Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-29-2015, 08:09 PM   #1
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

The Official 2015 NHL Offseason Thread

Just when I think I can't love Hextall more, he goes and trades Rinaldo for a third rounder!

Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:47 PM   #2
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Jets didn't make a big splash at the draft but most reports are they did well with the guys they picked. Time will tell, but Chevy has a pretty solid looking track record at the draft so far.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:47 PM   #3
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Oh and how 'bout that Mike Richards?
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 06-29-2015, 09:34 PM   #4
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Just when I think I can't love Hextall more, he goes and trades Rinaldo for a third rounder!
I'm beginning to think Don Sweeney may not have been the best GM available.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:36 PM   #5
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Oh and how 'bout that Mike Richards?

has it come out what he did to et his contract cancelled?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:43 PM   #6
bhlloy
Coordinator

I've heard nothing other than not living up to his promise to get in better shape last year, when they chose not to buy him out. If that's the case, the Kings aren't going to win that grievance. That being said, Lombardi isn't a fool, could get really interesting.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:45 PM   #7
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

there HAD to be something else...

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-29-2015, 09:51 PM   #8
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

One would think the Kings had their legal team go over this with a fine tooth comb before nixing Richards' contract. Unless Kings management/legal team are completely inept at their job, I would imagine the NHLPA won't win this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:51 PM   #9
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

He been banging other players' wives again? Maybe he stepped up to wives of coaches and GM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:58 PM   #10
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
He been banging other players' wives again? Maybe he stepped up to wives of coaches and GM.

that makes him a dick...but does the contract say you cant?

I mean Voynov has been out for a year waiting trial...

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 06-29-2015, 11:34 PM   #11
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Gotta be something major but I still lean towards the NHLPA winning in the end unless he ends up in prison.
Old 06-30-2015, 12:16 AM   #12
RainMaker
General Manager

Yeah has to be major. Voynov still has a job after all.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 12:40 AM   #13
MrBug708
Head Coach

Apparently they were in talks to trade him when the Kings pulled out when finding out more details about the "incident"
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:01 AM   #14
The Jackal
Coordinator

I saw speculation that it had something to do with drugs, but not much we can do until more details come out. Very sketchy. I hope he didn't do anything really stupid, would hate for him to be tarnished beyond not living up to his contract in terms of on-ice effectiveness.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:02 AM   #15
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post

So amazing.

Next 48 hours should be interesting as well!
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:17 AM   #16
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I saw speculation that it had something to do with drugs, but not much we can do until more details come out. Very sketchy. I hope he didn't do anything really stupid, would hate for him to be tarnished beyond not living up to his contract in terms of on-ice effectiveness.

It seems like a lot of reporters know what it is but aren't saying. Why would that be? In the era of TMZ why can't reporters spill the beans here, even if it is just "what I've heard from reliable sources is..." kind of conjecture?
Old 06-30-2015, 09:27 AM   #17
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
It seems like a lot of reporters know what it is but aren't saying. Why would that be? In the era of TMZ why can't reporters spill the beans here, even if it is just "what I've heard from reliable sources is..." kind of conjecture?

A TMZ reporter, or some random blogger who virtually no one knows, might end up doing it. A national hockey writer, who depends on access to the NHL office or to club front offices, or a beat writer who depends on having good relationships with players in order to do their job, is unlikely to compromise that either to implicate someone in a crime or embarrass a player.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:46 PM   #18
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Blackhawks trade Saad to CBJ.

I was bummed to hear about this initially but it was reported he was looking for $6.5 for 6 years. I love Saad but that contract would have crippled any idea of building a balanced team for the Blackhawks.

I don't know much about the players we got back except know AA is a solid 2C.

Unfortunate news, but at this point I'd be silly to not trust Stan Bowman for doing the right thing.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:23 PM   #19
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Jets retain Drew Stafford for 2 years, 4.35mil annual. Pretty great deal for both sides I think. Also makes the Evander Kane trade even more lopsided than it was under the assumption that Stafford was a playoff rental.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:24 PM   #20
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

So apparently being questioned about prescription drugs at the border is enough to get your contract revoked?

TMZ Report: Richards questioned about oxycodone - Article - TSN

Unless it comes out that he's a drug kingpin the Kings are going to lose this.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:54 PM   #21
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Hurricanes bought out Semin, somewhat surprisingly, if only because it was generally expected he'd get one more shot to fix what ailed him over the last couple of years and then cut bait with him next year when the contract had one less year to buy out. Instead, they dropped him now and will take a cap hit of a bit over two million per for the next six years. I remember not feeling good at all about the contract he got when he signed it a few years back, thinking it was too much reward for one good year. As the years went by and he never regained whatever touch he had the first year here, those suspicions were confirmed.

I have no idea how we'll play next year (especially if the trade rumors surrounding Skinner pan out at some point), but it certainly can't be a lot worse than last year's mess without intentionally going into the tank like Buffalo did. The defense is looking perhaps as good as it has in years if Hanifan is as good as advertised, but unless the Staal brothers can finally start living up to their contracts (thanks, Jim Rutherford!), we're going to be losing a lot of 1-0 and 2-1 games.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:22 PM   #22
JPhillips
General Manager

I'd love to see him go back to the Caps. He has his shortcomings, but he can play when motivated.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:42 PM   #23
britrock88
Pro Starter

Why on EARTH would the Canes shop Skinner at their current level of competitiveness?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:10 PM   #24
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Blackhawks trade Saad to CBJ.

I was bummed to hear about this initially but it was reported he was looking for $6.5 for 6 years. I love Saad but that contract would have crippled any idea of building a balanced team for the Blackhawks.

I don't know much about the players we got back except know AA is a solid 2C.

Unfortunate news, but at this point I'd be silly to not trust Stan Bowman for doing the right thing.

This hurt more because the feeling was that they were going to be able to keep him.

Organization seems high on AA and apparently has a 5-year extension in the works with him. And I guess Dano is a solid young prospect.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:55 AM   #25
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
So apparently being questioned about prescription drugs at the border is enough to get your contract revoked?

TMZ Report: Richards questioned about oxycodone - Article - TSN

Unless it comes out that he's a drug kingpin the Kings are going to lose this.

Told you TMZ would be the one to spill it!
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:11 PM   #26
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Phil Kessel to the Pens!

For Kapanen, Harrington and a pick. I don't know any more.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:59 PM   #27
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Jets retain Drew Stafford for 2 years, 4.35mil annual. Pretty great deal for both sides I think. Also makes the Evander Kane trade even more lopsided than it was under the assumption that Stafford was a playoff rental.

I wasn't expecting them to keep Stafford, so this is nice. Was hoping for Frolik, but we'll see!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 03:58 PM   #28
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Mike Green to Detroit. I think both the term - 3 yrs - and price - $6M per - is just about right.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:19 PM   #29
bronconick
College Starter

Sharks sign Paul Martin 4 years, $4.85 AAV. No complaints
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:32 PM   #30
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Mike Green to Detroit. I think both the term - 3 yrs - and price - $6M per - is just about right.

all the caps fans are cheering

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:49 PM   #31
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Yeah I don't mind the term on that Green contract but the money seems too high.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:02 PM   #32
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Jets lose Frolik to Calgary, 5 years at 4.3mm. That seems like a super reasonable contract. I'm also now hearing that he was asking for 4 years at 4.0mm last summer. Why didn't the Jets just sign that deal? Or even a similar one to what Calgary just paid? I don't get it. Am I being a homer and over-valuing the guy?
Old 07-01-2015, 09:49 PM   #33
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Why on EARTH would the Canes shop Skinner at their current level of competitiveness?

Probably in a nutshell, too much money for too long to a player who has shown he's incapable of not getting concussed at least once a year. It's a shame because until that first concussion, he was a star in the making. I don't think he's ever been totally right since then. He's shown flashes, but he's never been consistently good like he was his rookie year.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:45 PM   #34
JPhillips
General Manager

Oshie and Justin Williams are good pickups for the Caps. They have a very solid top six now.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:14 PM   #35
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Oshie and Justin Williams are good pickups for the Caps. They have a very solid top six now.

Especially Oshie.. I'm still pissed about the trade.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 09:13 PM   #36
JPhillips
General Manager

Yeah, I don't know what the Blues were after there. Brouwer and spare parts isn't much to be happy with.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:09 AM   #37
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Yeah, I don't know what the Blues were after there. Brouwer and spare parts isn't much to be happy with.

As typical Blues style.. they just trade to say they did something.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote