Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
Suicane75
Coordinator

Website/Server Issue Help

So a couple of days ago a single thread on the IFL boards started receiving an Internal Service Error message when clicked on. I opened a ticket with support but really wasn't all that worried about it. Then later that night some of our league members started getting an error message when trying to upload export files on our upload page, the error reads,

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpiKF6SE' to '/home/imperial/public_html/_exports/uploads/imperial.019' in /home/imperial/public_html/upload.php on line 248
There was a problem moving your file.

My support ticket was still open so I sent along this new problem. I was told a few times that the issue should be resolved but it was not. Finally late last night the issue seemed to be resolved as a couple of league members were successfully able to upload their exports but it didn't last long as by mid afternoon anyone trying to use the upload utility would again get the same error message.

This evening I was told that the problem came from the fact that we were well over our usage limit. I was told we had 880 megs on our server (600 is our limit). The thing is, we've never been over 600 megs, It always stays at about 580 megs since we constantly delete old league files after a week or two.

I was perplexed and did some searching and found that at some point yesterday over 300 megs of files were created in our public_html/forums directory. All the files are named core.**** and while some have a file size of 0kb, most of them have a file size of around 20 megs.

I have no idea what's going on and I'm not sure support does either although their solution is for me to upgrade my plan as they're insistent that the problem is being created by the fact that we're so far over our limit even though the problem started Friday and those core files weren't created till sometime Saturday evening.

So yeah, I know that's a lot of words but anyone got any hunches as to what the hell is going on? Between this and giant effing branches snapping off and crashing onto my house I'm at wits end.

Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #2
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Find out who is putting the offending files up on your side, if possible. Take them down and still monitor the situation. If you are under and it keeps happening, I would get a hold of support, and tell them you cleaned house, got under the limit, and it still happens. If they continue poor support, I would look elsewhere.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:00 AM   #3
Suicane75
Coordinator

They just got back to me and said the core files were created by crashes. So that part is cleared up, not sure about the original issues though.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
DanGarion
Coordinator

Just an opinion here, but only 600 megs for a host? I can't remember the last time I had a host with less than 20 GB of storage.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote