Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-19-2015, 01:37 PM   #1151
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I'm also wondering how wise it was for me to divulge that information, same as britrock saying he got an offer to do this or that.

As a new player: is something like that in the general spirit of the game?

The other item that is constantly on my mind is... at any given point anything can be a lie (other than what EF tells us of course). It's the story as a whole that has to add up. Intriguing game... very intriguing.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:38 PM   #1152
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I don't think it is my best interest to share the specifics at this time. I have a reason for going on this mission and those are related to my skills, but that is all I am willing to say at this moment.

Curiouser and curiouser.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:38 PM   #1153
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
The other item that is constantly on my mind is... at any given point anything can be a lie (other than what EF tells us of course). It's the story as a whole that has to add up. Intriguing game... very intriguing.

Yeah, I'm really having fun with this. Hopefully the WW renaissance continues after this game!

Old 02-19-2015, 01:43 PM   #1154
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
I'm also wondering how wise it was for me to divulge that information, same as britrock saying he got an offer to do this or that.

As a new player: is something like that in the general spirit of the game?

I'm not sure. I started out trying to play as if we were in the situation and not realizing that this was going to be a witch hunt. But from what I have seen we use OOC information constantly. Although I'm still not willing share my attributes as that feels wrong. My picture of dog the bounty hunter should be enough of a hint as to where my attributes sit.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:01 PM   #1155
Autumn
Head Coach

I want to emphasize that "supplies" doesn't mean "food". Hopefully there would be food there, but also other things. Schmidty's report mentioned that we had limited medical supplies. I am guessing that we have things like that and probably engineering and research supplies that we dropped. I think it's key to get those things.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:03 PM   #1156
Autumn
Head Coach

I would like a crystal clear answer from our Sheriff: as Sheriff have you been given any actions or abilities you can take that you didn't have previously? Have you been told that there is any way to gain actions, such as investigating or guarding or arresting?
Old 02-19-2015, 02:08 PM   #1157
saldana
Pro Starter

gotta say, this is rather unique in terms of a game where we have a night kill already but no option for a day kill.

i would imagine that the biodome will start providing supplies as of tomorrow, so i dont think food will be an issue after that kicks in, however, we also dont know if the supplies that were dropped include more than just food...i think we need to get our hands on those...could be lots of usable things in there that could help us in different ways than just food

next project: fix communications
current activitiy: collect supply drop
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:08 PM   #1158
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I would like a crystal clear answer from our Sheriff: as Sheriff have you been given any actions or abilities you can take that you didn't have previously? Have you been told that there is any way to gain actions, such as investigating or guarding or arresting?

This is the only reason why I feel like Thomkal has been pushing so heavily for us to institute the government.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:10 PM   #1159
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
This is the only reason why I feel like Thomkal has been pushing so heavily for us to institute the government.

But I feel like I haven't been able to nail down if he's just guessing that, or has been told something.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:11 PM   #1160
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
I'm not sure. I started out trying to play as if we were in the situation and not realizing that this was going to be a witch hunt. But from what I have seen we use OOC information constantly. Although I'm still not willing share my attributes as that feels wrong. My picture of dog the bounty hunter should be enough of a hint as to where my attributes sit.

as someone who has been in more of these games than i can count, i would say it is perfectly fine to say that you have received some kind of offer...

reason being, it may or may not be true!

the number of flat out lies that have been told about the contents of PMs is pretty much infinite...thats one of the reasons you cannot quote your PM directly, and that all vanilla PMs are the same...games have been won and lost based on people discussing their PMs...what i would say is, as long as you arent quoting directly, and you havent been told you cant say something specific (like our skill numbers), you are OK talking about it.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:13 PM   #1161
Grover
Pro Starter

Thanks sal! Exactly the answer I was looking for.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:24 PM   #1162
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 1161

Next Project
Government 7 - Shoveler (986), Narcizo (999), Suicane75 (1002), JAG (1009), Grover (1018), timmae (1046), The Jackal (1074)
Medical Center 4 - DanGarion (1001), Autumn (1022), Chief Rum (1043), britrock88 (1107)
Repair Communicator 2 - Sharkn20 (1025), saldana (1157)
No Vote 1 - CrimsonFox (985)

Action
Collect Supplies 8 - CrimsonFox (985), Narcizo (999), Suicane75 (1002), Grover (1018), Autumn (1022), timmae (1046), britrock88 (1107), saldana (1157)
Next Project 4 - Shoveler (986), JAG (1009), Chief Rum (1043), The Jackal (1074)
Explore 2 - DanGarion (1001), Sharkn25 (1025)

Scientific Research Staff
Pending fontisian's appointments

Yet to Vote
fontisian, ntndeeacon, Thomkal, GoldenEagle, Raven, Danny, Zinto

Last edited by EagleFan : 02-19-2015 at 02:25 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:29 PM   #1163
Zinto
College Starter

I still think we can't completely dismiss the idea of fixing the communicators. What if we are missing some important information from back home? It can't be totally useless.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #1164
Autumn
Head Coach

I imagine the communication will be very useful, as it will most likely allow us access to information which can help us find the stowaway.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:36 PM   #1165
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
The folks that keep pushing us away from government for the past two days should make the short (probably long) list of potential suspects. Especially those that have been using previous game reasons for other facilities first.

Our suspect probably wants us to delay on giving our Sheriff additional abilities. Delaying this selection longer is just enabling further catastrophe.

For once I agree with you on something Makes sense our suspect(s) want nothing to do with developing ways of finding them.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:40 PM   #1166
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Thomkal you need an assistant? I'll hold youd your bag and say things like "What's that, Doctor?" and "Great scott! That's remarkable Holmes!"

Sorry that's what I have Britrock for
Old 02-19-2015, 02:53 PM   #1168
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
as someone who has been in more of these games than i can count, i would say it is perfectly fine to say that you have received some kind of offer...

reason being, it may or may not be true!

the number of flat out lies that have been told about the contents of PMs is pretty much infinite...thats one of the reasons you cannot quote your PM directly, and that all vanilla PMs are the same...games have been won and lost based on people discussing their PMs...what i would say is, as long as you arent quoting directly, and you havent been told you cant say something specific (like our skill numbers), you are OK talking about it.

this +1

also for new players who might not know the lingo, "vanilla" in WW means a standard "villager" (in the villager vs wolf sense) role with no powers, which isn't really applicable when there are backstories and skill points
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 02:55 PM   #1169
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

What Was That?!?!

You can't believe your eyes. You see something falling down from the sky and it appears to land somewhere over the mountain ridge. It looks like it may have landed somewhere near the site that you saw as you were landing.

You hear no explosions, so it must not have crashed. It was a streak but it looked like a craft of some sort. It definitely began to slow just before you lost it over the ridge.
Old 02-19-2015, 02:56 PM   #1170
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
What Was That?!?!

You can't believe your eyes. You see something falling down from the sky and it appears to land somewhere over the mountain ridge. It looks like it may have landed somewhere near the site that you saw as you were landing.

You hear no explosions, so it must not have crashed. It was a streak but it looked like a craft of some sort. It definitely began to slow just before you lost it over the ridge.

Oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap.

Old 02-19-2015, 02:58 PM   #1171
The Jackal
Coordinator

Moose and squirrel?
Old 02-19-2015, 03:04 PM   #1172
The Jackal
Coordinator

So.. does that make us want to explore more or less?
Old 02-19-2015, 03:05 PM   #1173
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

It's the Ruskies.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:05 PM   #1174
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
But I feel like I haven't been able to nail down if he's just guessing that, or has been told something.

You remember earlier when I mentioned the possibility of needing to build a "security facility"? things like a jail? I asked EF if this was an available building to build, and was told that I would need to get the government created first before those options were possible. Much like what the scientists are no doubt finding out with the research labs now I imagine.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #1175
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Using Zinto's logic about the DanGarion leadership vote:

1. DanGarion sabotaged his own vote to protect his identity.
or...
2. One of our other members is not who they say they are:

a. Scientist: Narcizo, Sharkn20
b. Engineer: Grover, CrimsonFox
c. Doctor: Chief Rum
d. Sheriff: Shoveler

Aptitude testing time.

Or, once again, any number of other possible explanations that we can't possibly judge because we don't have enough information.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:13 PM   #1176
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Change to recommended group... timmae, Raven, GoldenEagle

At least until I obtain some feedback on Shark and Narc.

What feedback are you expecting? I'm at least as good as good a scientist as you are. If I am suspicious for some reason then you're better off keeping me where you can keep an eye on me and judge my scientific ability. If I'm sciencing it up then there's no chance I'm converting or killing someone. Not fantastically bothered but it seems a waste to not have the best scientist in the group not working on sciency things.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #1177
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Will be out to dinner with the family from around 5:30 to 7:30 so I will be away from the thread at that time.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #1178
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Vote: next project Medical center

post 989
Old 02-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #1179
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Vote work on next project

post 1103
Old 02-19-2015, 03:23 PM   #1180
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
What feedback are you expecting? I'm at least as good as good a scientist as you are. If I am suspicious for some reason then you're better off keeping me where you can keep an eye on me and judge my scientific ability. If I'm sciencing it up then there's no chance I'm converting or killing someone. Not fantastically bothered but it seems a waste to not have the best scientist in the group not working on sciency things.

Font's call... probably with feedback from sherriff.

My fear was with having the stowaway over in the research center picking us off one by one with no knowledge by the rest of the colonists because we have no government or they are out picking apples or scouting mountain ranges for the next door neighbors who may or not be fire breathing dragons and then ending up with minimal science ability.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:26 PM   #1181
saldana
Pro Starter

so what appears to be a landing craft touching down has me torn on my decisions.

part of me wants to get to our supply drop before anyone else that may be here can steal it, as i still think there will be more than just food there

part of me now wants the government established more quickly in case there are security benefits from some kind of organization/law enforcement arm

and part of me wants to stick to the communications so we can either find out from earth if there is someone here with us, or even better, directly communicate with whomever may have just joined us.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:27 PM   #1182
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
It's the Ruskies.

"You think you're tough for eating beans every day? There's half a million scarecrows in Denver who'd give anything for one mouthful of what you got. They've been under siege for about three months. They live on rats and sawdust bread and sometimes... on each other. At night, the pyres for the dead light up the sky. It's medieval." Colonel from Red Dawn...
Old 02-19-2015, 03:29 PM   #1183
Thomkal
Head Coach

EF,

I did vote shortly after you opened it last night (at least one other person did too), but I would have had to have change it today since I got confused over what I was voting for. So consider this my official vote:

unvote all
vote government
vote next project

my vote for the next project after govt would be for the medical center-can't put that off any longer
Old 02-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #1184
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
You remember earlier when I mentioned the possibility of needing to build a "security facility"? things like a jail? I asked EF if this was an available building to build, and was told that I would need to get the government created first before those options were possible. Much like what the scientists are no doubt finding out with the research labs now I imagine.

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for, but hadn't seen it spelled out yet. Yes, then I can see government as important.

I think I would still vote we collect supplies first though, I think we may be hamstrung without those.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #1185
Thomkal
Head Coach

We clearly need to send people to investigate what's going on with the other side of that mountain ridge, but right now that just seems too dangerous. I'd rather wait to see what options are available to us after we get our government established. That's up to Font to decide though not myself.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:38 PM   #1186
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for, but hadn't seen it spelled out yet. Yes, then I can see government as important.

I think I would still vote we collect supplies first though, I think we may be hamstrung without those.

I go back and forth on how important gathering supplies might be. I still think it was worth the health/hunger risk last turn, but now though it might be time even with the bio-dome going online tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:39 PM   #1187
Thomkal
Head Coach

Speaking of the research labs, is there anything they scientists want to reveal about them yet?
Old 02-19-2015, 03:44 PM   #1188
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
We clearly need to send people to investigate what's going on with the other side of that mountain ridge, but right now that just seems too dangerous. I'd rather wait to see what options are available to us after we get our government established. That's up to Font to decide though not myself.

this is a mistake...we should not send anyone anywhere until we are prepared to defend ourselves against whatever comes back
Old 02-19-2015, 03:46 PM   #1189
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Speaking of the research labs, is there anything they scientists want to reveal about them yet?

No knowledge yet... we should have them tomorrow but I am waiting for feedback from Font as to who will be going over there. EF states in post #982:

"Day Two Options

fontisian as leader may decide:
- who works on Schmidty
- who works in the science research center (these resources will be pulled away from the colony resources and can begin their own projects on day three)"

The projects will start on Day 3 if we staff the center tomorrow (decide who is going today). If we don't decide then the projects are delayed for another day, I assume. I recommend sending 3 or 4 scientists depending on whether Font feels we need additional bodies to do other stuff. I assume we will find out what projects we can have at our disposal once we get to the center. I have no clue as to what is involved other than what I see above.
Old 02-19-2015, 03:48 PM   #1190
Raven
College Prospect

I see my name being tossed around to work in the Science Center, but I'd request to be put to work in the BioDome instead, once that is complete. If we're growing food in the BioDome, I think that's the most logical place to put the farmer.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #1191
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
No knowledge yet... we should have them tomorrow but I am waiting for feedback from Font as to who will be going over there. EF states in post #982:

"Day Two Options

fontisian as leader may decide:
- who works on Schmidty
- who works in the science research center (these resources will be pulled away from the colony resources and can begin their own projects on day three)"

The projects will start on Day 3 if we staff the center tomorrow (decide who is going today). If we don't decide then the projects are delayed for another day, I assume. I recommend sending 3 or 4 scientists depending on whether Font feels we need additional bodies to do other stuff. I assume we will find out what projects we can have at our disposal once we get to the center. I have no clue as to what is involved other than what I see above.

I suppose just in case Font does not show up today, we should all make sure we vote for your recommendations then.

vote for font's choice to staff lab then timmae's if no font
Old 02-19-2015, 03:59 PM   #1192
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
I see my name being tossed around to work in the Science Center, but I'd request to be put to work in the BioDome instead, once that is complete. If we're growing food in the BioDome, I think that's the most logical place to put the farmer.

Makes sense. Anyone know how many others are needed for the biodome to function at its peak?

Anyone know staffing for tomorrow?

Biodome - Raven, ???
Research Center - Timmae, Narcizo, SharkN20, GoldenEagle
Supply Gathering - Jag, Britrock, Suicane???
rest to build?

Trying to wrap my arms around the daily tasks of all.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:03 PM   #1193
timmae
College Starter

A quick reminder...

Fontisian (LEADER)SOCIAL (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GOOD), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD), college history professor
DanGarionSOCIAL (GREAT) PHYSICAL (GOOD) MEDICAL (BELOW AVERAGE), ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), SCIENTIFIC (AWFUL) lead large group of succ. people. "well liked", Democratic
Zinto - CEO
Suicane - PHYSICAL (GOOD), retired politician with history of public service
CrimsonfoxSOCIAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD?) , SCIENTIFIC (BELOW AVERAGE) , automechanic,
timmae (PRIMARY SCIENTIST)SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), ENGINEERING (GOOD), PHYSICAL (AWFUL) studied science his whole life, "engineering type"
RavenSCIENTIFIC (GOOD), PHYSICAL (GOOD) farmer. strong science background.
NarcizoSCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (OK), MEDICAL (OK) PHYSICAL (BELOW AVERAGE) chemist. bit of experience running small scale facility
SharkN20, SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD) ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), PHYSICAL (AWFUL), professional gamer that used my life to develop your skills
GoldenEagleSCIENTIFIC (GOOD?) computer programmer, proposes deep analysis for scientific purposes
AutumnMEDICAL (GREAT) doctor and chief of staff at Boston general
Chief Rum (PRIMARY DOCTOR)MEDICAL (GREAT), ENGINEERING (AWFUL) worked in ER
ntndeaconMEDICAL (GREAT), ENGINEERING (BAD) EMT, but not a doctor
bitrockPHYSICAL (GREAT) SOCIAL (GOOD) ENGINEERING (AWFUL) police officer. record isn't perfect, and physical capability can sometimes cloud higher-order processes.
thomkal (SHERRIFF)SOCIAL (GREAT), PHYSICAL (GREAT), MEDICAL (LOW), ENGINEERING (BELOW AVERAGE), SCIENTIFIC (BELOW AVERAGE)retired Army general. primary concerns safety
shoveler - Private investigator
JAGPHYSICAL (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD), highschool football coach. experience leading and training
JackalENGINEERING (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BELOW AVERAGE) MIT Prof of Engineering
Grover (PRIMARY ENGINEER)ENGINEERING (GOOD), SCIENTIFIC(GOOD), PHYSICAL (AVERAGE) 2 yrs as engineer on ISS. prof. astronaut, enginer and scientist by trade. leader of ISS mission. has lived in space
saldanaENGINEERING (GREAT), SOCIAL (GOOD), pHYSICAL (AVERAGE), MEDICAL (BAD), SCIENTIFIC (BAD) city planner
Danny ENGINEERING (GREAT), SCIENTIFIC (GREAT), MEDICAL (GOOD), PHYSICAL (BELOW AVERAGE), SOCIAL (BAD)
Schmidty
Old 02-19-2015, 04:04 PM   #1194
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 1192

Next Project
Government 8 - Shoveler (986), Narcizo (999), Suicane75 (1002), JAG (1009), Grover (1018), timmae (1046), The Jackal (1074), Thomkal (1183)
Medical Center 5 - ntndeacon, (989), DanGarion (1001), Autumn (1022), Chief Rum (1043), britrock88 (1107)
Repair Communicator 2 - Sharkn20 (1025), saldana (1157)
No Vote 1 - CrimsonFox (985)

Action
Collect Supplies 8 - CrimsonFox (985), Narcizo (999), Suicane75 (1002), Grover (1018), Autumn (1022), timmae (1046), britrock88 (1107), saldana (1157)
Next Project 6 - Shoveler (986), JAG (1009), Chief Rum (1043), The Jackal (1074), ntndacon (1103), Thomkal (1183)
Explore 2 - DanGarion (1001), Sharkn25 (1025)

Scientific Research Staff
Pending fontisian's appointments

Yet to Vote
fontisian, GoldenEagle, Raven, Danny, Zinto
Old 02-19-2015, 04:23 PM   #1195
Zinto
College Starter

vote government
vote next project
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:31 PM   #1196
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

vote repair communicator
vote collect supplies
Old 02-19-2015, 04:35 PM   #1197
Thomkal
Head Coach

off for a bit
Old 02-19-2015, 04:48 PM   #1198
Raven
College Prospect

I'd like to collect supplies, but I think that it's black and white - the supplies are either safe or there is danger involved with that mission.

If the supplies are safe
- waiting one more day won't hurt much.
- we'll be a little hungrier, but the BioDome will be completed tonight and we can quickly recover from hunger.
- but by waiting we can then have a Govt Center or Medical Center up and running. We'll also have the Science Center and BioDome. Giving us 3 buildings towards our research trees.

If the supplies are not safe
- There is almost certainly some danger involved with that mission.
- Without a medical center, we could lose someone either through death or serious injury (taking them out of commission for a few days).

I understand the desire to get the Govt center up and running, but I feel like if we do, then it would be foolish to ignore the Medical Center and begin sending people out to gather supplies.

I say we get the Medical Center up tonight and expedite it's completion.
Tomorrow we focus on the Govt Building and Supply Gathering.

vote
Next Project - Medical Center
Action - Next Project
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 04:53 PM   #1199
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Using Zinto's logic about the DanGarion leadership vote:

1. DanGarion sabotaged his own vote to protect his identity.
or...
2. One of our other members is not who they say they are:

a. Scientist: Narcizo, Sharkn20
b. Engineer: Grover, CrimsonFox
c. Doctor: Chief Rum
d. Sheriff: Shoveler

Aptitude testing time.

Cross referencing this list with those who currently have voted against Government as the next build presents one name in common. He happens to have been overseeing schmidty as well.

Chief Rum.

Thom, can you interrogate him?

Chief, I mean no harm... just looking at evidence.
Old 02-19-2015, 05:00 PM   #1200
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

font, in case you wanted my opinion, here is the order I would staff the science building:

Narc for sure, sharkN20 (if a second is desired), Danny (if a third is desired).

Probably the first two would be my pick. Danny has skills in engineering too which could be useful elsewhere. I wouldn't pick anyone else because the research building says it adds the average of the staff working there and that way you're using the top science people to generate that score...assuming they have been forthright with their ability scores.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote