Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-19-2018, 04:13 PM   #751
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Are we just ignoring this? It's a masterpiece of bot-dom.

I used Google to translate that post from English to Vietnamese, and then to Bulgarian, and then back to English, and I got this:

They hit the stadium and they know how to beat the two dushi. You will be asked by Khulio for the third time, which will be followed by both the TE and the FB, which will be followed by the health and well-being of the pre-trained person. polouvatat. I love to see you do not hang out in the countryside

Last edited by molson : 11-19-2018 at 04:13 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:25 PM   #752
cuervo72
Head Coach

I reported it to Ben, but guess he didn't check it out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 11-19-2018, 04:28 PM   #753
sabotai
General Manager

English -> Scots Gaelic -> Portuguese -> Javanese -> English

"Everyone knew where the two toys were going. You take Julio away from the position three times, and every one (TEC) will be very tight and FB and will quickly and quickly and will do the piece of music. It's good to see that he does not wear anything late in the winter and the winter is over."
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #754
cuervo72
Head Coach

Butt fumble.

Butt fumble!!
Old 11-19-2018, 10:24 PM   #755
Butter
Coordinator

Hey guys did you know tonight's game is amazing?

How about if a TV guy yells about it every play? Less or more amazing?
Old 11-19-2018, 10:35 PM   #756
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I like Booger, Whitten needs to relax, and the third guy needs to shut the hell up.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:46 PM   #757
Warhammer
Pro Starter

They scored too soon...
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:48 PM   #758
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, just when I thought 52 points was going to be enough the Rams left them 1:49.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:52 PM   #759
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I know his arm was hit but what was he seeing on that throw. It looked like there were 4 Rams around 1 receiver in that area.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:55 PM   #761
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Didn't that receiver go out of bounds?

Yeah, but when you're so busy yelling about everything who has time for facts or rules
Old 11-19-2018, 11:01 PM   #763
RainMaker
General Manager

That's a fun game.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:01 PM   #764
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I didn’t realize the Big 12 started playing on Monday nights.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:08 AM   #765
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm not sure what this means, but it's kinda crazy. If there's holding on virtually every play... either the Cowboys suck at making it obvious they are being held or they are REALLY unlucky.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:40 AM   #766
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I didn’t realize the Big 12 started playing on Monday nights.
It was an Arena League pre-season game.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:12 AM   #767
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Yup, people think of great offense as great football. Where as great defense is bad football or sloppy offense. I did enjoy the game however. Mahomes(despite the turnovers) is wise beyond his years. I have a very hard time seeing either of them two teams winning a Super Bowl playing defense like that however. The Chiefs are understandable but the Rams have great defensive talent so it is hard to explain their defensive lapses this year.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:46 AM   #768
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Hey guys did you know tonight's game is amazing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
I like Booger, Whitten needs to relax, and the third guy needs to shut the hell up.

I hate the entire Monday night team. I long for the days with Al Michaels. Or heck, even Jon Gruden.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:34 AM   #769
Ksyrup

I like Tess, but he's way more obnoxious in an NFL setting than college. Witten is terrible. Booger is the type of talking head who we need less of, not more. I could see him being the next opponent for Stephen A. or that other jerk on Fox who I can't remember (and that makes me gloriously happy).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-20-2018, 10:30 AM   #770
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

Less. Definitely less.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #771
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Reading twitter it’s as if some people would rather have their team be 9-7 but play “hard nose, defense wins titles” football than be 10-1 and have every week be a track meet.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:28 PM   #772
Ksyrup

I would say that's probably because historically, teams needed to be good defensively to win (so it wouldn't follow that being able to play D would equate to a 9-7 record), and that it's also largely a negative response to the way football is changing in general. All of this extra offense is a result of many changes to the way the game is officiated, which smart offensive coaches are able to take advantage of.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:53 PM   #773
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Football is different now than it was even three years ago. And nothing about the change feels temporary. Barring a rule-change to help defenses and/or handicap the passing game, I think that there will be a permanent class of 5-10 teams with a coach/QB combo that will allow them to run super-offenses.

You had the occasional team that could put it all together (99 Rams, 07 Pats, 09 Saints, Manning Broncos, etc) and look unstoppable. But this feels different. It is a schematic change that some coaches/Qbs have mastered.

The great defense + running game model that we all grew up with simply isn't going to cut it anymore over the long term.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:11 PM   #774
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Football is different now than it was even three years ago. And nothing about the change feels temporary. .

When a 20 y/o looks at me last night & says "whatever that was, it isn't football", you know it's pretty dramatic. And that was with only following it via social media.

Worked out well for his fantasy team (he had Tyreek) but that's about it.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:25 AM   #775
Danny
Head Coach

I'd like to see rules tweaked to allow coverage players to be more physical. Should help shift it a bit back to defense while not making the game less safe
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:38 AM   #776
miami_fan
Coordinator

I don’t mind the way the game is being played by the Rams, Saints and Chiefs. I am just less impressed by those offenses than I am by the 99 Rams, 07 Patriots, and even the Oilers run and shoot offenses. The two sides of the ball seemed to be on more even terms rules-wise “back in the day.”

Side note: Remember when the run and shoot was a gimmick and not real NFL football. Fun times.

I feel like the great offenses of the past took advantage of flaws in the defenses they faced. I feel like the offenses of today are taking advantage of rules that restrict what the defense can do. So when I say I want to see more “hard nosed” defenses, I just want a more even playing field for both sides of the ball.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:32 AM   #777
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, at first my answer to that question was that there have always been innovative offenses but the more I think about it, the more I think the last few answers are right. It does feel like with the emphasis on offense and the new rules that it's a different game now.

The Rams are just a really good team all around but I think the Chiefs have the template down - get a mobile QB with a really strong arm and just have speed mismatches all over the field and with the new rules there's really no way these DBs can possibly slow them down. It's probably not a template that all 30 teams in the league can replicate because of talent issues, but I do think the concept of 5-10 teams being super offenses is definitely reachable. Ironically the Browns might be the next one as I think Mayfield probably fits somewhere in between the Brees/Mahomes mold.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 10:40 AM   #778
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So that Stafford pick yesterday had to result in some horrific Thanksgiving table talk around Detroit. That was horrible.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 12:54 AM   #779
kingfc22
Head Coach

Reuben Foster arrested 12 hours before game time.

Time to cut him and move on.
Old 11-25-2018, 10:46 AM   #780
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Reuben Foster arrested 12 hours before game time.

Time to cut him and move on.

And he's gone!
Old 11-25-2018, 01:12 PM   #781
PilotMan
Head Coach

Mayfield looking good against the beat up Bengals secondary today. Damn.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 01:15 PM   #782
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Anyone who says the Giants shouldn't have taken Barkley just isn't paying attention.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:27 PM   #783
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Bottlegate on Twitter: "Build Damarious Randall a statue today for handing Hue the INT ball… "
Old 11-25-2018, 03:44 PM   #784
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Why did the Lions get rid of Eric Ebron again?
Old 11-25-2018, 04:15 PM   #785
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Why did the Lions get rid of Eric Ebron again?

I think any Lions fan could see this coming. I recently read an article where Ebron detailed the whole process, and he really had to have that moment of disbelief that he was cut by the Lions in order to fully dedicate himself to football.....and for whatever reason, that was never going to happen to Detroit, no matter what the coaches said, no matter (or perhaps in spite of) how much he was booed by the fans, he was never going to get to 100% commitment in that environment, regardless of anything done on the Lions end. And yet you could also see that as soon as he made that commitment he would probably fulfill all of the expectations that made him a disappointment in DET.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 11-25-2018 at 04:16 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 04:19 PM   #786
cuervo72
Head Coach

So, see also: Carter, Cris.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:21 PM   #787
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
So, see also: Carter, Cris.

That seems like a pretty good comparison.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #788
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

And the Colts are still in the running for the playoffs.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:01 PM   #789
Thomkal
Head Coach

This season can't be over soon enough for my fellow Cards fans. A nice start to the game, but then a pretty humiliating end. Hard to see where they can keep the head coach if this season is going to be the norm for him as a coach.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:01 PM   #790
Atocep
Coordinator

We need more Dalvin Cook TD celebrations.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:34 PM   #791
bhlloy
Coordinator

The rule changes to the onside kick have basically made coming back from less than two scores with a few minutes left impossible. I guess you keep on doing them and hoping, but have there been any successful this year at all?
Old 11-25-2018, 10:44 PM   #792
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
The rule changes to the onside kick have basically made coming back from less than two scores with a few minutes left impossible. I guess you keep on doing them and hoping, but have there been any successful this year at all?

Going into this weekend, 3 of 34 tries (8%), about 1/3rd the rate of last season and about half the rate over the last decade.

https://www.apnews.com/a8e1a1c67f1e49088c77e9caf1afb311
Old 11-26-2018, 06:29 AM   #793
Ksyrup

Seems like a better strategy to try would be to kick a liner as hard as possible right at someone and hope it bounces back, or at least creates a free-for-all for the ball. Pooch kicks probably are the next option, although getting it just right would be extremely difficult - high enough to give your team time to get there, but not high enough to allow a fair catch.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-26-2018 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:14 PM   #794
sabotai
General Manager

I've seen several attempts to pooch kick it this year, but so far they've all failed and haven't been close.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 03:00 PM   #795
bhlloy
Coordinator

To be fair none of the ones I have seen have been remotely close, pooch kick or not.

I wonder if there’s not a strategy that involves the kicker scooping th ball as high as he possibly can into the air. It might be fun to see how quickly that one would get banned in the name of safety.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:52 PM   #796
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
To be fair none of the ones I have seen have been remotely close, pooch kick or not.

I wonder if there’s not a strategy that involves the kicker scooping th ball as high as he possibly can into the air. It might be fun to see how quickly that one would get banned in the name of safety.

Return team just calls a fair catch
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:09 PM   #797
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Lions put Marvin Jones on IR, just a couple weeks after trading away Golden Tate, and Kerryon Johnson still week-to-week as well, as the Lions have gone from having an ostensibly potent offense to an empty cupboard, REAL quick.

Last edited by thesloppy : 11-26-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:40 PM   #798
bhlloy
Coordinator

Having your TE single blocking on JJ Watt seems like a novel way to lose a football game
Old 11-29-2018, 09:40 PM   #799
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Im not suggestimh they are all bad calls or any conspiracy BS...

But has there ever been a game where during a comeback 6 first downs are awarded in 2 drives on penalties....I'm just shocked at some point the refs fomtnjust eat their flag
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:42 PM   #800
bhlloy
Coordinator

There are some horrible fucking drive extending penalties in this game on both teams. If you told me the NFL just couldn’t handle having no offense in a prime time game they’ve hyped for weeks as an offensive showcase and called it down to the refs, I’m not sure I wouldn’t believe you.