Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #1001
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Not at all? I mean, the fact that you guys are linked by being the same creature doesn't necessarily mean that they're also good -- is that what you're saying?

That's what I'm saying. The only thing the three of us received together was the initial PM from Jackal with our roles. I've received random PMs from him since then that they weren't copied on. So I don't know about them, because I can't speak to them yet via PM. We can't PM until we meet in the labyrinth.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #1002
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn View Post
Well, Clap is the only one who's voted, and that vote was for Tyrith. But Abe's got the most votes. And I really want to see what happens with a lynch. So now I'm torn. Vote with my fellow raptors, or vote for who has the most votes and vote for a fellow raptor?

Abe, who do you plan to vote for?

No clue. May have to just vote in self defense.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #1003
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn View Post
That's what I'm saying. The only thing the three of us received together was the initial PM from Jackal with our roles. I've received random PMs from him since then that they weren't copied on. So I don't know about them, because I can't speak to them yet via PM. We can't PM until we meet in the labyrinth.

We can also scan each other if we meet up, so we have a self scan amongest the group. Based on our descriptions, I suspect that if we team up, as a pack, we might be able to fight as one against a wolf or soemthing, but that is just based on our description, and not on anything that has been said overtly by the gm to me.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #1004
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
We can also scan each other if we meet up, so we have a self scan amongest the group. Based on our descriptions, I suspect that if we team up, as a pack, we might be able to fight as one against a wolf or soemthing, but that is just based on our description, and not on anything that has been said overtly by the gm to me.

So having the ability to scan each other when you meet means that you don't know for sure right now if you're all villagers. Well that sucks. Would have been simpler if we had an instant CoT of 3
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #1005
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Teaming up makes sense, but I almost wonder if, since you have the self-scan, that two of you may be good and one bad, otherwise it is a slightly odd dynamic. I'm not saying I want to lynch one of you, in fact if/when you guys meet up, I just think we'll find it is more likely 2 good and 1 bad rather than all 3 good.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:48 PM   #1006
RendeR
Coordinator

I like this idea that if they all vote together we should follow them. Is Tyrith the only other one with a vote on him at this point? Seems simple enough to get everyone to move to Ty, a lynch, ANY lynch is good tonight, Right Tyrith?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #1007
RendeR
Coordinator

Massive thunderstorm rolling through Buffalo right now.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #1008
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Teaming up makes sense, but I almost wonder if, since you have the self-scan, that two of you may be good and one bad, otherwise it is a slightly odd dynamic. I'm not saying I want to lynch one of you, in fact if/when you guys meet up, I just think we'll find it is more likely 2 good and 1 bad rather than all 3 good.

Is that possible? Sure it is. In this game, who knows. It means the GM gives you a three day guarantee that you kill a wolf by voting them off one day at a time, so it's risky to create subgroups with one wolf and a few villagers, because it gives the villagers too much info. But, that doesn;t mean its not true here and now.

Old 08-07-2008, 05:52 PM   #1009
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I feel very much like Path12 and have gone from starting fairly aggressive to really not seeing the right places to push. For myself, I've expanded this game to each of us vs. 3 evil entities (wolves, minotaur, and labyrinth/Jester). I feel like I'm making progress versus the labyrinth, as I'm sure all of us do and that seems to be the one way we can win without having to confront the other two (one of whom we can't beat). All of that is said because I'm bringing myself to a vote that in almost any other game, I hate.

vote no lynch

I still may be kicking myself enough to change it but frankly, I don't buy every reveal we've heard (and yet can't doubt them because I have no other info and I'm not talking about the Raptors), I'm not sure that every member of the trio is good (now I am talking about the Raptors), and yet there is nothing overtly pinging me for any of the three raptors and Pass has stuck to his alchemist story and Mccollins is back.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #1010
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

from the PM I
am very convincced we are all
on the side of good

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #1011
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Is that possible? Sure it is. In this game, who knows. It means the GM gives you a three day guarantee that you kill a wolf by voting them off one day at a time, so it's risky to create subgroups with one wolf and a few villagers, because it gives the villagers too much info. But, that doesn;t mean its not true here and now.

I agree with you whole-heartedly here and I don't want to try to cherry-pick which one might be bad yet. I'm going no lynch, hoping you three meet up soon, and we go from there. Like I outlined earlier, after my incident with the blades in the cage, I fear a "worst case scenario" day where the wolves get one, we lose on in the labyrinth to a trap, we vote off poorly, and the minotaur takes one. That takes down the overall game population by 1/4 and likely the good guy population by 1/3.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:55 PM   #1012
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
No clue. May have to just vote in self defense.

Alright....Clap went with Tyrith so I'm going that way.

vote Tyrith
Old 08-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #1013
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have absolutely zero against Tyrith, so this is merely a self defense vote.

Vote Tyrith

Old 08-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #1014
Telle
College Starter

Ok, as I said I will follow the lead of the three raptors.

UNVOTE ABE SARGENT
VOTE TYRITH
Old 08-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #1015
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

dearest telle good vote
its velociraptors plz
u love poetry!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #1016
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I like this idea that if they all vote together we should follow them. Is Tyrith the only other one with a vote on him at this point? Seems simple enough to get everyone to move to Ty, a lynch, ANY lynch is good tonight, Right Tyrith?

Does this mean you're going to make it a 5-4 game?
Old 08-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #1017
Tyrith
College Starter

This isn't how I wanted this to go, obviously, but not unexpected. I have a normal seer ability - my title is the oracle, and I'm a normal human, just with some freaky mind powers, as you'd expect. Night one I scanned Lathum, who turned up good. Night two I tried to scan Render, but something interfered with my ability to focus in on his mind so I didn't get a scan - it was pretty clear that it was wolf interference.

Yeah, I've been pretty aggressive in this game. If I was anything other than this it would have been pretty obvious, or so I thought - we've had a lot of normally loud people go quiet in this game. I earnestly believe we need to be lynching people or else we're going to find ourselves in trouble. If you go ahead and lynch me...that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I'll be around for a few minutes.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #1018
Tyrith
College Starter

Dola, I'll also try very hard to be back before the deadline.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #1019
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Night two I tried to scan Render, but something interfered with my ability to focus in on his mind so I didn't get a scan - it was pretty clear that it was wolf interference.

Hmmmm......
Old 08-07-2008, 06:54 PM   #1020
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Tyrith I need to ask you a question while you are still here. Do you have any powers besides scanning? A second power or action you can take?

Old 08-07-2008, 06:56 PM   #1021
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Tyrith I need to ask you a question while you are still here. Do you have any powers besides scanning? A second power or action you can take?

I have a once per game where at 3 I can focus my scan to make sure it doesn't get interfered with that night, but that's it. Generally I'm just a normal human running around in a maze with scary monsters and pit traps that can slaughter me.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #1022
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

holy god - today kicked my ass. I lost track of time around 10:30 and didn't look at a clock again till like 3:15 - didn't even really have time then to post about what was going on
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #1023
Tyrith
College Starter

Sadly, I really have to go now - I will try really hard to be back before the lynch, probably in the neighborhood of 830-840 CST.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #1024
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

this is not good guys
is tyrinth the seer? or not
can we no lynch ::sigh::

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #1025
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I met abe and he said he's good and he also said that clap and farrah are the other raptors. It's my thinking that one of the raptors might be bad - seems weird to have them all know each other and all be good - I can easily see a twist in that
Old 08-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #1026
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay folks, I'm putting almost everything out there.

On Night One I ran into a fellow player who claimed to have scanned me and found me good. We pm'd each other and that player told me that they were teh seer, their name, and class and abilities.

I will not, as of now, tell you who that person was. Perhaps they really are teh seer, and I want to protect them.

Tyrith claims to be teh seer. We have several notes:

Perhaps we have two seers. Tyrith claims to be an Oracle. The person who claimed to have been a seer also claimed to be an oracle. That's good for Tyrith.

Perhaps that person was a seer, and Tyrith is lying. The wolves might know the names of various roles, or have found out through some game mechaincs. Somes games have included a rule where they knew the roles aheadof time (in that case, they knew which gods where in the game). Its a rare mechanic, but it does exist.

Perhaps Tyrith is telling the truth and this other person lied to me. There was no kill on Night One, so I tend to beleive that the wolfes would choose to kill someone they were adjacent to rather than make up a story about being an oracle.

Perhaps both are wolves, and they created the oracle story to use between them.

Of the four, I am leaning towards the first, except for one thing.

The other person claimed to have a second Action which is NOTHING like the second action Tyrith just claimed.

The other person claimed to only be able to scan people they run into, not anyone, as Tyrith just suggested.

So, it is possible that we have two seers and both have scanning abilities but they are different? Sure it is, no question. In fact, if I had two seers, I;d want to make sure they do not duplicate each other exactly. However, I wanted to toss this info out there for you, so that you are up to speed.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #1027
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I've met three peopel this game so far, and none have killed me, so they go up my COT - DT, teh dead PF, and a unnamed third. That's why I was surpirsed to find out PF was a wolf, but he wasnt I just read the thing wrong.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #1028
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now if I end up dying, you have almost all of the info that I have, so the village isn;t screwed.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #1029
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I don't buy his reveal at all - It'd be nice if we could get Abe and the other raptors to vote Tyrith.

VOTE TYRITH

Old 08-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #1030
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

IIf anyone has a suggestion for an alternate route, let me know. I don;t automatically disbelieve Tyrith, because he gave me the same title (Oracle) but none of the other details match up, so if that is something, then its something. Is it a smoking gun? Of course not. So he's got facts going in both directions for him, to my mind.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #1031
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I don't buy his reveal at all - It'd be nice if we could get Abe and the other raptors to vote Tyrith.

VOTE TYRITH

Umm, you already have that....

Old 08-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #1032
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hoopie doo!

I don't see Tyrith's reveal as very compelling - seems pretty convienent and early - particularly given the potential for lack of lyches that we've observed in this game.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #1033
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

DT hasnt read
anythign that is happening
busy day makes life tough

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:13 PM   #1034
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

nope - I caught up clap. Only like ~4 pages
Old 08-07-2008, 07:16 PM   #1035
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

VOTE TYRITH

you caught up did you
read thread again you must k
let the force guide you

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #1036
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

yoda haiku wow
challenge myself i must do
deathstar aim at wolves!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:17 PM   #1037
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

the force?

lol
Old 08-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #1038
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

star wars i hate you
give me buffy and a stake plz
faith is extra hot

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:26 PM   #1039
RendeR
Coordinator

Once there was a poet named clap.
Who really was a pleasent sort of chap.

He posted in haiku
His talent was nere'do
And he tortured us all like a sap.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:30 PM   #1040
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

what's the vote-count like?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #1041
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

a 9 hour car ride
RendeR challenges my head
a lolcat haiku

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:31 PM   #1042
RendeR
Coordinator

back in a bit
Old 08-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #1043
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lol @ render's sig! how fitting for me
Old 08-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #1044
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

IM IN UR LYNCHING
LOOKIGN FUR WOLVS OR OLDCHIENTS
NOM NOM U BICHEZ!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #1045
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Abe, I think I'm leaning the same way as you, that there might be multiple seers, although I guess I am perturbed by the differences as well. But from what we've seen, the Raptors can scan each other, mystery player #1 can scan people that he/she meets in the labyrinth, and Tyrith can scan people's minds. We've got a lot of scanning abilities in play, even before Tyrith put out his reveal so I'm *slightly* inclined to believe him but wouldn't be heart-broken over a lynch either I guess.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #1046
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I will leave you all
for about 60 minits
need to pack for hell!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #1047
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

PB - shouldn't that make you LESS inclined to believe Tyrith's reveal?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #1048
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Where are you off to Claph?
Old 08-07-2008, 07:39 PM   #1049
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
PB - shouldn't that make you LESS inclined to believe Tyrith's reveal?

Four players, seemingly for sure, have some sort of scan before his reveal, what is the difference between four and five? Plus, while it doesn't involve people, I have a scanning ability as well. So no, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him have some sort of ability to scan.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:41 PM   #1050
Telle
College Starter

Votes as of post 1048:

5 - Tyrith - claphasma (820), Farrah (1012), Abe Sargent (1013), Telle (1014), DaddyTorgo (1029)
4 - Abe Sargent - Lathum (845), Barkeep (926), mccollins (966), Tyrith (969)
2 - No Lynch - Passacaglia (971), PurdueBrad (1009)