Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-07-2003, 03:53 PM   #1
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

OT: Empire Deluxe Reborn!

Empire Deluxe has been updated by Killer Bee Software. I'm playing the demo now. It's just like the original, so I'm not sure if it's worth $27, but it's still pretty fun. Here is the link for anyone interested.

http://www.killerbeesoftware.com/

sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 04:01 PM   #2
Franklinnoble
Banned

I've never heard of it.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 04:58 PM   #3
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Then don't click on the link?
Old 05-07-2003, 05:07 PM   #4
Bee
Pro Starter

If it's from Killer Bee, you know it's got to be good.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 05:24 PM   #5
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sachmo71
Then don't click on the link?

The site doesn't really tell me much about the game itself... and I don't want to mess with downloading a demo for something that could end up being an EZ-Bake Oven simulator for all I know...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2003, 05:46 PM   #6
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally posted by Franklinnoble
The site doesn't really tell me much about the game itself... and I don't want to mess with downloading a demo for something that could end up being an EZ-Bake Oven simulator for all I know...

Well, you'll never find out with that attitude, will you?

Oh yeah...
Old 05-08-2003, 05:00 AM   #7
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Hey sachmo71,
Thanks for pointing out that info. A friend of mine and I have been playing Empire / Empire Deluxe for the past 12 years or so. Looks like this guy is dedicated to adding on to the original ED while allowing the original to be played in full as well. If you're interested, maybe we can do a PBE game of the 3.11 version of ED sometime (I'm going to wait to buy the enhanced edition of ED and skip the 'internet' version).

Jamie
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 09:46 AM   #8
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I'm still not sure if I'm going to shell out the $27 for it, but if I do I'd love to play. What a great game...I have many fond memories of hours and hours wasted playing this game.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:37 AM   #9
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Yep, Ian (the friend I mentioned I played a lot with) and I still talk about some of our classic battles in ED. If you play for a while, it's interesting to see how your approach to the game changes over time.
There is a free version of Empire Deluxe availble to download at http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=369
The person who owns the rights to the game basically stated in his forum that he doesn't mind people downloading the old version since he feels the internet version and upcoming ones will be vastly superior to it. I saw somewhere that someone with XP was having sound issues playing it but otherwise didn't have a problem. If you have any older windows operating system, it should work without a hitch.

Jamie
Old 05-08-2003, 10:52 AM   #10
RendeR
Coordinator

I used to spend much of my off time on board the Lincoln playing this game. Its very basic, but demands some serious strategy once you get into a full blown game.

excellent stuff
!!!!!

Ren
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 07:44 PM   #11
Mark Kinkead
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
... The person who owns the rights to the game basically stated in his forum that he doesn't mind people downloading the old version since he feels the internet version and upcoming ones will be vastly superior to it. ...

Jamie

For the record, this is not what I said. Trying to stop a dam with 1000 holes when you only have ten fingers is more like the problem....

So don't misquote me to ease your conscience about not paying fo something you should. Especially when the game has given you over a decade of entertainment.

--Mark Kinkead
http://killerbeesoftware.com

Last edited by Mark Kinkead : 05-08-2003 at 07:47 PM.
Mark Kinkead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 08:11 PM   #12
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Kinkead
For the record, this is not what I said. Trying to stop a dam with 1000 holes when you only have ten fingers is more like the problem....

So don't misquote me to ease your conscience about not paying fo something you should. Especially when the game has given you over a decade of entertainment.

--Mark Kinkead

I feel I should respond to this.

I play using a purchased copy of Empire Deluxe from long ago. My conscience has many more things to worry about. I will be one of the first in line for the enhanced version of Empire Deluxe.

I drew an opinion of Mr. Kinkead's views based on this thread: http://pub13.ezboard.com/fkillerbees...picID=79.topic

Two users made pleas for downloading the 3.11 version of the game for free to end, and his response was:

"Underdogs is aware of what is going on here.

3.11 is old news guys, I wouldn't worry about it. 3.5 is so much better.

--Mark"

That was what made me feel you were indifferent to the downloading of 3.11. I don't feel like my assumption at the time was incorrect, however, I apologize for inadvertantly misrepresenting your feelings on this matter.

Good luck with your current and future endeavors.

Jamie
Old 05-08-2003, 08:46 PM   #13
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Kinkead

--Mark Kinkead

Yea, well, I paid for it a decade ago. And the deluxe version too. If you're hung up about making money off a decade old game, maybe you should have updated it sooner.

Last edited by Blackadar : 05-08-2003 at 08:46 PM.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 09:26 PM   #14
Mark Kinkead
n00b

Thanks Jamie. I appreciate your response.

--Mark
Mark Kinkead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 09:34 PM   #15
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I found my copy! Too bad you can only play it in 640x480 mode.