Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2022, 10:56 AM   #4951
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Good editorial in the Washington Post today that provides the best reasoning I have heard saying why Trump will have trouble in 2024.

In 2016, he tapped into a disconnect between party leadership and what the GOP base voters wanted. The leadership was behind Jeb, but the voters wanted a Trump.

And now he is a victim of his own success. He was right; the GOP base did want a Trump and not a Jeb. So the party leaders have spent the last 6 years becoming a lot more Trumpy.

So from the perspective of having massively changed American politics for the foreseeable future, he won! Things can never go back to pre-Trump. But, from the perspective of him, personally, getting to benefit from it? Maybe not.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:58 AM   #4952
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola: Sort of like Tesla proving that there was a real market for EVs. People doubted them. But they were right!

Now, having done that, they created a ton of EV competitors and have made their future job a lot harder.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 05-26-2022 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05-26-2022, 11:55 AM   #4953
PilotMan
Head Coach

In Northern Kentucky, my neck of the woods, 3 long term republican, sitting state reps, lost their primaries to much more extreme right wing candidates. When talking about why they think they lost they hit the insight right on the melon:

“It’s all about getting people mad and angry. And making them feel like they’re getting screwed when they’re not,” Koenig said.

and

“You could agree with some of them, those folks 90% of the time. But if you disagree with them 10% of the time, or you’re not one of them, as they classify it, then they are against you. And that’s very unsettling,” Massey told the Cincinnati Enquirer before the election.

Sound familiar?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 12:25 PM   #4954
BYU 14
Coordinator

How delicious is the irony, that if McCormick does overtake Oz in Pennsylvania, it will be due top the absentee ballots? That has to be making Trumps head explode.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 10:15 PM   #4955
Atocep
Coordinator

TIL Bill Gates grows cheeseburgers in "Peach Tree Dishes"

I'll give you 1 guess...
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 03:06 PM   #4956
Thomkal
Head Coach

So the only person charged in John Durham's investigation into probe into Trump's 2016 campaign by federal agents so far-Michael Sussman, a democrat lawyer who was charged with lying to a senior FBI agent went to the jury and it took less than a day to come back with a not guilty verdict:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...lQauDc_3q8nByk
Old 06-03-2022, 01:34 PM   #4957
Thomkal
Head Coach

fresh off yet another rambling appearance on MSNBC's Art Melber, Peter Navarro arrested for criminal contempt of Congress
Old 06-03-2022, 01:44 PM   #4958
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Great! I look forward to hearing how the case is still pending in January of 2024.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 01:47 PM   #4959
Thomkal
Head Coach

Better that than to be out there selling his conspiracies to any who would listen.
Old 06-03-2022, 04:08 PM   #4960
Thomkal
Head Coach

So after the Navarro arrest Congressman Gohmert goes on NewsMax and says the following:

Jason Campbell on Twitter: "Rep Louie Gohmert on Navarro indictment: "If you're a Republican, you can't even lie to Congress or lie to an FBI agent or they're coming after you"… https://t.co/jgXCLcv3vE"
Old 06-03-2022, 04:28 PM   #4961
BYU 14
Coordinator

I had to listen because their was no way he could have said that, but I forgot two very important things.

1-It's Louie Gohmert
2-Louie Gohmert is the dumbest MFer in government, despite how low that bar is.

Plus he doubled down at the end
Old 06-03-2022, 05:48 PM   #4962
RainMaker
General Manager

It is funny when someone who has power faces a tiny amount of consequences for their actions and has a meltdown over it. Like this guy was complaining to the judge that he was handcuffed like every other person who gets arrested. It's just a view into the minds of these people and how they think they are above everyone else.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 06:03 PM   #4963
cuervo72
Head Coach

Peter stop resisting
Old 06-03-2022, 06:10 PM   #4964
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Better that than to be out there selling his conspiracies to any who would listen.

Why would that stop him?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-03-2022, 07:34 PM   #4965
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

McCormick concedes. That's going to be one .... interesting ... Senate race.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:49 PM   #4966
Atocep
Coordinator

Over the past couple of days DeSantis has vetoed $35 mil from the budget that was earmarked to go to the Rays to build a facility to support youth sports because the organization came out in support of gun control and forced the special olympics to drop their vaccine requirement after threatening to fine them $27 million for violating state law.

If he keeps this up he crushes Trump in a primary.
Old 06-04-2022, 09:08 AM   #4967
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Yeah, Trump was nowhere as effective at crushing stuff as DeSantis is turning out to be.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 12:05 PM   #4968
cuervo72
Head Coach

Blake Masters Blames Gun Violence on 'Black People, Frankly' - Rolling Stone
Old 06-06-2022, 12:32 PM   #4969
BYU 14
Coordinator

I have no clue, how this state, which has only 1/3 registered voters identifying as GOP, gets so many of these extreme nutjobs, it's like a petri dish, or as their ilk likes to call it, peach tree dish.

It's really embarrassing...
Old 06-08-2022, 08:50 AM   #4970
Galaril
Pro Starter

So Jan 6th public hearings airing in primetime tomorrow night. Anyone planning on watching? I think I will, but not expecting much to come out of this that moves the needle sadly.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:37 AM   #4971
Flasch186
Coordinator

I'll be watching. It's certainly historic.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 10:11 AM   #4972
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The criminal immigration system was working efficiently enough that parents were being convicted and sentenced quickly enough to keep them from being separated from their kids.

Which infuriated the Trumpers, so they purposely slowed the process down because taking people's children away from them as punishment was always the point

This is going to get lost in the middle of everything else. But it is really one of the most reprehensible pieces of news I can think of. Maybe it's just the parent in me.

That we, as a country, have not fully rejected MAGA (save a fringe 5% or so) is to our everlasting shame.
Old 06-08-2022, 10:51 AM   #4973
Kodos
Resident Alien

Unfortunately, we have a certain segment of the population that is just bitter about life and wants to exact revenge on everyone who is not just like them.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 10:58 AM   #4974
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
So Jan 6th public hearings airing in primetime tomorrow night. Anyone planning on watching? I think I will, but not expecting much to come out of this that moves the needle sadly.

I will try to watch some of it. Of course the people who probably need to see it most, Fox viewers, will not be able to see it live on the prime Fox channel, but apparently Fox Business will have it. They are going to do recaps of them, and the usual commentary from Tucker, Hannity, and the like which I'm sure won't be biased against Democrats
Old 06-08-2022, 11:47 AM   #4975
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Unfortunately, we have a certain segment of the population that is just bitter about life and wants to exact revenge on everyone who is not just like them.
This. It is sad at how resigned I am that we are about to become a new Nazi state.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 11:48 AM   #4976
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
That we, as a country, have not fully rejected MAGA (save a fringe 5% or so) is to our everlasting shame.

You really think that only 5% of the country has fully rejected MAGA? I think the number is far greater than that. But I also think it is made up of people who, by and large, are not willing to invest themselves fully into the fight like the other side is. And I'll be upfront and admit my wife and I (and kids) are in that group.

I haven't even confronted my parents about their Trumpism because I don't want the waste of time, energy and destruction of our relationship that would follow from that point until their deaths. It's just not worth it to me. I don't want to be an activist poll worker, I don't want to spend hours on social media promoting or sabotaging political candidates, or speaking at city commission meetings or school board meetings and getting insults, objects and death threats hurled at me, etc.

Since there's a clear southern element to the genesis of the current movement, I think the GOP should just adopt the SEC slogan...

"The GOP - It Just Means More."

Because it's true. Many of the most fervent Trumpists/GOPers believe this is the early stages of a holy war to take the country back. I don't feel that strongly and likely never will.

Since Trump was elected, there's a line from one of my favorite band's songs - released 30 years ago - that has repeatedly come to mind:

"I don't betray my country, I survive my government."

That's kinda how I feel at this point.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-08-2022 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:01 PM   #4977
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think he’s saying at this point only 5% should be supporting it and the fact it’s way more is shameful.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 12:07 PM   #4978
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I have no clue, how this state, which has only 1/3 registered voters identifying as GOP, gets so many of these extreme nutjobs, it's like a petri dish, or as their ilk likes to call it, peach tree dish.

It's really embarrassing...

That's not extreme anymore.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:16 PM   #4979
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think he’s saying at this point only 5% should be supporting it and the fact it’s way more is shameful.

Yeah. I see how it was confusing the way I wrote it.

I meant that 5% of the country should be MAGA and the other 95% of us should be making them ashamed to be in public.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:52 PM   #4980
Ksyrup

Not on Fox News tonight - "Jack Del Rio should shut up and coach."
Old 06-08-2022, 01:31 PM   #4981
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

He's doing his best to make Snyder the second most hated person connected to that team.
Old 06-08-2022, 06:29 PM   #4982
PilotMan
Head Coach

Raw Story isn't exactly the most neutral site, however, I'll argue that this is more a thought piece on how this shit happens and I'd argue, is exactly how it would play out here. We're already a couple steps down the road at this point. Given what Bannon has been saying, we're not far off of a few more after the 22 mid terms.

What would an American fascist government look like? - Raw Story - Celebrating 18 Years of Independent Journalism

I think this was the most rattling of the article:

Quote:
As dystopian as all this may sound, there are more governments in the world run this way today than there are democracies. It’s “normal.” Once established it’s almost impossible to dislodge without a crisis like the death of the Leader or an actual revolution.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 07:26 PM   #4983
cuervo72
Head Coach

Well-being of children, y'all.

New lawsuit seeks to block Texas trans child abuse investigations | The Texas Tribune

Quote:
According to the lawsuit, a 16-year-old transgender boy tried to kill himself the same day that Abbott issued the child abuse directive.

“[He] said that the political environment, including Abbott’s Letter, and being misgendered at school, led him to take these actions,” the lawsuit said.

He survived the attempt and was admitted to an outpatient psychiatric facility, where staff learned that he was undergoing hormone therapy. A week after he was discharged, an investigator from DFPS visited the family’s home and, according to the lawsuit, said that the psychiatric facility had reported the family for child abuse. The family remains under investigation.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 06-08-2022 at 07:26 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 06:24 AM   #4984
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

I HATE HATE HATE this, but it is the law working as intended. This was never about child safety; it was always about punishing trans kids and families for being different. And no one honestly pretended any differently.

The choice in America in 2022 is clear. You vote Dem, or you support this. It sucks that we ended up here. But pretending it isn't true does not make it any less true.

(And, yes, this is a subtweet to all the young liberals I follow on twitter who swear they aren't voting Dem anymore unless Biden drives to their house and cuts them a personal check for their student loan balance. And a bonus subtweet to all the young conservatives I follow who insist that they are "really more libertarian actually")
Old 06-09-2022, 07:15 AM   #4985
cuervo72
Head Coach

Well, it should also be a subtweet to the "third way" "I hate Trump but I'll never vote Blue" folks, too. Of course I figure a lot of them are really fine with this anyway, they just don't like Trump's loud mouth.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:19 AM   #4986
Ksyrup

Re the young Libertarians, have you seen what they believe? It's not anything close to the old "classical liberal" ideology. It's just another faction of Trumpism.
Old 06-09-2022, 01:41 PM   #4987
Thomkal
Head Coach

FBI today raided the home and arrested Michigan candidate for Governor Ryan Kelley for his participation in Jan 6 riots:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...date-rcna32761
Old 06-09-2022, 02:00 PM   #4988
GrantDawg

What's a few Trans kids lives if my gas is cheaper?
Old 06-09-2022, 02:07 PM   #4989
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
What's a few Trans kids lives if my gas is cheaper?

I don't get it. Did we finally find a way to turn Trans kids into gas?

Last edited by NobodyHere : 06-09-2022 at 02:10 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 02:10 PM   #4990
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
FBI today raided the home and arrested Michigan candidate for Governor Ryan Kelley for his participation in Jan 6 riots:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/jus...date-rcna32761

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
Old 06-09-2022, 02:14 PM   #4991
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I don't get it. Did we finally find a way to turn Trans kids into gas?

I think the point is people like trans kids are the collateral damage of the right's culture war that comes along with the economic benefits of voting GOP. Insert, "my 401k" or "lower taxes" or whatever else you want to put in there.
Old 06-09-2022, 02:34 PM   #4992
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Right. It isn't "I hate trans kids!" No, no. I love trans kids. I really do. But I'm also totally fine with a few trans kids dying if it means that my gas will be .50 cheaper per gallon.
Old 06-09-2022, 03:05 PM   #4993
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Right. It isn't "I hate trans kids!" No, no. I love trans kids. I really do. But I'm also totally fine with a few trans kids dying if it means that my gas will be .50 cheaper per gallon.
Yup. You could add women dying because of abortion laws, or school kids dying because of lack of gun restrictions. Hey, as long as gas is cheaper that is all that matters. Drill baby drill!
Old 06-09-2022, 03:20 PM   #4994
BYU 14
Coordinator

My boy Blake involved in this, only the best in Arizona. SMH

Crazy Video Shows Arizona GOP Candidate Attacks Man in BLM Shirt
Old 06-09-2022, 03:42 PM   #4995
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
My boy Blake involved in this, only the best in Arizona. SMH

Crazy Video Shows Arizona GOP Candidate Attacks Man in BLM Shirt

It really is incredible how the GOP treats the constitution like an ala carte menu. Will die to defend their second amendment rights, but fuck your first amendment rights!
Old 06-09-2022, 04:13 PM   #4996
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
It really is incredible how the GOP treats the constitution like an ala carte menu. Will die to defend their second amendment rights, but fuck your first amendment rights!

How about dude with cane telling him "you care about school children but not unborn babies murderer" as the complete irony of that statement went completely over his head.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:38 PM   #4997
RainMaker
General Manager

Garland has to be so uncomfortable watching this.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:50 PM   #4998
Atocep
Coordinator

Liz Cheney's opening statement was outstanding.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:54 PM   #4999
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Garland has to be so uncomfortable watching this.

Not watching. Is the committee calling him out for being a dickless wonder?
Old 06-09-2022, 07:56 PM   #5000
Ksyrup

I'm still of the opinion he was hired to do exactly nothing because that's what Biden wants. Biden doesn't want to do the right thing because it will usher in a new era of political criminal prosecutions - which is going to happen anyway, but he doesn't want that to be his legacy. Or something along those lines.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-09-2022 at 07:57 PM.