, and judging from samples of his, it is highly unlikely that Apocolypse has corrupted him

Here is Sinister's vouch for X.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-23-2007, 04:39 PM   #2618
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
(Wolverine)

But Mandarin (ntdeacon) killed a horseman. Does he need more credibility?

That has only been validated by Moon Knight and disputed by Doom.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:39 PM   #2619
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian View Post
Hmm, I see this evening has already proved eventful, without any true action occuring. Here are my thoughts:

1. Xavier is the only person I trust in this game. As I stated, I know more than anyone about mutants and their genes, and if Charles was Apocalypse, I would have noticed a difference in the samples.

(Silver Surfer) Here is where Sinister vouches for Prof X. Sounds pretty sure to me.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #2620
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Here is Sinister's vouch for X.

SPIDER-MAN

So he vouched for him twice.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:41 PM   #2621
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If X was responsible for killing Sinister, why would he come out and say Sinister attacked him before the results were announced? Why draw that attention to himself?

SPIDER-MAN

I have a feeling the horsemen got their wires crossed somewhere. Perhaps he was supposed to announce someone else? Professor X, even at this point, had been vouched for. He had some creditability and maybe he was trying to get another member of the 12 killed that day?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:41 PM   #2622
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Ardent has quoted the deleted post in #2567. I'll ask Barkeep if he is able to recover the deleted post when I see him, using his moderator black magic.

I've spoken with all parties involved. No one was trying to gain an advantage here - drawing attention through illegal WW actions is not a winning formula no matter what team you are on. It was an honest mistake and should be treated as such.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:42 PM   #2623
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

If he was so confident in vouching for him, then why did he validate for him again?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:42 PM   #2624
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I would take that as a completely solid vouch. I don't understand anyone thinking otherwise.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-23-2007, 04:45 PM   #2625
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
If he was so confident in vouching for him, then why did he validate for him again?

Why are you questioning the actions of a KNOWN GOOD GUY? It's one thing to doubt Sinister's actions if he's still alive and unknown, but we know he was good. All you are doing now is digging a deeper grave.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-23-2007, 04:49 PM   #2626
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hulk, you should consider an attack on Professor X. go back and ask yourself why Sinister would visit Professor X two nights in a row. There is not a logical explanation of that. Perhaps if we both pound on Professor X, we will rid ourselves of one of the horsemen.

(Mathemanic)
Is that really what you mean? If there is not a logical explanation, then it lends itself to concluding neither that the Professor is good nor that the Professor is bad. You seem to be arguing, rather, that it must logically mean that the Professor is bad. Can you perhaps elucidate your exact reasoning?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:49 PM   #2627
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Ardent has quoted the deleted post in #2567. I'll ask Barkeep if he is able to recover the deleted post when I see him, using his moderator black magic.

I've spoken with all parties involved. No one was trying to gain an advantage here - drawing attention through illegal WW actions is not a winning formula no matter what team you are on. It was an honest mistake and should be treated as such.
Post will be undeleted. As always I'm happy to use my black magic to assist GMs when and where possible. As always it's great to be gone and come back and find that our own ability to cool down prevails. It's why I love the WW community.

~Barkeep49, Your Friendly WW Moderator
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:51 PM   #2628
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why are you questioning the actions of a KNOWN GOOD GUY? It's one thing to doubt Sinister's actions if he's still alive and unknown, but we know he was good. All you are doing now is digging a deeper grave.

SPIDER-MAN

Yes he was good, but why did he visit him twice if he was so confident of his vouch? You can not answer that and therefore, I think you need to throw the vouch out the window.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:51 PM   #2629
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:

and Venom is Apocalypse.

(Mathemanic)
Please elaborate on Moon Knight.

And your grouping cannot be correct, because the Professor has claimed that Gambit is one of the twelve. If you believe that Gambit is one of the four remaining, then the Professor must be as well, or there must be some reason that he is mistaken.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 01-23-2007, 04:52 PM   #2630
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

and Venom is Apocalypse.

(Cannonball)

"Here Ah thought you were so smart, Mr. Doom. Care to explain then why Ah was attacked by five people on day 1 if Ah was one of the Horsemen or Apocalypse? Five people who are still alive mind you. Two of which are on your list, Moon Knight and Gambit. And Ah have not been under the radar. I've been quiet today because I've been very busy, but no one can say that I've not otherwise been contributing to the discussion. Ah begin to wonder what some of these other people are saying about you is right after all."
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:53 PM   #2631
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes he was good, but why did he visit him twice if he was so confident of his vouch? You can not answer that and therefore, I think you need to throw the vouch out the window.
I think that it's likely that Sinister could do more than just scan, or else got progressively better scans the more times he visited.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:53 PM   #2632
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

(Silver Surfer) We don't actually know why he was there, and unfortunately he's not around to clear that question up. However, the fact that he did vouch for Prof X twice leads me to think that there are better avenues you could be pursuing other than this one. Like the question that remains for me which is why there were apparently four people plus Apocalypse all around Marvels' house last night and for what purpose?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #2633
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
(Mathemanic)
Is that really what you mean? If there is not a logical explanation, then it lends itself to concluding neither that the Professor is good nor that the Professor is bad. You seem to be arguing, rather, that it must logically mean that the Professor is bad. Can you perhaps elucidate your exact reasoning?

My exact reasoning has been outlined several times. Why did professor come out and say that he was attacked by a man who was already dead. Did Professor X kill him when he came to his house? Probably.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #2634
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I would take that as a completely solid vouch. I don't understand anyone thinking otherwise.

SPIDER-MAN

(Silver Surfer)

We are agreed on this, Spiderman.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:55 PM   #2635
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:

(Mathemanic)
But that's not entirely right... nobody else has claimed the kill. If Mandarin is truly not the one whose singular action killed Captain Marvel, then someone else knows that yet has kept silent, and there is no reason why that should be the case that would involve Mandarin being bad.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:57 PM   #2636
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
(Silver Surfer) We don't actually know why he was there, and unfortunately he's not around to clear that question up. However, the fact that he did vouch for Prof X twice leads me to think that there are better avenues you could be pursuing other than this one. Like the question that remains for me which is why there were apparently four people plus Apocalypse all around Marvels' house last night and for what purpose?

That is a very good question as well.

Also has anyone had any visits from Professor X? Gambit?
Old 01-23-2007, 04:58 PM   #2637
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
My exact reasoning has been outlined several times. Why did professor come out and say that he was attacked by a man who was already dead. Did Professor X kill him when he came to his house? Probably.

(Mathemanic)

Humor me and outline it again.

At the moment, you're arguing subsequent events based on the premise that the Professor is bad. Sure, if he's bad, then it's possible that Sinister was killed by the Professor subsequent to the visit, but you still haven't shown how the second visit, in the face of Sinister's own statement that the Professor could be trusted, somehow shows the Professor to be bad.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:58 PM   #2638
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Is there a crowd that's still suspicious of Spiderman? I know I am and would consider looking that way for an attack today.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:58 PM   #2639
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
(Mathemanic)
But that's not entirely right... nobody else has claimed the kill. If Mandarin is truly not the one whose singular action killed Captain Marvel, then someone else knows that yet has kept silent, and there is no reason why that should be the case that would involve Mandarin being bad.

Doom needs to come forward and explain himself then.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:01 PM   #2640
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
(Mathemanic)

Humor me and outline it again.

At the moment, you're arguing subsequent events based on the premise that the Professor is bad. Sure, if he's bad, then it's possible that Sinister was killed by the Professor subsequent to the visit, but you still haven't shown how the second visit, in the face of Sinister's own statement that the Professor could be trusted, somehow shows the Professor to be bad.

My point is why did Professor come out and say Sinister tried to attack him and then Sinister is the one who wound up dead. Does that not trouble you?

If Professor X is vouching for people, then he is saying he has some sort of seer abilities. If someone has received a night visit from Professor X, then I will consider backing off. Otherwise, I believe him to be bad.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:02 PM   #2641
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Professor X vouched for Gambit. Did he vouch for anyone else?
Old 01-23-2007, 05:03 PM   #2642
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Also has anyone had any visits from Professor X? Gambit?

I don't believe that's how X works. His is a mental power so he doesn't have to physically visit people (especially since he doesn't know who the 12 are beforehand).

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-23-2007, 05:03 PM   #2643
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Also if Professor X is a seer and he is good, then why is he alive right now?
Old 01-23-2007, 05:05 PM   #2644
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
My point is why did Professor come out and say Sinister tried to attack him and then Sinister is the one who wound up dead. Does that not trouble you?

If Professor X is vouching for people, then he is saying he has some sort of seer abilities. If someone has received a night visit from Professor X, then I will consider backing off. Otherwise, I believe him to be bad.

X didn't know that Sinister was good when he posted that. It was before we found out that Sinister was dead. From the way he described it (Sinister coming after him with a needle and saying they could work together), it would sound evil to me, too.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-23-2007, 05:06 PM   #2645
Bonegavel

Quote:

Mandarin said he did it. ??

Old 01-23-2007, 05:07 PM   #2646
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Also if Professor X is a seer and he is good, then why is he alive right now?

Maybe because you needed someone to try to divert the attention to?

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-23-2007, 05:08 PM   #2647
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Is there a crowd that's still suspicious of Spiderman? I know I am and would consider looking that way for an attack today.

Interesting.

SPIDER-MAN
Old 01-23-2007, 05:11 PM   #2648
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Have I forgotten someone who's vouched for you today that hadn't yesterday Spidey?
Old 01-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #2649
Bonegavel

(Wolverine)

I thing that I've noticed is that we've killed a lot so far, but we haven't killed any of the non 12 or non 5 (the oddball 8).

Anyone get a deep look at the folks leading charges against those that have died? You'd think we should've killed an Oddball 8 by now.

Old 01-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #2650
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Have I forgotten someone who's vouched for you today that hadn't yesterday Spidey?

Nobody has vouched for me.

SPIDER-MAN