Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #601
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

so who was you nk going to be if Brit went with Narc tonight?
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #602
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I will apologize that I was barely around also. I forgot classes end in about two weeks and I feel the pressure from all the procrastination I have done this semester but at least it almost summer.

No worries Z. Thanks for the game.

Oh, we hate your tie mechanic.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #603
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
nice job Eagle and Danny... how much did you sweat D2 or was DAnny just not around?

D2 was interesting. I felt like the odds were stacked against us a bit in the game and I knew I was a possible early scan, so I wanted some trust for EF or vice versa if one of us was caught.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #604
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Was still going to be brit; though I had considered not sending in a kill to mess with things a bit.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #605
Danny
Head Coach

FWIW, I thought lynching Narc today was clearly the right play for the village.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #606
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

If you no voted on the NK I would have voted Chief tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #607
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I also think it's the first time I've voted ghost on D1, D2 and D3...

I actually thought having my vote on EF for 80% of day 1 and all of day 2 would have bought him even more trust then it did, but I guess everyone had some stuff in their favor.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #608
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

I put it up too late. I didn't want to put it up early where Narc could pull back his vote. After I forced a tie last night I knew no one would trust me but it seemed like a perfect risk to take.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #609
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Day one almost hurt us. I was just about to switch my vote and I refreshed first to see that Danny had just done so. I didn't want to follow him up so I stayed where I was.

Then day two I had to stay put as long as possible; was feeling a little pressure at that point.

I completely missed the deadline for the tie with Lathum and Danny but I was already on Lathum so I couldn't have done anything anyway.

We were hoping murrayyyyy's move last night was going to have the same result as the previous tie. Sadly we weren't that lucky.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #610
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

at least I beat Danny in post this game ;-)
Old 04-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #611
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

So did I but I didn't want to say anything and accidentally talk everyone into it.

Quote:
If you no voted on the NK I would have voted Chief tomorrow.

That was part of my line of thinking. That I wanted to keep the group at everyone's throat but then didn't want to risk another tie break unknown.

Quote:
I actually thought having my vote on EF for 80% of day 1 and all of day 2 would have bought him even more trust then it did, but I guess everyone had some stuff in their favor.

I had hoped but instead it turned into "I bet he was trying to gain trust for EF."
Old 04-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #612
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I think Narc's fake reveal may have worked better if he outed a different villager other than Lathum. Lathum may have gone with the first to reveal theory at that point.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #613
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Lathum had me paranoid with his day one play. Thought for certain he was the seer trying to mess with our heads.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #614
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I knew Danny was a wolf! boo

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #615
britrock88
Pro Starter

Probably should have reassessed lynching Narc in more detail today after yesterday's no-lynch, but time can get in the way of things.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #616
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I knew Danny was a wolf! boo

You think I am a wolf every single game, so sometimes you will be correct
Old 04-13-2013, 02:18 AM   #617
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I think Narc's fake reveal may have worked better if he outed a different villager other than Lathum. Lathum may have gone with the first to reveal theory at that point.

Yeah - I knew I wanted it to be someone who hadn't voted Autumn and I didn't think Bullet was the seer because of his "night action" comment so that left murra5y or Lathum. I actually thought Lathum could be the seer and had scanned you so I felt that that was the way I had to go. My main concerns were preventing the person who hadn't been scanned getting lynched on day three and outing the seer - so I guess I met the objectives. Would have been nice to kill a villager without losing Danny but that was always going to be a reach.

Day two was horrible - two games where the wolves have sailed through and then the one where I'm on their side BOTH of them were on the block. Luckily Chief saved us there. And again when he steered the vote off of you on day four. Got to say that I was impressed with Chief's reasoning the last couple of days, even if it did lead him wrong on day four. I was sure he was going to suggest a tied Eagle/murra5y vote last night. But yeah voting me was clearly the right play on the last day - as clearly right as voting me the day before was wrong. Glad I wasn't around day four because I'd have probably panicked - that was crazy stuff down the stretch.

Unfortunately the cultist is probably the role that REALLY has to be around at deadline to be fully effective. Had I been here I could have been the one to vote Eagle and then move my vote off of him on day one and let Danny stay on Eagle all day. The general lack of discussion made it pretty hard for me to do what I wanted as a cultist (gain suspicion). I actually tried but I just couldn't come up with the sort of stuff that would get me doubts - survival from the lynch is too deeply ingrained in me I guess.

I think the tie rules should be explicit - and in a game like this where there should be odd numbers all the way I'd stick with first vote wins a tie. Other than that good game Zinto - sorry about the lack of activity, I guess that's a result of a vanilla game.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:06 AM   #618
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Oh and I had my usual luck with scan targets

1. Fontisian
2. Claphamsa

Go me!
Old 04-13-2013, 03:27 AM   #619
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Oh and I had my usual luck with scan targets

1. Fontisian
2. Claphamsa

Go me!

It means we were on the same page with who might be seer
Old 04-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #620
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

People can play the game any way they like, but I think Bulletsponge did a read disservice by not revealing.

I just don't understand his "I don't reveal" line of thinking. Revealing is every bit as much a part of the game as voting.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #621
Danny
Head Coach

I did not understand the play either. As a wolf, it was very obvious he scanned me very early on in the day (as after not voting for me or talking much about me for two days he suddenly talked about how suspicious I was and voted me). So he was going to be nked either way, why not just full reveal early on, get your first wolf, catch the cultist and go from there.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #622
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I disagree, everyone should play how they see fit, there is no one "right way" thats one of the reasons I stopped for so long.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:11 PM   #623
Danny
Head Coach

Well that's true but we can offer our opinions as well.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:17 PM   #624
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well that's true but we can offer our opinions as well.

sure, but when you word it how you do, you risk running off people.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #625
fontisian
College Prospect

Well done wolves.
Quote:
This.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #626
Danny
Head Coach

I don't know, I just said I didn't understand the play and explained my reasoning, I think it hurt more because no one knew bullets style of not revealing as far as I know.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #627
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
People can play the game any way they like, but I think Bulletsponge did a read disservice by not revealing.

I just don't understand his "I don't reveal" line of thinking. Revealing is every bit as much a part of the game as voting.

With that said, you also blasted Narc for revealing. Saying it would be a bad play for the seer to reveal at that time.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:32 PM   #628
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Though I knew he wasn't I would have so loved Narc to have been the wolf at the end. How awesome would that have been.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #629
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Oh, on the laptop front. I have not had any success at all. I have tried restoring from a couple months ago and starting over and once it boots, about 30 seconds later blue screen.

This sucks.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:14 AM   #630
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
With that said, you also blasted Narc for revealing. Saying it would be a bad play for the seer to reveal at that time.

Because I knew Narc wasn't the seer. This comment makes zero sense. Less than zero actually unless you look at it in a vacuum.

Once Narc fake reveals it makes perfect sense for the real seer to reveal, especially since they found a different wolf because we can nail 2 baddies.

There is a reason why rolled villagers rarely make it until the end, because at some point they have to reveal to help flush out a wolf or build a COT. It's just part of the game.

I think I'm going to try a new strategy, it's called the no vote strategy. I'm not going to vote in games. You think people will comment about it? They sure will.

FWIW I don't think anyone came off as being rude to Bulletsponge, just giving an opinion.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #631
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Though I knew he wasn't I would have so loved Narc to have been the wolf at the end. How awesome would that have been.

I thought about that at the end as well - but then I realised that in that scenario I wouldn't know who the cultist was and if the cultist got lynched then I would be dead the next day.

It would have made sense though as my voting record was (intentionally) crappy. Can't believe you guys even considered nking me after I'd put my vote on Autumn.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #632
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Not sure about Bullet's strategy either although I see it more as a black mark against my fake reveal that Brit and murra5y both went with him at the end. I should have pushed more for Bullet being the cultist. But I couldn't believe nobody said that if I was bad I was probably trying to incriminate Danny as a villager as that was kind of what I was going for (apart from steering the voting away from Eagles).
Old 04-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #633
britrock88
Pro Starter

EagleFan caught up to me on post count in the postgame! Aah!
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #634
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Because I knew Narc wasn't the seer. This comment makes zero sense. Less than zero actually unless you look at it in a vacuum.

Once Narc fake reveals it makes perfect sense for the real seer to reveal, especially since they found a different wolf because we can nail 2 baddies.

There is a reason why rolled villagers rarely make it until the end, because at some point they have to reveal to help flush out a wolf or build a COT. It's just part of the game.

I think I'm going to try a new strategy, it's called the no vote strategy. I'm not going to vote in games. You think people will comment about it? They sure will.

FWIW I don't think anyone came off as being rude to Bulletsponge, just giving an opinion.

At the end of the day, it's a game. If everyone played exactly the same way it would be a boring game that no one would play.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #635
Autumn
Head Coach

Nice game everyone. Sorry, I wasn't around much to make a case against myself.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #636
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Actually I'm not so sure. If I don't think the wolves know my identity as the seer then it might be worth it. We lynch you and the wolves kill someone. I hope I can find the wolf during that night. Reveal next day and we lynch Danny. I get Nked the night and we have either found the other wolf or, more likely, we have a cleared villager who can lead the vote on the final day. I think that works out better (for the village) than what actually happened.

Also better would be to immediately reveal - lynch Danny and then have two shots at getting the other wolf with you cleared the next day.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:30 PM   #637
Danny
Head Coach

I actually was going to fake reveal as seer on day three if I felt confident of who the cultist was.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #638
Danny
Head Coach

Of coruse I never ran that plan by Eaglefan, so he would have been surprised. I actually often find it better not to precoordinate everything with your fellow wolves so things come out more naturally. I think people who wolf with me have noticed I dont send too many PM's other than talking about who to night kill.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #639
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
At the end of the day, it's a game. If everyone played exactly the same way it would be a boring game that no one would play.

Making the smart play isn't the same play every game. I am sure there are plenty of games there shouldn't be a reveal.

I don't think anyone is being critical, hell, people were equally if not more critical of my day one offer to be lynched. It's discussin the benefits or downfall of a strategy.