Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-03-2020, 07:04 PM   #4701
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Why would disbanding a plain clothes unit and transferring them to uniformed officers increase shootings? Wouldn't the existence of more uniformed officers help prevent crime as people would refrain from criminal activity when they know the cops are around?
Old 07-03-2020, 08:52 PM   #4702
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Why would disbanding a plain clothes unit and transferring them to uniformed officers increase shootings? Wouldn't the existence of more uniformed officers help prevent crime as people would refrain from criminal activity when they know the cops are around?

It’s much easier to catch people when they don’t know you’re the police from 3 blocks away. And a plain clothes unit is not tied to a radio so they won’t be dispatched to domestics, mental, shopliftings, etc., which gives them more time to be proactive.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 10:13 PM   #4703
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Doesn't that run counter to broken windows policing? Theory being people are less willing to perform crimes when the police are right there?

As for the radio, can't you have a specific uniformed officers who aren't on everything else duty?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2020, 10:20 PM   #4704
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Doesn't that run counter to broken windows policing? Theory being people are less willing to perform crimes when the police are right there?

As for the radio, can't you have a specific uniformed officers who aren't on everything else duty?

Broken windows is more about controlling public disorder by targeting what people consider low level offenses. And of course people are less willing to commit crimes in the presence of a uniformed officer, but someone (most people?) will just wait until that uniform is gone and continue whatever they were doing/going to do.

As far as keeping something like a uniformed gun/drug unit, of course you can. But people won’t know that they aren’t on everything else duty and will still approach them with domestics, mental, etc., And telling people, “Sorry, I know I’m a cop but that’s not my job,” doesn’t go over very well.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:23 PM   #4705
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

It does seem like one of the big reasons NYPD dismantled the plain clothes unit is that they tend to kill a disproportionate amount of civilians (partially due to what they are looking at and partially due to people thinking some criminals are trying to take them down rather than the cops). Which, of course, erodes public trust:

https://theintercept.com/2018/05/09/...plain-clothes/

Old 07-03-2020, 10:30 PM   #4706
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Broken windows is more about controlling public disorder by targeting what people consider low level offenses.

Right, but in order to do so you have to put a lot more police on the streets. Part of that is to give the impression that the area is patrolled well - like the rich areas of the city.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:43 PM   #4707
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Right, but in order to do so you have to put a lot more police on the streets. Part of that is to give the impression that the area is patrolled well - like the rich areas of the city.

I don’t know about New York but I know my city’s distribution of officers is directly related to the volume of calls. So the “rich” areas tend to have significantly less police presence as there aren’t nearly as many calls for service.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:02 PM   #4708
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
I don’t know about New York but I know my city’s distribution of officers is directly related to the volume of calls. So the “rich” areas tend to have significantly less police presence as there aren’t nearly as many calls for service.

Dont worry you have actually answered every one of his questions so he just moves on onto another talking point.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 11:59 PM   #4709
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

NYC has a good deal more districts in Manhattan and Brooklyn (& Queens) than the Bronx, even though the Bronx has the highest crime of any borough (and it's population is similar to Manhattan). Part of it is undoubtedly wanting to make the touristy parts squeaky clean (like 5 years ago DeBlasio added 50 more cops to patrol Times Square even though it's well past time it's been cleaned up - while the Bronx still had issues, though it's much much better than it was in the 80s and 90s). This has led to the Bronx having slower 911 response times than the rest of the city as well. (Oh, and in case any of y'all are wondering there is no 99th precinct in Brooklyn)

On a side note, I was reading that between 1990 and 1999, NYC under Bratton and Guiliani increased police officers by 41%. The vast majority of those uniformed patrol officers. Seemingly Camden did similarly when it repurposed it's police force.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 07-04-2020 at 12:58 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 05:10 PM   #4710
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Why would the two be scared though? The members of FOFC who more than likely live in nice neighborhoods themselves know so much more about St. Louis than the people who actually live there right?

Panerd, these guys are admittedly over the top, but they basically reaffirm a lot of the things you're saying.

Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:21 PM   #4711
Edward64
Head Coach

Pretty neat.

Image of Thomas Jefferson alongside Black descendant holds 'a mirror' to America
Quote:
Shannon LaNier, a ninth-generation descendant of Founding Father Thomas Jefferson and his slave, Sally Hemings, wore the same sort of outfit as his famous ancestor for a Smithsonian Magazine piece, "American Descendants."

But LaNier, who is Black, said in the article in the magazine's July issue that he chose not to wear a wig for his likeness of his great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather.

“I didn’t want to become Jefferson,” LaNier said. “My ancestor had his dreams — and now it’s up to all of us living in America today to make sure no one is excluded from the promise of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

LaNier, a TV host in Houston who co-authored a book about his family, "Jefferson's Children: The Story of One American Family," also said of the third U.S. president, “He was a brilliant man who preached equality, but he didn’t practice it. He owned people. And now I’m here because of it.”

Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 07:21 AM   #4712
Edward64
Head Coach

Interesting pic, odd combination.

Open carry does make me somewhat uncomfortable (good trigger finger discipline though unlike the MO couple) but assume these guys had the right permits etc.

Armed Black Lives Matter activists and right-wing groups unite at gun rights rally | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
At least 200 protesters took to the streets near Capitol Square proudly toting their semi-automatic weapons and other firearms, in Richmond, VA

The rally drew members of Black Lives Matter supporting gun rights and right-wing, conservative groups

It also served as a memorial for Duncan Lemp, a 21-year-old man who was fatally shot in his Maryland home in March during a no-knock police raid

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-05-2020 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-05-2020, 11:58 AM   #4713
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

That has to be fake news. We've been repeatedly told in recent weeks that such a thing could never happen in America - the nation's far too racist to permit it and the protestors would be immediately disbanded if not shot if they were openly carrying and didn't have the right pigmentation on display.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 07-05-2020 at 11:59 AM.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 12:23 PM   #4714
whomario
Pro Starter

Unless they then proceeded to storm up the capitol steps and got in police officers face, i do see a few differences. No ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 12:36 PM   #4715
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Umm, I'm not going to argue that black people could never protest like this, but let's not pretend that every picture of this event wasn't predominantly white, just like the one above.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:33 PM   #4716
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Umm, I'm not going to argue that black people could never protest like this, but let's not pretend that every picture of this event wasn't predominantly white, just like the one above.
There are large groups of people that have a big desire that this becomes less a protest and more a shooting war.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 03:24 PM   #4717
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
There are large groups of people that have a big desire that this becomes less a protest and more a shooting war.

Yeah, there's twice as many folks in hawaiian shirts & boogaloo branded gear than there are black people, which seems just as remarkable to me. I mean it was a savvy move to invite some BLM protesters, but the article clearly says it was organized by the Virginia Knights and the keynote guest was a Republican senator. Some armed black people at a right-wing rally is still a right-wing rally.

Here's a better example for anybody's libertarian hot take needs (though it contains only references to video and a photo of an entirely different day):

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKBN24605G

Last edited by thesloppy : 07-05-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-05-2020, 04:47 PM   #4718
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
That has to be fake news. We've been repeatedly told in recent weeks that such a thing could never happen in America - the nation's far too racist to permit it and the protestors would be immediately disbanded if not shot if they were openly carrying and didn't have the right pigmentation on display.

More. Video of nice peaceful, armed protest.

(I like the guy in the gas mask)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1279506948334006272

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-05-2020 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 01:19 PM   #4719
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...401412097?s=21
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 04:23 PM   #4720
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
More. Video of nice peaceful, armed protest.

(I like the guy in the gas mask)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1279506948334006272

And all wearing face protection.

I guess this is one way to get conservatives to want more gun control (I keed, but seriously, you know this video makes lot of people that are otherwise very pro gun uncomfortable)
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 04:53 PM   #4721
Radii
Head Coach

My understanding - which is not full and complete by any means - is that the group in Stone Mountain is intentionally distanced from Black Lives Matter and is actually a militia group and may as well be as far right as the KKK, just for aims of black supremacy instead of white.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I know there are some groups that BLM and many local/regional organizations fighting for change have distanced from, I believe this is one.

So I don't really know if there's a whole heck of a lot to cheer about here other than that no one was shot.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 02:05 PM   #4722
whomario
Pro Starter

Goes to show, there's issues everywhere of course: Germany's 'Secretary of the Interior' canceled a proposed study on racial profiling with an all time lazy/condescending argument: Such a study is not necessary, because such practices are already illegal.
I kid you not ...

Another thing: Police brutality, systemic racism, and a hidden ideology helped shape American policing - Vox

Not going to claim it will pass as 100% unbiased, but to me at least it seems a well researched and genuine attempt to show some of the existing issues. Starting with an analogy whose faults were mentioned a few times here:

Quote:
Arthur Rizer is a former police officer and 21-year veteran of the US Army, where he served as a military policeman. Today, he heads the criminal justice program at the R Street Institute, a center-right think tank in DC. And he wants you to know that American policing is even more broken than you think.

“That whole thing about the bad apple? I hate when people say that,” Rizer tells me. “The bad apple rots the barrel. And until we do something about the rotten barrel, it doesn’t matter how many good fucking apples you put in.”
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 04:41 PM   #4723
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I guess this is one way to get conservatives to want more gun control (I keed, but seriously, you know this video makes lot of people that are otherwise very pro gun uncomfortable)

It got Reagan and the NRA to enact gun control in California.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 04:47 PM   #4724
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
My understanding - which is not full and complete by any means - is that the group in Stone Mountain is intentionally distanced from Black Lives Matter and is actually a militia group and may as well be as far right as the KKK, just for aims of black supremacy instead of white.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I know there are some groups that BLM and many local/regional organizations fighting for change have distanced from, I believe this is one.

So I don't really know if there's a whole heck of a lot to cheer about here other than that no one was shot.

They are Black Hebrew Israelites. There was a mass shooting and attempted bombing I believe in New Jersey less than a year ago with a couple.

You're right, it's a hard right fascist group. Really hate the Jews and like Hitler. I think a leader of a white supremacist group nailed it when he said they're just like us, just colors reversed.

SPLC has a bunch on them. They are not good people and another example of how stupid our gun laws are.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:10 AM   #4725
RainMaker
General Manager

NYPD’s Culture of Impunity Rewards Officer With Dozens of Complaints
Old 07-08-2020, 03:33 PM   #4726
RainMaker
General Manager

A good apple stepped up to call out some bad apples. They stripped him of police powers.

Joliet Police Sgt. Javier Esqueda, Who Blew Whistle On Death Of Eric Lurry In Police Custody, Stripped Of Police Powers – CBS Chicago
Old 07-08-2020, 04:28 PM   #4727
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
actually a militia group and may as well be as far right as the KKK, just for aims of black supremacy instead of white.

I don't get this. I'm all for people have plenty of space to modify and adjust their views, but I thought we just established not long ago that supremacist rhetoric from non-whites is just fine and dandy.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:05 PM   #4728
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't get this. I'm all for people have plenty of space to modify and adjust their views, but I thought we just established not long ago that supremacist rhetoric from non-whites is just fine and dandy.

I don't recall that one. I seem to remember arguing for equality, particularly when adjusted for past grievances and disadvantages, but I don't remember supremacist being ok.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 05:19 PM   #4729
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I don't recall that one. I seem to remember arguing for equality, particularly when adjusted for past grievances and disadvantages, but I don't remember supremacist being ok.

SI

Let's see what happens to Desean Jackson.
Old 07-08-2020, 05:30 PM   #4730
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post

SI

Quote:
Let's see what happens to Desean Jackson.

You need to remember the precedent the Eagles set with Riley Cooper when he was caught on film using the N word. 2013 was a different time, but he was fined and suspended for a week IIRC from training camp and forgiven by his teammates.

Doing anything more drastic with Jackson is going to open the floodgates of people calling out hypocrisy or saying it only matters more now because the owner is Jewish. So, probably a fine, brief suspension and sensitivity training.

Then to get ahead of any future issues maybe they release a memo advising their players and officials the going forward there will be zero tolerance for any racist/bigoted statements and players/staff engaging in any type of behavior under these auspices will be immediately released, or whatever punishment they deem fitting.

I think if this was about any other team but Philly that didn't have that precedent set he would probably be released.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 07-08-2020 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 06:02 PM   #4731
cuervo72
Head Coach

Oh, I've already seen "the Eagles have cut DeSean Jackson and signed Riley Cooper" jokes on my FB feed, so yeah.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:17 PM   #4732
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
You need to remember the precedent the Eagles set with Riley Cooper when he was caught on film using the N word. 2013 was a different time, but he was fined and suspended for a week IIRC from training camp and forgiven by his teammates.

Doing anything more drastic with Jackson is going to open the floodgates of people calling out hypocrisy or saying it only matters more now because the owner is Jewish. So, probably a fine, brief suspension and sensitivity training.

Then to get ahead of any future issues maybe they release a memo advising their players and officials the going forward there will be zero tolerance for any racist/bigoted statements and players/staff engaging in any type of behavior under these auspices will be immediately released, or whatever punishment they deem fitting.

I think if this was about any other team but Philly that didn't have that precedent set he would probably be released.

That is a good point, a very good point. I'm guessing absolutely nothing will happen to him though (not even a game) and Riley Cooper would be banished from the league in 2020.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:23 PM   #4733
RainMaker
General Manager

Riley Cooper played a few more years after the incident and even got a lucrative extension. He is out of the league now because he is not good.

Cooper was also never suspended or fined by the NFL. The Eagles fined him an undisclosed amount but otherwise nothing negative happened to him.
Old 07-09-2020, 01:30 AM   #4734
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

Are you referring to the issue we had regarding the author's twitter bio awhile back?
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 02:05 AM   #4735
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Not only that - there were statements by others around the same time, other conversations further back about supremacism in general, etc. - but that's part of it, yes.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:03 PM   #4736
RainMaker
General Manager

Chicago PD got caught lying about arrests and then took down the API to records when reporters spotted it and called them on it.

Chicago Police Department arrest API shutdown is its own kind of ‘cover up’ - Chicago Reporter
Old 07-10-2020, 11:44 PM   #4737
RainMaker
General Manager

That St. Louis couple turned out to be giant sacks of shit so congrats to those who defended them I guess.

Portland Place couple who confronted protesters have a long history of not backing down | Metro | stltoday.com
Old 07-11-2020, 12:18 AM   #4738
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
That St. Louis couple turned out to be giant sacks of shit so congrats to those who defended them I guess.

Portland Place couple who confronted protesters have a long history of not backing down | Metro | stltoday.com

Damn, those really are some world class assholes! Suing his dad while he's in a memory facility, suing to get their absurd mansion, then suing to keep gay people out of their neighborhood, taking a neighbor's property via a previous owner's squatter rights, kicking families out of trailers for bouncing a rent check during the covids and then suing them for the outstanding balance of the lease, smashing some Jewish organization's property and then demanding they clean it up, making the younglings cry.....they're like Dickens villains.

Last edited by thesloppy : 07-11-2020 at 12:21 AM.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:49 AM   #4739
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
That St. Louis couple turned out to be giant sacks of shit so congrats to those who defended them I guess.[/url]

That's irrelevant. The only thing that really matters in this incident are whether the actions taken by the McCloskeys are allowable under the law.

Speaking of which, Kimberly Gardner, St. Louis Circuit Attorney, is considering filing charges against the McCloskey couple, stating “I am alarmed at the events that occurred over the weekend, where peaceful protesters were met by guns and a violent assault.” Interestingly, Gardner wasn’t “alarmed” by how protestors had broken the law by trespassing on private property. She added that her office would use the full power of Missouri law to hold the McCloskey’s accountable.

I don’t know if Real Property Law was an elective or a required course at Ms. Gardner’s law school. If the latter, perhaps she ditched class or slept through it. Clearly she has no knowledge on the bundle of rights associated with private property ownership, the definition of “private streets”, “private sidewalks” or “trespass.”

Albert Watkins, the McCloskey’s attorney said “If Kimberly Gardner wants to press charges against two attorneys who are protecting their home and their family and themselves on their own property, I will tell you that it will be nothing short of the proverbial clusterf--- with the ensuing assertions that she's doing this for political purposes.”

Last edited by Vegas Vic : 07-11-2020 at 12:54 AM.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 01:34 AM   #4740
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
I don’t know if Real Property Law was an elective or a required course at Ms. Gardner’s law school. If the latter, perhaps she ditched class or slept through it. Clearly she has no knowledge on the bundle of rights associated with private property ownership, the definition of “private streets”, “private sidewalks” or “trespass.”

Albert Watkins, the McCloskey’s attorney said “If Kimberly Gardner wants to press charges against two attorneys who are protecting their home and their family and themselves on their own property, I will tell you that it will be nothing short of the proverbial clusterf--- with the ensuing assertions that she's doing this for political purposes.”

Well, sounds like she's in good company...

Watkins, the lawyer representing the couple, is a friend of theirs and former neighbor who sued the Portland Place trustees in 2010 with a claim that he had tried to get them to take down a sick oak tree which later fell and damaged his property. Watkins lost and was ordered to pay the trustees court costs of $52,000.

Last edited by thesloppy : 07-11-2020 at 01:37 AM.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:13 AM   #4741
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
That's irrelevant. The only thing that really matters in this incident are whether the actions taken by the McCloskeys are allowable under the law.

Speaking of which, Kimberly Gardner, St. Louis Circuit Attorney, is considering filing charges against the McCloskey couple, stating “I am alarmed at the events that occurred over the weekend, where peaceful protesters were met by guns and a violent assault.” Interestingly, Gardner wasn’t “alarmed” by how protestors had broken the law by trespassing on private property. She added that her office would use the full power of Missouri law to hold the McCloskey’s accountable.

I don't care whether they did something illegal or not. Just pointing out they are giant pieces of shit who like to start trouble. Article makes it clear what they are about.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:18 AM   #4742
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Yep typical democrats.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:27 AM   #4743
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Yep typical democrats.

I figured this was snopes worthy:

Did Mark McCloskey Donate to Democrats?

What's True
Over the past 20 years, Mark McCloskey has made political contributions to both Democratic and Republican political campaigns. Between 2004 and 2012, FEC records show he donated to Democratic candidates, and more recently McCloskey has donated to a few Democrats on the local level.

What's False
However, the majority of McCloskey's political donations since 2012 have gone to Republicans, including many contributions to U.S. President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 11:50 AM   #4744
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I would think it would be extremely easy to simply stop (repeatedly) defending these assholes? YMMV I guess.

Last edited by thesloppy : 07-11-2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:30 PM   #4745
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic
The only thing that really matters in this incident are whether the actions taken by the McCloskeys are allowable under the law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker
I don't care whether they did something illegal or not.

And there's the crux of it. Like so many issues, we can't come to agreement when we aren't even interested in asking the same questions.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:39 PM   #4746
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I would think it would be extremely easy to simply stop (repeatedly) defending these assholes? YMMV I guess.

Some people are assholes and like/admire other assholes. That's just the way it is, it seems.
Old 07-11-2020, 01:21 PM   #4747
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Some people are assholes and like/admire other assholes. That's just the way it is, it seems.

Since I'm one of these people that admire assholes I'm guessing... here's a small lesson on St. Louis politics. The current prosecuting attorney does not prosecute anyone. Looting, assault are those in the criminal code?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...X3tHKZ&ampcf=1

However she has decided this is worthy of following up on and likely prosecuting. She worked for the former prosecutor Jennifer Joyce who decided to charge a policeman five years later with first degree murder knowing full well there was no case for murder.

Former St. Louis cop arrested, charged with first-degree murder for 2011 police shooting | Law and order | stltoday.com

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...olice-officer/

However shockingly the city erupted in violence when a not guilty verdict came (from a judge who was confused with why he was charged with murder) on someone who should have been prosecuted for manslaughter and would have been convicted.

It either gross incompetence or (IMO) by design and she knows exactly what she is doing.

These are horrible people but they have broken no laws and its all about stoking the flames of race in good old St. Louis.

Last edited by panerd : 07-11-2020 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:31 PM   #4748
BYU 14
Coordinator

Overall I have a lot of respect for Malcolm Jenkins, but this comes off as hypocritical. He ripped Drew Brees for being out of touch and ignorant after his comments about the anthem, then he posts some shit like this. News flash Malcolm, the problems of the Black community are all of societies problems, just like the problems of the Jewish community are all of societies problems.

Things get better when, and only when we ALL work together as a community to address injustice and equality. These issues can't be resolved as individuals or segregated groups and he, as much as anybody should know that. He is entitled to his thoughts, just as Brees is, but this is really promoting a double standard. You can stay focused and still acknowledge others and show compassion without being so dismissive.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCd-F9Eh...ource=ig_embed

Quote:
malcolmjenkins27
Verified
We can honor the Jewish heritage and trauma while staying focused on what matters. Jewish people aren’t our problem, and we aren’t their problem. Let’s not lose focus on what the problem truly is, and that’s that black lives still don’t matter in this country.
Push this energy toward arresting and convicting the killers of Breonna Taylor and burning systemic racism to the ground. ✊🏿
1d
Old 07-11-2020, 04:40 PM   #4749
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Since I'm one of these people that admire assholes I'm guessing... here's a small lesson on St. Louis politics. The current prosecuting attorney does not prosecute anyone. Looting, assault are those in the criminal code?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...X3tHKZ&ampcf=1

However she has decided this is worthy of following up on and likely prosecuting. She worked for the former prosecutor Jennifer Joyce who decided to charge a policeman five years later with first degree murder knowing full well there was no case for murder.

Former St. Louis cop arrested, charged with first-degree murder for 2011 police shooting | Law and order | stltoday.com

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...olice-officer/

However shockingly the city erupted in violence when a not guilty verdict came (from a judge who was confused with why he was charged with murder) on someone who should have been prosecuted for manslaughter and would have been convicted.

It either gross incompetence or (IMO) by design and she knows exactly what she is doing.

These are horrible people but they have broken no laws and its all about stoking the flames of race in good old St. Louis.

That's a great lesson and all, but is entirely unrelated (and contradictory) to you calling them out as Democrats.

Last edited by thesloppy : 07-11-2020 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:43 PM   #4750
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:

No we didn't, and you know that. This is a trollish response.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote