Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
wade moore
lolzcat

C-USA Week 5 - Files Due Sunday, October 18

Didn't have the chance to write down the matchups, I'll try to be better about that in the future.

No human vs. human games though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
cmp
Pro Rookie

Should be playing tonight. We have Miami, will probably be tough. I've been struggling this year so far. I think I've only actually played the games in this dynasty and nothing else so far. Trying to get back in the swing of it. I'm hoping to turn things around from here on out.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

I beat Fairport (CPU controlled). It was far tighter than it should have been, but I pulled out the win 28-20. I had a TON of guys visiting, so I'm interested to see how that helps my recruiting next run. Finding with how we're setup that it's hard to match up with a guy's interest.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 10-17-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My big screen TV just died. I believe it just needs a lamp bulb replaced. I almost ordered a replacement bulb about a month ago, but I procrastinated

Now, I'll have to wait until at least Tuesday to receive a new one from Sony as they don't ship out on weekends apparently.

As a result, I won't be able to play my game this weekend (was going to play this morning) and more importantly I won't be able to watch USC-ND on the big screen.

Anyway, I'll miss this week's activities in the league.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-17-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
wade moore
lolzcat

We'll see how others go to determine if we just hold up for you EF27.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Don't hold up just for me. I shouldn't have procrastinated getting the bulb. However, I did just get an update on my order and it is currently scheduled to ship out today. I'm expecting it will get here on Monday or Tuesday at the latest.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #7
cmp
Pro Rookie

My game will be done tonight.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:53 PM   #8
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I played my game. I'm going out of town Monday afternoon and won't be back until Thursday. So if you guys want to wait for EF, I have no problems with that.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Definitely don't wait for me..

Sony Style's website said it was shipping on 10/17 and my card was charged. Now, my card has been refunded, my order says it is "processing" and my estimated ship date is "10/17/09." How the heck is the estimated ship date in the past and it is still processing? So, I call for an actual live person who was as worthless of a sales/support person as I've ever talked to. It took her 5 minutes to look up "in her various orders" before she could tell me that she has no idea what the status of my order is. Now, she is passing it along to "Sony Style's investigative team who will contact me in 24-48 hours with an update on the status of my order."

If MBBF hadn't already turned me off on Sony, this experience would have.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #10
wade moore
lolzcat

Doh.. was stalling for you just in case . I will advance either tonight or 5am - might not be able to get on tonight.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2009, 09:02 PM   #11
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

My trip out of town got cancelled. So, whenever we do advance, I will be around.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #12
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Definitely don't wait for me..

Sony Style's website said it was shipping on 10/17 and my card was charged. Now, my card has been refunded, my order says it is "processing" and my estimated ship date is "10/17/09." How the heck is the estimated ship date in the past and it is still processing? So, I call for an actual live person who was as worthless of a sales/support person as I've ever talked to. It took her 5 minutes to look up "in her various orders" before she could tell me that she has no idea what the status of my order is. Now, she is passing it along to "Sony Style's investigative team who will contact me in 24-48 hours with an update on the status of my order."

If MBBF hadn't already turned me off on Sony, this experience would have.

I don't know much about the rear projection TVs, but can't you just pick up a bulb locally? Or is the price a lot better when you order it?
Old 10-19-2009, 09:24 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
I don't know much about the rear projection TVs, but can't you just pick up a bulb locally? Or is the price a lot better when you order it?

I'd gladly pick it up if any of the local stores sold it, but it is a proprietary bulb that is not available in any local stores as far as I can tell (I checked.) There are other places besides the offical Sony store that sell it online, but the price difference isn't enough for me not to just order it from Sony. Besides, most of these places are online sites that I haven't heard of and their service might also suck.

Edit: I really wish I had ordered it about 4 weeks ago, when I came very close to doing so. Wife told me to do so at that time as she noticed the picture dimming occasionally. She's not going to let me forget that she told me to order the bulb 4 weeks ago for a while.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-19-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:38 AM   #14
wade moore
lolzcat

Went to advance this morning and saw mike1409 hasn't played either. Seems silly to advance when 2 out 5 haven't played. I'll PM mike to see what is up.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #15
Mike1409
High School Varsity

I am sorry, I will get my game played this evening. I wish I had a better reason but I just forgot about the league.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:00 PM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
I am sorry, I will get my game played this evening. I wish I had a better reason but I just forgot about the league.

It's all good Mike. I'll advance tonight/tomorrow morning then. PM me after you play.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #17
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'd gladly pick it up if any of the local stores sold it, but it is a proprietary bulb that is not available in any local stores as far as I can tell (I checked.) There are other places besides the offical Sony store that sell it online, but the price difference isn't enough for me not to just order it from Sony. Besides, most of these places are online sites that I haven't heard of and their service might also suck.

Edit: I really wish I had ordered it about 4 weeks ago, when I came very close to doing so. Wife told me to do so at that time as she noticed the picture dimming occasionally. She's not going to let me forget that she told me to order the bulb 4 weeks ago for a while.

Well, good luck with a speedy delivery and install!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The new bulb arrived today. I installed it without incident. It seems to be working well with the exception that the red-green balance seems slightly off now.