Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-16-2005, 11:16 PM   #551
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
Has anyone had success with the powerplay? I had problems on the PP even with the last version. But 9% is ridiculous.

(Of course, playing with the Flames, this is realistic. )

My Blazers are hovering around 30% in 2008, but I just let the coach handle things. My practice time was at 60/25/15 at the beginning of the season, but I think I turned the PP down a bit since then.

I'm glad you finally got your copy. I was getting worried about your sanity
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:31 AM   #552
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klayman
I'm glad you finally got your copy. I was getting worried about your sanity

Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 05:00 AM   #553
riz
SI Games

Wow, this thread is getting long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Henrik Lundqvist
Lundqvist is ace !

The DD is coming along now, shouldn't be too long anymore as most of the loose ends are coming together now. Keep tuned to the SI website for up-to-date info on that.
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 08:22 AM   #554
Booj
High School JV

Riz, (or anyone who could answer)

Will the next patch be when the NA version is released? or will there be one in between? I am just waiting for the HTML game reports to be fixed, among other things I see on the SI boards

Last edited by Booj : 06-17-2005 at 08:23 AM.
Booj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 11:03 AM   #555
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Still frustrated by no DD...

edit: And it looks like I'll have to wait until Monday at the earliest for it.

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 06-17-2005 at 11:03 AM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:38 PM   #556
scooter
High School Varsity

Any of you guys playing in the Canadian Major Juniors (or Riz or JeffR) know the answer to these questions? Do young players that say they "want to play US college hockey" ever change their mind (like if they don't get any offers)? If they have agreed to join a college team, do they ever drop out or get released and join their CHL team?

The reason I ask is that half of the unsigned prospects I have "want to play US college hockey". Do I release their rights as I will never have a chance to sign them? Or do I hold on to them (cluttering up my propects and team report pages) on the off-chance they will come back sometime in the future?
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 12:59 PM   #557
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
Any of you guys playing in the Canadian Major Juniors (or Riz or JeffR) know the answer to these questions? Do young players that say they "want to play US college hockey" ever change their mind (like if they don't get any offers)? If they have agreed to join a college team, do they ever drop out or get released and join their CHL team?

The reason I ask is that half of the unsigned prospects I have "want to play US college hockey". Do I release their rights as I will never have a chance to sign them? Or do I hold on to them (cluttering up my propects and team report pages) on the off-chance they will come back sometime in the future?

JeffR could answer this much better than me, but I do remember him telling me one thing in particular. If you've got the bantam picks to spare, it may be worth selecting a couple of the top college prospects in the later rounds. It sounds like the AI won't try to sign these guys at all. Then there is a possibility that an NHL team will draft them and subsequently sign them before their CHL eligility is up. If they don't think the player quite ready, they will send him to the CHL.

A little bit of a cheat, I guess it all depends on how you look at it.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:11 PM   #558
scooter
High School Varsity

Thanks sov. Are you still in the game? Or did you start over? I play very slowly - I've still only played 4 games in the season. I'm spending some quality time digging through my roster and getting to know the players. I have notes on pieces of paper everywhere! My wife asks me if I ever "play" the game
Old 06-17-2005, 01:23 PM   #559
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Thanks sov. Are you still in the game? Or did you start over? I play very slowly - I've still only played 4 games in the season. I'm spending some quality time digging through my roster and getting to know the players. I have notes on pieces of paper everywhere! My wife asks me if I ever "play" the game

yep i playing slow too.

what cool on the player card you can makes notes on there. no need for paper
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:29 PM   #560
scooter
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
what cool on the player card you can makes notes on there. no need for paper

Oh no, I will ALWAYS need paper!

I also do spreadsheets of player attributes and scouting reports so I can track players from year-to-year. I'm a total EHM geek!
Old 06-17-2005, 01:46 PM   #561
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

ing.
Quote:

The 0-30-1 deal and the revelation that riz let be known has pushed the game aside from my agenda temporarily. BUT my game won't end up dusty at all as I'm sure it'll remain in my second CD drive. At some point I will probably start a second career and do things at a much slower pace, much like you are now. After reading the manual more thoroughly and checking out a few other tactics-related things, I'm determined to give that side of the game more attention. I figure it will allow me to become much more familiar with my team and have more of an effect on where the team is heading.

The game still has the potential to become my all-time fav text sim - I see this very clearly in just a couple days experience. Going beyond that, I might place it up there with my all-time favorite game in general, that being Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:01 PM   #562
jbmagic
Pro Starter

yep

hopefully a patch will come soon. then i wil start a serious dynasty. for now i just messing around with things to get familar with the game.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:52 PM   #563
BigDPW
College Prospect

I am sooooooo bummed this afternoon to have rushed home from work hoping for a digital download to be ready for me to get my hands on only to find that the info from SI boards earlier this week about a "Wednesday or Thursday release" seem to have faded into next week somehow! I can't believe I fell for that and didn't just buy it from GoGamer earlier in the week... I know they can't make this thing happen any faster but I have been stuck in limbo between wanting to buy the game from go gamer and waiting on the eventual DD for the last two weeks... I am so hooked on the Gold Demo but want to be able to get to the draft and offseason portion of the game to experience it... Last years game did not do this for me and I feel much more immersed in this years hockey world... I am this close to buying it from go gamer this afternoon before 5:00 and forking over the $22.00 just to have it delivered on saturday (I can't believe I am saying that because it sounds so ridiculous)!
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:49 PM   #564
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:

No, they won't change. Like Sovstar said, if you hang on to their rights, there's a chance some of the better ones will sign an NHL deal and get sent down, but it's not worth wasting a lot of draft picks on that slim chance.

Hopefully, Riz will be able to get it working so the choice changes for a small number of guys, to cover the ones who drop out of school or decide, after getting taken in a CHL draft, to go to college. But it'd make more sense to wait until after the whole junior player rights system gets an overhaul.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:51 PM   #565
JeffR
High School JV

If anybody's been waiting for the unofficial pre-game editor, it's now out - hxxp://www.eastside-uk.co.uk/
Old 06-17-2005, 10:37 PM   #566
cmgdodgers
High School JV

I'm getting an error when I click on it, but it looks like DD will be ready soon!

http://www.sigames.com/downloads.php
cmgdodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:51 PM   #567
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sweet. It is giving me a page not found message, but hopefully it might be out tonight?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:51 PM   #568
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

If you click on the link and get the error, go to the address bar and you should see an extra period before the exe, so it should look like 396.exe, instead of 396..exe.

I'm downloading it right now!
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:54 PM   #569
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

DOWNLOADING NOW!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!! AND NO WORK UNTIL TUESDAY!!! 3 days of EHM MADNESS!

but yeah, the double-period thing is causing an error SI-guys
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:55 PM   #570
cmgdodgers
High School JV

Great catch! Downloading now as well!!
Old 06-17-2005, 11:03 PM   #571
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Can someone post the corrected link for me. My browser keeps going to the error message before I can see the correct addy.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:08 PM   #572
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

roger that eaglesfan
http://downloads.sigames.com/download/396.exe
Old 06-17-2005, 11:08 PM   #573
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks
Old 06-17-2005, 11:33 PM   #574
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh yeah. < 1 minute for me now!
Old 06-17-2005, 11:36 PM   #575
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I have 16 minutes left. A slow download, but not surprising as I'm sure it is very popular right now.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:41 PM   #576
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah. it took me 45 minutes or so. licensed now and ready to go though!
Old 06-18-2005, 12:54 AM   #577
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so when training camp says it wants me to make cuts, is there then a screen that i can go to that easily summarizes how well the guys that are there on tryouts are performing?
Old 06-18-2005, 01:14 AM   #578
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
so when training camp says it wants me to make cuts, is there then a screen that i can go to that easily summarizes how well the guys that are there on tryouts are performing?

There's a stats summary for the intrasquad games available from the training camp menu, and your coaching staff will give you a report on each tryout guy at the end of camp. (The news items advising you to make cuts aren't obligatory, I always ignore them and either sign a tryout guy at the end of camp or let him be released automatically.)
Old 06-18-2005, 07:50 AM   #579
Jon
High School Varsity

I noticed that some of the dynastys seem to include leagues that aren't in the game? Are they included with the Cd, or are there some mods out there already? I have the digital download. Thanks.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 08:21 AM   #580
JeffR
High School JV

Which leagues do you mean? There's a user-made edited database out that changes the AAL-3 and AAL-4 back to the CHL and UHL, but that's the only thing that alters any leagues.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:58 AM   #581
Jon
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR
Which leagues do you mean? There's a user-made edited database out that changes the AAL-3 and AAL-4 back to the CHL and UHL, but that's the only thing that alters any leagues.

That's what I think I'm talking about. Thanks. Where can I get this from? I looked at the sigames website, but can't find it.

Last edited by Jon : 06-18-2005 at 09:07 AM.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:07 AM   #582
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Odd draft occurence.

So, I went through the 2009 draft. Made a deal to move up in the first round and then made my picks. Following the draft I start cycling through "news" stories which often include a report on all draft day deals. The odd thing was there two draft day deals that involved MY team. Both the Blackhaws and Flames made an offer, it was accepted, and then eventually cancelled. (I first thought the trades were accepted without my knowing about it in which case I was gonna be PISSED!). Though I wouldn't have likely accepted either trade, it's odd that I didn't even know they had been offered until AFTER the draft when all was said and done.

Is there something I'm missing?

Shouldn't the draft sort of "stop" whenever you get an offer? I love that the AI teams can offer you trades mid-draft (don't know of any games that have this feature), but it doesn't do anyone any good if you never find out about them until AFTER the draft when they are null and void.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:26 AM   #583
Simms
FOBL Commish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
That's what I think I'm talking about. Thanks. Where can I get this from? I looked at the sigames website, but can't find it.

http://www.eastside-uk.co.uk/download_file.php?id=76
Old 06-18-2005, 10:07 AM   #584
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There's a stats summary for the intrasquad games available from the training camp menu, and your coaching staff will give you a report on each tryout guy at the end of camp. (The news items advising you to make cuts aren't obligatory, I always ignore them and either sign a tryout guy at the end of camp or let him be released automatically.)

thanks. i had been looking at that but I had neglected to reset my teams to include all the guys that i brought into training camp on tryouts so their stats weren't showing up. i always ignore those news items about cuts too, but i figure it might be nice to actually follow them once in a while, to try to be realistic.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:13 AM   #585
cmgdodgers
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
how much is it? and does it come with a help manual?

do we need to apply patch 2.01 to it?

i try downloading it later on. kinda slow right now on dsl. and getting late.

thanks

It comes with a 70 page manual, and it is version 2.01.

I was a bit surprised that it only cost $29.99!!
Old 06-18-2005, 10:14 AM   #586
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgdodgers

wow thanks.. good price for an excellent game.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:32 AM   #587
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
$29.99

Wow. That doesn't seem right. What company did they end up teaming up with for the DD?
Old 06-18-2005, 12:27 PM   #588
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Odd draft occurence.

So, I went through the 2009 draft. Made a deal to move up in the first round and then made my picks. Following the draft I start cycling through "news" stories which often include a report on all draft day deals. The odd thing was there two draft day deals that involved MY team. Both the Blackhaws and Flames made an offer, it was accepted, and then eventually cancelled. (I first thought the trades were accepted without my knowing about it in which case I was gonna be PISSED!). Though I wouldn't have likely accepted either trade, it's odd that I didn't even know they had been offered until AFTER the draft when all was said and done.

Is there something I'm missing?

Shouldn't the draft sort of "stop" whenever you get an offer? I love that the AI teams can offer you trades mid-draft (don't know of any games that have this feature), but it doesn't do anyone any good if you never find out about them until AFTER the draft when they are null and void.

Were the trades for a player/draft pick you already traded, or the AI traded to another team? I usually get news items on players that several teams are chasing like that, even though I've only made one deal for that player. I've also seen it several times in the NHL where team A trades a player to team B, and then team C and team D has trades cancelled with team A even though they were accepted before.

It might just be an interface problem where the trade has to be accepted in order to be cancelled.

On another note, is anyone getting spammed with trading block news items for the same 5-7 guys? I'm in the WHL and even after the trading deadline, every 2nd day I get news items about the same 5-7 guys being shopped around by their teams. Slightly annoying (especially since they are all crap).
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 01:18 PM   #589
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:

It took you until the 2009 draft to see this? I saw it after my first draft in 2005. As for what you can do about it, I don't know.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:26 PM   #590
jbmagic
Pro Starter

you guys should post that in the bug forum at SI. so it might get fix on next patch.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:47 PM   #591
scooter
High School Varsity

Is it possible that, during the draft, you received a news item (the little "You Have News" thing) but didn't notice it and just continued with the draft. At which point the game just cancelled the offer automatically. I don't know - it sounds strange to me.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:46 PM   #592
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

From Marc Duffy (on the digital download)

"Guys, sorry this isnt the one

Anyone who has downloaded should note that it's not the final one, and should remove pending the final one early next week.

The reason there is no announcement is that, this wasnt the one and was on the site by mistake."
Old 06-18-2005, 02:50 PM   #593
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That is rather discouraging.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:52 PM   #594
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
From Marc Duffy (on the digital download)

"Guys, sorry this isnt the one

Anyone who has downloaded should note that it's not the final one, and should remove pending the final one early next week.

The reason there is no announcement is that, this wasnt the one and was on the site by mistake."

wow

glad i download only and didnt install it yet.

what happens if people already install it and pay for it?
Old 06-18-2005, 03:03 PM   #595
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
It took you until the 2009 draft to see this? I saw it after my first draft in 2005. As for what you can do about it, I don't know.

I saw other teams trading in the draft, I just don't think I was ever offered a trade during the draft until now.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 06-18-2005, 03:05 PM   #596
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Is it possible that, during the draft, you received a news item (the little "You Have News" thing) but didn't notice it and just continued with the draft. At which point the game just cancelled the offer automatically. I don't know - it sounds strange to me.

It's entirely possible. They offers were for 4th and 5th round picks. By that time I am usually "fast fowarding" to my picks and pretty much focused entirely on the draft screen at hand and little else.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:10 PM   #597
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm guessing by this not being the one what Marc means is that this isn't the final executable file of the game, but this is the company they chose, so hopefully having already paid for it shouldn't be a problem. If it is...well that's going to be a bit of a problem for more than a few people I'd daresay
Old 06-18-2005, 08:16 PM   #598
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
i'm guessing by this not being the one what Marc means is that this isn't the final executable file of the game, but this is the company they chose, so hopefully having already paid for it shouldn't be a problem. If it is...well that's going to be a bit of a problem for more than a few people I'd daresay

Yeah, I can't see SI screwing anyone over by asking them to pay twice, or leaving them with a crippled version after paying. Hopefully this will all get sorted out on Monday, or sooner.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:20 PM   #599
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I can't see SI screwing anyone over by asking them to pay twice, or leaving them with a crippled version after paying. Hopefully this will all get sorted out on Monday, or sooner.

of course SI won't screw us. Of all the things in the world, about the only thing I believe in these days is that SI are one of the few companies that truly understand what customer service is, and truly understand the value of keeping customers.

Not to digress, but that's one of the main reasons I bought EHM 2005, even though I bought EHM:FE and I think personally just didn't get my $$ worth out of it. Nothing against EHM:FE, it just didn't have that "immersive quality." But I wanted to support Riz, so I bought it, and EHM:FE was an auto-buy for me because I knew with another year it'd be that much better, and it did have me truly immersed last night I'll tell you that.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:24 PM   #600
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I hope you're kidding. If not, I can't believe I spent $55 just to get the game a tad quicker and a CD. I at least thought the game would have been $40. Shoot.. next time I'll wait for the DD. I feel like an ass.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote