Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-04-2015, 09:08 PM   #3601
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Day 11 Results

You have decided that Zinto is working against the colony's best interest. You grab him and walk towards the oven... did you ever have that feeling that the hammer was about to drop...? Not this time, as you throw him in he shouts "Viva La Resistance!" and he is gone soon after.

Zinto was a CEO that was forced to resign as he was accused of insider trading. He fled to the colony to keep the investigation from leaking. He became a member of The Resistance and had duke powers.

-----------------------------------------

Your defense system has been upgraded.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #3602
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Night 11 Results

You find ntndeacon's body beaten badly. No note.

ntndeacon was an EMT on earth who had his identity stolen and he joined the colony to get away from the problems that caused him. He had an indirect hand in the death of an identity thief and achieved his win condition. He was a colonist through and through.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:18 PM   #3603
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Day 12 Options

Lynch vote

Day 12 has begun. The deadline is 10 PM EST.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:20 PM   #3604
Shoveler
High School Varsity

vote: grover
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:22 PM   #3605
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

End of day votes are allowed when everyone is set on their vote decision (since there are three left and this is end game one way or the other... make the right choice )
Old 03-04-2015, 09:23 PM   #3606
Thomkal
Head Coach

crap
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:24 PM   #3607
Shoveler
High School Varsity

end of day votes? is that to advance to the end if we are satisfied with our votes?
Old 03-04-2015, 09:25 PM   #3608
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

lol, this should show how rusty I am. We call them Nightfall votes, not end of day votes.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:25 PM   #3609
Shoveler
High School Varsity

ok I want to nightfall my vote..
Old 03-04-2015, 09:26 PM   #3610
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Raise your hand if you're still alive!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:28 PM   #3611
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
end of day votes? is that to advance to the end if we are satisfied with our votes?

Yes, if you are set on your vote you can Vote Nightfall

Once doing that there is no unvote of nightfall. If the vote has been determined by the locked in votes the day will be processed.

Basically to keep the game from just dragging out on the final day with so few players.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:29 PM   #3612
Shoveler
High School Varsity

ok guess I have to wait for these two, or at least one of them..
Old 03-04-2015, 09:46 PM   #3613
Thomkal
Head Coach

sorry shoveler, I'm going to keep you waiting till tomorrow.want to hear Grover's side of it.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:47 PM   #3614
Shoveler
High School Varsity

thats fine.. I'm sure he is innocent
Old 03-05-2015, 05:41 AM   #3615
Grover
Pro Starter

(OOC: Would have posted to end the day last night, but I fell asleep around 7:30! Sorry guys!)

And then there were three...

Thomkal, you have trusted me through yesterday and I feel I earned that trust. We found the remaining member of the Resistance. A man in Zinto who Shoveler had sided with in trying to oust me from the colony. You know that I am villager and that I am good. I am no murderer. I am but a humble astronaut and engineer trying to do the best for all of us.

Shoveler on the other hand, has played this very, very well. 'Accidentally' revealing his 'seer' role in that he can only search for the Angel of Mercy. Yet here we are, day 12 and he has still not found our Angel. It's very coincidental, don't you think? To be constantly searching for the Angel and never turning him up. It leaves me to one possible conclusion. The only reason why Shoveler has not found this Angel of Mercy is because he has pulled the wool over the entire colony's eyes. A man will never find and report what he is.

I believe that Shoveler is the Angel of Mercy and has been using the guise of slipping his role to all of us.

Thomkal, if you still have any trust in me, you will also vote for Shoveler. We need to be right. This is the only chance we have.

vote Shoveler

vote Nightfall

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:55 AM   #3616
Shoveler
High School Varsity

OOC: I have to take my son to his toddler class this morning and will not be back until after 11 EST. Go ahead and wrap this up when you make your decision thom.

Thom, you don't have great information to make this decision. We failed miserably in nailing down the AoM during the course of your reign over the colony. I blame myself, Grover was on the top of my interrogation list but I let doubt cloud my judgement.

So you have to choose one of us, if you choose correctly you get to live out the rest of your miserable life with one of us on Mars until the Russians land and turn us into Martian sex slaves, or you can choose to be smothered or strangled at night. Either way we all probably lose in the end.

You have trusted me to a degree this far, but I understand you have nothing real to work from. You mentioned that if I was the Angel of Mercy I must be a really good brand new WW player. I would compel you to look back at my day 0 and day 1 posts to see how bad I really was.

Grover is evil, that I can state with absolute certainty. But I will not fault you for making whichever decision you come up with. As I stated previously, had we done our jobs better we would have more information to use. I hope you took the opportunity to scan me last night.

Vote: Grover
Vote: Nightfall

Best of luck with your tough decision.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:12 AM   #3617
The Jackal
Coordinator

(In case anyone is following this thread and hasn't noticed, we've got signups for another game going aiming to start Monday: Werewolf CLXVI - The Drenai Saga (SIGNUPS OPEN!) - Front Office Football Central)
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #3618
The Jackal
Coordinator

Love it when games end like this. I know I screwed one up royally.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #3619
britrock88
Pro Starter

Thom has ~8 hours to decide the colony's fate...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 12:54 PM   #3620
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Going to be a long day.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:11 PM   #3621
Thomkal
Head Coach

sorry to hold up everyone here-just got back home and waiting for the mod to answer a question. Feel like I'm going to mess this up royally.

Oh I did end up recruiting (maybe) grover to the police force-was never told yes or no-but wanted it shown for the record

Last night I did not scan shoveler, so I truly do not know if he's the AoM or not. My scan is a wolf scan and either grover or Shoveler could be cunning or not scan as a wolf if they are a AoM. I thought the game would be over last night, but I figured ntn was the AoM, and most likely to survive of the players left, so I tried to jail him...only to find his broken bloody body when I went to jail him.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:20 PM   #3622
The Jackal
Coordinator

Old 03-05-2015, 03:24 PM   #3623
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post

What he said.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:49 PM   #3624
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
sorry to hold up everyone here-just got back home and waiting for the mod to answer a question. Feel like I'm going to mess this up royally.

Oh I did end up recruiting (maybe) grover to the police force-was never told yes or no-but wanted it shown for the record

Last night I did not scan shoveler, so I truly do not know if he's the AoM or not. My scan is a wolf scan and either grover or Shoveler could be cunning or not scan as a wolf if they are a AoM. I thought the game would be over last night, but I figured ntn was the AoM, and most likely to survive of the players left, so I tried to jail him...only to find his broken bloody body when I went to jail him.

Sorry, I didn't add that processing to the list since this lynch vote is pretty much end game so night results shouldn't come into play. Unless you want to vote for yourself and cause a three way tie and take a gamble on the tie breaker.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #3625
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Sorry, I didn't add that processing to the list since this lynch vote is pretty much end game so night results shouldn't come into play. Unless you want to vote for yourself and cause a three way tie and take a gamble on the tie breaker.

Heh at this point I might be willing to gamble on the tie breaker. I wouldn't be responsible then for the result, your dice would!
Old 03-05-2015, 04:00 PM   #3626
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Heh at this point I might be willing to gamble on the tie breaker. I wouldn't be responsible then for the result, your dice would!

Dont do that.. Just make a decision. Ultimately whether you pick right or wrong doesn't matter. Just makes for fun conversations in the future.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:07 PM   #3627
Shoveler
High School Varsity

and just to put numbers behind the reasoning.. you have a 50/50 shot right now if you don't have any information to back up your selection. If you let the dice do the work you have a 66% of losing the game as you put yourself at risk.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:27 PM   #3628
Thomkal
Head Coach

Okay question answered, though the answer did not help me (damn you EF! ) My scans would not have found the Angel of Mercy as it turns out. So Grover could be the AoM very easily, and without really anyone ever accusing him of being it. And that's with some pretty bright minds in this game (which mine isn't). He was against me during the election, and probably would have won it, leaving him pretty much indestructible for the rest of the game, especially if he got a police force that could guard him.

Shoveler on the other hand deserves to win this game or at least the Best player award no matter that he was in his first game. Especially if he's the AoM and fooled everybody in this game. I just find it hard to believe that we could get down to the last three players in the game and no AoM found. And his character's past is violent-working for the mafia and beating at least one player to death-hard to believe a "good" player could act that way in a WW game. And by no means a "cowardly" personality that the killer supposedly has. And at least two players said he watched over them after interrogating him.

He told me in our private chat and publicly that he got his powers after Schmidty was killed. That's the one item that has decided it for me-It very well could be a lie, but if its the truth I just can't ignore it. So sorry grover and sorry colonists if I'm wrong, but maybe just maybe the gods will be kind to me with this decision...

vote grover
vote nightfall

here's hoping I end up a Martian sex slave? rather than in an oven.
Old 03-05-2015, 04:54 PM   #3629
timmae
College Starter

well, it's all over except the outcome now. I'll go back through and dissect my play in the morning... quite a learning experience for sure.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:03 PM   #3630
Shoveler
High School Varsity

you made us wait all day.. now you have to wait for EF to post the results
Old 03-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #3632
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Day 12 Results

Two colonists had their minds made up on who the right vote was. The leader had to weigh all of the evidence and make his decision. Would it be one that would end with the colony winning (if having two colonists left is considered a win )? Only time and a GM that is sadistically trying to continue this paragraph before announcing the results would be able to tell...

Shoveler and Thomkal wrestle with Grover and drag him to the oven. They throw him in and pull the lever... Did anyone check him to see who he really was...?

You know that Grover spent time on the International Space Station. What you didn't know is that he wanted to spend the time there, he can't stand being around people. This feeling is more than just a casual, keep me alone, feeling. It points towards a dark side that lingers inside of his head. Then you find that he had a cache of cards that said Angel of Mercy.

The colony did not achieve their manor win condition of completing the colony and upgrades in time but they have eliminated all threats...

Then you hear the sounds, the sounds of something approaching the colony from outside. What is that sound? What could it be?

You look outside and see a dust cloud nearing. Leading the dust cloud is something that resembles a Ford Expedition? The craft stops no more than 20 yards from you. Doors open on each side and two figures step out. They are not wearing suits, they have adapted to this climate. Could this be the first colony?

"We have them." The first figure says over a communication device.

Then everything goes dark...

The colony has achieved their secondary victory of surviving the threats.

ROLL CREDITS!!!
Old 03-05-2015, 05:45 PM   #3633
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The Cast

Autumn - Chief of Staff of Boston General, forced to step down from a scandal. Colonist and Thomkal supporter.

Chief Rum - ER nurse, fled a tragedy filled life. Colonist and Thomkal supporter.

The Jackal - MIT Engineering Professor forced to resign due to a sex scandal. Colonist and Thomkal supporter.

britrock88 - Police officer accused of brutality. Colonist, police officer but joined the Truth Seekers and gained cunning ability.

Suicane75 - Politician who retired during accusations of accepting bribes. Colonist turned resistance member and gained cunning ability.

Schmidty - Reality TV star with a sex tape circulating. Colonist with a cameo.

fontisian - College history professor who stepped down in a pay for grades scandal. Colonist, leader, turned leader of The Resistance and gained brutal ability.

ntndeacon - EMT that had identity stolen. Colonist with no support for fontisian or Thomkal in the end. Outlived the identity thief and had a hand in his death.

Thomkal - Retired general with accusations of war crimes. Colonist that was elected sheriff, took over as the leader when declaring martial law. Had ability to order an officer to perform a wolf scan and protect, or do one of the abilities himself.

timmae - Blogger that was accused of identity theft. Colonist and Thomkal supporter.

Grover - Astronaut that spent time in the International Space Station with psychotic tendencies. Couldn't fight his urge to listen to the voices and became the Angel of Mercy.

JAG - High School football coach caught with deflated balls in his hands. Colonist assigned a position on the police force; Thomkal supporter.

saldana - City Planner involved in a pay to play scandal. Colonist that was not leading towards fontisian or Thomkal.

GoldenEagle - Computer programmer that was accused of being a hacker. Colonist turned cult member that gained the duke ability.

DanGarion - Religious zealot and cult leader. Colonist that wanted to grow his cult on Mars. Leader of the Truth Seekers that had brutal ability.

Raven - Farmer that lost a child to a cult. Colonist that killed the cult leader as revenge for his child. Supporter of Thomkal.

Danny - Bioengineer that was accused of unethical research. Had a cameo as a colonist.

Shoveler - Construction worker who was actually a mafia hitman. Colonist that became part of the government. Was recruited into the cult of the Truth Seekers but when the leader and the "original three members" were killed he returned to being a colonist. Had a "scan" ability to look for the Angel of Mercy that came with a potential price (as ntndeacon can attest).

Zinto - CEO accused of insider trading. Colonist turned member of The Resistance. Gained duke ability.

Narcizo - Chemist turned drug designer. Colonist and supporter of fontisian.

SharkN20 - Professional gamer accused of insurance and disability fraud. Colonist that was a supporter of Thomkal.

CrimsonFox - Russian Spy that was trying to keep the colony from establishing itself before the Russians arrived.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:47 PM   #3634
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Thank you to everyone for playing.

I went a little overboard with this one. Hope it was enjoyable. Learned my lesson to have a co-GM if going this big (in terms of rule-set) again.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:48 PM   #3635
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Well.. contrary to Thomkal's assessment, I made a huge mistake in this game. I tried to imagine how EF doled out the roles and I put timmae, grover, and shark into the "unlikely to be the AoM" list. Figuring he was less likely to assign a serial killer role to one of us new players.

On my last three interrogations I had two people selected and grover was always one of the two. I just kept finding reasons to go the other way, and they never panned out. Ended up killing two of them and the other one was critically hurt before I could interrogate them.

Part of the problem was I felt like the AoM should be knocking on my door at any time, but that never happened. Which also made me look very suspicious. I'm curious why grover never went for me, was it something to do with not being able to take out a player at full health?
Old 03-05-2015, 05:49 PM   #3636
timmae
College Starter

Just an awesome game. Much props EF!!
Old 03-05-2015, 05:51 PM   #3637
Zinto
College Starter

Thanks for running the game EF. It was a blast.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:51 PM   #3638
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Yeah, thanks for the game.. was a lot of fun..
Old 03-05-2015, 05:57 PM   #3639
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Part of the problem was I felt like the AoM should be knocking on my door at any time, but that never happened. Which also made me look very suspicious. I'm curious why grover never went for me, was it something to do with not being able to take out a player at full health?

My night actions were to set a trap, which would effect a random player. Once a player was weakened, I had the option to try and kill them, with the possibility of leaving a clue.

I think my biggest tip-off was trying to get new elections going a couple days ago, alas...

EF, thanks for running this. I had an awesome time with my first WW game. Can't wait for the next one!

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:57 PM   #3640
Raven
College Prospect

Thanks for hosting, EF!

And Congrats to Thomkal and Shoveler for picking the right guy.

I never once suspect Grover. Other than one person once saying something like "Grover seems too good to be true".

A few personal notes.
I had the gun pretty much the whole game. I discovered it around day 2 or 3. I was able to use it offensively or defensively. My character also had a personal goal of killing the cult leader. Once DanGarion admitted to being the "alledged cult leader", he was my target. I didn't use it early enough, because I thought that it might convert me into a wolf.

When I threw the whole Me vs Zinto thing out there, it was all because I had the gun. I figured if Zinto really was part of The Resistance, they would attack me that night, and I could use the gun to kill them. That plan ALMOST worked. I had 3 bullets, and killed DanGarion (Truth Seeker) that night, but that took 2 bullets. The 3rd bullet was used in defense when I was attacked, but I got a bad roll and missed my shot - ending in my own death.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:58 PM   #3641
Zinto
College Starter

I was overzealous with my anti-Thom talk the day after he was elected. I didn't know we were wolves before I posted the majority of it.(Also, that was all in character Thom)
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 05:58 PM   #3642
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
My night actions were to set a trap, which would effect a random player. Once a player was weakened, I had the option to try and kill them, with the possibility of leaving a clue.

I think my biggest tip-off was trying to get new elections going a couple days ago, alas...

EF, thanks for running this. I had an awesome time with my first WW game. Can't wait for the next one!

I had you pegged as resistance when you did that. Since I was informed that part of the win condition for the seekers was to obtain the leadership position.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:59 PM   #3643
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Thanks for hosting, EF!

And Congrats to Thomkal and Shoveler for picking the right guy.

I never once suspect Grover. Other than one person once saying something like "Grover seems too good to be true".

A few personal notes.
I had the gun pretty much the whole game. I discovered it around day 2 or 3. I was able to use it offensively or defensively. My character also had a personal goal of killing the cult leader. Once DanGarion admitted to being the "alledged cult leader", he was my target. I didn't use it early enough, because I thought that it might convert me into a wolf.

When I threw the whole Me vs Zinto thing out there, it was all because I had the gun. I figured if Zinto really was part of The Resistance, they would attack me that night, and I could use the gun to kill them. That plan ALMOST worked. I had 3 bullets, and killed DanGarion (Truth Seeker) that night, but that took 2 bullets. The 3rd bullet was used in defense when I was attacked, but I got a bad roll and missed my shot - ending in my own death.

Whew, dan sent me to kill you that night.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:02 PM   #3644
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Whew, dan sent me to kill you that night.

You weren't on my radar either. :/
I thought ntndeacon was the AoM...
Old 03-05-2015, 06:04 PM   #3645
Raven
College Prospect

Also, ZInto threw me off the night we were voting him vs shark. He wouldn't vote for me, and then instead of voting shark he voted Dan. Later he switched to shark to save himself, but I couldn't make sense of him voting for Dan instead of me/shrark. He duked to The Jackal that night though, so even if I had voted for him, I'm not sure the game result would have changed.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:04 PM   #3646
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
You weren't on my radar either. :/
I thought ntndeacon was the AoM...

Dan converted me the night after Thomkal promoted me. I was able to influence the lynch vote a little to protect dan and GE who were already on everyone's radars. I called out CF earlier than I would have just to get the votes off of dan or GE, I forget which.

But once Dan and his buddies left us for the Hale-Bopp comet, I bailed on the cultist life.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:06 PM   #3647
Raven
College Prospect

Oh one more thing...The night I died, Zinto and I went in to get the communicator and heard this message. I didn't get to reveal it before I died, and Zinto never mentioned it either....

The two of you walk into the landing pod to get to the communicator. As you reach there you realize that a third person is needed to retrieve this (see day 10 options post).

The communicator crackles to life...

"Are they being tracked?"

"Yes."

"When will they arrive?"

"Day 13."

"Then what happens?"

"Damage control."

(silence)
Old 03-05-2015, 06:25 PM   #3648
Shoveler
High School Varsity

I think my favorite part of the game was when thomkal lost faith in everyone after font and brit were killed. I was just converted and he sends me a PM about wanting me to stop talking to him if I was against him (which I suddenly was). So for obvious reasons I had to reply, and just told him I couldn't prove I was good, and neither could he. And then offered him a little nugget of truth to keep the good will flowing between us.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:35 PM   #3649
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Well not exactly what I expect but thanks everyone for playing specially CF, our fights were funny

See ya next time!
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:12 PM   #3650
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post

Yeah that didn't help your case Grover, nor zinto's either. I sat down to finally decide who I was going to vote for intending to vote for shoveler, then I reread some stuff and saw you really didn't say much to try to save yourself. If I had asked you to point me to evidence that you could not be the Angel of Mercy, I probably would had believed it. Meanwhile Shoveler quite patiently and kindly kept pointing out things to me to help his case. You both played great for this being your first game-so try not to be too disappointed that you lost because you fooled a lot of people and came /this/ close to winning.