Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #7351
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
The Excedrin Migraine I took is finally kicking in. I can actually turn the lights on now.... (fuckin' migraines...)

I had a headache in Pompei the other day and do you know there wasn't a fucking open Farmacia within like 1k of the ruins of Pompeii that was open (or really that I even saw in existence) at 10am on a Friday morning? And of course you can't buy aspirin anywhere other than a Farmacia.

It was fucking ridiculous. I was dying from wakeup till 4pm when I finally got to Naples and found a Farmacia at the train station.

I <3 America. You can buy over-the-counter medicines in non-pharmacies. Never take that shit for granted.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-02-2012 at 04:34 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #7352
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Man... Excedrin Migraine doesn't even touch mine when I get one.

Only thing that can kill my migraine (and within minutes) is cannabis.

It's usually 50/50 chance that it'll work for me, and I have to hit it before it becomes a full blown migraine. Once that happens, my day is over and I'm in bed with the lights off for the next 24 hours.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #7353
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I <3 America. You can buy over-the-counter medicines in non-pharmacies. Never take that shit for granted.

I'd love to live overseas (either direction) and/or travel extensively, but one of the things I do worry about is differences between America (and New Jersey) and every where else that I've grown too dependent on.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:16 AM   #7354
sabotai
General Manager

I've always had separate virtual identities. No one in my actual real life knows who "sabotai" is. It was a name I used for some game characters, but no one in my life knows "sabotai", the popular FOFC personality. And no one in my real life, or virtual life outside of FOFC, knows about FOFC.

I'm generally a very private person. I keep my interests to myself. Hardly anyone in my real life knows I like to study languages. Just a few of my closest friends, that's it. And no one knows about FOFC at all. I'm just not the type of person that likes to talk about myself or, as George Costanza would put it, have worlds collide. I have "FOFC Jay" (sabotai), I have "Real Life Jay", I have "(insert gaming community) Jay", etc.

Thanks to social media and what not, all of those worlds have now collided. Real Life Jay has destroyed all of them.....

RIP sabotai....

(Incidentally, if anyone should notice two of me on their various lists of followers, friends, etc., it's because I'm making new accounts on a lot of websites and ditching the "sabotai" name for a much more boring, real life type identity on as many sites as feasible. After I get done that, then I'll be deleting my old accounts. Since it easy for employers and every in general to dig up anything on anyone using these sites - not that I have anything on them except a weird name - I figure it's time to be "Real Life Jay" on these social media sites.)
Old 03-03-2012, 01:18 AM   #7355
StLee
High School Varsity

Quote:
I had a headache in Pompei the other day and do you know there wasn't a fucking open Farmacia within like 1k of the ruins of Pompeii that was open (or really that I even saw in existence) at 10am on a Friday morning? And of course you can't buy aspirin anywhere other than a Farmacia.

It was fucking ridiculous. I was dying from wakeup till 4pm when I finally got to Naples and found a Farmacia at the train station.

I live in Korea, and that bothers me, too. No over-the-counter headache medicine, nor cold medicine. On the bright side, everything in a Korean pharmacy is much cheaper than an American one.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #7356
MrBug708
Head Coach

My fiancee told me it bothers her when I put the toliet seat down.

I don't know what to do with that
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #7357
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Excedrin Migraine I took is finally kicking in. I can actually turn the lights on now.... (fuckin' migraines...)

My GF gets severe migraines, and takes some serious shit to help her get through it (although I personally think what they really do is just knock herout so she doesn't feel the pain).

Anyway...what has worked for her recently (or at least helped) is always getting the blood going early in the day with a cardio workout. Nothing huge, just break a good sweat for a bit early on.

Of course, her migraines are apparently chemical-induced from an incident she had years ago, so this might not work if you're just naturally susceptible to migraines.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:26 AM   #7358
Grover
Pro Starter

Luck is a pretty good show.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #7359
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Cracker Barrel (the cheese not the restaurant) now has a Cracked Black Pepper cheddar. I had some on toast with my chili last night and then again with my eggs this morning. Man, it is good stuff.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #7360
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Two of most uninspired nicknames a person can be given are 'Soup' if one's last name is Campbell and 'Sully' if one's last name is Sullivan. Surely, there must be something more creative one can come up with.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #7361
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
My fiancee told me it bothers her when I put the toliet seat down.

I don't know what to do with that

My wife and I agreed a long time ago that the best way to handle this was for both of us to agree to put the seat AND the lid down whenever we're done. That way we both get in the habit of always needing to open something, and neither gets annoyed.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #7362
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I've known so many Sully's that I figured it must be proper etiquette.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #7363
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

In his ninety years, Winston Churchill spent fifty-five years as a member of Parliament, thirty-one years as a minister, and nearly nine years as prime minister. He had been present at or fought in fifteen battles, and had been awarded fourteen campaign medals, some with multiple clasps. He had been a prominent figure in the First World War, and a dominant one in the Second. He had published nearly 10 million words, more than most professional writers in their lifetime, and painted over five hundred canvases, more than most professional painters. He had reconstructed a stately home and created a splendid garden with its three lakes, which he had caused to be dug himself. He had built a cottage and a garden wall. He was a fellow of the Royal Society, an Elder Brother of Trinity House, a Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports, a Royal Academician, a university chancellor, a Nobel Prizeman, a Knight of the Garter, a Companion of Honour, and a member of the Order of Merit. Scores of towns made him an honorary citizen, dozens of universities awarded him honorary degrees, and thirteen countries gave him medals. He hunted big game and won a score of races. How many bottles of champagne he consumed is not recorded, but it may be close to twenty thousand. He had a large and much-loved family, and countless friends.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:17 AM   #7364
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

A couple of things as I was out getting food and drink for the usual sunday night get together with friends.

I saw one of the most.. well, awful was the best word I could come up with displays of parenting I've ever seen. Mother pushing the cart with a ten-twelve year old (tops) and a four-five year old.

The mother says "Could you take care of him" to the older kid (apparently the younger kid had been running around or something)

The older kid picks up the younger kid into a position over his shoulder, to the point that I thought that if the older kid stumbles, or loses his balance, or the younger kid shifts his weight even slightly, the younger kid was going to land right on his head.

That was bad enough, but a few seconds later..

Older Kid: Are you going to behave?

Younger Kid: yes..

Older Kid: If you misbehave again, I'm going to beat you up..

Younger Kid: ok..

At this point I looked at the mom increduously, who stared back at me as if she dared me to say anything about the situation. I almost did. Allowing one kid to bully another with the parents approval (and being told to!) those kids are gonna grow up twisted..

So, to lighten my mental balance for not saying anything, here's a different random thought.

Have you ever gone to the grocery store, got $50-60 worth of stuf in those plastic bags, got home and tried to figure out how you can carry all this stuff in one trip?

I had two twelve packs of soda, five plastic bags of various weights.. and a gallon of milk. I was honestly trying to carry all this in on one trip. Five plastic bags hanging from one arm, soda on one hand with the milk precariously balanced on top and the other twelve pack of soda in the other hand. Luckily, I came to my senses and realized that there was no way I was going to get everything inside without spilling stuff, or slipping on the slushy walk.. so I took two trips. But it was a close run thing,
Old 03-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #7365
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I am a master of the 1-trip.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #7366
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Very strange seeing my brother quoted in the "Your body's mysteries solved" article in Parade magazine. He's quoted about the dried crap in the corners if your eyes.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #7367
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Very strange seeing my brother quoted in the "Your body's mysteries solved" article in Parade magazine. He's quoted about the dried crap in the corners if your eyes.
eye boogers?

godfather marathon on amc this weekend has led me on an internet journey to learn all there is to know about cinematographer gordy willis. cinematographers never get enough credit.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #7368
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I bet the mom in the grocery store smokes in the car with her kids
Old 03-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #7369
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Wish i had checked the weather last night to know i might want to get uo early this morning. Wake up, turn the weather on, and see theres a couple dozen accidents throughout the area due to a little snow but mostly ice. I hate sitting still on I-75 as the time I need to be in class creeps by. Fuuuuu
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #7370
bhlloy
Coordinator

On my phone so can't link it but reading an article on Putin's election "win" and apparently there is a spokesperson at the Council of Europe called Tiny Cox. Either CNN just made one of the worst spelling faux-pas I've seen, somebody is giggling that they managed to sneak that through their copy editor or Mr Cox really really needs to consider a name change
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #7371
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I am a master of the 1-trip.

So am I. We may have to duel, as there can only be one.

To take more than one trip is to put into question my manhood. If I forget milk or ice cream on the trip, c'est la vie--it's going bad.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #7372
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

What, pray tell, is a 1-trip?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #7373
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I had to hone my 1-trip skills when I lived in Italy. Didn't have a car, but the grocery store was only a block away. First few trips were an adventure. Then I discovered the joys of internet ordering, and I didn't have to carry groceries ever again.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #7374
stevew
Hall Of Famer

One of the benefits of it being cold is that you can leave milk, etc in the car if you can't pull off a 1-trip.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #7375
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

From the desk of the Department of Efficiently Removing Departmental Redundancies Department:

My coworker has now been effectively told that he isn't allowed to do...his job. (He does server administration, etc).

For him to do, pretty much anything, he has to submit change control requests. Which are reviewed by a group that only meets once a week. He also has to submit paperwork to every group that any change he makes would affect, who also have to sign off on it. He has previously been told in no uncertain terms that he is not to do shit until he has approval from these Lords and Masters.

So he's trying to get moving on stuff he's been sitting on forever, and he figures he'll get a head start on the paperwork, since it's been proven lately how long getting approval for ANYTHING takes. His boss responds, and tells him...because the other teams who have to do work on this are not ready, to not bother submitting the paperwork yet.

So he now has to wait on other groups to get their act together and submit paperwork, get THEIR stuff approved, AND wait for them to actually do work... to allow him to submit paperwork, to allow him the CHANCE to do any work whatsoever (because bear in mind, the tradition of this company is to deny ANYTHING that has an error in their byzantine paperwork).

I might add, from a working standpoint, nothing any other team needs to do has any bearing on him getting his shit done. It's strictly a bureaucratic problem, not a technical one.

I really have no idea how this company functions.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 03-05-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #7376
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Why does the tune to "It's Raining Men" have to be so catchy? Damn you, Paul Schafer!
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #7377
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
In his ninety years, Winston Churchill spent fifty-five years as a member of Parliament, thirty-one years as a minister, and nearly nine years as prime minister. He had been present at or fought in fifteen battles, and had been awarded fourteen campaign medals, some with multiple clasps. He had been a prominent figure in the First World War, and a dominant one in the Second. He had published nearly 10 million words, more than most professional writers in their lifetime, and painted over five hundred canvases, more than most professional painters. He had reconstructed a stately home and created a splendid garden with its three lakes, which he had caused to be dug himself. He had built a cottage and a garden wall. He was a fellow of the Royal Society, an Elder Brother of Trinity House, a Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports, a Royal Academician, a university chancellor, a Nobel Prizeman, a Knight of the Garter, a Companion of Honour, and a member of the Order of Merit. Scores of towns made him an honorary citizen, dozens of universities awarded him honorary degrees, and thirteen countries gave him medals. He hunted big game and won a score of races. How many bottles of champagne he consumed is not recorded, but it may be close to twenty thousand. He had a large and much-loved family, and countless friends.

The heck of it, he still may not be the most distinguished of men in his family line.

Check out John Churchill, 1st Duke of Marlborough.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #7378
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
On my phone so can't link it but reading an article on Putin's election "win" and apparently there is a spokesperson at the Council of Europe called Tiny Cox. Either CNN just made one of the worst spelling faux-pas I've seen, somebody is giggling that they managed to sneak that through their copy editor or Mr Cox really really needs to consider a name change

He appears to be real (or at least as real as anyone on the internet)

Mr Tiny KOX

edit to add: You are not, however, the first person to note this particular bit of unintentional comedy.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/da...ame-in-europe/

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-05-2012 at 04:04 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #7379
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It's also amazing to me to see people (on FB) who don't appear to have aged hardly at all in the 20-30 years that have passed since I saw them last. No obvious signs of cosmetic work or anything, they just freakin look the same.

They're few & far between but I'm actually surprised by the number that I've seen. Either I've known a few true genetic freaks in that respect or there's more than one pic of Dorian Gray hidden in attics around north Georgia.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #7380
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
From the desk of the Department of Efficiently Removing Departmental Redundancies Department:

My coworker has now been effectively told that he isn't allowed to do...his job. (He does server administration, etc).

For him to do, pretty much anything, he has to submit change control requests. Which are reviewed by a group that only meets once a week. He also has to submit paperwork to every group that any change he makes would affect, who also have to sign off on it. He has previously been told in no uncertain terms that he is not to do shit until he has approval from these Lords and Masters.

So he's trying to get moving on stuff he's been sitting on forever, and he figures he'll get a head start on the paperwork, since it's been proven lately how long getting approval for ANYTHING takes. His boss responds, and tells him...because the other teams who have to do work on this are not ready, to not bother submitting the paperwork yet.

So he now has to wait on other groups to get their act together and submit paperwork, get THEIR stuff approved, AND wait for them to actually do work... to allow him to submit paperwork, to allow him the CHANCE to do any work whatsoever (because bear in mind, the tradition of this company is to deny ANYTHING that has an error in their byzantine paperwork).

I might add, from a working standpoint, nothing any other team needs to do has any bearing on him getting his shit done. It's strictly a bureaucratic problem, not a technical one.

I really have no idea how this company functions.

Sounds like the efficiency experts were brought in! Sadly I'm not kidding. They brought them into my company. Apparently guaranteed upper management "15% more efficiency" or some BS.

Now I have to bookkeep my time in two independent places and write down "barriers" to doing my job. I figure I spend 30 minutes a day "billable" time doing that, so it makes me less efficient...

I probably wouldn't mind so much of it seemed like anybody was looking at the identified barriers and DOING something about it. But that'd be too much to ask.

The company that came was called DB&A. We call them "Douhebag Associates." What a joke.

/tk
Old 03-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #7381
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Sounds like the efficiency experts were brought in! Sadly I'm not kidding. They brought them into my company. Apparently guaranteed upper management "15% more efficiency" or some BS.

Now I have to bookkeep my time in two independent places and write down "barriers" to doing my job. I figure I spend 30 minutes a day "billable" time doing that, so it makes me less efficient...

I probably wouldn't mind so much of it seemed like anybody was looking at the identified barriers and DOING something about it. But that'd be too much to ask.

The company that came was called DB&A. We call them "Douhebag Associates." What a joke.

/tk

You should probably point out that the bookkeeping your time in 2 places is a barrier to doing your job.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #7382
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

/tk

They must have been hired by my company at some point.

It'd just been ridiculous. We were bought out by a giganto corporation, who are, as noted, completely bureaucratic, and seem to believe that their business practices can be stuffed down our throats. They don't get that our companies did related, but COMPLETELY different things, and require very different methods.

Funny thing is, they merged with another large company not long after, who is closer to what our company does. And they, for the most part, have just been dumbfounded at some of the stupidity they've tried to implement. Still rampant stupidity, but we're holding out the hopes they pull rank and deal with some of this shit.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #7383
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You should probably point out that the bookkeeping your time in 2 places is a barrier to doing your job.

You joke, but I do list time spent filling out their stupid Excel sheet (not even a proper database!) as a barrier. I figure 1/2 hour of my 8 hour day (ok, it's never 8 hours, but you get the idea) represents 6% efficiency loss. So to make up for it, I actually need to achieve a 21% improvement.

/tk
Old 03-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #7384
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

god damn it.

I just found out I've been tying my shoes wrong my whole life. I've been doing a granny knot.

Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #7385
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Olivia Munn photos: real or not, I can't fap to these
Old 03-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #7386
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
Olivia Munn photos: real or not, I can't fap to these

Hall and Oates need to record I Can't Fap To That(No Can Do)
Old 03-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #7387
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You joke, but I do list time spent filling out their stupid Excel sheet (not even a proper database!) as a barrier. I figure 1/2 hour of my 8 hour day (ok, it's never 8 hours, but you get the idea) represents 6% efficiency loss. So to make up for it, I actually need to achieve a 21% improvement.

/tk
Wasn't necessarily joking. I'd be the squeaky wheel that''d point it out again and again and again until they did something about it.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #7388
sabotai
General Manager

Quick resume question that I suppose doesn't deserve its own thread...

I often hear people say that you shouldn't put down any jobs on your resume if they aren't relevant to the job you are applying for. What if I'm applying for a job in which I have no job related experience? Do I just not include any work history on my resume?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:31 PM   #7389
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
god damn it.

I just found out I've been tying my shoes wrong my whole life. I've been doing a granny knot.

huh?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #7390
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Quick resume question that I suppose doesn't deserve its own thread...

I often hear people say that you shouldn't put down any jobs on your resume if they aren't relevant to the job you are applying for. What if I'm applying for a job in which I have no job related experience? Do I just not include any work history on my resume?

I've never heard that. IMO you should put all your jobs on the resume, otherwise employers are going to wonder why the gap. The key is finding a way to find the experience you have at your old job(s) and find a way to make it relate to either the job you are applying for or a broader skill set.

For example, I worked in restaurants my whole life until I switched jobs to the insurance industry. I work in property damage. I have no experience with cars or insurance, but got the job. I focused on the fact I could multitask, be a team player, and perform will under pressure.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:24 AM   #7391
Rizon
Pro Starter

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting

Why the interest in illegal cell-phone jammers? - CNN.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #7392
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post

I've been looking at these for years but the penalties always scared me away. I'm surprised places like movie theaters haven't lobbied for an exception.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #7393
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

On the resume issue, I'd list the job, but give a description that's only relevant to what skills you might need to the job you're applying for, and if you've got some relevant jobs and others not, the amount of space devoted to each should reflect that. So, a short summary for the non-relevant job(s), and a more detailed discussion of the relevant jobs.

If you've got NO relevant job experience, I think you try to pull out as many relevant skills from each as possible, but overall, I'd shift the focus from job experience to education and whatever skillset you've learned that will be relevant to the job you are seeking. I'd probably put the job experience further down in the resume, and use it mostly to show that you've actually been working.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #7394
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
It's also amazing to me to see people (on FB) who don't appear to have aged hardly at all in the 20-30 years that have passed since I saw them last. No obvious signs of cosmetic work or anything, they just freakin look the same.

They're few & far between but I'm actually surprised by the number that I've seen. Either I've known a few true genetic freaks in that respect or there's more than one pic of Dorian Gray hidden in attics around north Georgia.

So far... (knock on wood)... I would guess I would fall into this category. I seem to be easily recognizable by people I haven't seen in 10-20 years. I am 39 but I am told consistently that I look like I am in my early 30s.

I get this Twlight Zone-y feeling sometimes that one day I'll wake up and realize I no longer 8-10 years under my age, but now look 8-10 years over my age.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #7395
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

On my way to work, driving the speed limit. I decide to pass this car that was annoying me to my right. That's when I saw the cop.

As I pass him, the lights come on. I change lanes to get in front of the annoying car, then again to get in front of a big truck, then again & exit the highway. I then take a quick turn into a subdivision & snake through a few streets, all the while keeping an eye on my mirrors.

No sign of Smokey.

I'm east-bound and down.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #7396
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I'm east-bound and down.

Just watch ol' Bandit run
Old 03-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #7397
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
On my way to work, driving the speed limit. I decide to pass this car that was annoying me to my right. That's when I saw the cop.

As I pass him, the lights come on. I change lanes to get in front of the annoying car, then again to get in front of a big truck, then again & exit the highway. I then take a quick turn into a subdivision & snake through a few streets, all the while keeping an eye on my mirrors.

No sign of Smokey.

I'm east-bound and down.

Success.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #7398
ColtCrazy
College Starter

State testing this week and there's nothing for me to do but monitor. Ended up getting bored enough to go back and find random old threads on the site to read. The 2006 AFC Championship game was entertaining. Almost a play by play.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #7399
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
State testing this week and there's nothing for me to do but monitor. Ended up getting bored enough to go back and find random old threads on the site to read. The 2006 AFC Championship game was entertaining. Almost a play by play.

One of my most favorite sports memories is going to wake up my wife because she went to bed at halftime. "Hey, you want to get up. The Colts are back in the game."
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #7400
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I remember getting pissed and falling asleep, only to awake to Peyton leading a comeback.