Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2005, 08:01 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

TUCKER-MARIST WEEK. (Televised in Metro Atlanta, Internet Radio Elsewhere)

The annual disagreement between the Tucker Tigers and Marist War Eagles is this Friday night. It will be televised live, and also will be available on internet radio.
Quote:

Quote:
PRESS RELEASE

Media Contact:

Matt Stewart 770-559-7800

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 11, 2005

Comcast to Televise Marist vs. Tucker

Atlanta – Comcast will televise the Marist War Eagles vs. Tucker Tigers @ Adams Stadium for week five of its 14-week, 2005 ChevroletHighSchoolFootballGameoftheWeek broadcast schedule.
The game will be televised live in Atlanta on CSS (ComcastSportsSoutheast), Comcast Cable Channel 45, Friday, September 16th at 7:30 p.m.
Marist is 4-0 on the season after beating Chamblee 34-14 Friday night. The War Eagles are ranked eighth in this week’s Atlanta Journal-Constitution AAAA Top-10. Marist also has victories over Benedictine, Paulding County and Etowah, and have won each game by no fewer than 20 points.

Tucker is 3-0 on the season and was off this past weekend after opening its schedule with wins over Cedar Grove, Americus-Sumter and Lakeside-DeKalb. The Tigers have won by an average of close to 27 points. Tucker is ranked third in this week’s AJC AAAA Top-10. This game will likely decide the Region 6-AAAA Championship. The Tigers were a 9-7 winner in last year’s match-up at Marist.

The Chevrolet High School Football Game of the Week will also be simulcast on SportsRadio 790 “The Zone” (WQXI-790 AM).

CSS Sports Anchor Matt Stewart is now in his eighth consecutive season as play-by-play commentator. Chuck Oliver of SportsRadio 790 “The Zone” has taken over full-time color commentator duties this season after appearing in a number of broadcasts in 2004. Chris Cotter has rejoined the broadcast team as sideline reporter after several seasons working Atlanta Thrashers games on radio.

###

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
Once again, the Tucker-Marist game will be broadcast on the web at www.gaprep.com. It's a Marist broadcast, so you have to listen to them talk about how bad the officiating is (in other words, they didn't pay them enough), how it's almost unfair what an athletic advantage Tucker has (in other words, we grew the grass longer and watered the field to slow them down), and how Coach Alan Chadwick may walk on water (in other words, there is standing water on the field from their gratuitous watering of it).
Also, if, as the press release says, the game is on 790 The Zone, it can be listened to online at http://www.790thezone.com/Multimedia/ListenLive790.aspx

This, as usual, should be a classic confrontation. If any of you in metro Atlanta want to attend, tickets are available online here. Should tickets sell out, let me know and I might be able to get yours at the school. Adams Stadium has a stated seating capacity of 6,500. I am told that they're bringing in extra seats for this one. With nice weather being forecast, the crowd is expected to exceed 10,000 for this one.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 09-13-2005 at 08:04 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:24 PM   #2
Ben E Lou

Cross-town rivals to lock up in intense region battle

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 7:03 PM EDT
E-mail this story | Printable Version

By Calleb Obumba

DeKalb Neighbor Sports Editor

Two of DeKalb's heavyweights, Marist and Tucker will clash Friday, in a game that will most likely determine the winner of Region 6-4A.

The stands of Adams Stadium will be swamped, as thousands of fans will be ready to see the highly anticipated match-up between the two perennial powerhouse schools.

The tale of the tape is the usual, both teams are undefeated and ranked in the top 10 in the state. Tucker has owned this heated match-up, winning three out of the last four games between the War Eagles.

Both coaches, who respect each other, look at the game as a challenge for their players.

"Our kids look forward to this game. It's going to be interesting to see how they respond to this early test," said Tucker coach Bill Ballard.

"This is going to be a great measuring stick for us to see how good we are," said Marist coach Alan Chadwick.

The No. 7 War Eagles (4-0, 2-0) have been dominating their opponents, led by a rushing attack that has been wearing and tearing teams, scoring an average of 37 points per contest. Even though Marist has looked flawless at times, don't expect coach Chadwick to toot his horn.

"We have been making progress, but we need to be more consistent on both sides of the ball," said the veteran coach

Fullback Preston Lyons has rushed for over 100 yards in three out of four games, while running backs Stan Hoover and Michael Husack have been a one-two punch for the unstoppable wish-bone offense.

The defense led by defensive tackle Michael Gann, linebacker Wyatt Middleton and corner back Jason Garofalo has been a dominant force for the Marist's swarming defense.

The No. 3 Tigers will enter the game fresh off of a bye week. Tucker (3-0, 1-0) has sent teams to the locker room early in their first three games. The Tigers have outscored their opposition 120-30.

Dewayne Harris, the Tigers dual-threat quarterback has been a headache to his opposing defensive coordinators. Harris and his brother Derrick have been a deadly one-two combo. The two connected three times this season for touchdowns.

However, the Tigers impact player this season has been Myke Compton. Compton, who plays running back, defensive back and returner, has scored five touchdowns this season, leading his team to blowout victories over Cedar Grove [42-3], Americus [42-21] and Lakeside [37-6].

"I call him [Compton] our throwback player, because he will give a 110 percent effort at anything you ask him to do," said Ballard.

In addition, the Tigers will receive a boost on both sides of the ball, as standout running back and corner back Asher Allen will return to the line-up, after sitting out the last game from an injury.

Other players to watch will be defensive lineman Jotis Head, and line backer Donny Hardy. The two must team up to stop the Marist's balanced rushing attack.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:27 PM   #3
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Is this a little earlier in the season than usual for this matchup, or am I just being fog-brained?
Old 09-14-2005, 06:31 PM   #4
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Is this a little earlier in the season than usual for this matchup, or am I just being fog-brained?
Fog-brained. It is actually a week later, I'm pretty sure. I seem to recall a September 11th memorial at Marist one year.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:33 PM   #5
SackAttack
Head Coach

Who usually wins this game?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:37 PM   #6
Ben E Lou

Research reveals...

DateDayTimeOpponent/EventLocation/Score
Aug 31Fri Lakeside, DeKalb (7-AAAAA)Won 35-0
Sep 07Fri Cairo (1-AAAA)Won 14-6
Sep 21Fri Marist (5A-AAAA)*Won 7-0
Oct 05Fri Cedar Grove (5B-AAAA)*Won 14-6
Oct 12Fri Stone Mountain (5B-AAAA)*Won 40-6
Oct 19Fri Dunwoody (5B-AAAA)*Won 33-7
Oct 26Fri Clarkston (5B-AAAA)*Won 38-6
Nov 02Fri Columbia (5B-AAAA)*Won 31-3
Nov 09Fri McNair (5B-AAAA)*Won 27-20
Nov 16Fri North Springs (5A-AAAA)Won 47-28
Nov 23Fri Sequoyah (6-AAAA)Lost 0-17

Aug 30Fri Griffin (2-AAAA)Won 36-21
Sep 06Fri St Pius X (6-AAAA)*Won 40-15
Sep 13Fri Marist (6-AAAA)*Won 27-14
Sep 20Fri Dunwoody (6-AAAA)*Won 28-12
Sep 27Fri North Springs (6-AAAA)*Won 21-0
Oct 11Fri Forsyth Central (6-AAAA)*Won 48-21
Oct 18Fri South Forsyth (6-AAAA)*Won 28-10
Oct 25Fri Chamblee (6-AAAA)*Won 45-8
Nov 01Fri North Forsyth (6-AAAA)*Won 40-7
Nov 08Fri Riverwood (6-AAAA)*Won 49-0
Nov 22Fri Paulding County (7-AAAA)Won 14-10
Nov 29Fri Westlake (5B-AAAA)Won 43-7
Dec 06Fri Shaw (2-AAAA)Lost 7-37

Aug 30Sat Griffin (2-AAAA)Won 36-21
Sep 05Fri St Pius X (6-AAAA)*Won 28-3
Sep 12Fri Marist (6-AAAA)*Lost 19-31
Sep 19Fri Dunwoody (6-AAAA)*Won 38-0
Sep 26Fri North Springs (6-AAAA)*Won 35-7
Oct 10Fri Forsyth Central (6-AAAA)*Won 38-0
Oct 17Fri South Forsyth (6-AAAA)*Won 20-17
Oct 24Fri Chamblee (6-AAAA)*Won 38-3
Oct 31Fri North Forsyth (6-AAAA)*Won 41-0
Nov 07Fri Riverwood (6-AAAA)*Won 55-3
Nov 21Fri Ringgold (7-AAAA)Won 45-20
Nov 28Fri McNair (5A-AAAA)Won 30-0
Dec 06Sat Troup (2-AAAA)Won 29-0
Dec 13Sat Statesboro (3-AAAA)Lost 24-27

Aug 20Fri Cedar Grove (5W-AAAA)Won 45-6
Aug 27Fri Americus-Sumter (1-AAAA)Won 27-19
Sep 03Fri Lakeside, DeKalb (6-AAAA)*Won 44-0
Sep 18Sat5:00 PMMarist (6-AAAA)*Won 9-7
Sep 24Fri Etowah (6-AAAA)*Won 34-14
Oct 02Sat Chamblee (6-AAAA)*Won 40-7
Oct 08Fri St Pius X (6-AAAA)*Won 28-7
Oct 15Fri Forsyth Central (6-AAAA)*Won 54-14
Oct 22Fri North Forsyth (6-AAAA)*Won 35-0
Oct 29Fri North Springs (6-AAAA)*Won 58-6
Nov 05Fri Clarke Central (8-AAAA)Won 44-14
Nov 12Fri Northwest Whitfield (7N-AAAA)Won 48-14
Nov 19Fri Statesboro (2-AAAA)Lost 14-15

Those numbers make me remember what happened. Because of 9/11, all games were cancelled on 9/14/01. The 9/21/01 game was the first game back after 9/11, and there was an emotional tribute that both sides participated in before the game.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:38 PM   #7
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
I think we have a slight lead in the series, but, as you can see from the scores the last few years, it is always a good game.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:39 PM   #8
wbatl1
High School Varsity

I plan to listen on the radio.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:42 PM   #9
Ben E Lou

Wow. I gotta give the War Eagle press some props. There's an EXCELLENT pre-game writeup at their web site.

http://www.marist.com/media/sp/pdf_a...cker_Notes.pdf
Old 09-14-2005, 07:32 PM   #10
Ben E Lou

Old 09-14-2005, 07:36 PM   #11
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
I think we have a slight lead in the series, but, as you can see from the scores the last few years, it is always a good game.

Sure looks like it. Reminds me of the Hart/Valencia games from when I was in high school.

Sadly, the damned Vikings ended the Indians' 17 year reign (or something like that) as Foothill League champions last season. Hopefully we can get it back this year.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:15 PM   #12
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Damn! I guess there's a Bigger Rivalry than
Basic v. Foothill
OR
Basic v. Green Valley.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:28 PM   #13
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack

Tucker leads the series 7-6 all time and has won 3 out of 4.

Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by before the 2003 game, which Marist won (but Tucker won in 2004)
With the exception of 1952, Marist has fielded 11-man varsity teams every year since 1914. Since then, the War Eagles have lost three or more games in a row in consecutive years to an opponent 14 times. During Chadwick's tenure, which began in 1985, it has lost more than three in a row only twice: to Tucker (twice in '94 and once in '95) and Thomas County Central (twice each in '96 and '97).
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 04:41 AM   #14
Ben E Lou

There's a nice writeup on Tucker standout (and UGA commit) Asher Allen in today's print version of the AJC. The piture and the writeup take up nearly a half a page in the main sports section of the paper. For some reason, it is not online, so I'm re-creating it here. The text is as-is. Formatting is as close as I could get it to the paper's in this environment.

Allen 'great example of a student-athlete'
  • The vitals: Allen, a 6-foot, 197-pound senior cornerback/running back, will lead No. 3 Tucker against No. 8 Marist on Friday night.
  • Accomplishments: Allen is one of the nation's top prospects, ranked No. 73 overall and No. 5 at cornerback by Rivals.com. Allen committed to the University of Georgia after receiving more than 50 scholarship offers. He missed the past two games with a separated shoulder but has been cleared to play Friday night.
  • His coach, Bill Ballard, says: "Asher is a great example of a student-athlete. He excels in the classroom and on the football team. He is a leader for us."
Allen says
  • On his shoulder: "It feels good. If I didn't feel 100 percent, I wouldn't be playing. I could've played in those other games, but I sat out as a precaution. I'm ready to go."
  • On sitting out: "It was hard, but our team found out that we were more than just one player. There were a lot of people who watched the games who watched the Myke Comptons and other guys who really played well together as a team. For me, I'm just a small part of the puzzle. It was hard to watch, though. I wanted to be out there with my boys. All I could do was to encourage my teammates through the game."
  • On staying in shape with the injury: "The big thing was that I couldn't get contact on the shoulder. I still ran springs, did conditioning drills and went through the plays to keep my timing down. I'm in just as good of shape as I was before the injury."
  • On Tucker's 3-0 start: "We expect to do well every year at Tucker. We always have high expectations, and I think it's good that our program has reached that point of excellence. No one is acting selfish on our team. We have great chemistry this year."
  • On playing Marist: "They have a great team every year. Marist has won state championships. They are very disciplined and well-coached. There always seems to be a lot on the line when we play. It's like a playoff atmosphere because it's so intense."
  • On committing to Georgia: "It felt like the right place. I like Coach Mark Richt and the defensive coordinator, coach [Willie] Martinez. Georgia plays big-time football and they are a top 10 team every year. If you have a school like that in your state, why would any player leave the state?"
  • On being such a good student (3.4 GPA and 1400 SAT): "My parents made it very clear from the start that grades come first. If I didn't make good grades, then my parents wouldn't let me play sports. I didn't always like that when I was younger, but now I really appreciate it as a high school senior."
THE FAVORITES
A list of some of Asher Allen's favorite things:
  • Outfit: "My UGA shirt, some black shorts and flip-flops."
  • Movie: "Don't Be A Menace to Society." "It's a parody of 'Boyz in the Hood.' I've seen it more than 30 times."
  • School subject: "Math. I like doing the problems and coming to an answer. I've always done well in math."
  • Fast food: "Chcken wings and fries from Zaxby's."
  • Car: "A 2003 Jeep Liberty."
  • Vacation spot: "Home. I like to kick back and relax. I haven't been on a real vacation in a long time."
  • Ice cream: "Cotton Candy Explosion from Bruster's."

Old 09-16-2005, 04:43 AM   #15
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Quote:
Tucker-Marist a critical duel
Quote:

By MICHAEL CARVELL
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 09/16/05 When Marist coach Alan Chadwick got up to speak at the DeKalb County football media day in July, he said with a straight face that his team would "be lucky to go 4-6 this year."

It was a surprising statement from a coach who has one of the state's all-time best winning percentages with a 227-36 record in 20 years at Marist.

The War Eagles are 4-0 and ranked No. 8 in Class AAAA entering the showdown with No. 3 Tucker (3-0) at 7:30 tonight at DeKalb's Adams Stadium.

When asked about his infamous words on a hot summer day, Chadwick said he was just joking around or being "facetious" as 21 of his coaching peers looked on. However, Chadwick says he did have some legitimate concerns — and still does — as the War Eagles prepare to play one of their biggest rivals.

Since 1998, the winner of the Marist-Tucker game has won the region championship, and more importantly, home-field advantage in the state playoffs. This year's game between the top private and public school in DeKalb is expected to have the same importance.

"We're a young team, especially at the skills positions," Chadwick said. "We had a decent nucleus of players, but also a lot of question marks. We weren't sure the guys we plugged in were going to do what we wanted them to do."

Chadwick also said he had concerns about the improved competition in Region 6-AAAA: "I thought going into it, there were three teams a lot better than last year. And it still remains to be seen."

When asked to remember Chadwick's July predictions, Tucker coach Bill Ballard chuckled earlier this week. He has had a close-up look at Marist for years and expected this season's team to be just as good as any.

"[Chadwick] tries to downplay his team every year. He is worse than Vince Dooley when it comes to playing down his team's possibilities," Ballard said. "But I guess that's good. You don't want to give your opponent any type of ammunition. And I think he respects all of his opponents."

It is easy to see why the War Eagles have been described as a "bunch of no names" this year. Marist lacks the star power of the past two teams that included Anderson Russell (signed with Ohio State), Chris Davis (Duke) and Sean McVay (Miami-Ohio).

DeKalb County has 10 players on the list of the state's top 75 prospects, including three from Tucker: cornerback Asher Allen (No. 4), quarterback Dwayne Harris (No. 38) and tailback Myke Compton (No. 50).

The list does not include any of Marist's 22 seniors, although defensive Mike Gann, the son of the former Atlanta Falcons player by the same name, is drawing interest from North Carolina, and junior fullback Preston Lyons may be one of the state's top prospects next season.

"I'm not surprised to be 4-0; that's where we expected to be right now," Chadwick said. "I'm pleased with our effort and focus, but there are still several areas which we need to improve upon."

MARIST VS. TUCKER

• When; where: 7:30 p.m. today, Adams Stadium, Atlanta.

• Rankings: Marist is 4-0, 2-0 in Region 6-AAAA and ranked No. 8; Tucker is 3-0, 1-0 and No. 3.

• TV: Comcast Sports Southeast

This rivalry is so close and so fun, it is ridiculous. I went to the Freshman and JV games yesterday at Marist. Both freshman teams came in undefeated, and they played a classic, hard-fought battle. Tucker led 29-22 late, but Marist scored a TD with around 40 seconds left. They then called time out and went for two. They ran the option right. The QB read the DE properly and kept it. He got the ball, oh, 18 inches from the goal line before he was hit as he stretched for the conversion and fumbled. Tucker recovered, and then recovered the onside kick to preserved the 29-28 win. I had to leave the JV game midway through the second quarter. Tucker led that one 12-6 at the time. I haven't heard yet how that one came out. The point, though, is that this will continue to be an outstanding rivalry between two evenly-matched teams who are the undisputed top two for quite some time.

QB Dwayne Harris, FB/DB Myke Compton, OL/DL Anthony Cloud, LB Donnie Hardy and DE Randie Bourne all were there by the end of the freshman game. They seemed very, very excited and focused. Dwayne commented that the Tucker-Marist game last year was the only game in his high school career where it got so loud that he actually was having trouble hearing and being heard. (He transfered to Tucker before last season, so last year was his first Tucker-Marist game.) Pretty raucous for a high school crowd, I'd say.

The disagreement will be settled beginning at 7:30pm. Tucker's head basketball coach is heading up a tailgate starting at 4:30, and the we figure the joint will start filling up around 6:15 or so. I hope to take some pics and video to help capture the scope and atmosphere of this rivalry game.

Old 09-16-2005, 06:45 AM   #16
Ben E Lou

Oh....last year's scores...

Varsity: Tucker 9, Marist 7
JV: Marist 17, Tucker 14
Freshmen: Tucker 21, Marist 14

I don't know why, but something tells me tonight's game will be close.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:05 PM   #17
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Life got in the way, so I missed the begining of the game. There is 2 minutes left in the first right now, and it is 6-0 Tucker. Tucker has recovered a fumbled punt return deep in the Marist zone, but are penalizing themselves deep into a hole.

Homer: Who-hoo! Four day weekend!!
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:06 PM   #18
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

BTW, Comcast channell's sound sucks. You hear the crowd and little of the announcers (which can be good, but I'm sort of trying to catch up).

Old 09-16-2005, 07:13 PM   #19
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Marist now has the ball, and the big fullback that Ben told me about is just running all over Tucker right now. He is a beast!

Old 09-16-2005, 07:17 PM   #20
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Asher Allen just hit a guy with his bad shoulder, and he now is down on the ground. Not good. Not good at all.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:19 PM   #21
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

(I don't know if anyone is paying attention, but I'll keep updating anyway)

Marist finally is stopped and has to settle for a FG. 6-3 Tigers.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:20 PM   #22
henry296
College Starter

I'm following along. Thanks for the updates.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:22 PM   #23
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
I'm following along. Thanks for the updates.

Good to know.

AA has removed his shoulder pads. They are working on him to get back on the field, but it is a big question mark right now.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:26 PM   #24
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Tucker's offense is once again going the wrong way, mostly due to penalties. Facing 3rd and 20, Harris connects with Harris (his brother) for 30 (?) yards and a first down. (The play-by-play guy sucks).

Old 09-16-2005, 07:28 PM   #25
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Word is AA is out the reat of the game, and quite possibily looking at surgery on the Shoulder. Yikes!

Old 09-16-2005, 07:30 PM   #26
henry296
College Starter

Did Asher get hurt playing offense or defense?
Old 09-16-2005, 07:30 PM   #27
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Harris passes to Sims in the flat, he makes one move runs 30 yards for the score. Rio, who shattered his arm a couple of years ago and is now a punter, fakes the extra point attempt and passes the ball to Sims for the 2 point conversion.

14-3 Tucker.

Last edited by HomerJSimpson : 09-16-2005 at 07:32 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 07:31 PM   #28
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
Did Asher get hurt playing offense or defense?

Defense. He knocked the snot out of a player on third down, but it the hit was totally on his bad shoulder.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:36 PM   #29
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Tucker player drops a sure interception on 3rd down, and it is three and out for Marist. Why the heck Marist isn't force feeding the Tigers a heavy dose of Lyons (the fullback) is unknown. They haven't stopped him yet.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:37 PM   #30
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

2:21 left in the half, and Tucker starts on their own 18.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:39 PM   #31
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Compton breaks a quick hitter and runs for 15 yards on second down.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:42 PM   #32
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

(Just hitting the big plays or end of series)

Tucker stalls after two long incompletions and one short scamper, so they are punting with 40 some odd secs left.

Old 09-16-2005, 07:44 PM   #33
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Marist gets the ball on the 27 yard line. They take a knee to go into the half.

The star I'm seeing so far is Myke Compton, who has 50 yards on 7 carries, and 5 tackles with one pass defended. I'll give the stats on Harris if they give them.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:07 PM   #34
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

I'm not watching this on my DVR TV (daughter has a sleep-over), so I can't get all the stats, but Tucker has 167 yards at half, 106 of them in the air. Marist only had 17 in the air, with something like 60+ on the ground.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:08 PM   #35
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

I would be doing much better at this if my wife didn't start talking the whenever anything important is shown/said. Grrrrr....

Old 09-16-2005, 08:11 PM   #36
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

They showed a replay of the first score, and it was Harris off a QB keeper. They just mentioned that Harris has more yards in the air in the first half than he has on any complete game this year.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:12 PM   #37
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

The clock is screwed up, so they'll be keeping time on the field for now. Joy.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:14 PM   #38
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Harris to Sims, 55 yard TD!!!!

Old 09-16-2005, 08:16 PM   #39
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Extra point is good, and it is 21-3.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:20 PM   #40
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Marist keeps trying to grind it out on the ground, running the triple option on first and second. Then on third, Milton breaks off a long run, only to be run down from behind by one of the Tucker track stars.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:20 PM   #41
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Marist has a 1 down at the Tucker 33 yard line. Time called by one of the teams.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:21 PM   #42
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Lyons runs for 11 up the middle.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:23 PM   #43
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Marist continues grinding. They are now inside the 5, 3rd and goal.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:24 PM   #44
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Tucker stops the QB, Marshall, and it is 4th down. Marist calls time out to plot.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:26 PM   #45
wade moore
lolzcat

just turned to the audiocast on the internet.. dunno if i'll stick to it though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:27 PM   #46
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Marshall pulls a great fake on the option pass, ends up free to run for the touchdown.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:27 PM   #47
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Tucker still up 21-10 after the extra point.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:31 PM   #48
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

I think I just heard Ben yell "Stop calling pass plays!" as Harris is sacked on 1st down.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:32 PM   #49
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Three and out for Tucker, after two quick handoffs to their FB following the sack.

Old 09-16-2005, 08:33 PM   #50
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

FAKE PUNT!! Goes for a first down.