Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2007, 04:05 PM   #3051
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

(Mathemanic)

Same as for Captain Marvel, it'd be an unusual choice for the horsemen to cannibalize their own. They lose one of their own precious night attacks, as well as the opportunity cost that we would have to expend in killing Doom. The gain is a measure of trust, and the question is, is that worth the cost to them?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:07 PM   #3052
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Post #1688.

Yes, and ardent said a few times he trusted WVUfan. Look how that turned out. If Talgain trusted DT, why go to him on night two with a needle(which would draw blood, and do what he says he already did night one..though he never said he actually did it night one). I dont understand the night two visit with the needle if he trusted DT like he said he did
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:08 PM   #3053
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
(Mathemanic)

Same as for Captain Marvel, it'd be an unusual choice for the horsemen to cannibalize their own. They lose one of their own precious night attacks, as well as the opportunity cost that we would have to expend in killing Doom. The gain is a measure of trust, and the question is, is that worth the cost to them?

Thats what im deciding. Wolverine is now in the atlantic alliance, and the i highly doubt this new super group will attack their own.

I really dont have any evidence, just explaining why i dont think i want to be apart of the alliance for the time being. People have proven over and over this game they dont like attacking team members, so i wanted the alliance to be a group i fully trusted. It no longer is, and as such i dont think i can join for the time being
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #3054
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I can clear X tonight.

That would go a long way to gathering more support.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #3055
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Thats what im deciding. Wolverine is now in the atlantic alliance, and the i highly doubt this new super group will attack their own.

I really dont have any evidence, just explaining why i dont think i want to be apart of the alliance for the time being. People have proven over and over this game they dont like attacking team members, so i wanted the alliance to be a group i fully trusted. It no longer is, and as such i dont think i can join for the time being

Fair enough, hopefully we'll see you in the alliance once these heroes are cleared.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #3056
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
My current thought is doom was the night kill

(Wolverine)

Interesting theory and I do admit to be alarmed that evil didn't make a kill last night. However, it is most likely that they may have wanted it this way to cast doubt on any night kills that did occur (I as much alluded to my actions prior to the night cycle).

Evil is probably scrambling around trying to figure out what each of them has said about whom and trying to figure out the best of us to put down without raising suspicion regarding their own past comments. Then let last night go by and let a good guy get a kill and then be put into the spotlight (though I didn't see it this way at first as I was figuring this gave me immunity from doubt).

It is a little disturbing for you to accuse this, however, since you appear to be a watcher. Could this be the first signs of an attack on me by evil?

Since I'm not sure if I'm one of the 12 or not (I could just be one of the Oddball 8), I would gladly slice off my head with my claws if I thought it would help the team. The mods didn't seem too keen on that the last time Wolvie was in a Rage, but maybe my death my be of some help to the good side?

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #3057
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
(Mathemanic)

(Silver Surfer)

Let's put it this way -- I highly doubt that both the kills on Doom and Marvel are by the bad guys, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit to find that one of them were.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #3058
Blade6119
Coordinator

Sack, you have been visiting with X(he hinted as much). Can you clear him? I trust you for the most part through ardent, so if you can give me a yes, i can 100% clear him ill drop it.

My point was more about wolverine, but ill take either one being cleared
Demotivation
Old 01-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #3059
Schmidty
Coordinator

HULK JUST WAKE UP AND NEEDS TO FIND FOOD. HULK WON'T HAVE TIME TO SEE WHO TO SMASH FOR A WHILE!!!
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:12 PM   #3060
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, and ardent said a few times he trusted WVUfan. Look how that turned out. If Talgain trusted DT, why go to him on night two with a needle(which would draw blood, and do what he says he already did night one..though he never said he actually did it night one). I dont understand the night two visit with the needle if he trusted DT like he said he did

(Silver Surfer)

The request was to find the post number. I never said I agree with it. I do think that Professor X started good, but I am apparently in the minority that think there is a conversion at play here. I do not feel that a clear on day 1 means anything now.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #3061
Blade6119
Coordinator

DT, WOLVERINE

Can i get both of you to make this comment in thread:

I started off on the side of good, i am still on the side of good, my victory conditions do not lie in any way on the side of apocolypse, and i am 100% against the horsemen and apoc.
Demotivation
Old 01-24-2007, 04:15 PM   #3062
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi View Post

Fair enough, hopefully we'll see you in the alliance once these heroes are cleared.

(Silver Surfer)

Clear how? I infer from what Daredevil says that he can clear one statement. So he can clear one of you. For now. Anyone earlier than that is fair game if there has been a conversion. As a matter of fact, the more trusted someone is seen the more likely it is that would be the target to convert, no?
Old 01-24-2007, 04:16 PM   #3063
Blade6119
Coordinator

Id love to see barkeep and the other uncleareds make that post too, as they should have nothing to be afriad of admitting such a thing
Demotivation
Old 01-24-2007, 04:16 PM   #3064
Schmidty
Coordinator

BEFORE HULK GO, HULK WANTS TO ASK FRIENDS TO TEST HULK, BECAUSE IS NOT LYING. HULK DOES NOT EVEN KNOW HOW TO LIE!!!

TEST HULK. YOU WILL ALL SEE THAT HULK IS NOT BAD.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:19 PM   #3065
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Id love to see barkeep and the other uncleareds make that post too, as they should have nothing to be afriad of admitting such a thing

(Silver Surfer)

And you should do so also.

I started off on the side of good, I am still on the side of good, my victory conditions do not lie in any way on the side of apocolypse, and i am 100% against the horsemen and apoc.

The Surfer has nothing to hide.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:19 PM   #3066
Bonegavel

(Wolverine)

If this helps with one of your powers, have at it.

I started off on the side of good, i am still on the side of good, my victory conditions do not lie in any way on the side of apocolypse, and i am 100% against the horsemen and apoc.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:21 PM   #3067
Blade6119
Coordinator

Demotivation
Old 01-24-2007, 04:22 PM   #3068
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

(Mathemanic)
I've already stated that I am neither Apocalypse nor a horseman, and I stand by that. Since you are asking, I do not have special victory conditions, nor any other sympathies for Apocalypse or the horsemen.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 01-24-2007, 04:23 PM   #3069
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
(Wolverine)

If this helps with one of your powers, have at it.

Not with mine, but with ardents it does. He asked me to do this while hes at basketball, so i am. He is still technically interrogating me, until the deadline today when he starts with someone else.
Demotivation
Old 01-24-2007, 04:24 PM   #3070
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

(Gambit)

"Daredevil I welcome you to the Alliance as the person to second your nomination. I am on the side of good, I just thought there was many too many offering oaths to good, to be quite redundant...I am avowed against Apoc and his remaining horsemen."

Invite Daredevil to Atlantic Alliance
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:27 PM   #3071
hoopsguy
General Manager

And Daredevil is in the Atlantic Alliance, which now numbers six. Team report in a sec.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:27 PM   #3072
Bonegavel

(Wolverine)

It is still an interesting question to pose regarding the 2 horsemen we have already dispatched: would evil kill their own to help protect themselves?

Again, I know without question that my kill doesn't fit that category since I'm not evil.

Mandarin, now, falls into the "safe" kill of a fellow horseman to throw us off. I could believe this and I'll bet that my off'ing of Doom threw them for a slight loop and that they weren't expecting him to go so soon after Cpt Marvel was off'ed by one of their own.

This follows their pattern. Evil tried to pretend that night 1 kill was directed at one of their own to shift doubt. Now, I say it may be that Mandarin killed one of their own (for real this time) to try shifting doubt in a more substantial way since I didn't buy the Doom lie.

Maybe evil figures they needed to produce a body in order for one of their own to succeed? It wasn't my attack on Doom since I'm good and I think that Moon Knight can now confirm my alignment.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:27 PM   #3073
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

my last lil break at work. home in an hour. as requested dd

I have not been converted. I have not lied about my abilities except for the "tripwire" that is actually automatic if I die when I was trying to lay a trap with my illusion-ability.

hope that helps. if you can only clear one ofus though, clear wolvie or hulk and kill me. you will need their strength and the list of untrusted is fairly small anyways and you will still find out all I know.

hope that doesn't come off sounding bad. it simply seems the most logical
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #3074
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
(Silver Surfer)

Clear how? I infer from what Daredevil says that he can clear one statement. So he can clear one of you. For now. Anyone earlier than that is fair game if there has been a conversion. As a matter of fact, the more trusted someone is seen the more likely it is that would be the target to convert, no?

I was only stating that through the course of events that the future will bring, I hope that they will clear the members of the Alliance that you do not trust. I had no master plan to achomplish this.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #3075
hoopsguy
General Manager

Mutant First: Magneto, Cannonball, Mandarin

FORCE: Storm, Hulk, Venom

Atlantic Alliance: CapAm, Britain, ProfX, Gambit, Wolverine, Daredevil

Solo: Deadpool, Surfer, Moon, Math, Spiderman
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:36 PM   #3076
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

We're sorry not to have you, Moon Knight.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #3077
Bonegavel

(Wolverine)

But we are kind of screwed if DD turns out to be evil.

If DD is evil, he doesn't have to waste his power to see if one of us is good. He could easily select an evil candidate of the one's that made the pledge and vouche for them.

Not having a seer ability has made me hyper-aware that I'm all alone in this game and am going to have to use my own wits to figure it all out.

Everyone vouching for one another means nothing to me since I can't verify it. Mandarin killing Cpt Marvel could be a ploy.

I'm staying on the team for now, but I'm not really sure now what I've gained by joining.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #3078
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

(Mathemanic)

Believe me, Wolverine, you're not alone in still being a little wary of DD.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #3079
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
and I think that Moon Knight can now confirm my alignment.

?? I cant confirm it at all, am i missing something? I can confirm a few things this game...talgain was the target night one, alan blocked that attack. Talgain went out night one, no idea where. Doom went out night 2, no idea where again. Night 3 LSG did not go out, but ntn did visit her and she died. Night 4 path did not go out.

I can also confirm ardent does have a special PM ability daily, and he has talked with WVU, Captain America, and myself. He also knew yesterday, while defending WVU, that he was evil. He is not just saying that now that WVU came up bad.

I dont think i know a single thing about you bonegavel, should i?
Demotivation
Old 01-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #3080
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
We're sorry not to have you, Moon Knight.

Im sorry as well, i was looking forward to cooperating with you and britain. But your group has decided to expand in ways im not totally in agreement with, and i must pause. Know, it is not you that gives me pause(though i would like you to answer my question about X)
Demotivation
Old 01-24-2007, 04:43 PM   #3081
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Sack, you have been visiting with X(he hinted as much). Can you clear him? I trust you for the most part through ardent, so if you can give me a yes, i can 100% clear him ill drop it.

My point was more about wolverine, but ill take either one being cleared

Moon, I believe the Professor to be good for a variety of reasons. My visit to his quarters was with the intent of helping others to reach that conclusion more comfortably. I would trust the Professor with or without those results.

That said, I got a benign sense from the Professor when I visited him, but I didn't immediately recognize the illusion he had cast to protect himself.

Had Apocalypse not struck, I believe I would probably have gotten a 100%.

I trust him. There are a couple others I trust more because I HAVE gotten 100% from them - no room for equivocation there- but between what Daredevil has said, my read on the Professor's night actions, and the Professor himself, I'm comfortable with him.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:44 PM   #3082
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Im sorry as well, i was looking forward to cooperating with you and britain. But your group has decided to expand in ways im not totally in agreement with, and i must pause. Know, it is not you that gives me pause(though i would like you to answer my question about X)

Read bottom to top. Saw your decision before I saw your question.

I understand your cause for concern. The only thing I can offer is that I can do the same with them as I did with the Professor. If there is somebody about whom you are particularly concerned, I have the energy to visit said individual tonight.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:46 PM   #3083
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Read bottom to top. Saw your decision before I saw your question.

I understand your cause for concern. The only thing I can offer is that I can do the same with them as I did with the Professor. If there is somebody about whom you are particularly concerned, I have the energy to visit said individual tonight.

Not more concerned about over the uncleareds. The only reason im focusing on wolverine is that he is in the "trusted" group when i dont trust him. The scans likely would be more useful on those not cleared yet. If you want to check an ally, my vote would be wolverine.
Demotivation
Old 01-24-2007, 04:47 PM   #3084
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

(Mathemanic)

Can anybody run down for me the points in favor of Captain Britain? If I remember right, he shielded Iron Man on day 1, is there any vouching going on beyond that?

Old 01-24-2007, 04:48 PM   #3085
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Not more concerned about over the uncleareds. The only reason im focusing on wolverine is that he is in the "trusted" group when i dont trust him. The scans likely would be more useful on those not cleared yet. If you want to check an ally, my vote would be wolverine.

I'll check him out, Moon.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:49 PM   #3086
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
(Mathemanic)

Can anybody run down for me the points in favor of Captain Britain? If I remember right, he shielded Iron Man on day 1, is there any vouching going on beyond that?

I visited him on Night 1. He is without reproach in his allegiance to the cause of good.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:50 PM   #3087
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Not quite dola, I already think the shield of Iron Man is pretty significant, I just don't remember if there was anything firm for anyone else.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:50 PM   #3088
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, thanks, Captain.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:50 PM   #3089
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
(Mathemanic)

(Silver Surfer)

I believe Cap America also vouched for him sometime on day 1 or early day 2, but nothing since then and I don't recall the reason why.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:51 PM   #3090
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
(Silver Surfer)

I believe Cap America also vouched for him sometime on day 1 or early day 2, but nothing since then and I don't recall the reason why.

Day 2, sir.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:53 PM   #3091
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
(Silver Surfer)

I'm sorry, Cannonball, could you point out to me exactly where I made any comment about you or Magneto -- or anyone for that matter (with the exception of saying that I believe what Daredevil is telling us for last night.

The fact is that Doom only took 9 points of potential damage from all of those attacks. Do you deny that? Why do you feel the need to defend yourself when I didn't make any comments indicating suspicion of you?

(Cannonball)

:::scratches head:::

"I'm sorry Mr. Surfer, but the quote from you I commented about talks about Mr. Magneto and mah attack on Doom does it not? So it looks like you are talking about us to me. But Ah'm just the son of a coal miner. Math has never been my good subject, so if you and the other big brains say 9 points of damage was done to Mr. Doom, Ah'm fine with that. Ah felt from your post that you were questioning whether or not Mr. Magneto did any of that damage or not. If Ah was confused about that, Ah duly apologize."
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:57 PM   #3092
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:57 PM   #3093
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

(ooc)

If I understand our friendly moderator correctly, the damage totals are before any defensive effects. I also think (but am not sure) that they are before team sabotage as well.

In fact, Doom got nine points of damage plus however much damage Mandarin dealt, but the latter did not alter the outcome of the day.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:59 PM   #3094
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
To be fair again, all breaking down his forcefield did was allow others to attack him. You and barkeep did basically 0 damage to him...just noting

(Cannonball)

"Ah think we are having us a misunderstanding here Mr. Moon Knight. Ah would think the force field would have to take damage would it not before it could break down? But then Science was not mah subject in school. Techincally Ah suppose we did no damage to Doom himself, but we did do damage. And damage that likely made it possible for Wolvering to take out Mr. Doom last night."
Old 01-24-2007, 05:01 PM   #3095
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So as far as I am concerned it's a coin flip on whether Cannonball is a bad guy. Our original four man group had three innocents (two known, plus the fact that I know I'm innocent). A random four man group has a 41% shot of being all good, and a 59% shot of having at least one bad guy. So using this math it would actually appear that Cannonball would have a high percentage of being bad. We were one of the first groups to form so it's natural that a bad guy would try and get in on it and Cannonball was also the last to join. In other words I am going to turn on my teammate:

Immobolize Cannonball
Attack Cannonball

I hope Mandrain will join me in this bold stroke.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:03 PM   #3096
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thanks Path for the Sinister quote. Does not look like that could be conceived as anything but an endorsement for the Professor's goodness.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:04 PM   #3097
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
(Cannonball)

"Ah think we are having us a misunderstanding here Mr. Moon Knight. Ah would think the force field would have to take damage would it not before it could break down? But then Science was not mah subject in school. Techincally Ah suppose we did no damage to Doom himself, but we did do damage. And damage that likely made it possible for Wolvering to take out Mr. Doom last night."

I disagree on your outcome, not the facts.

I think you did damage, but only to his shield. If you were evil, which im not accusing you of, he could tell you just how much damage his shield could take. To doom himself, not his shield, you two did 0 damage.

I also dont believe you in any way helped wolverine, much like i dont think GIs forcefields help defend at night. I think they only apply to the lynch.

So i understand what your saying you did, and i hope you understand what im saying you didnt do. Were basically taking the same data and spinning it two different ways, nothing more
Demotivation
Old 01-24-2007, 05:05 PM   #3098
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Thanks Path for the Sinister quote. Does not look like that could be conceived as anything but an endorsement for the Professor's goodness.

It was from day 2, and he went to X on night two. X tells us sinister did not go to him on night 1.

Im really not trying to discredit people here, but i dont think its worth the trust everyone gives him.

Im much more inclined to trust him after america said what he did, but the talgain reason is weak. I trust him again though
Demotivation
Old 01-24-2007, 05:05 PM   #3099
Blade6119
Coordinator

And im out for awhile, last class of the day.
Demotivation
Old 01-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #3100
Thomkal
Head Coach

(Cannonball)

Gladly.