Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #4051
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm just wondering if all that Black Lives Matter paint on the road in DC will make that stretch of road super dangerous when it rains.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:47 PM   #4052
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I'm just wondering if all that Black Lives Matter paint on the road in DC will make that stretch of road super dangerous when it rains.

why should it?

there's already paint on the road everywhere
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:01 PM   #4053
tarcone
Coordinator

More on Iowa football. Now, this is all second hand info, but from sources in Iowa City who have friends around and in the football program.

The black players wanted to protest but Kirk Ferentz said no. Now the black players want Ferentz out or they will all transfer.

Something to keep an eye on.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 01:20 PM   #4054
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
why should it?

there's already paint on the road everywhere

Not that much.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:53 PM   #4055
thesloppy
Pro Starter

NRA Accidentally Forgets To Rise Up Against Tyrannical Government | The Shovel
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 02:31 PM   #4056
QuikSand
lolzcat

Are we, collectively, going to just normalize this, too?

Seriously, I know people are tired of having anti-Trump loudmouths whine about stuff.

But riot-geared "police" ordering Americans where they can and cannot go in public, without any badge, insignia, or identification - and refusing to offer same when asked? Am I out of line for thinking this is a completely unforgivable thing? Or do we have to check our 401(k) first?

Last edited by QuikSand : 06-06-2020 at 02:32 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #4057
bronconick
College Starter

A lot of the last few years has been unacceptable. Unfortunately for us, the first 230 years under this Constitution had an expectation of norms and traditions everyone got used to and more or less accepted that will now have to be put into codified law because America elected a conman.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 03:45 PM   #4058
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Am I out of line for thinking this is a completely unforgivable thing? Or do we have to check our 401(k) first?

All this has done is reaffirm to my wife's family that Donald J Trump is the greatest President in US history. Anyone that mentions the protests to them gets a rebuttal that essentially says that supporting these protests is supporting looting, property destruction, and loss of jobs.

My wife grew up center right (volunteering for both democrat and republican campaigns in her neighborhood) and getting away from Texas has pushed her further to the left to the point that she's now a borderline liberal. Her's told me the story of her cousin bringing a black man to Thanksgiving one year and it was the worst thing to ever happen to the family until one of her Aunt's came out as gay and got married. She has no plans of telling them she married a liberal atheist. Every day she struggles with the delicate balancing act of not alienating her family while at the same time selectively choosing when to push back a bit.

This isn't a unique situation and what she goes through is largely why I don't have a facebook account and I now only speak to 2-3 members of my own family. I'm tired of watching people be shitty to each other and then talk about the importance of family, being together, and staying in touch. It's like they believe family gives the the green light to treat each other like shit and expect immediate forgiveness or at the very least forgiveness when they need something.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 05:28 PM   #4059
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

Thanks, just read through this.

Definitely is a hard problem to solve. Funding programs to help the public would be helpful as well as funding programs to help the officers mentally deal with the stress they have to deal with daily.

Getting rid of police departments doesn't make sense, but changing the way they interact with the public and requiring additional training to do so would go a long way.

Most people just want to be treated with respect and not assumed to be a criminal. Most aren't, actually. Going into every situation like you're about to deal with public enemy #1 can cause more stress than necessary.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 07:59 PM   #4060
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Thanks, just read through this.

Definitely is a hard problem to solve. Funding programs to help the public would be helpful as well as funding programs to help the officers mentally deal with the stress they have to deal with daily.

Getting rid of police departments doesn't make sense, but changing the way they interact with the public and requiring additional training to do so would go a long way.

Most people just want to be treated with respect and not assumed to be a criminal. Most aren't, actually. Going into every situation like you're about to deal with public enemy #1 can cause more stress than necessary.

The closest real world example I have of this, is the cop that showed up to my son after he wrecked his car. My son is on the spectrum and didn't know how to respond, didn't tell the cop that he has issues, was nervous. The cop caught him lying right off the bat and hauled him out of the car. Pretty much accused him of being high and generally escalated the entire situation (I know, because they tried to call me, it went to voicemail, and they didn't hang up, so I heard over 2 minutes of back and forth). When I finally showed up, I filled the officer in on the situation, and he had no idea what Autism was, or how it was impact someone, and honestly, he didn't care either. He had no idea how to deal with a public who isn't fully equipped to deal with how to handle him, and he made my son feel like shit.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:25 PM   #4061
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 06-07-2020, 12:36 AM   #4062
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

So has BLM said anything about all the police officers killed during BLM "protests"?
Old 06-07-2020, 12:37 AM   #4063
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

watching the live feed from seattle. still going strong. cops keep whining that someone is pointing a freakin laser at them. Don't really see how.
Old 06-07-2020, 12:38 AM   #4064
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
watching the live feed from seattle. still going strong. cops keep whining that someone is pointing a freakin laser at them. Don't really see how.

source?
Old 06-07-2020, 12:45 AM   #4065
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

dunno if this will work

https://www.facebook.com/shane.wahlu...nmpYzgnTvUcAL4
Old 06-07-2020, 12:45 AM   #4066
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

https://www.facebook.com/shane.wahlu...action_generic
Old 06-07-2020, 12:48 AM   #4067
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Portland: https://www.facebook.com/arextacojoh...8858402505933/
Old 06-07-2020, 12:48 AM   #4068
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Portland is about to get gassed i think!
Old 06-07-2020, 12:55 AM   #4069
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

honestly I'm not brave enough to click on a facebook link. They're bout as reliable as a twitter link, which mean it's garbage as Rainmaker has proven over and over in this thread.
Old 06-07-2020, 12:56 AM   #4070
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

i think they'll work. It links to the videos.
Old 06-07-2020, 12:58 AM   #4071
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

portland cops are announcing that it is an civil disturbance. unlawful gathering and telling people to leave...and people aren't. I think they will start gassing/shooting soon and arresting for sure
Old 06-07-2020, 01:01 AM   #4072
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
honestly I'm not brave enough to click on a facebook link. They're bout as reliable as a twitter link, which mean it's garbage as Rainmaker has proven over and over in this thread.

They are videos from protests. People can make their own judgements. That boot polish is getting to you.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 01:16 AM   #4073
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

that woman in portland is very annoying and probably very drunk
Old 06-07-2020, 01:28 AM   #4074
RainMaker
General Manager

It looks like she is kicking back a tall boy at the beginning of the video so I am going to say probably drunk
Old 06-07-2020, 01:40 AM   #4075
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Aside from the obvious primary intent I gotta say that I also so appreciate these protests just as a general progressive show-of-force. After feeling like the squeaky wheel has gotten all the grease for the last three 1/2 years, and listening to the radical conservatives pretend that they were both the silent majority, and the only 'real Americans' with the strength or conviction to fight for their beliefs, I hope this is also serving as a harsh, bitter reality check.

Last edited by thesloppy : 06-07-2020 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:36 AM   #4076
RainMaker
General Manager

The Belingcat reporter got shot in his hand on stream when he showed his press pass. Other reporter was pepper sprayed. Portland is really weird.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:57 AM   #4077
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Yes, yes it is. Despite the progressive image Portland is also the whitest big city in the country and has a long history of issues with violent white supremacist undercurrents, police misconduct, and the not-so-occasional crossing of those streams.

Last edited by thesloppy : 06-07-2020 at 02:58 AM.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:48 AM   #4078
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Yes, yes it is. Despite the progressive image Portland is also the whitest big city in the country and has a long history of issues with violent white supremacist undercurrents, police misconduct, and the not-so-occasional crossing of those streams.

plus the dream of the 90s
Old 06-07-2020, 03:50 AM   #4079
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It looks like she is kicking back a tall boy at the beginning of the video so I am going to say probably drunk

I dunno, I'm doubling down on annoying
Old 06-07-2020, 03:55 AM   #4080
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

here's the seattle protest from vbehind the lines

https://www.facebook.com/johnmitch/v...c_location=ufi
Old 06-07-2020, 04:38 AM   #4081
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

wow some of em are talking to the cops now
https://www.facebook.com/omarisal/vi...c_location=ufi
Old 06-07-2020, 08:13 AM   #4082
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
So has BLM said anything about all the police officers killed during BLM "protests"?
I think that tact is very much the Right-wing attack on these protest and the media that has legitimate grounds. There is very little said about the number of police who have been shot at, shot, and/or killed during these protest. The lack of media coverage from major media is going to play straight into the media bias story. It is and will be the way white people discounts all the protest.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:17 AM   #4083
GrantDawg

This story is going to illustrate the divide. This man hit and killed a protestor with his car. No charges where filed. The police said the man was not in a crosswalk and was accidentally struck. Whether you believe that are not is a barometer of how much you trust the police. There is no video of the person getting hit (at least public right now).

Last edited by GrantDawg : 06-07-2020 at 08:17 AM.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:45 AM   #4084
booradley
High School Varsity

Quote:
plus the dream of the 90s

It lives on in Portland, I've heard ...
Old 06-07-2020, 02:08 PM   #4085
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
This story is going to illustrate the divide. This man hit and killed a protestor with his car. No charges where filed. The police said the man was not in a crosswalk and was accidentally struck. Whether you believe that are not is a barometer of how much you trust the police. There is no video of the person getting hit (at least public right now).

The guy has a bunch of Nazi tattoos on him. Incredible amount of benefit of the doubt there. Or maybe they were trying to recruit him.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:12 PM   #4086
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
It is and will be the way white people discounts all the protest.

I mean they already are by trying to claim that the property violence that occurred last weekend has been going on all this week and these weekday protests aren't 'peaceful protests'. Even though there are tons of videos of people marching without doing any violence and leaving at curfew. I mean it's been such a lack of issue, that in Atlanta, the Mayor lifted the curfew as there were no arrests during the weekday protests. On Facebook though you had a bunch of people saying now just watch the riots which will be on the Mayor's hands - spoiler: there no riots in Atlanta last night. But that won't stop them from claiming these aren't peaceful.
Old 06-07-2020, 05:05 PM   #4087
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Wow, Mitt Romney was marching in the Black Lives Matter protest today!!

https://twitter.com/mboorstein/statu...108554753?s=21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2020, 05:59 PM   #4088
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

And then there is this:

https://twitter.com/hannah_natanson/...934217219?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2020, 06:23 PM   #4089
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
And then there is this:

https://twitter.com/hannah_natanson/...934217219?s=19

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I hope the orange one has fits over it.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:27 PM   #4090
Jas_lov
College Starter

Now why isnt Trump marching like that instead of hiding in a bunker? That's what a leader does.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:43 PM   #4091
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

Wait is that really a thing? Is there a wave of dead cops happening? Or just pot-stirring posts of old debunked articles? I'd expect any police casualties to make very, very big news with the motivated right and the dimwit in chief.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 07:02 PM   #4092
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Wait is that really a thing? Is there a wave of dead cops happening? Or just pot-stirring posts of old debunked articles? I'd expect any police casualties to make very, very big news with the motivated right and the dimwit in chief.

There was a death of a retired police captain in St Louis County at a pawn shop. And I do remember hearing of others, but not many.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 07:41 PM   #4093
RainMaker
General Manager

The one in Californja was done by an Air Force Sargeant who they believe has done this before. Doesn't seem connected to BLM in any way. The on in St. Louis was not an active cop.

Maybe there are others in the news but it doesn't seem that prevelant. Mainly racists using it as cover for their beliefs.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:42 PM   #4094
GrantDawg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stl...62063.amp.html
I didn't believe it, either. But then I started looking up reports. This was one that I really remembered, and if course the Atlanta Police officer that was critically injured by the guy on the ATV. I believe there was a death in Arizona. There was also a federal officer gun down in Oakland.
So, yes there have been a few. There has also been very little news coverage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2020, 08:15 PM   #4095
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Police Brutality Is Not An ISSUE In The Black Community! - YouTube

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:17 PM   #4096
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

There have been several cops who have been killed or injured whether by gunfire or by BLM "protesters" driving into them.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:18 PM   #4097
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The one in Californja was done by an Air Force Sargeant who they believe has done this before. Doesn't seem connected to BLM in any way. The on in St. Louis was not an active cop.

Maybe there are others in the news but it doesn't seem that prevelant. Mainly racists using it as cover for their beliefs.

The St Louis pawn shop looting incident was just a black person shooting a former black cop. Nothing fits the narrative with that one!
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 08:19 PM   #4098
RainMaker
General Manager

The guy has a 1776 flag in the background. Like I know the grift is probably good but come on.
Old 06-07-2020, 09:03 PM   #4099
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Not to mention the first thing he talks about shows he has no idea why diversity on a Board of Directors is a good idea. Seems like he's never served on a BoD (I've served on a few, and having certain distinct voices, usually not racially based, has always been a goal for various purposes - for one it helps with growth and outreach among other groups).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2020, 09:09 PM   #4100
tarcone
Coordinator

A Florissant, MO police officer has been suspended for running over a suspect with his SUV. It was caught on a doorbell camera. FLorissant is a city in North St Louis county.

Dont have the video handy, but it is on social media. It looks bad. The city has turned it over to the FBI.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote