Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2015, 09:46 AM   #301
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
full game in the skybox?

Assuming you've had the sit-at-the-glass experience at least once in your life already then it's the skybox. Absolute no-brainer for me.

The glass is something I think everyone should do once. After that, give me the ability to see the whole rink and watch play develop.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:59 AM   #302
The Jackal
Coordinator

Missed that 9th row was an option. Agreed with other posts - do the glass once, but honestly in the playoffs I'd rather have the sightlines and be in the thick of the crowd. I'm sure the extra space in the box is nice, though.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:59 AM   #303
The Jackal
Coordinator

Watched most of the third period of that Preds/Hawks game but couldn't stay up for OT - should be a good series.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:26 AM   #304
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I would do the box for the free food and drink. The sightlines would still be good.

I would probably do the glass next simply because I never have, but I agree with the general thinking that it's not ideal to sit there to watch the game.

I have done the ninth row type seating and that is a great experience.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 04:59 PM   #305
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

For Christmas a few years back I took my brother and we sat in the first row behind the Visitors' bench right on the glass. It was an incredibly cool experience but I would never do it again.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 04-16-2015 at 04:59 PM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #306
britrock88
Pro Starter

Sounds like you're probably rotating from the glass to 9th row or vice versa, in which case you get the best of both. Go for it.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:42 PM   #307
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

So I had a 25% chance of getting a ticket to game 3 on Monday, and I struck gold! I was at one of the last ones in '96 (went to a game against Detroit in the playoffs but can't remember if it was the last one or not) and now I get to go to the first one since! Yay!!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."

Last edited by Fidatelo : 04-16-2015 at 09:43 PM.
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:38 AM   #308
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Sounds like you're probably rotating from the glass to 9th row or vice versa, in which case you get the best of both. Go for it.

Yeah, I'll get a period, maybe two, on the glass (and hopefully get to shoot the shit with John Cusack while I'm down there - he sits right by my seats when he's around), and I'll rotate over to the 9th row seats after that.

Works for me. I've never gotten to sit on the glass. Apparently, the owner of my company (these are his seats) is gonna try and get those of us who aren't getting the free food/drink from the skybox passes to the Ketel One Club.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 04-17-2015 at 08:39 AM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:38 AM   #309
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Jets played a good game for 30 minutes last night but then the Ducks took over. The Jets need to figure out a way to contain Getzlaf and Perry quick, which of course is a lot easier said than done. Still can't wait for Game 3, even if they come into it down 0-2. So much fun!!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."

Last edited by Fidatelo : 04-17-2015 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Not a dola
Old 04-17-2015, 11:07 AM   #310
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
So I had a 25% chance of getting a ticket to game 3 on Monday, and I struck gold! I was at one of the last ones in '96 (went to a game against Detroit in the playoffs but can't remember if it was the last one or not) and now I get to go to the first one since! Yay!!

Awesome. That's going to be an AMAZING atmosphere.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:15 AM   #311
Logan
Head Coach

Gotta say, being in the house on the opening night of the playoffs when the home team scores 30 seconds in rivals the final 30 seconds of a series clinching victory from an atmosphere perspective. Non conference or Cup finals, of course.

Rangers were very strong in the first all around, and defensively strong in the 3rd. Second was sloppy and they looked like they overexerted themselves in the 1st, which you wouldn't know based on how the PP looked in the period (despite the goal). But a win is a win and glad to see Girardi is skating this morning with no extra protective gear around his face.

I have to admit I had no clue Crosby received such little time on the PK.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:10 PM   #312
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Old 04-17-2015, 01:33 PM   #313
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I have to admit I had no clue Crosby received such little time on the PK.

I don't get why he doesn't see time on the PK. The only thing I can think of is it's purely from a not wanting him to get hurt blocking shots perspective.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #314
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Not happy with the Blues.. kind of a lame duck showing in Game 1.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:37 PM   #315
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Berube fired...I just pray the Flyers don't go after Bylsma.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:06 PM   #316
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Berube fired...I just pray the Flyers don't go after Bylsma.

A lot of that will depend on what happens with Babcock/McLellan/Julien
Old 04-17-2015, 04:30 PM   #317
bhlloy
Coordinator

I doubt Babcock is going anywhere near the Flyers job if he's released. The other two maybe
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:57 PM   #318
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I doubt Babcock is going anywhere near the Flyers job if he's released. The other two maybe

Yeah. If Babcock bolts, he will likely want to go somewhere where he has more control over all aspects of the team. Snider likes to meddle.

Toronto is interesting, because I don't think Shanny loved Babcock when he was a player and they, too, have a lot of cooks in the kitchen.

Speaking of the Red Wings, they will not win many more games being out shot 46-14. That was nuts.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:32 PM   #319
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jarret Stoll of Los Angeles Kings arrested on suspicion of drug possession

Coke? Srsly?
Old 04-19-2015, 09:52 AM   #320
duff88
College Prospect

What a letdown to see the best prospect since Sidney Crosby going to the worst possible destination, the Edmonton Oilers. Fourth 1st overall pick for them in the last six years. Terribly run organization, and terrible fit for the NHL who would have much rather he had gone to a struggling american team (51% lottery odds for Buffalo, Arizona, Carolina, Columbus or Florida), or a big market (39,5% lottery odds for Toronto, NJ, Philly, San Jose, Denver, Dallas, LA or Boston). But it turns out Edmonton won the lottery with their 11,5% odds.

And not only do Arizona miss out on Connor McDavid, they also miss out on the second overall pick which was a good consolation prize in Jack Eichel.

McDavid's desperate stare said it all.

duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:05 AM   #321
The Jackal
Coordinator

Maybe he'll pull a Lindros/Eli.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #322
duff88
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Maybe he'll pull a Lindros/Eli.

Since the results, it has been discussed by pretty much everyone not named McDavid or the Edmonton Oilers. But it would be quite surprising.

Yet, as opposed to players who usually refuse to play for the team that drafted them, I don't think the backlash would be very hard from the fans. On a pool on HFBoards, 70% of the people answered they wouldn't lose respect for him if he asked for a trade out of Edmonton.
duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #323
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Between the inept Oilers getting McDavid and then another blown 3rd period lead that wasn't my favorite evening. Blargh.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:43 AM   #324
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

View from my seats last night.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:54 AM   #325
The Jackal
Coordinator

Awesome.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:28 AM   #326
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Even the weather is getting in on the whiteout tonight!
Attached Images
File Type: png whiteout.png (156.3 KB, 106 views)
Old 04-20-2015, 10:24 AM   #327
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Regarding McDavid landing in the Oilers' laps...I was sitting at the final destination (oddly enough, a few blocks away from the new arena in downtown Edmonton) of a craft beer tour (yummy!) and a few of us started laughing out loud as the Oilers' logo appeared. In a full bar I'd say maybe 20% even noticed and acknowledged the great stroke of luck...a far cry from the first few lottery wins.

As a fan I'm obviously over the moon with McDavid potentially coming here but at the same time the organization definitely doesn't deserve him. Katz stands to make even more cashola now despite how poorly his idols run his team and getting McDavid likely means he won't have to make that hard decision to fire his buddies.

With a new arena primarily funded by the city due to open in a few seasons at least McDavid-mania should help the city make back that investment sooner...that's probably the best news in all of this...McDavid saving taxpayers money.

C'mon Winnipeg, battle back and while you're at it, knock Perry's block off, too!
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:29 AM   #329
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I'm not going to lie, today is a struggle.

That said, despite the crummy outcome that was a hell of a lot of fun for a few hours last night.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:40 AM   #330
Logan
Head Coach

It was disappointing seeing the Jets lose that one, but great to see the crowd.

Rangers were much improved last night, at least over the first 50 minutes or so. The Pens really couldn't match the speed and the defense was excellent. Pens don't quit though and won't the rest of the way.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:52 AM   #331
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

That said, despite the crummy outcome that was a hell of a lot of fun for a few hours last night.

That was a fantastic game.

I'm not a NASCAR fan but it had that feel to it...they were 3 wide going into every turn and they were bumping all the way through!

Dubnyk...holy crap.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:54 AM   #332
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Ugh, this looks like yet another St. Louis Blues playoff bowel movement. One day someone will have to explain to me how the Blues can continually reach 100+ points in the regular season but struggle to get out of the first round.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:05 PM   #333
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It was a great game. Obviously, I am pleased with the outcome.

I completely understand this one being hard to take. I enjoy Winnipeg fans and the Jets, and if the Ducks weren't in it, the Jets would be one of the few teams I would actually root for in the playoffs.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:16 PM   #334
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Now that my voice has come back and I sweat out some of the booze and dispair with a run over lunch I'm feeling a lot more positive. What a night! Go Jets Go!

Silfverberg has been amazing and despite the bullshit holding the stick non-call from game 2 that lead to his game winner I would take that guy on my team any day.

But I still hate Kesler and Perry.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:48 PM   #335
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
But I still hate Kesler and Perry.

Yes. They are both imminently hateable. Nobody likes them.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 04-21-2015, 03:47 PM   #336
The Jackal
Coordinator

Did you read Kesler's article on the Players Tribune about going to play with Perry and Getzlaf? Relevant.

The 30-Year-Old Rookie | The Players' Tribune
Old 04-21-2015, 03:59 PM   #337
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Yes. They are both imminently hateable. Nobody likes them.

I like them.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:54 AM   #338
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Ugh, this looks like yet another St. Louis Blues playoff bowel movement. One day someone will have to explain to me how the Blues can continually reach 100+ points in the regular season but struggle to get out of the first round.

If you find the answer.....let San Jose fans know also..lol

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:55 AM   #339
Logan
Head Coach

Hate waking up and seeing I missed a 3OT game.
Old 04-22-2015, 08:49 AM   #340
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That last game was an embarrassment. Time to sit Bouwmeester and let Bourtuzzo play. Sit Ott too, he really adds nothing, let Rattie or Porter play.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:14 AM   #341
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I like them.

No you don't, CR. You have a soul and are a decent human being. You're tolerating them for the moment. Or you're suffering from a type of Stockholm Syndrome.

Not even their mothers like them.

Ryan Kesler grew up in Michigan, loved the Colorado Avalanche and went to Ohio State just to be evil and spiteful. Even his old teammates, like RJ Umberger, hate him.

Corey Perry has the most punchable face in the last 30 years.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:40 AM   #342
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Hate waking up and seeing I missed a 3OT game.
It's probably good the Hawks won. There were going to be a lot of sober, tired and crabby fans had Nashville won. Beer sales stopped midway through the 3rd period, so there was basically a full game with no beer played last night
Old 04-22-2015, 01:10 PM   #343
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's probably good the Hawks won. There were going to be a lot of sober, tired and crabby fans had Nashville won. Beer sales stopped midway through the 3rd period, so there was basically a full game with no beer played last night

Really? At the Jets game on Monday they re-opened them in the intermission between the 3rd and OT with the caveat of 1 per person. Then when the game ended 5 minutes in a lot of folks were stuck trying to down their beer before heading out
Old 04-22-2015, 01:53 PM   #344
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:

I'll give you that if you're limiting this to Hockey. AJ Pierzynski and Mat Latos are more punchable, in my mind.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 12:13 AM   #345
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

#sweep
Old 04-23-2015, 09:03 AM   #346
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for showing up last night Blues.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:21 AM   #347
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

I laughed
Old 04-23-2015, 09:21 AM   #348
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sucks for the Jets - but I'd say they have a fairly bright future and should be returning to the playoffs regularly as long as they don't make too many bad decisions/prospects don't pan out.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:24 AM   #349
bob
College Starter

Same old Thrashers.

Edit: That actually brings up a question - did this version of Winnipeg get their old records back or are they a continuation of the Atlanta Thrashers franchise, including all of their statistics?

Last edited by bob : 04-23-2015 at 09:25 AM.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:38 AM   #350
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Same old Thrashers.

Edit: That actually brings up a question - did this version of Winnipeg get their old records back or are they a continuation of the Atlanta Thrashers franchise, including all of their statistics?

They are a continuation of the Thrashers, so still 0 playoff victories, and all other 'records'.