Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2012, 09:03 AM   #1551
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
The iOS App of the Week at Starbucks this week (until Tuesday) is Scribblenauts Remix. I found this out from a number of Apple-related websites that said it was worth picking up. It's normally 99 cents, so I guess it isn't that much of a deal, but if you have a Starbucks near you, you might want to try to get a code. Scribblenauts Remix Site (beware the site makes noise at you by default and you have to hit TWO off switches...this alone makes me not want to pay them 99 cents). Apparently the game is for iPhone and iPad and uses iCloud synchronization to allow seamless switching between devices.

Anyway, I have 3 codes to give. If you want a code, post here in the thread. First 3 get 'em. Valid only in the US app store, per the back of the card...

/tk
Yes, please. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:29 PM   #1552
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Yes, please. Thanks!

PM sent. 1 down, 2 left.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #1553
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'll take one, please.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #1554
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
I'll take one, please.

PM sent. 2 down, 1 to go.

/tk
Old 09-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #1555
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

The code worked. Thanks.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #1556
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but New Star Soccer has received some very nice updates of late. Upped the difficulty and there are now kicks from the side of the box and corner kicks. Really a much better product than it was a couple of months ago.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #1557
General Mike
Pro Starter

Are there any good Diablo style games for iOS?
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #1558
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post

I haven't played any of them, but TouchArcade.com suggests Orc: Vengeance and Heroes Call.

Apparently Infinity Blade: Dungeons will come out at some point and that will also scratch that itch. I put in "diablo" into the search box on TouchArcade.com and those were just some of the hits. If you play any of these, would love to know your impressions...I expect that I'll be playing more games soon after I have my surgery...

/tk
Old 09-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #1559
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike View Post

I've heard Bastion is pretty good (XBLA port) if you like Diablo or Torchlight.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #1560
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Does anybody have Songpop yet? This is a game similar in style to the 'With Friends' games. In this one you hear 5 sound clips and you have to guess the song artist.

There is a paid version and a free version.

My user ID for this game is: mark.genova.5
Send me game request.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #1561
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Is that the thing that has now taken over most everybody's FB status updates? I need to figure out how to hide it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #1562
Bobble
College Prospect

I don't know if any of youse are still playing Fairway Solitaire but I cracked that open again the other day and was pleasantly surprised that they're giving you a new free course each day. There's actually a pay course as well each day but the free ones are a nice way to build up your bucks to get past some of the harder courses in the "regular" game (I'm looking right at you Yes You Canyon -- which really ought to be called "Yes You Pay For Irons").
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #1563
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I don't know if any of youse are still playing Fairway Solitaire but I cracked that open again the other day and was pleasantly surprised that they're giving you a new free course each day. There's actually a pay course as well each day but the free ones are a nice way to build up your bucks to get past some of the harder courses in the "regular" game (I'm looking right at you Yes You Canyon -- which really ought to be called "Yes You Pay For Irons").
Yeah I still play this. Those are actually daily challenges, where you earn and collect "trophys" to unlock more bonus courses. The daily challenges stick around for a few days and drop off afterwards.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #1564
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I too still play Fairway Solitaire, but it annoys me for a couple of reasons. The main reason is that they made the tools you have to buy prohibitively expensive by making the Golf Bucks you get as course rewards too small. I say this after having played the PC version a few years ago. The iOS port (which I think is free now but definitely wasn't always so) is made even more expensive by this since the only way to get GB is to play the same courses over and freaking over or to spend real money. The other reason is that they have separate iPhone and iPad versions so if I want to play on both (which I do from time to time, something mindless), I have no sync between the 2.

On news of a good game that only gets better, Jetpack Joyride's latest update includes syncing if you turn on iCloud for documents & apps. They also added a new suit and jetpack I believe. I got the game when it was 99 cents and it was still the best buck I spent.

/tk
Old 09-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #1565
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

you probably all know about it by no, since it's been out since 2008, but I just started using Lose It! in an attempt to calculate/control my daily calorie intake. I like it a lot as it allows you to add items to your daily log by scanning the barcode of a lot of items and it will return the nutrients. You can also add any exercise you do to your daily log and it will take that into account on your daily calorie budget.

FM
Old 09-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #1566
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Wrestling Manager is free. I think it's normally $9.99. I downloaded, but haven't played it.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #1567
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Wrestling Manager is free. I think it's normally $9.99. I downloaded, but haven't played it.

I'm not seeing free. I'm seeing $2.99.

I was enjoying Puzzle Craft but they don't seem to want to fix the tool bar not scrolling issue. I've pretty much moved on. I've accumulated all these tools, set myself up to use a particular tool, and then find I can't scroll over to actually use it. Frustrating.

Update: Freaky. I WAS seeing $2.99. Now I'm seeing free where you search for it and $4.99 when you try to buy it. Bizarre.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #1568
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
you probably all know about it by no, since it's been out since 2008, but I just started using Lose It! in an attempt to calculate/control my daily calorie intake. I like it a lot as it allows you to add items to your daily log by scanning the barcode of a lot of items and it will return the nutrients. You can also add any exercise you do to your daily log and it will take that into account on your daily calorie budget.

FM

started using it on September 13, weighed in at 203 at the time. I weighed in at 197.5 this morning... The app especially showed me how much garbarge I was ingesting in a day...

Oh, I will have my junk day tomorrow, it's football day, but I will be able to contain it to one day...

FM
Old 09-30-2012, 04:18 AM   #1569
Izulde
Head Coach

Anybody played Shadow Era? It's free and it's evidently the closest thing the iPod/iPhone has to M:tG.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #1570
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Anybody played Shadow Era? It's free and it's evidently the closest thing the iPod/iPhone has to M:tG.

Magic has its own iPad app now, FWIW.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #1571
Izulde
Head Coach

Hence why I said iPod/iPhone.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #1572
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
I too still play Fairway Solitaire, but it annoys me for a couple of reasons. The main reason is that they made the tools you have to buy prohibitively expensive by making the Golf Bucks you get as course rewards too small. I say this after having played the PC version a few years ago. The iOS port (which I think is free now but definitely wasn't always so) is made even more expensive by this since the only way to get GB is to play the same courses over and freaking over or to spend real money. The other reason is that they have separate iPhone and iPad versions so if I want to play on both (which I do from time to time, something mindless), I have no sync between the 2.

On news of a good game that only gets better, Jetpack Joyride's latest update includes syncing if you turn on iCloud for documents & apps. They also added a new suit and jetpack I believe. I got the game when it was 99 cents and it was still the best buck I spent.

/tk

If anyone else is still playing Fairway Solitaire, the last couple of days the daily courses have been fan-made ones apparently. That's not that big of deal but those courses have been costing about half the GB and offering about twice the number of trophies (or whatever they're called). That makes it much easier to open up some new courses.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #1573
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Is anybody else having issues with TTR Pocket? Most of the time, I can't seem to cycle through my route cards to see which routes I still have to go. I see the green dots on the map, but don't always remember which needs to get connected to which. When I hit the route card thingie, to try to cycle between them, it doesn't cycle, just shows me one route over and over. It's actually caused a problem in my current game with spleen, I thought I was finishing a route but apparently I mis-remembered it so now I can't figure out WTF I was trying to go...

/tk
Old 10-08-2012, 01:12 PM   #1574
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't know if I have the same issue. I don't have a game going where I can actually check it right now. I will in our next game.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:38 PM   #1575
britrock88
Pro Starter

Short taps on the bottom-right corner aren't working for you?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #1576
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Short taps on the bottom-right corner aren't working for you?

Nope. Well, works about 1 time in 20. Been doing it for at least a month. Didn't used to do it.

/tk
Old 10-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #1577
britrock88
Pro Starter

Come to think of it, the app's notifications have stopped working for me...
Old 10-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #1578
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I just started it, but Clash of Clans screams "FOFC!" to me.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:24 PM   #1579
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
I just started it, but Clash of Clans screams "FOFC!" to me.

Probably some sort of bug in the settings.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #1580
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Probably some sort of bug in the settings.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #1581
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Carmageddon was released for the iPhone today, and it is free to download, today only! If you ever played the original and like it, you'll be taken back when playing it.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #1582
Groundhog
Coordinator

My GF got an iPad (although I've been the one playing with it 97% of the time) and I've had a lot of fun with GarageBand and Kings of Dragon Pass.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #1583
samifan24
Pro Starter

Does anyone have the Tapatalk forum app? It's 99 cents this weekend but I'm wondering if it's worth it to access FOFC on the go.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #1584
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Does anyone have the Tapatalk forum app? It's 99 cents this weekend but I'm wondering if it's worth it to access FOFC on the go.

I have it and use it. It does seem buggy for me on a couple of things:
1) In the "Latest" section, all aspects generate an "Uknown Error" and says "It appears the server has some issue with Tapatalk or your session is expired. If this problem persists, please re-enter this forum from the Account tab." This happens all the time. But if you click "Forum" (on the bottom), it loads the forum fine.
2) I have problems with it (sometimes, it seems to be better now) sometimes not wanting to properly load the pages if I try to "jump to the latest" on BIIIG threads. But I can usually load the pages if I just go to the last pages.

But yeah it works and works well.

/tk
Old 11-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #1585
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have it and use it. It does seem buggy for me on a couple of things:
1) In the "Latest" section, all aspects generate an "Uknown Error" and says "It appears the server has some issue with Tapatalk or your session is expired. If this problem persists, please re-enter this forum from the Account tab." This happens all the time. But if you click "Forum" (on the bottom), it loads the forum fine.
2) I have problems with it (sometimes, it seems to be better now) sometimes not wanting to properly load the pages if I try to "jump to the latest" on BIIIG threads. But I can usually load the pages if I just go to the last pages.

But yeah it works and works well.

/tk

I have the same problems as tk mentioned.. but I find it far superior for viewing this forum than using the safari browser on the iphone.

On my ipad tapatalk is even better

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #1586
wade moore
lolzcat

Finally got an ipad.

Any specific games that folks can recommend that are great on the ipad? Specifically looking for stuff that I may have overlooked in the iphone but that would be great on the ipad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #1587
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Finally got an ipad.

Any specific games that folks can recommend that are great on the ipad? Specifically looking for stuff that I may have overlooked in the iphone but that would be great on the ipad.

I also have a 4th gen iPad coming in, delivery expected to be this Wednesday and would also be interested in hearing from other people who've got one (3rd gen or better) about games that really use the capacity.

Can't frigging wait to get my hands on it though

FM
Old 11-04-2012, 08:18 PM   #1588
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Finally got an ipad.

If you have FMH on the iPhone - its a universal application so will work on the iPad natively if you aren't aware (and some screens are redone specifically for the iPad to make it as optimal as possible on that device).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #1589
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
If you have FMH on the iPhone - its a universal application so will work on the iPad natively if you aren't aware (and some screens are redone specifically for the iPad to make it as optimal as possible on that device).

yeah, that's one I've had on my shortlist for a while, same with iOOTP.

Been going through my apps listed in appshopper to find some either universal or iPad versions for a couple days now...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 11-04-2012 at 08:24 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #1590
wade moore
lolzcat

You're very versed in these games, so definitely interested in hearing your experience FM.

Guess I should start using AppShopper or one of those.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 11-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #1591
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
You're very versed in these games, so definitely interested in hearing your experience FM.

Guess I should start using AppShopper or one of those.

Appshopper is awesome. I went through all the 740+ apps I have listed as "owned" yesterday and everytime I saw one I wanted to maybe try on my iPad, I sent myself an email. I now need to wade (no pun intended) through those and list them in some sort of easier to go through excel (you knew it) spreadsheet...

FM
Old 11-05-2012, 06:39 AM   #1592
RedKingGold
College Starter

Wade, if you want FOF action on the go, or even if you just want to access any other laptop you have that's connected to the interwebs, is recommend LogMeIn ignition.

The app is $20, but its a one time fee and there's no service charge after. I've definitely gotten my money's worth from it.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #1593
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Wade, if you want FOF action on the go, or even if you just want to access any other laptop you have that's connected to the interwebs, is recommend LogMeIn ignition.

The app is $20, but its a one time fee and there's no service charge after. I've definitely gotten my money's worth from it.

Ok, this sounds quite useful. I'll check it out tonight.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #1594
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post

I have used logmein a lot.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #1595
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post

Hi Seg! Hope things have taken a positive turn for you man.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #1596
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Hi Seg! Hope things have taken a positive turn for you man.

What he said.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #1597
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post

I do have FHM on my Iphone. However it is FHM 2010. It doesn't look like it is on the app store anymore so I guess I can't download it to my Ipad. The only one that shows up is FHM 2012 and it doesn't show that I own it and I can only buy it now. So do you pull the previous years apps off of the app store once you release a new version?

That kinda stinks because I only played FHM 2010 probably two times, but was ready to give it a go on the bigger screen. Also if I buy FHM 2012 now will it disappear from the app store in 2013 so I can't download it again if I have to wipe my phone/ipad (which has happened with Apple's wonderful upgrades)
Old 11-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #1598
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

If you have Carcassonne, it works well on iPad, as well. Further, it's seamless between the devices so you can play a turn at work on your iPhone an then another turn at home on your iPad.

Jetpack Joyride now also has iCloud game syncing if you turn it on, so you can play the same game (with the same power-ups) on either/both seamlessly.

Don't know of any specific "iPad games" but I have a few that are easier to play on the big screen on mine, including:
Cthulhu Saves the World
Pocket Monsters
Zen Pinball
Back to the Future 1 HD
Bean's Quest
Pocket RPG

I also started using the Pages app for NaNoWriMo, using it in conjunction with the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover to write. It's a nice app.

One other item I have, there is a Julia Child app for iPad (also available for Nook and Android tablets) that has some of her recipes, along with video clips and stuff. It's kind of neat if you want to try some of her recipes.

/tk
Old 11-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #1599
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

Wow. Angry Birds Star Wars has exceeded my expectations. Best use of the SW franchise that I have seen in quite some time.
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #1600
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by PadresFan104 View Post
Wow. Angry Birds Star Wars has exceeded my expectations. Best use of the SW franchise that I have seen in quite some time.

I have been having some fun with it today. It almost cost me being late for picking my son up from school.