Old 07-12-2006, 01:23 PM   #451
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
In lieu of anything else right now,

NO VOTE

I'll be back on in about 5-6 hours.
STOP NO VOTING!!!!! Anyone who no votes is going to be my top suspect...yesterdays free day was bad enough, im not about to let it happen again. WE NEED TO TRY TO KILL SPAWN!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:25 PM   #452
hoopsguy
General Manager

Completely agree with Blade here.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #453
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
STOP NO VOTING!!!!! Anyone who no votes is going to be my top suspect...yesterdays free day was bad enough, im not about to let it happen again. WE NEED TO TRY TO KILL SPAWN!

i agree with this statement 100%...but they are doing it because they havent got anything to go off of...no one has really been quiet and if they have then they have done a good job of hiding it and at this moment i can say that no one is really on my radar too...but we cant let the spawn get another free day....someone must be killed today
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:26 PM   #454
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
KWhit, there have to be better theories about who is spawn, given that I'm not one. I understand the question about being exhausted, which is why I addressed it right away.

I've gone out of my way to leave statements today for the empath to review if they are so inclined. I don't think there are many other players who have taken this step.

Fair enough, and I believe you at the moment.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:30 PM   #455
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bek
no one has really been quiet
Fouts, Kingfc, and dubb have all been extremely quiet if you ask me.

Of those, i trust king a bit more then dubb and fouts, but all 3 have been relatively quiet(6-8 posts total all game)
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:30 PM   #456
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I'll absolutely fix whatever I'm ordered to work on. If I don't have an order when I get home tonight I'll make an independent decision. But I do think we want our actions to be coordinated today, rather than each engineer repairing whatever they think is best.

That, in and of itself, is not a sure-fire test of innocence, but I agree its a start.

Some thinking out loud here.

Since he's exhausted, there is a small change that he will fail repairing, even if he is good. Therefore I propose he repairs the least crucial of today's repairs- the water plant. The other three engineers can fix the engine, and we're hunky-dory.

But here is the thing, Anxiety left the ship yesterday. There's a 10% chance he is a spawn. Therefore, he too could fake fixing, and then we wouldn't have an engine. I have no reason to believe hoops is a spawn, but a 10% reason to think anxiety is. Ergo, I really propose that anxiety fixes the water plant and the other three work on the engine.

Although then there's a still small chance that hoops fails due to exhaustion. So there's no way to be sure we're spawn/error proof. Unless all four work on the engine.

Just some musings.

-Talgian
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:30 PM   #457
KWhit
Coordinator

Spawnling Attack

A successful spawnling attack causes a person to become infected and (surprise) become a spawnling. A spawnling attack starts with a 70% chance of success. For each person who joins the attack, up to three, there is an additional 25% chance of success. A spawnling attack increases the chance that all spawns will become exhausted, especially those spawns who participate in a Spawnling Attack. Otherwise Spawnling attacks follow the rules for General Attacks.

Spawnlings
These are crew members who are not quite Spawn. If they are not cured in time they will become Spawn and be randomly assigned a role from the Other Spawn list (see above). Crew members might or might not know they are spawnlings, but the Hive Mind knows the identities of all spawnlings.

This sounds like what is happening to sndvls. We need to cure him stat. BEFORE we go on away missions if possible.

Barkeep, if I order the doctor to cure him, do we have to wait on bulletsponge to return before you do the cure attempt or can you do it automatically?
Old 07-12-2006, 01:31 PM   #458
path12
Coordinator

I agree with Blade also, we need to vote today. Also, I am waiting on orders as far as where to start repairs. If I don't hear by just before deadline I'm choosing the engines.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:32 PM   #459
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Fouts, Kingfc, and dubb have all been extremely quiet if you ask me.

Of those, i trust king a bit more then dubb and fouts, but all 3 have been relatively quiet(6-8 posts total all game)

Didn't Fouts go on that wildly successful mining operation, though?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:34 PM   #460
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Spawnling Attack

A successful spawnling attack causes a person to become infected and (surprise) become a spawnling. A spawnling attack starts with a 70% chance of success. For each person who joins the attack, up to three, there is an additional 25% chance of success. A spawnling attack increases the chance that all spawns will become exhausted, especially those spawns who participate in a Spawnling Attack. Otherwise Spawnling attacks follow the rules for General Attacks.

Spawnlings
These are crew members who are not quite Spawn. If they are not cured in time they will become Spawn and be randomly assigned a role from the Other Spawn list (see above). Crew members might or might not know they are spawnlings, but the Hive Mind knows the identities of all spawnlings.

This sounds like what is happening to sndvls. We need to cure him stat. BEFORE we go on away missions if possible.

Barkeep, if I order the doctor to cure him, do we have to wait on bulletsponge to return before you do the cure attempt or can you do it automatically?
I didnt think what happened this morning was a spawnling attack...i might be wrong though...either way bullet has a key decision to make on who to scan.
Demotivation
Old 07-12-2006, 01:35 PM   #461
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I didnt think what happened this morning was a spawnling attack...i might be wrong though...either way bullet has a key decision to make on who to scan.

I think a lot of things happened this morning. One of which was a spawnling attack.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #462
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Didn't Fouts go on that wildly successful mining operation, though?
I believe so, though that doesnt mean much. A spawn has to actively attempt to sabotage it for it to have any effect. He could have just not submitted an order, in which case he acts just like any of us would. This theory is supported by his quiet play here-to-fore, making it more likely he just didnt try to sabotage it if bad then he must be good.
Demotivation
Old 07-12-2006, 01:37 PM   #463
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Spawnling Attack

Spawnlings

Any valid order is issued immeadiately and perfomred immeadiately (if applicable). Do realize that sndvls is not wounded and so the only valid order would be to an examination.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:38 PM   #464
Swaggs
Coordinator

So, who all went on the away missions yesterday? We should look at them first of all.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:39 PM   #465
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Any valid order is issued immeadiately and perfomred immeadiately (if applicable). Do realize that sndvls is not wounded and so the only valid order would be to an examination.

If that order is made, you can't kill the slaves. If the slaves are alive tonight, I think we're far too vulernable.

-Talgian
Old 07-12-2006, 01:40 PM   #466
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Humming a catchy tune, Coffee Warlord is seen collecting some of the Spawn creatures. He then proceeds to lock himself in his lab and makes it clear that he is now unavailable the rest of the day.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:40 PM   #467
Swaggs
Coordinator

Members of Day 1 Away Teams:

Team 1:
sndvls
Coffee Warlord
Bek
Blade
Anxiety

Team 2:
Schmidty
Fouts
Slave 1
Slave 2
Slave 3

Does this sound right?
Old 07-12-2006, 01:40 PM   #468
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think there are better thigns for the doc to do, but if he wants, I'd be happy to volunteer for a scanning.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:41 PM   #469
hoopsguy
General Manager

KWhit, here is the problem with your Spawnling Attack theory:
Quote:
Spawn Queen
May launch or join a regular or Spawn attack (see Attack below) once per night cycle

My reading of the rules seems to indicate this is the only person who can launch a spawn (aka spawnling?) attack. And it is listed as a night cycle. We just saw SnDvls get gimped during the Day cycle. So I don't think this is a spawnling attack we are witnessing. Only way it could be, as I read it, is if the Overlord has the ability to allow Night actions to run during the Day.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:43 PM   #470
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Some more musings.
Quote:
If a Swarm Lord is in play and is not exhausted or wounded, the Swarm Lord, along with one other Spawn, may release a Swarm Attack. A Swarm is released against a living target. Swarm attacks are unlike regular attacks. If sent against someone who is healthy, they will be made Wounded. If sent against someone who is wounded or exhausted, they will be killed.

Could this have happened, in addition to the earthquake? It fits the description. The quake could have injured some, as could the swarm. Also, I have no idea what is going on with coffee. I don't see anything in either survivor or spawn secret roles that indicates anything along the lines of that.

-Talgian
Old 07-12-2006, 01:43 PM   #471
Swaggs
Coordinator

Could sndvls have been hit by the Swarm Lord?

Quote:
Swarm Lord If a Swarm Lord is in play and is not exhausted or wounded, the Swarm Lord, along with one other Spawn, may release a Swarm Attack. A Swarm is released against a living target. Swarm attacks are unlike regular attacks. If sent against someone who is healthy, they will be made Wounded. If sent against someone who is wounded or exhausted, they will be killed.

If so, is he at a higher % risk of becoming a spawn?
Old 07-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #472
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Members of Day 1 Away Teams:

Team 1:
sndvls
Coffee Warlord
Bek
Blade
Anxiety

Team 2:
Schmidty
Fouts
Slave 1
Slave 2
Slave 3

Does this sound right?

I led team 1, and we don't know how many slaves were in team 2.

-Talgian
Old 07-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #473
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep just clarified that SnDvls is not wounded. So I think that rules out a Swarm Attack against him.

Agree on the Warlord observation, although I haven't gone back to re-read the rules trying to figure this one out yet.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:44 PM   #474
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
KWhit, here is the problem with your Spawnling Attack theory:

My reading of the rules seems to indicate this is the only person who can launch a spawn (aka spawnling?) attack. And it is listed as a night cycle. We just saw SnDvls get gimped during the Day cycle. So I don't think this is a spawnling attack we are witnessing. Only way it could be, as I read it, is if the Overlord has the ability to allow Night actions to run during the Day.

I believe that the actions today were directed by the overlord. I believe that sndvls is on his way toward becoming a spawnling and we need him to plan our away missions. I think he needs to be examined.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:45 PM   #475
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Could sndvls have been hit by the Swarm Lord?

If so, is he at a higher % risk of becoming a spawn?
No, not at sndvls as he is not wounded....the others, maybe...sndvls sounds like he was infected on the away mission yesterday
Demotivation
Old 07-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #476
KWhit
Coordinator

Wasn't there a post somewhere in this thread about the ovewrlord being somehow connected to the planet itself.

That would make the earthquake fitting for an overlord attack.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:47 PM   #477
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian
I led team 1, and we don't know how many slaves were in team 2.

-Talgian

Post 308 says Schmidty collected three slaves:

Quote:
With the information that was collected by the party Ensign Schmidty goes down to the slave pens and finds three slaves. Along with Fouts the team takes the information gathered by Talgian's group, sndvls' plan and heads out.

I also learned that three slaves were pleased from yesterday's findings while guarding their pen last night.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:49 PM   #478
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

More than one person got wounded in the attack. I'm not saying it has to be a swarm, but it fits the description. The swarm caused one of the injuries, and the quake/overlord caused the rest. If you were the spawn, and you know we were close to leaving today, wouldn't you throw everything at us?

-Talgian
Old 07-12-2006, 01:49 PM   #479
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I also learned that three slaves were pleased from yesterday's findings while guarding their pen last night.
Wait, wha?...why would the slaves be happy we did well? They dont like us...please elaborate
Demotivation
Old 07-12-2006, 01:50 PM   #480
KWhit
Coordinator

Talgian - I think that you should give the order for bulletsponge to examine sndvls.

That way I can keep my AP in case I need to kill the slaves.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:50 PM   #481
Swaggs
Coordinator

I hate to do this, but I want to get a vote out early today, since I will be in and out the rest of the day: Vote SnDvls

His behavior has not been strange, but it sure sounds like he could be infected.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:51 PM   #482
KWhit
Coordinator

Don't vote sndvls until we see if we can save him.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:52 PM   #483
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Staggering to his feet sndvls asks for some water, brought to him immeadiately, and is now able to function again.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:52 PM   #484
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Wait, wha?...why would the slaves be happy we did well? They dont like us...please elaborate

I overheard that three of the slaves did a good job today. Without getting too much into the language of the PM, I took that to mean that I overheard them, although looking at it now, it could mean that I overheard it from members of the team.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:53 PM   #485
SnDvls
Pro Starter

thank god.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:53 PM   #486
KWhit
Coordinator

Oh jeez.

I don't like the looks of that.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:53 PM   #487
Blade6119
Coordinator

well sndvls, i suppose you can talk now...better start
Demotivation
Old 07-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #488
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Don't vote sndvls until we see if we can save him.

If he is cleared by tonight, I will move my vote off of him.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #489
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
No, not at sndvls as he is not wounded....the others, maybe...sndvls sounds like he was infected on the away mission yesterday

I didn't go on an away team
Old 07-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #490
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Alright sndvls. Plan those missions! Then we can leave, come back, and get repairing. We can salvage this yet.

KWhit, I didn't issue the order right away because I didn't want to make it impossible for me to lead a mission.

-Talgian
Old 07-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #491
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
ok question..need some fast answers.

who is the most important person to clear right now? bulletsponge?
is it more important to clear him or heal the wounded?

reposting this...would like some input ASAP!
Old 07-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #492
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I didn't go on an away team
That just makes it all the more likely you were infected by the spawn then...unless you have some other reason you collapse with no wounds and need water
Demotivation
Old 07-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #493
SnDvls
Pro Starter

hold off on the orders until I get some answers to my question.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #494
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian
Alright sndvls. Plan those missions! Then we can leave, come back, and get repairing. We can salvage this yet.

I don't want him planning anything unless he's cleared.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #495
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
reposting this...would like some input ASAP!
How can we clear bullet, he is the doctor?
Demotivation
Old 07-12-2006, 01:57 PM   #496
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
That just makes it all the more likely you were infected by the spawn then...unless you have some other reason you collapse with no wounds and need water

sure do I was overcome with a major head pain that caused me to go unconsicious and unalbe to do anything for an hour.

look at my post times and you'll see that, you'll also notice I was still in the thread for the time as well.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:58 PM   #497
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Sndvls

Engineers will get more and more valuable as time goes along, but I'd say don't wrry about us today. If you want, though, since I'm the only engineer to go out yesterday, you can scan me.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:58 PM   #498
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
hold off on the orders until I get some answers to my question.

Most important to clear right now are:
1) sndvls
2) bullet.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:58 PM   #499
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
How can we clear bullet, he is the doctor?

just answer the damn question will you? is he the most important person to clear today?
Old 07-12-2006, 01:59 PM   #500
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Sndvls

Engineers will get more and more valuable as time goes along, but I'd say don't wrry about us today. If you want, though, since I'm the only engineer to go out yesterday, you can scan me.

I find it odd that you would keep asking to be scanned. You are way down the list of important people who need a scanning.