Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #401
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Whether we consider him an original or a convert makes a huge difference in the interpretation of the Day 1 votes.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:10 PM   #402
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
The way I take this is that Qwik would learn of the converted player. I think that the original 4 are still around. If this ability allowed Quik to look for ANY alien (not sure if all aliens are Chyrssalids or not) the odds would be much better that he would "hit" and would nearly ensure an alien death..

But the question is, why would the aliens convert a guy who was getting lots of votes early on? It seems more likely that Blade was originally an alien and got his grunt description from whomever he converted rather than him happening to have been converted.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:11 PM   #403
hoopsguy
General Manager

That feels good.

OK, so next steps - hope we get positive ID on the alien type tomorrow?

Assuming that doesn't go down, do we
1.) Keep the spotlight on the two remaining guys (Peregrine and Neon) fingered by Qwikshot? If we bagged an alien tonight I don't see any compelling reason to focus more or less attention on either of them.

2.) Closely examine the Swaggs bandwagon that had started up? (Peregrine, Vince, Neon, JeeberD) - fizzled when Qwik broke up the party.

3.) My original plan to flush out people backing Blade on day 1 - MrWednesday, Qwikshot, and Fouts? Doesn't seem as compelling with one known good guy in Qwikshot.

My first instinct would be #2 on this list but I expect you will find me a little less stubborn from here on out ... not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:12 PM   #404
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
2.) Closely examine the Swaggs bandwagon that had started up? (Peregrine, Vince, Neon, JeeberD) - fizzled when Qwik broke up the party.

Have you already forgotten that I was trying to get Blade lynched early on?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:13 PM   #405
Blade6119
Coordinator

lol, last time i ever go to work again during a game...shame too, as in doing so ive let the group make a fatal mistake...but fozzie said no revealing of roles, so ill bid you good luck and adeiu
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:15 PM   #406
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
lol, last time i ever go to work again during a game...shame too, as in doing so ive let the group make a fatal mistake...but fozzie said no revealing of roles, so ill bid you good luck and adeiu

Call.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:16 PM   #407
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
One for two so far. Not bad, lets keep this up. Who's next Qwik?

If I can be protected tonight, I may have that info.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:18 PM   #408
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Definitely, the "Blade as original baddie" theory is bad for me, considering that I cast what proved to be the decisive vote for Schmidty. Now, I said I was willing to change my mind (which you may or may not believe), so the follow-ons by Fouts (?) and Qwik (known to be a good guy) also become fair game...

So, would voting for Fouts convince you that my vote for Schmidty was innocent? Or do we take a closer look at the day 2 voting? That was basically a complete mess up until Qwik's revelation.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 07-25-2005, 08:19 PM   #409
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jeebs, don't take it personally - yet Just listing the names with each of the theories I'm mulling. I'm hoping multiple people will join the discussion and present some alternate targets besides Qwikshot for tonight. Long shot, I know ...
Old 07-25-2005, 08:24 PM   #410
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola ... (first dola ever, following first werewolf accusation, and 500th post - monumental FOFC day for me)

Another idea here is to look for coalitions forming - either unnatural closeness or animosity between players seems like a good pattern. I've got one idea forming in this area that I want to stew on and check out a few posts to see if there is anything resembling fire where I think there is smoke.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 07-25-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:25 PM   #411
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday
Definitely, the "Blade as original baddie" theory is bad for me, considering that I cast what proved to be the decisive vote for Schmidty. Now, I said I was willing to change my mind (which you may or may not believe), so the follow-ons by Fouts (?) and Qwik (known to be a good guy) also become fair game...

So, would voting for Fouts convince you that my vote for Schmidty was innocent? Or do we take a closer look at the day 2 voting? That was basically a complete mess up until Qwik's revelation.

Jeez, don't use my life to make deals. I voted for Blade pretty quickly yesterday.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:26 PM   #412
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

If you really want an alternate target, I'd think it would almost have to be somebody non-controversial -- controversial players are better for the enemy because they draw votes. I'm not sure how much mileage we can get out of that.

Old 07-25-2005, 08:28 PM   #413
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Sorry Fouts, I hadn't paused to look at my crib sheet to see how the Blade bandwagon developed. You're right, of course -- you were the second one to vote for Blade.

It's looking an awful lot to me like the aliens never needed to step in to rescue Blade in Day 1 -- we did it for them.

Old 07-25-2005, 08:32 PM   #414
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm still trying to figure out why Mr. Wednesday was so active, but chose not to vote. That is kind of weak, in my opinion.

It would be one thing if you abstained in order to preserve or create a tie, but to not vote because you do not want to draw attention to yourself is pretty poor. No one wants to draw attention to themselves.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:37 PM   #415
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I laid out my reasons in the post where I said I wouldn't cast a vote. I was trying to find a good reason to vote for someone, and then all of a sudden there was a hog pile on Blade, which made it fait accompli. At that point, I thought a vote (which would either have piled on further, or been a useless vote for someone else) would do me more harm than good, so I didn't cast one. Maybe that was a misjudgement on my part.

Old 07-25-2005, 08:45 PM   #416
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok folks, I'm taking one of those magic pain-b-gone pills and I will be out cold till morning. Folks who I have sent night action results to, please do not post ANYTHING in this threadabout what you have learned until morning when I post the Night results.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2005, 08:48 PM   #417
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

That's an interesting analysis about Mr Wednesday, Swaggs, I might have been wrong about you. I'm going to have to go over things again... read and re-read things, re-analyze. My head's spinning right now thinking of who might be aliens other than Blade. I'm posting some kind of analysis later.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:55 PM   #418
hoopsguy
General Manager

So ... anyone want to play the 'lets rank everyone on likelihood of oozing black' game? Werewolf tradition usually dictates someone rolls a list like this out by now ...
Old 07-25-2005, 09:37 PM   #419
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'd guess I'm pretty high up on the list of suspects, even though I'm just a grunt and I've tried to be as helpful as possible throughout. I have the misfortune of an ill-timed vote on day 1 and an ill-timed non-vote on day 2. (And let's be honest -- would the analysis be significantly different if I had cast a 6:50 pm EST vote for Blade?)

Old 07-25-2005, 11:13 PM   #420
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

My god, three pages while I was out this evening.

Hookay, trying to sort this mess out.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:32 AM   #421
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Well, I've read and re-read the thread. I think that several suspicious characters jump out. You certainly can't discount me or Peregrine. Blade being an alien certainly doesnt discount one of us, or both of us being aliens. I do, however, know that I'm not an alien... no point in trying to convince everyone else, since all I've had to say is on the table.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:46 AM   #422
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm doing another inspection today. I'll be out of the office for most of today, but I'll be checking in now and then to figure this out.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 06:02 AM   #423
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The night passes quickly..

Only 12 of you warily poke your head out of your rooms the next night. You do a headcheck several times, and finally, it becomes obvious, that PEREGRINE is not amongst you this morning.

Finally, someone breaks the lock to Peregrine's door, and it's quite obvious that the aliens were mad.. the still-smoking hole in his chest from a plasma gun shot was obviously fatal, but theh aliens apparently fired several more times.. working off some frustration in the process.

The Hall of the Departed
Schmidty (Day 1, Blasted by Group Decision)
Blade6119 (Day 2, Blasted by Group Decision)
Peregrine (Night 2, Blasted by the Alien Front)
Old 07-26-2005, 06:03 AM   #424
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

we are now in Day 3. All information given in Night 2 now is in play.

Votes to blast are due by 8 PM EDT.
Old 07-26-2005, 06:09 AM   #425
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

DD: (Double Dola): Oh yes, and the part everyone wanted to see..

ECTOPLASMIC SOURCES: FOUR
Old 07-26-2005, 06:38 AM   #426
hoopsguy
General Manager

Peregrine seems like an .... interesting ... choice. Would have bet money on it being Qwikshot.

No reveal on Blade as the Chryssalid versus a random alien. Figured but still disappointing.

Vince, looks like we were both wrong to be sniffing around Peregrine. I had actually started to think that you both were aliens and were playing off one another yesterday.

Qwik, can you view Peregrine's room today to help us with this decision or is that a night-only action?
Old 07-26-2005, 06:55 AM   #427
hoopsguy
General Manager

Where to go from here ... this is a summary of my thoughts from last night:

1.) Keep the spotlight on the two remaining guys (Peregrine and Neon) fingered by Qwikshot?
3.) My original plan to flush out people backing Blade on day 1 - MrWednesday, Qwikshot, and Fouts?

If we go with #1, then Neon is the only guy left scoped out by Qwikshot.
#2 - Peregrine was the first guy to cast a vote for Swaggs. Do we think that the people who started moving towards him are aliens?
#3 - Since Qwik is a guaranteed good, that leaves MrWednesday and Fouts. Based on voting patterns (compiled by MrWednesday, interestingly enough) that leaves MrWednesday as a bigger suspect than Fouts, who I'm pretty sure was the only guy with me on the Blade bandwagon prior to the Chryssalid revelation yesterday.

Neon shows up on lists #1 and #2 - random chance? Indicator of guilt? If I'm looking for reasons for the aliens shooting Peregrine last night, then maybe it was to make Neon look suspect?

Guys who are not on any of the lists I'm putting forward:
Kingfc - pilot?
Digamma - no strong feelings either way. Played it pretty close to vest as Camp Leader in the last werewolf game I was in with him.
Swaggs - got nothing except voting against me early yesterday.
Coffee Warlord - nothing
Raiders Army - nothing, except that he is paranoid? Not exactly a hanging crime in this game ...

A couple of other random thoughts:
1.) Does it make sense to us that the convert would outlive his master? Probably, but just throwing it out there.
2.) I'm very curious if someone thwarted an attack on Qwik last night - I bet we were supposed to find two corpses this morning.

Edited to remove double entry for one member.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 07-26-2005 at 06:57 AM.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:50 AM   #428
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Peregrine seems like an .... interesting ... choice. Would have bet money on it being Qwikshot.

No reveal on Blade as the Chryssalid versus a random alien. Figured but still disappointing.

Vince, looks like we were both wrong to be sniffing around Peregrine. I had actually started to think that you both were aliens and were playing off one another yesterday.

Qwik, can you view Peregrine's room today to help us with this decision or is that a night-only action?

Night only action...but I think Blade was the head cheese.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:51 AM   #429
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Hmm, I have to say I'm not too surprised. Good luck guys!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 08:19 AM   #430
hoopsguy
General Manager

Qwik, any reason for thinking Blade was head cheese and not the Chryssalid? I didn't see anything that indicated one way or the other in your PMs with Fozzie or the description of Blade's death.

If Blade was the head cheese or any type of non-Chryssalid alien, then we put Neon in the line of fire this morning. No muss, no fuss.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:20 AM   #431
hoopsguy
General Manager

Neon, I see you lurking in the thread - now might be a good time to offer up a defense if work/sleep and time zone differences are going to take you away later.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:21 AM   #432
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Oh great. Did I piss anyone off? Come on. I'm digging back to see if there are any clues as to why they killed Peregrine (other than the obvious fact that I'm going to be up the chopping block next.)
Old 07-26-2005, 08:38 AM   #433
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote Neon_Chaos

Trust me. I positively guarantee you he is the Cryssallid. I have total proof that, when combined with Qwik, confirms that he that egg laying scum.

Kill him.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:05 AM   #434
hoopsguy
General Manager

Total proof - please elaborate. I'm ready to join you in an early vote here if Qwik is with you and this is compelling.

The worry I have is that everyone is going to be with Qwik for the remainder of this game. He is confirmed good, so if you can find a way to line up with him it is terrific cover. But he said earlier that he could not use his power to view Peregrine yet.

Qwik, were you able to divine information from Blade? If so, then I have read your role incorrectly because it read to me like you only benefitted from visiting dead soldiers, not dead aliens.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:06 AM   #435
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I haven't heard much from you, CW, and you post this?

I've been rereading this thread for some clues from Peregrine... I come back to post something pretty lengthy... but then I see this.

I have no other choice but to profess my innocence. I'm not an alien, let alone the Chryssalid, I thought Blade was the Chryssalid?

Whatever proof you have, you know I probably won't be able to disprove it. I have nothing else left to give but my word. You do know you're taking a big risk here, and I don't know what you aliens are up to... because if I get voted off, killed and proven the next day to be human, you're going down next. I did this once before, because I know I was innocent then... I'm innocent now.

Vote Neon_Chaos
Old 07-26-2005, 09:13 AM   #436
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Qwik, any reason for thinking Blade was head cheese and not the Chryssalid? I didn't see anything that indicated one way or the other in your PMs with Fozzie or the description of Blade's death.

If Blade was the head cheese or any type of non-Chryssalid alien, then we put Neon in the line of fire this morning. No muss, no fuss.

I'm saying I think he was the head cheese, the Chryssalid. There was an interesting view of his room.

I'm thinking Peregrine was a guard, and therefore, hit first, so I can be killed.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:15 AM   #437
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Your role is the Jack of All Trades.

Once per night, you may break into the room of any person who has died previously, learning their role, and if they had a special X-Com Role, you have the ability to assume that role. (Note: You may only have one speciality, so if you pick up a role, you lose the Jack of All Trades ability)

Here is the role information as posted earlier.

Qwik, obviously I don't want you to post any text you have on Blade's role - SirFozzie would be peeved - but did you extract info on Blade? If so, does it distinguish the leader role from the Chryssalid? My X-Com knowledge is a little hazy, but I thought the Chryssalid was pretty far up the food chain.

I'll join the early bandwagon until given a reason to jump off, but I would like to see some more info from CW/Quik.

Vote Neon Chaos
Old 07-26-2005, 09:20 AM   #438
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so was there anything related to Neon or anyone else that you saw in that view Qwik? If not, I'm going to step back from the early vote right now.

Edited - typed Peregrine instead of Neon originally.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 07-26-2005 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:40 AM   #439
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The aliens know my role, so there is zero harm in me declaring this.

I was keeping an eye on things two nights ago, when Qwik discovered there was a Crysallid amongst Peregrine, Neon, and Blade.

As it so happens, I heard very similar shrieks of a Cryssalid infecting someone. A detailed study of three people, and they showed clean to me. I knew, from other sources, that Peregrine was not an alien. Blade, although he was an alien, was not a Cryssalid.

Essentially, I know Blade and Peregrine were/are clean (okay, Blade wasn't clean, but he was a different KIND of alien.). Neon is your man, unless I've totally missed something. But, I'm positive I have not.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:51 AM   #440
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

For now, I'm going along with CW. I might rethink this later, though.

Vote Neon_Chaos

Old 07-26-2005, 09:53 AM   #441
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
A detailed study of three people, and they showed clean to me.

So you were also able to hear the conversion and query three people? If so, do you feel like clearing anyone at this point?

Do you have a different role from Qwik or the same role? Not asking you to name it if it is different but this explanation seems to indicate you both had the same ability to narrow down on a conversion, suggesting overlap at least.

How do the aliens know your role? And if it is a threat to them why have they not targeted you?

Finally, do you know what type of alien Blade was? Because if I'm reading Qwik correctly he thinks that Blade was a Chryssalid.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:58 AM   #442
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

The reason Blade is not a Cryssalid is because I ALSO scanned Blade, and he was not a Cryssalid, at least in my mind.

And no, I will not clear anyone else, for one very good reason. Since I inspected Blade and he showed clean to me, but was, in fact, still an alien, god knows what the rest of the people I looked at are. Though I believe they are on our side, I can't be certain.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:03 AM   #443
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dola. And no, I have an entirely different role than Qwik.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:04 AM   #444
Vince
Pro Starter

If this version of the game is true to the video game, Blade has to be either a Chryssalid or a Chryssalid zombie -- no other alien is black or has black blood (to my knowledge anyways).

Sectoid = Grey
Muton = Green
Ethereal = Red
(I can't remember the name of the flying guys) = Red
Chryssalid = Black

So I don't know about CW's "not Chryssalid" thing, but my analysis is hardly fact either. Also, 'the aliens know my role' either means that they have somehow identified him, or he has an identical role to Qwik, as I've not heard of any other roles in the game yet.

In the X-Com video game, Ethereals and Sectoids had pretty powerful psychic abilities -- there's probably at least one of them who can divine our roles. Not sure how CW would be aware that that had already happened...

But right now, CW has some pretty damning 'evidence' against Neon_Chaos -- if we take him at his word. I'm not quite openly questioning it, but I'm not blindly accepting it yet either. I'm going to see how this plays out.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 10:29 AM   #445
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
The reason Blade is not a Cryssalid is because I ALSO scanned Blade, and he was not a Cryssalid, at least in my mind.

And no, I will not clear anyone else, for one very good reason. Since I inspected Blade and he showed clean to me, but was, in fact, still an alien, god knows what the rest of the people I looked at are. Though I believe they are on our side, I can't be certain.
This would make it appear as though Blade was the zombie. Your argument would be that Qwikshot was looking for the head honcho, rather than the offspring, in which case it would have been just lucky that we happened to get Blade in the sweep: the one identified by Qwikshot was actually Neon_Chaos.

Old 07-26-2005, 10:29 AM   #446
hoopsguy
General Manager

Qwik, do you have any thoughts on Neon vs Coffee? Right now it looks like one of them (Neon) is heading for a lynching. Although earlier Coffee thought that both Blade and I were good guys (sigh)

Now that I'm typing this ... Coffee, earlier you had said that you thought that both Blade and I were on your side - this makes sense in light of the fact that you scanned Blade and he didn't come up as a foe. Did the other two cleans scans come up as identical to Blade? And are you scanning explicitly for the Chryssalid? Just trying to figure out why an alien would not register if you did scan a known alien. I don't want you to let a cat out of the bag here, but if the aliens already know your role as you stated then I hope I'm not prying too deeply here.

Or did you scan him the first day and perhaps Blade was the convert - clean then and claimed the next night?
Old 07-26-2005, 10:32 AM   #447
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Also if that's correct (that Blade was the zombie), it means there's not much to glean from the voting results on day 1 because both bandwagons were on innocents.

Old 07-26-2005, 10:53 AM   #448
hoopsguy
General Manager

Thanks for pointing that out, Mr. Wednesday No selfish motives there, I'm sure.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:04 AM   #449
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm confused...why did Neon_Chaos vote for himself?

Also, why should we trust you Coffee? Could you be trying to ride the tails of Qwik's veracity? I've got to read through the thread again when I have more time, but I'm not entirely sure Neon_Chaos jumps out as a bad guy...

I was thinking that Vince and I would be suspected more since we voted for Peregrine yesterday, and now he's dead.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 11:06 AM   #450
digamma
Torchbearer

Coffee can you tell us a little more about your role?

Particularly, I'm interested in your statement that the aliens know who you are. How do you know that?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote