Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #3151
Autumn
Head Coach

I've come to understand the truth about the dungeon. None of us must be allowed to escape it. The world is safer without us. I will find you all, and you will know the truth too.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #3152
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
It's going to be very close, yes. Close as the inside of a coffin.

I'll lay you to rest soon Ghoul. You are no longer Autumn, he had honor, dignity, and pride. You are simply a corruption of what was once great.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #3153
Autumn
Head Coach

Stop stealing all the shiny treasure, stop killing all the beautiful monsters, and maybe I'll let you all leave ...
Old 04-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #3154
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

How's that map coming along Autumn?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #3155
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't need it anymore. Now I know all the secrets. Plus, I can smell you breathers.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #3156
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
It's going to be very close, yes. Close as the inside of a coffin.

Close as the inside of MY BELLY!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:19 AM   #3157
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let's take care of the night

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #3158
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nights done, see ya Monday monring

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #3159
Danny
Head Coach

I bought 20 horse figurines and 50 healing pots. I am hitting level 10 on Monday
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #3160
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

No ghoul attacks tonight? What a waste!

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #3161
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I was able to buy the helm of instability. I now can randonly attack teamates. Come here hoopsy hoopsy!

Wow, I totally wish that item existed and that you would try it.

In case you weren't focused on what happened in the last battle, I did 2.5x as much damage as you. I can't begin to tell you how excited I would be to have you attack me at Level 4.

Later on? All bets are off. But right now, I'm not sure I would even need to use items or heal myself to take you out.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:40 AM   #3162
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Seriously, give Abe some love for the amount of work this takes.

Yep, would imagine that the time commitment is immense. Greatly appreciate the time and effort involved both in conceiving the game and executing it.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:44 AM   #3163
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post

More importantly, honestly, the poison has been cured.

PB practically bankrupted the Barrow Downs, and he was a retard.

Welcome back to the land of vowels.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:49 AM   #3164
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
You had made me consider becoming good. I see now that neutral is the most honest way to live rather than pretend to be something you aren't (Danny as good) or simply give in to the darkness (Hoopsguy).

I think Dubb, NTN, and I have been the most true to our alignment. Many of the good people have seemed a little alignment challenged. I had tried to push this a little earlier in the thread to see if Abe would invoke an alignment change and issue a penalty (looking at you, Danny) but I've been turning my focus elsewhere as of late.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:52 AM   #3165
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I don't need it anymore. Now I know all the secrets. Plus, I can smell you breathers.

When Danny uses the mirror image, don't be fooled by the copies without a scent.

And if you could pass along some food and torches when you arrive, that would be great. Not like you need those anymore in your current state.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:53 AM   #3166
hoopsguy
General Manager

So this is what it feels like for Narcizo playing WW ...
Old 04-14-2012, 04:59 AM   #3167
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I can't understand a word you're writing, PB.

Even in the undeath, he's still it.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:01 AM   #3168
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I attempted to but did not end up with it. Don't give up on me! I'll go to great lengths to get that armor!

great lengths eh? Come kill all the monsters and give me all da XP and magic I need. There. (My church needssss more tithesss)
Old 04-14-2012, 05:03 AM   #3169
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
OK, well use that bad boy and lets do this trade.

heh. I assumed actually that there would be infinite amounts of them. I was thinking that the really good items, there would only be one of and all the more common magic items would have a lot of. Although someone else recently said they thought there was only one of each (except torches and food of course)

Anyway I picked one up for future use and the future is now. Incidently since you were going to get it and use it instead of me, can we split the difference and add 25 gp to it making it 125 gp?
Old 04-14-2012, 05:19 AM   #3170
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Congrats Jackal, what an amazing two games thus far. Sheesh!!!!

JAG- I picked up the improved armor at Djinni. Ready to fight again in the Barrows but worried about more traps.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm going to missssss your consonents PB. Could you perhapssss do it anyway occasionnally jussst for old timesss sake.

OR maybe ssswitch to all vowels...or only wingdingsss!
Old 04-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #3171
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
PB, I submitted 'Investigate a barrow' for an evening action just in case I'm not around.

Hey JAG, I don't think we did unless you got a PM and I didn't. Let me know.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:33 AM   #3172
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
PB practically bankrupted the Barrow Downs, and he was a retard.

Welcome back to the land of vowels.

LOL! I appreciate your humor. We will eat your brains last.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #3173
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hey JAG, I don't think we did unless you got a PM and I didn't. Let me know.

I didn't. I PM'ed Abe about it. I think he may have missed my evening action PM because I sandwiched it between my original afternoon action and a revised one I sent.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #3174
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Ahhh, okay, cool! Makes sense.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #3175
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
LOL! I appreciate your humor. We will eat your brains last.

Glad to know I have at least one market segment on my side.

Lets do lunch. If you just follow the bread crumbs ... left by chubby Danny, he is who too fat to fall down pits ... our group should be easy to find.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #3176
The Jackal
Coordinator

haha, that was a good one.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #3177
The Jackal
Coordinator

Thankfully my staff is now upgraded. It sssssounds like CF when it kilssss thingssss.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #3178
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Thankfully my staff is now upgraded. It sssssounds like CF when it kilssss thingssss.

Nice, that should help avoid some of the embarrassment you ran into with the Gargoyle.

I expect that I'll want to check out the Djinni for the same purpose a couple of days from now if the Dungeon does not provide.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:16 AM   #3179
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

I like the sssound of that.

Ssssso hasssss one of you fine adventurerssss disssscovered the magic formula for who winssss what with the djinni? doessss he jussst like ccccertin people more?
Old 04-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #3180
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And I am both happy and sssad that I won the power juicccce potion. Ready to move out of thissss room I think now.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #3181
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
And I am both happy and sssad that I won the power juicccce potion. Ready to move out of thissss room I think now.

I never remotely thought I had a chance to win it, and thus submitted no bid. But I was sort of hoping that I could dissuade a couple lower folks from competing for it. I know, I know ... evil.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #3182
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I never remotely thought I had a chance to win it, and thus submitted no bid. But I was sort of hoping that I could dissuade a couple lower folks from competing for it. I know, I know ... evil.

I know I missed a few days worth of xxxxp but I alssso am alone and am not sssplitting anything to make up for it. I really did think that you hoops and danny didn't have a lot becausssse other than kwhit and autumn I think you've been in a group the longessst (and thusss making the leassst). However you might have been knocking out roomssss quicker than othersss but you were complaining a lot of roomsss without monssstersss.

I really didn't think I wasss lowest. Maybe I wasss tho or maybe everyone elssse jussst forgot to shop or put that in their lissst.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #3183
Thomkal
Head Coach

I put in a bid just on the off-chance few people did. I figured CF would win given that he hasn't moved as much as many of us.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #3184
hoopsguy
General Manager

Prior to a couple of days ago, our party had not seen a lot of monsters, but were still getting XP in the rooms. It was just relatively boring compared to what we were seeing other folks experience.

I would love to see some kind of a Faerie update that suggest "X number of players are Level something" to help provide a little more perspective.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:51 AM   #3185
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

We may have gotten a bad sprite roll for the day as I think they usually dispense their wisdom around movement time.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #3186
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Prior to a couple of days ago, our party had not seen a lot of monsters, but were still getting XP in the rooms. It was just relatively boring compared to what we were seeing other folks experience.

I would love to see some kind of a Faerie update that suggest "X number of players are Level something" to help provide a little more perspective.

indeed! more "Someone isss now level 5" and thingsss like that. "Ssssomeone issss finding a trap", "Ssssomeone isss getting their fortune read and winsss aprizzze" etc
Old 04-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #3187
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
This is where information given by Sprites, Pixies, Djinni and Fairies will be collected:

Heya! I'm a Pixie. We're a bit shy, but we don't like seeing nice folk like you die. We come out and help when needed. Our powers are minor, but they are here. Today, at least one of you would have died! Oh no! We couldn't have that, so we appeared and protected anybody from dying. This protection will extend throughout rest of the day, but then are powers are mostly spent and we can't help as much later. Sorry.

The sprites tell you, "This Dungeon has 169 rooms, which is the same it always is. But there is something more outside it!

We heard that four adventurers are already level 2! by Day 2 movement action

Oh no! Not everyone will survive today's movement action!

Nocturne Potions allow you to take a Night Action! Some rooms really need three actions to fully explore.

Most people are level 3. Nobody is level 1 anymore, a few are level 2, and one person has reached level 4 already!

Somebody else has died on Day 7!!!

Before each iteration of The Dungeon, the rooms are shuffled randomly! Well, mostly...

A Fairy Says:

I just want to thank this sis'sharr Kensai for freeing me from that Evil Druid! I have blessed the altar and will give succor rest and knowledge to all who come by my grove, in the second rank of the Dungeon, in room 3E!!!

We would like to announce that The Jackal has slain the most powerful creature on the first level of The Dungeon - The Four Headed Beast of Death!!!

dubb has defeated the most powerful creature in the UnderDungeon, a Mujina!!!

JAG and PurdueBrad crushed the most powerful villain in the second level - a Green Slime!!!

DUBB has FLED from the SPHERE OF ANNIHILATION!!!!!

You mean like this Hoops? (from page 1). Would be nice to see a newer update though
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #3188
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yes, that is exactly what I meant, Thomkal. And that list is not fully updated as we got an update that "DUBB has controlled the sphere" but the last levels update from sprites was "most are level 3, none are level 1" ... just wondering what kind of relative position I'm in beyond not being low man on totem pole (that is Crimson, clearly).
Old 04-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #3189
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Yes, that is exactly what I meant, Thomkal. And that list is not fully updated as we got an update that "DUBB has controlled the sphere" but the last levels update from sprites was "most are level 3, none are level 1" ... just wondering what kind of relative position I'm in beyond not being low man on totem pole (that WAS Crimson, clearly).

Fixed The nice thing about winning the potion at the minimum value of XP for the level is I skip the grind of the entire level and jump in front of a lot of others. Neat huh?

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 04-14-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #3190
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, then welcome to Level 5.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #3191
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

granted I don't really know if I"m ahead of others. I've already made lots of bad assumptions. And Danny is no help at all.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #3192
Autumn
Head Coach

I thought Abe should know, given how much effort he put into this game, that I had a Dungeon dream last night. And you were there, and you, and you ...

I dreamt that Abe announced that Dubb had seized control of the sphere of annihilation. Most of us were in the same area of dungeon and kind of stopped to look at each other in concern. Soon, lo, Dubb appeared, a roiling orb of nothingness at his beck and call. I prepared myself, sure the do-gooder would seek out those of evil with it, but he shocked me, and us all, but using it to destroy someone else, of good persuasion.

That was a bit of a relief, but I wasn't about to wait around to see if I was next. I made a run for it, and dived out of the dungeon room, rolling, and avoiding the sphere as Dubb sent it after me.

I made a break for it, but the problem was Dubb was shooting that sphere all over the place and slowly perforating the floor. As I ran off the floor finally collapsed under everybody, revealing a long, long dark drop below it. Abe's voice boomed over us all, explaining that while Dubb had the ability to fly (?) he couldn't do so and control the sphere at the same time. The sphere dropped away, as did the rest of you, and it was only Dubb and I left.

This was an uneasy situation. We quickly encountered a monster, which we dispatched together, but the fight left me with half a hit point. I asked for Dubb to heal me, but he refused, still stuck on our alignment differences. We debated the topic heavily, moving through the dungeon as we did. I didn't dare enter any rooms or trigger any traps in my precarious situation. But in my preoccupation with arguing with Dubb about healing I did trigger something.

"It's because of this stupid mouse," I complained, revealing myself as only a player in a video game, I guess. But my step triggered a sort of holographic vision to appear in front of me. The vision was a black and white movie starring Clark Gable, of people on a ship which they proudly proclaimed was called "The Monte Cristo!"

I had no chance to breathe a sigh of relief. When the vision disappeared we were suddenly surrounded by snarling warriors, some kind of orcs it seemed at first glance. We were both totally outnumbered, but prepared for a final battle to our deaths. As I contemplated the fact that a single hit would kill me though, I decided it was worth a different try. As we both prepared to scream out our battle cry, I instead blurted out, "Welcome!"

The group suddenly relaxed, and with this cry of welcome we both realized that this was a group of elves, not orcs. And that they were waiting expectantly for something more ...

"Welcome to the Monte Cristo!" I said, and everyone rejoiced. Particularly me. We were led by the elves to a rolling land of green and blue water, a sort of elven paradise.

And there my tale ends. Dubb, I hope you have learned something from it. And Abe, that you are happy to have saturated my brain with this game to such a disturbing extent.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #3193
hoopsguy
General Manager

So our (un)dead evil guy dreams of spending the rest of his days in elven homelands with paladins and a sphere of annihilation?
Old 04-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #3194
hoopsguy
General Manager

Maybe if the sphere ran out of control and took out Dubb + the elven homeland ... then you would be onto something.
Old 04-14-2012, 12:45 PM   #3195
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

It means you have issues with your mom and you have deepseeded feelings for Dubb
Old 04-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #3196
Autumn
Head Coach

You weren't in the dream at all, CF.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #3197
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
You weren't in the dream at all, CF.

that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #3198
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Your deal is fair CF. I assume had the shoe been on the other foot you would have let me off with just 75g since I was buying the scroll. Right?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:47 PM   #3199
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Chief and Ragone,
We have opened the small chest, and there are some nice things held within.
3 darts of wounding (each hit for quite a bit) 200 gold a piece
a ring of memory (good for a spell caster to repeat a spell twice in a day)
and a recipe for a ring. ( if we run across the ring of Wraithform we need it.)

We would like the recipe since we may not use the darts or the ring,

In terms of your earlier question Ragone, We would like 100 gold since the ring of protection is worth 150.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #3200
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Your deal is fair CF. I assume had the shoe been on the other foot you would have let me off with just 75g since I was buying the scroll. Right?

*shrug* only ssssuggested that becaussse you sssaid 100. Yeah it doesss suck that we have to worry about transssport. Yeah I'm good with the 100. No worriessss. I jussst cast the spell asss morning action and then we do our Black Market jazzzzz? (I wish it were called White Market. That sssounds less underhanded...)