Head Coach

FIGHT ONE

“The Canadian” John Williams
23, 6'2” 0-2

v.

“Magnificent” Matt Alexander
24, 6'1” 0-2

Blurcat likes Alexander by submission

Alexander comes out fast, he seems like he knows what this fight means. He throws a combination but it is dealt with easily by Williams. Williams responds with a good counter. Williams throws a kick that is caught by Alexander who puts him on his back. Williams is using his guard well, and won't let him pass. Some good work on the ground by Alexander, and after a couple of attempts he has side control, but even from there Williams is doing a good job of defending. The ref has to pull Matt off of John as the round ends.

Alexander starts a little slower, and both men are looking for an opening. Both men trade jabs, and Williams moves in to throw a punch, but Alexander shoots and gets the double-leg takedown, putting Williams on his back again. Williams has a good guard, defends the punches that come from Magnificent Matt. Alexander gets a leg free, and uses his elbows to do some damage. Alexander pushes down and drives his knee into Williams' back. He lands another damaging knee and moves all the way to side control. Williams is in trouble, and fights get back to guard, but Alexander is controlling the position. Alexander lands another driving knee, and then moves to an armlock, but Williams defends. Williams has done the best that he can, but Alexander has just been way to good in controlling the ground.

Round three opens slow with both men waiting. Alexander starts the action, but Williams blocks well. Alexander gets sloppy and Williams lands a good punch, and a mouse forms under Alexander's eye. Alexander tries a good shot, but Williams beats him to the punch with a kick and a pair of blows. Williams senses his advantage and presses the fighter. A few more shots before Alexander clinches up. He is getting beaten up pretty good here. Alexander goes for a trip, but Williams gets out of there. They clinch again. Alexander is slowing this fight down. And he survives the fight.

Judges score the fight 30-27(?), and two 29-28's for Magnificent Matt Alexander

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #152
PilotMan
Head Coach

FIGHT TWO

“Le Bleuet” Nicolas Fillion
20, 5'9” 0-1

v.

“Silent Assassin” Rohan Shah
22, 6'2” 0-2

Blurcat likes Fillion by TKO

Fillion comes out like he always does, pressing forward and trying to get underneath. Shah looks very relaxed and they trade. Shah fakes out Fillion and nails him with a hook. That fooled him. Fillion stumbles, but won't go down, and he clinches up with Shah. Fillion lands a good knee, but can't keep Shah from using a trip to put him on his back. Shah immediately moves to side control, and goes for the armbar. That was fast! Fillion defends as well as he can, and gets him to break it. Fillion keeps him at bay with up-kicks, and Shah lets him back up. The clinch up again, and the round ends without any more punches.

Round two starts good for Shah. His punches force Fillion to back up to the cage. Shah lands a hook, and Fillion grabs the clinch. Fillion lands a couple of good knees, and is holding Shah very tight. Both men are struggling to get the advantage in this strength contest. The ref finally breaks them up. Fillion shocks the world by shooting in and taking Shah down to the mat. Fillion tries to move to side position, but Shah is patient and defending well. His patience pays off, and Fillion over commits himself. Shah sweeps him and gets side control of his own. Shah quickly lands a hard punch to the mouth of Fillion, and another. Fillion throws a punch, but Shah is better. He snags the arm and locks in the armbar. Fillion is trouble and Shah's really wrenching the arm. Fillion finally taps out before Shah breaks it. The time of the fight is 4:52.

Like Steam?

Old 01-18-2009, 06:45 PM   #153
PilotMan
Head Coach

FIGHT THREE

“Tiny” Bruce Douglas
21, 6'3” 1-1

v.

“The Hunter” Jace Mason
24, 6'2” 1-1

Blurcat likes Douglas by submission

Douglas doesn't hide his ambitions at all here. Shooting and taking Mason down to start. Mason quickly escapes though, without taking any damage. Mason tries a couple of hard punches, but the second misses, leaving him off balance. Douglas connects with a hard hook. That backs Mason off. Mason comes forward again, but Douglas backs off. Douglas catches a kick and puts Mason on the ground for the second time. Douglas tries to improve his position, but Mason does a good job. Douglas uses his long arms to throw punches, and Mason keeps him from getting side control. That continues for the rest of the round.

Mason starts round two with a kick that is checked by Douglas. The clinch, but only for a second. A couple of sloppy shots from both men. They clinch again, and this time Douglas lands a good knee, and muscles Mason to the cage. Mason lands a good shot and gets Douglas to break the clinch. This round looks like all striking. Douglas gets the next flurry in. A solid shot to the body lands. Mason charges hard, forcing Douglas to back up. Mason gets another good shot in, but then eats a jab. Mason moves in lands another couple, then dodges a huge uppercut from Douglas. Douglas comes right back with a solid right that nails Mason right in the kisser. Mason goes down and Douglas is all over him. Douglas drops hammerfists over and over until the ref finally stops the fight. The time of the fight is 3:49.

Like Steam?

Old 01-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #154
PilotMan
Head Coach

FIGHT FOUR

“Smart” Alec Sander
23, 5'10” 1-1

v.

“Le Rat Musque” Yanick Fillion
24, 6'0” 1-1

Blurcat likes Sander by TKO

Round one starts with both men being very careful. They trade light jabs. Fillion misses with an uppercut that was thrown from so far away if Sander didn't get out of way something was wrong. Sander throws some body shots, but sets up Fillion for a big hook. Fillion dodges out of the way deftly. Neither man is really doing anything at all. The trade blows, clinch for a short time until the ref breaks them up. The round ends. Boy that was a sad round.

Round two starts the same with both men circling each other. Fillion lands the first punches and shoves Sander back to the cage. He fires off three more shots, and Sander is on the defensive. A solid hook lands, and Sander clinches up. Both men struggle for the better position and almost go to the ground. Sander lands two hard knees from the clinch. Sander is doing a good job of holding this clinch. The ref finally breaks the hold after nothing happens for a while. Fillion lands a kick, then moves forward to land a jab. But he walks right into a huge punch from Sander. Fillion goes down and is out cold. Sander doesn't even follow up. The time of the fight is 3:40.

Like Steam?

Old 01-18-2009, 07:36 PM   #155
PilotMan
Head Coach

POST FIGHT

As expected “The Canadian” John Williams has been released from his contract with FOFC MMA.

It's no surprise that “Anvil Hands” Brian Johnson is the FOFC fighter of the year. Anvil Hands went 3-0 and is in line for a shot at the FOFC MMA title. He will fight the winner of the Nielsen-Thomas fight.

Like Steam?

Old 01-18-2009, 07:46 PM   #156
PilotMan
Head Coach

The first post has been updated with current records, and a list of the fighters currently under contract with FOFC MMA. We still need new fighters, so feel free to fire them off. And we are still hopeful to get some newer faces from the board.

I still want to encourage everyone to look for some potential fights that your fighter might want, and make some open challenges accordingly. I know that everyone is still waiting for the title fight to take place and that will happen as soon as Niclovin is healthy again.

Thanks for reading and helping out with this endeavor.

Like Steam?

Old 01-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #157
duff88
College Prospect

This loss is nothing to me; I was sick for the whole week before the fight and I suffered a car accident on the way to the arena. And of course I was going to tap out when things started to drag out, I had a meeting at 10PM that I didn't want to miss.

The next fight is serious though, I don't want to lose my contract. And I'm ready for anyone; that's why I'm calling out "Tiny" Douglas. He won tonight, was the better fighter, but next time he won't have the same luck. Yeah, he's much bigger than I am, but I'm going to go inside and making wish he had become a pro at ballet instead.
duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:35 PM   #158
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Whew! Actually won a fight!
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:12 AM   #159
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Anvil Hands stole my award. He will not steal my title. Going. Down.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:08 AM   #160
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Doomvan wants the champ, whoever they may be.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #161
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Doomvan wants the champ, whoever they may be.

Nicklovin will be waiting once his pretty little face heals.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:25 AM   #162
BYU 14
Coordinator

You would both just be renting the Belt anyway, you can bet next time I will keep the fight standing up.....until at least one of you two go down.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #163
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
You would both just be renting the Belt anyway, you can bet next time I will keep the fight standing up.....until at least one of you two go down.

Its a good thing I signed the long term lease on it!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #164
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Its a good thing I signed the long term lease on it!

The bad thing is.. it has a OUT clause. Doomvan knocks you OUT, and you lose it.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #165
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by duff88 View Post
This loss is nothing to me; I was sick for the whole week before the fight and I suffered a car accident on the way to the arena. And of course I was going to tap out when things started to drag out, I had a meeting at 10PM that I didn't want to miss.

The next fight is serious though, I don't want to lose my contract. And I'm ready for anyone; that's why I'm calling out "Tiny" Douglas. He won tonight, was the better fighter, but next time he won't have the same luck. Yeah, he's much bigger than I am, but I'm going to go inside and making wish he had become a pro at ballet instead.

Douglas will have no problem dispatching you in our fight, and sending you out of FOFC MMA. See you in March.

Like Steam?

Old 01-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #166
PilotMan
Head Coach

FOFC 7 is on the books as the first event in 2010.

Here are the scheduled fights for the first event of the new year.

Erik Flambeard 1-2 v. “Magnificent” Matt Alexander 1-2
“Tiny” Bruce Douglas 2-1 v. “Le Bleuet” Nicolas Fillion 0-2
“The British Buzzsaw” Anthony Lee 1-1 v. “The Windmill” Windy Miller 1-1
“Coffee Warlord” Rob Nielsen 2-0 v. “Niclovin” Nicholas Thomas 2-0

Flamebeard and Fillion are in danger of being released from their contracts. Alexander tries to win two in a row. The big fight is the Nielsen/Thomas fight. The winner will fight Anvil Hands Johnson for the FOFC MMA Title.

Like Steam?

Old 01-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #167
PilotMan
Head Coach

FOFC 7 fight breakdown

Our opening fight sees the Dane, Erik Flamebeard take on the Methodical Matt Alexander. Alexander is coming off of his first win, while Flamebeard, who won his first, has lost two straight. Alexander is coming off of his first win where he dominated John Williams on the ground enroute to decision. Alexander has a very good ground game, and is good at capitalizing on an opponent's mistake. He won't press the fight. Flamebeard is the crazy dane, who won his first fight by submission but has since dropped two straight to strikers, Action Jackson and Windy Miller. Flamebeard will be happy to not be facing a technical boxer here. Look for the ground game to be important. If the fight stays up, Flamebeard could have the advantage.

Our second fight of the night has Tiny Bruce Douglas and his 6'3 frame take on Nicolas Fillion, all 5'9” of him. Douglas has won two in a row after his loss to Anvil Hands Johnson. His last fight was a TKO win over Jace Mason. Douglas has long arms, and legs and has the skills to do it on the ground. Fillion is more like a pitbull, he moves forward, he takes big shots, he gives big shots. He was TKOed inside of a minute by the British Buzzsaw, and submitted, but Rohan Shah. Fillion needs to show up in his one. He will need to get inside the big man, and take the fight to him. A ground contest could be interesting.

The next fight has muay thai fighter Anthony Lee take on the puncher Windy Miller. If technique is a factor then Lee should be the winner, but not to many can take the pull power of Windy Miller. Windy Miller is a hard charging brawler, he has fought two tough customers, losing to Anvil Hands and besting Erik Flamebeard. Lee on the other hand, holds a fast win over Nicolas Fillion and a loss in his last fight to the Doomvan, Alex Donovan. This fight should stay standing. Lee has a big height advantage here, and can really control the fight in the clinch. I would say that he just needs to be careful for Miller's power. If he can avoid that he should get the win.

Our main event tonight features the long awaited FOFC title qualification fight between Niclovin' and Coffee Warlord. Coffee has beaten Magnificent Matt by TKO, and Alec Sander by decision. Coffee's fights are frenetic. He is all over the place, and all parts of his body are dangerous striking weapons. Niclovin' is almost a total opposite with a submission win over Rohan Shah, and a decision win Dusty Coldwater. Thomas has been battling a head injury that he sustained in training, and hopes that he will ready to go here. Niclovin' is always in great shape, and exceptionally dangerous on the ground. He will need to be very careful while standing with Coffee, and he will need to be very aggressive with him if he can get him on his back. The winner here moves on to the title fight against Anvil Hands Brian Johnson.

Like Steam?

Old 01-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #168
PilotMan
Head Coach

One note, I have decided that three losses in a row might be a little harsh. I haven't had quite the signup list that I had intended so I will be trying to resign John WIlliams when he deicides that he wants to come back, and any other fighters who lose 3 in a row, will be kept as well. At the very least they will give us some blood for newcomers to fight when they sign up. If you have a fighter who isn't quite on the up and up, feel free to make a new one to compete right away.

One other note, due to the relatively low signup rate for this dynasty thus far, I would ask anyone to submit any number of fighters to populate our world.

Like Steam?

Old 01-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #169
PilotMan
Head Coach

FOFC 7
March, 2010

All fighters have made the 205lb weight limit.

FIGHT ONE

“EFotNHNT” Erik Flambeard
25, 5'11” 1-2

v.

“Magnificent” Matt Alexander
25, 6'1” 1-2

Blurcat likes Flamebeard by TKO

Surprisingly, Alexander starts the fight off with a right and a leg kick. Flamebeard answers with some shots of his own, but Matt dives in for a takedown. Flamebeard sprawls, and the two engage in a power struggle. Flamebeard is able to flip him over for a takedown, and Alexander manages to pull guard. Flambeard tries to pass, but Alexander's defense is tough and he ties him up. Flambeard manages to pull off a big right, and Alexander does the best he can before tie him up again in a clinch. Alexander get's Flamebeards head, and tries the guillotine. Flambeard gets his head free, postures up and lands a couple of hard shots to the ribs. The ref finally has enough of that and stands them back up. Alexander really didn't take much damage there. Flamebeard throws a couple of punches. Those are answered with a kick from Matt. Flamebeard sees the opening and takes Magnificent Matt down for a second time. Flamebeard goes for side control, but Alexander's defense is still good. The round ends on the ground.

Round two stars sloppy. Both men exchange shots and then clinch up. The fight grinds to a standstill. The ref breaks them up, and it is Alexander who sees the opportunity, and fires off a handful of good shots. Flamebeard backs up and they clinch for a second time. The round ends with a disappointing finish.

The fighters come out and touch gloves. Flamebeard wants to finish the fight right now, but Alexander is very fast and moves out of the way. Alexander comes in with a punch followed by a kick that does some damage, and then he moves away again. Flamebeard loads up with a hard punch, but again, Alexander ducks it, and lands a solid body shot. The round continues this way with Flamebeard chasing Alexander around the cage, but not being able to catch him. Meanwhile, Alexander is hitting him with small, but accurate shots. Flamebeard finally lands a good kick, but Alexander answers with a jab and then moves away before the crazy dane can land another. The round ends here.

All three judges score the fight 29-28 all for “Magnificent” Matt Alexander

Like Steam?

Old 01-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #170
PilotMan
Head Coach

FIGHT TWO

“Tiny” Bruce Douglas
21, 6'3” 2-1

v.

“Le Bleuet” Nicolas Fillion
21, 5'9” 0-2

Blurcat likes Fillion by TKO

The fight starts slowly with Fillion looking for an opening and Tiny looking for an angle. Both men trade blows , and neither lands that well. A second round sees Fillion land the better shots. Douglas goes for his first takedown, but Fillion holds his ground and throws two punches to Douglas' back. Tiny tries to push him over, but Fillion escapes. Douglas shoots for another takedown, but Fillion sprawls, and Douglas backs off. Fillion goes on the offensive with a series of hard shots that push the big man's back to the cage. They clinch up and things slow down. Douglas is still trying for a takedown, but Fillion won't let him, and Fillion can't get any good shots together before the round ends.

Round two sees Douglas go for another takedown, and Fillion gets caught off guard. However, he is able to escape without going to the ground. Fillion lets his hands go and to keep Douglas at bay and it works. Fillion throws but misses a huge uppercut. Douglas grabs him and clinches up. Tiny goes for a trip, but Fillion's footwork is good and he won't go down. Douglas goes for another, but can't get him down. Frustrated, Douglas shoves Fillion against the cage, and tries to pull him to the ground. Fillion again keeps upright. Fillion lands a good punch to the face, and moves into a better position with Douglas against the cage. They each hold the clinch before the ref breaks them apart. Fillion throws a slow kick that Tiny dodges. Boy, that was a perfect chance to grab him and finally get him to the ground. The round ends without any more action.

The final round starts with Douglas throwing a punch and then following it with a kick. Fillion clinches and then breaks away without anything happening. They clinch again. Fillion drops a hard knee on Douglas, that sends him back to the cage. Douglas responds with his first really good punch, a right. He threw that off the cage. Fillion breaks the clinch, then responds with four hard punches up and down. Douglas throws a low kick, then misses with a hook. Wide open, Fillion responds with a well place hook of his own. Douglas goes down, but we was already off balance. Fillion dives on top to try and mount Tiny. Tiny isn't hurt that badly though, and he slips away and takes Fillion's back. Fillion tries to fight out of it, but the big man has a good hold of him. Douglas goes for the choke, but Fillion defends. Tiny changes tactics and is able to snag Fillion's arm with his long legs. Fillion is in serious trouble. Douglas stretches out, and Fillion finally taps. The time of the fight is 6:12 of round three.

Like Steam?

Old 01-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #171
PilotMan
Head Coach

FIGHT THREE

“The British Buzzsaw” Anthony Lee
23, 6'0” 1-1

v.

“The Windmill” Windy Miller
23, 5'5” 1-1

Blurcat likes Miller by KO

Round one opens between these two strikers coming together. Lee throws a right hand, followed by a low kick. Miller moves away quickly. Lee chases him and forces the clinch. Miller breaks away, and both men trade blows. They go back to the clinch, and it's Windy who uses his knee to push Lee back to the cage. Lee lands hard shot from the clinch, Miller lets go, and backs up. Miller leads with his jab as he moves forward again. A good body shot from Miller. Lee misses another kick. Miller sets up another kick, then steps forward with a jab. Lee saw it, and timed it. Lee's right hammers into Miller's jaw and Miller drops like he was shot. Windy Miller is out cold. Anthony Lee wins with another sledgehammer KO. The time of the KO is 6:40.

Like Steam?

Old 01-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #172
PilotMan
Head Coach

FIGHT FOUR

“Coffee Warlord” Rob Nielsen
22, 6'1” 2-0

v.

“Nicklovin'” Nicholas Thomas
26, 6'1” 2-0

Blurcat likes Nielsen by KO

Thomas moves forward and tries to land a punch. Nielsen ducks under it, and sneaks in with a waist-high takedown. Surprise! Thomas pulled guard and looks upset that he is on his back right now. Coffee fakes a punch to the face, and drills him in the chest. Nielsen tries to pass guard, but Thomas defends well, and drags him into a clinch. Niclovin pins Nielsen's arms to his side. Coffee works one arm free, but just as he moves, Niclovin switches arms, and quickly snaps his legs around Nielsen's other arm. Nielsen franticly tries to pull away and get out of this position. Things get worse for Nielsen, Thomas has the lock held in tightly. Finally, Nielsen taps and looks disgusted that he lost from the top position. The time of the fight was 0:56 of round one.

Like Steam?

Old 01-25-2009, 05:02 PM   #173
PilotMan
Head Coach

POST FIGHT

“Niclovin'” Nicholas Thomas will face Anvil Hands Johnson for the first ever FOFC MMA Title.

Rob Nielsen sustained a minor head injury in last night's fight. He will be out for about 6 weeks. The injury is pretty minor. My guess is that it was his ego that was damaged most.

Windy Miller has to sit out 30 days for medical rest for being knocked out.

Like Steam?

Old 01-25-2009, 05:04 PM   #174
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Good stuff! The "Magnificent" one evens his record and in the upset of the night, 'CW' goes down in the main event.

Great stuff.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:05 PM   #175
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

CHEAT!
Old 01-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #176
PilotMan
Head Coach

The front page has been updated with new fighter records. After the next show, I will post our first ever FOFC MMA rankings.

Like Steam?

Old 01-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #177
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Renzo "El Serpente" Garrincha

NAME
Renzo Garrincha

NICKNAME
El Serpente

NATIONALITY
Braziliian

FIGHTING WEIGHT (186-205)

Hometown
Rio de Janiero

HEIGHT
6'1”

FIGHTING STYLE
Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu

FIGHTING APPROACH
Intense

Five abilities

1. Great Takedowns
2. Submission Specialist
3. Good Ground Defense
4. Endurance
5. Decent striking Defense

Basically, like Royce Gracie, but modernized.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:30 PM   #178
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
FIGHT FOUR

“Coffee Warlord” Rob Nielsen
22, 6'1” 2-0

v.

“Nicklovin'” Nicholas Thomas
26, 6'1” 2-0

Blurcat likes Nielsen by KO

Thomas moves forward and tries to land a punch. Nielsen ducks under it, and sneaks in with a waist-high takedown. Surprise! Thomas pulled guard and looks upset that he is on his back right now. Coffee fakes a punch to the face, and drills him in the chest. Nielsen tries to pass guard, but Thomas defends well, and drags him into a clinch. Niclovin pins Nielsen's arms to his side. Coffee works one arm free, but just as he moves, Niclovin switches arms, and quickly snaps his legs around Nielsen's other arm. Nielsen franticly tries to pull away and get out of this position. Things get worse for Nielsen, Thomas has the lock held in tightly. Finally, Nielsen taps and looks disgusted that he lost from the top position. The time of the fight was 0:56 of round one.

I am Niclovin! Wicca Wicca Woo!!
Old 01-25-2009, 05:31 PM   #179
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
CHEAT!

LOL! Armbar CHEAT!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #180
PilotMan
Head Coach

Renzo "El Serpente" Garrincha

- More than capable of getting takedowns
- Has good defensive positioning when taken down
- Can use his submission skills to get wins
- Knows how to defend submission attempts
- Rarely loses control of a grounded opponent

Like Steam?

Old 01-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #181
PilotMan
Head Coach

FOFC 8 has been booked. Here are the fights that are scheduled for May of 2010.

“Dammit” Dusty Coldwater 1-2 v. Renzo “El Serpente” Garrincha 0-0
Jace “The Hunter” Mason 1-2 v. Yanick “Le Rat Musque” Fillion 1-2
“Smart” Alec Sander 2-1 v. Alex “Doomvan” Donovan 2-1

and the long awaited main event....

“Anvil Hands” Brian Johnson 3-0 v. “Niclovin'” Nicholas Thomas 3-0 for the FOFC MMA Title

Like Steam?

Old 01-26-2009, 10:51 AM   #182
PilotMan
Head Coach

Avil Hands is gonna do what the Nielsen couldn't do, and that is knock Niclovin through the mat.

Like Steam?

Old 01-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #183
Travis
Pro Rookie

Come on Mason, show some skills boy!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #184
PilotMan
Head Coach

NEWS

Windy Miller has served his medical suspension and is ready to return to the cage.

Renzon “El Serpente” Garrincha has joined Unit 2 Fitness. Unit 2 Fitness has a mediocre reputation. Based in America they very good in jiu-jitsu, and good in submissions and physical training.

Klause “The Freak” Benetoros
Munich, Germany
22, 6'6, 205lbs

-Has great reach on his kicks.
-Has great reach on his punches.
-Difficult to takedown
-Very hard to knock out
-Physically quite strong

Like Steam?

Old 01-26-2009, 12:34 PM   #185
PilotMan
Head Coach

FOFC 8 fight breakdown

Our first fight sees the debut of Brazilian fighter Renzon Garrincha. El Serpente has been training in BJJ for his entire life. He is considered to be very dangerous on the ground. His opponent for this fight is Dusty Coldwater. Coldwater will give Garrincha a good workout. He is known for taking his opponents the distance and trying to get the win slowly over the course of the fight. Coldwater has lost his last two fights, and could really be tested in this one. It should also be a good fight for El Serpente too. Coldwater has a solid backround in MMA, he also has more experience.

The second fight of the night has Jace “ The Hunter” Mason trying to even his record against the Mustrat. Mason has done the least with the most at this point. He was TKOed and Submitted in his two losses. His only win came over Dusty Coldwater in FOFC 5. The good thing for him is that his opponent will want to stand and bang with him. Yanick Fillion has dropped two in a row after his first win over Doomvan Donovan. Fillion has been knocked out and TKOed in his last two, Mason has the power and ability to make it three in a row. Fillion will try and keep Mason outside, where his knee strikes won't be as deadly. Mason's loves to clinch and Fillion gets in to trouble when the fight is close. Look for a standing slugfest here, plenty of action and someone going out.

The third fight of the night has two of the top contenders in FOFC MMA. Alec Sander is coming off of a KO win over Yanick Fillion. Both men have the same record, but it is Doomvan who has more momentum. His loss to Yanick Fillion was his only one, and since then he has won two in a row. Both men are pretty well rounded MMA fighters. Doomvan should have the slight advantage on the ground and Sander should have the advantage if it stays up. Sander's only loss was to Rob Nielsen, when he lost in a decision in his best fight to date. A winner here, will at the very least, put themselves in a position to fight in a #1 contender fight. This fight should be very important to both men.

The main event is the long awaited FOFC MMA Title fight. Fourteen fights have gotten us to this place. And yet, certain fighters have been screwed out of the chance, but for right now. These are the two best fighters in FOFC MMA. Anvil Hands Johnson beat BJJ specialist Tiny Douglas, and sluggers Yanick Fillion and Windy Miller. While his path has been easier, he has gotten here with two TKO's and a decision. For Niclovin', he had wins over submission artist Rohan Shah, a decision win over Dusty Coldwater, and a fast submission win over Coffee Warlord. In between he sustained and recovered from a fairly serious head injury, and now puts it all on the line against Anvil Hands. Thomas has good BJJ skills that have only gotten better over the last year. He will be deadly on the ground. Johnson has a solid wrestling background and possesses great power in his punches and slams. Thomas will need to take Johnson down, and get him on his back. If he can do that he should win. If Johnson can stay up, or make it a grapplefest he should be the better man.

Like Steam?

Old 01-26-2009, 08:35 PM   #186
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
NEWS

Windy Miller has served his medical suspension and is ready to return to the cage.

Lee sends a cold Guinness and a new Mouth piece since I heard they couldn't get yours back from the fan in the 8th row that caught it.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 01-26-2009 at 08:36 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:14 AM   #187
PilotMan
Head Coach

FOFC 8
May 2010

All fighters have weighed in at the class limit of 205lbs.

The Coffee Warlord, Rob Nielsen is cage side this evening. He has been recovering from his head and ego injury. Although, he seems to be fully recovered tonight. Nielsen practically demanded that he get the first crack at the winner of the title fight tonight. He will have to prove it back into the cage sooner or later.

Like Steam?

Old 01-28-2009, 07:14 AM   #188
PilotMan
Head Coach

FIGHT ONE

“Dammit” Dusty Coldwater
23, 6'0” 1-2

v.

Renzo “El Serpente” Garrincha
23, 6'1” 0-0

Blurcat likes Garrincha by split-decision.

We open the show with the two fighters touching gloves and then circling the cage. Coldwater throws a couple of good jabs, and a right. Garrincha ducks it, trips over his feet. He gets his balance back before Dusty can get in. Dusty throws a big right hand, but misses and Renzo hits a couple more shots. Dusty clinches up, and Dusty looks a little stunned. The ref breaks the clinch without a whole lot happening. Coldwater presses Renzo back to the cage and tries to keep him pinned, and loads up a big punch. Renzon ducks the shot and hits a hard shot to the stomach and slips out. Coldwater turns fast looking to score quickly, but Renzo is in perfect position, and hits a hard punch that puts Coldwater on one knee. Dusty fights through and holds his own. Coldwater tries to go back on the offensive, but nothing comes of it, and the round ends.

Round two opens with Coldwater starting again. Renzo again is to quick and hits a good body shot. Renzo charges in and hits a couple more shots home. Dusty lands a kick, and Renzo backs off. Both men meet in the center of the cage and start trading blow for blow. The crowd goes crazy. Coldwater took a good shot and was shaken a little. Coldwater clinches again, and things slow down. The ref finally breaks them, but a lot of time has passed. Not much offense the rest of the round, but no real damage done.

The final round begins with Renzo firing off three good shots, but nothing did any damage. Dusty his a low kick to the legs. It doesn't deter Renzo though, and he quickly shoots in for a takedown. Dusty manages to keep his balance and Renzo only gets one leg. Renzo pushes, but Dusty stays up until his back is on the cage. He finally goes down in good position. Renzo is in half guard. Renzo lands a couple of good shots and tries to work toward a kimura. It's not a good position though, and Dusty tries to escape up the cage. Renzo pins him though, and uses a trip to put him back down. This time in full guard. Coldwater can't escape again and the fight ends here.

All three judges score the fight 30-27 for Renzo “El Serpente” Garrincha

Like Steam?

Old 01-28-2009, 07:15 AM   #189
PilotMan
Head Coach

FIGHT TWO

“The Hunter” Jace Mason
25, 6'2” 1-2

v.

“Le Rat Musque” Yanick Fillion
25, 6'0” 1-2

Blurcat likes Fillion by KO

The fight starts with a quick exchange followed by the Muskrat shoots in and takes Mason to the ground. Fillion is in full guard, and he stands and tries to drop a bomb, but misses. He hits the next one though, but leaves it in to long, and Mason goes for the armbar. Mason sweeps him and now finds himself in Fillion's guard. Yanick's guard is good, and he keeps Mason from hitting him. Mason lands a hard shot to the body, and another in the same spot. Fillion drags him back into a clinch. Mason lands two more good shots and Fillion is doing his best to to hang in there. Mason is really piling on the shots here. He stands again and tries another bomb, Fillion tries to land the triangle but Mason pulls away, before the round ends.

The second round begins slowly. The fighters clinch up and Fillion trips Mason and takes him to the ground. Fillion stays up and picks his spot. Now he dives in and gets side control. Mason is ready though, and he quickly moves away, and again outsmarts Fillion. Mason shoves him down and ends up in full guard. Fillion is holding the guard high, perhaps looking for another triangle. He throws another bomb and and walks right into the triangle. Mason spends the next few moments trying to fight it off. He does and Fillion hits a couple of hard shots from the bottom. Mason answers that with four frightening and wicked shots that land. Fillion covers up and tries to survive. Fillion moves his guard up again, and then goes for an escape, but Mason drops another hammer on him and he goes back down. Mason has really done a lot of damage in this round.

The last round stars with Mason coming out fast, but reckless. He misses and takes a couple of shots from Fillion. The go toe to toe in the middle and both men look a little dazed. Fillion is the first to press forward again, and lands a kick and a few punches that for Mason back to the cage. Mason tries to keep him at bay, but Fillion charges in and hits two big shots Fillion lands another big blow to the body. Mason clinches up, but nothing happens there and the ref finally has to break them up. Mason hits a low kick Fillion goes for broke at the end, and Mason does a good job of avoiding it.

All three judges score the fight 29-28 all for Jace Mason.

Like Steam?

Old 01-28-2009, 07:15 AM   #190
PilotMan
Head Coach

FIGHT THREE

“Smart” Alec Sander
24, 5'11” 2-1

v.

Alex “Doomvan” Donovan
24, 6'3” 2-1

Blurcat likes Donovan by submission

Fight three begins slowly. Both men apparently are waiting. They exchange blows twice with Sander coming out on top. Donovan shoots in for a takedown, but Sander is quick enough and Doomvan only gets one leg. Sander thumps him twice on the head, but Donovan tries to complete the takedown. Sander manages to escape. Donovan throws a punch and shoots in again. Sander sprawls and Donovan is forced to give it up. Sander goes on the offensive and lands three or four shots in response. Sander lands a good shot to the body, and clinches up. Nothing happens in the clinch, Sander's defense was good enough to keep Doomvan from coming in again.

The second round starts with Sander coming out fast, pushing Doomvan all the way to the back of the cage. Sander hits a couple of shots, but stays back. Donovan answers and Sander is forced to back off. The trade in the center again, with Sander again getting the better of it. Apparently, the height advantage hasn't help Donovan at this point. Donovan shoots in again, but Sander escapes cleanly. Sander lands a couple more punches, but Doomvan ignores it and shoot again. He gets one leg, but eventually has to give it up again, and gets a clinch. Donovan goes for a trip, but Sander escapes and breaks free of the clinch. Donovan follows close behind and lands two jabs. Sander answers with a big right, that shakes Doomvan and he stops in his tracks. Donovan doesn't go down. Donovan kicks out, Sander moves in to strike, but Donovan finally has a good shot, and takes Sander to the ground. Sander pulls guard, but Donovan runs out time in the round.

Round three starts slowly. Over a minute without any activity at all. Each man is looking for an angle, but both are being very wary of the other. They punch each other, then fall into a clinch. The ref breaks them up. Donovan ducks out of the way, and then steps back and just avoids an uppercut. They come together in the middle again and trade blows. Sander takes a hard blow to the chin and he stumbles back and drops to the floor. Donovan pounces and hits two powerful blows, Sander is on dream street. The ref dives in to keep him from taking any more damage. The replays show that the ref may have been early in his stoppage. The time is 2:45.

Like Steam?

Old 01-28-2009, 07:16 AM   #191
PilotMan
Head Coach

FIGHT FOUR

“Anvil Hands” Brian Johnson
24, 6'1” 3-0

v.

Nicholas “Niclovin'” Thomas
26, 6'1” 3-0

Blurcat likes Thomas by submission

Johnson starts quick, with some light shots, then he comes in and forces Thomas back to the cage where they clinch. Johnson hits a body shot, but takes two to the head. Thomas tries a trip to get to the ground, but Johnson defends. They break and Johnson narrowly dodged a huge right from Niclovin. Johnson answers with a good right, then unleashes a wicked uppercut. Thomas moves out of the way at the last second. Thomas has his back against the cage, but Johnson doesn't stop there. He moves in with a series of jabs. Thomas throws some of his own to buy some time and keep Anvil Hands back. Anvil Hands feigns with the left then powers a huge right through. It caught Thomas square in the face. He drops like a stone to the cage. Johnson doesn't let up and nails at least three more before the ref can pull him off. Thomas wasn't knocked out, but he wasn't ok either. The time is 9:39.

“Anvil Hands” reigns supreme at the top of the FOFC MMA heap, as its reigning champion. Now the real fun beings.

Like Steam?

Old 01-28-2009, 07:16 AM   #192
PilotMan
Head Coach

POST FIGHT

Niclovin' sustained a concussion in last nights fight. He will be out of action for more than a couple of months. This is Niclovin's second major head injury inside a year. Experts are concerned about his health, or that he may not be long for this sport if he keeps getting concussions.

Like Steam?

Old 01-28-2009, 07:34 AM   #193
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Sheesh. Garrincha was completely unable to do much of anything on his takedown game, which is his bread and butter.. but still won the fight.

And the Doomvan runs over another victim (good thing too, I had a sneaky suspicion I might have been down on at least two of the judges cards!)
Old 01-28-2009, 07:50 AM   #194
PilotMan
Head Coach

Yeah, I was very surprised that he did that well in his stand up game. I really didn't expect him to win as long as the fight stayed upright. As far as Doomvan goes, Blurcat had him losing both of the first rounds before he turned it around.

Like Steam?

Old 01-28-2009, 09:42 AM   #195
PilotMan
Head Coach

FOFC MMA Top 5

1. Anvil Hands Johnson 4-0
  2. Niclovin Thomas 3-1
  3. Doomvan Donovan 3-1
  4. Tiny Douglas 3-1
  5. Coffee Warlord Nielsen 2-1

Like Steam?

Old 01-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #196
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Dusty may need to consider a different line of work soon at this rate.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:30 AM   #197
Travis
Pro Rookie

Oye, too many close calls and not enough finish going on Mason. Time to figure out that it's not a good idea to leave it up to the judges and get some finishes happening.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #198
PilotMan
Head Coach

FOFC 9 is on the books and scheduled for July of 2010. Here are the fights that we can expect to see. I have to qualify that there are two very interesting size differences here. On paper they look like lopsided fights, but I really wonder if they are.

Nicolas “Le Bleuet” Fillion 0-3 v. “The Freak” Klaus Benetoros 0-0
Windy “The Windmill” Miller 1-2 v. “Silent Assassin” Rohan Shah 1-2
“The British Buzzsaw” Anthony Lee 2-1 v. Theodore “Action” Jackson 2-1
“Tiny” Bruce Douglas 3-1 v. “Coffee Warlord” Rob Nielsen 2-1

Like I said, Fillion and Miller are both giving up 9 inches in this show. The Lee/Jackson fight looks like it is going to be pretty exciting, and Nielsen's fights are almost always good. It will be very tough for Douglas to win that one, IMO.

Like Steam?

Old 01-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #199
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Nielsen is still pissed about that cheater move that cost him his rightfully owned title. There will be a KO in the first minute.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:16 AM   #200
PilotMan
Head Coach

FOFC Rankings

Top 5 Stongest Fighters

5. Erik Flambeard of the Neither Here Nor There

4. “Tiny” Bruce Douglas

3. Yanick “Le Rat Musque” Fillion

2. “Anvil Hands” Brian Johnson

1. “Coffee Warlord” Rob Nielsen

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 01-28-2009 at 11:17 AM.