Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-24-2014, 08:34 AM   #1301
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
Came across what I think is a bug. Going into a 3rd year of a custom league and on the first day of the regular season several teams are carrying more than the 15 max, some up to 20. Looks like the active roster is right at 13, though.

I haven't noticed this in prior seasons...

Edit to add that I simmed a few days just for giggles, and teams did start making all of their cuts during the first week of the season, but some still had more than the max for their first games...

One more edit: And nevermind. I exited the game without saving (after doing that sim for giggles), opened it back up and now back on day 1 of the regular season, and all is well and cuts were made. I have no clue what just happened but it appears right now..

CPU signing teams will sign 20 players every offseason and cut players when it gets to day 1 of the regular season. Then they cut to 15 and deactivate 2 every time.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #1302
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
CPU signing teams will sign 20 players every offseason and cut players when it gets to day 1 of the regular season. Then they cut to 15 and deactivate 2 every time.

Yea, but this time it went into the regular season. I was about to coach the first game and checked out my opponent's roster and they still had 20. Then when I tested and simmed a few days, the teams waited to cut down to 15 still. They eventually but not until a few games into the season. Very odd...
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #1303
yeah826
High School JV

Heres a link to the top offensive and defensive teams since I know that the game for historical rosters in general simulating good defensive teams hopefully this would make teams like the late 80's pistons championship caliber. Or the pacers this year being an actual good playoff team.

Google Drive
yeah826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #1304
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
Came across what I think is a bug. Going into a 3rd year of a custom league and on the first day of the regular season several teams are carrying more than the 15 max, some up to 20. Looks like the active roster is right at 13, though.

I haven't noticed this in prior seasons...

Edit to add that I simmed a few days just for giggles, and teams did start making all of their cuts during the first week of the season, but some still had more than the max for their first games...

One more edit: And nevermind. I exited the game without saving (after doing that sim for giggles), opened it back up and now back on day 1 of the regular season, and all is well and cuts were made. I have no clue what just happened but it appears right now..

Right now teams will cut down when they play their first game.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:45 PM   #1305
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddenfield View Post
Since "20 years" the team cohesion is stuck at "bad". Even though i didnt change any core player of my team for 5 years or so, it was bad all the time.
It think it might be a bug.
In the first years of my league it worked normal though.

This is fixed for the next build. I'm just trying to work through another issue that is preventing me from finishing the other necessary stuff before posting to the public.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:18 PM   #1306
yeah826
High School JV

Something wrong with the 1946 season the stats are horribly inflated and a lot of records seem to be generated just from that one year fictional and historical. I think something just up with the 40's in general.

Also I notice this with my college import league but a center has only been drafted 1 1st overall in the entirety of the league from 1946 till 2003 (I think this center probably might get moved to PF) Also the college had players stay in college for 4 years for a good portion of the league then I started to decrease the years. Mostly Guards and Small Forwards go #1. I dont think this is realistic because most teams would bend over for a skilled big man.

Last edited by yeah826 : 03-02-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:04 AM   #1307
korme
Go Reds

I wonder if hr could make it possible to make a league that generates complete duds, like the extras generated for drafts. I was thinking of ways to incorporate the CBA, whereas only journeymen NBA guys would migrate to, but no one ever comes from the CBA and leaps to the NBA like the foreign leagues do.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #1308
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
I wonder if hr could make it possible to make a league that generates complete duds, like the extras generated for drafts. I was thinking of ways to incorporate the CBA, whereas only journeymen NBA guys would migrate to, but no one ever comes from the CBA and leaps to the NBA like the foreign leagues do.

Just put the league in a country that doesn't have a basketball history...that'll do it.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #1309
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah826 View Post
Something wrong with the 1946 season the stats are horribly inflated and a lot of records seem to be generated just from that one year fictional and historical. I think something just up with the 40's in general.

Also I notice this with my college import league but a center has only been drafted 1 1st overall in the entirety of the league from 1946 till 2003 (I think this center probably might get moved to PF) Also the college had players stay in college for 4 years for a good portion of the league then I started to decrease the years. Mostly Guards and Small Forwards go #1. I dont think this is realistic because most teams would bend over for a skilled big man.

Do you have historical modifiers on? If so, the game generates stats similar to the era in which you are playing. And basketball in the 40s was way different than today.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:18 PM   #1310
yeah826
High School JV

Yep I have historical modifier the problem im running into is the fact that it has players averaging like 50 ppg(Joe Fulks) and 40 ppg with 20 rpg then in 1947 there's a huge drop in rpg but the points still seem high.

Last edited by yeah826 : 03-06-2014 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:57 AM   #1311
yeah826
High School JV

I think owners on this game are too easily swayed by winning records when it comes to the budget. I mean I was playing the mobile version of ootp and I felt that my team would have been so much better if my owner wasn't so cheap but it felt realistic and it gave me a good challenge. I mean even if I had a good season the owner never wanted to go into the luxury and I think thats how the game should operate also because thats how some teams really are in the NBA no matter if they are winning I mean look at OKC, Chicago, Memphis and there are probably some other teams like that too it just makes it more challenging also I think the owner should send an email about what his expectation for the season is in the beginning of the season should evaluate you on how you do.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:14 AM   #1312
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeah826 View Post
I think owners on this game are too easily swayed by winning records when it comes to the budget. I mean I was playing the mobile version of ootp and I felt that my team would have been so much better if my owner wasn't so cheap but it felt realistic and it gave me a good challenge. I mean even if I had a good season the owner never wanted to go into the luxury and I think thats how the game should operate also because thats how some teams really are in the NBA no matter if they are winning I mean look at OKC, Chicago, Memphis and there are probably some other teams like that too it just makes it more challenging also I think the owner should send an email about what his expectation for the season is in the beginning of the season should evaluate you on how you do.

That might just be a problem of the owners in the game being too 'smart' and realizing that regardless of the luxury tax penalties, the teams' continually increasing merchandise sales and TV revenues mean that it would take an act of God to make them no longer profitable
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #1313
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddenfield View Post
Since "20 years" the team cohesion is stuck at "bad". Even though i didnt change any core player of my team for 5 years or so, it was bad all the time.
It think it might be a bug.
In the first years of my league it worked normal though.

I don't know if it works in the early years, either. I won a title in year 3 with bad talent and bad cohesion... Unless that was just a fluky season...
Old 03-16-2014, 10:06 AM   #1314
KingofOldSchool
n00b

How does the game determine when a player should retire? I've seen way too many guys play into their 17-19th seasons. I mean you might see a player every now and then play that long, but I think the average should be capped around 12-14 seasons.

Maybe an option to manually retire players like the option to manually put guys into the HOF?

I've seen too many guys in the free agents list who has never played a game or only played maybe one or two seasons and in their 30s, sitting in free agency. In real life, those guys would have given up their career and moved on.
KingofOldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #1315
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofOldSchool View Post
How does the game determine when a player should retire? I've seen way too many guys play into their 17-19th seasons. I mean you might see a player every now and then play that long, but I think the average should be capped around 12-14 seasons.

Maybe an option to manually retire players like the option to manually put guys into the HOF?

I've seen too many guys in the free agents list who has never played a game or only played maybe one or two seasons and in their 30s, sitting in free agency. In real life, those guys would have given up their career and moved on.

Depends on the league, I think. I've not seen this a lot, but I think it's league dependent.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:18 PM   #1316
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I had an idea or two for a game I wanted to start, but I don't know if this is possible....

Can I start a new league using the historical database and specifically choose all of the players I want from the historic database to populate the universe?

Like: Best 400 players of all time (of my choosing) or best 10 players from each franchise

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:56 PM   #1317
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofOldSchool View Post
I always look at them like players in Europe, the CBA, or China. Nobody wants to sign 40 year old Stephon Marbury or AI to a contract, but those guys would be ecstatic to get a call from an NBA team. As long as they're hanging on making money somewhere they're technically free to sign for an NBA team.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #1318
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I always look at them like players in Europe, the CBA, or China. Nobody wants to sign 40 year old Stephon Marbury or AI to a contract, but those guys would be ecstatic to get a call from an NBA team. As long as they're hanging on making money somewhere they're technically free to sign for an NBA team.

Yeah, pretty much. If you had a variety of foreign leagues in your game, many of the yellow/orange/red guys would probably be playing in those leagues.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #1319
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Here is the updated version of the historical database with stats for the current season included:

http://www.fbbgames.com/historicaldata1314.zip

This will be included with the next posted update as well. The historical database file is in the main data folder for the game. Normally that will be here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\GDS\Fast Break Pro Basketball 3
Old 05-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #1320
Groundhog
Coordinator

Thanks HR!
Old 05-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #1321
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

In my current career, Phoenix is basically being real-life OKC much better than OKC is doing. They were bottom feeders for a few years. And, with two great top-four picks over a three year span, they got a purple/purple PG and a purple/purple Forward (and automatic MVP machine).

And, with a purple PG and a purple forward, they have had routine 60+ win seasons, one 71 win season, and they have won four of the last five titles.

Basically, they are doing what it seems like a team with Westbrook and Durant should be doing.

I love this game.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #1322
yeah826
High School JV

I notice that (Im running the new historical database btw) the clippers keep trading chris paul for kevin love straight up. The problem is that they still have blake griffin and deandre jordan(griffin is coming off the bench). I know darren collison is a decent player but this trade makes absolutly no since yet the teams keep making this trade this is the second time i tested the season out.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:28 PM   #1323
korme
Go Reds

Whats the eta on that release, hr?
Old 05-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #1324
korme
Go Reds

No?
Old 05-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #1325
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

India Premier League

I've been on an IPL kick lately creating both for OOTP and also for FBPB because why not? It's based off the IPL Twenty20 cricket league with the same teams, though I added three UAE expansion teams because they're thinking about it and because why not?

Anyway...Attached is the league CSV and the names file. Probably could beef up the first names a bit more, but if you fire up OOTP, you can make it generate a ton of Indian names for you to add if you feel like there aren't enough. Eventually I'll add more to it.

Quote:
You install the league files into the Public Documents/GDS/Fast Break Pro Basketball 3/League Files folder with the other CSVs.

The other files go into the game directory C:\Program Files (x86)\GDS\Fast Break Pro Basketball 3:

Country.CSV files go into the HomeTowns folder
Country.TXT files go into the Nations folder
Language.txt files go into the Names folder. The two last name files are named _last because of this upload, but remove that _last nomenclature when you save it before loading the game or else, it won't read it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt India_last.txt (11.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: txt India_first.txt (1.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv India.csv (7.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv IPL.csv (2.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: txt India.txt (39 Bytes, 11 views)

Last edited by Young Drachma : 05-26-2014 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:02 AM   #1326
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Without getting too many imports since there are no limits is to control the level of the league's salaries. If you can keep the league at a low enough rate, then you don't end up with lots of foreigners in your domestic international leagues. I've found around 500k salary caps and making the NBA lucrative enough that min sal guys would rather ride the NBA pine than go overseas will keep your legends from going overseas unless you absolutely want them to do that.

Currently have a dozen foreign leagues running and it's been nice for them to develop their own histories over time with only the occasional Americans coming into to ruin stuff.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #1327
Groundhog
Coordinator

My main "issue" with the foreign leagues as far as realism goes is that the leagues share the same player pool, so after a few seasons you end up with, for example, an Australian league with very few Australian players. I'd like to see players with a heavy preference for staying on the same continent, and the ability to set import limits (ie. two or three foreign players per team).

Would also love, love to see international tourneys.

Last edited by Groundhog : 05-27-2014 at 06:48 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:27 PM   #1328
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
My main "issue" with the foreign leagues as far as realism goes is that the leagues share the same player pool, so after a few seasons you end up with, for example, an Australian league with very few Australian players. I'd like to see players with a heavy preference for staying on the same continent, and the ability to set import limits (ie. two or three foreign players per team).

Would also love, love to see international tourneys.

Yeah...it's a problem for sure. And import limits are necessary. I read one of those interviews when the game came out, and HR mentioned wishing he'd done more with the international side of the game, so I imagine any future release would probably beef that side up substantially.

Still, I've finally found the sweet spot in terms of at least keeping some foreign players at home, by keeping salaries in foreign leagues relatively low across the board so there's less incentive for people to leave home and even though it's not accurate, turning on the draft for each foreign league ensures that there's a steady influx of native talent each year in those leagues contracted to stay at least for a little while; then you lower the free agent contracts to 1 year at a time (or 2 tops) and make signing with a team as an existing FA go as many as 6-7 years and increase the % increase for those contracts too.

With some tinkering, while it's far from perfect it feels better than it used to when my foreign leagues were basically only full of Americans.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #1329
korme
Go Reds

Since getting my new computer, I cannot simply double click on FBB.exe to load it. I have to right click and run as administrator. Same for unzipping user files. I have to unzip them to a random folder, then copy and paste them into the FBB folders to overwrite as an admin. Is there any way to change this?
Old 06-10-2014, 10:30 AM   #1330
korme
Go Reds

Also getting a run-time error '9' subscript out of range.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:49 PM   #1331
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Didn't think about posting here. How do I change the size of the game? I can't read emails in Windows 8 because it's hidden behind the bar on bottom.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #1332
laser
H.S. Freshman Team

Just got the demo and have enjoyed it so far. I have been plying around with the editor making custom leagues.

Is it possible to edit the schedule or create a create a custom schedule?
laser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:31 AM   #1333
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Since getting my new computer, I cannot simply double click on FBB.exe to load it. I have to right click and run as administrator. Same for unzipping user files. I have to unzip them to a random folder, then copy and paste them into the FBB folders to overwrite as an admin. Is there any way to change this?

Did you install the game as an administrator?
Old 06-11-2014, 02:08 PM   #1334
korme
Go Reds

I just ran the executable like I would any other install.

Also, game crashes on any historical run advancing through the second season into the third one.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #1335
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
I just ran the executable like I would any other install.

Also, game crashes on any historical run advancing through the second season into the third one.

You need to re-run the installation, and right-click 'run as administrator' on the install executable, IIRC. I don't know the reasons for it, but I know others in this thread have had a similar issue in the past.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:06 AM   #1336
bryce
High School Varsity

Weird occurrence I just came across for the first time (I think.) The box score that was generated after the game didn't reflect who actually played. Indeed, if I print out the PBP and ctrl+F for some of the subs I know I made, I see them in there as expected. But they are nowhere to be found in the boxscore or resulting season stats... Any ideas on this one?

Edit to add: both guys I'm referencing had just been acquired via trade, so it's like that wasn't registering somehow...

Another edit addition: There were 3 guys acquired in that trade, and I put all 3 into the starting lineup the next game, simmed it out, and the issue repeated itself. They definitely played and logged minutes, appear in the PBP, but are nowhere to be found in the boxscore or resulting stats. If I click on them on my Players page, they show my team, but if I do go Game Logs there isn't anything there either for the "missing" game.

I can send files if that'd help, HR.

Thanks.

Last edited by bryce : 06-30-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #1337
bryce
High School Varsity

Oh, and the trade IS appearing on the League Transactions page.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:27 PM   #1338
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Future addition, can we get trades listed as the entire trade in a player transaction card in the future? Right now, you can see a guy gets dealt but you're not sure for who or why.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #1339
sianews
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Future addition, can we get trades listed as the entire trade in a player transaction card in the future? Right now, you can see a guy gets dealt but you're not sure for who or why.

+1!

Would also like to see the timeframe for rookie contract extensions moved from November to back to July.
sianews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #1340
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

I've posted in the FBBGames.com forum & in the Grey Dog Software forum and I've gotten zero response from anybody on this topic. I purchased Fast Break Pro Basketball 2013 in July of last year and have since built a new computer, thus losing my ORDER-ID for the game.

All I'm trying to do is retrieve the ID, or at the very least get the process of attaining my ORDER-ID started, and I can't seem to get a hold of anybody who's involved with this game. I've sent private messages to both heavyreign and Arles ... nothing.

Maybe the good people of this board can help me get started, who do I have to get in contact with in order to retrieve my lost ORDER-ID?

Last edited by LionsFan10 : 07-01-2014 at 05:53 PM.
LionsFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #1341
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan10 View Post
I've posted in the FBBGames.com forum & in the Grey Dog Software forum and I've gotten zero response from anybody on this topic. I purchased Fast Break Pro Basketball 2013 in July of last year and have since built a new computer, thus losing my ORDER-ID for the game.

All I'm trying to do is retrieve the ID, or at the very least get the process of attaining my ORDER-ID started, and I can't seem to get a hold of anybody who's involved with this game. I've sent private messages to both heavyreign and Arles ... nothing.

Maybe the good people of this board can help me get started, who do I have to get in contact with in order to retrieve my lost ORDER-ID?

Both are good at replying to email, at least in the past. I'd suggest starting with emailing support at Grey Dog or whoever.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #1342
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Okay, so where precisely are the logos located that are used in the game? Which folder? I have installed one of the mods but I just cannot get the Pelicans logo to show up. If I wanted to tinker with just that one or any other individual logo, is there a folder somewhere where they are located? I can't find it.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #1343
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
Okay, so where precisely are the logos located that are used in the game? Which folder? I have installed one of the mods but I just cannot get the Pelicans logo to show up. If I wanted to tinker with just that one or any other individual logo, is there a folder somewhere where they are located? I can't find it.

program files x86/gds/fast break pro basketball/images/logos
Old 07-03-2014, 07:10 PM   #1344
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

As my career progresses, more and more of the available coaches and scouts have blanks for names. Any way to fix this?
Old 07-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #1345
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'm guessing here, but have you downloaded extra nation files? If so, you might not have the matching first/last name files?
Old 07-03-2014, 10:11 PM   #1346
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
As my career progresses, more and more of the available coaches and scouts have blanks for names. Any way to fix this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I'm guessing here, but have you downloaded extra nation files? If so, you might not have the matching first/last name files?

Yeah, you need to make sure that all of your foreign leagues are named with the country they are in and that you put a name file for each in there or that will happen.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #1347
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Dunno who made this, but it's super useful explaining all of the parts of the game in the setup parts, since even I wasn't entirely sure the difference between some of the different financial features.

Fast Break Pro Basketball 3 Help File
Old 07-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #1348
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Dunno who made this, but it's super useful explaining all of the parts of the game in the setup parts, since even I wasn't entirely sure the difference between some of the different financial features.

Fast Break Pro Basketball 3 Help File

This is the help file that comes in the game when you click on the HELP button on the upper right side.

Perhaps you need to get the latest patch?
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:33 AM   #1349
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
This is the help file that comes in the game when you click on the HELP button on the upper right side.

Perhaps you need to get the latest patch?

never occurred to me to push help before. Makes a lot more sense tho.

I have the latest patches tho.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #1350
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
never occurred to me to push help before. Makes a lot more sense tho.

I have the latest patches tho.

What is the latest patch? I know HR put out a player file but never saw the patch that was suppose to have them in it also.