Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #351
The Jackal
Coordinator

A star on the floor, no true artist made this. Exits straight and to the right.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:14 AM   #352
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning all, I'll process actions shortly

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:18 AM   #353
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I already talked about my room, pay attention! I asked the mirror on my wall who the sexiest of us is, but none of you seem to want to claim the mantle.

There are three paladins, and assuming that the CHA requirement hasn't changed from the old-school D&D I played as a kid, those are the front-runners.

As the one evil Paladin in the group, I'm pretty sure that my dark and somewhat menacing nature plays sexy better than the goody two-shoes act that Dubb and Zitno will collectively shove down your throat. So that pretty much leaves me to claim the mantle.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #354
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm here for the next 20 minutes guys so I'll post the results of my room if I get it before I leave. Good luck all.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #355
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

You saw nothing...

Thx Jackal

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 04-02-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #356
The Jackal
Coordinator

(ooc) FYI PB I know you're in a time crunch but I think Abe said to not reveal the results of our PMs until he was done with them.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #357
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

My bad, that's what I get for triple-tasking while reading through the thread. I'll be more aware next time.

Good to play with all you guys again btw.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #358
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post

Also, when I process actions, it can take me up to an hour to get everybody processed. Please do NOT post results from PMs prior to me posting in the thread that the actions are all done and processed. Then go ahead.

Found it for myself and anyone else that may have missed it. Just a reminder.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 04-02-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #359
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anyone know what the different colors in the "roster post" imply? It doesn't appear to be driven by class or alignment.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #360
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Anyone know what the different colors in the "roster post" imply? It doesn't appear to be driven by class or alignment.

Class based I believe. Orange for wizards, green for priest-types (including Druids), blue for rogue-types (assassins, bards), purple for fighter types.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #361
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning Results have been sent!

As always, if you didn't get a post or something, just LMK me in a pm

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-02-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #362
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Fireplace was nothing but thankfully I didn't burn myself. I am heading forward into the dungeon. I'm out for a little bit as I have a doctor's appointment but should be back around the move deadline.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #363
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Found nothing, not that it matters. I require little more than the light's blessing to conquer this dungeon. I will be moving on, may the light have mercy on any of you evil types that cross my path.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #364
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

We haave a large burned star in our room. There is also a chandelier here. We are planning on heading right.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #365
Autumn
Head Coach

We're afraid of what might happen to us, Jackal.

Anybody else have a corner room? That could help orient us, eventually.

I'm staying in my room to investigate my cistern. Maybe somebody will bump into me.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #366
Autumn
Head Coach

Whoops didn't see this page.

Looks like we have two corners covered at the moment.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #367
Thomkal
Head Coach

[Greenleaf the Qwith Ranger]

Greenleaf looked around the dungeon entrance room he had been placed in, a disdainful look on his sylvan face. His eyes were the color of spring plants and grass. His long blonde hair was pulled back behind him with a decorative leaf tieback. He clearly was not at home beneath the ground so far from the forests of his world.

But he was ready for anything this dungeon might have in store for him, he stretched and flexed his hands, showing off his tall and lean lithe figure as he assessed the room looking for anything that might be a threat or worthy of more investigation.

A star was painted on the floor in dull red blood, recent from the smell of it, no doubt meant to intimidate him. It wasn't working. The only other item of note in the room was a dusty harp in the corner. Harps had intrigued him as a youth, one of the few musical instruments out there worthy of a Qwith's interest. But a few lessons quickly showed he had no talent there, and he moved on to other interests.

A small smile crossed his face for a moment as he was transported back across the years to those childhood days of dreams. Maybe he had some skill in it now as an adult? He placed his precious long bow carefully against the wall and sat down at the proper end of the harp and placed his fingers on the strings. Dust fell from the strings as he plucked at them, and the first few notes of a Qwith bedtime lullaby filled his head.

Unfortunately for him and anyone else within hearing distance, the sound that came from the harp was nothing like that lullaby but more like the wrenching horrible cries of some forest denizen that had just been pierced by one of his arrows.

Greenleaf quickly stood up from the harp, a bit red faced in embarrassment, carefully picked up his bow and strode out of the room going forward into the dungeon, hoping the next room would not contain a musical instrument of any kind.

[OOC: Nice response to my playing the harp Abe, lol]
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #368
Autumn
Head Coach

Furball looked around the room he had been placed in, a shit-eating grin on his furry face. He could almost smell the treasure. He strolled past the star on the floor and peered in every nook and cranny. Nope, not in here.

A small smile crossed his face for a moment as he noticed a cistern in the corner. Looking in the water looked decent, but he wasn't thirsty. Maybe someone else would come along later though and want a drink. Thinking back to his childhood days, he remembered the time he spit in his brother's glass and the idiot drank it. Those were special times. Furball placed his taloned fingers on the edge of the cistern and started hawking up a good one ...
Old 04-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #369
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I was funny on several of the pms, and I don't mind if anybody posts my fluff. But don't post anything from a pm rulesy like "You found 100 gold and a Chocolate Chupacabra!"

Old 04-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #370
The Jackal
Coordinator

The Drunken Harp looked in the mirror and saw a pretty attractive guy. Oh wait, that's me! It answered my question for me, although that's not -really- what I asked it.

Looks like I'm in a corner room, heading forwards.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #371
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Whoops didn't see this page.

Looks like we have two corners covered at the moment.

Not necessarily. It could just be those rooms don't have the extra doors that some of us have.

It was fun mapping things out last time but until we get people bumping into each other or going into rooms previously explored by someone, we won't be able to connect the dots.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #372
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I was funny on several of the pms, and I don't mind if anybody posts my fluff. But don't post anything from a pm rulesy like "You found 100 gold and a Chocolate Chupacabra!"

Alrighty then, from my PM.

Are you a bard? Nope. Then the harp makes ugly noise! Nothing happens. You don't know how to play harps you silly ranger!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #373
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Not necessarily. It could just be those rooms don't have the extra doors that some of us have.

It was fun mapping things out last time but until we get people bumping into each other or going into rooms previously explored by someone, we won't be able to connect the dots.

Could be, but I don't mind assuming for the moment that those are corners. I'm going to guess Abe made the Dungeon hexagonal this time just to mess with us.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #374
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I guess at this point I'm leaning towards going right unless more people I'm interested in meeting post they're are also going right.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #375
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm going to try to keep track of the rooms. Hoops, you said your room was like PB's. Did it have a fireplace in it?
Old 04-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #376
Thomkal
Head Coach

[Greenleaf]

I am going forward because victory lies that way I feel.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #377
Autumn
Head Coach

I guess I take that back. Of the five rooms we know about so far, only two have three exits, so good chance they're not all corners.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #378
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
[Greenleaf]

I am going forward because victory lies that way I feel.

To go forwards, you must go backwards, leaf of green.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #379
The Jackal
Coordinator

Bards keep good maps, don't worry. I'll be mapping up a storm. Hopefully a tavern, too.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #380
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm not going to badger everybody, but I am willing to keep info on rooms if people want to share. Let me know what's distinctive about your room and what exits it has, and ideally which direction you go.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #381
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sure, let's trust the evil midget with our information.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #382
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I'm going to try to keep track of the rooms. Hoops, you said your room was like PB's. Did it have a fireplace in it?

Nope, similar insofar as it had a star. Options for left, right, straight.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #383
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Sure, let's trust the evil midget with our information.

Confused my races, evil cat. That makes me trust him, actually.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #384
The Jackal
Coordinator

That mirror on my wall was steel, not glass. I yelled at it and whacked it with both my staffs but all it did was show me my beautiful self. Can't blame it!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #385
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
That mirror on my wall was steel, not glass. I yelled at it and whacked it with both my staffs but all it did was show me my beautiful self. Can't blame it!

That's the kind they use in insane asylums, isn't it?
Old 04-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #386
The Jackal
Coordinator

Both ends of my staff rather. Don't get any ideas. (To borrow some verbiage from @Shorcov, #Issausagefestindungeon)
Old 04-02-2012, 10:51 AM   #387
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Confused my races, evil cat. That makes me trust him, actually.

It's just natural, for a cat, really.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #388
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
That's the kind they use in insane asylums, isn't it?

The Drunken Harp would not know about such things. He wouldn't know one bit. Neither would his giant purple elephant, Donatellopus.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #389
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
I guess I take that back. Of the five rooms we know about so far, only two have three exits, so good chance they're not all corners.

my room also had exits left and right just to be complete about it
Old 04-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #390
Zinto
College Starter

By the light of the kitty I believe I am in a corner room also. I can either go left or forward and I am probably going to go forward!
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #391
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I can go forward left or right.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #392
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Though we did not say so, our room has exits left right and forward.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #393
bhlloy
Coordinator

I am in a room with three exits and a statue. I tried to talk to the statue but he didn't reply. Statues have no manners these days.

I'm planning to head forward which would seem to give me the best chance of meeting up with someone. Unless you guys are all planning to move laterally day 1
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #394
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I have a chute on the left side of the room, which I attempted to access with my Morning Action. It is only a two foot chute, which I apparently could not see with my infrared vision when I got in. So that was a short trip.

I am told I have exits to the left and the front. I have asked Abe to tell me if the chute is the left exit, or if there is also an actual exit to the left as well, but he has still not told me. I would have thought the presence of a chute by itself or a chute AND an exit would be self-evident and I would be provided with this information. Apparently not.

So I am left to choose to go left and risk that I am just going back to the chute, which goes nowhere or go forward, the only other option I know for sure. If I have the option to go left, I would prefer it, rather than forward.

I am still hoping Abe will provide some clarification.

Obviously, with at most two directions I may go, it is distinctly possible I am in a corner room.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #395
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And, yes, if y'all are wondering, I am pretty annoyed at this room right now.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #396
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

No danger in my room, I'm actually a little disappointed lol

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #397
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I can go left or forward so it looks like I'm in a corner as well. There was a painted star on the floor and a horse in my room. Horse wasn't dangerous though

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #398
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

For today's movement action, I have a meeting at 4:30 so I'll process them a little early in order to get them done in time. If I can't for some reason, that is why

Old 04-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #399
Autumn
Head Coach

Did you try riding the horse or talking to it?
Old 04-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #400
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I can go left or forward so it looks like I'm in a corner as well. There was a painted star on the floor and a horse in my room. Horse wasn't dangerous though

I know a good recipe for horse stew. Just sayin
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote