Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #3351
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Please give me a chance. I'm the most valuable role remaining if there isn't a lifegiver
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:59 PM   #3352
Autumn
Head Coach

Normally I'd put up another person to get a runoff and see where the wolves might move. But with only one wolf, most likely, left that doesn't really do anything useful.

This is the point where often the village gets too clever, and thinks their way out of a victory. I will vote Mauboy for now, but I'm not going to vote Nightfall. I'd rather see what Mauboy has to say. If he's the wolf he's got to try to make a case for somebody else, and that at least can be illuminating. If he's not the wolf, the real wolf may let something slip to point us in the right direction.

Vote Mauboy1
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:01 PM   #3353
Autumn
Head Coach

I would also usually give a list of other suspects at this point. But I feel like that's counterproductive now, giving the wolves a list of who they should or shouldn't kill if they want to make it to endgame. I am watching them though ;-)
Old 10-12-2011, 01:30 PM   #3354
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think McKerney and/or Jackal could be wolves @ this point. They voted EF the day Bug was lynched. This makes them look good, however in hindsight Narc and his 3 extra votes were on Bug. Why would the other wolves vote Bug in that situation?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #3355
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Plus didn't McKerney reveal? Shouldn't he be dead?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #3356
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Plus didn't McKerney reveal? Shouldn't he be dead?

I'm surprised I'm not dead or converted by now, though I don't have the most useful role at this point. I considered using my role to prevent Bug being lynched and make it me or EagleFan, but I doubt I'll be doing something like that this late and we probably won't have a last minute reveal that needs saving. I suspect I was kept around to be a lynch target by the wolves since they didn't have to worry about the martyr hurting them, especially afte the two people I've been looking at as likely wolves (mau and commo) opened up the day mentioning me as a candidate for fiesta lynch.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #3357
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Does the person I passed the tincture of camphor on night one want to step forward?

This is continuing to strike me as odd. Has anyone else seen the tincture? Or did Mau actually pass it to J23 Night 1? Why were you asking this, Mauboy, if you knew you passed it to Danny?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #3358
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I think McKerney and/or Jackal could be wolves @ this point. They voted EF the day Bug was lynched. This makes them look good, however in hindsight Narc and his 3 extra votes were on Bug. Why would the other wolves vote Bug in that situation?

Guess I could have been an early conversion target, but I think I drew enough heat D2 (was almost lynched) that the wolves would stay away from me. And they did, all part of my devious, annoying plan!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #3359
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well I need to leave in a little, so I'll hope this is our wolf.

vote mau
Old 10-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #3360
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I'm surprised I'm not dead or converted by now, though I don't have the most useful role at this point. I considered using my role to prevent Bug being lynched and make it me or EagleFan, but I doubt I'll be doing something like that this late and we probably won't have a last minute reveal that needs saving. I suspect I was kept around to be a lynch target by the wolves since they didn't have to worry about the martyr hurting them, especially afte the two people I've been looking at as likely wolves (mau and commo) opened up the day mentioning me as a candidate for fiesta lynch.

I guess you are right. Low threat role to the wolves. Probably figure why bother. Commo is defianately public enemy #1 tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #3361
The Jackal
Coordinator

Also, I never really wanted to vote for bug, I had a suspicion he was the seer the whole time. Now of course a wolf would know and say that's true, but I never liked the way we railroaded him, granted assisted by two wolves and his death was in a way worth it.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #3362
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Guess I could have been an early conversion target, but I think I drew enough heat D2 (was almost lynched) that the wolves would stay away from me. And they did, all part of my devious, annoying plan!

Maybe they converted you N1.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #3363
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Maybe they converted you N1.

And I was pissed so I tried to throw the game?
Old 10-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #3364
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I was trying to be sneaky and ask who got the tincture on the night Danny died so that maybe a wolf would slip up.. but of course I asked who got it on n1. My ploy was to see who claimed it and that would have netted us a wolf maybe. That's all.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:06 PM   #3365
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I am the sheriff.

Pretend u believe me and try getting a new candidate. Don't let the wolves hide their vote/s on me. U guys need me!
Old 10-12-2011, 02:10 PM   #3366
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I was trying to be sneaky and ask who got the tincture on the night Danny died so that maybe a wolf would slip up.. but of course I asked who got it on n1. My ploy was to see who claimed it and that would have netted us a wolf maybe. That's all.

I hate to get all paranoid, but ... instead of asking who got it on the night danny died, you asked who got it N1. We don't know who you sent it to N1, but say that person is still in the game and spoke up. Then you say, "No, I sent it to Danny, ah-hah!" and instant wolf suspect. Just add tincture.

If yo'ure a villager, that was a clever ploy. But unfortunately you did it in a way that could also be a wolf ploy.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #3367
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I sent it to Danny n1. Goofed up and asked wrong night...

Not lying.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #3368
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Did I read that role players won't be able to receive items? If that's true Danny never would have gotten it. Does it go random or wolf?
Old 10-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #3369
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I haven't gotten an item since opening of game.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #3370
J23
College Benchwarmer

Why am I reminded of this when I read about your tincture passing scheme?

J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #3371
The Jackal
Coordinator

No, the rule is that you cannot hand an item to a roled player, like "pass X to bodyguard" without knowing who that person is. You could do it in the first adaptation of this game, which is why it was focused on.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:32 PM   #3372
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
There are many items in this game, and every player will begin with a random item, even Servants. The only person who brings items into the game, however, is the Scientist. Each night, once per item, you may pass an item to a person of your choice, just pm me and let me know. This is processed when Night Actions are processed, but it does not count as a Night Action. Items are passed as the last thing during the evening. Items on a dead person are collected by the Servants.

Some items are obvious – Charms of Protection Against Shapeshifters or Colt Peacemaker. Other items have unknown or more nefarious uses, and you may not immediately know what they all do. There might even be red herrings

This was all I saw about items. I don't see anything that says that roled players can't receive items.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #3373
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
This was all I saw about items. I don't see anything that says that roled players can't receive items.

He's confusing the rule that you can't pass an item to a role, which you could do in the last game.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #3374
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't like to vote nightfall as I find that usually helps the wolves, not villagers. But I also don't want to share too many thoughts in case Mau isn't the one. So makes for a quiet evening. If everybody else feels the same I will vote nightfall - Mauboy hasn't shaken my lack of faith in him with his posts today.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #3375
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out when conversions could have happened. Here are the roles and when they died:

NTN (day 1)- The Unhallowed – You are a former minister who has fallen and become a servant of the red death. You appear to be a minister in every normal way, and if followed at night by the Detective, he will see you studying the Bible and going to church. You may take kill or corrupt actions as your group sees fit.

Zinto (day 3)- Order of Vladd, Second Rank – You are a vampire and the leader of this group of Servants of the Red Death. At night, you can be sent to either try to corrupt or to kill. During the day, just once during the game, you can Enthrall someone. That person will be forced to change their vote and will be unable to change it back. You must do this at least one hour before the deadline. You are immune to dying through any method other than via an attack on The Priest (but not a corruption) and the Sacred Flame. You cannot be identified by the Adept and you will kill the Detective if you encounter him at night spying on you. You will instantly know if you have been targeted by someone, but not who or why. You have a Night Ability, Mesmerize, which you can only use once, on Night One.

Narcizo (day 6)- Succubus – You have been called demon by some, but you are really just an unappreciated creature. You may not be given kill actions, unless you are the last Servant left. During the day, your vote counts triple, but nobody will know unless it effects the results, what the actual numbers are (otherwise, numbers will not be published, just the winner of the Cleansing Flame vote). You are the only one who can use the Seduce action.

Eaglefan (day 7)- Werecrocodile – At night, you can turn into a super powerful evil crocodile and attack people. You cannot take corrupt actions. You are a lycanthrope. If you are Cleansed, you can take someone into the fire with you. If you are the only Servant after Night One, you will gain a one time Lycanthropic Bite ability to convert someone on the following night into another Werecrocodile.

It appears that ntn would have been able to corrupt, but since we killed him day1, that didn't happen. Zinto could either corrupt or kill. EF could not corrupt, but could convert if he was the only servant after night one.

I'm trying to figure out what the difference between corrupting and converting might be given that they're definitely different things from reading EF's description. Do we think that the corruption might turn people into the new role where EF's convert is only to his same role or something like that?

Going further on this. I'm going to assume that corrupting and converting are essentially the same thing because I don't have any idea how corrupt might differ (other than maybe it can be undone by the exorcist?).

Trying to put together a possible timeline, here's what I've got:

Day 1:
Wolves: Eaglefan, NtnDeacon, Zinto
Village lynches Ntn

Night 1:
Zinto corrupts Narc (or someone else)
Wolves NK bhlloy

Day 2:
Wolves: EF, Zinto, Narc/Other
Village lynches Saldana

Night 2:
Wolves NK Lathum
Zinto corrupts someone else here?

Day 3:
Wolves: EF, Zinto, Narc, Other?
Village lynches Zinto

Night 3:
Wolves NK Danny

Day 4:
Wolves: EF, Narc, Other?
Village lynches Raiders Army

Night 4:
Wolves NK Dzilla, Crimsonfox

Day 5:
Village lynches Bug

Night 5:
Wolves NK SnDvls

Day 6:
Village lynches Narc

Night 6:
Wolves NK Grammaticus
*If EF is the only wolf left, does he nightkill as well as convert here?

Day 7:
Wolves: EF, Other
Village lynches EF, EF kills ChiefRum

Night 7:
Wolves NK Grammaticus

Night 8:
Wolvs NK Hoopsguy

Day 9:
Wolves: Other

So as far as I can tell w/o seeing another wolf role popping up to throw a wrench in this, we're down to our last wolf at this point.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:32 PM   #3376
The Jackal
Coordinator

Yeah I'm out to work now, won't be back until after the deadline. I agree with not sharing too much information as to make the kill decision more difficult.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #3377
Autumn
Head Coach

The more I look back though the more I think we've got the right guy. Narc even discourages people from voting NTN voters D2. There were no starting wolves on NTN so it seems likely there's a night one convert in there. Granted, that could be me, but it could be Mauboy more likely.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #3378
J23
College Benchwarmer

The thing that is bugging me is the seer scan on night3, which is why I was trying to look back at the timing. Unless he's got the item or an ability to hide from scans, we could be screwing up here. I was all set for lynching him yesterday w/ EF, but I'm more gunshy atm unfortunately.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #3379
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The thing that is bugging me is the seer scan on night3, which is why I was trying to look back at the timing. Unless he's got the item or an ability to hide from scans, we could be screwing up here. I was all set for lynching him yesterday w/ EF, but I'm more gunshy atm unfortunately.

He may have an ability to come up clean regardless if he has an item. I'd like to look more into this tonight when I get home from work as I'm only 75% or so sold he is a wolf. Until then

vote mau
Old 10-12-2011, 03:55 PM   #3380
J23
College Benchwarmer

Since I think we're at 6-1, a bad lynch here doesn't cost us the game at least. If those numbers are right and there aren't any oddball items/abilities in play, we can have 3 bad lynches before we lose the game.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #3381
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

20% chance just guess..

Or if mckerney believes me.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #3382
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I guess..not just guess
Old 10-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #3383
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Vote autum

I still read his posts as screaming wolf.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #3384
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Maybe not screaming but at least sounds like so.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #3385
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I regret revealing. This sucks.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #3386
Autumn
Head Coach

I continue to find it inexplicable that you're choosing me as a target. I think you could easily be building a case for someone else, there's some other players who could very well be wolves, and presumably you could help build a case for them. The fact that you're not confuses me. Your best bet at convincing us is to make a strong case for someone else. I'm your strong case?
Old 10-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #3387
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Who loves ya baby?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:28 PM   #3388
Autumn
Head Coach

Does anyone have Sndvl's detective work written down?
Old 10-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #3389
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Clearly we can't throw out the possibility of an item or power. We've seen how powerful Zinto was, for example. We had a brutal, and even a convert who had a triple vote. Those are pretty powerful. I would not be surprised at a cunning, or an object that might have helped them in that sense.

But you're right that this is a pretty strong piece in his favor, since we can be nearly certain he was converted before that. If not for his actions yesterday he certainly wouldn't be the top of my possible convert list, just because of that scan. I'm pondering this still. I'd be tempted to save him for tomorrow and try the next on my list, and let him try to prove himself with a block. The distance in distrust between him and the next ones on my list isn't gigantic, they all fit into a mold.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:57 PM   #3390
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Seer scan could have potentially been interferred with by an item. In a game with items I would assume it is entirely possible.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:59 PM   #3391
J23
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, the odd actions of him if he was the sheriff on the Bug day makes me lean heavily towards him being a wolf, which is why I was a proponent of lynching him with EF yesterday (and even left my vote there yesterday as well as putting it there today). I'm just trying to figure out if I'm missing something obvious here.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #3392
Autumn
Head Coach

Mauboy has basically done exactly what I was waiting for a wolf to do - come out yesterday and try to distract the village from EF somehow, while building up enough trust to get him through the end game. And then today with the tincture trap. Now it could be said that since he did that the real wolf didn't have to do anything. That's a real possibility, and certainly my two main targets for wolf-saving antics before yesterday have been quieter now. Usually this point in a game I'm just lost, this time I see real arguments for a whole bunch of wolves!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #3393
Autumn
Head Coach

I've got to go eat. If someone wants to make a push for someone else today, I'm willing to listen. I think we have several good possibilities. Otherwise, let's just get this done with.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #3394
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

Bug's scan coming back clear on mau is in the back of my mind on this one, but everything with the sheriff reveal is overriding that at this point.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #3395
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I was devestated that bug was villager not converted and that I could have saved him. I know everyone says "sorry xx we lynched you..". I knew I played poorly and revealed poorly.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #3396
Autumn
Head Coach

I was thinking of pushing for a switch here. Give Mauboy a chance for a block tonight. My thought is - if Mauboy was a wolf why didn't he skip a kill last night? Wouldn't it be worth missing a kill in order to cement trust and get out of a near certain lynch today? Is it just me? Because I'd do that for certain as a wolf if I knew I was going to get lynched the next day. If he's the last wolf he's not anywhere close enough to endgame that it wouldn't make sense to miss a kill. He didn't really put up any fight today to get us to lynch anyone else, so what was his plan, if he's a wolf?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #3397
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Frack. I just noticed I won't get the 20% chance to live tonight. Is this not odd at all to anybody? The wolves use an item to taint the fire when it looks likely I'm going down as the sheriff. Why not let the villagers do the dirty work. The villagers have offed two of their biggest roles..wow.

I plead to mckerney to sacrifice himself for the village so that the sheriff may live. Lynch me tomorrow to have a chance. A revived sheriff obviously gains trust from here on out but I don't have that chance. Lynch me tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #3398
Autumn
Head Coach

I think that was just for "Yesterday" wasn't it, that the flame wasn't working? Or does it not work today too?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #3399
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I'm sorry autumn but the more and more you push to save me the more and more you sound like a wolf. Just saying. At least to me.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:13 PM   #3400
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm sorry autumn but the more and more you push to save me the more and more you sound like a wolf. Just saying. At least to me.

lol, you're welcome