Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-29-2006, 09:51 PM   #801
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Fueled by fear and anger over all the deaths last night, the mob seems more heavy-handed and suspicious tonight.

Once again, names are thrown out and accusations fly. The littlest difference in word choice and tone moves you from safe in your flat to on the gallows and vice versa.

But there is more consensus today. As the deadline approaches, you are near frothing at the mouth. And the name on your lips is...Lathum!

He bitterly protests his innocence. He points out how he was in an area of Whitechapel that had very little going on. But he can tell mob rule has taken over.

As the sun starts to set, the mob reaches for Lathum to pull him over to the nearest lamppost. But as they reach him, a look in his eye backs them off for a moment.

At this moment, most would feel fear or perhaps anger. But Lathum is utterly calm. Too calm, and too cold. Very little emotion now at all. It is eery.

But the mob gets over this moment and pushes on. They grab Lathum and drag him over to the front of the Bumbrady Inn. He resists little, almost seeming lax.

And that is where the mob makes a grave error. In their haste, they do not search Lathum as well as the should.

For one second, he flashes a sardonic smile, as he is pulled toward the noose. The next second his right hand slashes out, a glint of metal flashing in the dying sunlight. His arm moves in a smooth arc toward his captors, but they are much too surprised to move an inch. Lathum's hand sweeps across the throat of the man to his right, and then he turns to his left.

ntndeacon chokes for a half a second, before stumbling to the ground. Blood is pouring out of his throat, his jugular cut.

The mob jumps on Lathum before he can attack again. Every cutting weapon known to man finds its way into that crowd. Lathum is dead well before they stop stabbing at him, and he is barely recognizable as human anymore.

But some would reason he was never human in the first place. You have killed Jack The Ripper!

But at what cost? ntndeacon quivers one last time, and then he is dead as well. The exhilaration of catching Jack The Ripper overwhelms the crowd, and ntndeacon is but an afterthought.

But a search of his clothes soon reveals how great a loss it was. In his pocket, ntndeacon carried a Scotland Yard badge with the engraved name "Inspector G. Lestrade". A powerful enemy of evil has fallen today.

And evil is not gone from Whitechapel, even if Jack The Ripper is dead. The mob will resume its lynches once again tomorrow--with or without Scotland Yard.

It looks to be a clear night tonight, although the fog may roll in, as it tends to do.

[b]DAY TWO IS OVER. NIGHT TWO HAS BEGUN. NIGHT ACTIONS ARE DUE BY 7 A.M. EST/4 A.M. PDT THURSDAY.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:51 PM   #802
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I wish you and your father the best Cronin.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:54 PM   #803
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hmm.. well good we got Lathum. Ashame to lose ntndeacon there, I'm not sure what role ntndeacon had as the inspector, but guess I hope its not a super power role.

Either way I'll take killing one of the big three.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:55 PM   #804
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

aaaargh. that's a mixed bag. we took out Jack which has to make us feel good, but losing Lestrade hurts!

i can't decide how i should be feeling
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:55 PM   #805
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

So that is why Lathum was so damned pissy. We are lucky as hell. Good find path and Blade (i think it was you two) Sucks about ntndeacon.

Who do you think lathum killed last night? I dont think he killed anybody luckily
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:55 PM   #806
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Thanks for the kind words, everybody. I haven't really read any of the thread since this morning, but I'm not planning on doing any traveling, and should have time to catch up tomorrow.

My father is in stable condition, at Duke University Hospital, scheduled for something called a "stent" which sounds fairly routine.

We have had not a traditional father-son relationship, and at times it has been quite difficult. Despite this, I am extremely fond of him, and can't imagine a world without him in it. This experience has been quite disorienting. He is young, and has essentially zero risk factors, so it's been a shock to everybody. I am going to press on with my life as best I can.

Again, thanks to everybody for ... well, for being here.

I had two stents put in about 9 years ago. It's basically an angioplasty, I was back at work in less than a week and haven't had a single issue since, so with no risk factors he should have an excellent chance to be good as new. Best of luck to you both.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:56 PM   #807
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

YES!!!! Nice play today Hoops. You pretty well single handily nailed Jack the Ripper.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:57 PM   #808
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well Goldeneagle has been whining for the computer since 9 so I need to head off. Ill be on during my off period tomorrow to see what i can contribute...
Old 11-29-2006, 09:57 PM   #809
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
So that is why Lathum was so damned pissy. We are lucky as hell. Good find path and Blade (i think it was you two) Sucks about ntndeacon.

Who do you think lathum killed last night? I dont think he killed anybody luckily

Sorry, add Hoops to the list of people who pushed towards lathum's killing
Old 11-29-2006, 09:58 PM   #810
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, wasn't looking for a tradeoff here but glad to take Jack out of the game.

Cronin, there are few things in life that make me more emotional than hearing about someone losing their father, or facing a situation where this seems like a very real possibility. I'll be hoping for the best for both of you in the coming days and I'm very glad to hear that the prognosis, for now, seems relatively optimistic.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:59 PM   #811
Swaggs
Coordinator

Nice writeup!

I guess the prostitutes of London can now rest easy.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 09:59 PM   #812
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
YES!!!! Nice play today Hoops. You pretty well single handily nailed Jack the Ripper.

Truth be told, it was kind of lucky. Lathum wasn't the one killing Tyrith, as we speculated earlier. He was off killing someone else. But I'll take it.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:00 PM   #813
path12
Coordinator

Woot! Good job all! My thought is that Lestrade was a seer looking for Moriarty, so even though it's a loss it might not be gigantic.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:00 PM   #814
Tyrith
College Starter

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your father, cronin.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:02 PM   #815
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Damn. That sucks we lost ntndeacon. RIP buddy.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:15 PM   #816
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Ummmm...I think it's fairly obvious right now that Lathum killed Fouts in Whitechapel, Moriarty (or maybe Fagin) killed Brian D in Whitechapel, and the werewolf killed Tyrith in Commercial.

I have a pretty good trust list going right now, but I'll share in the morning (if I'm still alive).
Old 11-29-2006, 10:18 PM   #817
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

RA, we've pretty much concluded that Mr. Hyde killed Fouts.

With Jack dead, do we lose anything by outing the working women?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:19 PM   #818
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Then, do you think that Lathum killed Brian D then? Must've missed the Mr. Hyde posts.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:19 PM   #819
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

That's a great job on the lynch, although also a great job by Lathum on the retaliatory strike.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 11-29-2006, 10:20 PM   #820
hoopsguy
General Manager

MrW, I would consider it less of a risk but still an individual decision. I know who three of them are and have suspicions on another one but would prefer to let them announce for themselves if they are so inclined.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:21 PM   #821
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Right now, we have the werewolf killing Tyrith, persons unknown (probably Moriarty/crew or Fagin and I'd lean to the former) killing BrianD, and Mr. Hyde killing Fouts.

I think Jack was on the prowl for working women last night. Dunno if his reason for not killing them was as stated, or something else.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:22 PM   #822
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

hoops, fair enough. I saw two while I was out in the district last night, but I will only confirm if one of them posts it first.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #823
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm not upset I got lynched but the reason why but I will save it for after the game so I don't influence any gameplay.

Thanks for running the game CR and good luck to Cronin's pop.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 10:29 PM   #824
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Right now, we have the werewolf killing Tyrith, persons unknown (probably Moriarty/crew or Fagin and I'd lean to the former) killing BrianD, and Mr. Hyde killing Fouts.

I think Jack was on the prowl for working women last night. Dunno if his reason for not killing them was as stated, or something else.

Ah, things are making sense now. More to follow tomorrow morning. Night.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:29 PM   #825
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I mean good night.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:40 PM   #826
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I am a prosittute. I know there were 4 to start and I know of 2 others. I think now that Jack is dead it makes sense for us to reveal.

I'm sad that both path and bullet had to reveal to save me. The whole idea behind saying mum was not to make them both targets (besides me). I can verify that as of Night 1 bullet was 100% innocent. All I know about path is where he lives, though I'm glad to hear that he could vouch for my innocence as well.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:03 PM   #827
path12
Coordinator

I'm glad now that I never revealed where I live.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:04 PM   #828
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I'm glad now that I never revealed where I live.
Why?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:23 PM   #829
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Why?

cuz are you going to be one busy busy prostitute I think. Lines around the block anyone?
Old 11-29-2006, 11:28 PM   #830
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Hmmm, I'm not sure what to make of this. I know that I do not have the ability to declare that I'm going to find a specific person - instead I can declare what district to visit. Do other people have the ability to specify a person instead of a zone with their actions? Or is this just an attempt to get me to admit to a role that I may or may not have?

Didn't Blade say he could get an urchin to follow someone in a few days. Do you think he is the only one who will be able to follow someone? Someone probably has or will have the opportunity to follow someone.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:31 PM   #831
hoopsguy
General Manager

Um, NTN?

Wait for it ...

Wait for it ...

You are dead
Old 11-29-2006, 11:38 PM   #832
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

well Iguess Ishould read everything before ipost. sorry for that bit of info. It has been a fun game. Stupid Jack killing me like that!. Good luck to the forces of Good!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:49 PM   #833
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
:o
I want cool smilies like bullet

yea theyre pretty sweet.

and good catch on the Ripper. who was it that sniffed out his slip up again?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:52 PM   #834
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Dola

heres Lathum
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:56 PM   #835
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Why?

Because I'm thinking that there might need to be location specificity to rob someone who is staying home for instance. Or if being home has any bearing at all on an attack.

Tyrith was killed at home, right? Did he say where he lived?
Old 11-30-2006, 12:10 AM   #836
Blade6119
Coordinator

I just lost my best ally...im glad we got lathum, but losing NTN was a blow to both our side and my personal game agenda.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:14 AM   #837
Blade6119
Coordinator

I should explain by saying i expected to be scanned soon after revealing most of my role. His death puts a major dent in me getting scanned and allowing him to clear me if need be..hence why i lost my best ally. I am not the chief inspector, so please don think i was hinting there as i know where that leads
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:17 AM   #838
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

It was hoops who did most of the work, i just gave him some confidence.. when we were the only 2 on lathum for a little while, and i had to leave, hoops kept the heat on

As for lathum, i dont think he killed anyone. I do think he would have tonight though.
Demotivation
Old 11-30-2006, 01:33 AM   #839
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Ummmm...I think it's fairly obvious right now that Lathum killed Fouts in Whitechapel, Moriarty (or maybe Fagin) killed Brian D in Whitechapel, and the werewolf killed Tyrith in Commercial.

I have a pretty good trust list going right now, but I'll share in the morning (if I'm still alive).

Grrr @ Lathum
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:00 AM   #840
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ok I'm about to head off to bed and I'm going to try to make the ultimate WW-sacrifice and wake up early before work tomorrow to see if anything has gone on before noon EST. And if not then I'll hopefully be checking in from work on my break in the late afternoon and asking whoever is on for a quick summary of the day's events as scrolling on the little tiny screen of my phone is a pain. I guess I am tentatively planning on voting then, although please note Chief Rum that I have been unable to get my phone's browser to let me bold my vote. Barring that of course, I should be home ~9:45 or so EST so I could change my vote last-minute if necessary.

Friday I'm afraid will be more of the same, as will Saturday (although Saturday I get out an hour earlier).
Old 11-30-2006, 06:02 AM   #841
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Time check

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:06 AM   #842
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Deadline. Results being tabulated shortly.

Old 11-30-2006, 06:12 AM   #843
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post

i dont think lathum killed anyone....i would guess that he could only kill hookers, so unless he knew who one was and specifically targeted them, he would come up empty for the night...i.e, if he put in an order to kill me, he would have gotten nothing done, since i am not a hooker.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:18 AM   #844
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, awesome that we nailed lathu...i was pretty sure he was evil as soon as he did his little indignant anger routine...he always does that when he gets lynched as a bad guy

great work hoops and blade.

bummer that we lost lestrade, especially before we found out exactly what he could do and if he had any information that could help us.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:02 AM   #845
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The partying starts almost immediately after the death of Jack The Ripper and goes on well into the night.

Say what you will about the criminal element in Whitechapel, but they do know how to have a good time.

For most, though, they eventually tire of this, because they know there are still killers out there, and more lynching decisions to be made. Will someone die tonight?

There may be little police presence in the district (especially now that Lestrade is dead), but there is a little. The Chief of Inspectors, holing up in the constabulary, orders the arrest of Izulde on suspicion of murder!. The constables pick up Izulde and take him to the small jail in Whitechapel, where he will sit in one of its two cells.

Alas, whatever one may think of Izulde, there are still killers in Whitechapel. In the dead of night, almost morning, a horrifying scream once again pitches into the air from Whitechapel Road. People come rushing from all around to see if another resident has bit the dust.

And they are right. SnDvls lies mangled in an alley near her corner for the night. This is more than a john gone bad. She is torn apart, and blood is everywhere. Is Jack The Ripper still alive or come from the dead?

No, this manner of death is different. But there is one less whore in Whitechapel tonight.

NIGHT TWO ENDS. DAY THREE BEGINS. INDIVIDUAL PMs GOING OUT SHORTLY.

THERE ARE 16 REMAINING ELIGIBLE VOTERS, SO 5 VOTES MINIMUM ARE NEEDED TO HANG SOMEONE.

INSTRUCTIONS ON IZULDE TO FOLLOW.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-30-2006 at 07:03 AM.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:06 AM   #846
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

There are two lynching decisions to be made.

You have the normal one, and you also may decide what to do with Izulde.

The Chief of Inspectors has arrested Izulde on suspicion of murder. The murders suspected are not listed.

The public has the right to decide Izulde's fate today. You may choose to LYNCH IZULDE or NO LYNCH IZULDE.

Simple majority wins. If there is a tie, he won't hang.

So you may have two players swing from lamp posts today, if you wish.

Voting in the other lynch will go as normal. Izulde, being in jail, does not have a vote in either lynch.

Old 11-30-2006, 07:13 AM   #847
Lorena
Unregistered

NO LYNCH IZULDE

Easiest decision I've made thus far.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:14 AM   #848
Raiders Army
Coordinator

RIP SnDvls. You were in my circle of trust.

I have a theory why Lathum didn't get a kill on Night 1. He didn't kill because he was targeting hoops. hoops was in the Cavell district that night and Lathum was following him. At that point, Sherlock Holmes and Watson (I believe I know who you are) came up on him and chased him away. They interrogated ntndeacon instead.

The questions I'm wondering right now are:

Is Izulde evil? Remember when they're in jail they have no night or day actions, so is it a coincindence that there was only one kill last night? There is also the possibility that Hyde/WW/etc. can't make a kill every night.

Who killed SnDvls? I would guess Hyde or the WW from the description.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:15 AM   #849
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
NO LYNCH IZULDE

Easiest decision I've made thus far.

How is that an easy decision?
Old 11-30-2006, 07:22 AM   #850
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Yeah, I'm staying away from Whitechapel since it seems as if that's where Hyde is hunting.