Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-29-2006, 05:38 PM   #701
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
So, BrianD was robbed. Lathum says he was robbed. Didn't DC or someone also say they were robbed?

Yes, I was robbed. I had to use some of the money I had replace what was stolen.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:41 PM   #702
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

anybody with a vote count?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:42 PM   #703
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
I am again going to challenge anybody aside from DT that's voting for me to provide a justification for the vote.

Funny you should ask because I was just looking over the quotes that made me suspect you:

Quote:
I wasn't going through Bishopgate to get to Whitechapel.

Quote:
In case it's not clear, I'm not denying being in Bishopsgate, it's just that my reason for being there wasn't because it was on the way to Whitechapel Rd.

Kinda seems like you were retracting your statement after I mentioned that I was told you were passing by there.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:45 PM   #704
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

What we keep coming back to is, I admitted to being in Bishopsgate, have refused to discuss my business there, attempted to clarify to Alan that it wasn't a case of passing through on the way to somewhere else, AND NONE OF THE THREE CRIMES WAS COMMITTED THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

This is insane.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:47 PM   #705
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
anybody with a vote count?

Mr. Wednesday (6)- Bulletsponge, DaddyTorgo, Dodgerchick, Lathum, LoneStarGirl, SnDvls
DaddyTorgo (5)- AlanT, Barkeep49, Dubb93, Izulde, Ntndeacon
Lathum (2) - blade, hoopsguy
barkeep (1) - st.cronin
Old 11-29-2006, 05:47 PM   #706
Lorena
Unregistered

dammit, that stupid quote keep appearing
Old 11-29-2006, 05:49 PM   #707
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I mean, I'd understand if this involved me being spotted in Commercial or Whitechapel Rd, but to accuse me because of a misunderstanding over being spotted in Bishopsgate, even though nothing at all happened there last night?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-29-2006, 05:52 PM   #708
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
I mean, I'd understand if this involved me being spotted in Commercial or Whitechapel Rd, but to accuse me because of a misunderstanding over being spotted in Bishopsgate, even though nothing at all happened there last night?

I know nothing happened in Bishopsgate, I just felt you were trying to backtrack your statement of not being there when you were seen passing by.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:53 PM   #709
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Well, Lathum's already voting for me, so it won't hurt me any to put a vote on him.

VOTE Lathum

Old 11-29-2006, 05:53 PM   #710
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I know nothing happened in Bishopsgate, I just felt you were trying to backtrack your statement of not being there when you were seen passing by.

Show me the post where I said I wasn't there.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:55 PM   #711
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Hint, you can't, because I didn't.

I clarified that I was in Bishopsgate on private business, rather than in transit to someplace else.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:57 PM   #712
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I have a start to a circle of trust. Thus far it would include:

Hoops--I think I know what role he is playing

Blade--From the information he has presented, IE bribing the urchin, and the overal vibe I have gotten from him

Barkeep--I think I know his role as well

AlanT--I'm very confident he is playing with the same cards I was delt.

I may still be a little rusty, and there may be something that I missed that I usually wouldn't, but for right now this is what I'm working with in my COT.

Of the three suspects, I suspect Mr. Wednesday the least. There is just nothing there. The whole reason for voting him revolved around Blade, and Blade has since moved his vote. This means either Blade re-read his PM and realized he was wrong, or he was just never really convinced.

I have nothing on DT at all. This is a bad thing for him. I have a little bit of a read on almost everyone in the game, DT is not one of them.

Lathum is interesting. Hoops is nearly convinced he is bad, and Lathum was the only one in the district who did not answer Wednesday's call. With actual evidence against Lathum, I think I may change my vote.

Of these four, they have voted for:

Blade and Hoops both on Lathum

Alan and Barkeep are on DaddyTorgo

Again, Alan is playing with the same cards I am, so I'm pretty sure he has no inside information, as for Barkeep, he would only know about the johns that have contacted him and possibly the other ladys of the night. So I think there is more hard evidence against Lathum than DT so I will...

UNVOTE DADDYTORGO

VOTE LATHUM
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:58 PM   #713
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I hope that long ramble made sense to someone out there.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:59 PM   #714
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Hint, you can't, because I didn't.

I clarified that I was in Bishopsgate on private business, rather than in transit to someplace else.

Jesus Christ, give me a minute will ya?

This was Alan's inquiry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
oh one other question I had...

can someone tell me how you go from cavell st (to the east), to Whitechapel rd (center of town) by going through bishopgate district (to the west)?

And your response:

Quote:
Old 11-29-2006, 06:00 PM   #715
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think DC is dropping the "to get to Whitechapel" part and only reading "I wasn't going through Bishopsgate"

The correct way to read this is, I wasn't going through Bishopsgate to get to Whitechapel.

I was in Bishopsgate on personal business, rather than in transit to Whitechapel.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:01 PM   #716
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think DC is dropping the "to get to Whitechapel" part and only reading "I wasn't going through Bishopsgate"

The correct way to read this is, I wasn't going through Bishopsgate to get to Whitechapel.

I was in Bishopsgate on personal business, rather than in transit to Whitechapel.

I want to know what this private business was.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:01 PM   #717
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, particularly, pay attention to the post to which I was replying. Alan expressed confusion about why I would be in Bishopsgate if I were traveling from Cavell to Whitechapel.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:02 PM   #718
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I want to know what this private business was.
I don't think it's appropriate to discuss at this time.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:04 PM   #719
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't think it's appropriate to discuss at this time.

Well, OK, but you are on your deathbed. Right now I believe you have a two vote lead in the lynching race.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:05 PM   #720
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
I have a day action as well..i can bribe an urchin to spy on a sector one tiem a game. It cost me all of my gold, but i figured night 1 was a good time to expect quite a few kills. I did, and sent him to commerical. He told me about the WW who killed tyrith in his sleep, and told me the only other player in the area was barkeep. So i think you can imagine who my suspect is today. From the urchin i know he was in commercial last night, i know the WW killed tyrith in commerical last night, and the PM said barkeep was the only other player there. So i take that to mean he killed tyrith.

I should have sent him to white-chapel with the 2 kills since it was a one time gig, but i figured the bad guys would avoid the most populous street. I got lucky with one though. Now i have no gold, and i make it back at only 2 gold a day so it will be 5 days until i can hire another spy. But i figured it better i say this now then die with this knowledge

ok, i was rereading things from yesterday looking for things alan said i missed, and noticed this post from Blade.

if blade spent all his money on an urchin for last night, what was he doing out at the same time?

hookers and opium cost 5 shillings a piece, and Alan and I have both stated that we tried to buy the urchin....i bid 6 and didnt get it, so if blade started with the same 10 shillings I had, why was he out at all last night, since he spent didnt have the cash to do anything. (We know he was out since he went to the alarm raised by mr W.)

hopefully he will be back to answer this for me.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:09 PM   #721
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, OK, but you are on your deathbed. Right now I believe you have a two vote lead in the lynching race.

I think we both have enough experience to appreciate the reasons why I'm trying to avoid going into more detail.

(I should say the possible reasons... not all of them are good... but under the circumstances, putting me up as a suspect is incredibly bad judgement.)

Old 11-29-2006, 06:11 PM   #722
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, OK, but you are on your deathbed.
It's 6-4-4, which isn't enough to lynch. Still plenty of time to swing things without going into unnecessary detail.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:20 PM   #723
Lorena
Unregistered

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother, I thought this game would be different because of the tiny nugget of knowledge I might get; but it proves that I'm completely clueless once again and I guess I'm grasping for whatever. Every single freaking game, someone comes out with the same thing, "I know something but can't disclose it" and time and time again, I fall for it... why? Why? That's WW for ya, yes, I know.

Unvote Mr. Wednesday
Vote Bulletsponge

I'll be out for a while.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:21 PM   #724
Raiders Army
Coordinator

After reading through what was posted this afternoon, I don't think Mr. Wednesday or Daddy Torgo is the person we should go for. Hoops has good instincts so I'll go with

VOTE LATHUM
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:22 PM   #725
saldana
Pro Starter

another point on blades post that i quoted above....first he says he can pay an urchin to spy on a sector once per game....then he says he can do it again in 5 days, after earning 2 shillings per day

for those of you that are saying that i am just latching onto the normal londoner information other people are providing, i have a question..........is you ability to hire an urchin only a one time action...i know mine isnt...i can try to hire one each day if i have the money for it (how would i know that if it wasnt really my role)....i also earn 3 shillings a day, as i think everyone else has said they do (i dont expect any one to give me any slack for this statement, since numerous other people have already made it)
Old 11-29-2006, 06:23 PM   #726
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's 6-4-4, which isn't enough to lynch. Still plenty of time to swing things without going into unnecessary detail.

I respect that and I think I'm starting to place your role. However I think you are mistaken on the lynch number. We have 20 players left. We need 1/3 of that, 20 divided by 3 is 6.67 repeating of course.

Quote:
This vote is subject to only one rule--the lynch candidate must have at least one-third of the available voters, rounded down to the next whole number.

So unless I am mistaken that rounds the lynch number down to 6. Someone double check that please.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:26 PM   #727
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I respect that and I think I'm starting to place your role. However I think you are mistaken on the lynch number. We have 20 players left. We need 1/3 of that, 20 divided by 3 is 6.67 repeating of course.

So unless I am mistaken that rounds the lynch number down to 6. Someone double check that please.

we started at 24, sent JE to an orphanage, then we lost 3 last night, which makes 20....your math works out to me.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:27 PM   #728
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Er, right. Anyway, I still think it's tight enough right now.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:31 PM   #729
SnDvls
Pro Starter

unvote Mr. W
vote Lathum

in light of the more detailed info from Hoops
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:35 PM   #730
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FWIW Weds. I don't believe that you are bad, and there are several roles that would lead to him being out and about at night in this game people. So I don't see him being "out and about" as something sinister.

I still have a couple hours to change my vote and I can feel my caffeine denial headache coming on. But I think that this point by dubb is interesting:

Lathum was the only one in the district who did not answer Wednesday's call.

Seems like there might be something there. Back in a bit (hour tops)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:37 PM   #731
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
But I think that this point by dubb is interesting:

Lathum was the only one in the district who did not answer Wednesday's call.

Seems like there might be something there. Back in a bit (hour tops)

I would add that that information came directly from Hoops.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:43 PM   #732
st.cronin
General Manager

My father has had a heart attack. I am not officially dropping out of the game, yet, but my participation will be limited for a bit.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:48 PM   #733
saldana
Pro Starter

wow cronin, that's a lot more important that WW, I hope everything turns out ok
Old 11-29-2006, 06:50 PM   #734
saldana
Pro Starter

can i ask all the people that are currently in the thread why none of you have commented on the discrpancies i pointed out regarding blade

the only reason i havent voted for him is because i would like to hear from him first.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:53 PM   #735
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother, I thought this game would be different because of the tiny nugget of knowledge I might get; but it proves that I'm completely clueless once again and I guess I'm grasping for whatever. Every single freaking game, someone comes out with the same thing, "I know something but can't disclose it" and time and time again, I fall for it... why? Why? That's WW for ya, yes, I know.

Unvote Mr. Wednesday
Vote Bulletsponge

I'll be out for a while.

Grr why me?

Unvote me of the fluffy bunny gets it!
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:55 PM   #736
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
My father has had a heart attack. I am not officially dropping out of the game, yet, but my participation will be limited for a bit.

aww thats bad news. god i hope hes going to be ok
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:03 PM   #737
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Thats horrible news, I hope he is ok and everything turns out well.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:04 PM   #738
SnDvls
Pro Starter

take care St. C
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:09 PM   #739
saldana
Pro Starter

i was hoping for some additonal input on my blade observations, but since no one seems to care, i will go with the other story that has holes in it

vote lathum
Old 11-29-2006, 07:18 PM   #740
Swaggs
Coordinator

Back and catching up....
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:19 PM   #741
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

god Cronin. I think the prayers of London good and (i would assume) bad are with you! hope everything is alright

oh yeah and i'm just leaving for coffee now. damm my madden Texans for that 27-24 squeaker over LJ and the Chiefs keeping me home.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:22 PM   #742
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Can you vouch for bullet then, also?

In my dream, I saw them exchange money and Barkeep lead him away, into a room.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:27 PM   #743
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm sorry st. cronin. I hope that he's okay.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:28 PM   #744
Izulde
Head Coach

Sorry to hear that, cronin.

The Lathum argument makes sense to me.

UNVOTE DADDYTORGO

VOTE LATHUM

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:28 PM   #745
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
As soon as I realized it was stolen from me. Without quoting my PM I briskly walked into an alley to persue the thief, perhaps hoops can confirm this is somewhat accurate, If I didn't run to white chappel where did I go?

Lathum, I know you were in Cavell and that you left Cavell. I don't have any other information on the matter, but I do find it curious that the other people I saw in Cavell who left were all seen by Mr. Wednesday. That is an awfully big part of my motivation in voting for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
path, I knew hoops could vouch I was in that district since it was him (her?) I was going to see.

Hmmm, I'm not sure what to make of this. I know that I do not have the ability to declare that I'm going to find a specific person - instead I can declare what district to visit. Do other people have the ability to specify a person instead of a zone with their actions? Or is this just an attempt to get me to admit to a role that I may or may not have?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:29 PM   #746
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

saldana, I noted your observation.

As I recall, Blade isn't going to be back until later.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:31 PM   #747
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
saldana, I noted your observation.

As I recall, Blade isn't going to be back until later.

Im here for the next hour, but i have to write a paper in that time span and really need to focus on it...anyone have a question that cant wait until late tonight?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:38 PM   #748
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, I agree there are some inconsistencies to be found in Blade's versions of how his mechanic works. But he was the first person to come out with the urchin ability that has been widely commented upon since that time. That carried a decent amount of weight for me. Enough that I, for now, will treat incongruent statements from Blade as in keeping with his sometimes wild/erratic play as a good guy.

I think it is a point worth scrutinizing further if there is sufficient push-back from people claiming the same role. Dubb, Alan, Path, others ... your thoughts?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:41 PM   #749
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

Sorry to hear that.

I hope he will be alright.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:43 PM   #750
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Hmmm, I'm not sure what to make of this. I know that I do not have the ability to declare that I'm going to find a specific person - instead I can declare what district to visit. Do other people have the ability to specify a person instead of a zone with their actions? Or is this just an attempt to get me to admit to a role that I may or may not have?

I can only decide which area of the district to visit.