Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #201
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

You know, absolute worst case scenario is you could just hardwire your PS3 from your modem for the game.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:23 PM   #202
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
You know, absolute worst case scenario is you could just hardwire your PS3 from your modem for the game.

exactly what i'm going to do...i'll figure this shit out another time
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:58 PM   #203
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Found an old D-Link laying around...set that up and now I'm good to go.

Sorry for the mix up, Groundhog, hopefully that's my last n00b moment.

Sent another invite. I'll be up for a few hours yet so if you still want to get the game in tonight then I'll be around.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:10 AM   #204
Groundhog
Coordinator

Just accepted your game and I'm "ready" in-game, how's it look on your end? Same problem?
Old 11-18-2010, 12:13 AM   #205
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Just accepted your game and I'm "ready" in-game, how's it look on your end? Same problem?

LOL...I'm in the same position. %($&#(*&$(@)#!!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 12:13 AM   #206
Groundhog
Coordinator

Old 11-18-2010, 12:14 AM   #207
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

ok...one more thing to try...give me 5 minutes.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 AM   #208
Groundhog
Coordinator

No probs.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:22 AM   #209
Groundhog
Coordinator

Thanks for the game!

We just couldn't get your offense off the field, and that QB of yours is practically a guaranteed 5 yards per carry every time you run the option.

Having said that, even when we DID get the ball, we couldn't run or pass anyhow!
Old 11-18-2010, 01:54 AM   #210
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Thanks for the game!

We just couldn't get your offense off the field, and that QB of yours is practically a guaranteed 5 yards per carry every time you run the option.

Having said that, even when we DID get the ball, we couldn't run or pass anyhow!

Thanks, groundhog, and great game!

The way that first drive of yours started I thought we were in WAY over our heads. You moved the ball really well and your QB was mobile enough to elude my pass rushers. But, a few drops/defended passes saved our bacon early on. Oh, and that fumble that you scooped up and even picked up a first down had me wondering if it just wasn't going to be our night.

I was a little frustrated because my audibles weren't set to what I had them at last game...I obviously didn't set them in the right place. I was panicking on my first series when I thought I audibled to one play and then I noticed my guys shifting all over the place...AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! LOL!!!

I did find the lag to be pretty bad at times...did you have any issues? And the kicking game certainly presented it's issues. Oh well.

Again, sorry for the confusion trying to get setup. I know now what I have to do to get setup to play so that won't happen again but I've gotta look into getting my router configured properly.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #211
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Took the Noles down! I think we won 28 to 7 and the defense was totally stout for us. We only allowed a td on a stupid running back fumble return.

I think my starting back has 9 on the year in only what 3 games? geez

I have takent he UVA playbook and trying to make the best of it and i think i found a way to make it work. It is tough to play this game and not wanna go 5 wides or use and option offense. I have been sticking with the 1 TE 2 wides set and i finally broke loose in this game which is encouraging.

If you wanna see the defense run rampant over the Noles i put up videos.

GML is a league that is you as a GM and a GM only
http://www.fof-gml.com/forum/register.php?do=addmember

vNFL and House have the forum that shares knowledge and asks for players to constantly challenge thinking in fof.
http://www.bearsruletheworld.com/vnfl/
bighouserulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:00 AM   #212
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
I did find the lag to be pretty bad at times...did you have any issues? And the kicking game certainly presented it's issues. Oh well.

Yeah 1 out of every 3 games has the lag kicking issue. It is just more noticeable on the kicks but is in the game at certain moments.

In order to make the kicks multi tap the r3 button up quickly when it comes to the peak of the kick.

vNFL and House have the forum that shares knowledge and asks for players to constantly challenge thinking in fof.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #213
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighouserulez View Post
It is tough to play this game and not wanna go 5 wides or use and option offense.

Another n00b question...am I cheesin' by running the option? If so, I'll gladly stop as I don't want to be "that" guy. Also, let me know about any other "unwritten" rules so I can up my PS3 street cred.

Loved that 2nd highlight where you rocked the guy...did you edit that replay yourself? I've never seen one with multiple replay angles in one highlight like that before. Sweet!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #214
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

That is the broadcast view when you save the replays. I always watch the replay first because that shows the broadcast view if it is the best angle.

I do not find that as cheese. I find that the option offense is my little blanky. If all else fails and i usually cannot move to the ball my first reactions are 5 wide or option offense. GT is a great school that actually runs it and i am geeked to play you with it. I will be the 10 men in the box and make you passs the ball guy.

It is not cheesing IMO. Cheesing to me is exploiting game limits over and over not playing offenses that the game allows you to use.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:14 PM   #215
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Yeah...option all you want man. In fact, if we play each other, I'm openly inviting you to run the option on every play .
Old 11-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #216
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I do not find that as cheese. I find that the option offense is my little blanky. If all else fails and i usually cannot move to the ball my first reactions are 5 wide or option offense. GT is a great school that actually runs it and i am geeked to play you with it. I will be the 10 men in the box and make you passs the ball guy.

Quote:
Yeah...option all you want man. In fact, if we play each other, I'm openly inviting you to run the option on every play .

LOL...glad to know my ineptitude in the passing game will be playing right into your hands!!! BASTARDS!!!!

Guess I better bone up on a few more passing plays to at least keep you guys somewhat honest.

BTW, I uploaded a few vids from the GT/WF game last night.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:17 PM   #217
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

I have a buddy that we could pull into the league if you guys want another. I am not sure if you want to wait another season or not but let me know.

He probably is not the worst player but is also not the best.

Old 11-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #218
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

I know I'm the resident "new guy" but I'm fine with adding another guy any time.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:04 AM   #219
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I was hoping heading into the Notre Dame game that my offense could turn the ball over 5 times or less. Alas, we didn't meet our goal and the six turnovers to their zero killed us, as we lose, 40-0.

By the way, I checked - no, you CAN'T schedule Boston College as your opponent twice in one season - sorry to disappoint you guys
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #220
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

lol...bummer on the loss to the Golden Domers.

The only issue I see with bringing on yet another guy is that there aren't any crappy teams left to grab. He would have to pick a pretty good team, which means there'd be a chance that a non-FOFCer would grab the ACC title. What I think would be a better idea is to put him on a waiting list, and if BillJ isn't back at the end of this season, he can take over his team.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:50 PM   #221
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

So, I want to re-iterate one of the rules we laid down before the season started.

There is no using USER CATCH in a H2H game. It has been brought to my attention that some people may not be adhering to this rule. I wont name names, but from what I understand, several key plays in one particular H2H game happened directly as a result of that person using USER CATCH. If you have a bad habit of using it...tough. Break yourself of the habit when playing here.

That is all

*edit* I just realized that some people don't even know what USER CATCH is . Ok so, if you take control of an intended receiver, or a DB, while the ball is in the air, EA has programmed the game to give you a much higher chance of coming down with the ball than a CPU controlled player. Some of us are great at using it, but others are terrible. This creates an unfair advantage, so we have just decided to outlaw it's use completely. This rule goes for all FOFC based OD's and a good amount of non-FOFC OD's as well.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 11-21-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #222
Groundhog
Coordinator

N00b question here; what is user catch? I have no idea if I used it or not because I have no idea what it actually is.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:47 AM   #223
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So, I want to re-iterate one of the rules we laid down before the season started.

There is no using USER CATCH in a H2H game. It has been brought to my attention that some people may not be adhering to this rule. I wont name names, but from what I understand, several key plays in one particular H2H game happened directly as a result of that person using USER CATCH. If you have a bad habit of using it...tough. Break yourself of the habit when playing here.

I know you aren't talking about me because I think I've completed all of two passes nor have I even dared to take control of a DB...but we're still allowed to start off controlling a DB, right?
Old 11-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #224
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
I know you aren't talking about me because I think I've completed all of two passes nor have I even dared to take control of a DB...but we're still allowed to start off controlling a DB, right?

That's fine, as long as you don't switch control to the nearest DB after the ball is thrown. If you start out controlling the DB and it's a pass, you're stuck using that DB until post-completion.

By the way, I'm going to advance us to Week 6 in about a half hour.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 11-22-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #225
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Yeah i will do it at least once i am sure. I have yet to have a head to head game so i know i am not named yet. I use the "user catch" and if i use it against you please make sure and tell me as soon as i do.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #226
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Does anyone know if DT has done his recruiting for the week? It says he's still not "green for go" in the commish admin area, but for all I know he just left one 10 minute call in his queue.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #227
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Does anyone know if DT has done his recruiting for the week? It says he's still not "green for go" in the commish admin area, but for all I know he just left one 10 minute call in his queue.

Maybe send him a PM to be sure.

Otherwise, he does have until tonight, according to the schedule so if you don't hear from him then maybe holding off until then would be best...just in case.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #228
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Yeah that's what I did...and I would never advance until I knew for sure. I was just wondering if someone knew otherwise
Old 11-22-2010, 04:19 PM   #229
Groundhog
Coordinator

So user catch = switching to a DB after a pass is thrown and (presumably) trying to get the int?
Old 11-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #230
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
So user catch = switching to a DB after a pass is thrown and (presumably) trying to get the int?

Bingo...or switching to a WR after a pass is thrown and doing the same.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:25 PM   #231
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Yes. But also if you are on offense and switching to your WR after throwing the pass and trying make the catch yourself.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #232
Groundhog
Coordinator

Ah ok. Well, definitely shouldn't have been me that was doing it then!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:26 PM   #233
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I have to resign, due to other circumstances.

Wish you guys luck going forward... it would've been fun.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #234
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Awww...boooo! No worries bud. Let me know if you ever want back in.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #235
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Recruiting done. Sorry Sun Tzu...crashed after our game last night and didn't get it done before the game due to crazy weekend.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #236
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

No worries DT. I'm in the process of advancing us to Week 6 right now. I'll post when we've officially made the change.

bighouserulez, if that buddy of yours still wants in (and you can vouch for his accountability) then tell him he's welcome to set up a FOFC account and post in here. BillJ has stepped down permanently as coach of NC State, which has created an openning. Let me know what he says.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 11-22-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:55 PM   #237
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Welcome to Week 6!

This week we have two potential H2H games as the Boston College Eagles face off against the hosting NC State Wolfpack, and the Virginia Caveliers will travel north to square up against the #10 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. We had a big week of commits as well. Duke inked their first recruit, a 3* speedy WR named Paul Jones. NC State signed a 1* FB, Kevin Hill, who was also being recruited by the Yellow Jackets. Lastly, the Terapins signed 3* DT named Matt Williamson. Several teams have bye weeks this week, so things should go rather smoothly. If we don't find out about the NC State vacancy within the next 24 hours, BC will have the right to play this weeks game against the CPU. Best of luck gentlemen, and most importantly, have fun!

=============== Boston College Eagles (1-3) ===============
Last week, Boston College lost 40-0 against Notre Dame (3-2).
This week, the Eagles travel to Raleigh to face the NC State Wolfpack (2-3).
In recruiting news, the following Boston College targets have announced their decisions:
- (*) FB Jason Kane has committed to Minnesota

=============== Duke Blue Devils (3-2) ===============
Last week, Duke lost 56-35 against Maryland (4-1).
This week, the Blue Devils are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Duke targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) WR Paul Jones has committed to Duke

=============== #10 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (4-1) ===============
Last week, Georgia Tech won 10-0 against Wake Forest (2-3).
This week, the Yellow Jackets will host Virginia (3-1).
In recruiting news, the following Georgia Tech targets have announced their decisions:
- (*) FB Kevin Hill has committed to NC State
- (**) K Daniel Robinson has committed to Mississippi State

=============== Maryland Terrapins (4-1) ===============
Last week, Maryland won 56-35 against Duke (3-2).
This week, the Terrapins are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Maryland targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) DT Matt Williamson has committed to Maryland

=============== Virginia Cavaliers (3-1) ===============
Last week, Virginia won 24-7 against Florida State (3-2).
This week, the Cavaliers travel to Atlanta to face the #10 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (4-1).

=============== Wake Forest Demon Deacons (2-3) ===============
Last week, Wake Forest lost 10-0 against Georgia Tech (4-1).
This week, the Demon Deacons will host Navy (1-3).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 11-22-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:09 PM   #238
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Johnny when are you good to play man?

I will ask my buddy tomorow ST.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #239
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Johnny when are you good to play man?

I will ask my buddy tomorow ST.

Most evenings save for tomorrow night...you?
Old 11-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #240
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Yeah as long as it is about this time. We plan on 1030 tomorow then?

Old 11-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #241
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yeah as long as it is about this time. We plan on 1030 tomorow then?

lol...tuesday evening won't work per the message above.

How about 11pm EST on Wednesday? I'm two hours behind you and I've got a couple of little kids that I need to get to bed by 10:30pm your time.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:37 AM   #242
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Yeah Shaka that is fine. I am not sure if i will be sober the day before thanksgiving but i should be good for a game.

I have 2 and half year old and 4 month old so the 2 year old is sleeping and the 4month old will be eating while i play or sleeping next to me.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:38 AM   #243
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Most evenings save for tomorrow night...you?

lol and how does this message mean not tonight?

Save i took as i should "save" the night to play lol

Old 11-23-2010, 08:48 AM   #244
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yeah Shaka that is fine. I am not sure if i will be sober the day before thanksgiving but i should be good for a game.

I have 2 and half year old and 4 month old so the 2 year old is sleeping and the 4month old will be eating while i play or sleeping next to me.

Ah...fun, fun, fun...mine are 4 and 2...good times, enjoy them!!!

If you are up really late tonight I can play after hockey if you would rather? I get home around 1am my time...3am your time? You still up with the 4 month old then?

Old 11-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #245
bighouserulez
H.S. Freshman Team

Really sometimes man. I think the 11 PM would be better. She is at the point of just starting to sleep through the night. I was up until 2 AM last night and will probably be up the same tomorow but i doubt it on Wednesday as i will be going out right after work for a few hours and that seems to put me to sleep a little earlier.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:34 AM   #246
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Really sometimes man. I think the 11 PM would be better. She is at the point of just starting to sleep through the night. I was up until 2 AM last night and will probably be up the same tomorow but i doubt it on Wednesday as i will be going out right after work for a few hours and that seems to put me to sleep a little earlier.

I'll PM you tonight when I get home from hockey and if you're up, great...if not, we'll shoot for Wednesday night at about 11pm your time.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #247
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Sweet. I got Williamson? Niiiiice. Add that to my rock-solid D-line and I'm feeling good.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:44 AM   #248
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Ok, so I'm ok to play NC State against the CPU whenever I want, correct?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #249
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FYI - I'm going out of town for a week starting next Tuesday. I'll be able to do my recruiting online, but I guess I'll have to set my games to autopilot.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:02 PM   #250
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

CraigSca: Yep, feel free to play the CPU. I never heard from the guy, so we'll just assume that NC State is open to next taker.

DT: Hopefully things will work out timing wise that you wont have to miss any games.