Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
Danny
Head Coach

Next WW Game

It is a busy time for many of us and those on the top of the list are not ready to run a game. Anyone willing to do so may post sign ups and run a game now. This will not affect your place on the sign up list.

Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'll put one together if no-one else is interested. I'll look back tonight and try to get things stirring.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
Autumn
Head Coach

Sounds good. I could try to get my game finished up and ready to roll, but mine is another not-really-Werewolf game, and I figure people would probably rather have some old school WW before we get to mine.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I actialluy have my theme for the next one, but I'm hammering out mechanic,s an it will be tough.

I'll go ahead and tell you though - I Want to do a Dr. Who game where characters are the Doctor, his cmompanions, and his enemies, and I want to have time travel in it so you can change early votes and such. I'm trying oto come up with game mechanics to balance that and make it fun.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
KWhit
Coordinator

That sounds awesome Abe.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:57 PM   #6
Danny
Head Coach

I plan on working on this and opening signups in the next few days.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I actialluy have my theme for the next one, but I'm hammering out mechanic,s an it will be tough.

I'll go ahead and tell you though - I Want to do a Dr. Who game where characters are the Doctor, his cmompanions, and his enemies, and I want to have time travel in it so you can change early votes and such. I'm trying oto come up with game mechanics to balance that and make it fun.

Good luck with that. I did run a time travel game way back and it's very hard to balance. You also have to keep "dead" people involved as they may come back to life due to a change in voting and time travel.

If you need to bounce things off anyone I'd be happy to help.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #8
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm thinking about replaying the same day over again as the mechanic, instead of changing previous votes, you redo the entire day

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 06-29-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #9
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Ah, Groundwolf Day?
Old 07-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Ah, Groundwolf Day?

Right, except multiple days, and not every day would be redoable. So on Day Four, instead of a normal Day Four, a mechanic could be activated that makes everybody redo Day Two. No lynches or actions from Day Two occur, and we head back and redo it, with new results for actions and such likely.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-01-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:41 AM   #11
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Any word on the next game?
Old 07-12-2010, 01:57 AM   #12
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, no game yet? I had a relatively simple concept I was going to try out, but I still need to finalize some of the rules and what not. If no one posts up their intent to run a game, I'll get a sign up thread up by Tuesday night (or maybe sooner, in anticipation that I'll have my rules in place by game start--keep in mind if I were to start a thread sooner, you may not see all the rules at the start, but they would be added as signups went on).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:42 AM   #13
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:50 AM   #14
The Jackal
Coordinator

Nipple? NIPPLE?! LEAVE .. ORIFICE .. ALONE
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:26 AM   #15
Danny
Head Coach

Go for it CR, I haven't been able to put stuff together for my game idea.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:17 AM   #16
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Cool deal. I'll post up a sign up thread later today. If we get a quick signup and then immediate fall off, I might start as soon as Thursday, but if it can't start by then, I'll probably make it officially start on Monday.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:31 AM   #17
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anything planned for the next week or two?
Old 08-16-2010, 12:55 AM   #18
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hyper-busy August and Sept here leaves me WW-less (and other game-less) for about a month.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #19
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh. One of my best friends played WW in real life at Gencon, and now is dying to play a game on the boards.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:23 PM   #20
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

i think a real ww would be alot better. We'll stick with this though lol

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #21
Autumn
Head Coach

That's funny one of my friends tried werewolf at Gencon too!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #22
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Having played a fair amount of mafia live, I think playing on a bulletin board beats the pants off of RL WW.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:34 PM   #23
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

That's how I found this place really. I play several games of live Werewolf at gencon every year. It's WAY different though...just cause it's live and thus the rules and distributions and roles are MUCH different.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #24
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I tried playing a real life game of lying, deceit and trickery once. Unfortunately it was with my first wife and she was the wolf!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #25
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Thank you, Rodney...
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:26 PM   #26
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

What is it like to play in RL? I would think that it is better suited for a forum, but that is without knowing the differences.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:47 PM   #27
Danny
Head Coach

I haven't played it in person, but know several who have. From what I can gather is that in person it's basically a laugh fest with people accusing others randomly, killing people who they think will get angry, etc... The way we play it's more about different types of games and strategy.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #28
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, it's now September. Does that mean people can play again?
Old 09-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #29
Danny
Head Coach

I updated the signup list. Abe is up if he can run a game. Next would be Schmidty and then you Autumn.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #30
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I can try
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:45 PM   #31
Autumn
Head Coach

You can bump me to the bottom, Danny. Survivor was the game I had planned. I'll start pondering another one.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #32
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

It's like a ghost town around here *echoes* *echoes*

Just like Roanoke *echoes* *echoes*

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-07-2010, 08:46 PM   #33
Autumn
Head Coach

If you followed that by immediately posting the sign-ups for a Roanoke-themed Werewolf game, that would be legendary. LEGENDARY.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:43 PM   #34
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Oh yeah, that woulda been pretty awesome lol. Damn it!!

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-09-2010, 12:07 AM   #35
Danny
Head Coach

Roanoke? Is that the Italian potato pasta?
Old 09-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #36
The Jackal
Coordinator

Roanoke would be a sweet WW idea.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #37
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

maybe i'll try to make one if no one else wants to. I'll have to do a bit of reasrch so i don't get anything wrong though lol.

Danny, Roanoke was an english colony that was sttled in america in the 1500s. Some went back to england (i think) to get supplies and when they came back the colony was a ghost town, not a single trace of any of the people existed. There are a few theories about what happened but til this day no one knows. The only thing left behind (this part is probably just legend) was a single word carved into one of the buildings: Croatoan

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-10-2010, 02:16 PM   #38
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, exacting historical detail is required in this forum! Always!
Old 09-10-2010, 02:50 PM   #39
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
maybe i'll try to make one if no one else wants to. I'll have to do a bit of reasrch so i don't get anything wrong though lol.

Danny, Roanoke was an english colony that was sttled in america in the 1500s. Some went back to england (i think) to get supplies and when they came back the colony was a ghost town, not a single trace of any of the people existed. There are a few theories about what happened but til this day no one knows. The only thing left behind (this part is probably just legend) was a single word carved into one of the buildings: Croatoan

Yup, Roanoke would be interesting.

Just to add further, there were reports in years after that of meeting Native Americans from the area who had blue eyes, suggesting some if not all of the village may have joined a tribe (or were forced to join).

The head of the village was Sir Walter Raleigh, who was a well known English Renaissance man of sorts back then. He was the one who returned to England for supplies.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:30 AM   #40
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Well said Sir Rum, you know your history alright my friend

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 09-11-2010, 03:22 AM   #41
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Well said Sir Rum, you know your history alright my friend

Heh...only because it has cropped up in a few books I have read. Every now and then I like to read one of those "mysteries of history" types of magazines & books. That particular mystery has always been an interesting one for me. And I think a lot of people still believe Jamestown was the first English colony in America (it was just the first to survive).

Old 09-25-2010, 07:33 AM   #42
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Bump!!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #43
Autumn
Head Coach

*crickets*
Old 10-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #44
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yup, Roanoke would be interesting.

Just to add further, there were reports in years after that of meeting Native Americans from the area who had blue eyes, suggesting some if not all of the village may have joined a tribe (or were forced to join).

The head of the village was Sir Walter Raleigh, who was a well known English Renaissance man of sorts back then. He was the one who returned to England for supplies.

I've always subscribed to the theory that they joined up with the local natives - either to survive or because they were forced to.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #45
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anything going on for games? I would run a small one but not sure how my time will play out over the next couple weeks (we're in the middle of a "deadline" push at work; I put deadline in quotes because we have seemingly random deadlines, deadlines that are created before the scope of work is even determined).
Old 10-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #46
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
deadlines that are created before the scope of work is even determined.

I LOVE THOSE KIND!!! I hate idiot bosses

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 10-25-2010, 12:51 AM   #47
Danny
Head Coach

I'm not up for running a game right now. I got a lot going on and need to study for my praxis in three weeks (which I haven't even started studying for)
Old 10-25-2010, 05:50 AM   #48
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I'm not up for running a game right now. I got a lot going on and need to study for my praxis in three weeks (which I haven't even started studying for)

Good luck! My wife took hers in June and thankfully passed.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #49
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Good luck! My wife took hers in June and thankfully passed.

Thanks! Did she graduate or just take hers early?
Old 10-30-2010, 06:44 AM   #50
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Thanks! Did she graduate or just take hers early?

She finishes her masters in December, gets her CAGS (or however it is spelled) next May. Not sure if it was early or not, but evidently everyone in her University was told to take it between June and August of the year before they get their degree.