St. Louis Blues vs Dallas Stars
Los Angeles Kings vs Arizona Coyotes

Pittsburgh Penguins vs Philadelphia Flyers
Toronto Maple Leafs vs Carolina Hurricanes
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:26 AM   #102
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Well, my prediction was right as we beat Minnesota in 6 games.

St. Louis Blues (45-31-6) vs Dallas Stars (44-33-5)

Season Stats

G - (STL) Tarasenko (28) - (DAL) Benn (36)
A - (STL) Jagr (46) - (DAL) Spezza (43)
P - (STL) Jagr (71) - (DAL) Spezza (69)
+/- (STL) Pietrangelo (28) - (DAL) Peverley (31)

Goalies: (STL) Elliott (2.65 GAA - .907%) - (DAL) Lehtonen (2.41 GAA - .923%)

GFPG: (STL) 3.195 (4) - (DAL) 2.780 (19)
GAPG: (STL) 2.841 (16) - (DAL) 2.537 (3)
PP%: (STL) 23.48% (2) - (DAL) 16.95% (21)
PK%: (STL) 77.19 (30) - (DAL) 86.97% (2)

Playoff Stats

G - (STL) Steen (5) - (DAL) Benn (4)
A - (STL) Elias (5) - (DAL) Seguin (6)
P - (STL) Elias (6) - (DAL) Seguin (9)
+/- (STL) Elias (5) - (DAL) Seguin (3)

Goalies: (STL) Elliott (2.52 GAA - .897%) - (DAL) Lehtonen (2.58 GAA - .925%)

GFPG: (STL) 3.5 - (DAL) 3.143
GAPG: (STL) 2.833 - (DAL) 3.143
PP%: (STL) 33.33 - (DAL) 18.75
PK%: (STL) 71.43 - (DAL) 89.13

Injuries: (STL) NONE - (DAL) Eaves - mild concussion [out], (DAL) Oleksiak - pending evaluation [out]

Dallas had the upper hand against us during the regular season and the key to this series for the Stars is goalie, Kari Lehtonen. He was excellent against us this season and we need to find a way to score early and often as they have firepower at the fowards like we do. Elliott needs to be steady for us in net and get his save percentage up as we have not allowed many shots on goal vs Minnesota.

Our top line needs to match their top line as far as points go and I believe we are a deeper team and better on defense. This series could go 7 games and I wouldn't be surprised if a few of these games go into OT.

My prediction is the Blues in 7 games.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:18 PM   #103
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Blues take Game one 3-2

Game one did not disappoint! Both teams came out ready to play and the action up and down the ice was furious! Spezza (4) would score to give Dallas a 1-0 lead late in the period, but Pietrangelo (3) would score to tie the game at 1. Backes would get hooked down on a breakaway with less than a minute left and was given a penalty shot but Lehtonen would make the save, 1-1 after one period. Cole scored his first of the playoffs and the only goal in the second period as the Blues would take the lead, 2-1 after two periods. In the third period, Cole (2) would send a puck to the net and Jamie Benn would deflect the shot into his own goal as the Blues would take a 3-1 lead. Less than 30 seconds after Cole's goal, Nichushkin would score his 4th goal of the playoffs and Dallas would pull within one goal, 3-2 late in the third period. It wouldn't be enough as the Blues would take game one, 3-2.

* Cole - 2 goals
** Spezza - 1 goal/1assist
*** Pietrangelo - 1 goal

STL - 27 shots
DAL - 25 shots

Other Scores:

There is a glitch in the game and no scores are shown for the other games...

ARI goes up 1-0 on LA
PHI goes up 1-0 on PIT
TOR goes up 1-0 on CAR

Eaves is out with a mild concussion and Oleksiak has a pulled groin but is cleared to play in Game 2.

The Blues will start RW Ty Rattie in Game 2 and will scratch Ryan Reaves. GM MizzouRah said it's nothing more than a 4th line move to get more speed on the ice and has been happy with Reaves play thus far in the playoffs.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 02-24-2015 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:46 AM   #104
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Dallas fights back, beat Blues 5-1

Another tight checking start to the game, but once again Dallas would score first, Roussel scores his first of the playoffs to put Dallas up 1-0, Lee (1) would score to tie the game but Eakin (1) would score to give Dallas a 2-1 lead after one period. Only one goal in the second period, Peverley (1) and Dallas goes up 3-1 after two periods. All Dallas in the third period as they get goals from Garbutt (5) and Benn (5). Kari Lehtonen was stellar in goal for Dallas, stopping 43 of 44 shots as Dallas wins 5-1 to even the series at one.

* Lehtonen - 1.00 GAA/43 SV/97 SV%
** Garbutt - 1 goal/2 assists
*** Roussel - 1 goal/1 assist

STL - 44 shots
DAL - 26 shots

Other Scores:

LA 3 - 1 ARZ (series tied 1-1)
TOR 3 - 1 CAR (TOR leads 2-0)
PIT 6 - 5 PHI (series tied 1-1)

Dillion is out pending evaluation and Oleksiak is still nursing a pulled groin but will play in Game 3.

The series shifts to Dallas tied 1-1. Dmitrij Jaskin will be inserted into the 4th line and Ty Rattie is sent back down to the AHL.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:21 PM   #105
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Blues rebound against the Stars, win 4-1

Blues score first for the first time in the series, Lapierre (2) to put the Blues up 1-0, Berglund would score his 5th of the playoffs to put the Blues up 2-0 after one period. Jagr scores his first of the playoffs and the Blues go up 3-0, Backes would go down with an injury but Stastny would take over, scoring his 3rd goal of the playoffs and the Blues would lead 4-0. Hemsky (2) would score the lone Dallas goal to get within 3 goals, 4-1 Blues after two periods. There would be no more goals and the Blues would take game three, 4-1 and go up 2-1 in the series.

* Elliott - 1.00 GAA/23 SV/95 SV%
** Stastny - 1 goal/1 assist
*** Hemsky- 1 goal

DAL - 24 shots
STL - 45 shots

Other Scores:

ARZ 5 - 1 LA (ARZ leads 2-1)
CAR 1 - TOR 2 (TOR leads 3-0)
PHI 3 - 1 PIT (PHI leads 2-1)

Backes is out pending evaluation and for the Stars, Dillon is out with a sore shoulder.

Lehtera is called up and will center the 4th line. Stastny will center the first line with Steen and Oshie.

Game 4 continues in Dallas with the Blues up 2 games to 1.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:32 AM   #106
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Stars even series behind stellar goal tending from Lehtonen, shutout Blues 3-0

Both teams would come out playing well and both goal tenders would stop all first period shots, no score after one period. In the second period, Garbutt (6) would score to put the Stars up 1-0 and then Sceviour would score his first goal of the playoffs to put the Stars up 2-0 after two periods. In the third period, Hemsky (3) would score on a 5 on 3 power play and the Stars would even the series at two games with a 3-0 win over the Blues.

* Lehtonen - 0.00 GAA/36 SV/100 SV%
** Garbutt - 1 goal
*** Eakin - 2 assists

DAL - 25 shots
STL - 36 shots

Other Scores:

ARZ 2 - 6 LA (series tied 2-2)
CAR 3 - 2 TOR (TOR leads 3-1)
PHI 1 - 2 PIT (series tied 2-2)

Backes is out with a pulled groin for the Blues and Dillion is nursing a sore shoulder but will play.

Game 5 shifts back to St. Louis in a pivotal game for both teams.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:43 PM   #107
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Blues take control of series, beat Stars 5-2

Ian Cole would score his 3rd goal of the playoffs to put the Blues up 1-0, but Spezza (5) would score for Dallas to tie the game 1-1 after one period. The Blues would take control in the second period with goals from Steen (6), Elias (2) and Paajarvi (1), Hemsky (4) would score on the power play and after two periods, the Blues would lead 4-2. In the third period, Berglund (6) would score on the power play to put the Blues up 5-2 and that's how the game would end, Blues 5 - Dallas 2. There was a total of 7 power plays in the game.

* Elliott - 2.01 GAA/36 SV/94 SV%
** Bouwmeester - 2 assists
*** Elias - 1 goal

STL - 40 shots
DAL - 38 shots

Other Scores:

LA 3 - 1 ARZ (LA leads 3-2)
TOR 6 - 0 CAR (TOR wins series 4-1)
PIT 6 - 0 PHI (PIT leads 3-2)

Backes is out with a pulled groin and Lee is out pending evaluation so Philip Larsen will suit up in Game 6 for the Blues. Dallas is healthy.

Game 6 goes back to Dallas in a must win for the Stars. The Blues are looking to finish off Dallas and advance to the Western Conference Final.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:53 PM   #108
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

We are going to a Game 7, Stars beat Blues 6-4

Seguin (4) would get the Stars on board 1-0, but Larsson would score his first playoff goal to tie the game. Jagr (2) would score to put the Blues up 2-1. Dallas would score the next two goals, Scevioun (2) and Nichushkin (5) and would lead 3-2 after one period. Cole would score his 4th goal of the playoff to put Dallas up 4-2. Shattenkirk (2) would score to get the Blues within one goal 4-3 after two periods. Nichushkin (6) would score on the 5 on 3 power play to put Dallas up 5-3. Steen (7) would score and the Blues would once again get within one goal 5-4. Benn (6) would score an EN and Dallas would send this series back to St. Louis for game 7.

* Seguin - 1 goal - 1 assist
** Nichushkin - 2 goals
*** Larsson - 1 goal - 1 assist

DAL - 27
STL - 37

Other Scores:

ARZ 1 - 3 LA (LA wins series 4-2)
PHI 3 - 1 PIT (series tied 3-3)

Backes is out with a pulled groin and Lee also has a pulled groin and is out. For Dallas, Morin has an injured foot, but will play in Game 7.

Game 7 goes back to St. Louis and the winner of this game will play LA for the Conference title.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:46 PM   #109
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Behind Lehtonen, Dallas ends Blues season, 1-0

Dallas Goalie, Kari Lehtonen was magnificent, stopping a barrage of 40 shots from the Blues who gave all they had in Game 7, but a second period goal by Peverley (2) was all the Stars needed to win Game 7 and the series over the Blues, 1-0.

STL - 40
DAL - 18

"We threw everything we could at Lehtonen and then some, he was superman tonight, joked an upbeat Ken Hitchcock." "I'm proud of our team, it was anyone's Game and we just couldn't grind out a goal." "I'm going to enjoy the rest of the playoffs and then figure out what we need to do next season to make another run. There will be some roster changes for sure, but I've really enjoyed this team and what we accomplished this season." "Losing our Captain for the second straight season had an impact for sure, but we were a deep team and I credit Dallas and their staff for the way they played us. Beating Chicago in 7 games and then us in 7 games is quite a remarkable run, I wish them luck the rest of the way."

* Lehtonen - 0.00 GAA/40SV/100 SV%
** Peverley - 1 goal
*** Elliott - 1.01 GAA/17 SV/94 SV%

Other Scores:

PIT 5 - 2 PHI (PIT wins series 4-3)

Conference Championships:

Los Angeles Kings (47-30-5) vs Dallas Stars (44-33-5)
Pittsburgh Penguins (51-23-8) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (43-32-7)
Old 03-08-2015, 12:49 PM   #110
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Blues Playoff Stats:

Steen - 7 goals
Bouwmeester - 7 assists
Elias/Stastny/Steen - 8 points
Cole - +8
Elliott - (7-6) 2.63 GAA/0.896 SV%
Old 03-08-2015, 12:55 PM   #111
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Other Scores:

LA 2 - 3 DAL (DAL leads 1-0)
PIT 1 - 3 TOR (TOR leads 1-0)

LA 3 - 7 DAL (DAL leads 2-0)
PIT 2 - 1 TOR (series tied 1-1)

DAL 0 - 1 LA (DAL leads 2-1)
TOR 3 - 5 PIT (PIT leads 2-1)

DAL 1 - 2 LA (series tied 2-2)
TOR 3 - 1 PIT (series tied 2-2)

LA 3 -2 DAL (LA leads 3-2)
PIT 3 - 1 TOR (PIT leads 3-2)

DAL 3 - 1 LA (series tied 3-3)
TOR 1 - 2 PIT (PIT wins series 4-2)

LA 2 - 1 DAL (LA wins series 4-3)

Stanley Cup Championship:

Los Angeles Kings (47-30-5) PL (12-7) vs Pittsburgh Penguins (51-23-8) PL (12-6)
Old 03-08-2015, 10:24 PM   #112
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The Kings beat the Penguins in Game 7 to win back to back Stanley Cup Championships!

Jonathan Quick won the Conn Smythe Trophy.

Martin St. Louis, Pavel Datsyuk, Zdeno Chara were notable players that retired.

Connor McDavid was drafted 1st by the Washington Capitals.

I signed all the players from my team I wanted to keep and in free agency I didn't land one player I offered a contract too, they all went to other teams.

I did manage a huge trade for Patrick Marleau, sending D Ian Cole and my 2016 first round and 2017 second round pick to San Jose.

We are going to use some of our stashed youth this season, so I shall see how it goes in year #2.

We did lose our home opener 5-3 to Tampa Bay.

This ends my dynasty as I don't think I'm going to have as much time with Spring stuff starting up. I'm going to try to get through another season and I'll post an update here and there. Thanks for following along, it was a fun season!

Last edited by MizzouRah : 03-08-2015 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 05:33 AM   #113
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Ugh, sorry to hear about the loss. Must have driven you crazy that 3rd period. Any idea how many times you were shutout in the year? Crazy game sometimes...
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:57 AM   #114
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Ugh, sorry to hear about the loss. Must have driven you crazy that 3rd period. Any idea how many times you were shutout in the year? Crazy game sometimes...

Yeah, I came so close with about 30 seconds left in the game too.

I was shutout around 4-6 times I'm guessing.