Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #301
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 8, 2013 (afternoon)

Blyth (6-7-14, 22nd) at Wrexham (10-10-5, 10th)

We're probably gonna get our butt kicked again. They're 1:6 faves, we're 10-1 dogs at The Glyndwr University Racecourse Stadium. First meeting they only beat us 1-0 at our place .. but that was before we figured out that we kinda suck. Going to try something different, since I expect this isn't going to go well no matter what, we'll open 4-5-1 Defensive, see what happens.

GK: Knight
D: Giddings, Jones, Antwi, Sinclair
MF: Phillips, Matondo, Wedderburn, Morrison, Vipond
F: Mole
Bench: (Slaughter, Whitaker, Armstrong, Groves, Dovey)

Halftime: Wrexham 2 - Blyth 0
Gave up a goal at 15' after an unstoppable touch pass in the box off a corner
Gave up another at 19' as Knight was late to react to a header off a corner

Outshot 11-2 in spite of having 53% of poss. We can't seem to win anything in the air & it's killing us offensively, we just can't get that one more pass we need to get a chance. We've pushed Matondo up to more of an AMC role, trying to get some help there. Otherwise we don't actually look terrible in this configuration, ratings not withstanding.

Fulltime Wrexham 3 - Blyth 0
Mole hits the crossbar with a lob 1-on-1 at 71'
Cieslewicz banks in a shot off the far post at 77'

We just didn't have any answer for a team that is simply better than us. They tackle well, they dominated the air, outshot us 16-5.

Knight 6.4
Giddings 6.1, Jones 6.9, Antwi 6.1, Sinclair 6.3
Phillips 5.9, Matondo 5.9, Wedderburn 5.6, Morrison 6.7, Vipond 6.8
Mole 6.6
Subs: Slaughter ('65 for Giddings) 6.4, Whitaker ('65 for Matondo) 6.4

Jan 8, 2013 (postmatch)
The loss keeps us in 22nd place but we're now at least 4 points from climbing out of the drop zone.

Physio tells us that Giddings twisted knee, which he gamely played through, is bad enough that he's going to be out 3-4 weeks for treatment. That hurts, he's become a regular rotation with Kulsten at LD/LWB.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #302
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 9, 2013
We have our first noticeable time off in a while, not playing again until Sat Jan 19 when we start tough stretch against promotion candidates Grimsby (H) and Kettering (A) on back to back weekends. We don't currently have another midweek match due until Feb 19, so just once a week for the next four weeks.
---

We didn't get to see much of trialist Louis Almond, one friendly & then he signs an offer from Macclesfield.
---

Our Reserves drew with Gateshead Reserves 1-1. An early goal by Bembo-Leyta from a nice cross by Harrison put us in front. McDonald allowed a ridiculously long shot to tie it in the 69'. Bembo-Leta (MOM) finished at 7.6, on the opposite end was D Theo Brown (5.8)
Old 05-11-2012, 01:16 AM   #303
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 11, 2013
30 y/o D Luke Oliver joins us on trial. Spent the past 4 seasons with Bradford after bouncing around several mid-level clubs since 2000. Veteran who might have something to offer, hopefully we'll figure out whether he does or not.
----

Veteran ST Lee Peacock wants to see me. Wants first team, but he sucked in two outings (sub 6 rtgs), he wants out, I agree. Offer him mutual termination the following day and the idiot declines. He's transfer listed for $400 (valued at $1000) but I expect zero interest.
----

Jan 12, 2013
Our U18s drew Bradford U18s 1-1 on the road. An own goal cost GK Jonathan Henly the chance for a win, Dennis Robson (MOM 7.2) provided our tally.
----
Several players have asked for extended leave, and I've agreed for one week each to Steven Morrison, Jack Harrison and Lloyd Foot.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-11-2012 at 01:18 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:35 AM   #304
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 13, 2013
To our mild surprise, we get a boost. MF Jordan Richards agrees to return for the remainder of the season on loan from Hartlepool. In 6 matches on his first stint he played well, with 2 assists, 1 MOM, and a 6.8 avg rtg.
----

Jan 14, 2013
Callum Hassan's loan finishes & he returns to Hartlepool. He was a disappointment during his stay, with a 6.4 rtg in 5 appearances & had been demoted to our reserves where he did little of note.
---
RD/MR Josh Rowbotham joins us on loan from Hartlepool until the end of the season. The youngster had gotten the blame for some disunity in the locker room at his parent club but we're hoping he's a model citizen during his stay here. 19 is a tough age.
----

19 y/o ST Darren Stephenson joins us on loan from Bradford (Res.) for the remainder of the year. We'll be paying a modest $80/wk (20%) for him, but hopefully his work rate and strength will enable him to give us a badly needed offensive boost.
----

Jan 15, 2013
Our Reserves lost 1-0 at Ryton in a fitness friendly. An own goal allowed by Tamer Dalton in the 65' cost us at least a draw. Notable poor game for Bembo-Leta (6.2), solid outing for Trevor Mutero (6.9).
Old 05-11-2012, 02:40 AM   #305
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 19,2013
A waterlogged field has forced postponement of our match v Grimsby. It's been reset for Tue Jan 29.
----
I don't like extending the layoff even further, I make a phone call ... we'll play at Scottish Premier League side Hearts on Monday .. and bring home a check for $12k.
---

Jan 20, 2013
Frank Sinclair has announced that he will retire at the end of the season.
---

Our three players on leave - Morrison, Harrison, Foot - have all returned
---

Our U18s lost a fitness friendly 2-1 at Ryton. Andrew Musungu scored an early 10' goal ... and we lose by allowing goals at 90' and 93'. The goals came against Jonathan Henley, who had conceded an own goal in his last outing, not a good stretch for the youngster at all.
---

Jan 21, 2013
37 y/o D Ian Breckin has announced his intentions to retire at the end of the season.
----

Jan 8, 2013 (afternoon)

Blyth (6-7-14, 22nd) at Hearts (SPL) Friendly

Let's play somebody already. Plenty of subs expected for this one, would like to just play reasonably well & avoid injury.

GK: Dovey
D: Kulsten, Jones, Antwi, Sinclair
MF: Matondo, Wedderburn, Vipond, Rowbotham
F: Armstrong, Mole
Bench: (cast of thousands)

Halftime: Hearts 2 - Blyth 0
Wedderburn gets a redcard for a nasty tackle from behind before 6'. Stupid.
A scorcher from a distance by Brown puts them in front at 18'
Locke puts home a short try in traffic at 40'

Heavy substitutions at the break, more to come.

Fulltime: Hearts 3 - Blyth 1
Bembo-Leyta steps into the area, spots Mole ... he scores 55'
Brown into the area, draws Dovey to him and shoots past at 78'

Under the circumstances things could have been much worse. Only 29% poss., I could kill Wedderburn for screwing up things so quickly.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-11-2012 at 02:56 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:55 AM   #306
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 22, 2013
I give Wedderburn a formal warning, he accepts it without incident.
----

We sign 18 y/o DC Olly Bashford to a youth contract. Good defensive defender with a little pace. Might be something here someday.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #307
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 23, 2013
Our Reserves beat Middlesborough Reserves 3-2. Trialist Troy Hewitt (MOM 9.6) needed only 38' to notch a hat trick. We took only 6 shots in the match but certainly made them count. McDonald allowed a goal in the 87' to lose his clean sheet, then gave up another in the 89' to make things tense.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #308
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 24, 2013
Hewitt presents an interesting decision for us to make. Clearly he's got scoring potential that we desperately need. On the other hand my entire staff notes his selfish nature and how much he would need to adapt to fit into the squad.

Jan 25, 2013
An easier decision was the signing of Billy Lobjoit to a contract through next season. The young striker came of age recently & with Jamie Mole appearing highly unlikely to resign a reasonable deal, he's probably our future up front.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-12-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #309
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 26, 2013 (morning)
We've reached agreement through next season with F Djeny Bembo-Leta. The 21 y/o showed enough potential that we felt he was worth the investment of $240/week with small bonus clauses.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #310
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 26, 2013 (afternoon)

Blyth (6-7-15, 22nd) at Kettering (13-10-6, 3rd)

Our first league match in 18 days. We managed a scoreless draw with them at home back in September, fairly dominated them in fact (17-4 shots, our favor). I'd definitely take that result today. They're 4:7 faves, we're 4:1 dogs.

D: Kulsten, Jones, Sinclair, Groves
MF: Matondo, Morrison, Vipond, Whitaker
F: Armstrong, Mole
Bench: (Antwi, Richards, O'Connor, Phillips, Hartley)

Halftime: Kettering 2 - Blyth 0
Ifil knocks home a low centering pass from a corner at 13'
Knowles takes advantage of Knight bobble & buries it at 38'

Crappy performance all the way round. I ask for something else in the 2nd half. We'll go to Attacking and see what happens.

Mole & Whitaker with the old 1-2, Mole pots it from the arc at 51:11
Knowles get a loose ball after a Sinclair block, puts it away at 56:45
Vipond with a long ball ahead to Mole ... 1-on-1 lob ... goal at 64:00
Mole is taken down in the area, no call at 72'
Darvill from way downtown for his 20th of the season at 74'
Matondo with a cross for Mole ... hat trick at 78'
2 mins of extra time

Fulltime: Kettering 4 - Blyth 3
Certainly not what I expected. Our usually reliable defense & 'keeping was awful but we get goals with relative ease. Go figure. 3 goals on just 5 shots, unreal.

Knight 5.8
Kulsten 5.7, Jones 6.0, Sinclair 6.3, Groves 5.3
Matondo 6.9 & 1 assist, Morrison 6.7,
Vipond 6.8 & 1 assist, Whitaker 6.8 & 1 assist
Armstrong 5.9, Mole (MOM) 9.5 & 3 goals
Subs: O'Connor (65' for Armstrong) 6.5, Antwi (65' for Groves) 6.4, Phillips (77' for Kulsten) N/A

Jan 26, 2013 (postmatch)
A loss is a loss. We're still 22nd and at least 4 points from safety.

Our U18s beat Consett 1-0 in a fitness friendly with a goal from Dennis Robson. ST Adam Drury twisted an ankle & will be out 5-6 weeks.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #311
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 27, 2013
Any decision on trialist Troy Hewitt was rendered moot this morning as The New Saints of the Welsh Premiere League introduced his as their latest acquisition.
---

We hold a nice little presser of our own to formally introduce Bembo-Leyta.
---

We bring in 26 y/o ST Andy Mangan on trial. Mostly a look see although his physical skills would be an upgrade for us, we simply can't afford him. We also bring on 30 y/o ST Anthony Elding for the same reason, pretty much the same situation.
---

Recent trialist Marlon Jackson agrees to terms with Rotherham. We were not planning to offer him a contract, was fairly unimpressive to be honest.
---

Jonson Clarke-Harris is pissy about lack of first team action. I point out his abysmal performance last time out, finally tell him to get on with his job. He whines to the media, I really don't give a flying fuck.
---

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-12-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #312
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 28, 2013
We bring in 19 y/o MF/ST Bradley Robinson for a trial. Pacy but no stamina & limited skills. Maybe he'll surprise us but I'm not expecting a lot here.
---

Jan 29, 2013 (morning)
Jamie Mole is named to the BSBP Team of the Week first eleven.
---

Jan 29, 2013 (afternoon)

Blyth (6-7-16, 22nd) vs Grimsby (15-6-8, 5th)

Quick turnaround against another top club. We managed a 2-2 draw on the road against them in early September, thanks to a goal by Mole and a late equalizer by Abraham. We did that with a 4-4-1-1, not sure whether to go back to that well again or not. We're 13:2 dogs at home today.

GK: Hartley
D: Slaughter, Antwi, Sawyer, Rowbotham
MF: Phillips, Wedderburn, White, Richards
AMC: O'Connor
ST: Lobjoit
Bench: (Sinclair, Bembo-Leyta, Clarke-Harris, Groves, Dovey)

Halftime: Blyth 1 - Grimsby 1
Wedderburn with a header from the corner by Phillips ... goal at 6:15
Attacking has worked thus far, 5-0 shots in the first 10'
Hearn hits the post, Banya pots the rebound at 25:30
Sawyer is taken down in the area, no call at 37'

Fulltime: Blyth 1 - Grimsby 1
Sub Bembo-Leyta 62' (for Lobjoit)
Sub Clarke-Harris 81' (for Richards)

A good performance overall, we just played a club from the higher end of the table quite even. If we had passed better (63%) might have created that one more chance we needed.

Hartley 6.7
Slaughter 7.1, Antwi 7.1, Sawyer 6.9, Rowbotham 6.9
Phillips 6.9 & 1 assist, Wedderburn 7.0 & 1 goal, White 6.9, Richards 6.8
O'Connor 6.8, Lobjoit 6.9
Subs: Bembo-Leta ('63 for Lobjoit) 6.8, Clarke-Harris (81' for Richards) N/A

Jan 29, 2013 (post-match)
A point is better than none. We're still 3 pts from safety and the clubs in front of us have 1 or more games in hand.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:31 PM   #313
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jan 30, 2013
Our Reserves beat Ryton 2-1 in a fitness friendly on the road. Dean Goodall (MOM 7.3) drew us level, Adam Forster scored the game winner at 71'. Olly Bashford (5.9) looked noticeably sub par in his match debut.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #314
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Feb 1, 2013
No awards for us, gee, that's a surprise.
---

The board is satisfied with my coaching of the team. The capture of Steven Morrison has been particularly pleasing. There are concerns about the 6-1 loss to Forest Green (no kidding). We lost just short of $40k last month.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #315
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Feb 2, 2013 (morning)
Our U18s routed Scunthorpe 4-1. Goals from Tommy Smyth 8', Lokman Kaymaz 60', Bradley Robinson 73' and Chris Ferguson 78' were more than enough. Travis Mutero will miss 5-6 weeks with a twisted ankle.

Feb 2, 2013 (afternoon)

Blyth (6-8-16, 22nd) vs York (12-6-11, 11th)

We stole a point against a promotion candidate, could we steal three against a mid-table side? Time is getting a bit short, 15 matches remain after this one. We're 9:2 dogs at home, in a light snow.

D: Kulsten, Jones, Purvis, Rowbotham
MF: Matondo, Morrison, Vipond, O'Connor
ST: Mole, Bembo-Leyta
Bench: (Antwi, Phillips, Lobjoit, Groves, McDonald)

Halftime: York 1 - Blyth 0
McLaughlin scores in traffic off a corner at 35'

Outshot 6-2 with only 45% of poss. Assistants are furious, so I tell the team I'm far from pleased, most seem motivated by it.

Fulltime: York 1 - Blyth 0
Bembo-Leyta creates a chance but misses wide at 60'
Matondo crosses to Mole in the box ... denied at 66'
Purvis just misses a header from a Phillips corner at 83'
Mole misses on a cross from Bembo-Leyta at 86'
Switch to Overload at 88'
3 mins added

We had the effort, just not the result.

Knight 6.7
Kulsten 6.1, Jones 7.1, Purvis 6.9, Rowbotham 6.8
Matondo 6.7, Morrison 6.6, Vipond 6.6, O'Connor 6.8
Mole 6.5, Bembo-Leyta 6.7
Subs: Groves (65' for Vipond) 6.8, Phillips (74' for Kulsten) 6.9

Feb 2, 2013 (postmatch)
Still 22nd, still 4 points from safety although matches played are now even
---

Lee Peacock wants to be taken off the transfer list. Since the window is closed, I agree. Halfwit.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #316
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Feb 3, 2013
We've signed 19 y/o LD Joe Henderson to a youth contract. He might actually be as good as anyone we've got at the position at this point, at least on the first team.
---

Feb 4, 2013
We've signed 18 y/o RD Michael Wilson to a youth contract. A promising DC for us most likely.
---

We've made an offer to youngster Theo Brown, one of our most talented young players. Didn't want to put him on payroll so soon but BSBS club Eastleigh forced our hand by making him an offer. He's willing to take a $375/p.a. deal, we'll just have to be careful how much we use him.
---

We've signed 19 y/o LD Darren Holden to a youth contract. He's got a lot of developing to do but maybe there's something there.
---

Feb 5, 2013
We've signed 20 y/o ST John Cofie to a contract for $230/wk. He's a member of the Ghana U20 squad and might be our best forward, or at least the most threatening, other than Mole.
---

Feb 6, 2013
36 y/o LD Jalmard Kulsten announces his plans to retire at the end of the season.
---

Our Reserves lose to Sheffield U Reserves 1-0. We give up a penalty at 41' in spite of having a man advantage after two yellow cards to one of their MF's. And we did nothing pretty much the entire match. DC Tom Seery (7.3) was MOM. Chris Ferguson & Hassan Janneh were notably bad (6.2). Jack Dovey mostly went through the motions.
---

Feb 7, 2013
The fans seem excited by all of the recent youth signings.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-12-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #317
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Feb 9, 2013 (afternoon)

Blyth (6-8-17, 22nd) vs Bath (8-6-17, 20th)

If we want to stay up, this match is huge. We're 4 pts behind the team sitting on the bubble. We have them at home. We lost to them 1-0 on a goal in the 90' at their place. We're 6:4 favorites. We have to perform.

D: Kulsten, Jones, Sinclair, Rowbotham
MF: Matondo, Weddeburn, Vipond, Whitaker
ST: Armstrong, Mole
Bench: (Sawyer, Bembo-Leta, Stamp,Slaughter,Dovey)

Halftime: Blyth 0 - Bath 0

We dominated possession (61%) and managed only one shot while allowing two. I tell them to keep working and the result will come ... and to a man they seemed to switch off.

Fulltime: Blyth 0 - Bath 0
Sub Bembo-Leta ('58 for Matondo)
Sub Sawyer ('79 for Mole)
3 mins added time

Thoroughly disappointing. Outshot 6-4 by a bad team. Didn't complete a single cross all day. Only put one shot on target, heck, only one on target by each side. A blown opportunity.

Feb 9, 2013 (postmatch)
5th match without a win, now 6 points from safety (actually 5 but Newport Co has two matches in hand on us). Things are feeling rather dire.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #318
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Feb 10, 2013
Trialist Bradley Robinson agrees to terms with Colwyn Bay.
---

Gavin Fell says it's time for a team meeting.

I calmly tell them to keep their heads up in spite of the blip, if we rally & come together we can still stay up. I let Frank Sinclair speak. He says that the boss (hey, that's me) is right, just stick together & pull in the same direction. Morale seems up a bit, let's get out of here before we screw that up.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #319
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Feb 13, 2013
Our Reserves beat Halifax Reserves 1-0. Theo Brown scored from in close at 30'. Wilson was sent off at 71' after picking up his 2nd yellow card. Things were even at 90' after a Halifax player went off for his 2nd yellow.
---

Feb 14, 2013
Jack Dovey has asked to be placed on the transfer list. I oblige. We have a glut of keepers at this point, can't hardly keep any of them happy.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:38 AM   #320
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Feb 16, 2013 (afternoon)

Blyth (6-9-17, 22nd) at Histon (13-9-10, 9th)

Starting to feel as though maybe we're just not going to get things turned around enough. Whether we do or don't, we still gotta play the matches. We drew these guys 1-1 at home earlier, I'd take that here on the road for sure. They're just a pick'em fave, we're 11:5 dogs.

D: Sinclair, Jones, Antwi Rowbotham
MF: Phillips, Hands, White, Richards
ST: Mole, Bembo-Leta
Bench: (Purvis, O'Connor, D.Stephenson, Slaughter, McDonald)

Halftime: Histon 1 - Blyth 0
Gomez-Pico makes us pay for a turnover, simply outruns the defense at 6'
Sinclair foul in the area leads to a penalty for Holman, he shoots wide at 10'

Too many fouls, otherwise not a terrible half outside of the first miscue, but it was pretty chippy. We tell 'em to settle down a bit, and make it clear we aren't happy. This game is winnable, if only our back line was playing better than crap.

Fulltime: Histon 3 - Blyth 0
White's second yellow card puts us down a man at 81'
Own goal off Jones after a corner, just bounced off his ankle at 85'
Taafe finds a little space & adds insult to injury at 93:45

A simple second half collapse, White's stupidity contributed heavily to that.

Knight 6.1
Sinclair 5.7, Jones 5.8, Antwi 5.7, Rowbotham 6.2
Phillips 6.3, Hands 6.5, White 6.6, Richards 5.7
Mole 6.8, Bembo-Leta 6.5
Subs: Slaughter (61' for Rowbotham) 6.0, O'Connor (61' for Richards) 6.2
Stephenson (83' for Mole) N/A

Feb 16, 2013 (postmatch)
We suck, White is an idiot. I think that's pretty much the takeaway from the postmatch presser. If it isn't, I didn't try hard enough.

That's how I feel after we drop to 23rd, still 6 points from safety but now with just 13 matches left. The only way we're staying up is if there are several miracles -- starting with us just scoring a f'n goal -- and collapses by several teams ahead of us.

I can't help but smile a little at a note from our physio. Disgruntled GK Jack Dovey will be out about a week following a collision with Hassan Janneh during a training session.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:11 AM   #321
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Feb 18, 2013
We grant Rowbotham a week off, at the physio's recommendation.
---

Feb 19, 2013 (afternoon)

Blyth (6-9-18, 23rd) at Dag & Red (24-4-5, 1st)

Nothing like a little midweek match against the first place club to get us back on track ... right? And 3rd place Hayes & Yeading awaits us on Saturday. Such a joyous bit of scheduling after we shit the bed against Histon. There's probably a better chance of a bird flying out of my arse than of getting points today. A plaid bird at that. We're 10:1 dogs, they're 1:6 faves. We'll probably play defensive & try to stay within 5 of them. We'll also give young Seery his first team debut and might see Theo Brown make his as well.

GK: McDonald
D: Giddings, Seery, Sawyer, Groves
MF: Matondo, Wedderburn, Morrison, Vipond
ST: Armstrong, Lobjoit
Bench: (Brown, O'Connor, Mole, Whitaker, Hartley)

Halftime: Dag & Red 1 - Blyth 0
Saunders blasts home a corner to break the tie at 33'

Closer than I would have bet. Outshot 6-3, they've had 54% poss. But we haven't been embarassed ... yet.

Fulltime: Dag & Red 1 - Blyth 0

We hung in there, although getting outshot 17-6 with only 39% poss. isn't exactly pretty.

McDonald 6.4
Giddings 6.8, Seery 7.2, Sawyer 5.9, Groves 6.8
Matondo 6.8, Wedderburn 6.8, Morrison 6.8, Vipond 6.8
Armstrong 6.0, Lobjoit 6.1
Subs: Brown (for Giddings 54') 6.9, Whitaker (for Sawyer 71') 6.9,
Mole (for Lobjoit 83') N/A

Feb 19, 2013 (postmatch)
Not getting embarrassed is better than getting embarrassed but it does nothing for us in the standings. Props to young Seery for a quality debut, Brown wasn't bad either.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:29 AM   #322
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Feb 20, 2013
DC Jordan Mellish wants first team action. I look at his soon to expire contract, I look at this sub-6.0 ratings in two appearances this year. I tell him I'll try to find him a new club.

Feb 22, 2013
We sign 18 y/o ST Pearce Farren to a youth contract. Pretty good physical tools & work ethic. Might as well, for $8/wk.
---

After a couple of days, Jordan Mellish says he's changed his mind, doesn't want to leave. Just as well, even with bargain pricing we got zero offers for him.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #323
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Feb 23, 2013 (morning)
Our U18s got pasted by Middlesborough U18s 5-2 on the road. Jonathan Henly let four past him, added to his misery with an own goal as a 1-1 halftime score turned into disaster. Kaine Sheppard & Dennis Robson both scored in the losing effort

Feb 23, 2013 (afternoon)
Blyth (6-9-19, 23rd) vs Hayes & Yeading (17-11-5, 3rd)

Here we go again, against a club that plays defense about as well as D&R (24 allowed in 33 games). Any point here is a bonus. We're 13:2 dogs at home.

D: Brown, Seery, Antwi, Sinclair
MF: Matondo, Wedderburn, Vipond, Bembo-Leta
ST: Clarke-Harris, Mole
Bench: (Groves, Morrison, Cofie, Whitaker, Hartley)

Halftime: Hayes & Yeading 1 - Blyth 0
Noble runs coast to coast on the counter, cross to Blinkhorn for a goal at 33'

Wedderburn skimmed the top of the crossbar twice in the first 30 mins, we were that close to an early lead.

Fulltime: H&Y 1 - Blyth 0
We somehow managed 13 shots on just 37% poss ... but couldn't score. Again.

McDonald 6.8
Brown 7.1, Seery 6.0, Antwi 6.8, Sinclair 7.0
Matondo 6.5, Wedderburn 6.5, Vipond 6.1, Bembo-Leta 6.7
Clarke-Harris 6.0, Mole 6.8
Subs: Cofie (58' for Clarke-Harris) 6.2, Whitaker (58' for Vipond) 6.9

Feb 23, 2013 (postmatch)
Another moral victory of sorts I suppose. Does nothing to get us clear. We're now 7 pts short of safety, and 9 pts short of the closest team with the same number of matches played.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:23 AM   #324
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Feb 24, 2013
I bring in Clarke-Harris to discuss his crappy performance & instead he immediately goes on the offensive about wanting more first team action. Dude, what part of "you've sucked" isn't getting through? I've had enough of this prima donna b.s. Consider yourself listed you whiny bitch.
----

Trialists Mangan & Elding both leave, neither impressed in their reserve outings.
----

Several clubs have shown some interest in Clarke-Harris but even at reduced price ($100k for a valued $150k) nothing concrete. Several clubs noted that either his demands would be too high or their currently payroll couldn't absorb his demands.
----

Feb 25, 2013
FC Halifax offer to take C-Harris on loan, but only wants to pay 20% of salary & no fee. We counter with $1.5k and 40%.
---
Feb 27, 2013
FC Halifax withdraws their offer.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:50 AM   #325
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Feb 27, 2013
Our Reserves beat Harrogate Reserves 1-0 on a 66' by DC Phil Stevenson. Kieran Gonzalez got the clean sheet victory. DC Lloyd Foot suffered a gashed leg during an accidental collision and will miss 2-3 weeks.

Mar 1, 2013
No awards for us this month, I'm shocked I tell you.
---
Our U18s lost 2-0 at Billingham Town in a fitness friendly.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #326
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mar 1, 2013
The board remains satisfied with my coaching of the team (but for how long?). The fans still like the Steven Morrison signing, nobody likes the 3-0 loss to Histon. And I'm growing more concerned about losses like $47.59k for the month.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:55 AM   #327
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mar 2, 2013
Blyth (6-9-20, 23rd) at Braintree (6-3-26, 24th)

Honestly, if we don't win this one maybe it's time to pack it in. We're really bad but they're terrible. We've got a -25 goal differential through 35 games. Their GD is minus 43. We beat them 3-0 earlier in the year. They're also 4:5 faves while we're 3:1 dogs on the road. I'm honest with the team: I expect a win out there today.

D: Brown, Jones, Seery, Rowbotham
MF: Phillips, Hands, Morrison, Whitaker
ST: Mole, Bembo-Leta
Bench: (Sinclair, Wedderburn, Cofie, O'Connor, Knight)

Halftime: Braintree 2 - Blyth 0
Marks steps around a defender & fires to give them the lead at 8:44
Bembo-Leta misses an empty net at 19'
Marks beat a slow defender and fires another rocket for his 2nd goal at 37:41

I believe we've found rock bottom. Outshot 7-2, only 43% poss. Only 65% passing. 10 fouls to their 5. Switched to 4-4-1-1 Attacking.

Fulltime: Braintree 3 - Blyth 2
Wright hits the crossbar, runs onto his rebound on the line & scores at 53:45
Seery's header from a corner by Phillips lets us dodge the shutout at 68:15
Morrison is hurt, sub O'Connor 75'
Mole crosses wildly into the area, O'Connor is there and scores at 85:25

I say nothing to the club afterwards, although I stop by to thank a few players for their effort or to congratulate them on individual performances. I also let Bembo-Leta know that I'm not happy with his 6.0, asshole actually has the audacity to be angered by that.

Hartley 6.5
Brown 5.8, Jones 5.3, Seery 7.7 & 1 goal, Rowbotham 6.7
Phillips 6.9 & 1 assist, Hands 5.9, Morrison 5.7, Whitaker 6.5 & 1 assist
Mole 6.8 & 1 assist, Bembo-Leta 6.0
Subs: Sinclair (54' for Brown) 6.9, Wedderburn (54' for Jones) 6.9, O'Connor (86' for Morrison) 7.3 & 1 goal

Mar 2, 2013 (postmatch)
9 without a win ... and counting. That's pretty much it for us I think.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:57 AM   #328
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

March 3, 2013
I call Jones in for a talk, he actually thinks he played well. I put him on the reserves, let's see if that gets the message across. The fans have been calling for him to be dropped for several weeks, so has my staff.
---

John Cofie will be away for international duty for the Ghana U20s.
---

Mar 4, 2013
Young GK Alex Archer broke down in training today and appears to be suffering from a double hernia. He'll be out 2-3 months.
---

Alan O'Connor is named to the BSBP Team of the Week first eleven.
---

Our Reserves lost a fitness friendly at Whitley Bay 2-1.
---
Mar 6, 2013
Our match against Mansfield originally set for Sat Mar 23 has been pushed back to Wed Mar 27 due to their FA Trophy match against Kettering.
---

Mar 8, 2013
Our U18s beat Ryton 3-2 in a fitness friendly. Clarke-Harris 12', Drury 55' and Sheppard 62' score to rally us from a 2-1 halftime deficit.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-13-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #329
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mar 9, 2013
Blyth (6-9-21, 23rd) vs Salisbury (18-7-11, 5th)

Time to start thinking about who might be resigned & who might be leaving ... assuming I'm even around to be involved in those decisions. People have started sniping at me about tactics so I'll go 4-5-1 Defensive today. I doubt we'll get more than a few shots, we never seem to when we have too few strikers.

D: Slaughter, Antwi, Purvis, Rowbotham
MF: Phillips, Matondo, Wedderburn, Whitaker, Bembo-Leta
Bench: (Groves, Richards, Mole, O'Connor, McDonald)

Halftime: Blyth 1 - Salisbury 0
Ince goes in hard on Lobjoit in the area, gets a yellow card & we get a penalty shot ... Whitaker buries it top right at 12:21
Antwi is hurt & has to come off at 27' ... Richards on

Outshot 6-1, only 32% of poss, only completing 55% of our passes, their mistake is the only reason we're in front and even that was a very questionable call.

Fulltime: Blyth 1 - Salisbury 1
Sims 25 yard free kick ties it at 57:30
3 mins extra time
They get a breakaway & Knight comes out but they airmail it over the bar at 92:40

We played better in the 2nd half, still only had 36% of poss. but were outshot total 13-6. Thanks for the gift on the penalty.

Knight 6.6
Slaughter 6.0, Antwi 6.9, Purvis 6.9, Rowbotham 7.0
Phillips 6.2, Matondo 6.9, Wedderburn 5.9, Whitaker 6.8 & 1 goal, Bembo-Leta 6.8, Lobjoit 6.8 & 1 assist
Subs: Richards (27' for Antwi) 6.1, Groves (70' for Slaughter) 6.9, Mole (83' for Bembo-Leta) N/A

Mar 9, 2013 (postmatch)
Antwi will miss 4-5 weeks recovering from a broken arm.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-13-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #330
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mar 11, 2013
Our Reserves get a 1-1 draw at Chester-le-Street in a fitness friendly. Jordan Mellish (MOM, 7.0) scored the equalizer at 60'. Notable bad outings for Joe Henderson and Jonson Clarke-Harris, both 5.8.

Mar 12, 2013
Blyth (6-10-21, 23rd) at Welling (14-3-8, 15th)

The string, play it out we will. We're 13:2 dogs on the road, they're 2:5 faves.

D: Kulsten, Seery, Sawyer, Sinclair
MF: Brown, Morrison, Groves, Vipond, O'Connor
ST: Mole
Bench: (Rowbotham, White, Cofie, Wallace, McDonald)

Halftime: Blyth 2 - Welling 0
Mole dribbles inside, spots Groves in the middle of the area .. GOAL at 4:20
Mole takes a long pass from Sawyer downfield, spots O'Connor for a lob finish at 42'

We're not really doing anything well, except for Mole having one of those rare good vision days. Outshot 4-3, only 45% poss, only 64% passing ... and a two goal lead, go figure.

Fulltime: Blyth 2 - Welling 2

McBean scores for Welling at 64:30, perfectly placed low cross
Vipond spots Brown free, buries it ... but he's offside at 75'
McBean hits the post but was offside at 76'
Shot hits the post, rebound hits Sawyer for an own goal to tie at 81:10
3 mins extra time

Our season in a nutshell, even when things go well they go wrong.

Hartley 5.9
Kulsten 6.1, Seery 6.9, Sawyer 6.9, Sinclair 6.3
Brown 6.8, Morrison 6.8, Groves 7.4 & 1 goal,
Vipond 6.8, O'Connor (MOM) 8.3 & 1 goal
Mole 8.2 & 2 assists
Subs: Rowbotham (69' for Kulsten) 6.7, Wallace (69' for Groves) 6.5, Cofie (82' for O'Connor) N/A

Mar 12, 2013 (postmatch)
Nice effort, lousy luck. A fairly meaningless point but better than none I suppose.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-13-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #331
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mar 13, 2013
Gavin Fell says we need another team meeting, lovely.

I tell 'em that until we're mathematically out, we've still got a chance, let's put together a good run. I let captain Frank Sinclair speak, he essentially backs my play. Maybe 2/3rds of the club seemed a little better mood afterwards, I'll take that and we'll get out of here.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #332
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mar 14, 2013
Youth intake hopefuls, friendly versus our U18s. Ends in a 1-1 draw. Hopeful MF Ross Armstrong got a poacher's goal in the 5th minute, MF Tommy Smyth equalized in the 37' with a powerful strike.

MR Niall Thompson pulled a hamstring, will miss 4-5 weeks. DC Andy Willamson suffered a thigh strain & will be out 3-4 weeks.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:53 PM   #333
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mar 12, 2013 (morning)
Our U18s beat Huddersfield U18s 1-0 thanks to an own goal in the 68'. Mostly youth candidates on trial in this one, including one that we signed to a youth contract. 16 y/o ML Ross Armstrong brings pace & decent fitness but has a long way to go before first team football.
---

Mar 16, 2013
Blyth (6-11-21, 23rd) vs Newport Co (10-8-19, 20th)

At home, with a match that could all but end our faintest hopes of staying up unless we win. They're 5:4 faves, we're 7:4 dogs, we played to a 1-1 draw in our previous meeting.

D: Rowbotham, Seery, Purvis, Sinclair
MF: Phillips, Matondo, Hands, Groves, Whitaker
ST: Armstrong
Bench: (Slaughter, Brown, Mole, O'Connor, Knight)

Halftime: Newport 1 - Blyth 0
Sinclair bumps into a Newport player in the area, penalty called, scored 40'
Pretty spotty call just puts our back to the wall
Purvis just misses a header at 44'

Had the ball, just couldn't do much with it

Fulltime: Newport 2 - Blyth 1
We push Whitaker up to AMR at 53'
Azeez banks a shot in off the crossbar at 75'
Phillips corner played to the near post, Seery is there for a late goal at 88:20
3 mins added time

Just not offensively capable of doing anything even when totally sold out in the final 15'. We outshot them 14-7 but only 4 on target to their 3.

Hartley 6.6
Rowbotham 7.1, Seery 7.4 & 1 goal, Purvis 6.6, Sinclair 5.4
Phillips 7.7 & 1 assist, Matondo 6.8, Hands 6.7
Groves 6.8, Whitaker 6.8 , Armstrong 6.5
Subs: O'Connor (70' for Hands) 6.7 , Brown (70' for Sinclair) 6.4
Mole (75' for Groves) N/A

Mar 16, 2013(Postmatch)
Now 12 points from safety, could have been 6 with a win instead of a loss. Longest winless stretch of my career, now at 12 games

I've been warned by the F.A. for my post-match comments about the lousy penalty call, the board is unhappy with the attention I drew & warned me to be careful with my remarks in the future. (What future?)

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-13-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:51 PM   #334
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mar 17, 2013
We sign 16 y/o DC Jon Holland to a youth contract. Good tackling & heading skills, just a lot of work to do in all other physical & mental aspects, but he's young.
----

Our Reserves got a 3-1 win over Dunston in a fitness friendly. Clarke-Harris had a goal & was MOM (8.2), Adam Forster (7.4) also stood out.
----

Mar 19, 2013
Jamie Mole was selected in the BSBP Team of the Week first eleven
----

Mar 20, 2013
Youth GK Rob Fry suffered a chest injury during weight training, he'll miss 3-4 weeks.
----
Mar 21, 2013
With more than a week off, we play another friendly at Hearts, mostly for fitness but also to get the $12k check they'll pay for the match. It was a charming affair from the outset, with Sam Sawyer getting a red card at 8'. Sinclair gets sent off at 24' for his second yellow card. We trailed 3-1 at the half, lost 7-1. Hands scored our only goal, Gonzalez allowed four goals in just 30 minutes of second half action. We were outshot 35-3.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:07 PM   #335
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mar 22, 2013
Our Reserves lost a fitness friendly at Bedlington 2-1, thanks to an own goal suffered by Lewis Whitely in the 55'. Leeroy Chinthengah had a nice match (7.2) and a goal. Sam Sawyer (5.8) and Joe Henderson (5.9) stood out for the wrong reasons.
---

Our U18s lost a fitness friendly at Marske 2-1. Nigel King got our only score with a penalty in the 16'. They leveled thanks to an own goal suffered by Trevor Stoneman at 51', they got the winner at 71'. But we made $160 in appearance money.
----
Old 05-13-2012, 05:46 PM   #336
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mar 27, 2013 (morning)
Our Reserves lost a fitness friendly at Consett 1-0. Jack Dovey (MOM 7.6) had a clean sheet first half but Kieran Gonzalez was victimized early in the 2nd half in relief.
---

Mar 27, 2013 (afternoon)
Blyth (6-11-22, 23rd) at Mansfield (15-11-11, 12th)

Running out of time in BSBP, only 7 matches left counting today. We'll shake it up with another formation, this time trying a 5-4-1 on the road as 9:1 dogs, they're 1:4 faves.

D: Brown, Mellish, Seery, Stevenson, Rowbotham
MF: Phillips, Morrison, Whitaker, O'Connor
Bench: (Sinclair, Groves, Mole, Matondo, McDonald)

Halftime: Mansfield 1 - Blyth 0
Sutton header from a corner at 23' puts them in front

Outshot 11-2 ain't no way to go through life son.

Fulltime: Mansfield 2 - Blyth 0
Switch to 4-4-2 75'
Green scores on the counter at 86:45

We were outshot 23-5. Need I say more?

Hartley 6.1
Brown 6.6, Mellish 6.6, Seery 6.1, Stevenson 5.9, Rowbotham 6.8
Phillips 6.7, Morrison 6.4, Whitaker 6.8, O'Connor 6.4
Lobjoit 6.5
Subs: Mole (64' for Morrison) 6.5, Matondo (64' for Stevenson) 6.4,
Groves (79' for O'Connor) N/A

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-13-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #337
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mar 27, 2013 (postmatch)
Another match, another loss.

Meanwhile our U18s suffered a 4-1 drubbing in a fitness friendly at West Auckland. Our only score came from an own goal.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #338
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Mar 30, 2013 (afternoon)
Blyth (6-11-23, 23rd) vs Aldershot (24-8-7, 2nd)

This should be fun, huh? We're 7:2 dogs at home, they're 4:6 faves. We'll try the 4-5-1 Defensive.

D: Henderson, Seery, Purvis, Groves
MF: Matondo, Hands, Wedderburn, Vipond, Bembo-Leta
ST: Mole
Bench: (Brown, Morrison, Chinthengah, White, McDonald)

Halftime: Aldershot 1 - Blyth 0
Jeffers beats Knight 1-on-1 at 40'. 3 defenders pushed out too far.

Outshot 14-1, only 42% of poss. Lousy passing, lousy tackling.

Fulltime: Aldershot 2 - Blyth 0
Switch to 4-4-1-1 Counter 63'
Madjo pounds home a loose ball right in front at 88', that mistake is on Hands.

Outshot 21-2, spectacularly bad when you consider we had 50% of poss. for the match.

Knight 6.6
Henderson 5.7, Seery 6.0, Purvis 6.7, Groves 6.6
Matondo 6.1, Hands 5.3, Wedderburn 6.1, Vipond 6.7, Bembo-Leta 6.1
Mole6/5
Subs: Brown (58' for Henderson) 6.6, Morrison (63' for Bembo-Leta) 6.7, Chinthengah (83' for Mole) N/A

Mar 30, 2013 (postmatch)
Joe Henderson suffered a thigh strain while awkwardly striking a ball. Treatment or injection? Seriously? Treat him, not like it matters at this point. He'll be out 3-4 weeks.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-13-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #339
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Apr 1, 2013
Hey, whaddya know, an award of sorts. Alan O'Connor's chip shot against Welling is the runner-up for BSBP Goal of the Month.
---

The board remains satisfied with my coaching of the team, our growth in stature since I took over is the big reason. The loss to Histon still rankles. We lost $57k last month, apparently the per appearance guys are killing me financially now.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #340
Izulde
Head Coach

Times like this you just want the season to be over. Hope you survive the demotion.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #341
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Times like this you just want the season to be over. Hope you survive the demotion.

Yeah, I'm more than ready for this one to end, just to see whether I'm retained if nothing else.

It's a learning curve. I've got to find a way to avoid handcuffing myself on salary in the pre-season, at the same time I'm not paying crazy money to anybody as it is. Virtually no one that has an expiring contract is going to be back, not because I don't want them but because I simply can't afford them. $10k/week wasn't cutting it in BSBP, IF I'm still around next year in BSBN I figure the number will get cut back to somewhere between $7k-$8k per week.

I'm about to come to the conclusion that all I can hope for are maybe two players per position, with only youth contract guys behind them.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:40 PM   #342
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Apr 1, 2013 (afternoon)
Blyth (6-11-24, 23rd) vs Tamworth (14-8-18, 17th)

5 to go counting this one. We lost to them 1-0 earlier this year. They're 4:5 faves, we're 3:1 dogs. Have to try to stop their star Jean-Paul Marna (21 goals), their next highest has 5. We go back to the 4-4-2 to see if it's more effective after a few matches away from it. Youngster Holden makes his first team debut, let's hope his luck is better than young Mr. Henderson's.

GK: Dovey
D: Holden, Jones, Sawyer, Rowbotham
MF: Phillips, Wallace, Whitaker, Abraham
ST: Armstrong, White
Bench: (Sinclair, Richards, Lobjoit, Bembo-Leta, McDonald)

Halftime: Tamworth 1- Blyth 0
Bradshaw scores following a corner, given away by an awful backpass by Phillips at 39'

An ugly first half all around. Too many fouls, outshot 3-2 in spite of being in Attacking mode throughout the half. Only connecting on 68% of passes.

Fulltime: Tamworth 2 - Blyth 1
Blown defensive coverage in the middle allows Buxton free and we're down 2 at 56'
Phillips crosses into the box for Lobjoit & he buries it (after a missed interception try by the DC) at 69:30
Armstrong takes a hard knock at 78'
3 mins of added time

Outshot them 5-1 in the second half, nearly evened up poss. Greatly improved our passing. Just couldn't overcome the mistakes we made earlier, and the beat(ing) goes on

Dovey 6.4
Holden 5.9, Jones 6.8, Sawyer 6.8, Rowbotham 6.0
Phillips 6.9 & 1 assist, Wallace 5.7, Whitaker 6.7, Abraham 6.1
Armstrong 6.6, White 6.1
Subs: Lobjoit (67' for Wallace) 7.3 & 1 goal, Sinclair (67' for Rowbotham) 6.9, Bembo-Leta (79' for Armstrong) N/A

Apr 1, 2013 (postmatch)
And it's now official, we've been relegated. And with that my office is suddenly a very popular place.

Jamie Mole - wants a new challenge & just wants out
Danny Whitaker - ditto, except I really do see him (signed through next season) as a big part of my future plans. He doesn't care.
Will Antwi - same situation, he threatens to be unhappy & disruptive, I tell him to be a pro & get on with his job ... says he'll concentrate on his soccer
Paul Matondo - same, doesn't care about being in my future plans ... umm, dude, your contract expires in June & we probably couldn't afford to resign you anyway. I say I'll let him go at the end of the season.
John Cofie - disappointingly he wants out (signed through next year, probably our #2 striker), I ask to leave things to a later date
Old 05-14-2012, 11:48 PM   #343
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Apr 2, 2013
Our Reserves lose a fitness friendly 2-0 at Billingham Syn. Matt Rickard was sent off at 14', kina makes it tough to do much after that, although they had a man go off at 64' themselves. Got outshot 14-4 along the way.
---

Our U18s won a fitness friendly 3-0 at Morpeth. Kaine Sheppard had two 2nd half goals, Pearce Farren added the capper at 88'.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:59 PM   #344
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Apr 4, 2013
Reece Hands broke down in training today, will be out 6-7 weeks while being treated for a hernia. That's obviously a season-ender for him. It's also a total of 12 weeks worth of injuries in a five month stretch (by the time he recovers)
Old 05-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #345
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Apr 6, 2013 (morning)
Our U18s lost to Sunderland 6-3 in a wild affair. They scored in the opening minute, got another at 8' on an Olly Bashford own goal, scored again at 13' and again at 16' to go up 4-0. Clarke-Harris hit a penalyty at 61', Andrew Musungu cut the lead in half at 72', they answered at 7'4, we got a goal from Ehab Pemberton at 85' and they answered again at 87'.

15 y/o trialist GK Aston Swayne should never have been on the pitch for this one
Old 05-15-2012, 12:45 AM   #346
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Apr 6, 2013 (afternoon)
Blyth (6-11-25, 23rd) at Lincoln (13-16-13, 14th)

Maybe we'll play better with nothing to lose. Yeah, right. We're 10:1 dogs, they're 1:6 faves. And I just want this to be over with as much as the players do. We'll try 5-4-1 Counter, just to be different.

D: Brown, Seery, Jones, Purvis, Rowbotham
MF: Matondo, Wedderburn, Groves, Vipond
ST: Cofie
Bench: (Sinclair, O'Connor, Stephenson, Bembo-Leta, McDonald)

Halftime: Lincoln 1 - Blyth 0
They need just 11' to get a goal off a corner

Outshot us 3-2 in the half. And that's about all there is to say.

Fulltime: Lincoln 2 - Blyth 1
McLaggon pounds home a perfectly centered cross into the box at 62'
Theo Brown prevents the shutout with a nice header on a long pass by Rowbotham at 88'

Too little too late, although I have to admit that we got a surprising amount of effort from most of the squad today. Outshot 10-7 but we worked hard with the exception of an awful effort by Cofie & another inept outing by Vipond.

Knight 6.3
Brown 7.0 & 1 goal, Seery 6.9, Jones 6.6,
Purvis 6.8, Rowbotham 7.0 & 1 assist
Matondo 6.9, Wedderburn 6.9, Groves 6.5, Vipond 5.8
Cofie 5.9
Sub: Bembo-Leta (55' for Cofie) 6.8, O'Connor (63' for Vipond) 6.9, Sinclair (78' for Purvis) N/A

Apr 6, 2013 (postmatch)
The loss, and 16 matches in a row without a win, drops us to dead last behind Braintree. The goal was Theo Brown's first for us.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-15-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:04 AM   #347
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Apr 9, 2013
Our Reserves beat Spennymoor 3-1 in a fitness friendly. Trailing 1-0 just 4' in, youngster Pearce Farren scored twice before halftime, Kaine Sheppard aded the capper at 50'
---

Apr 12, 2013
Oh goodie, Gavin Fell wants a team meeting. Lovely.

I tell them to keep their heads up, there's some ability here to change our fortunes (*coughbullshitcough*) Most respond somewhat positively, I end the meeting right there.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:33 AM   #348
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Apr 13, 2013 (afternoon)
Blyth (6-11-26, 24th) vs Cambridge (21-9-13, 6th)

They're one point behind Salisbury for the final playoff spot, we're dead in the water. Hmm ... I guess that's why they're 1:3 faves on our pitch. 5-4-1 Counter again

D: McGovern, Seery, Antwi, Purvis, Rowbotham
MF: Brown, Morrison, Groves, Bembo-Leta
Bench: (Sinclair, Wedderburn, Mole, O'Connor, Gonzalez)

Halftime: Blyth 0 - Cambridge 0
Outshot 6-0 but we're still level.

Fulltime: Cambridge 1 - Blyth 0
Atiku with a long crossing pass that hits the underside of the bar & goes in at 58' Un f'n believable bad luck for us there.
Switch to 4-4-2 Attacking at 64'
Switch to Overload at 88'
3 mins added time

A fluke goal costs us at least a point. Outshot 9-2 but for the fluke it should have been a draw. So much for me getting a birthday present I guess.

McDonald 6.7
McGovern 6.7, Seery 7.0, Antwi 6.3, Purvis 6.6, Rowbotham 7.0
Brown 6.7, Morrison 6.7, Groves 6.8, Bembo-Leta 6.7
Lobjoit 6.5
Sub: Mole (63' for Purvis) 6.8 , Sinclair (70' for Bembo-Leta) 6.9, O'Connor (87' for Rowbotham) N/A

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-15-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:16 AM   #349
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Apr 14, 2013
Our U18s play a fitness friendly, losing 2-0 at Bedlington.
---

Apr 17, 2013
Our Reserves play Rotherham Reserves, losing 3-0 while being outshot 16-2.
---

Apr 19, 2013
Our U18s play another fitness friendly, a 0-0 draw at Tow Law Town

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-15-2012 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #350
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sorry to hear about Mole. Clearly my favorite player on Blyth.