Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #501
saldana
Pro Starter

that is a lot of phasers to hand out to people that we know nothing about....
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #502
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
There is no assurance that an officer is less likely to be a Spawn that non-officer. I think if we are going to selectively pass out guns the focus should be on cleared vs non-cleared rather than officer vs non-officer.

Also, don't we want all of our security personnel to be armed since they get a bonus to prevent attacks if they have a weapon? I thought that everyone got some bonus in the past, but that might be my memory playing tricks on me since I could not find this in the rules.

That is a valid point - and one that Danny jumped on as well, which is why he gave the security personnel weapons too. I was just saying that we would want to keep the ranked officers alive right now, but obviously once we start clearing people, we are going to want to protect them longer.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #503
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
lol...that sucks. Hope we both get credit.
In this instance I've given you both the bonus as the posting was clearly simultaneous. As we saw from Danny catching up can be hard and I'd rather encourage aids to helping people catch up than bicker over who gets credit.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #504
Danny
Head Coach

GoIng into the pOol be back later
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #505
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
In this instance I've given you both the bonus as the posting was clearly simultaneous. As we saw from Danny catching up can be hard and I'd rather encourage aids to helping people catch up than bicker over who gets credit.

Woot!

(Bows lovingly before the altar of BK on quarter walls, creeping out roommate fellow security crewman dubb. Dubb almost decides to shoot Chief Rum.)

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #506
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I think this is a secret message based on the capitals here. GIO clearly has some deep meaning that needs to be decoded.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #507
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FWIW, no need to hand out a phaser to PF, as he comes with a handy three shot phaserooni.

BK, do those of us assigned guns need to accept these in order to receive them, or is it enough that the Sergeant of Arms has marked them as checked out to us?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #508
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
FWIW, no need to hand out a phaser to PF, as he comes with a handy three shot phaserooni.

BK, do those of us assigned guns need to accept these in order to receive them, or is it enough that the Sergeant of Arms has marked them as checked out to us?
You automatically receive it once you've been designated by the S-o-A.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #509
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

BK, another math question

Engineers can supervise men (up to 4) and can supervise slaves (up to 6)
Slaves work in pairs only and 2 slaves can do 1 cycle of work.
One man can do 1 cycle of work

Still with me?

Okay it also says engineers can supervise combinations of slaves/men (up to 4 it says).
How does that work?

Does it work like this?

3 men (3 workcycles) + 2 slaves (1 work cycle) = 4 work cycles complete?

The fact that is says UP TO 4 (for the combo of people) is weird since if you have 3 men and 1 slave that is the equivalent of 3 men since 1 slave can do nothing by himself.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #510
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Do we automatically get the phasers or do we have to pm barBarkeep to get them
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #511
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

OFFICERS,
Are you taking people out to missions today?
If not, can you please assign people to Warehouse 1 conversion detail. If we don't have enough we'll use slaves but that may screw up the math. Not sure. If we get four men on conversion detail and simbo supervises, we will finish Warehouse 1. Chief Rum has already gone to WH1 so we just need 3 more.

SIMBO,
As long as you submit an order to supervise work on WH1 then whoever else does, you will use their numbers. Problem is if we don't get enough to do that (3 more), you will have to get some slaves.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #512
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
BK, another math question

Engineers can supervise men (up to 4) and can supervise slaves (up to 6)
Slaves work in pairs only and 2 slaves can do 1 cycle of work.
One man can do 1 cycle of work

Still with me?

Okay it also says engineers can supervise combinations of slaves/men (up to 4 it says).
How does that work?

Does it work like this?

3 men (3 workcycles) + 2 slaves (1 work cycle) = 4 work cycles complete?

The fact that is says UP TO 4 (for the combo of people) is weird since if you have 3 men and 1 slave that is the equivalent of 3 men since 1 slave can do nothing by himself.
You could have 2 regular crew plus 2 slaves being supervised. That would be 4 people. You have you have 3 men and 1 slave that gives you 3 cycles of completed work as the 1 slave does nothing.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #513
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

And since nobody has any suggestions on who to train for what role (galley master, medic, etc) I'll hold off on that order til tomorrow unless somebody has a better idea
Old 06-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #514
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
You could have 2 regular crew plus 2 slaves being supervised. That would be 4 people. You have you have 3 men and 1 slave that gives you 3 cycles of completed work as the 1 slave does nothing.

okay was afraid of that. Okay so it's 3 workcycles if it's 2/2 or 3/1 or 0/6. GOt it!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #515
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

So am I supposed to go to warehouse 1 or 2, or am I being promoted to something else or what? I'm done drinking booze and playing with the laptop in my bunk, ready to swing something heavy.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #516
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
And since nobody has any suggestions on who to train for what role (galley master, medic, etc) I'll hold off on that order til tomorrow unless somebody has a better idea

I don't think waiting is a good idea but you can discuss with the officers.
If no one else has great desires for any , just choose one that you think we need most.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #517
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
OFFICERS,
If not, can you please assign people to Warehouse 1 conversion detail. If we don't have enough we'll use slaves but that may screw up the math. Not sure. If we get four men on conversion detail and simbo supervises, we will finish Warehouse 1. Chief Rum has already gone to WH1 so we just need 3 more.

SIMBO,
As long as you submit an order to supervise work on WH1 then whoever else does, you will use their numbers. Problem is if we don't get enough to do that (3 more), you will have to get some slaves.

Isn't the First Officer the only one who can assign away missions?
Old 06-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #518
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Either that or I can go watch my laser disc copy of Samurai Cop again.

FUCK EA
Old 06-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #519
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I can't say I'm a huge fan of this plan. Any random group of 4 has a good chance to produce a potential spawn methinks.

Also I'm not sure YOU are clear at this point.

In the past I've seen doctors pull people in to infect as well as doctors get infected by those they pull in.

One bad apple in that brig would be game over for us methinks. Excuse me if I haven't seen enough yet to blindly trust 4 people with the fate of the game.

Was there a way for us to scan the doc? In the past we had a 2nd medic or could train one to take on that position and help us validate the doc, but I didn't see that 2nd medical person listed when I looked at the rules earlier.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #520
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
So am I supposed to go to warehouse 1 or 2, or am I being promoted to something else or what? I'm done drinking booze and playing with the laptop in my bunk, ready to swing something heavy.

LOL counds like Julio wants to be a nurse

A big ole leadpipe swingin, booze guzzlin nurse.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #521
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I've said throughout the day I think you should probably make a galley master out of Julio. We can possibly make a medic tomorrow out of someone.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #522
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Isn't the First Officer the only one who can assign away missions?

I have no idea. Just updating you officers on the current engineering needs.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #523
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Was there a way for us to scan the doc? In the past we had a 2nd medic or could train one to take on that position and help us validate the doc, but I didn't see that 2nd medical person listed when I looked at the rules earlier.

We have to make a trainer before we can make another doctor. If saldana dies and we have a medic, the medic has a 15% chance to be promoted to doctor.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #524
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
I don't think waiting is a good idea but you can discuss with the officers.
If no one else has great desires for any , just choose one that you think we need most.

Personally,i think medic is most important. If I recall correctly all other Spawn games have started with two or more medical professionals
Old 06-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #525
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

don't fart!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #526
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
OFFICERS,

SIMBO,

CF, Autumn has planned two missions for tomorrow. LSG is probably reassigning a person. I will be filling in orders for people that don't show up more than likely.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #527
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
CF, Autumn has planned two missions for tomorrow. LSG is probably reassigning a person. I will be filling in orders for people that don't show up more than likely.

cool. Just keeping you guys updated.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #528
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Personally,i think medic is most important. If I recall correctly all other Spawn games have started with two or more medical professionals

I think we'll probably want both a medic and a galley master, not sure which first would be the most efficient.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #529
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
that is a lot of phasers to hand out to people that we know nothing about....

For the first night, with little-to-no spawn out there a possibility, I think we're okay. Better safe than sorry - the fact they go right back into the pool and as we can more cleared people, it will allow us to better allocate them as the days go on.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #530
hoopsguy
General Manager

Heading out for awhile, not sure if I'll be back for deadline.

I don't think that there is a meaningful chance at getting a lynch today, based on the discussion. But for those advocating no lynch, how long do we go with the "we need everyone to do work!" logic and let the enemy target our people without working towards voting records?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #531
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Spawn can mutate people in any location right? As long as the spawn is with a person? And is daytime safe from conversion or can spawn convert you anytime?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #532
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Heading out for awhile, not sure if I'll be back for deadline.

I don't think that there is a meaningful chance at getting a lynch today, based on the discussion. But for those advocating no lynch, how long do we go with the "we need everyone to do work!" logic and let the enemy target our people without working towards voting records?

I'd have to think we need to start having that discussion tomorrow. Like you said, the longer we sit back and try to just focus on the ship, the more likely we are to lose that fight in the long run. That's not to say I wouldn't be up for it tonight, but I can't imagine much support for that (and honestly, I think our odds are pretty low tonight)
Old 06-18-2012, 07:08 PM   #533
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I've said throughout the day I think you should probably make a galley master out of Julio. We can possibly make a medic tomorrow out of someone.

Sorry, I must have missed each of those posts.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #534
Barkeep49
Coordinator

You're being watched by the friendly eyes of PackerFanatic in the Security HQ.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #535
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Just wanted to point out both Shiggles and Crimson are on right now
Old 06-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #536
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
You're being watched by the friendly eyes of PackerFanatic in the Security HQ.

Makes a demo tape into the camera for him.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #537
Shiggles
Mascot

Wow, ok, so lots of posts. Ill have to check more frequently on what people are doin, and deadline is 6 P.M. which timezone? im hoping its my time lol, or i might have missed out on a potential oppurtunity to do things, PM will be incoming mr Barkeep momentarily. So i have been volunteered to a conversion assignment for day 1 which i am fine with, now that we have the water situation at least under some handle.

2 cents, priorities are, scanning and making sure we have a scanner that is also not tainted/ protected whilst scanning others (dont assign a non-scanned bodyguard lol, would be awkward) and having multiple scanners leads to more successes, or more scanners as the spawns would like it if they all were eaten/spawnlings. It seems that time spent getting ourselves into a "defensible position" aka, making sure we are scanned clean, and protected, we could spend our time doing the missions in more controlled measures, but that could take too long and the spawns would gain a foothold and start offing some of us. Starting the conversions on the buildings which dont work for us, great plan. As for the objections for the conversion of buildings which are of use to us, understood, as long as they dont get sabotaged while we werent looking. If someone is converting them, do they also count as guarding? aka, oh i just randomly decided to convert for 1 cycle the water processing unit, and there was a spawn attack trying to sabotage it. Do they get to defend it?

As for meeee, i think i'll jump on one of the conversion teams now. Miners HO!

Vote No Execute! no one has done anything wrong yet, we can start scrutinizing behavior tomorrow, depending on the events of today/tonight.
Shiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #538
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

That 6PM deadline was just for away missions - and I believe all times are Eastern.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:24 PM   #539
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

No execute
Old 06-18-2012, 07:25 PM   #540
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
That 6PM deadline was just for away missions - and I believe all times are Eastern.
This is correct. Day 1 ends in about 90 minutes.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #541
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Do we know exactly who hasn't checked in yet? A quick look at just post counts leads me to Simbo, Schmidty, DV, and mauboy.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #542
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Okay I now see DV came in to vote and post a couple other things, but I am pretty sure the other three have still not posted during the game.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #543
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Looks like mauboy has one post during the game as well - definitely nothing from Simbo or Schmidty yet.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #544
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Ah bloody hell.

Vote No Excute

Fire Phaser into the crowd
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:30 PM   #545
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Shiggles , you can submit an action to go convert Warehouse 1 under engineer supervision if you have nothing else to do. Simbo will submit a supervise order later (hopefully)
Old 06-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #546
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Ah bloody hell.

Vote No Excute

Fire Phaser into the crowd

isn't that "vote russian roulette" then?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #547
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Shiggles , you can submit an action to go convert Warehouse 1 under engineer supervision if you have nothing else to do. Simbo will submit a supervise order later (hopefully)

but you have to PM barkeep to do so.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #548
Shiggles
Mascot

PM has been sent, although massively confusing, i wonder if i get special points for making him have to follow arrows to different decisions based on what people have said? Im probably gonna get eaten tonight by the last rabid wombat on the planet :-P
Shiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #549
Barkeep49
Coordinator

You hear whistling. First it heads in one direction. Then another. Perhaps it's actually coming from a third way? Finally it seems to settle down and you discover the melody emerging from Shiggles lips at Warehouse 1.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #550
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I can be a nurse if you want. The booze comes in handy for sanitizing those friggin' wounds.

FUCK EA