Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-09-2021, 03:23 PM   #1
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

2021 and Beyond

So I'm guessing we'll never see another patch for the game to include things like 17-game schedules, etc.

I know the code was sold (paraphrasing?), but I forget the details on what that means or might mean.

Hard to believe that we don't have an active football sim on the market.

Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 06:26 PM   #2
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I am selling the Front Office Football code to this new company, where we will use it and algorithms based on its concepts to power some of the features in a new sports gaming venture.

Yeah, I was really hoping for some kind of announcement to coincide with the start of the season, at least outlining what the project is or might be. I'm less optimistic as the start of the season moves closer and closer. Hopefully we'll get some sort of announcement come playoff or Super Bowl time.

Last edited by Carman Bulldog : 08-09-2021 at 06:26 PM.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 09:34 AM   #3
RD
n00b

We just have to make the best of what we've got
RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 09:57 PM   #4
Murph
n00b

I think they are probably coding the new game from scratch, so it's going to be a lot of work before they even get to any kind of beta testing or announcements. Also, I believe there is going to be much more graphics involved in the game, which, again, takes a lot of coding.

So I wouldn't expect any type of announcement until spring 2022 at the very earliest. From everything I read, Jim likes to keep things close to the cuff until he's almost ready to put out whatever he is working on, so I'm sure it's a long way to go...

Just imagine the entire process. If they are doing multiple sports games, they have to decide which one will be first to get their full attention. Then, a lot of work figuring out what features will be in the game, how it will work, etc. Then the haggling and discussions on how to best go about it. Then creating a structure for the game... only then does coding begin. And during this process there are almost always MANY changes, updates, and new ideas thrown around, added and removed, etc. etc. Finally, with a new company and new project, it's not a simple, streamlined system... it's all being worked out for the first time.

I remember my first project with my company. Whew, what a mess. Anyway, I think the good news is this: Once we hear something, things will likely move very fast.

As for active football sims... there are MANY on the market currently:

Draft Day Sports Pro Football. I like this game, but the possibilities of the game don't meet with the reality of the game, IMO. Just my eccentricity, I suppose, as most of the community there seems to be happy with it.

Pro Strategy Football. I have specific desires and expectations of a game, so my negative thoughts on this game don't apply to the vast majority of people. Check it out for yourself to make your own decisions.

Football Mogul. Every year I check out the new version, and every year I'm disappointed. Again, it could be more me than the game.

Finally, you can go to this website which has all (or most, at least) of the games out there currently and some reviews on them.... GM Games. 🏈 Best NFL Football & NCAA College Football Simulator Games, Manager, Coach Games and Apps
Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 09:46 AM   #5
MIJB#19
Coordinator

On the bright side, FOF8 (and FOF7 and the no longer for sale FOF2007 and FOF2004) will continue to give us the format that the NFL used from 2002-2019, probably the longest period without format changes, was was a near perfect format.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote