Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2005, 02:29 PM   #651
kingfc22
Head Coach

Does anyone else have a viewing power? I know Qwik and myself had the ability to scan after night 1 conversion. CW claims to have been able to scan at that time as well.

I was able to scan again after this conversion. CW is dead and Qwik is an uncertain now. If anybody else has an ability to scan after a conversion. Now is the time to come forward.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:31 PM   #652
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
And furthermore, if CW was actually the bodyguard, they would risk Qwik assuming the role.

Hoops, you'll note that despite my noting of the wavering on Blade, it all happened before Qwik's reveal so I considered it completely above-board. I don't know if you're X-COM now, but I'm 100% convinced you were X-COM on day 2.

Mr. W, we need to stop focusing on Hoop's at least for today because he is not a 100% alien kill. Like I said, I scanned him after conversion 1 and he was clean. I scanned him today and he was clean again. Yes, he might very well be an alien, but he is not a Chryssalid.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:37 PM   #653
Thomkal
Head Coach

And here I thought no other werewolf game would top the record from last game for invented powers, roles and visions.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:37 PM   #654
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Does anyone else have a viewing power? I know Qwik and myself had the ability to scan after night 1 conversion. CW claims to have been able to scan at that time as well.

I was able to scan again after this conversion. CW is dead and Qwik is an uncertain now. If anybody else has an ability to scan after a conversion. Now is the time to come forward.

Raiders claims the ability to be able to scan. Of course, he is in the axis of evil. You know its funny, if you come out and tell everyone the truth, they distrust you. Why not go with my plan? Kill Neon, Raiders, then Hoops.

Its amazing how many times Neon has escaped the chopping block. They want you to lynch me, so they don't look guilty when they kill me.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:39 PM   #655
hoopsguy
General Manager

Mr. Wednesday, if you believe that I was X-com on day 2 then you should also believe that Digamma is lying at this point in time. He is saying I was converted Night 1. I am strongly suggesting that he was converted last night. Fouts also said I was converted before there was a second conversion. Again, if you believe I was on your side on Day 2 then these two are lying.

Whoever was converted is not the primary enemy right now - unless someone believes that the converted aliens can also convert? I'm not buying that. We need to get the 2nd Chryssalid.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:41 PM   #656
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm smirking at Fouts defining the axis of evil. Need an icon for that ...
Old 07-27-2005, 02:44 PM   #657
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I think you are right.

We need to vote as a bloc tonight, as well. If we split our vote for the wrong person, the aliens can railroad us with their vote and we will be in a very bad spot.

This is completely true. However, I'm not going to be here for most of the day (and for the vote), so I'm sticking with my vote of Neon_Chaos because of my reasoning back in posts #517 and #473. I think that regardless of what we think that CW was, Neon_Chaos is a bad guy. Based upon everything that happened yesterday, we have only three options:

1) If CW was telling the truth about his scan, then Neon_Chaos IS the Chryssalid, there is no arguing that.

If CW was a bad guy, however, and lying to us for his benefit...then we have two MORE options.

2) Neon_Chaos is not a bad guy. If CW's gambit worked, we would have hung him, found out he was a good guy, and then immediately turned upon CW. The Aliens would have gotten a 2-for-1 situation (one good guy, one night kill/conversion, only one Alien dead) -- which doesn't make sense, because before CW opened his mouth, we had practically no idea what we were doing, and the Aliens had at least a good chance of getting a 2-for-0 situation (we vote a good guy, they kill/convert a good guy, don't necessarily lose a bad guy the next day). This strategy seems flawed. The only way this strategy looks good is if CW is a 'brutal wolf' type character who can take someone out as he dies -- then the Aliens get a 3-for-1 swing. Since CW died, and didn't kill anyone in the process (though he tried), that further makes this strategy look bad.

3) Neon_Chaos is a bad guy (anyways), and CW was trying to set it up so he was considered a good guy the rest of the way. I think this is a strong strategy, and until recently had thought it a strong possibility.

In two of these three scenarios, Neon is not a good guy. And in the only scenario in which Neon IS a good guy, CW is a bad guy, and his strategy makes very little sense. Hence my vote for Neon_Chaos.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:46 PM   #658
Vince
Pro Starter

Oh, just in case I didn't do it before...

I vote Neon_Chaos.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:52 PM   #659
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
They want you to lynch me, so they don't look guilty when they kill me.

Actually, I want to lynch you because you bleed black. But I can't speak for the others.

I'm still waiting for you to address your Day 1 vote of Schmidty. And if you had insider information on the aliens then why did you sit on it until two minutes before the vote yesterday? I can't believe you aren't having to answer more questions.

I'm half expecting Fouts to vote for himself next ... "It seemed to work for Neon ..."
Old 07-27-2005, 02:57 PM   #660
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Actually, I want to lynch you because you bleed black. But I can't speak for the others.

I'm still waiting for you to address your Day 1 vote of Schmidty. And if you had insider information on the aliens then why did you sit on it until two minutes before the vote yesterday? I can't believe you aren't having to answer more questions.

I'm half expecting Fouts to vote for himself next ... "It seemed to work for Neon ..."

I was a slave to the aliens and had to lay low. Once I found out who the bodyguard was, my priorities changed. I just want to survive this, but without the bodyguard it doesn't seem possible, so I put everything on the table. To tell you the truth, if I could sneak out the back door and you guys fight it out, I would gladly do that.

Heading out to class. Hopefully Neon will finally get what is coming to him. You can lead a horse to water, but....
Old 07-27-2005, 02:58 PM   #661
Vince
Pro Starter

Fouts -- when did you know who the aliens were? Immediately?
Old 07-27-2005, 03:02 PM   #662
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, I'm off to work. I've said my peace, and made my vote the only way I think it should be made. I'm off to work for the first time in a month and a half -- I probably won't be back until about 10, 10:30 PST. Good luck, gentlemen.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:19 PM   #663
Swaggs
Coordinator

So, we are split between Neon Chaos and Fouts right now, right?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:22 PM   #664
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
There's at least one more person who can back up hoopsguy being converted. I'll let him come forward when he is ready.

This statement has me worried. I know for a fact that hoops guy was NOT converted. And then when I mentioned that Raider's is the ony person to vote for both Peregrine and CW (who I believe was human due to red blood) he tells me to unite if I am human to take me off my vote for Raider's and presumably vote Neon.

I'm almost tempted to just vote Qwik because he has said almost nothing all day probably because he doesn't know what to do with his new "alien" role. Right now it is 7-4 and we are voting for Neon because of Qwik's scan, but we already got Blade who was part of that same scan. On night 1, I scanned Blade, Peregrine and Hoops and I also got a read on a Chyrssalid. I can not see how Neon is a Chryssalid and that is why I did not vote for him yesterday. Back on post 453, Jeeber makes a good point. Why would the aliens kill Peregrine and leave Neon to die?

If we kill Neon and he is a good guy we lose another tonight unless a guard/doctor gets lucky we are down to 5-4. Then who do we target tomorow?

If Neon is an alien we are up 6-3 at the end of the day barring a save.

If we kill Qwik and he HAS been converted we are still up 6-3.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:23 PM   #665
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Alrighty. I've got to go. I'll check in one last time, but tonight I have to go to a meeting from 7 to 8 EST. I'll put in my vote for someone at that time. All I can do is reiterate that it should be either Fouts or digamma on the chopping block tonight. I am leery of voting for Neon_Chaos since the last game we played and we had someone accused for a while and they were forgotten, but brought up again, they were hung and they turned out to be a good guy.

I'm sure that Fouts, digamma, and two other people (maybe kingfc22???) are aliens. kingfc22 may be safe since he voted for me when others wouldn't...which I find very interesting. His vote not with everyone else against Neon tells me that he isn't on their "hidden" agenda. Then again, he unvoted...
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:25 PM   #666
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Like in the last few games, Neon is a target of opportunity. Why kill him if we do it ourselves? That was the strategy of the creatures/wolves the past two times I've played. I won't be played like that again.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:26 PM   #667
digamma
Torchbearer

I believe the non-aliens need to stick together. This vote is crucial.

Unvote hoopsguy.

Vote Neon_Chaos.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:26 PM   #668
kingfc22
Head Coach

And Fouts has me confused as well. This slave role he claims seems to be way too powerful. You know the aliens, yet you are on the side of the humans. I played the hostage role in the previous WW game which I think is similar to the role you claim ot have. As the hostage, I had no clue who was holding me captive.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:27 PM   #669
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
This statement has me worried. I know for a fact that hoops guy was NOT converted. And then when I mentioned that Raider's is the ony person to vote for both Peregrine and CW (who I believe was human due to red blood) he tells me to unite if I am human to take me off my vote for Raider's and presumably vote Neon.

I'm almost tempted to just vote Qwik because he has said almost nothing all day probably because he doesn't know what to do with his new "alien" role. Right now it is 7-4 and we are voting for Neon because of Qwik's scan, but we already got Blade who was part of that same scan. On night 1, I scanned Blade, Peregrine and Hoops and I also got a read on a Chyrssalid. I can not see how Neon is a Chryssalid and that is why I did not vote for him yesterday. Back on post 453, Jeeber makes a good point. Why would the aliens kill Peregrine and leave Neon to die?

If we kill Neon and he is a good guy we lose another tonight unless a guard/doctor gets lucky we are down to 5-4. Then who do we target tomorow?

If Neon is an alien we are up 6-3 at the end of the day barring a save.

If we kill Qwik and he HAS been converted we are still up 6-3.

That has me worried too, king. I'm afraid I sent my scan results to a bad guy. He knows who he is and he can come forward if he wants.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:27 PM   #670
Fouts
College Starter

Looks like King was converted last night. He is picking targets randomly, which is what their plan is - to confuse everyone. We might have a chance at winning if the converter dies tonight. I'm sure it will rest on Swaggs and Jeeber, like last night. I hope you two make the right choice this time.

Out the door this time. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:28 PM   #671
Vince
Pro Starter

Does anyone read what I wrote? What are people's thoughts on my analysis? I'm starting to feel like I'm the only sane person here.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:31 PM   #672
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Based on post-death comments made in another thread, I believe that Blade was some sort of "boss" at the time of his death.

I am convinced that Hoops was acting as a good guy through his vote for Blade on day 2 -- that doesn't seem consistent to me with a night 1 conversion, but I suppose (especially considering Fouts very odd claims) it's not completely out of the question for him to have been sort of partially converted but still acting on our side that day.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:31 PM   #673
Vince
Pro Starter

Bascially, here's why I'm still harping on what happened yesterday.

EVERYTHING since then has been confusing. Fouts, digamma, everyone claiming roles, etc. It's going to be well nigh impossible to draw a bead through all of this carnage. Lies, truth...I'm confused as hell over what's been going on. This is why I'm sticking with Neon -- my analysis seems to make sense (to me at least), and it takes all of the tomfoolery from today out of the equation.

I'm leaving now for work for real, so I won't be back to check in. But would someone at least THINK about what I said?
Old 07-27-2005, 03:33 PM   #674
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Vince, I'll try not to forget your contribution as the accusations continue to fly.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 07-27-2005, 03:34 PM   #675
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Bascially, here's why I'm still harping on what happened yesterday.

EVERYTHING since then has been confusing. Fouts, digamma, everyone claiming roles, etc. It's going to be well nigh impossible to draw a bead through all of this carnage. Lies, truth...I'm confused as hell over what's been going on. This is why I'm sticking with Neon -- my analysis seems to make sense (to me at least), and it takes all of the tomfoolery from today out of the equation.

I'm leaving now for work for real, so I won't be back to check in. But would someone at least THINK about what I said?

Vince, it makes perfect sense to me, but perhaps that is because I have the added knowledge about Coffee Warlord.

I've changed my vote to Neon, in part because of your posts. We need to stick together, here.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:34 PM   #676
kingfc22
Head Coach

The only reason I'm afraid to go with Neon is that it's been talked about for so long that the aliens would just bandwagon as well and then what do we do tomorrow?

I think we need to take a chance on someone and then see how the votes play out.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:35 PM   #677
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Fouts, if you are some sort of slave, what is your goal? To help the aliens succeed? To become free? What is your usefulness to them? Did you enter the game effectively playing both sides, with the aliens always having a free conversion to use on you? Help me understand what you claim your role to be.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:36 PM   #678
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
Looks like King was converted last night. He is picking targets randomly, which is what their plan is - to confuse everyone. We might have a chance at winning if the converter dies tonight. I'm sure it will rest on Swaggs and Jeeber, like last night. I hope you two make the right choice this time.

Out the door this time. Good luck.

No I have not been converted. I am here to blast aliens and save humanity. Again, the role you claim to have is TOO powerful. I ask again, why would you know all the aliens ID's and be on the humans side.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:36 PM   #679
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anyone who is thinking about believing Fouts, go back and read his posts the last three days of the last werewolf game. He is up to the same BS, promising that he is a savior while we gore ourselves to death. We don't have unlimited time to get this right. I'm not sure where the sheepish "I want to hide" attitude comes into play - that is the only thing that I don't understand.

The only reason I'm worried about Qwik not showing up yet is that I'm worried we won't have much time to respond to whatever it is he posts. So we'll have to decide on the fly if he is friend or foe.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:39 PM   #680
kingfc22
Head Coach

Fouts you want Neon, Raider's and Hoops killed.

Neon - too easy of a target for the aliens to bandwagon on
Hoops - I've viewed him twice and both times he was clean
Raider's - the only one of the 3, I have targeted as an alien, but his last post #665 has changed my mind
Old 07-27-2005, 03:40 PM   #681
kingfc22
Head Coach

Vote Fouts
Old 07-27-2005, 03:44 PM   #682
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Fouts, if you are some sort of slave, what is your goal? To help the aliens succeed? To become free? What is your usefulness to them? Did you enter the game effectively playing both sides, with the aliens always having a free conversion to use on you? Help me understand what you claim your role to be.

Ok. I'll put my last card on the table. I am the spy. Originally, they thought I was their spy, so I was involved in their communications. Once I found out who the bodyguard was, I saw my way out. I could give notes to the bodyguard, telling him who to protect each night. I HAD to save the bodyguard, because without him, I was doomed to a life with the aliens. I tried to leave hints to you guys throughout the game. I guess soldiers just don't trust anyone.

There it is, believe it or not. Neon (converter), Raiders (receives images), Hoops (converted, alien cheerleader). They converted someone last night, not sure who, but they left me to frame for the whole deal.

To end the conversions, we need to kill Neon. If he lives, our chances are miniscule.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:45 PM   #683
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Vote Fouts

This confirms your conversion. The whole plan is to set me up. Lets hope the real humans don't fall for it.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:45 PM   #684
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Vote Fouts

Do we have to add another to the axis of evil?
Old 07-27-2005, 03:47 PM   #685
Fouts
College Starter

Ok, I'm out the door. Hopefully I'll return tonight with my neck still intact.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:48 PM   #686
kingfc22
Head Coach

That makes no sense. First you were a slave. Then you were their spy. Now you are a human spy.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:48 PM   #687
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Vote Fouts

This is what I was waiting for.

I know that hoopsguy has been converted and now, it appears, as if kingfc22 has also been converted. I'm not absolutely certain, but I also believe that Raiders Army and Neon Chaos are aliens, with Neon Chaos being the alien with the ability to convert us into them.

Vote Neon Chaos
Old 07-27-2005, 03:49 PM   #688
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

A man is silent for a bit and all of a sudden *poof* he's a bad man.

Today was a busy day. I haven't received any real new information, so I'm in the process of figuring out all that is going on.

I'm also frustrated in losing CW.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:50 PM   #689
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

That's weird, how do the aliens start out thinking he's their spy, but he's really our spy? None of this role stuff makes any sense to me. I know somebody's trying to play me, but I'm not sure who.

Old 07-27-2005, 03:51 PM   #690
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I want to return to one point that I think may be getting lost in translation here. We have two different people who have scanned me and have different results. Digamma says he scanned me last night and I was converted. King says he scanned me night one and I wasn't converted. How is this possible?

Fouts would have you believe that King is lying. He would have you ignore the voting evidence the day after my conversion, which seems sufficient to convince at least Mr. Wednesday that I'm telling the truth.

I would have you believe that Fouts is lying and that Digamma was converted last night. Have I missed any of the particulars that surround this little drama right now?

I don't think this is the best thing for us to do, but I'm more than willing to let it come down to this:
1.) If you think I'm lying vote for me. If I'm revealed as the alien and/or the convert, then you should have a roadmap for how to proceed.
2.) If you think Fouts is lying, then shoot him tonight. If he's revealed as the alien then we have at least one more easy target for tomorrow.

My worry in putting this out there like this is that I don't know how many conversions the aliens have left and I'm very concerned that one wrong kill = game over. Also, Fouts is making it neat and tidy that you kill three straight people and it is game over. I understand that people want to believe this - it makes it a heck of a lot easier to play this for the rest of the weekend. You can almost taste the victory. But since I'm one of the three on the chopping block here I'm obviously not in favor of this plan.

He is playing us. If you think I'm telling the truth you absolutely, positively, should vote for Fouts tonight. My vote stays on Fouts.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:51 PM   #691
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Swaggs, is this something you've concluded through the votes and conversations, or do you have some special insight to contribute to us?

Old 07-27-2005, 03:52 PM   #692
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
That has me worried too, king. I'm afraid I sent my scan results to a bad guy. He knows who he is and he can come forward if he wants.

I'm not concerned about this anymore.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:52 PM   #693
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Right now, this is feeling an awful lot like the VI endgame. For that reason, I'm going to go with my instinct and Vote Fouts.

Qwik, surely you tried looking in CW's room last night?

Old 07-27-2005, 03:54 PM   #694
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Right now, this is feeling an awful lot like the VI endgame. For that reason, I'm going to go with my instinct and Vote Fouts.

Qwik, surely you tried looking in CW's room last night?

Didn't come up with anything damning.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:54 PM   #695
hoopsguy
General Manager

Guess you have to update the above post to account for Swaggs being against me as well. Of course, if they think that Kingfc is the convert, then that means that Qwik should be believed, right? Here's hoping he can help sort out this mess.

Either way, the sides appear to be pretty set right now:
Fouts, Swaggs, Digamma
vs
Hoops, RA, Neon, Kingfc

Vince, Jeeber, Mr. Wedneday, and Quikshot will be the determining factors.

What sucks is that I'm convinced someone listed on my team is playing for the other guys
Old 07-27-2005, 03:55 PM   #696
Swaggs
Coordinator

Mr. Wednesday, I do have some insight.

I am certain that you are human and I urge you to vote for Neon Chaos if you want us to win.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:56 PM   #697
kingfc22
Head Coach

Clearly Digamma and Fouts are working together.

Mr. W - human
King - human
Hoops - human
Raider's - human
Jeeber - human

digamma - alien
fouts - alien

Swaggs- ?
Qwik - possible convert
Vince - ?
Neon - too easy of a target

This is how I break it down.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:57 PM   #698
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I'm afraid I sent my scan results to a bad guy

Interesting - I didn't realize that humans were allowed to PM between each other. Thought that was just the aliens/wolves/creatures/baddies that had that power. Or is this another hidden power with your role? I'm pretty certain that I didn't ever see a post of "Digamma scan results" in the last 14 pages - think I would remember that one.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:00 PM   #699
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Interesting - I didn't realize that humans were allowed to PM between each other. Thought that was just the aliens/wolves/creatures/baddies that had that power. Or is this another hidden power with your role? I'm pretty certain that I didn't ever see a post of "Digamma scan results" in the last 14 pages - think I would remember that one.

As I explained in my reveal PM, I'm allowed to choose one person a night to whom to send my scans. Maybe you should read more closely.

I also posted fairly recently that I was no longer concerned that I sent my scan to a bad guy.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:01 PM   #700
digamma
Torchbearer

dola...

Sir Fozzie does the sending. I'm copied on the send.