Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #701
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

What about if half are converted? Can only 10 people sleep or will Britrock just bunk with Abe for example?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #702
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
So for our away teams today, I'm thinking something like the following unless there are objections:

Water team:
Zinto
Schmidty
3 slaves

Mining team:
(unsure about officer yet)
Britrock
mauboy
Shiggles
1 slave

For the officer on the mining team we have the following options:

A. LSG - Probably the most logical choice, unless we would rather have her assign someone to the medic position.
B. Autumn - He's exhausted, so that may negatively impact our chances for success.
C. Me - Downsides are we don't really want to expose me to chances of being mutated even with low odds and we may need my actions for ordering no-shows, upside is it let's Autumn plan more missions and LSG make someone a medic.

I was going to suggest we have more players, less slaves, but on second thought I think this is a wise plan, JAG. If we can keep to a small core the number of people who have been exposed to the outside we can make it easier to keep them examined. I'd love to maximize the haul in our missions, but planning it and including scientists will make up for the half-assed slave labor.

So this makes sense - try to stick to the scientists and miners and officers, and use the slaves for the rest.

I do have two more plans already ready, so I'm available to lead it if we choose. I definitely don't think JAG should go out. I didn't think Exhausted would effect my day activity, but if so perhaps LSG should go. I can plan two more missions and tomorrow will be rested and able to lead one.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #703
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
What about if half are converted? Can only 10 people sleep or will Britrock just bunk with Abe for example?
People can't share beds. As to how that will play out with partially converted rooms, you'll have to partially convert them to find out .
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #704
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I have no issue revealing what I did last night.

I spent the night watching Saldana. He was clearly dreaming, that much was obvious.

At one point during the night I saw another figure come up into the shadows. I couldn't make the figure out and he stayed in the shadows. I assume this was CR doing the exact thing I was doing.
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #705
Autumn
Head Coach

Another reason to get the planning done is to allow us to convert the Officer's Quarters. I know that's not the only thing htat happens there, but if we can bank some plans that's one of the more likely targets for early conversions.

It seems the sleeping berths has to be just about the last thing. If we can stock up a lot of water, that will have to be an earlier thing. And we have one backup power facility so we can do that soon.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #706
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
The facilities REQUIRED on-ship and the manpower required to convert them:
Power Facilities (at least 4 of the 5) - 20 cycles
Water Processing - 7 cycles
Cargo Holds 1-3 - 21 cycles --- 14/21 done
Crew Quarters - 10 cycles
Officers’ Offices - 7 cycles

That's 65 cycles at a bare minimum. The more facilities we can convert, though, the better.

Just wanted to bump this.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #707
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, let's figure out who we have available to do conversion work after those two missions, and what hte most we could convert is.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #708
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Officers’ Offices These offices are required for the officers to perform certain work. If damaged there may be limitations to the work which may be done. A successful spawn attack adds 1-4 cycles of repair time. Work may still be done after their conversion but before lift-off. Their conversion is required for lift-off.

It seems like there's no downside to cranking out the officer offices.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #709
Autumn
Head Coach

So to help with conversions we have

Engineers
Hoops - Chief
CrimsonFox
Darth Vilus
Simbo Klice

Security
Chubby - Slave Master
Chief or Dubb

And 16 slaves
Old 06-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #710
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
It seems like there's no downside to cranking out the officer offices.

Oh I missed that! Yeah, why not do them next then.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #711
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

I spent the night watching Saldana. He was clearly dreaming, that much was obvious.

At one point during the night I saw another figure come up into the shadows. I couldn't make the figure out and he stayed in the shadows. I assume this was CR doing the exact thing I was doing.

I wish my real life sleep had been as good as my in game sleep...are you ready to accept me as cleared now, or not?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #712
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
So, I dont' believe Simbo, Schmidty or Chubby ever showed up, correct?

(At bank). Huh? I posted a bunch. Back to work til 3
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #713
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

At some point we're going to have to convert the water, power, and crew quarters and that's going to leave us in a rather weakened state until we lift off.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #714
Autumn
Head Coach

So if this time Chubby and one of the Engineers supervise slaves, that's 5 cycles of work by 10 slaves between them.

If Hoops and CF work together, that's six cycles.

If Darth supervises Chief or Dubb, and two slaves, that's two cycles. Darth could do two cycles himself, so that seems pointless.

Let me see if I can find a better arrangement.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #715
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
(At bank). Huh? I posted a bunch. Back to work til 3

Maybe I have you mixed up with someone. Who is it that didn't submit their orders? Just Simbo and Schmidty?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #716
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
I wish my real life sleep had been as good as my in game sleep...are you ready to accept me as cleared now, or not?

No
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #717
Autumn
Head Coach

Hoopsguy could supervise 8 slaves, for four cycles of work, do 2 cycles himself, or work with an engineer for 3 cycles.

Each engineer can supervise 6 slaves, for 3 cycles, do 2 cycles himself, or work with the Chief for 3 cycles.

Chubby can help an Engineer with 4 slaves for an additional 2 cycles.

But we only have 16 slaves, so the most we can get out of them is 8 cycles. So we should have two engineers lead slave teams, and Chubby, for 16 slaves total.

That leaves Hoops and an Engineer. They can work together for 6 more cycles (total of 14). I don't think we'll beat that total any other way, but give it a spin anyone.

So 14 total cycles, in units of 6, 10 and 6.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #718
Autumn
Head Coach

Obviously that iddn't make any sense.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #719
Autumn
Head Coach

So, 14 total cycles, in units of 3, 5 and 6.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #720
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hoopsguy could supervise 8 slaves, for four cycles of work, do 2 cycles himself, or work with an engineer for 3 cycles.

Each engineer can supervise 6 slaves, for 3 cycles, do 2 cycles himself, or work with the Chief for 3 cycles.

Chubby can help an Engineer with 4 slaves for an additional 2 cycles.

But we only have 16 slaves, so the most we can get out of them is 8 cycles. So we should have two engineers lead slave teams, and Chubby, for 16 slaves total.

That leaves Hoops and an Engineer. They can work together for 6 more cycles (total of 14). I don't think we'll beat that total any other way, but give it a spin anyone.

So 14 total cycles, in units of 6, 10 and 6.

Unless I missed somewhere where you allocated the other 4, we still have all 20 slaves.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #721
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just crushed with work today, so not going to be able to take part in brainstorming. I'll go along with whatever plans our leadership group put together.

I'm also willing to put in some evening work if the thought is that we want to go into exhausted to try and maximize our conversion speeds. Preferably with another engineer so we have the "six" benefit ... Just wanted that to be a topic of discussion before making unilateral decisions.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #722
Autumn
Head Coach

The facilities REQUIRED on-ship and the manpower required to convert them:
Power Facilities (at least 4 of the 5) - 20 cycles
Water Processing - 7 cycles
Cargo Holds 1-3 - 21 cycles --- 14/21 done
Crew Quarters - 10 cycles
Officers’ Offices - 7 cycles

Ideally today we would do 7 cycles on the Warehouse, and 7 on the offices. So, 3, 5, and 6 are not ideal units of work. I don't think we can do 14 any other way though, and I don't think we can do more than 14, so maybe we finish one of these and almost finish the other?
Old 06-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #723
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I think the most cycles we can get from converting would be:

3 engineers (2 supervising 4 each, chief supervising 5) - 13 cycles
1 engineer + slave master supervising 10 total slaves - 5 cycles

That may be flat out impossible because we may not have enough real people for the 13 being supervised and we don't want some (like Saldana) doing conversion work. Realistically, I think the most work gets done (while freeing oeople for other tasks) from a combo like we tried to do yesterday:

Hoops + engineer work somewhere: 6 cycles done
Engineer + slavemaster supervises 10 slaves: 5 cycles done
Engineer supervises 4 people: 4 cycles done

That gives us 15 cycles, but what three areas do we split them into? Another possibility would be hoops supervising 5 people in 2 locations which lets us split up like this:

W3: hoops supervises 2 people, 1 engineer + slave master supervises 10 slaves = 7 cycles done, W3 complete
Officer offices: hoops supervises another 3 people + 1 engineer supervises 4 people = 7 cycles done, officer offices complete

If that's too much manpower working on the officer offices (and I think it might be), we can have 2 engineers supervising 6 total slaves and 1 person to get the last 4 cycles of work done in place of the 4 people.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #724
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Unless I missed somewhere where you allocated the other 4, we still have all 20 slaves.

JAG had suggested four go on Away missions today, so that's why I'm working with 16.

But yes, another option would be to shift some slaves from missions to conversion work. It's possible we could get that extra bit to finish two conversion jobs that way.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #725
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh I hadn't realized Hoops can split his supervision. That adds a wrinkle.

I did my calculations assuming that none of hte officers, medical staff or security staff (other than Chubby and one other) were available. But if you think we can afford to use some of those we should be able to squeeze out a couple more points.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #726
Autumn
Head Coach

JAG, you and/or I could spend an action converting, so that's a possibility. If the security chief is not interrogating anyone, it looks like he could afford to help out too. So if Chief mans the HQ, we could pull JAG, Autumn, PackerFAn and Dubb to do conversion work.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #727
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

lol...yes, that was me. So I guess we both had the same bright idea.

And interesting that you were aware of me, but I was not told you were there.

Well, maybe...did you spy? I was protecting him. That might be why I didn't notice.

I'll back dubb up, too, saldana was snug like a bug in in his bunk.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #728
Autumn
Head Coach

Okay, I think I've got this.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #729
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No

Me either, sal. I am taking it as a null value at the moment. There did not appear to be any Spawn activities that we were aware of. All I can say for sure is last night you were in your bed sleeping and didn't go anywhere, nor did anyone attack you.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #730
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

At least from my POV, things were a bit too quiet for comfort last night...
Old 06-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #731
Autumn
Head Coach

Warehouse - Hoops Supervises JAG and Autumn (2), Engineer works (2), Engineer leads slave team of 6 (3)

Officers Offices - Hoops supervises Dubb and PF (2), Engineer and Chubby lead 10 slaves (5)
Old 06-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #732
Autumn
Head Coach

Find the flaws in the plan now! Let's git r dun.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #733
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Your plan works for me. I will work in the Security HQ today. I won't submit an order for a bit, though, and wait to see while others confirm.

Chief PF, we may need to come up with a plan for tonight for security, as presumeably, you, me and dubb will be Exhausted.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #734
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Having not slept last night, we are all already exhausted.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #735
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Danny is not exhausted (or shouldn't be), and Chubby can guard the slave pens at least. One of us can maybe make the sacrifice of continuing to stay up to help guard, and that person could be guaranteed to be off-duty tomorrow night. Then the other two can sleep tonight and be ready to pull guard duty tomorrow.

Anyone have thoughts on whether "Exhausted" is a one stage level, or if it is cumulative and the more you go without sleep, the worse you get?

Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #736
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Warehouse - Hoops Supervises JAG and Autumn (2), Simbo works (2), DV leads slave team of 6 (3)

Officers Offices - Hoops supervises Dubb and PF (2), CrimsonFox and Chubby lead 10 slaves (5)

Yes, that works Autumn. I added in engineer names so there's no confusion as to who is doing what.

Only other thing to sort out before actually voting is do we want LSG to make a medic out of a miner after they return from their mission or should she lead the mining mission?
Old 06-19-2012, 10:37 AM   #737
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Danny is not exhausted (or shouldn't be), and Chubby can guard the slave pens at least. One of us can maybe make the sacrifice of continuing to stay up to help guard, and that person could be guaranteed to be off-duty tomorrow night. Then the other two can sleep tonight and be ready to pull guard duty tomorrow.

Anyone have thoughts on whether "Exhausted" is a one stage level, or if it is cumulative and the more you go without sleep, the worse you get?

Here Chief:

Quote:
Exhaustion places a person at a disadvantage for all attacks. Further some actions may have a slight chance of failure if you are exhausted. You may only have one status Exhausted at a time. If you continue to push yourself, you simply remain exhausted.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #738
Autumn
Head Coach

If she makes a medic, I'll lead the mission. So it's a tradeoff basically between planning another mission and having a medic. If a Medic automatically changed into a Doctor, I'd say it's an easy call, but only 15% chance, I'm not sure which is more advantageous. I have two missions planned we could use tomorrow, so I think either way works.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:41 AM   #739
Autumn
Head Coach

I wanted to ask people who have played previous games ... how likely is it that there will be GM-provided mission opportunities? And how useful do we think exploration missions are? It seems quite a tradeoff to send guys out just to explore, so I assume that the reward can be steep. Do really powerful opportunities come along in terms of missions BK provides?
Old 06-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #740
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Autumn, I felt like that reference to exhausted in the rules was relative to being dehydrated. With Dehydration, we die in two days. We won't die of Exhaustion, and so in that way, we remain the same.

I'm not so sure that doesn't mean there isn't a cumulative negative effect on our ability to perform our duties as more nights go by with no sleep.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #741
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wanted to ask people who have played previous games ... how likely is it that there will be GM-provided mission opportunities? And how useful do we think exploration missions are? It seems quite a tradeoff to send guys out just to explore, so I assume that the reward can be steep. Do really powerful opportunities come along in terms of missions BK provides?

Exploration missions may be a luxury, so it's questionable if we can afford to do one. But if we can, I would like to know what happens. I do not recall what happened on these missions in past Spawns.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #742
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I think you should lead the mission Autumn. After 4 more missions, we may fill up our storehouses and not be able to add more until they start getting depleted. A medic could be useful to heal people even if they don't end up suceeding at the minor chance to become a doctor, which frees saldana to keep invetigating instead of healing.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #743
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Autumn, I felt like that reference to exhausted in the rules was relative to being dehydrated. With Dehydration, we die in two days. We won't die of Exhaustion, and so in that way, we remain the same.

I'm not so sure that doesn't mean there isn't a cumulative negative effect on our ability to perform our duties as more nights go by with no sleep.
Exhaustion is not cumulative. 1 night of exhaustion provides the same consequences as 5.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:46 AM   #744
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Being the new Galley master, I can guard stuff tonight if you wanna hand me a gun and whatnot. I'll just sleep this hangover off and be ready to go around, say.. 8 PM.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #745
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I'm also going to wear the same clothes I wore yesterday, because I didn't throw up on them yet.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #746
Shiggles
Mascot

Alrighty, so i'll be out of the house till probably later than orders, but ill try to get mine out, friends from out of town. BUT! conditions! In case i miss my orders, JAG, you can assign me where to go, i believe were going on more conversion runs, but it looks like those are completed due to autumn's number crunching. Any other group activities, maybe collecting water for the masses? I'll try to keep up to date on the goings on, but again, may be late. Submitting a PM to barkeep soonish!
Shiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #747
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Exhaustion is not cumulative. 1 night of exhaustion provides the same consequences as 5.

Sure, just throw my theory in my face.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #748
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

You don't need to do anything Shiggles, you'll be assigned to a mining mission by the officer that leads the team.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:54 AM   #749
Autumn
Head Coach

I think we've got a good plan. I'll let you relay the instructions to everyone, JAG, in hopefully a less confusing way than I managed yesterday. Once you've got it all laid out I'll submit my stuff to BK.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #750
Shiggles
Mascot

Cool beans, out of this hot, unpleasant sun! Just making sure you got the water situation on lockdown as well, daily reminder since it seems we got conversion goin but i didnt see that plan on the skim through posts for today :-)
Shiggles is offline   Reply With Quote