Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
beeebs
n00b

second try - milwaukee/lake placid

Ok so the deadline is now the deal was agreed to before it was 5pm.

milwaukee trades
SP Salome Formigal
SP Cory Meyer
OF Jimmy Evers

syracuse trades
CF Corey Sanders
MR Pedro Garza
SP Dan Harmon

Someone will say oh you traded Sanders and he's really good. I know hes good but he's old and he has a big contract and I have too many outfielders and I needed pitchers and I needed to make some trade before it was too late cause I think this team can win it all maybe. I tried to make another deal but it didn't work out and this was the way to get to the salaries to match and its my team and i can do what I want but I like this trade so I'm making it.

beeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Confirmed.

It's a bold move, but when a team is Top 3 in offense and near the bottom of the league in pitching despite being in 2nd place, I can understand why you'd want to make a move to do something.

Evers replaces Sanders and is still young enough to do something worthwhile and comes a hell of a lot cheaper. I wasn't really happy giving him up, but he strikes me as one of those OOTP guys that will just do better in another place than where he's started for whatever reason. Plus they've got Burroughs in AAA to boot.

Sanders will be useful, but losing my Top 2 starters effectively ends my year. Formigal might be older, but he's having a career year, he's cheap as hell and he's better than anyone they had in their rotation outside of the Top 2. Meyer goes from having to be our #1 to being the #4 in Syracuse. I only brought him in (giving up too much) because I thought my team was better than it was and just a bunch of guys who were really good last year decided not to be this year.

No prospects given up by Lake Placid, so should be no consternation.

Anyway, I'll prep a file up now with this trade completed.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-13-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote