Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-27-2007, 09:46 PM   #701
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Yes, lets point out the detective to the mafia while he can still might live..we hoped you would take your votes off and he would be safe...im not just pointing the finger at you, but your blowing smoke right now

I dunno, cronin said the exact same thing I did, he missed it too. To be honest, I don't take much stock in "hints" like that, it's too easy to read whatever you want into something like that and draw whatever conclusion you feel like.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #702
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Dola, I don't think I've ever heard of OOPTC....
it may be spelled wrong but im thinking something like off topic or on another topic
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:47 PM   #703
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
You're not the only one. I switched my vote, DaddyTorgo switched his vote. That was it. Then I asked hoo about who had investigated him since I had been sure he would have said something if it had been made clear to him that ntn had been his investigator.

But that's why you and the other ntn voters, especially the late ones are now at the top of my list. There are bad guys in that list, I have no doubt.

A bad guy, probably. Multiple depends on how many bad guys there are, I'm sure they would be hesitant to be those kind of linkages early on. I dunno, I'll certainly admit it is at least something.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #704
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post
completey off topic but what does the DOLA and OOPTC??? Stand for?

do you mean OOTP?

it is a game Out of the Park...a baseball text sim
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #705
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I dunno, cronin said the exact same thing I did, he missed it too. To be honest, I don't take much stock in "hints" like that, it's too easy to read whatever you want into something like that and draw whatever conclusion you feel like.

Cronin also voted for one of the people claiming to be able to clear themselves, and is my top target by a long shot...just saying, you could have picked anyone and made your point better.

I see what your trying to say, and i dont think were going to see eye to eye any time soon
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:49 PM   #706
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola -

or

OOC:?
which I use for Out of Character for real life stuff
Old 02-27-2007, 09:50 PM   #707
SnDvls
Pro Starter

damn you blade blocking my dola
Old 02-27-2007, 09:52 PM   #708
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Here's my point. Day four, yeah I agree with you because there's some info out there and maybe a hint isn't gonna cut it.

But day one, you pay attention to hints like that and give the person giving the hint the benefit of the doubt rather than lynch a good guy with no info.

There's plenty of time to have the story checked out. Err on the side of caution day 1. Otherwise we risk losing someone valuable. Like we just did.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:52 PM   #709
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Cronin also voted for one of the people claiming to be able to clear themselves, and is my top target by a long shot...just saying, you could have picked anyone and made your point better.

I see what your trying to say, and i dont think were going to see eye to eye any time soon

To be honest, my vote was almost completely the day 1 ntn vote I've been talking about for several weeks. I really just kind of stopped thinking about it, which was probably a mistake, but I didn't feel like causing more stress.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:54 PM   #710
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Here's my point. Day four, yeah I agree with you because there's some info out there and maybe a hint isn't gonna cut it.

But day one, you pay attention to hints like that and give the person giving the hint the benefit of the doubt rather than lynch a good guy with no info.

There's plenty of time to have the story checked out. Err on the side of caution day 1. Otherwise we risk losing someone valuable. Like we just did.

I was just rereading that portion of the thread, and I thought he was talking about the RULES. I didn't even realize it was a hint.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:54 PM   #711
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
After this, which is the hint, ITC and Swaggs voted for ntn, and JE voted for ITC instead of the run toward bsak. Plus those who kept their vote on ntn of course.

This is where we should be looking instead of trying to read something into a secret judge vote.

With all due respect, I did not pick up on that. I think ntn could have made things a bit more obvious, since his behind was on the line at such a late hour. Obviously, if I would have been able to pick up on that, I would not have voted for him.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:57 PM   #712
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I think there are more detectives. It would be pretty stupid to only have one in this game full of crime. So we lost one, but it isn't the end of the world.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:57 PM   #713
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

And I voted for anxiety as a judge.... I probably wont vote for him again, but i wont be voting for blade or daddy either. Both of them are too good at being bad.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:58 PM   #714
Tyrith
College Starter

Like I said, i'm pretty sure there are 3 detectives at least, because I have seen detective IDs 2 and 3 so far
Old 02-27-2007, 10:00 PM   #715
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
And I voted for anxiety as a judge.... I probably wont vote for him again, but i wont be voting for blade or daddy either. Both of them are too good at being bad.

awwww thanks LSG
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:03 PM   #716
Tyrith
College Starter

How about JE for judge?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:04 PM   #717
st.cronin
General Manager

So the tide has turned against Anxiety for judge. Here are two candidates I would like us to consider:

Hoopsguy and Tyrith: received some throwaway votes, so its probable that the mafia/neutrals DON'T want them as judge.

I would prefer hoopsguy, but I would like to hear from both of them as to whether they would want the position.

knives out
Old 02-27-2007, 10:06 PM   #718
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I will need to reread this tomorrow. IO am drunk and just won $4200 in a poker tournament and am chipleader in another.

Sr. Cronin, PM me
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:08 PM   #719
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
So the tide has turned against Anxiety for judge. Here are two candidates I would like us to consider:

Hoopsguy and Tyrith: received some throwaway votes, so its probable that the mafia/neutrals DON'T want them as judge.

I would prefer hoopsguy, but I would like to hear from both of them as to whether they would want the position.

I'd be fine with hoopsguy for now.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:08 PM   #720
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I will need to reread this tomorrow. IO am drunk and just won $4200 in a poker tournament and am chipleader in another.

Sr. Cronin, PM me

Oh, I will. I've actually decided to wait til spring break, when I'll have some time.

To the ww players: This is a poker thing, not a game thing.

knives out
Old 02-27-2007, 10:13 PM   #721
Tyrith
College Starter

I'd be okay with hoopsguy, but he's dangerous as hell.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:15 PM   #722
Tyrith
College Starter

Furthermore, I wouldn't nominate myself as judge because 1) I voted for ntn, so there is some basis for suspicion and 2) right now I think I'm probably a little too controversial.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:15 PM   #723
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I'd be okay with hoopsguy, but he's dangerous as hell.

What about you? Is there any reason you wouldn't make a good judge? You don't have to tell us the reason, just curious if there is one.

knives out
Old 02-27-2007, 10:19 PM   #724
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:

Sr. Cronin, PM me

how are you still playing online poker? Neteller still has all of GE's money and wont give it back.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:20 PM   #725
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll put it this way - I'm on my own personal list of people I would like to see in the position, but I'll probably campaign harder against keeping certain elements out of the judge position.

There should be at least two people out there with some kind of information on me. If they perceive me as a threat, they should speak up so we move ahead with another judge, process the info as a group, etc.

Truth be told, with the way I've communicated with some of the folks around here I would be stunned if I could attract a majority of votes. Which is fine with me; if I'm not the judge I'll carve out my destiny here in some other fashion.

Do I get a gavel to bang if elected to office? That would be nice ... and maybe one of those barrister wigs.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:20 PM   #726
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

going to bed....dont type too much between now and 8 am central
Old 02-27-2007, 10:21 PM   #727
st.cronin
General Manager

Great, both my candidates basically said "uh, no."

knives out
Old 02-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #728
hoopsguy
General Manager

But for now I'm going to get some sleep.

I agree with most of what path12 has posted in the last hour in terms of reading the situation. I would likely endorse him as a candidate if we are looking at alternate solutions.

Other feelings based on the Day 1 vote:
- DaddyTorgo moved away from NTN after his posts, ended up on Bsak16. Slight positive.
- ImTheCrew voted for Ntndeacon, no reasons provided. Negative.
- Swaggs voted for Ntndeacon to avoid tie, making vote 6-2 at the time. Negative.
- Jonathan Ezarik puts vote on ImTheCrew with 6-4 vote. Baffling and negative.
- path12 listed above. Positive.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #729
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

My guess? You and tyrith are wolves...you 2, with sndvls, have been my list the whole day...tyrith defended you early, was apart of the ntn vote, and now your nominating him for judge.

I think you just tossed hoops in there to cover that up since hes generally trusted more then most.

But your move in regards to tyrith only adds to my doubt that you are among the good of this city
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #730
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Great, both my candidates basically said "uh, no."

Not an outright "no" - I'll serve if elected. But I've got my own agenda as well, related into the break-ins to my systems.

I'm going to re-read some Hardy Boys mysteries and try to figure out who had motive and opportunity to come after me. And no, I'm not a professional detective, #3 or otherwise.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:30 PM   #731
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
- Jonathan Ezarik puts vote on ImTheCrew with 6-4 vote. Baffling and negative.

My vote is pretty simple to explain. I didn't think ntn was evil, and I didn't think bsak was evil. I also missed the last couple of votes on bsak. When I voted for ITC, I thought bsak only had a couple votes on him. It appeared to me that ntn was running away with it, so I went with the person who voted for ntn without stating a reason for the vote.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:32 PM   #732
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The Big City Herald
7th Edition

Basketball shocker!

All of the "smart" money appeared to be on Kansas St to pull out the win, but an upset was brewing in the Big City Arena tonight. Oklahoma St pulled out the impressive victory 84-70. In other news, bookies all around town were seen jumping off of bridges.

Pawn Shop deals!

Guns for $1750.00, Bullets for $200! Get them while they last, at your local Big City Pawn shop!

Courtroom used for Blackjack tournament

THe Big City chamber of commerce had a controversial blackjack tournament in the Big City Courthouse today, with the main tables being in the central courtroom itself. Many opposed to the tournament pointed to the recent crimewave as a sign that the city is not serious against crime. Others for the tournament responded, "Deal me in!"
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:32 PM   #733
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Not an outright "no" - I'll serve if elected. But I've got my own agenda as well, related into the break-ins to my systems.

I'm going to re-read some Hardy Boys mysteries and try to figure out who had motive and opportunity to come after me. And no, I'm not a professional detective, #3 or otherwise.

Quote:
My guess? You and tyrith are wolves...you 2, with sndvls, have been my list the whole day...tyrith defended you early, was apart of the ntn vote, and now your nominating him for judge.

I think you just tossed hoops in there to cover that up since hes generally trusted more then most.

But your move in regards to tyrith only adds to my doubt that you are among the good of this city

Ok, well then, partly to gain the trust of Blade, and partly to befuddle Hoopsguy, I am announcing in thread that I am voting for HOOPSGUY as JUDGE. I will send a pm to Alan T immediately.

I encourage all villagers to do likewise, UNLESS SOMEBODY COMES FORWARD WITH A GOOD REASON WHY HE SHOULD NOT BE JUDGE.

knives out
Old 02-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #734
Swaggs
Coordinator

I am willing to vote for hoopsguy for judge, as well.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:40 PM   #735
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
The Big City Herald
7th Edition

Basketball shocker!

All of the "smart" money appeared to be on Kansas St to pull out the win, but an upset was brewing in the Big City Arena tonight. Oklahoma St pulled out the impressive victory 84-70. In other news, bookies all around town were seen jumping off of bridges.

Pawn Shop deals!

Guns for $1750.00, Bullets for $200! Get them while they last, at your local Big City Pawn shop!

Courtroom used for Blackjack tournament

THe Big City chamber of commerce had a controversial blackjack tournament in the Big City Courthouse today, with the main tables being in the central courtroom itself. Many opposed to the tournament pointed to the recent crimewave as a sign that the city is not serious against crime. Others for the tournament responded, "Deal me in!"

Holy Shit! Who has money like that?

Old 02-27-2007, 10:45 PM   #736
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Holy Shit! Who has money like that?

I have a feeling more people then you think
Demotivation
Old 02-27-2007, 11:11 PM   #737
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

not me
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:16 PM   #738
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have a feeling more people then you think

I started out with 500, and I've spent a lot of that already. Geez, to have that much cash would be sweet.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:20 PM   #739
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm reading back through the day, haven't come up with much. I'm actually somewhat suspicious of path for his post-lynch posts. It's all well and good to say after the fact that it was obvious what ntn's role was, but I don't see him making any kind of a stand before deadline.

knives out
Old 02-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #740
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm reading back through the day, haven't come up with much. I'm actually somewhat suspicious of path for his post-lynch posts. It's all well and good to say after the fact that it was obvious what ntn's role was, but I don't see him making any kind of a stand before deadline.

lol, path is pretty high up my trust list right now...we just keep seeing polar opposites
Demotivation
Old 02-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #741
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
K State- 20-9
OK State- 19-9

Close matchup in tonights game, OK state has lost 4 in a row including dropping a 2 point heartbreaker on the road to Texas Tech last time out. K State is coming off an impressive win in Colorado and sports impressive road wins including @ Texas, @USC, and @ Nebraska. At first look it appears like 2 teams heading in the wrong direction. Throw in the fact K State needs one win in their last 2 games to clinch a first round bye in the big 12 tournament they will be looking to take care of buisness against a team that looks like they have mailed it in. OK State has owened the matchup lately with an 8-1 record in their last 9, look for KState to change that trend on the road in a big game.

I offer this as a freee service. If you take my advice and win all I ask is you donate what you consider a fair amount.

bzzzzzzzzzzzt

knives out
Old 02-27-2007, 11:27 PM   #742
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
lol, path is pretty high up my trust list right now...we just keep seeing polar opposites

Trusting him is first level analysis. He made a good vote. Not trusting him is second level analysis - he was vocal AFTER the deadline, instead of before. I understand the trust for him - my normal mantra in these games is KISS.

I'm not HIGHLY suspicious of him, but he's on the wrong side of zero in my mind.

knives out
Old 02-27-2007, 11:35 PM   #743
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I didn't think it was my place to say "Hey, I think ntn's the detective!". But I did pose the question to hoo as a semi-hint and I did change my vote right away for whatever that's worth.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:38 PM   #744
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I didn't think it was my place to say "Hey, I think ntn's the detective!". But I did pose the question to hoo as a semi-hint and I did change my vote right away for whatever that's worth.

No, but understand my frustration. Quite a few villagers obviously voted for him. So we could have used a little more guidance, either from you or ntndeacon.

knives out
Old 02-28-2007, 12:07 AM   #745
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Trusting him is first level analysis. He made a good vote. Not trusting him is second level analysis - he was vocal AFTER the deadline, instead of before. I understand the trust for him - my normal mantra in these games is KISS.

I'm not HIGHLY suspicious of him, but he's on the wrong side of zero in my mind.

No, second level analysis was seeing ntn hint at being a detective(something path and i did)...first level analysis is what you claimed to do, in not seeing his hints.

Path also took a stance about being agaisnt judges, a villager move to me...wolves would want to seem as normal as possible, and he made a bold move in declaring his views. A first level analysis would be to see him say i dont think we should elect and say hes a big suspect(like you just did). A second level analysis would be to consider that a wolf wouldnt be so stupid(not one as experienced as path at least, i hope) as to put such a target on their back on day one.

Cronin, i see soooooooo many things wrong with your continued survival(yes, even when this is now night 1) that it seriously concerns me that we will lose this game badly and in spectacular fashion.
Demotivation
Old 02-28-2007, 12:29 AM   #746
kingfc22
Head Coach

Damn. That gun is expensive.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:26 AM   #747
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
No, second level analysis was seeing ntn hint at being a detective(something path and i did)...first level analysis is what you claimed to do, in not seeing his hints.

Path also took a stance about being agaisnt judges, a villager move to me...wolves would want to seem as normal as possible, and he made a bold move in declaring his views. A first level analysis would be to see him say i dont think we should elect and say hes a big suspect(like you just did). A second level analysis would be to consider that a wolf wouldnt be so stupid(not one as experienced as path at least, i hope) as to put such a target on their back on day one.

Cronin, i see soooooooo many things wrong with your continued survival(yes, even when this is now night 1) that it seriously concerns me that we will lose this game badly and in spectacular fashion.

None of those things that you are talking about are the same thing that I was talking about. If you're going to try and argue with me, at least try and stay on the same topic.

Just out of curiosity, how many villagers has the mafia killed so far? By my count, its zero. Incredible that none of their zero kills has been me yet, I agree.

knives out
Old 02-28-2007, 01:28 AM   #748
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
What is that?

I don't really want to say at the moment as it could expose both Anxiety and myself.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:43 AM   #749
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Narcizo (now there is a name that screams Mobster!), is your slight trust on Anxiety based on his postings in the thread or information from some other area? If it is something from within the thread, I would be interested in seeing it cited.

Sorry for disappearing but I really had to get some sleep last night. I dunno if I could have swayed anyone (and I'm not sure I want to come out to strongly trying to sway people - as I've nothing more than pretty circumstantial information) but fwiw my "information" wasn't inside the thread.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:37 AM   #750
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

A couple of things about the judge vote spring to mind.
1) a fair few people seem to be willing to say that they voted Anxiety for judge after the event. It might have been more helpful if they had done so before the vote. And even more people who would have voted for him if they'd known.
2) Anxiety was close to getting the vote. To my mind this indicates 2 things - Anxiety is bad and the mob were trying to leverage him in, or he's good and they managed to block his nomination.
3) I don't think all that many people announced who they were voting for. I think we should view the judge vote like a lynch vote today. If you don't announce your vote then you're suspicious.

I still have reason to believe Anxiety is clean but we need to get a bandwagon rolling for a judge candidate so we can be sure of getting one. Apparently the fact that we tried to do that one yesterday put people off, I'd ask these people to reconsider today. This isn't like a lynch vote where you know someone is going to buy it. We need a bandwagon to be sure of a result.

I think the fact that hoopsguy was targeted by hackers and reported it to the police means that he probably isn't a member of the mob. I have a hard time seeing a mob member going to the police for help. What if the investigation turns something else up on him? I don't think it puts him in the clear but it certainly makes me more willing to trust him than anyone else, including Anxiety. Once he's in place then we should be looking at trying to seer him (and protect him, naturally) but we need someone in place as judge.

I'm voting for hoopsguy as judge.