Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > Dark Cloud's Personal Playground
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2012, 05:17 PM   #1
Cole
H.S. Freshman Team

Help me create my own quick sim league!

So, I suppose this message is mainly targetted at DC, but anyone else can feel free to chime in as well with thoughts/opinions.

I want to get back into solo OOTP play and in thinking what type of league I might like, I'm thinking I want to start a solo quickstart league.

Obviously it would be similar to SLOP, but with some some modifications.

1) I think I will only sim one month at a time. This will still allow things to move quite quickly and still allow me to pile up history in short order, but I'll also have more time to tune and tweak rosters in season.

2) I'd like to keep injuries on. I know it's not necessarily 'doable' in an online league but I want to find out a way to keep injuries on (although perhaps on a low setting) to more closely mimic real life baseball and the challenges GMs face.

Now, I obviously face some challenges, as there are different ways to do this, some of which would give the CPU AI an advantage and some of which would give me as user an advantage.

I'm wondering first, is there any option to disable CPU AI player movement during a sim cycle? If I'm simming along a month at a time and not making roster changes I'll obviously be at a disadvantage with the CPU if they are.

I was thinking of perhaps making it so there's only one day each month when roster moves can be made, players can be sent up/down etc. I can make all my changes, allow CPU to do the same and then go back to not allowing roster moves.

I was also thinking of perhaps having a larger active roster size so if players are getting injured there will be more depth to take care of it.

Alternatively, I suppose I could make a more traditional league and sim a month at a time but just actally stop and make changes if I have an injury the same way the CPU would.

Anyway, all thoughts would be appreciated on how I could best run this. Also, if there are any rule settings that you recommend need to be on/off to make quick sim work more efficiently, please share! Thanks.

Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

It wouldn't be a quickstart unless you wanted to share it, really.

But everything you said is pretty much how I play solo fast-sim with my one ongoing league I've been using since FOOL 1.0.

Basically your premise works. The only thing about turning of CPU changes is you just need to be in Commish mode and turn off Allow AI changes to CPU teams or some such. Then it won't allow those teams to make changes when you're simming and when you are back in season, you can turn them back on again to allow changes.

A larger roster to compensate is accurate too.

Basically everything you said is how I play solo fast-sim. So yeah...no real advice to offer specifically other than have fun?

Old 06-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
Cole
H.S. Freshman Team

What do you do with injuries?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
What do you do with injuries?

I put them on low (40) or very low (30) and use a larger active roster (30-40 players) to compensate.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Be careful with the draft.

I typically turn off signing bonuses, because I don't want to stop to sign players.

The other option is putting it early on in the off-season, but then you're messing with compensation.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote