Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-30-2006, 09:06 PM   #651
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
What are you agreeing with?

If it's about me accusing him of cheating, I've already publically apologized twice. I hope he doesn't quit.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:07 PM   #652
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Tanglewood's post:"don't think dubb should be chucked from the game"

maybe it should have been..
Agreed. Dubb, if you're reading this, come on back, k?

Ok, gotcha.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:07 PM   #653
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
can i quote myself?

as an additional thought along this line, depending on Hoops' level of accuracy, a samurai committing hari-kiri does so while not wearing his swords, so it would make even more sense that his weapons were in his rooms.
How does one gain such knowledge of Samurai unless he is a ninja studying his foe!!! NINJA!!!!!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:08 PM   #654
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
a samurai committing hari-kiri does so while not wearing his swords, so it would make even more sense that his weapons were in his rooms.

I prefer to call it seppuku.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:12 PM   #655
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
can i quote myself?

as an additional thought along this line, depending on Hoops' level of accuracy, a samurai committing hari-kiri does so while not wearing his swords, so it would make even more sense that his weapons were in his rooms.

You probably are right. I wouldn't think fozzie would rile everyone up only to get voted out if he had an important role. (at least I hope not).

As for all the other stuff going on so far this game... Ive said it a few times, but it would be nice for everyone to relax some and just enjoy the game. People are getting a little too rough with each other. We can all disagree on how to play or whatever, I highly doubt Dubb would have even said how he saw hoops was in PMs if he was using it for some bad purpose. I know everyone has apologized and stuff, but lets all kiss and make up and kill some ninjas
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:20 PM   #656
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I'm off to watch 24 - that wuss Bauer takes 23 3/4 hours more time to set things right than my main man Chuck.

I'm heartened to hear that many players want to focus on the in-game play going forward. Hopefully the combination of this lynch vote, coupled with night actions, makes it easier for everyone to submerge themselves into their samurai roles.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:20 PM   #657
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Tanglewood's post:"don't think dubb should be chucked from the game"

maybe it should have been..
Agreed. Dubb, if you're reading this, come on back, k?

1. Aren't you dead?

2. I think it's blatantly obvious that dubb's huffy non-participation isn't helpful in either a game context or a social context. We can't make him play, I was just saying we shouldn't make him not play. Hopefuly he'll caome back and join in again.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:27 PM   #658
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Twenty five years ago, an ancient legend of this sacred art came alive. It spoke of a foreign child who would come among us and become a Ninja master unlike any other. How he arrived on our shores will forever remain a mystery. We Ninjas thought that this child would be the great white Ninja of the legend. We were wrong. We were very wrong.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:27 PM   #659
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Twenty five years ago, an ancient legend of this sacred art came alive. It spoke of a foreign child who would come among us and become a Ninja master unlike any other. How he arrived on our shores will forever remain a mystery. We Ninjas thought that this child would be the great white Ninja of the legend. We were wrong. We were very wrong.

Come again?
Old 01-30-2006, 09:28 PM   #660
Blade6119
Coordinator

ardent and his cocaine...always entertaining
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:31 PM   #661
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
After all this, I'm wondering if the game can be salvaged. It's like a bunch of children.

The person I feel the worst for is hoopsguy. We're ruining his game and it's a damned shame.
And it's an outstanding concept, more's the pity.

Seems like we're getting too hung up on past associations.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:32 PM   #662
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
ardent and his cocaine...always entertaining

You may subject me to any torture you can think of, but a ninja does not talk!
Old 01-30-2006, 09:33 PM   #663
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Is it possible he didnt have some secret role. Isnt it possible he was a normal samurai and we all have magnificient swords? The only role i see that description fitting would be assasin, but there are new roles so who knows...its possible he was a nobody though
Personally, I think I have an absolutely smashing sword, but I would be proud of a family heirloom.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 01-30-2006, 09:37 PM   #664
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ok, lets discuss something...who should the seer scan and bodyguard protect? Id imagine we at least have those two, so does anyone have thoughts on where those chars should go?
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 09:46 PM   #665
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, lets discuss something...who should the seer scan and bodyguard protect? Id imagine we at least have those two, so does anyone have thoughts on where those chars should go?

Im not sure who the bodyguard should protect. Im guessing if this is like past games, probably one of the more experienced/valuable players. Of course saying that on here would make it pointless since then they would just be avoided...

As for the seer... My list of people I am most worried about right now are:

Mustang - Im not a big fan of people who dont vote, as voting patterns are all we have to go on at times. Its understandable if something comes up, but he was in the thread and responded and still didnt vote.

Rpi - has seemed a bit hostle and started a totally different run , staying out of the way of anyone likely to be lynched. Likely trying to keep his voting record spotless.

Blade and Dubb - well for obvious reasons, they were the main people who confonted fozzie. Like I said before, I dont honestly think these two are ninjas, but Dubb has fooled me before.

taz and kwhit - both were lump on votes on blade after the fozzie bandwagon started. Since fozzie was a villager I don't think this is a huge deal though at this point.

tanglewood, saldana, packerfan and king - all lumped on votes on fozzie.

At least thats the group I am starting with to try to figure out. Its tough with only one day of votes, maybe tommorrow will clear up more for me.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:57 PM   #666
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
taz and kwhit - both were lump on votes on blade after the fozzie bandwagon started. Since fozzie was a villager I don't think this is a huge deal though at this point.

That is a complete mischaracterization of my vote. He had only 1 vote (from much earlier in the day, IIRC) when I voted for him and I made my reasons for the vote very clear. Hell, I'd vote for him right now for day two if I could, but I guess it'll have to wait.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:58 PM   #667
Blade6119
Coordinator

Id say the bodyguard pick a random person, prob. one of the newer guys...dubb and i have way too much heat on us right now, so anyone outside of that is fair game id say...if the wolves killed dubb or i i would laugh since were both dead soon anyways

As for seer, id honestly say taz or rpi, with mustand a distant third....kwhit i feel is samurai, but not a normal one...thars my 2 cents
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 09:59 PM   #668
Blade6119
Coordinator

im out for the night, cheers and good night to all
Demotivation
Old 01-30-2006, 10:07 PM   #669
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
That is a complete mischaracterization of my vote. He had only 1 vote (from much earlier in the day, IIRC) when I voted for him and I made my reasons for the vote very clear. Hell, I'd vote for him right now for day two if I could, but I guess it'll have to wait.

Like I said about Saldana's vote earlier, I was more characterizing these votes based on when they happened and who they were for moreso than the reasons. I understand that alot of people didn't care alot for what Blade was doing and saw your post for why you voted that. I put you in this group primarily because when you voted Blade was tied for 4th in voting, and after you voted Blade picked up a quick 3rd vote from Lathum right after. Not sure why I didn't include Lathum in my list, I meant to.

Keep in mind I listed over half of the people in this game. As you can tell I still don't have a good feel for who is on our side and who isn't. Obviously right now the only person I trust is Sirfozzie since he is a proven samurai. I am hoping with night events we will get some lucky breaks and find out more about what we are up against.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:10 PM   #670
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Like I said about Saldana's vote earlier, I was more characterizing these votes based on when they happened and who they were for moreso than the reasons. I understand that alot of people didn't care alot for what Blade was doing and saw your post for why you voted that. I put you in this group primarily because when you voted Blade was tied for 4th in voting, and after you voted Blade picked up a quick 3rd vote from Lathum right after. Not sure why I didn't include Lathum in my list, I meant to.

But "lump on vote" suggests it was a bandwagon jump which it most certainly was not. I just wanted to clarify what I think is a mis-characterization of my vote (in my eyes). You're free to comment on it how you wish, of course.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:12 PM   #671
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
But "lump on vote" suggests it was a bandwagon jump which it most certainly was not. I just wanted to clarify what I think is a mis-characterization of my vote (in my eyes). You're free to comment on it how you wish, of course.

Yeah I guess I should try to phraze it a little more clearer. In this case I was thinking in my head as lumped together votes. Sorry if I was confusing. I'm just trying to figure people out. Right now I think i am the most frustrated about mustang not voting than anything else.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:15 PM   #672
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
So much bullshit this game. So little substance. It's really sad, and really makes me miss the good old days of WW.

I was re-reading the thread and thought this needed repeating.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:16 PM   #673
KWhit
Coordinator

BTW, that was not in response to you, Alan T.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:31 PM   #674
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

If oyu don't mind a dead guy being a buttinski one more time..

let the past go.. that includes past games as well as day one of this game. Start afresh, except use the votes (and not the reasons why) as your guide.

I apologize to anyone I might have offended or caused not to have fun with my silliness. Now have fun, or Chuck Norris will let me come back to life to chop you up.. they have great ginsu knives in the other world
Old 01-30-2006, 10:34 PM   #675
KWhit
Coordinator

No worries, Foz. You didn't piss me off. I thought you were mostly in the right in this game. Sorry to see you go so early.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:37 PM   #676
kingfc22
Head Coach

Did Hoops say when the night phase ends and day 2 begins? Just curious since I have to work tomorrow during the day and will have limited access until the afternoon.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:43 PM   #677
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Did Hoops say when the night phase ends and day 2 begins? Just curious since I have to work tomorrow during the day and will have limited access until the afternoon.

I think (someone correct me if I am wrong), Hoops said he was going with 12 hours for nights? So I think till 8am CST tommorrow..
Old 01-30-2006, 10:46 PM   #678
hoopsguy
General Manager

12 hour night phase, so it is set to begin at 8AM tomorrow unless I have all the votes in earlier and no one PMs with a request for me to use the full 12 hours instead of posting early.

The following day (Day 2) would run 24 hours, so it would end at 8AM on Wednesday. Which is a pretty terrible time for me, so I might have to adjust it by an hour or so if the full 24/12 schedule plays out.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:47 PM   #679
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

If there is a seer (hoops said that there will be changes in the usual roles for this game), you can view me. I've got nothing to hide.

Quote:

Probably should have thrown in an explanation with my vote. My voting for blade is simply that I believe that the whole fozzie/dubb exchange was a samurai/samurai argument. It would have been foolish for fozzie to draw as much attention to him like he did if he were a ninja. Dubb, I believe is a samurai (I could be wrong) based on his defense. I voted blade because he was the third man in the argument and prolonged it.

I don't see how my vote is any more suspicious than anyone who voted for fozzie or dubb or mustang or king, etc...

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:52 PM   #680
hoopsguy
General Manager

Note - from here on out Grammaticus will be holding the role previously played by Dubb.

Welcome to the village. Watch your back.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:54 PM   #681
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to the game Grammaticus.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:55 PM   #682
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to the game, Grammaticus.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:11 PM   #683
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Konichiwa, I am Heihachi Makabe. I study in the dojo of the great Drunken Master, Dubb. It goes without saying that I am honorable Samurai.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:25 PM   #684
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Sorry we couldn't be welcoming you under better circumstances.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:42 PM   #685
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Taz, I love your sig
Old 01-30-2006, 11:49 PM   #686
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I don't know that Chuck will like it so well, though...

Old 01-30-2006, 11:51 PM   #687
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, for the next few days, if I wake up in the morning, it's because Chuck Norris has spared my life.

(The ninjas, too, but if they kill me, Chuck has let them do it.)

Old 01-31-2006, 12:03 AM   #688
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, if we have a bodyguard at least one person is sure to be safe tonight...im pretty sure it wont be me, but i can pray lol
Demotivation
Old 01-31-2006, 01:11 AM   #689
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry guys. I intentionally did not vote on the first night.

My reason is simple. It would have been a vote targeting someone purely out of spite and not for the right reasons on weather or not I thought they were a ninja. Alot of the reasons posted seemed to be carry overs from other games and not necessarily from this game.

Ya.. I know.. makes me look either lazy or like I don't want to throw my support behind someone and later have people think I'm a Ninja but, rather get waxed honorably than by my grinding an ax with someone...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:15 AM   #690
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
here is my take on this. RPI traditionally doesnt vote for the front runners on day one, his mantra is always that he doenst want to be part of a day one lynching. coder used the 13th player thing, which has been used in the past, including the HP game...both of those votes dont necessarily tell me anything. We also know why schmidty and eagles are on Dubb, so those two dont necessarily tell us anything.

the Votes i am most interested in are Desnudo and path who made throwaway votes for king, who we all know to be notoriously quiet in the first few days, but very strong later on,

The Taz vote for blade, which carried no explanation with it, and is in a perfect place to not get attention

and the Packer and King votes for SirFozzie, which again, are placed perfectly to be casually disregarded as voting for the front runner.

After a little searching, I actually found a game related post! My vote for King was made because I don't currently believe any of our three favorite samurai are ninjas. So the odds of someone else being a ninja are much higher. I know I'm not a ninja, so that makes four. Are you actually saying that voting for someone other than the samurai we killed is more indicative of evil intent? I say we call a spade a spade and look at SirFozzie's votes.

Just a personal vibe at this point. If they are ninjas, they are the three dumbest werewolf players of all time! (sorry had to slip that in, I'm kidding obviously). I was especially sure that SirFozzie was not a ninja since he was pretty much lining himself up against the wall.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:20 AM   #691
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
I was especially sure that SirFozzie was not a ninja since he was pretty much lining himself up against the wall.

Lining himself up against the wall? Hell.. Fozzie was sighting the gun in for his shooters...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:33 AM   #692
hoopsguy
General Manager

Night 1 complete

Dusk turns to night turns to pitch black in the space of minutes in this little patch of nowhere. Each samurai retires for the evening to reflect on the events of the past day. What could you have done differently to save SirFozzie? Each of you struggles with this question while girding yourself for another day.

The night explodes with the sound of steel as a battle appears to have erupted in the common area between your living spaces! There is a flash of light and a scream. The men burst out of their homes to find Blade lying in a pool of blood, badly wounded but still alive with Qwikshot standing over him. Qwikshot's manner does not appear to be threatening at this time.

Further inspection shows a shiruken in the door of Kingfc's home, burnt grass near Blade, and a bloody thin metal wire that was in Blade's neck moments earlier. It is clear that he was slashed by a blade across his face. It is also morbidly clear that he is unlikely to have the use of his eyesight again, as his injuries are massive and brutal, but not deadly.

Night 1 is over. The 24 hour Day 2 cycle has begun. Actions are due at 6:30AM on Wednesday. I'm willing to modify this time if the other players would like to do so, as an early morning doesn't quite have the same emotional buildup as the evening when 10+ people are in the thread. But I also want to ensure that everyone has sufficient time to act on this new information.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:40 AM   #693
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Blade and Qwikshot, what happened?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:42 AM   #694
KWhit
Coordinator

Say WHAT!?!?!?
Old 01-31-2006, 06:43 AM   #695
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Dusk turns to night turns to pitch black in the space of minutes in this little patch of nowhere. Each samurai retires for the evening to reflect on the events of the past day. What could you have done differently to save SirFozzie? Each of you struggles with this question while girding yourself for another day.

The night explodes with the sound of steel as a battle appears to have erupted in the common area between your living spaces! There is a flash of light and a scream. The men burst out of their homes to find Blade lying in a pool of blood, badly wounded but still alive with Qwikshot standing over him. Qwikshot's manner does not appear to be threatening at this time.

Further inspection shows a shiruken in the door of Kingfc's home, burnt grass near Blade, and a bloody thin metal wire that was in Blade's neck moments earlier. It is clear that he was slashed by a blade across his face. It is also morbidly clear that he is unlikely to have the use of his eyesight again, as his injuries are massive and brutal, but not deadly.

Night 1 is over. The 24 hour Day 2 cycle has begun. Actions are due at 6:30AM on Wednesday. I'm willing to modify this time if the other players would like to do so, as an early morning doesn't quite have the same emotional buildup as the evening when 10+ people are in the thread. But I also want to ensure that everyone has sufficient time to act on this new information.

Brothers, Blade was cowardly ambushed! This is not the attack of a samurai. I heard a battle as I was practicing and went towards the sound when I saw a flash of light, which may have caused this grass to be burned. I saw someone running from Blade but I did not see who it was and stayed to protect Blade from further harm.

While I find some of his remarks to be dishonorable to that of the samurai, bordering close to that of the ronin, I would not slay him in such a dishonorable fashion that would surely displease Master Chuck Norris.

Take these words as truth, I am samurai!
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:10 AM   #696
KWhit
Coordinator

Very interesting. I wonder if there is any significance to the fact that his eyes were slashed? I imagine there is. He is the seer, perhaps????
Old 01-31-2006, 07:10 AM   #697
KWhit
Coordinator

Dola -

Of course, I'm not sure I believe Qwik either.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:13 AM   #698
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I am utterly confused..

Questions i have... What was Blade doing out? What was Qwikshot doing out?

From Blade's hints yesterday I have a feeling he was a bodyguard? He seemed to strongly be hinting that yesterday by mentioning the bodyguard a few times.

Qwikshot says he was just practicing, which Im not sure a valid reason to be out in the middle of night, would be helpful if you have anything else to give us Qwik that you might have seen.

Blade were you the bodyguard protecting king and someone tried to attack him?
Old 01-31-2006, 07:14 AM   #699
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

dola - interesting note.. Qwikshot, Blade and kingfc all voted for sirfozzie yesterday which seems weird to me. Probably just a coeincidence maybe.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:28 AM   #700
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Ok, I am utterly confused..

Questions i have... What was Blade doing out? What was Qwikshot doing out?

From Blade's hints yesterday I have a feeling he was a bodyguard? He seemed to strongly be hinting that yesterday by mentioning the bodyguard a few times.

Qwikshot says he was just practicing, which Im not sure a valid reason to be out in the middle of night, would be helpful if you have anything else to give us Qwik that you might have seen.

Blade were you the bodyguard protecting king and someone tried to attack him?

I saw Blade battered and bloodied, I made a decision not to pursue the shadow fleeing and decided to stay with Blade as he requested help.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote