Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2018, 10:48 PM   #601
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
If I could switch my Steam MPQ account to any of my tablets (amazon, iPad, Samsung tablet), I would. I can't figure it out.

For about two years, I have been intensely playing Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, Creature quest and Dungeon Boss. FFBE is my go-to for min-maxing, statistical fun, and lots of completion goodness. You will never achieve completion, but can it's fun. I'm not recruiting, as there are no guilds. Friends are very, very important and, thankfully, friends are easy to add. Would love to see the lovers of math, strategy, and out-of-the-norm thinkers from FOFC take a shot. Great game.

You can, but you need to contact customer support. They'll do a one-way transfer for you. Steam -> mobile only. Can't go the other way, and you can't reverse it if you change your mind later.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 02:50 PM   #602
Schmidty
Coordinator

Thanks for the info Sack. I built an amazing gaming rig about a year ago, but we have satellite internet and my daughter is THE Skyrim fan, so she's on it a lot. I basically just use tablets now. I can leave the mountains and hang in town for a bit to update the tablet games. Can't bring my giant gaming are or even my tower. I am desperately looking for a game like FOFC, OOTP, and FM on tablet. I don't even live in cellphone range, so I wouldn't be able to answer. At my mother-in-law s. This fire has killed 2 people and I knew them both.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:32 PM   #603
General Mike
Pro Starter

Not sure who's still playing, but finally got a 5* champion in Cable. Definitely makes things easier.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:52 AM   #604
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post
Not sure who's still playing, but finally got a 5* champion in Cable. Definitely makes things easier.

5* champions do make things easier although they aren't all created equal.

You could do worse than Cable, for sure.

I championed God Emperor Doom a bit ago. He's fun. True healing when the AI matches his active colors, board shake + burst team healing, and a decently inexpensive nuke. Mmmmm.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:39 AM   #605
General Mike
Pro Starter

Yeah. Cable isn’t great but he definitely speeds up the process for SCL8. He’s by far my strongest character, so putting him with some combination of Rocket, Nico, Ironheart, 3* Ironman and 3* Dr strange definitely works well enough.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:45 AM   #606
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah. Cable isn’t great but he definitely speeds up the process for SCL8. He’s by far my strongest character, so putting him with some combination of Rocket, Nico, Ironheart, 3* Ironman and 3* Dr strange definitely works well enough.

Do you have 5* Daredevil? The strikes Cable puts out plus the addition of a second stun can be tasty, even if 5DD isn't a champion.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:01 PM   #607
General Mike
Pro Starter

I have like 1 cover for Daredevil. I have all the 5*s rostered except Hela, but nobody really close to champion level. I think the closest are Green Goblin and Black Bolt with 10 and Star Lord, Silver Surfer and first Avenger Cap with 8
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 05-08-2019, 01:16 PM   #608
SackAttack
Head Coach

Green Goblin could be a decent pair with Cable. Minimal color overlap and his yellow passive can fortify Cable's strikes.
Old 05-08-2019, 02:19 PM   #609
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ronin may be joining my gritty when he gets covers.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:48 AM   #610
General Mike
Pro Starter

Any thoughts on 3* farming SackAttack or anyone else? I am basically doubling up on roster slots for my 3*s that have fast turnover (Storm, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow both Caps, etc.) and holding covers in reserve, but there has to be a better plan. Not like I use my 3*s much except certain occasions, so should I sell my max Black Widow and Cap and Storm and use the level 180-ish guys instead?
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 05-23-2019, 03:30 PM   #611
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Any thoughts on 3* farming SackAttack or anyone else? I am basically doubling up on roster slots for my 3*s that have fast turnover (Storm, Thor, Hawkeye, Black Widow both Caps, etc.) and holding covers in reserve, but there has to be a better plan. Not like I use my 3*s much except certain occasions, so should I sell my max Black Widow and Cap and Storm and use the level 180-ish guys instead?

Missed this last week. Sorry for the late reply.

Basically, what I do - and I have this luxury because I have extra unused roster spots - is hang onto my max-champion 3* until the replacement is ready to champion. At that point, I sell off the max champion, champion the replacement, and keep on rolling.

That way, if it's a character you rely on, you at least have a champion-level replacement ready to go. Eventually, if you're championing 4* (and someday 5*) you probably won't use the 3* much beyond PVP and Story essential nodes. That's where I'm at, and why I wait until the replacement is ready to champion.

I know some people who wait until the duplicate is a max-champion, but IMO that's crazy talk. That locks the roster spot in for longer, and if you're swimming in 4* and 5* waters, the functional difference between a level 167 and a level 266 3* is inconsequential.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:56 PM   #612
AnalBumCover
College Starter

So I'm now at the point where my ISO-8 stores can no longer keep up with the 4*/5* covers that I earn.

3* are all champed (none max-champed yet)
4* are all rostered, except for the latest Human Torch (13 champed)
5* about half rostered.

What is my strategy now? Whom to prioritize upgrading with ISO-8? Should I be selective when the opportunity to champion a 4*? Whom should I select for bonus pulls? etc.

This is all new to me, as I had always enjoyed the abundance of ISO-8 in the past.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:34 PM   #613
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
So I'm now at the point where my ISO-8 stores can no longer keep up with the 4*/5* covers that I earn.

3* are all champed (none max-champed yet)
4* are all rostered, except for the latest Human Torch (13 champed)
5* about half rostered.

What is my strategy now? Whom to prioritize upgrading with ISO-8? Should I be selective when the opportunity to champion a 4*? Whom should I select for bonus pulls? etc.

This is all new to me, as I had always enjoyed the abundance of ISO-8 in the past.

There's a certain amount of "not enough info" present there. What's your playstyle like? Are you a PVPer? PVEer? Both? What benchmarks do you aim for in progression in each? Etc. That kind of info gives me a view into what your ISO acquisition rates might be like.

As to your other questions, the answer is, largely, "it depends." Without knowing who your 13 champions are, it's hard to say "you should target these others as your next champions." The squishy answer becomes "who's closest to 13 covers? Work on championing them, first."

As for bonus pulls, some 4* yield 5* covers every 20 champion levels or so; I'd be inclined to target those cats with bonus pulls first. Not necessarily for the champion levels, but to get them to the point you CAN champion them so you can get that gravy train rolling.

So here's the thing about ISO-8, to change tacks a bit. You're right that in the early game, it's abundant. That's in large part because you can champion a 2* essentially every 3 days if you're a "progression" player in PVE. 'Bout every six days for 3*, and there's only about a combined 45 of those two tiers.

The 4* tier is pushing, like, 80 all by itself. And the costs, as you're noticing, are much higher. But the kicker is that if and when you get to the point where you have essentially the entire tier championed (always excepting new releases which take a little bit post-release to cover and champion), you'll find that your ISO stores suddenly swell back up. I've got about 2.5 million saved right now, because all I use it for is that occasional new release 4* getting championed a month or so post-release, and whenever I get a new 5* cover, I level them to their new max.

The 4* tier is the biggest ISO grind. Once you make some serious headway on that, the pinch eases again. I don't know how they're going to address the "post-ISO" economy for 5* players, but supposedly they are, so.
Old 09-04-2019, 08:34 AM   #614
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Here's the added info:

I'm mainly a PVE player, playing daily up to at least the 4-play nodes. Usually I'll replay for 5 or 6+, depending on my free time near the end of the day. I'll always play above and beyond the call of duty on the Alliance events.

The only time I delve into the PVP land is when I need some quick HP. But, like on PVE, if I have some free time I'll dip my feet a little deeper. I'm a little picky when choosing my opponents, so this can be a bit of an ISO sink if I'm constantly hitting the "Next" button.

My 13 4* champs: America, Carol, Star-Lord, Sam Wilson, Ant-Man, Winter Soldier, Wolverine, Carnage, Elektra, Gamora, Peggy, Miles, and Lady Thor. 12-covers are Howard the Duck, Devil Dinosaur, Hulkbuster, Wiccan, Ghost.

And yes, I also have the 2* farming system in place.

ETA: I play the DP daily, all the way through BB.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 09-04-2019 at 08:37 AM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:03 PM   #615
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Here's the added info:

I'm mainly a PVE player, playing daily up to at least the 4-play nodes. Usually I'll replay for 5 or 6+, depending on my free time near the end of the day. I'll always play above and beyond the call of duty on the Alliance events.

The only time I delve into the PVP land is when I need some quick HP. But, like on PVE, if I have some free time I'll dip my feet a little deeper. I'm a little picky when choosing my opponents, so this can be a bit of an ISO sink if I'm constantly hitting the "Next" button.

My 13 4* champs: America, Carol, Star-Lord, Sam Wilson, Ant-Man, Winter Soldier, Wolverine, Carnage, Elektra, Gamora, Peggy, Miles, and Lady Thor. 12-covers are Howard the Duck, Devil Dinosaur, Hulkbuster, Wiccan, Ghost.

And yes, I also have the 2* farming system in place.

ETA: I play the DP daily, all the way through BB.

So America, Carol, Gamora, and Peggy are excellent choices for that first batch of champions. All four of them are also feeders for 5*, although America (feeds Jessica Jones) and Gamora (feeds Thanos) are the clear winners in that feeder game.

The rest of your champion feeders are Ant-Man (Wasp), Winter Soldier (Infinity War Cap), Wolverine (Old Man Logan), Carnage (Ock) and Miles (Kingpin). Of those, Infinity War Cap and OML are mid-tier or better, IMO.

So that's the good news - you've got some choices if you want to target feeder 4* who feed upper-tier 5*.

Shuri is standing in the front row bouncing around and waving her hand to get your attention. She feeds Okoye, who makes literally EVERYBODY better. Valkyrie plays well with Okoye, especially in SHIELD Simulator, and feeds Thor. Incidentally, Thor/Okoye/Valkyrie has been my go-to team in the Simulator to get the 4* cover each season. It's a wicked fast climb, and Valkyrie didn't lose her spot until I championed Sabretooth, who fills basically the same niche in the team as Valkyrie does, but needs less red AP to do it.

Mordo feeds 5* Doctor Strange now, which is lovely with Okoye.

Kingpin feeds 5* Daredevil, and 5DD's healing ability is incredible for saving on health packs in either story mode. His bonus damage to stunned characters also makes him a wonderful companion to your existing Gamora champion.

Either way, 4* Rocket & Groot should be near the top of your list as a 4* champion to speed up your PVE play and help out in PVP, also.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:26 AM   #616
SackAttack
Head Coach

Major champion rewards update/rework coming on Monday.

TL;DR - shards are getting inserted into the rewards for added flexibility when characters in the 2-4* tiers reward character covers; some 3* will start rewarding covers and shards for TWO 4* characters; and nearly every 5* will have a 4* feeding them. I think only Carnage and Beta Ray Bill are exempt at this time.

Monday is going to be absurd.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:45 AM   #617
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Major champion rewards update/rework coming on Monday.

TL;DR - shards are getting inserted into the rewards for added flexibility when characters in the 2-4* tiers reward character covers; some 3* will start rewarding covers and shards for TWO 4* characters; and nearly every 5* will have a 4* feeding them. I think only Carnage and Beta Ray Bill are exempt at this time.

Monday is going to be absurd.

Does it make sense to not open packs for the next few days?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:06 PM   #618
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Does it make sense to not open packs for the next few days?

They've indicated that there will be some kind of retroactive champion rewards given out related to the change. Like, you're probably not going to get the ENTIRE rewards table for a given character, but where changes have happened, such as shards being given out at a milestone you've passed? You're likely to get those.

There's also the possibility of shards replacing a reward you're coming up on, whether it's HP, Command Points, what-have-you. And it's worth noting that while you'll still walk away from a given 3* with at least three 4* covers, two of those will be in the form of collected shards. So if you're approaching a guaranteed 4* cover, applying champion covers now and then collecting the shards retroactively on Monday would be the way to go.
Old 12-10-2019, 03:55 PM   #619
SackAttack
Head Coach

And apparently I'm wrong because Demiurge decided to light a mountain of poop on fire.

Good gravy, y'all.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:25 PM   #620
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
And apparently I'm wrong because Demiurge decided to light a mountain of poop on fire.

Good gravy, y'all.

Completely unclear on the game mechanics, but I woke up to four 5-star covers and a ton of fractals. Not sure what to make of it.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #621
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Completely unclear on the game mechanics, but I woke up to four 5-star covers and a ton of fractals. Not sure what to make of it.

You got stuff.

Whether you got as much stuff as you were supposed to have gotten depends upon your specific roster construction/strength, but the nature of the retro rewards was significantly worse than communication and past precedent suggested it would be.

In the past, a new 4*->5* feeder would have rewarded any would-have-been covers retroactively. So, to wit, if your Professor X was level 321, you would have expected to get the 5* Prof X covers from levels 280, 300, and 320.

That's how it's been for the last like 18 months, and that's how they heavily implied it was to go this time as well for all the new feeders.

Then the day came, and folks with a Prof X in that shape got the cover for 280, then 100 shards for each of the cover milestones they'd passed (300, 320, 340, 350, 360). Which means if you had a max-champion 4* Professor X, instead of six 5* covers, you got, essentially, two: the one at 280, and then five separate 100 shard rewards, enabling you to buy a second for 500 shards, instead of the five covers you would have gotten the last time they did feeders.

Then just to make things super fun, if your Prof X was level 319, you got shards retroactively from levels 316 and 318 with the balance coming at 320 to get THAT cover in full, but if your Prof X was level 321 as in the prior example, you didn't get the 316, 318, or 320 shards. Folks with lower-level champion feeders will end up getting more covers from the character in the long run than people with higher-level feeders will.

That's a different thing from whether or not existing feeders that converted to shards should have been retroactively awarded in full, which is ALSO a bone of contention for some right now.

But the main flaming poop pile is the "if you passed a cover milestone before Tuesday, you got screwed" issue. And who knows what's going to come of that.

I should have had three Archangel covers from Nightcrawler (got one) and two from Professor X (again, one), and that's just off the top of my head. Yay, I got 10+ covers from all the new feeders, but the lost covers for Archangel and Prof X ain't ever coming back unless they walk the change to retroactive feeder rewards back, and that kinda sucks balls.