Here we go...

CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 11:15 AM   #3
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
No more Boston Rob, please no more.

Get used to it. He'll be competing in the very next season.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:47 PM   #4
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Ep one was kinda dull. I don't know how this will work out. Maybe I'm just sick of Survivor finally. At first I was rooting for Elaine but after she started crying at tribal I couldn't care less.

I think I like watching rob and sandra comment on things going on. Especially at tribal
Kinda funny
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:40 PM   #5
Racer
College Benchwarmer

This cast seems to be solid but I worry they're going to waste to much time on the Rob and Sandra segment each week and not enough time fleshing out the tribe dynamics of each tribe. The most boring part of this episode was the Rob and Sandra part. I thought it dragged to much.

I came up with some post premiere episode power rankings for fun. No spoilers but I did take into account their Survivor bios, pregame interviews with Josh Wigglers, the edit, and Ronnie's exit interview on RHAP. If there are spoilers out there, I am not spoiled.

Power Rankings

Spoiler
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:19 PM   #6
Racer
College Benchwarmer

That was a tough episode to watch tonight. I don't think Survivor has ever broke the 4th wall before.

I feel like Missy and Elizabeth crossed a line that shouldn't ever be crossed. Shame on Dan and Aaron as well.

Props to Janet, Kellee, and Jamal on how they handled things.

Last edited by Racer : 11-13-2019 at 10:20 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:10 PM   #7
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Just finished watching it. And after reading some of the cast members & even Jeff Probst try to "explain the situation" has only made it much worse in my mind. There are no winners in this, and I'd be surprised if there isn't additional fallout. While it was an interesting intersection between reality and the Survivor fantasy, by no means was it entertaining. Just wow...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:27 PM   #8
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

A lot to unpack with that and makes me wonder if they make changes in the future IE separate sleeping areas, etc...

Was interesting explaining it to our 9 year old who watches with us.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:44 PM   #9
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I thought Dan was pretty sleazy. Was he told not to be so handsy before production stepped in? I know that we saw Kellee flinch big time when he touched her hair the one time, he should get the point. I'm glad that she did take her concerns to production and that it was dealt with by production, and hopefully this stopped the behavior.

To me it's when Missy and Elizabeth took that behavior and made a mockery of the #metoo movement that the entire season took a turn for the bad. I was extremely uncomfortable watching this. It looks like it also tanked Janet's game as she did the right thing and came to their defense, going against what her correct game strategy should have been, and then looked like a fool during tribal council.

I also thought it was so wrong that Jamal was so well spoken and trying to be understanding from the male perspective to the women's plight, and was voted out. All the while, they kept on showing Aaron with this smirk on his face that made him appear completely evil.

Essentially, everybody in the episode that did the right thing was punished, and all the bad people are still in the game.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:10 AM   #10
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Well that sucked.

I try really hard to avoid spoiler sites, but I know some people here dabble in them. If anyone knows, can you give me a (spoiler-tagged) yes/no on whether Dan goes on to win or make the final?
Old 12-12-2019, 07:36 PM   #11
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
If anyone knows, can you give me a (spoiler-tagged) yes/no on whether Dan goes on to win or make the final?
Apparently not. Yikes.
Old 12-19-2019, 10:12 PM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Any word on what happened with Dan?

got kicked out after previous warnings for touching a female crew member on the leg (he said was accidental, but they decided enough was too much).