Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-24-2018, 12:07 AM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

It's Golden Frog Time! (FM16 Real Maracas)

So I was getting bored with the whole amateur, sign a bunch of grey guys who dominate, promote, etc. in European leagues. After scrounging around, I found Claussen's World Megapack update and after installing some leagues, decided to head to Trinidad & Tobago's Super League (the second division), because I found the best.logo.ever. there. (One of my best students at UArk was also a Trinidad and Tobago native who was a rising star for their national volleyball team before they got hurt).

Is that not the coolest logo you've ever seen?!

I don't know what their actual nickname is, or if they even have one, but I'm calling them the Golden Frogs.

As you might expect with a league of two divisions, they're already a semi-pro team, and the situation is uh... interesting.

Code:
Team Value: $24k Average Ticket Price: $14 Average Season Ticket Price: $71 Season Ticket Holders: 80 Stadium: 700 capacity (Owned by the council) Basic Corporate Facilities, Training Facilities, and Junior Youth Coaching Poor Youth Facilities Average Youth Recruitment Balance: $2,279 Payroll Budget: $6k Transfer Budget: $0 Media Prediction: 10th of 15 teams - Bottom 3 relegate, Top team promotes

We have two players under contract, a 31 year old DC Hayden Vincent who looks amazing and is making $2.5k this year and a 26 year old DC/ST Marvin Manswell earning $3k. Together, they comprise almost our entire wage budget.

So I might see if I can sell off Manswell, but realistically, we're looking at a season where I'm not even going to bother reporting on anything until youth pulls come in. In fact, I'm going on vacation until the youth pulls arrive.

Annnnnd I overshoot the youth pulls by a month, then say fuck it and sign everyone my way too expensive $10k a year assman says we should. At this stage, it's early April, and the table looks like this:

With 28 matches, I can pretty much do whatever the fuck I want for the last 4 games of the year. We're safe from relegation. Board is pissed that we're at $18,000 in salaries after all the youth signings, and I'm just like *shrug*. Oh, and we'll be up over $20k once the remaining youth guys sign and bring us to 15.

Oddly enough, we're making money for the season, because the club is amazeballs at fundraising - $90k so far this year in that category. Our payroll will shoot up next season as a result, and I can cut some of these 12 youth guys easily. We're also lopping off $5.5k in salaries next year because neither of the original two dudes will be back.

I'm not going to break down these guys at length just yet - remember, more to sign, plus I want to just throw them in to my first true formation - what has become one of my primary formations through the FM16 dynasties: 4-1-3-1-1 DM.

@ P/Palo Seco (4th)
G: Dwayne Charles
D: David Stewart/Marvin Manswell/Hayden Vincent/Akil Scotland
DM: Trent Cummings
M: Jamal Romano/Bradley Delice/Michael Lewis
AMC: Shaquille Leslie
S: Darren DeFreitas

70 - That's some bullshit. He was fucking offsides! 0-1

We played about as ugly as you'd expect us to, and of course, Darren DeFreitas, whom I consider our best prospect gets hurt first game and is out 5-6 weeks.

vs Guaya United (5th)
D: David Stewart/Akil Scotland/Hayden Vincent/Akil Marshall
DM: Trent Cummings
M: Jamal Romano/Bradley Delice/Michael Lewis
S: Marvin Manswell

At the half, Scotland shifts to DR and Nicholas Richards is in at DC. I stupidly didn't see the auto-lineup put the grey guy in at goalie, so he's pulled for Charles

67 - Richards hoofs a long ball down the middle of the pitch to Manswell. Three defenders are on him in the right half of the box, so he passes left into space, and surging forward is Leslie for the loft shot over the outstretched arms of the keeper's head!!!! 1-0

72 - Richards intercepts a ball and starts a counter move capping in Lewis on the right wing centering to Delice in space. A horde of defenders is swarming on him, so he passes into the box space. Manswell is first and beats the keeper on the 1v1 for his obviously team-leading 13th goal of the season 2-0

74 - Eh 2-1

76 - WHAT THE FUCK?! WHTY THE FUCK ARE YOU HELPING THEM OUT YOU SHITTY ASS BAR?!?! FUCK YOU!!! 2-2

Heartbreaking to come so close to a huge upset, only to let it slip away. Still, we got the point we mathematically needed to stay up with two games left to play.

WASA - Water & Sewage Authority - which is as hilarious a team name as I've seen in FM, clinches the title.

Akil Scotland is very quickly getting on my shitlist. He's been a major part of why we've failed to pick up more points the last couple games. My assman thinks we need to keep him, but my assman can go to hell.

Last two games next time, because I'm sick of being in front of a computer all damned day.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:52 AM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Stokley Vale (6th)
D: David Stewart/Devorn Phillips/Hayden Vincent/Akil Marshall
M: Jamal Romano/Bradley Delice/Kevin Jamerson/Michael Lewis

Our lone DM is out with a virus, so flat 4-4-1-1 it is.

4 - As expected 0-1

13 - Jamerson steals the ball and shoots it down the pitch to Manswell. Shot is pushed away and it rolls left into space. Romano/b] is *just* fast enough to get a quarter-step on the defender and put away the rebound for his first Golden Frog goal! 1-1

35 - Caught napping on the free kick 1-2

73 - They're just far too talented for us 1-3

[b[75
- Romano hits the aerial cross and Lewis is able to head it down into the box for Jamerson to put away the debut goal 2-3

Tough loss to take, as I felt like we played well enough to win here. Still searching for my first W.

vs Police B (13th)
D: David Stewart/Devorn Phillips/Hayden Vincent/Akil Marshall
M: Jamal Romano/Bradley Delice/Kevin Jamerson/Michael Lewis

55 - We desperately need to improve our keeping next year. Richards for Phillips; Jamerson out to MR and Cummings in at MC after they score 0-1

67 - Romano dribbles into the box and shoots. Defender blocks it. Leslie is open for the rebound long shot. Keeper deflects it, and finally Manswell is able to sink the equalizer in 1-1

70 - Jamerson intercepts a goal kick and laterals to Cummings and lateral again to Leslie. Longball hits Manswell and he dribbles into the half-circle for a stunning, searing shot and go ahead goal!!! 2-1

83 - Leslie's corner finds Richards, but he doesn't like what he sees, so back out right to Leslie it goes. Pass into the box for Manswell and no one is around as he slams in the hat trick in his final Golden Frogs game!!!!! 3-1

9.4 and PotM for Marvin Manswell, 9.0 for Shaquille Leslie, and 7.0 bench outing by Nicholas Richards. Pissed at being benched is Devorn Phillips

But we finally get a win in the last game of the season, and send Police's B team down!!!

But then suddenly the 10th place club is sent down instead?! Oh. They're the Club Sando B team and the senior squad was the Pro League's lone relegation.

I finalize a year extension for my assman, who is now up to 11 JPA/12 JPP. With some reluctance, he agrees to stay for the $10k salary, which is good, because the board refuses to pay more.

4 games (less in some cases) isn't enough to get a good read on dudes, so I'm not going to bother posting year-end stuff.

I sign on for another year at the same $34k rate, and next season is when the game really begins.

Old 05-26-2018, 05:17 PM   #3
Izulde
Head Coach

Re-signing: DC Hayden Vincent (32) - 2 years, $2.1k/year
After a lot of hemming and hawing, I re-signed him to a cheaper contract. Quite simply, he's our best player even at his age and the perfect team captain. That's a savings of $400 from his original deal and without any bonuses tacked on.

We get $90k in sponsorship deals, a slight drop from the original $95k, but the money is still such an infusion, suddenly the board is setting $160k a year payroll budget and $11.33k transfer budget Time to go shopping!!!!!

Only we don't have a scout. Oops. They're cheap enough to hire - $1.5k for a 7 JPA/5 JPP who is best available.

We're 20th in reputation amongst Trinidadian teams. Goes to show how meh the country is.

Transfer In - DL Nicholas Samuel (16) - From Stokley Vale - Free Transfer
Signed to a two year deal paying him $7k a season. 11 Decisions, 12 Flair, 14 Teamwork, 11 Acceleration, 10 Pace. Only thing I'm not in love with is his shitty Determination. In 9 appearances last season for our division foes, he had 2 assists, was named PotM 3 times, and had an average 7.46 rating. So this is a pretty damn big pickup if he can replicate that success for us.

Transfer In - GK Michael Amoroso (18) - From Harvard Sports Club - Free Transfer
Only posted a 6.54 at the level below, but who knows what kind of defense he had in front of him. 11 Aerial Reach, Concentration, and Decisions, 12 Positioning, Teamwork, and Jumping Rate. Signed to a $1.8k a year deal for the next two seasons, so it's not like I'm breaking the bank.

Transfer Out - DC/ST Marvin Manswell (27) - To Police (TRI) - Free Transfer
Gets a $4k deal. He was our leading scorer last season, but I was pretty much whatever on him. Besides, he doesn't fit our youth window.

The Trinidadian Pro League jumps up from 10th to 6th in the North American Leagues rankings, which sounds impressive until you realize the top flight in this island nation is 2*. The Mexican First Division is tops in North America at 3.5*, MLS 2nd at 3*, followed by Costa Rica's Premier Division at 2.5*, and then a bunch of 2* leagues.

Amateur Signing: ML/AML Javon Wilson (23) - From St Ann's Rangers
11 Crossing, 10 Acceleration, 10 Pace. Blows what we currently have there out of the water. I'm surprised that's all he wanted was an Amateur backup deal, but we'll definitely take it.

Transfer In: ML/AML Damian Pino (24) - From Club Sando - Free Transfer
Posted a 6.82 rating in 18 appearances with their B team at this level last season. 2 years, $7.5k a year. 10 First Touch, 13 Flair, 14 Teamwork, 11 Work Rate, 10 Acceleration, 11 Pace.

Everyone is complaining about the fitness training, even though it's at a perfectly acceptable 2*. I don't know what to tell you, man - we're maxed out on coaches and no one really good wants to coach here.

Transfer In - MC/AMC Everald Corker (16) - From Caledonia United - $2k
We dipped into our transfer money to grab a kid with 10 Passing,11 Flair, 14 Teamwork, 11 Vision, and 10 or better Physical attributes everywhere but Balance and Strength at 5. The low determination pisses me off, and he's our highest paid player at $9.5k, but I think I see something really interesting in him.

The board just wants us to avoid relegation again and doesn't think we'll do anything in the cup game, which is perfectly fine by me. Building this squad is going to be a slow, gradual process. Hayden Vincent retains his captaincy and Damian Pino is the vice-captain, almost certain right now to take over when Vincent retires.

[code]
Team Value: $120k (+$96k)
Average Ticket Price: $13 (-1)
Average Season Ticket Price: $66 (-5)
Season Ticket Holders: 81 (+1)
Stadium: 700 capacity (Owned by the council)
Basic Corporate Facilities, Training Facilities, and Junior Youth Coaching
Poor Youth Facilities
Average Youth Recruitment
Balance: $95,342 (+93,063)
Payroll Budget: $160k (+154k)
Transfer Budget: $9.33k (+9.33k)
Media Prediction: 10th of 15 teams - Bottom 3 relegate, Top team promotes

Transfer In: DC Kirt Lewis (26) - From Point Fortin - Free Transfer
His 6.03 average rating at the pro league was terrible, but he's got 10 Heading and Determination, 13 Teamwork and 11 Strength. Signed to a two year deal paying him $7k a year. Immediate infusion of talent in our backline.

Despite our upgrades, we're still slated to finish 13th and relegate. That makes sense - we still don't have a lot of great players, and our depth is shit.

Transfer In - MC/AMC Kowyn Samuel (33) - From Siparia - $50 Transfer Fee
$3.8k for a year stopgap at either one of those two positions. Had a 6.89 for Siparia last year. 11 First Touch, 12 Flair, 14 Teamwork, 11 Vision and Work Rate, and hopefully his 13 Natural Fitness means he'll be able to hang on to his skills for a full year.

Transfer In - Multi-position Kyle Morgan (25) - From Bethel United - Free Transfer

Very well-rounded player and our first double-digit salary signing. My assman first gave him like 4* and now 2*, but says he's a good player for this level, so he's talking out his ass. Whatever - he's going to see a lot of PT.

vs Siparia
G: Michael Amoroso
D: Nicholas Samuel/Kirt Lewis/Hayden Vincent/Akil Marshall
MC: Bradley Delice/Everald Coker
AM: Damian Pino/Kowyn Samuel/Kevin Jamerson

We're unveiling a new 4-2-3-1 Wide formation at the suggestion of my coaching staff just before the match. Kyle Morgan unfortunately ate some bad fish, so he's out for the opener, but Kowyn Samuel gets to go up against his former club right away. Everyone's talking about how that was a huge steal for us.

24 - Nicholas Samuel makes a great steal on a cross, and on the counter, DeFreitas has it at midfield. Pass to Coker who slips it forward and right to Jamerson for the dribble and shoot, and it's in!!!! 1-0

58 - Wilson comes on at ML and Keston Boucad replaces DeFreitas, who has been bad all game

67 - Coker is under heavy pressure, but he gets it to Korwyn Samuel to the right of him. Defender misses the tackle, and the feed to Jamerson in the box results in a second score!!! 2-0

Obviously Kevin Jamerson is PotM with an 8.8, but don't sleep on Everald Coker's brilliant 8.7 outing, Akil Marshall was a distant third best at 7.1

Nice way to open the season. Who knows? Maybe we'll surprise some people.

Old 05-27-2018, 01:43 AM   #4
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Club Sando (5th)
D: Nicholas Samuel/Nicholas Richards/Hayden Vincent/Akil Marshall
AM: Damian Pino/Kyle Morgan/Kevin Jamerson

Another game featuring one of our guys playing their old team in Damian Pinto's return to his former employer. Sando relegated down after a single season in the Pro League and they're determined to go back up.

54 - Stewart in for Samuel; Akil Sam takes over for tired Morgan

57 - Sigh. 0-1

68 - No excuse for that bullshit 0-2

71 - Marshall's error cost us the first goal and he atones here with a longball all the way down the pitch to Jamerson. The cross to DeFretais for the latter's first Maracas goal 1-2

Tough loss, and it gets even worse when Everald Coker, our best player the first two games, goes out for over 2 months. Really rough blow. Even worse Kowyn Samuel is out 3 weeks with a strained groin. So that's two of our top players down with injury which is just fucking stupid.

vs Defense Force SL (10th)
MC: Bradley Delice/Trent Cummings
AM: Damian Pino/Shaquille Leslie/Kevin Jamerson

24 - We didn't get back fast enough. Such bullshit reffing, too - 2 quick yellows for us, and their guy fouls and just a talking to. 0-1

37 - Delice to DeFreitas to Jamerson all on the diagonal, with the last putting away the score easily. He's quickly emerging as our top offensive threat 1-1

55 - Leslie intercepts a clearance and wings out to Pino. The cross to Jamerson translates to a center to Cummings and the mid-range shot sinks in to go ahead!!! 2-1

57 - Sam is in for Delice; Phillips for Samuel

90 - GOD DAMN IT!!!! FUCKING DEFEND THOSE CORNERS!!! 2-2

92 - DeFretais gets our own cleared corner in the box. He taps off to Jamerson who turns around and gives back left to Cummings. The shot's blocked but a defender, but Lewis is there to put away the bounce ball right on the rebound!!! 3-2

We don't have a PotM, but Trent Cummings netted an 8.6, Kevin Jamerson was his usual great self with an 8.1, and Kirt Lewis' game-winner pushed him up to a 7.3.

@ Stokley Vale (3rd)

42 seconds - Samuel steals the ball on the opening possession and we counter, eventually culminating in a kick back to Marshall on the right side for a booming long ball ahead in space for Jamerson. A defender kicks away the intended cross to Pino, but Cummings is right there to sink the goal!!! 1-0

44 - JFC! We could and should be up 3-0 right now, but DeFreitas keeps blowing easy shots, and they equalize just before half 1-1

46 - Boucand in for DeFreitas, whom I'm tired of watching fuck up

50 - Faggoty ass fucking bar!!!! 1-2

54 - Phillips in for Marshall, who has been shit all day

82 - Delice with the long, screaming free kick into the box, and Jamerson is a step ahead of them all to put in the equalizer 2-2

*Very* frustrating draw, as this is an upset we should have easily hammered down. No such luck, however, and we drop to 9th. But we do have a game in hand, and we've also signed a DR who will come in at the next transfer window.

Old 05-27-2018, 04:01 PM   #5
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Prisons (TRI) (4th)

Yes, we've got Police (B) and Prisons in the same league. Hilarious. Anyway, these guys were tipped as fellow relegation candidates, but like us, they've been a real surprise out of the gate.

4 - Incredible sliding stop of a free kick by Amoroso. Our youth pull guy from last year wouldn't have been that great.

44 - Jamerson has the ball and dribbles right to the sideline. He moves forward and lofts the ball high and hard. It's intended for Pino who blew a sitter earlier, but instead it's a fluke goal for our rising AMR star's 5th score of the year 1-0

61 - Wilson goes in for Pino; Morgan takes over the attacking CM role and Cummings shifts to the defensive CM spot, sitting Delice

72 - Damn it!!!! 1-1

We let another slip away from us due to a meltdown on the left side of the backline.

@ FC Phoenix (11th)
MC: Kowyn Samuel/Trent Cummings

27 - *That* was pathetic 0-1

42 - Great interception by Pino with the precision pass to DeFreitas in the box. Cross hits a streaking Jamerson for the score. 1-1

46 - Just before half, Cummings is dribbling, then passes into the box, where it takes a bounce to DeFreitas. Three defenders are surrounding him on the right side, but he's able to sneak the cross where Pino, slammed by our fans repeatedly, finally scores his first Golden Frog goal!!! 2-1

52 - Jamerson to Cummings for the pretty diagonal into the half-circle and DeFreitas. Our lone strike strides in, then snipes the shot home! 3-1

57 - Awful set piece defense 3-2

58 - Richards goes in for Vincent; Phillips for Nicholas Samuel

83 - ARE YOU FDJASDFSGBIOAIOUGBAUIGWEUIA495YTBHIOAGH89GYA789R3G5R49238G5TUIWBFRT9TG59 3-3

91 - Jamerson shakes off his defender and a screaming cross rips across the ground from right to left into the box, where a Pino who has the defense beat by a step scores his second goal!!! 4-3

Three players with a 9.0 - Darren DeFreitas, Damian Pino (PotM), and Kevin Jamerson, with Trent Cummings netting an 8.3. The backline and our keeper nearly fucked this one up for us, but we *finally* get a win we should have.

With that victory, we jump all the way from 10th to 5th and the fans are absolutely ecstatic.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:14 PM   #6
Izulde
Head Coach

Darren DeFreitas gets called up for the Trinidad & Tobago U20 squad, which is pretty exciting.

vs Guaya United (10th)

49 - Pino's been playing through injury and we've forced off two of their players by wounding them (sorry about that!). Here, he kicks a wide out corner to DeFreitas on the left side of the box. Center to Morgan, and he finally scores his first ever Maracas goal!!! 1-0

53 - Wilson is in for Pino; Richards for Lewis

PotM and 7.8 for Kyle Morgan, 7.2 for Trent Cummings, 7.1 for Hayden Vincent. We really should have won by more than this, but a win is a win is a win.

@ P/Palo Seco (10th)

53 - Wilson in for Pino; Boucand for DeFreitas

86 - Nicholas Samuel throws in to Kowyn Samuel, and the latter dribbles back, back, back, then centers to Cummings. Perfect box pass to Boucand, and the fully healthy substitute striker puts it in! 1-0

87 - FUCK THE IMMEDIATE ANSWER BULLSHIT 1-1

That was a real opportunity to be Top 3 and within striking distance of the title, but we blow it. Still, we move up to 4th, which is way better than pretty much anyone ever anticipated we'd be, including me.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:01 AM   #7
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Barrackpore (15th)

[b]8]/b] - Awful free kick defense 0-1

47 - Utter horseshit! DeFreitas is knocked out and the fucker only gets a warning. In is Boucand

52 - Kowyn Samuel slides to the attacking CM role and Delice replaces Cummings

68 - GARBABGE$%#$^%^% 0-2

Worst game we've played all year. Darren DeFreitas is out 3 months and Nicholas Samuel will miss our next match due to yellows accumulation.

@ Malabar (2nd)
D: David Stewart/Kirt Lewis/Hayden Vincent/Akil Marshall
MC: Everald Coker/Kyle Morgan
S: Keston Boucand

57 - Morgan moves up to Striker, Cummings comes in as the attacking CM, and Wilson replaces Pino

60 - Ugh. Fucking awful 0-1

82 - ARE YOU FUCKING KDDING ME?!?! JAMERSON WAS FUCKING ONSIDES YOU SHITNOBBLER REF!!!!

83 - That was some buslslhiethoawhtoawrhtoawrhoahrtiohwothawothawriothwio fucking buall spdhaohhfapdfhawdfa fa 0-2

There was an awful lot of damned luck involved in this one. Some shitty ass ball physics bounced in their favor. Fucking fuck. Our great season is going down in flames.

Old 06-02-2018, 08:12 PM   #8
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Central (TRI) - FA Trophy 2nd Round
D: Nicholas Samuel/Kirt Lewis/Hayden Vincent/David Stewart

6 - Huge talent disparity 0-1

14 - Bullshit penalty call on Delice, and Amoroso just misses the save 0-2

15 - Whatever 0-3

35 - It's like we're not even trying 0-4

54 - Pfeh 0-5

75 - Scotland, who subbed in for Stewart, scores on a header off a corner kick. Figures. 1-5

84 - Heh 1-6

vs Police B (7th)G: Michael Amoroso
D: Nicholas Samuels/Kirt Lewis/Nicholas Richards/Akil Marshall
AM: Javon Wilson/Kowyn Samuel/Kevin Jamerson
S: Keston Edwards

6 - Breathtaking interception of a throw-in between two opponents by Jamerson. He splits them like pins, dribbles into the box, and adds to his team-high tally! 1-0

51 - Marshall shows great composure on a corner, leaping to head it long to Jamerson. Long pass to Edwards and he dribbles and crosses to Wilson for the first touch pass into the box. Kowyn Samuel receives the ball and scores his first ever Golden Frogs goal!!! 2-0

62 - Awful corner kick defense there 2-1

64 - Scotland and Vincent on for both our DCs

We had a few more easy chances but can't convert. Instead we battle hard defensively and hold them off in a key position battle.

Kowyn Samuel takes home the match ball with an 8.4, and a litany of 8.1s follow him: Javon Wilson and Everald Coker, with Kevin Jamerson just behind at 8.0.

Bradley Delice is out the next game with yellows

@ La Horquetta (9th)
MC: Everald Coker/Trent Cummings

45 - 42l%#^^@3453453536266!!!! 0-1

52 - Scotland in for Vincent; Pino to BWM, replacing Coker, and Wilson takes over at AML

64 - I'm nervous when Pino is elected to take the PK following a triple gang beatdown on Boucand in the box, since he blew a sitter earlier, but he manages to get it through 1-1

87 - Our corner kick defense SUCKS.ASS. 1-2

Sigh. I fucking hate this game sometimes.

Old 06-03-2018, 04:18 PM   #9
Izulde
Head Coach

Michael Amoroso is called up to the Trinidad U20s. As of yet, no one's been capped.

vs Bethel (15th)
MC: Kowyn Samuel/Everald Coker

7 - If we lose to an ass team like this... 0-1

32 - Jamerson dribbles down the right wing and crosses. Defender leaps up and heads it away, but Jamerson is already charging left into the box, smashing the header back into the same spot, where Coker evades the defender to slot in his first Golden Frog goal!!! 1-1

64 - Scotland for Marshall; Coker switches to BWM, Kowyn Samuel moves up to AMC; Morgan to ST to replace the ass Boucand, and Cummings comes in as MC

82 - FUCK YOU!!!!! JQAMERASDGOASGHAS WAS ONSIDSDIESJWEJL3H45L34H561251!!!!!!!!

We got robbed there. And top it all off, Kyle Morgan is out over a month

A couple more transfers get inked for January 29th.

@ Santa Rosa (TRI)

12 - Nothing you can do about those 0-1

40 - Not having our best keeper means free kicks = free goals 0-2

53 - Wilson for Pino; Scotland for Marshall

88 - Final insult 0-3

Akil Marshall gets hurt in training and is out for a month.

Halfway through the season and the table looks like this:

I feel like we can maybe stick around the mid-table. We've had a ton of injuries and a lot of close games that could have swung our way. Probably won't win again until our new talent comes in, but we've an 8 point buffer, which is almost 3 games, so we'll be okay I hope.

Old 06-03-2018, 11:00 PM   #10
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Siparia (6th)
D: David Stewart/Kirt Lewis/Hayden Vincent/Akil Scotland

40 - So Pino blows a sitter earlier in the match, and now Lewis is sent off with an unfair red card. Awesome. Coker is left as our primary CM, with Richards in as the second D, Cummings also sitting.

56 - Wilson in for Pino

63 - JFC. Wilson is whistled for the PK and OFC they convert 0-1

65 - Wilson gets the ball on the cross and centers back in. Tackle after tackle until finally Coker atones for his earlier whiff on an easy one by poking the ball in 1-1

68 - Coker taps it just left to Kowyn Samuel. He's under heavy double-team pressure, so he wings out to Wilson all alone on the left side. Cross, and streaking Jamerson slots it away!!!! 2-1

71 - We just can't defend set pieces at all 2-2

74 - Yep, I already knew how this ashgohasghasoghaoghasgh awas gosghasghasghoasfghoasfgasg 2-3

87 - Kowyn Samuel to Coker to Jamerson diagonal, and on the dribble into the box, our leading scorer spears a pristinely plotted shot in! 3-3

Impressive result, considering A) We were huge underdogs, and B) We played most of the game short-handed.

vs Club Sando (1st)
D: Nicholas Samuel/Nicholas Richards/Hayden Vincent/Akil Scotland
AM: Damian Pino/Kowyn Samuel/Shaquille Leslie/Kevin Jamerson

Yep, we're going with a striker-less formation because we have no one able to play up top who is healthy other than some youth guys I don't like (we're going to be cutting a *LOT* of people in the offseason).

2 - Pino takes the wingout from Leslie and dribbles down the left side. His cross hits Jamerson amidst three defenders. Our boy dribbles left past all of them and kicks the short-range in!!! 1-0

5 - You knew that immediate answer was coming 1-1

51 - HE WAS OFFSISDESs!!!!!!!!!!! Nicholas Samuel is yanked for Stewart and I think I'm going to just transfer list him. 1-2

We had a shot to tie it up towards the end of the game, but Pino once again blew the shot. I'm not quite ready to list him yet, though. Nicholas Samuel is absolutely furious he's been listed, but frankly, he's been one of our worst players this season.

Transfer In - AMR Colin Williams (27) - From Prisons (TRI) - $8k/year
Signed to a multi-year deal with solid physical attributes, including 14 Acceleration, 10 Pace. Also has 11 Flair and 18 Leadership, and may well take over the captain's role. 10 First Touch, too.

Transfer In - ST Dwayne Alzola (29) - Free agent - $8k/year
Also a multi-season contract. While up there in years, he has 11 Dribbling and Finishing, 10 Determination, 11 Off the Ball, 13 Work Rate, 11 Acceleration, and 10 Pace. A touch worrying he only had 1 goal in 20 appearances and a 6.21 average rating at a higher level, but perhaps they weren't using him right.

Transfer In - GK Kevin Mussio (28) - From Santa Rosa (TRI) - $10.5k/year
He was pissed about his lack of PT, but he's even better than Michael Amoroso, with 10 Aerial Reach, Communication, Handling, Reflexes, and Decisions. It's a very slight thing, but still big enough that we'll be set for the future in the net. Also a lengthy deal.

Transfer In - DR Marvin Thomas (17) - From Santa Rosa (TRI) - $1.8k
Yep, we're poaching guys from one of the top teams in the league who haven't been getting enough PT. A rental, and a solid all around player with 12 Teamwork and 10 Stamina. Fills one of our biggest holes.

Transfer In - DLR/WBL Devon Young (17) - From Spiria - $2k transfer fee - $7k
11 Stamina and 17 Teamwork! I'm really excited to see how this kid does, even though he's only signed through the end of the season.

@ Defense Force SL (11th)
G: Kevin Mussio
D: Devon Young/Kirt Lewis/Hayden Vincent/Marvin Thomas
MC: Everald Coker/Kowyn Samuel
AM: Damian Pino/Kyle Morgan/Colin Williams
S: Dwayne Alzola

[b]23[b/] - UGH! An own goal by Lewis 0-1

52 - Scotland for Lewis; Jamerson for Williams

62 - Coker to Morgan to Pino, and there's the equalizer after we miss some open opportunities 1-1

85 - Pino with an amazing steal, and on the counter, Morgan plays it just ahead into space for Pino to pick up and cross to flying Jamerson for the go-ahead goal!!!! 2-1

7.5 for PotM Damian Pino, 7.1 for Kevin Jamerson off the bench, and a number of 7.0s, most notably Devon Young on his debut. That's our first league win a long time.

And of course, our shiny new striker, Dwayne Alzola, is out with injury, for anywhere up to 3 weeks.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:19 AM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

We cut a number of prospects who we felt would never be anything, and Nicholas Samuel left on a free transfer to Guaya United to try and help them dig out of the relegation hole they're in (currently 14th).

[vs Stokley Vale (5th)

9 - Jamerson takes the cross after Pino's incredible interception. He centers to Morgan but the shot's pushed away. Jamerson beats two defenders to the ball and crosses, where DeFreitas, who started at 82% and was a gamble to start, puts it away! 1-0

16 - We just can't stop Tyrone Manning no matter what we do. We're going in hard on him and the bastard still scores 1-1

29 - Thomas runs down a long ball and sends it back to Mussio for the booming kick all the way down the right side of the pitch and Jamerson. Box delivery to DeFreitas and a second score! 2-1

38 - Jamerson outlets back to Thomas, then runs ahead for the return longball at the touchline. Cross, and Pino punches it in with his head!!! 3-1

40 - Manning blocks Vincent's pass and pounces on the loose ball. He's got a clear 1v1 and somehow shanks the shot!

85 - After Pino blows an easy cross, he's pulled for Wilson. Cummings replaces tired Coker, and there's an MC switch.

9.0 and PotM for Kevin Jamerson, 8.3 for Kowyn Samuel, 7.6 for Damian Pino, and 8.8 for Darren DeFreitas in our best game of the year.

10 games left in the season and we're sitting 11 points above the drop with a game in hand. 30 points is traditionally the safe zone and we're at 26.

@ Prison (TRI) (2nd)

39 - Lewis clears out a corner and Pino picks it up on the right side for a firecracker shot down to DeFreitas. Our striker holds up play until he can lay off left to Jamerson, then tap the first touch on the return pass into the box. The ball rolls ahead to two of our guys unmolested, and Morgan slams in the go-ahead! 1-0

67 - Jamerson moves over to AMC to replace tired Morgan, Cummings in at attacking MC because Samuel is also tired, and Williams jogs on at AMR

72 - Ugh 1-1

A game we should have been able to win considering how we played, but we'll take the draw. It's another point to put us 12 up on the drop with 9 to go and one in hand. We're pretty safe right now, and we've gone 2-0-1 in our first three games since we brought in our new talent - even if Dwayne Alzola is currently shelved and Colin Williams is presently battling Kevin Jamerson for the starting AMR spot.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:25 AM   #12
Izulde
Head Coach

vs FC Phoenix (12th)
MC: Everald Coker/Kevin Jamerson

20 - Lots of build up along the backline until Thomas gets it, whereupon he cracks a screaming rope all the way across and down the pitch into the box, where Alzola has everyone beat his first Real Maracas score!!! 1-0

Mussio is saving our ass on shot after shot, because our defense has been dreadful.

50 - Stewart is on for Young; Jamerson moves to AMR and Samuel replaces Williams, who is really struggling to adjust to our style of play.

78 - Pino continues to blow easy shots, but redeems himself here on the free kick by delivering to Jamerson in the box for the desperately needed insurance goal 2-0

Kevin Jamerson's 8.3 walks off with the match ball, but hat tip to Kevin Mussio for an amazing 7.5, and Dwayne Alzola is the 7.4 third star.

St. Ann's Rangers wins the FA Trophy

U18s 1 Youth Candidates 2
Impressive comeback victory by the youth candidates, and while we'll be much more selective about who we take on, it's looking like another banner crop, thanks to our recruitment being pretty darn good.

Youth Signings
ML/AML/MC/ST Ronald Spann (16)
11 Pace, 12 Acceleration, 11 Stamina, 11 Flair. Fairly consistent player, though selfish.

DC/DR Cornell Theobald (16)
12 Aggression, 11 Decisions, 12 Jumping Reach, 10 Strength. Fairly consistent player, but also quite raw.

AMC/ST Akim Peltier (16)
The player I'm most excited about, he has godly mental attributes - 10 Decisions, 15 Determination, 13 Leadership, 18 Teamwork!, 16 Work Rate, and solid all-around physical attributes, though not outstanding. Also 13 Free Kicks. Fairly determined and consistent. Could be a starter right now.

Guaya United (13th)
S: Akim Peltier

10 - Peltier kicks back to Samuel for the wing out right to Jamerson. Exquisite cross hits Pino just right for the shot even he can't miss 1-0

15 - Coker to Morgan for the long pass to Peltier. Our star youth pull dribbles with two defenders on him, then cracks a 30 yarder that finds the net for a debut goal!!! Holy shit!!! We'll be watching that one for some time 2-0

63 - Theobald will also see immediate action, pulled from the bench to to go in for Vincent. Also out is Samuel in favor of Cummings

88 - No one got back in time for that one 2-1

9.0 and PotM for Kyle Morgan, 8.3 debut for Akim Peltier. We slacked off in the second half, which I'm not exactly happy about, though I'm smirking at Nicholas Samuel's 6.4.

We're up to 5th place now, though I think that's where we'll top out at. Currently the bands go like this:

Club Sando - 50 points
-------------------------
Malabar - 42 points
Prisons (TRI) - 42 points
Santa Rosa (TRI) - 40 points
----------------------
Us - 33 points
Stokley Vale - 32 points
La Horquetta - 31 points
Police B - 31 points
Siparia - 29 points
----------------------
Barrackpore - 22 points
and on down

with 6-7 matches to go.

Old 06-05-2018, 04:40 AM   #13
Izulde
Head Coach

Can't sleep, so on we go.

vs P/Palo Seco (11th)

34 - Fucking corners 0-1

42 - Horrendous defending 0-2

49 - Jamerson moves to AMR, Cummings in at CM, Samuel replacing the absolute ass Morgan at AMC

83 - Coker intercepts and hoofs it right to Jamerson. He dribbles into the box and crosses to Pino, but it's too little, too late. 1-2

We played tons better in the second half and frankly should have been able to get at least a draw, if not a win.

I splash $500 down in compensation and $5.5k a year in coaching salary to bring in a guy to rework our training so that Fitness areas are both at 2.5*. If that doesn't satisfy the whiners, I don't know what will.

@ Barrackpore (11th)
MC: Kevin Jamerson/Kowyn Samuel

31 - We'll take that double yellow!!!

54 - Peltier and Cummings in for Alzola and Samuel respectively. Is this where we just admit we made a mistake with Alzola and try to dump him in the offseason?

64 - Williams dribbles down the right flank, and on the center, Peltier powers in the header to finally go up 1-0

76 - Cummings passes left to Williams outside the box, and the delivery to Peltier later, we've got insurance and I think the choice is clear. 2-0

It took us a while to get going, but Akim Peltier's 2 goals off the bench translated into an 8.6 rating and Colin Williams had a breakout 7.9 game.

Welp that attempt to get rid of Dwayne Alzola bombed miserably. He doesn't want to leave and no one else wants him, either. I'd really like to clear that $8,000 dead weight off my books.

vs Malabar (2nd)

3 - Williams to Morgan on the short pass, and then the AMR runs ahead into the box. He and Jamerson are facing off against two defenders, with Morgan's pass hitting the latter. Lateral left, and Peltier beats the defense for the score 1-0

60 - Jamerson to AMR, Samuel at AMC, and Cummings is in as the attacking MC

81 - Fucking terrible kick by Mussio. Right to them 1-1

I'm going to be honest - we didn't deserve to draw that game, much less come close to winning.

I lock up most of my staff for next season with minor pay raises. One coach and Kowyn Samuel will be playing elsewhere next year, however. He's willing to take a small paycut, but his physical attributes, which were never great to begin with, are already declining and he's 34.

@ Police B (9th)

12 - Thomas throws into Morgan despite the double team. He gets it to Williams in the box. Shot between two defenders is deflected, but Williams sinks the rebound for his first ever Golden Frog goal!!! He's a guy that took a while to acclimate, but I saw something in him and stuck with it. Really great payoff as he's adjusted 1-0

34 - Jamerson lays off right to Williams for the dribble into the box, and on the center, Jamerson rises high to smash in the header!!! I had hopes the shift would eventually start working 2-0

42 - Morgan somehow dodges the sliding tackle and passes to Pino in the box. Our left winger doesn't like the double team, so he kicks back to Morgan for the first touch to Jamerson in the half circle. Loft shot goes in!!! 3-0

55 - Mussio with the v.v. stupid own goal 3-1

58 - Jamerson to Peltier for the right side give to Williams. Pass forward to Morgan, and he hits Peltier in the box for our youth pull's 5th goal of the year already! 4-1

65 - With the game well in hand, Spann will get his first action at AML, and Theobald will sub in for Lewis

75 - If we blow this, I'm going to fucking scream 4-2

87 - Morgan to Jamerson to Williams in the box. Just as the defender closes in, he lofts the mid-range shot that finds the net!!! 5-2

Our most complete victory of the season, and with 3 games left, we'll finish somewhere between 5th and 9th most likely (currently 6th). For a team that was supposed to be in a relegation fight, that's an excellent position - especially since I'm only spending about half the wage budget.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:54 AM   #14
Izulde
Head Coach

Just got into work thought. As of our last win, we've lost a little over $14k on the season. That's largely due to the salaries, and we have to ask ourselves some hard questions to get to solvency next year, where our budget is projected to drop to $150k.

Namely - is Kyle Morgan worth $11k a year? Obviously Dwayne Alzola isn't worth $8k, but offloading him is proving to be a headache. Our second-highest earner, Kevin Mussio, at $10.5k a year *has* earned the bucks, even with Michael Amoroso waiting in the wings (and probably going to bitch next year about PT).

Then we get into guys like Everald Coker, Colin Williams, Devon Young - in that $7-9.5k a year band. It'll all make for interesting study at the end of the season.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #15
Izulde
Head Coach

vs La Horquetta (8th)

60 - The usual Jamerson to AMR, Cummings as attacking MC, Samuel at AMC

85 - Thomas with the long, long throw to Cummings. His pass to Jamerson in the box is intercepted, but Cummings takes the ball on the perimeter of the half-circle and drills the long bomb home!!! 1-0

88 - Jamerson draws a double yellow. Ugh.

Trent Cummings' 8.1 off the bench is PotM and our lone standout. Next best is Kevin Jamerson with a 7.2 before his sending off. Ugly win, but we'll take it.

Also out next game is Everald Coker with yellows. Not that it matters - winning here clinched that we'll finish somewhere in the 5th to 7th band.

@ Bethel United (15th)

11 - Peltier takes the long ball on the right outside edge of the box and holds up play. A defender's on him, but he kicks back to flying Williams for the precision cross to Pino and the score is on 1-0

58 - Samuel goes left to Pino, and the pass into box space is easy for Peltier to pick up the 1v1 and get the insurance goal, as we overcome laziness in the first half. 2-0

82 - Morgan clears out a set piece and Williams runs down the loose ball for a boomer down the right flank to Peltier. Hold up of play, ground cross to Pino, and we've clinched these guys are going down. 3-0

Everyone but Kyle Morgan had a 7.0 or higher, with our 3 standouts Damian Pino (9.3 and PotM), Colin Williams (8.0), and Akim Peltier (7.9).

vs Santa Rosa (TRI) (3rd)

21 - Jamerson to Williams for the box lead that Peltier picks up and curls the hook shot in! 1-0

38 - That's why they're a top 3 team 1-1

40 - FUCK YOU!!!! PELTIER WAS ONSIDES!!!!!!

51 - Spann is in for Pino; Jamerson moves to BWM MC and Cummings comes on as attacking MC

53 - Morgan tries to get it to Peltier, but it's nicked. Somehow Cummings fights through three different defenders to get to the ball and send it to Peltier in the half-circle. Moonshot hits, and fuck your offsides shadiness, ref! 2-1

Those assholes get a free shot at the end of the game, but Mussio stops it. Akim Peltier carried us on his back with his 8.8 PotM, Colin Williams his deputy at 7.4. Not a game we frankly deserved to win, but we'll take it.

Hell of a season. Predicted to relegate at 13th, and here we are with a Top 5 finish and firmly cemented status as a second-tier team within the league.

Which raises the question - can we compete for the title next year? *Should* we go for it? The 7-1-1 record since the transfer deadline says we can. Our 12th ranked attendance out of 15 says we shouldn't. We lost almost $26k on the season thus far, so our financial solvency is non-existent - just $114 in the bank before next year's sponsorships. And 6 out of 10 Pro League clubs are Insecure financially.

That pushes me in the direction of trying to dump all our high-priced vets and operating with a even smaller budget.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:23 AM   #16
Izulde
Head Coach

The power of having a strong youth recruitment network - we've found two of our biggest rising stars through there - as well as the overachieving Trent Cummings.

The fallout of my efforts to move on the veterans, especially Kyle Morgan is spectacularly epic. The veterans themselves are furious. But Michael Amoroso is happy, because I've promised him his starting job back once Kevin Mussio is gone.

Weird thing - the board sets initial budgets of $250k and $12k and change respectively - even though we're at a -$4k cash balance.

Nothing really to quibble with here other than Kevin Mussio should have been the pick in goal.

We lock down Marvin Thomas and Devon Young on one year extensions for the same rate, and the same for the holdout coach who was demanding more money initially.

Our sponsorship money is just $80k this year - a $7k drop despite our fantastic season performance. Kind of pisses me off to be honest. Kowyn Samuel is set to retire, but wants to be a scout, refusing my coach offer, even though that's the best place for him.

For some reason I thought we were 20th in reputation in Trinidad last year? Now we're 26th, but our reputation also rose, going from a half-star to a full star. So who knows?

The board expects me to finish in the top half of the league, reach the third round of the FA Trophy and the first round of the Classic Cup. Wait, what?! The Classic Cup?! What's that?!

Quote:
The Trinidad and Tobago Classic, or commonly known as the TOYOTA Classic, is a knockout tournament for teams in Trinidad and Tobago's TT Pro League and National Super League. The football competition began in 2005, with TOYOTA as the primary sponsor, and is currently contested each October and November following the Pro League and Super League seasons

The knockout tournament begins in the first round with all TT Pro League teams automatically entering the competition. Following each National Super League season, the top eight teams in the final league table qualify and enter in the first round as well.

$8.85k for the tournament winner, $6.12k for the runner-up. Not that we're not going to get that far - we're just happy to be able to attend. With those increased expectations, I might need to rethink a few of the guys I've transfer listed.

Transfer In - MC Kerry Brown (17) - From Stokely Vale - Free Transfer
Solid all-around player with 17 Teamwork and 11 Work Rate. With some work, he'll become an AMC as well. Making $6.5k on a one year deal. He'll become a primary backup and essentially replace the retiring Kowyn Samuel's role.

I try to convince DC Jeremy McMeo to sign with us, but even with his friend Marvin Thomas on the squad, he just isn't interested.

Contract Extension - MCL/AML Damian Pino (25) - 3 years - $8k/year - $1k year raise
Got off to a slow start, but blossomed into one of our best players as the season wore on last season. The raise increase is reasonable to lock him down for his prime years for a guy who grades out as our second best player behind Kevin Mussio.

Contract Extension - DM/MC Trent Cummings (18) - 2 years - $1.8k/year
On paper, he doesn't have the talent to be any good. But he was excellent for us last year and slots in perfectly as our attacking MC. Even if he gets surpassed, for that price, he's a very cheap lockup.

Oh, and we also released four youth players to chop another $3.6k off the payroll. In total, we're back to last season's roughly $90k per year in salary expenditures.

Since Kyle Morgan's contract expires at the end of the season and my staff keeps bugging me to take him off the transfer list, I finally do.

Loan In - AMRC/MCR Leon Hernandez (17) - From Defence Force - Season Long Loan
13 Acceleration and 12 Pace are this pint-sized (5'6") winger prospect's primary skills, and he represents quite a contrast to the 6'5" tall glass of water Colin Williams. We've been underachieving in the friendly season, yet to record a win, so the kid will get his shot with an eye towards potentially bringing him in as a long-term solution.

Hayden Vincent and Damian Pino reprise last season's roles as Captain and Vice-Captain, and it's widely expected Pino will become the new captain next year, because I'm not going to renew Vincent's contract.

[code]
Team Value: $70k (-$50k)
Average Ticket Price: $14 (+1)
Average Season Ticket Price: $71 (+6)
Season Ticket Holders: 89 (+8)
Stadium: 700 capacity (Owned by the council)
Basic Corporate Facilities, Training Facilities, and Junior Youth Coaching
Poor Youth Facilities
Average Youth Recruitment
Balance: $39,702 (-$55,640)
Payroll Budget: $250k (+$90k)
Transfer Budget: $12.3k (+3k)[code]

Loan In - DRC Jamal Edwards (17) - From W Connection - Season-Long Loan
12 Marking, 11 Aggression, 12 Decisions and Acceleration, 11 Pace, 10 Strength. Unambitious dude who probably doesn't want to come here long term, and has a host of other problems, but he's an immediate DR upgrade, especially since Marvin Thomas has had injury problems in preseason.

vs Siparia
D: Devon Young/Kirt Lewis/Hayden Vincent/Jamal Edwards
AM: Damian Pino/Kyle Morgan/Leon Hernandez

Yep. We've had injuries to both of our strikers, so we're forced to start the asshole who won't leave.

2 - Jamerson passes right to Hernandez just outside the half-circle. Despite three defenders swirling around him, our loanee slides the pass back to Jamerson in the box and the midrange is good! 1-0

8.8 and PotM for Kevin Jamerson, 7.4 for Leon Hernandez, and 7.1 for Everald Coker as our top 3 performers. I thought about subbing in at some point, but my gut said to just ride our starters.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! Dwayne Alzola, much as I hate him, gets hurt, and is out 6-8 weeks. We're also without Kyle Morgan for 3-4 weeks. The injury woes we get hit with are fucking dumb.

We now have ZERO healthy natural strikers for next game, and only a couple of maybe could play it. Rage rising.

Old 06-07-2018, 03:39 AM   #17
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Police B (14th)
MC: Kerry Brown/Everald Coker
AM: Damian Pino/Kevin Jamerson/Leon Hernandez
S: Ronald Spann

11 - Edwards with an amazing interception of a throw-in deep in our half. On the other end, Spann is facing a triple-team, so he kicks back to Jamerson for the dribble and box feed to Hernandez. He converts the 1v1 for his first Golden Frog goal!!!! I think I'm going to have to try locking this kid down later in the season - he's been amazing for us 1-0

36 - Bleh. 1-1

48 - Edwards plays it mid-long to Spann in the middle of the pitch. He takes two steps outside the half-circle and cracks a 30 yarder that goes in!!! The announcers are absolutely rapturous over the strike, even though Edwards is then immediately pulled for Thomas due to numerous mistakes he's made 2-1

51 - Coker intercepts and Jamerson is just fast enough to beat three defenders to the ball, whereupon he slips it left through a seam to Pino. There's one defender on our left winger as he dribbles a touch, but he's giving him space. Bad idea, as the center comes to Spann in the box, and I'm suddenly wondering if we have a new secret weapon at striker 3-1

71 - That was a bullshit penalty call on Brown. So pissed 3-2

74 - Out goes Brown with Coker moving to BWM and Cummings in at his usual attacking CM spot.

Ronald Spann is the obvious PotM with an 8.8, and he's supported by matching 7.4s from Leon Hernandez and Everald Coker.

FUCK!!!!! LEON HERNANDEZ PICKED UP A SLIPPED DISC AND IS OUT 3-4 MONTHS!!!! That's just horrible news. God damned injury bug!!!!

vs Prisons (TRI) (10th)
AM: Damian Pino/Kevin Jamerson/Colin Williams

Last season's surprise package is off to a rough start this season, but they always play us tough.

62 - Jamerson moves to AMR and Sam comes in at AMC. Wilson gets his shot at AML

I'll take the draw. It's about right for how we played.

@ Santa Rosa (TRI) (3rd)
AM: Damian Pino/Kevin Jamerson/Colin Williams

There's virtually no chance we win this one. Not with all our injuries.

5 - Coker to Spann in the half-circle for the threaded between two defenders box pass to Pino. Defender tackles the ball loose from behind and it rolls into the net for an own goal. They're crying that it's offsides. LOL. Go fuck yourself. 1-0

11 - Happy birthday on that goal 1-1

20 - Oh look. ANOTHER FUCKING INJURY!

Wilson goes in for injured Pino at half.

48 - Edwards slides over to DC to replace suddenly shitty Vincent and Thomas comes in at DR

58 - 1-2

63 - Sigh 1-3

76 - Wilson on the corner and Lewis jams it in to give us a touch of hope! Peltier runs on for Spann as we try and work a miracle 2-3

We played well enough to beat them in the second half - just came down to Michael Amoroso having one of the worst games of his career.

We're without Damian Pino for 3-4 weeks. That means our entire attacking midfielders starting lineup will have missed major time this year with injuries, and we're still really feeling the loss of the electric Leon Hernandez. In his place, Colin Williams has gone back to being terrible.

Old 06-07-2018, 05:08 AM   #18
Izulde
Head Coach

Should sleep but can't.

vs Cunupia (2nd)
AM: Ronald Spann/Kyle Morgan/Colin Williams

A promoted team from the lower leagues, they've been on fire to start the year.

53 - Jamerson moves to AMR, Cummings as attacking MC, and Brown takes over for Coker at BWM

63 - Young muscles the ball off their right winger and on the other end, it's Spann lateraling to Peltier outside the half-circle. Box feed to Jamerson and he mows down the defender, injuring him on way to a fire strike score! 1-0

Michael Amoroso atones for the last game by picking up a 7.1 PotM in this one. It was that kind of match.

@ Marabella FCC (6th)
AM: Ronald Spann/Kyle Morgan/Kevin Jamerson

6 - Edwards charges to secure a loose ball and pushes it left to Morgan, who goes up the horizontal ladder to Cummings. Box feed to Peltier and the breakthrough goal comes in 1-0

At half, Edwards shifts to DC to replace yellow and awful Vincent, with Thomas in at DR

71 - Tired Cummings gets subbed in for Brown and MC switch

Trent Cummings' 7.4 wins PotM, buttressed by matching 7.2s from Jamal Edwards and Kirt Lewis

Next match is a huge one. We're in 3rd place, hosting the #1 ranked team in the league. Just wish our attendance would go up - projections keep coming in at 130, but actual attendees are still the same low 90s they've been each year, even with our increased reputation.

Old 06-07-2018, 09:26 PM   #19
Izulde
Head Coach

vs North East Stars (1st)

13 - That was a stop Amoroso should have made 0-1

33 - We're simply outclassed 0-2

43 - And of course a bullshit offsides call on Spann

47 - Wilson for Spann; Thomas for Edwards

48 - On the counter, Peltier gives to Wilson in the box, and the cross finds Jamerson. This time, flag stays down 1-2

61 - Pure fucking trsh 1-3

vs Police (TRI) (Classic Cup First Round)

10 - FUCK YOU, POST! 0-1

39 - Whatever 0-2

53 - Brown in, [b]Cummings off; DeFreitas in; Peltier off

76 - DeFreitas draws a PK and Morgan converts 1-2

It costs us $9k, but we *finally* get Dwayne Alzola to agree to a mutual contract termination a year early. Expensive lesson learned about veteran players.

Things are kind of frustrating right now - attendance is stagnant, we keep bleeding money despite a low payroll, and yeah. V.V. frustrating.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:45 AM   #20
Izulde
Head Coach

@ P/Palo Seco (14th)
D: Devon Young/Hayden Vincent/Jamal Edwards/Marvin Thomas
MC: Roland Spann/Trent Cummings
AM: Damian Pino/Kerry Brown/Colin Williams

Energy issues cause this lineup shakeup - plus I think Michael Amoroso just isn't ready.

29 - Thomas throws into Young on the left box line. From there it's all right side up the latter - Young to Pino to Williams for the turnaround midrange score 1-0

50 - Edwards charges into the midfield circle to steal the ball and hit a long ball to Peltier in the box on the other end. Their keeper has played brilliantly, but here, our striker is just too fast for him 2-0

72 - Pino slides down to attacking MC, Spann moves to BWM, Wilson as AML and Stewart in at DL

Jamal Edwards notches an 8.4 PotM, our #2 and 3 stars Akim Peltier with 7.5 and Colin Williams with 7.3. We should have won by way more, though.

vs La Horquetta (11th)
AMamian Pino/Kyle Morgan/Kevin Jamerson

6 - We suck at defending set pieces 0-1

14 - Morgan picks off a bad header clearance just outside the half-circle and sends it to Peltier in the box. The score is easy 1-1

48 - Cummings recovers his own stolen pass and sends to Morgan for the on to Peltier in the box after I yell at them at half. In it goes 2-1

50 - Edwards shifts one over, sitting Vincent, and Thomas comes on at DR

58 - Stewart in for Young

82 - Brown in for Cummings and MC switch

8.9 and PotM for Kyle Morgan, 8.8 for Akim Peltier as they cracked on in the second half. Third star is a distant 7.1 with Jamal Edwards who has emerged as one of our most reliable defenders after coming in on loan.

@ Guaya United (10th)

13 - SMH 0-1

46 - Morgan passes to Cummings for the box give to Jamerson. Only it's poked away and the ball is sitting in the half-circle. No problem, as Morgan runs in and slams the shot through from the half-circle! 1-1

49 - Thompson in for Edwards, who is shitting the bed the very game after I praise him

58 - Spann on to replace Pino

60 - WTF is with this suddenly shitlord team?! 1-2

70 - DeFreitas in at striker

vs Stokley Vale (10th)

We've made a slight tweak, switching Akim Peltier to a Defensive Forward rather than his previous Advanced Forward role.

18 - FUCKING SET PIECES!!!! 0-1

25 - Coker is busting ass, winning that ball back twice. Jamerson's fighting a double team outside the box and wings right to a suddenly diverting Cummings. Center and Peltier knocks in the equalizer 1-1

38 - I hate this team 1-2

40 - sdfhlsdogasdhgowghawohawo FUCK YOUR LASTE BUSGLSLSGHLSDOFHSOHADODF OFFSIDEHROSHFOSDHFOASHFHSDGHSOAA

49 - Peltier goes wide and long to Pino, who dribbles untouched until his cross hits Jamerson for the easy equalizer 2-2

54 - Thomas and Stewart replace our suddenly shitty FBs

74 - Thanks for the OG gift 3-2

75 - FUCK YOUR IMMEDIATE ANSWER!!!! 3-3

@ Stokley Vale (FA Trophy 2nd Round)

My hatred of this team knows no bounds. Fuck these guys and fuck their superstar Tyrone Manning

58 - Spann swaps in for Pino, Jamerson moves to AMC, and Williams comes on at AMR. Peltier has been denied by post/crossbar twice so far. But not before an Edwards to Jamerson right flank run, with Pino having just enough gas on the cross to beat his man and score his first goal of the year. 1-0

A trio of 7.4s - Michael Amoroso, Jamal Edwards, and Kevin Jamerson bailed us out, with Everald Coker just behind at 7.3. Never thought we'd beat these guys in a defensive fight.

No money for the win, which fans were thrilled about. What a fucking gyp. How the fuck are we supposed to become a cash money team if we can't make any?

Old 06-09-2018, 01:36 AM   #21
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Petit Valley United (8th)
MC: Kerry Brown/Trent Cummings

2 - Morgan taps back to Brown for the long ball to Pino in the box. Dump off right to DeFreitas and there's his first goal of the year 1-0

45 - Thomas gets a head wound and it's cool to see him play with a bandage on his head (literally there's an animation for that). I'm also smirking that there's a player called Trim on a team that's named Petit Valley. What's not funny? Thomas getting bullshit PK called on him right before half and them converting 1-1

53 - Scotland comes in at DR, Stewart at DL

64 - I'm replacing our whole fucking backline next season 1-2

vs Police (TRI) - FA Trophy Third Round
G: Micheal Amoroso

52 - Spann in for Pino; Edwards shifts left, because I'm tired of Vincent's bad play, with a tired Scotland at DR

69 - DeFreitas on for Peltier

We're on to PKs!

Amoroso just misses blocking the first one 0-1
Morgan denied by the post!!! 0-1
It's over 0-2
Their keeper blocks Coker and yeah 0-2
bleh. 0-3
Spann is the first one to score, but too little, too late 1-3
Yep 1-4

vs Barrackpore (8th)
D: Devon Young/Akil Scotland/Jamal Edwards/Marvin Thomas
MC: Damian Pino/Ronald Spann
AM: Javon Wilson/Kerry Brown/Colin Williams

6 - Fuck this team 0-1

30 - Fuckhead Thomas gets a PK called on him, but Mussio manages to block the shot for once

45 - BUKLSDFJOSFHSODGHAS BULL SHIT BULLSHTI SBHSDHSDHOGHAOGHASGHSFGHOAA WILSON WAS FUCKCING SONOSISDSES YOU SGOPASHGOAWHOSDHFO OSFUYSFOHSDUC DFKSFYHSDOFHWRFESD FUCKC FUFUDKDKU CUF UDK!!!!!!

Jamerson and Stewart fill out our right side at the half and I scream my fucking head off at this shitpile team

51 - I swear to fucking hell I'm going to resign after this game 0-2

60 - *commence throwing things* 0-3

69 - Because why the fuck not?! 0-4

Fan day reaction: "A bumper crowd of 93" LOL. Fuck you.

Malabar opens up as they're struggling to avoid relegation, and I'm listed as one of the favorites there.

As it turns out, I don't quit. I pack my bags and move to another country in the Caribbean.

Fort Road FC - Antigua & Barbuda First Division
What a spectacularly ugly logo. It's like someone threw up a really bad '90s logo in Paint. I'm loling hardcore. But there's a lot to like about this club - $90k payroll with only $15k spent in salaries. A giant 12,000 All-Seater stadium that's admittedly shared with 12 other teams in the 81,799 population capital city of Saint John's. Above average Youth Recruitment, though that honestly the standard for the Saint John's-based team, with many Established.

This team dropped down from the Premier League last season, and are mid-table right now. The seasons are blissfully short - 22 games at this level and just 18 in the Premier League! This is the most interesting situation I've ever been in for sure.

@ Sea View Farm (7th)
G: Mikele Beckles
D: Lloyd Simon/Grey/Molvin Hughes-Mason/Grey
M: Rowan Jahraldo-Mason/Alric Cochrane/Randolph Abraham/Reece Peters
S: Calaum Henry/Chesley Willett

Going with a flat, boring 4-4-2 while I try to get bodies in here and figure this squad out.

58 - Quinton Kirwan goes on for Henry

59 - Peters, a grey guy I signed because his 9 crossing was the highest on the team by far, taps to Kirwan outside the half-circle for the reverse touch right to Willett. Screaming shot sings home! 1-0

Chesley Willett's 8.3 is PotM as he single-handedly took us there. The win moves us up from 6th to 5th.

So, the first two teams in the league promote up. Our league champion is already decided, because they're so far ahead of everyone else, it's just dumb. Then, the 3rd and 4th place teams go into a promotion playoff against the 3rd worst team in the Premier League. There's two games (each team plays each other once), with the winner of the group moving up to or staying in the Premier League, the bottom two either staying in the First Division or relegating down.

In short, it looks like a *lot* of fun.

Old 06-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #22
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
51 - I swear to fucking hell I'm going to resign after this game 0-2

Hell's gotta be pissed at you after you broke your word later in the same post …
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:08 PM   #23
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Hell's gotta be pissed at you after you broke your word later in the same post …

Payback is coming unfortunately. Midway through next post I'll have up later today/tonight your time.

Old 06-09-2018, 06:34 PM   #24
Izulde
Head Coach

We make a flurry of signings to go through in the transfer window and lose one of our guys.

vs Urlings (12th)
S: Quinton Kirwan/Chesley Willett

56 - Henry jogs in for Willett and we swap grey guy DCs

We completely outplayed them, but just couldn't find the ability to put it in the net.

Our assman is hired away, and we get a better, cheaper upgrade. Now that's winning.

vs Sea View Farm (8th)
M: Rowan Jahraldo-Mason/Alric Cochrane/Grey/Reece Peters
S: Calaum Henry/Chesley Willett

33 - Henry laterals to Cochrane for the tap to grey MC and giveback, and all of a sudden, Cochrane launches a 40 yard shot that hits the net for his first ever Fort Road goal!!! 1-0

92 - WHAT THE FUCK?!?! HENRY DRAWS A PENALTY SECONDS BEFORE THE WHISTLE BLOWS AND THEY CONVERT?! 1-1

That's just devastating for our hopes to really become a promotion contention team. What absolute HORSESHIT!

vs Liberta (2nd)
S: Quinton Kirwan/Chesley Willett

51 - Eugene Jeremy, out for months with injury, comes in to replace Cochrane, with Henry subbing in for Willett

62 - FUCKING FLUKE GOAL BULLSHIT!!!! 0-1

83 - Hughes-Mason is knocked out with injury. Grey guy on.

Molvin Hughes-Mason is out 5-6 months, and we've been fucked out of at least 5 points by this stupid fucking engine screwing us over by not making one shot and the bullshit PK, and the fluke shot.

So, so pissed right now.

But the complete overhaul of the squad is happening soon. I've lost count of how many players we're bringing in when the transfer window opens.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:09 AM   #25
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Swetes FC (12th)
D: Lloyd Simon/Grey//Grey
DM: Eugene Jeremy
M: Rowan Jahraldo-Mason/Randolph Abraham/Alric Cochrane/Grey/Reece Peters
S: Chesley Willett/Quinton Kirwan

6 - Abraham has it outside the box, but there's a three defender wall, so he outlets back to Simon for the high ball forward cross into the box. Peters is there and drills it for his first Fort Road goal! 1-0

28 - Beautiful sliding tackle by grey guy defender and Kirwan tracks back to the loose ball. Booming kick down the middle for Willett who dribbles into the box, rolls right, and slams in the mid-range. 2-0

34 - Abraham draws the double team and taps left to Cochrane. Just as a defender gets there, Cochrane feeds it to Willett in the box for the dribble and angled shot behind the keeper 3-0

50 - Pathetic 3-1

51 - Jeremy slams it far and left, and Jahraldo-Mason has just enough gas to beat out the defender. Near post pass to Willett in the box and there's the hat trick!!! 4-1

55 - Fucking PATHETIC! 4-2

62 - You've got to be fucking shitting me 4-3

65 - Henry for Kirwan after the latter absolutely blows an easy shot, and Grey DC for Grey DC

9.4 and PotM for Chesley Willett, 8.5 for Alric Cochrane, 8.1 for Rowan Jahlrado-Martin as we nearly blow it thanks to shitty keeping. 3 games left and we're in 4th place by a slender 2 points. And of course, our next game is against the top team in the league.

Old 06-12-2018, 12:57 AM   #26
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Point West Ham (ATG) (1st)

9 - Peters kicks it back to a grey defender on the free kick, and forward to Abraham. Forward further to Willlett. A defender charges him, allowing our more explosive striker to slip it to Kirwan in the box. He dribbles and buries the go-ahead goal with ease 1-0

11 - Willett runs down the longball from Jahraldo-Martin, keeps dribbling, and crosses across the front part of the box. It's intended for Kirwan, but it rolls long to Peters. He takes it, rushes forward, and crosses back left to Jahraldo-Martin, and the flummoxed goalie watches our left winger's first goal of the year roll on by 2-0

17 - Too good a team to be shut out, and bleh on corners 2-1

40 - Jeremy's free kick on the right side floats horizontally into the box, and Grey Guy DC scores, because everyone ignored him!!! :o 3-1

63 - We have to go asymmetrical on the backline by bringing in a grey guy DC to replace the tired and awful DR. Grey guy on ML too.

75 - Henry jogs on for Willett

Every full-time starter except our keeper had 7 or higher, with the 7.5+ guys Alric Cochrane (7.5), Grey Guy DC 7.7, and PotM Reece Peters, a former grey guy himself at 8.4!

Despite the loss, they still clinch the division title, and manager Marc Nesbitt, who has had stints at three different Antigua & Barbuda clubs on both levels in the three seasons of this universe, enters the Antigua & Barbuda Hall of Fame. Not that it takes a lot - literally one division title or cup is enough to put you in the not so hallowed rankings.

@ Celtic (ATG) (8th)

@ Celtic (ATG) (8th)
M: Grey/Rowan Jahraldo-Mason/Randolph Abraham/Reece Peters
S: Caulum Henry/Quinton Kirwan

Two games left, and we could finish anywhere from 3rd to 9th. It's that tightly packed a division. One thing that's a stone cold lock - we won't relegate.

Grey guy DC switch at half.

56 - Willett comes in for Kirwan

77 - Our exhausted grey guys on the backline put in work, taking the ball away and getting it to Willett deep in their half. He dribbles, kicks back to Abraham, and the long ball goes to Henry's head in the box. Our third choice striker nods on it over the head of the coming out keeper, and the ball rolls into the net!!! 1-0

84 - That's a double yellow for Jeremy, and we swap out the grey guy ML, with Rahnaldo-Martin moving to his natural ML, Abraham moving to DM, and a grey guy on at DC to give us 5 at the back.

89 - Abraham passes to Willett, but the short give to Peters is stripped away. No worries, as Willett gets the rebound and cracks a 30 yard cannon shot into the net!!!! 2-0

8.4 and PotM for Randolph Abraham, 8.1 sub showing for Chesley Willett, and 7.9 for Calaum Henry as we overcome a suspension, a double yellow, and engage in some shenanigans tactically to pull off the massive victory!!!

We're now zeroed in on the 4th-6th range as a result of that win. A key match between 5th and 6th place happens the day before our final game. I'm pulling for a tie, because that clinches promotion playoffs for us.

It doesn't happen. 3-1 victory with ironically a player we're getting in the offseason as PotM with a pair of goals.

Now it looks like this:

4th place - Us - +6 GD - 33 points
5th place - Them - +6 GD - 30 points

If we hadn't gotten so badly screwed over in a couple games this season, we'd already have our playoff ticket punched. But now we have to earn it.

vs Five Islands (8th)
DM: Randolph Abraham
M: Grey/Rowan Jahraldo-Mason/Alric Cochrane/Reece Peters

53 - Grey guy at MR, Henry for Kirwan and striker switch. We've played like ass so far and should be losing

75 - Amazing interception and clearance by Abraham and the longball is perfectly sailed to Henry for a 1v1, and he shanks the fucking shot

78 - NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! FUCK YOU, LONG SHOT!!! FUCK DHFASHODFOASDF DFHOASDOFHSDOHOAEHEOHAWEOEE BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT!! FUCKKSFASODFASA 0-1

FUCKED OVER YET AGAIN! Now all the 5th place team has to do is win, and they go to the playoffs.

And they do, winning 3-1.

ldfasdhfldfogoaofghsodfh FUCK THIS GAME!!!! WE SHOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN FUCKED HARD LIKE WE DID IN THOSE EARLY MATCHES!!!!

Once again, the guy we're getting scores 2 goals and is PotM. The irony levels are fucking killing me right now.

What hurts even worse? If we'd made the playoffs, our 11 new players would be suiting up right away.

Our spend shoots up from $15k to $50k, still well under budget as we literally brought in a whole entire new team. I'll delve more into it later - I'm just super fucking pissed right now.

Old 06-12-2018, 03:18 AM   #27
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - DR/WBR/MR Walter Williams (18) - $60 P/A
18 Aggression, 13 Bravery and Work Rate, 12 Acceleration. A nice all-right side backup to have.

Transfer In - ST Kelly Nesbitt (17) - From Bassa SC
Struggled at the Premier level, but for $3k a year until 2020, he's the perfect Defensive Forward - 12 Aggression, 14 Flair, 16 Teamwork, 13 Work Rate, 12 Acceleration and Pace. He'll obviously start there.

Transfer In - DCR Janiel Santiago (17) - From Hoppers
Another Premier youth raid, he earns $2.1k through next season. 11 Aggression, 10 Decisions, 12 Positioning, 11 Acceleration, 10 Pace, 14 Jumping Reach, and a captain candidate at 14 Leadership. Penned in as a starting DC.

Transfer In - GK Lloyd George (17) - From Bassa SC
12 Aerial Reach, 13 Handling, 10 Reflexes, Positioning, and Agility. $2.5k and he just barely gets the nod over the other keeper we signed. Had 2 shutouts in 5 games for the Premier club, but also allowed 5 goals. Spirited individual.

Transfer In - ST Junior Cochrane (18) - $60 PA/$9 goal bonus
Somehow slipped a bonus by me. 11 Finishing and Flair, and a truckload of solid but not brilliant double-digit physical attributes. Starred as a part-time starter for Grenades this year, who made it to the playoffs in 3rd place, where we should have been.

Transfer In - DLC/ML Brentton Kirwan (18) - From Bassa SC
Another poach who has been struggling. $2.5k salary, with 14 Teamwork and 10 Acceleration. Also projects as a free kick taker with 10 there. Worth noting - much of his struggles came at DC - when he played DL, which is where he'll slot in for us, he was quite good.

Transfer In - ST/AMC/MC Kelly Matthew (17) - From Willikes (Fuck those guys)
We're shelling out $8k in salary for this kid, who just singlehandedly sunk our promotion playoff hopes. 16 Flair is the highlight and he has 11 Leadership and 12 Acceleration, but I'm not seeing a dominant player here. I do think we're going to make some tweaks to our tactics, though, to take advantage of him and others.

Transfer In - ST Brentton Jeremy (17) - $55 P/A
Eye-popping 17 Flair. 15 Aggression and Teamwork, 12 Work Rate, 10 Acceleration. 10 Finishing. Has a lot of work to do on his mental game but we're very quickly dividing the strikers on this squad into Poachers and Defensive Forwards.

Transfer In - MR/AMR Jermaine George (17) - From Parham FC
A little pricey at $6k, but hard to argue with his 16 Flair, 13 Leadership, 11 Teamwork, 12 Acceleration, 10 Pace package. He'll get training on ML to make him more useful. Unfortunately out for 2 months with a dislocated shoulder.

Transfer In - GK Bo Luke (18) - From Five Islands
10 Handling, 11 Reflexes, 11 Agility. The second choice keeper, even on a Key Player deal that pays him $2.5k (this was before I had other players inked on).

Transfer In - DC/DM/MC Marc Jarvis (18) - From Bassa SC
4 of our 11 new players come from that Premier club, which is in the promotion/relegation playoff. Yeah, I'm still mad. 12 Aggression, 16 Teamwork, 12 Work Rate, 10 Acceleration, 14 Jumping Reach.

The upshot of all this activity is that we switch to a 4-3-3 formation, shocking a Premier league side in our first postseason friendly, 3-2.

Transfer Out - ST Brentton Jeremy (17) - To Freemansville
Uh... okay. Plays one friendly and opts to go to a lower division side. Sure. You do you.

Transfer In - ML/AML Luke Simon (18) - From Empire FC
$3k per year until 2020 for a 16 Flair/15 Acceleration/10 Pace left winger who my staff absolutely loves.

Vomit. Willikies goes 1-0-1 for 4 points and promotion to the Premier League. That could have, should have been us. In no one cares news, Otto's Rangers wins the FA Cup.

Youth Pulls
Yep, youth pulls happen *after* the regular season here. The Head of Youth Development is a shitlord, so there's only two guys who captivate my interest:

DC/SW Anderson Derrick (16)
From the jump, he stands out technically - 13 Marking, 12 Tackling, 16 Aggression, 17 Bravery, 11 Decisions, 16 Teamwork, 15 Work Rate, 13 Jumping Reach. Absolutely amazing player, and our best defender. Side Note: Here, youth contracts are $1.3k, so you really have to be selective in who you pick.

MC/AMC Anton Ferrell (16)
11 Passing and Leadership, 14 Aggression and Work Rate, 16 Teamwork. Will definitely see time as our third MC.

Randolph Abraham extends his season for another 4 games, as a Premier club on the verge of relegation loans him in.

I poach Kelly Jahraldo-Martin from Premier Side All Saints United. He's an 11 JPA/9 JPP/9 Youngsters Head of Youth Development who is far superior to the trash Elvis Simon, whom I mutually terminated for $500.

Our shiny new 4-3-3 has been amazing in postseason friendlies, and it makes me excited for the possibilities of next season.

And it's on to the offseason proper. We're not going to add a ton of dudes - we just added 12 of them, 14 if you include the youth signings. Besides, we're bleeding money like crazy due to the rush of talent we brought in.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:49 AM   #28
Izulde
Head Coach

The salt is still real. We won't compile stats because I was only here for the last part of the season.

I decide to make some wholesale changes to our staff - we did retain our Chief Scout despite a pedestrian 7/7 because he's hella cheap, and there wasn't much better out there.

Our reputation naturally declines as we fail to head straight back up, making us the 11th highest reputation club in Antigua & Barbuda (FWIW, Parham FC, the top team, has a 1* reputation).

My assman is a dick and won't sign a new contract so soon after his first one, even though it expires like in a week. Oh, and we only have a $65k payroll budget to work with, even though we're already spending $50k. And the board expects us to get to the promotion playoffs in league, quarterfinals in FA Cup.

We get a nice bump in sponsorship - $12.5k compared to the $9.73k from last year.

Fucking assman leaves. Dick. I find a meh replacement, and also convince the board to let me add another coach.

Because so many teams are competing for stadium slots, we have to re-arrange our friendlies schedule numerous times. Kind of annoying, TBH. Nor can we attract big money names who will fill our stadium and generate boku bucks.

Transfer In - MCR Elvis Williams (19) - From Willikies
I don't remember signing this dude, but he's 11 Passing and Work Rate and our new starter at the MC spot.

We also go to ink an exciting new striker, but he goes down for 5 weeks *right* when we're about to complete the transfer. So yeah, we delay a week, and this game continues to fuck us over.

Jermaine George has been injured twice in the short time we've had him, and he's one of our most expensive wage earners at $6k. Needless to say, I won't be bringing him back.

Promotion Odds
English Harbour: 4-6
Piggotts Bullets: 4-6
Freemansville: 4-6
Fort Road: 5-1
Otto's Rangers: 5-1
Bassa SC: 25-1

Pretty wide open field this season.

Janiel Santiago is named Captain, Elvis Williams is Vice-Captain.

Anderson Derrick, our stud youth pull at DC, tears his hamstring and is out 3-4 months. Just keep fucking us over.

vs Sea View Farm
G: Lloyd George
D: Brentton Kirwan/Molvin Hughes-Mason/Walter Williams
M: Rowan Jahraldo-Martin/Anton Farrell/Reece Peters
S: Quinton Kirwan/Junior Cochrane/Kelly Nesbitt

We have no less than 5 players off on U20 duty, two more guys injured, and one suspended. So it's a very tired, brittle lineup we have out there today.

51 - I don't give a fuck about the ragtag lineup. We shouldn't be losing to these shitlords 0-1

62 - A bunch of subs happen after Jahraldo-Martin gets hurt, because FUCK THIS BITCHNOZZLE GAME, THAT'S WHY!

Fans are devastated by the result. I'm wondering when FM is going to quit dicking me around with bullshit losses and injuries.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:23 AM   #29
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Celtic (ATG) (5th)
D: Brentton Kirwan/Molvin Hughes-Mason/Marc Jarvis/Janiel Santiago
M: Luke Simon/Anton Farrell/Elvis Williams
S: Chesley Willett/Kelly Matthew/Kelly Nesbitt

23 - HE WAS FUCKING OFFSIDES!!! HOW CAN YOU NOT CALL TAHT SHIT?! 0-1

27 - Farrell wings right to Williams for the box entry pass to Matthew. Shot. Deflected. Rebound shot. Deflected. Finally Matthew is able to sink the third attempt and get the debut goal but JFC! 1-1

46 - Farrell charges down a sloppy pass deep in their half and intercepts, spraying left and up for Willett to run down. Dribble and daring cross to the opposite side, and Nesbitt has the opener netter for his own debut goal 2-1

49 - Farrell goes long down the pitch. Defender steals it, but Nesbitt pressures and strips the ball. He dribbles into the half-circle with two guys on him, and calmly slots the long-range into the net, erupting the stands into pandemonium! 3-1

67 - Lloyd Simon is in for Kirwan; Junior Cochrane for Matthew

Obvious 9.0 and PotM for Kelly Nesbitt, with a 7.7 for Anton Farrell, one of last year's two youth pulls, and a 7.5 by Chelsey Willett. Looks like the wide 4-3-3 is meant to be a counterattacking formation.

vs Empire FC (9th)

31 - Our finishing has been dreadful, but in the confusion of a corner kick, they give us an own goal 1-0

65 - Matthew slides over to the AF role and Junior Cochrane comes in as the Poacher. Abraham replaces tiring Farrell at MC

82 - Hughes-Mason comes up with the critical stop deep in our half and launches a longball down to Simon on the left flank. He dribbles, centers it to Willett for the box feed to Cochrane, and there's the latter's first Fort Road goal, giving us the insurance we needed!!! Out goes tired Santiago with Lloyd Simon taking his spot for the closing minutes 2-0

It's the kind of game where Chesley Willett's 7.4 is good enough for PotM, Luke Simon's 7.3 our second best. Hat tip to Junior Cochrane for the 7.1 showing.

Rowan Jahlando-Martin gets hurt again and is out 2-3 months. Those fucking injuries, tho.

@ Otto's Rangers (11th)

44 - Kirwan takes the give back and cracks the ball all the way down to the left touchline, where Simon gets it and centers to Matthew for the snipe strike just before half 1-0

66 - Matthew goes to AF, Cochrane at Poacher. Lloyd Simon steps in for Santiago

Most of our full-time starters were 7 or better in this strong all-around victory. Player of the Match goes to Kelly Matthew with a 7.6, Anton Farrell is second with 7.4, and rounding out in third is Brentton Kirwan at 7.3.

We're temporarily in 2nd, but the 3rd place team has a game in hand, and we get raided by U20 callups. Brentton Kirwan becomes callup #6 after an injury.

And we play the 3rd place team on short rest. With 6 of our players out on international duty.

Even when we win, this game comes back round to fuck me.

Old 06-14-2018, 12:28 AM   #30
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Piggotts Bullets FC (3rd)
G: Bo Luke
D: Lloyd Simon/Molvin Hughes-Mason/Janiel Santiago
M: Luke Simon/Anton Farrell/Alric Cochrane/Reece Peters
S: Junior Cochrane/Kelly Nesbitt

We got a horrible draw for the FA Cup of course, but more on that later. Energy issues and not international callups caused a savaging of today's lineup on short rest - as well as using one of our backup formations.

A highlight-less first half, and Williams goes in for exhausted, yellow-carded Santiago at the break.

63 - Kirwan's scheduled day of rest ends as he comes in for dreadful Lloyd Simon at DL

72 - Jarvis also sees his day off end, going in for Hughes-Mason, who has been strong (7.0), but tiring rapidly.

73 - HORRIBLE JOB AT CLEARING THE BALL! KEPT GIVING RIGHT BACK TO THEM 0-1

81 - Kirwan hits Jarvis on the corner, and with some help from the underbar, that's his first Fort Road goal with the late equalizer. Good work, backline subs 1-1

90 - Williams totally fucked us with two complete shit plays, and Luke is never going to be a full-time starter for us because he should have stopped that 1-2

Fucked over AGAIN by a late goal. The press blames me for a tactical error in switching to this formation. FUCK.YOU. WE DIDN'T HAVE THE HEALTHY STRIKERS FOR IT!

Anton Farrell is out 3 months. We continue to get fucked by the injury bug.

vs Freemansville (3rd)
D: Lloyd Simon/Molvin Hughes-Mason/Walter Williams
M: Luke Simon/Alric Cochrane/Elvis Williams
S: Chesley Willett/Junior Cochrane/Kelly Nesbitt

*Now* comes the internationals ravaged lineup.

20 - Elvis Williams launches a long free kick into the box that plants the ball right at Nesbitt's feet for the score 1-0

37 - George's free kick was absolute shit. Fuck this bullshit 1-1

43 - Lloyd Simon has been shit this half, but he charges a throw-in to steal the ball, lateraling to Alric Cochrane. On to Nesbitt, then Willett, and Junior Cochrane is completely alone to receive the pass and pop in the go-ahead goal before half 2-1

60 - Elvis Williams slips over to MC and Peters comes on as MR

76 - Kirwan comes on to replace Willett as the DLF

85 - That double yellow on their dude may have just saved this game for us

86 - FUCK YOU!!!!!!! 2-2

92 - Walter Williams to Peters as times is running out. Our reserve right winger races down the flank and crosses to Kirwan, who rises up to put in the header with seconds to go!!!! 3-2

Elvis Williams was great, with a 7.8 PotM. But the real heroes are Reece Peters and Quinton Kirwan, who both posted 7+ performances off the bench and gave us the monster upset that is so, so vital for promotion playoff hopes.

@ English Harbour (2nd)
D: Lloyd Simon/Molvin Hughes-Mason/Marc Jarvis/Janiel Santiago
M: Brentton Kirwan/Alric Cochrane/Jermaine George
S: Quinton Kirwan/Calaum Henry/Kelly Nesbitt

Juggling the lineup around some, because we play these guys twice in a short time frame - once for league, once for FA Cup, and they've been murdering everyone. Both games are on the road. Like I said, we got fucked in our draw.

Bullshit home cooking as we're hit with 4 yellow cards in the first 45 minutes.

50 - Cochrane and Willett replace Henry and Nesbitt respectively. I wanted to give the strikers more rest than that, but it's just not meant to be after Nesbitt blew an open shot, and Henry not only had a yellow, but is playing like it's his first time ever playing soccer

68 - Okay, I guess it doesn't matter who we put at striker. They're all going to fuck up easy shots

88 - Of course Hughes-Mason gets a double yellow. Of course.

91 - How many times have we been dickfucked by a late goal?! sjkdfoasdhoagsdfgohgarghauiogharu FUCK THIS GAME!!! SUCH FUCKING ABULLSHIT ATE EVERY FUCKKCING TURN!!!!!!! 0-1

@ English Harbour (FA Cup First Round)
D: Brentton Kirwan/Marc Jarvis/Walter Williams
M: Luke Simon/Elvis Williams/Reece Peters
S: Chesley Willett/JKelly Matthew/Kelly Nesbitt

I can't wait to see how we get fucked in this one.

4 - Walter Williams throws to Nesbitt in the box. In a crowd of defenders, he pushes it to Matthew, who fires a gangsta shot between two defenders as a nice fuck you. Feels like forever since he's been able to play for us. But at least he's played, not like fellow expensive Jermaine George, who still only has one appearance for the $6k we paid him - and he was shit besides, despite getting lots of reserve work as he came back from injury. 1-0

9 - 1, 2, 3... 3 straight George kicks right to our opponents. The fucker pulls that shit constantly. If Luke wasn't such ass as a keeper, he'd be getting starts because I'm sick of that bullshit.

12 - Elvis Williams has a brutal intercepting header he knocks down to Willett. First touch give to Matthew who charges into the box, fights off three defenders, and powers his second goal in. We got denied promotion playoffs because of him, and it's safe to say, kid is a soccer god. 2-0

60 - Santiago is literally the only other body we have that can play DC, so tired or not, he goes in for wiped Jarvis. Sliding up to MC is Abraham, with Jeremy popping in at DM.

75 - So, we get fucked by injuries again. Simon is playing with a groin injury, and now Jeremy goes off with injury 15 minutes into being on the field. Abraham back down to DM, Matthew all the way dropped to MC, and Junior Cochrane in at Poacher.

Kelly Matthew's 8.8 and PotM carried us, but begrudging respect to Lloyd George's 7.3 despite his kicking fuckery. Chesley Willett's 7.2 was third best.

Eugene Jeremy - Out 2 months
Luke Simon - Out 1 month

Even when we win, we get fucked. Oh, and Brentton Kirwan will miss the next match with yellows, giving us one person who can play DL and nobody who can play ML. Screw job piled on top of screw job.

U-20 Callups
DL/ML Brentton Kirwan
DC Marc Jarvis
DCR Janiel Santiago
DM/MC Randolph Abraham
ST Kelly Matthew
ST Kelly Nesbitt

So 3 out of 4 starters on the backline, and 2 of our 3 starting strikers. Fucking wonderful.

It's not next game that'll hit us with it, but it's still damned frustrating.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:49 AM   #31
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Potter's Tigers (12th)
D: Lloyd Simon/Janiel Santiago/Walter Williams
MC: Marc Jarvis/Elvis Williams
AMC: Kelly Matthew
S: Junior Cochrane/Chesley Willett/Kelly Nesbitt

We gin up a 3-4-3 Narrow Diamond because of our lack of ML guys, replacing our 3-4-1-2 DM formation. Antigua & Barbuda teams use a lot of 3 striker formations, incidentally - usually a 4-3-3 Narrow. I've seen a flat 4-4-2 every once in a while, too.

13 - That was a well-deserved red card for the asshole who spiked Cochrane from behind to stop a goal. Willett converts the PK, giving last year's leading scorer his first goal of the year. Not an issue that he's been so drought-ridden - his role this year is more of a setup man. 1-0

40 - A rare George kick that connects with one of our guys, Jarvis specifically, who fends off a double-team to hit Elvis Williams in the middle for a first touch box give to Nesbitt. Dribble, and there's the insurance 2-0

57 - Cochrane heads it into box space and Matthew is there first. Surrounded by four defenders, he passes right to Willett for the easy score 3-0

65 - That one's on me for not pulling tired Santiago. He goes out, Jarvis dropping down to his usual DC, and Alric Cochrane comes in at MC. 3-1

Every starter except the keeper, Lloyd Simon, and Junior Cochrane were 7+ or better, with the top stars Elvis Williams (9.0, PotM), Chesley Willett (8.6), and Kelly Matthew (8.5).

vs Five Islands (5th)
D: Lloyd Simon/Janiel Santiago/Marc Jarvis/Walter Williams
M: Brentton Kirwan/Elvis Williams/Jermaine George

63 - Peters for George; Junior Cochrane for Matthew. Though to be honest, we're playing like shit all over the pitch in the most important match of the year to date.

68 - This is my shocked face that Walter Williams is hit with a double yellow. Now we'll lose the game on some bullshit.

We had like four easy shots to win, and none of them went in. Very frustrating game, but at least we'll take the point.

@ Grenades (6th)
D: Molvin Hughes-Mason/Anderson Derrick/Lloyd Simon (No DL)
M: Luke Simon/Elvis Williams/Alric Cochrane/Jermaine George
S: Quinton Kirwan/Junior Cochrane/Chesley Willett

Anderson Derrick is playing injured with 69% energy because we've been hit so hard by injuries and international call-ups. This is pretty much a guaranteed loss. How bad is it? We've got another injured but half-ass playable guy and two keepers in the subs. That's how many bodies we don't have.

22 - I've literally never seen this before. Okay, so the defender beats Kirwan on the longball, right? He kicks it back on a slow, lengthy roller towards the keeper. Only the goalie is just standing there, not paying attention, and by the time he realizes the ball is headed to him, it rolls past and into the net for an own goal! Wow, brain fart of the century! 1-0

45 - Alric Cochrane to Williams to Kirwan diagonal, and the last keeps that trend going with the short forward diagonal to Luke Simon. Our left winger cuts in and slams the insurance goal, his first Fort Road score ever!!! Way to make up for the shit day our strikers are having in finishing 2-0

62 - Oh look. A double yellow for Alric Cochrane, which just happens to be our second straight game where someone is sent off. Ugh. Henry for Junior Cochrane, Peters for George, who has been brilliant for the first time ever, but is tiring and also has a yellow.

66 - Luke Simon picks up a clearance and taps forward to Kirwan. Center to Willett and he gets a foot in for the score! The heart this team is showing through all the bullshit is stunning me 3-0

Next game up will put us at the halfway point of the season. We're in 3rd place, and two stunning losses by English Harbour have put the whole division in play heading into the back half.

Old 06-14-2018, 11:37 PM   #32
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Sea View Farm (8th)
D: Brentton Kirwan/Marc Jarvis/Janiel Santiago/Walter Williams
M: Luke Simon/Elvis Williams/Jermaine George

7 - This team always seems to have our number 0-1

36 - Fucking stupid 0-2

42 - We draw a PK on a corner and Willett converts to claw one back 1-2

45 - Simon recovers a cleared corner, and we reset back. Kirwan with the short to Simon and a center to Nesbitt, and we storm back to equalize at halftime 2-2

Santiago is yanked hard for Hughes-Mason at half, though our whole backline has been ass.

49 - I don't know WTF is wrong with our normally star DCs today, but Jarvis is out as we move to put Abraham in as a DM, dropping to a 3 back line

78 - k24jh534oh5o3h5a9grhs9dfvhsdf9aty945h345y345349h5tofguhsd9gh 2-3

@ Bassa SC (7th)
M: Luke Simon/Randolph Abraham/Elvis Williams

26 - Walter Williams laterals to Abraham for the pass to Nesbitt just outside the box. In the box the ball goes to Matthew, who slams the goal in. 1-0

37 - SMMFH 1-1

49 - Lloyd Simon in for Walter Williams; Hughes-Mason for Santiago

52 - Kirwan to Willett to Matthew in the half-circle. He turns around and lays it in the box to Nesbitt, who also twirls about before hammering a goal against his old team 2-1

70 - Willett heads it to Matthew, but it's tackled away into the box. Willett charges to dispossess the ball and it squirts to the right, where Nesbitt bowls over a defender to shoot in his second goal!!! 3-1

Kelly Nesbitt's 9.1 earns PotG honors, with Kelly Matthew (8.7) and Randolph Abraham (7.8) his supporting stars.

After some catchup matches are played, we fall from 3rd to 4th on GD, and here's how the table looks at just past the halfway mark:

Funny... a year ago, Kelly Nesbitt scored just 3 goals and really struggled with Bassa SC in the Premier league. Now he's bagged 7 goals and is posting over a 7 average rating.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:18 PM   #33
Izulde
Head Coach

vs West Ham (ATG) (FA Cup Second Round)
D: Brentton Kirwan/Marc Jarvis/Anderson Derrick/Janiel Santiago

42 - Kirwan's free kick goes up to Williams and he blasts it all the way right to George on the touchline. On the cross, he connects with Willett for the score! 1-0

55 - Out sits Nesbitt for Junior Cochrane, but not before Kirwan mails it to Willett for the box ball drop pass to Matthew. He shoots, keeper pushes it away. Matthews blocks the deflect with his own body and practically walks in the rebound!!! 2-0

71 - Lloyd Simon on for Santiago

90 - Lloyd Simon makes a brilliant clearance and drills it long down the right side to Cochrane. Despite a defender on him, he bulls a pass into the box through his opponent, and Matthew is there to pop in his second goal and completely guarantee the victory 3-0

Lloyd George and Luke Simon were our low guys at 6.9 - all the other box to wire starters were 7+, the highlights being 9.0 PotM Kelly Matthew, 7.7 Chesley Willett, and 7.5 Elvis Williams.

So, Kelly Matthew has set a modern-day Antigua & Barbuda FA Cup goal-scoring record with 4, and his 3 PotM awards is a new Fort Road season club record. I love him so much.

Chesley Willett is out a month and a half after a training injury, which sucks, because he's key to this team.

vs Piggots Bullets (2nd)
S: Kelly Nesbitt/Kelly Matthew/Junior Cochrane

We have 2 games in hand on the 3 teams in front of us, and we just need a win or draw out of those two matches to leap ahead of Freemansville into 3rd place. If we win both matches (including this one), we can nip into 2nd!

8 - That was a bullshit disallow of a score. No way Simon pushed anybody!

48 - Walter Williams goes on for Santiago

60 - Elvis Williams shifts to MR and Abraham pops in at MC

69 - We switch to a flat 4-4-2 with Cochrane coming off, Jarvis moving up to a second MC spot, and Hughes-Mason as a DC

We were very unlucky not to win that game, but at least we didn't lose, which would have put us in a very bad position in terms of fighting for a promotion spot.

Janiel Santiago will miss the next match on yellows.

vs Willikes (FA Cup Quarterfinal)
D: Brentton Kirwan/Marc Jarvis/Anderson Derrick/Lloyd Simon

9 - Luke Simon gets the ball back after a steal and jogs right out of a crowded area in the box, swinging a beautiful cross into ball space on the right. George tracks it down, dribbles, and the cross is an aerial fight between the keeper and Nesbitt. Our guy wins and heads it in! 1-0

53 - We switch to a flat 4-4-2, with Cochrane coming off, Jarvis up to MC, and Hughes-Mason in

75 - Lloyd Simon flips over to DL and Walter Williams is in at DR

79 - Walter Williams hits the corner. George and Hughes-Mason charge the defender, and it's Hughes-Mason rising up to bang in the header insurance goal!!! 2-0

89 - Jarvis clears out the free kick with a header and longs it to Nesbitt on the right flank. Only one defender in front of him, and he races down the right side, making everyone looking like fools. On the cross, there's a crowd of red shirts running back, but Elvis Williams has them all beat for his first-ever Fort Road goal!!!!!!! 3-0

That was our second straight huge Cup upset. Not pictured: Lloyd George (6.9) and Brentton Kirwan (6.6 before being subbed off).

Lloyd Simon and Jermaine George will both miss the next match due to yellow card accumulation.

Bo Luke, Kelly Matthew, Marc Jarvis, and Janiel Santiago sign deals through 2020 with either static or slight increases - $1k in Matthew's case because he's so vital to the team.

Our first profit since the sponsorship money comes in at $383. That's down to the larger crowds we've been getting this year, mainly in the FA Cup run. Overall, we're a little over $13k profit still as January opens up.

@ Freemansville (3rd)
M: Luke Simon/Randolph Abraham/Elvis Williams

Big match here. We've dropped to 5th place and have 2 games in hand on the others above, 3 on Piggots Bullets.

3 - These guys are really, really good. 0-1

27 - Santiago throws in to Abraham, who sends it to Simon in the box. It's poked away, but Matthew moves left and strikes in the equalizer 1-1

46 - Nesbitt has three defenders on him, but he weaves around one and puts it in the box, where Simon chases it down at the touchline. Cross to flying Williams, and whilst that's probably offsides, he scores and the assistant ref ignores the protests!! 2-1

Walter Williams subs in for tired Santiago at the half.

50 - MOTHERFUCKER!!! 2-2

52 - Hughes-Mason in for Jarvis. Our backline has been HORRIBLE all game.

56 - I don't know WTF to do about our shitty defense keeping giving away possession right back to them 2-3

58 - FUCK YOU POST!!! FUCK YOU UP THE ASS WITH A GIANAT RABID DILDO CHEWED BY RATS!!!!!! 2-4

88 - Way too little, way too late for that Nesbitt goal. 3-4

Kelly Nesbitt takes the single season club scoring record in the loss. Brentton Kirwan and maybe someone else signs a contract extension.

vs Otto's Rangers (12th)
M: Rowan Jahraldo-Martin/Anton Farrell/Jermaine George

10 - Matthew wings right, and George pushes through a defender to get the ball. On the cross, he connects with streaking Jahraldo-Martin for the latter's first score. RJM will be leaving us after this season, because he has no interest in re-signing. That's fine - we've already arranged a transfer for his replacement 1-0

37 - George takes the pass into the box and crosses to Nesbitt for the insurance kick past the flailing keeper 2-0

55 - Luke is injured, so George steps into the nets. Kirwan moves to DC to replace yellow card Jarvis and Lloyd Simon steps in at DL

64 - Own goal by Santiago argh 1-2

66 - WHO THE FUCK WAS SIMON THROWING TO?!?! 2-2

We crash to 6th place, albeit with 2 and 3 games in hand. Really need to snap out of the slump we're in, or I could be fired at the end of the season.

Old 06-17-2018, 04:58 PM   #34
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Empire FC (10th)
M: Luke Simon/Elvis Williams/Randolph Abraham/Jermaine George
S: Kelly Nesbitt/Kelly Matthew

We're going to our 4-4-2 because Junior Cochrane has been ass, and maybe bolstering out midfield will take pressure off our backline.

48 - Simon runs down a blocked shot on the left wing and kicks it back to Kirwan. High ball into the box, and Nesbitt is all alone to head it in as we finally break through 1-0

59 - Lloyd Simon goes in for Santiago, Cochrane for Matthew

69 - Two yellows in a half for Abraham. More bullshit.

78 - Derrick rushes in to steal the pass and there's the long ball into the ball, where Cochrane beats the keeper on the 1v1 to finally break his drought and give us the insurance!!! 2-0

Only our keeper and Luke Simon failed to record a 7.1 or higher of the starters. Anderson Derrick is PotM with an 8.5 and Brett Kirwan's 8.0 were our heroes. Also a 7.1 by Junior Cochrane off the bench.

Luke Simon and Randolph Abraham will both miss our next match.

With 34 yellow cards and 4 red cards, we break the worst disciplinary record in the league. Dirty dudes, we are.

vs English Harbour (1st)
M: Rowan Jahraldo-Martin/Anton Farrell/Elvis Williams/Jermaine George

Sigh. At least we get the slaughter out of the way?

7 - Yeah. 0-1

10 - Matthew runs down a long ball on the right flank, then sends it to George in the box. Our right winger weaves in and out, then centers to Farrell for the kid's first ever Fort Road goal!!! 1-1

37 - 1-2

54 - Lloyd Simon in for Santiago; Willett for Nesbitt

Second straight tough loss to these guys, who are clearly the class of the league.

Elvis Williams and Anderson Derrick will have their turns to miss a game.

@ Potter's Tigers (11th)
M: Luke Simon/Randolph Abraham/Jermaine George
S: Kelly Nesbitt/Kelly Matthew/Chesley Willett

5 - #$%@#$^@#$^$@#%^@%$@#$%@#$%@#^#%&#$^& 0-1

12 - George dribbles fast down the right flank and centers to Nesbitt, who has his back to the goal. He turns around and fires in the equalizer 1-1

15 - WHY THE FUCK DID YOU STAND THERE GEORGE?!?! 1-2

21 - Simon to Nesbitt in the box. Shot cracks off the post of course, but Matthew thunders in the equalizer rebound 2-2

26 - Kirwan cracks it long into left flank space and Simon runs it to the touchline for the cross and score to Willett. Our offense is making up for our shitty defense today 3-2

36 - Williams throws in to George for the pass to Willett. He steps back away from the double-teaming defenders and sends to Matthew in the box for the angry shot 4-2

38 - Nesbitt dribbles in the box and crosses to Matthew. Ball is stripped away, but then Willett tackles it loose and Nesbitt slams in another score! 5-2

63 - Hughes-Mason for Santiago; Lloyd Simon for Williams

73 - We're awarded a PK, one of their guys is sent off with a double yellow, and Willett converts the penalty by faking out the keeper 6-2

Our defense finally woke up a bit in the second half. The game breaks quite a few goals records, and with 4 games left, while we have 2 games in hand on everyone ahead of us, we're not going to catch them. Really, this is about using our game in hand on the teams below us to fend them off and prevent another season of heartbreak.

It won't be easy - we're on short rest for next game, have a day off, and then a third game. It's bullshit scheduling, but what can you do?

Old 06-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #35
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Five Roads (6th)
D: Brentton Kirwan/Molvin Hughes-Mason/Janiel Santiago/Walter Williams
M: Rowan Jahraldo-Martin/Anton Ferrell/Marc Jarvis/Elvis Williams

Okay, so a win here will knock them out of playoff contention, but I also have to keep in mind the match in two days. So with that in mind, all the 93% guys are having a day off or are in the subs list. Everyone else is 94% or better.

18 - Matthew sends it up and right to Elvis Williams. On the center, Nesbitt hits the mid-range shot and it goes in! 1-0

62 - Kirwan moves to DC and Lloyd Simon is at DL, with Santiago getting a break. Jahraldo-Martin moves to MC as a danger play, with Simon's day of rest ending

69 - Walter Williams throws to Matthew in the box for the tap back to Elvis Williams. The cross to Simon looks good, but it's tackled away. Nesbitt's right there to sink his second goal of the game, and 15th of the season, though! 2-0

73 - Lot of short passing around the midfield until Jahlrado-Martin cracks a long one all the way down the left side for Simon to chase down deep along their box. On the center, Nesbitt heads it over the keeper for his hat trick!!!!!!!!! 3-0

89 - Kirwan longs it, but the defender intercepts. Matthew steps in, steals, and flares the 25 yarder and it goes in!!!! 4-0

So they're out. It's now down to either 4th, 5th, or 6th, and those fuckers who give us hell, Sea View Farm, are the ones chasing us at 2 points behind. I *really* don't want the disappointment of losing the postseason to those dicksmurfs. Lurking in the distance in Bassa SC, who like when I took over are down out of the Premier League and slowly rebuilding. They also have 3 games left and are 9 points behind, so could theoretically catch us, but it'd require our losing all 3 and they're winning all 3.

English Harbour clinched going up, by the way.

Aces game, so I need to go cheer on my favorite local team.

Old 06-18-2018, 02:59 AM   #36
Izulde
Head Coach

Note: Luke Simon had a 7.2 off the bench last game that I forgot to mention. Cool tidbit ahead of the next match:

Keep doing stuff like that kid, and I'll keep you here as long as possible.

vs Celtic (ATG) (8th)
D: Brentton Kirwan/Anderson Derrick/Lloyd Simon
M: Marc Jarvis/Eugene Jeremy
AM: Alric Cochrane
S: Junior Cochrane/Chesley Willett/Quinton Kirwan

So we've ANOTHER game two days after this one - meaning we're playing 3 matches in a week. We've got a *lot* of tired players, and are being forced to play Brentton Kirwan and Marc Jarvis at suboptimal energy.

5 - We're playing like shit against gassed players 0-1

26 - Bullshit PK, but Luke saves it

37 - Jeremy flares it to Junior Cochrane on the left side of the box. Two defenders on him, but he shakes them off enough to center it, where Alric Cochrane picks it up and slots it in for his first goal of the year 1-1

53 - Now it's us who are awarded a PK, and Willett fakes out the keeper to put us up! 2-1

58 - Jarvis is exhausted, so tired Renhaldo-Martin who is also not in the best energy shape, but lots better, comes in.

66 - Henry replaces tired Willett, though I'm pissed Kirwan just blew a sitter

We had about 9,000 different chances to add our tally, but are forced to accept the one goal win. Alric Cochrane's PotM-winning 8.1 and Anderson Derrick's 7.5 bailed us out as we failed to finish properly all night long.

To describe how huge that win was - we're now 5 points up with 2 games to play and we suddenly have a shot at potentially catching not only Piggots Bullets but sniping the auto-promotion spot from Freemansville, though we obviously need help there.

vs Bassa SC (7th)
D: Lloyd Simon/Molvin Hughes-Mason/Janiel Santiago/Walter Williams
S: Kelly Nesbitt/Kelly Matthew/Calaum Henry

We patch together a lineup that has only 82% Lloyd Simon as the tired one, though some guys are just barely above the 90% margin. Win here, and we head to at least the playoffs.

4 - Santiago intercepts as they're threatening and booms the ball all the way down the right flank to Henry. Into the box goes the pass, and Matthew has to juggle it a bit before trapping, shooting, and scoring! 1-0

9 - Henry has three defenders triangling him, but there's a gap and he delivers it to an ahead Nesbitt in the box, and there's the insurance goal against his former club! The announcers go into raptures, talking about how he punished his old team and how that was one of the big talking points leading up to the match 2-0

23 - Hughes-Mason tackles the ball away as they're about to score. Jermaine George picks it up and passes to Henry. Blasting ground pass bounces to just outside the half-circle and flying Nesbitt grabs it, showing everyone his cleats as he crushes the opposing keeper for his second goal!!!! 3-0

46 - Nesbitt has it in the middle of their half and he's dribbling right when he plays out to Jermaine George on the right wing. Dribble, cross, and Nesbitt slams in the hat trick header on the second half's opening kickoff!!! 4-0

50 - Embarrassing. Lloyd George should have stopped that one. Kirwan the also tired goes in for Lloyd Simon at DL 4-1

62 - Farrell in for Elvis Williams, because I don't want to risk a double yellow and he's tiring anyway

75 - If we piss this away, I'm going to throw shit 4-2

Kelly Nesbitt's 9.5 is obvs PotM, with Calaum Henry at a surprise 8.7, Jermaine George with an 8.3, and Kelly Matthew narrowly missing making it an all-7.5+ striker game with 7.4.

We've clinched a playoff spot and are in 2nd place on GD with one match to go!!!!!!

But of course, Piggots Bullets has a game in hand on us and is just 1 point behind.

Kelly Matthew played hurt and is out for a week. I hope our next match isn't until he's ready to go again.

And of course, Piggots Bullets smashes their game in hand 4-1. I'd really rather face them than Freemansville in the playoffs.

@ Grenades (8th)
D: Brentton Kirwan/Anderson Derrick/Marc Jarvis/Janiel Santiago

Interestingly enough, there's a scenario that involves Freemansville winning the promotion spot, but that involves them winning, Piggots Bullets losing, and us drawing or tying.

We need to win here if we want the promotion spot. A tie or loss and we can only finish 3rd.

14 - Brilliant header clearance by Derrick to Simon, and the counter concludes with Nesbitt taking the wingout and centering to Matthew in the half-circle. Three step dribble, and BAM! 1-0

56 - We switch to a 3-1-3-3 DM, with Derrick coming off and Abraham as DM

71 - Williams moves to MR and Jahraldo-Martin steps in as MC. After some debate, I put Lloyd Simon in at DR as well.

76 - Kirwan passes to Jahraldo-Martin, and before the two defenders can close in, he skims the ball to Willett for the center to Matthew. And there's another brilliant distance shot, this one from 25 yards!!!! 2-0

77 - The ball is cleared, but Jahraldo-Martin intercepts in the half-circle, dribbles into the box, and fires a shot. The keeper comes out to push it away, and it falls to Nesbitt, who has to bounce it off his knee. But once he's got control, he drills it behind the slow to come back keeper for his 20th goal of the year!!!!!!! 3-0

Rowan Jahraldo-Martin had a 7.0 off the bench, too. Honestly, it felt like these guys were playing not to lose, rather than to win, as they employed a 2 DM formation - first time I've seen that.

And Five Islands pulls off the 2-1 road upset of Piggots Bullets!!! WE'RE GOING TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!

For the first time ever, I'll be in the top league of a country!!!!!!! (Granted, it's Antigua & Barbuda, and there's only two playable leagues, but still...)

After the heartbreak of narrowly missing out on the playoff promotion last season when I came in late during last year, to capture going up in my second season in such a beautiful thing.

We have 3 new players come into the club, as well as our youth pulls under our new Head of Youth Development.

More on all that and the FA Cup Semi-Final to come next time.

Old 06-19-2018, 07:16 AM   #37
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - DM/MC Victor Matthew (18) - From Empire FC
Earning $3k per year through 2020 and I'm thrilled to get him. He's been a star for a bad team - 14 Tackling, 12 Decisions and Determination, 10 Teamwork, 11 Work Rate. The only knock on him is that he's bad physically outside of 13 Natural Fitness, but he's far and away our best MC and DM.

Transfer In - MLC/AML Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin (17) - From Potter's Tigers
Also earning $3k a year through 2020. 11 Acceleration, 10 Pace, 14 Flair, and he's a better crosser than Luke Simon. It's going to be an interesting battle between those two for the starting ML spot. I'll stick with Simon for now, but it's very close. Oh, and he also has 12 Leadership.

Transfer In - DRC Rolston Benjamin (17) - From Empire FC - $50 P/A
It's a shame he didn't want to sign a guaranteed deal, because he's our best DR by far. 14 Decisions, 18 Teamwork!, 13 Work Rate, 12 Balance, Jumping Reach, and Natural Fitness. Like Matthew, he's been really good for a poor team.

A couple teams are inquiring about Lloyd Simon. Wanting him back are Urlings, and Five Islands also would love to have him. He's making $2.5k a year through the end of this season. After some debate, I decide to accept the offers.

@ Grenades (FA Cup Semi-Final)
D: Brentton Kirwan/Anderson Derrick/Marc Jarvis/Janiel Santiago
M: Luke Simon/Victor Matthew/Jermaine George

16 - Kirwan throws in to Willett, gets it back, and sends a terrific ball into the box to Matthew. Shot's pushed away. Nesbitt has the rebound, but that's also deflected. No problem, as Nesbitt again gets the rebound and this time kicks it in! 1-0

28] - What utter horseshit. Jarvis is hit with a penalty and a yellow card. Derrick is also yellow carded for protesting the bullshit penalty. Lloyd George stops the PK but then they get two straight corner kicks and convert one 1-1

At the half we switch to a flat 4-4-2, with Willett off, Elvis Williams as the second MC. We also sit Derrick, slide Santiago to DC, and put Benjamin in at DR

77 - Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin jogs in at ML for Simon

86 - Nesbitt has the ball in the box, but he doesn't like his options, so he kicks out into space on the left side. Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin runs it down with nobody around him, dribbles to the touchline, and crosses for Matthew to smash in the header!!! 2-1

91 - You have GOT TO FUCKING BE KIDDING ME!!!! 2-2

121 - The bullshit continues with a double yellow for Kirwan. Un-fucking-believable.

PKs
George badly fooled... 0-1
Nesbitt scores.... 1-1
George is acting like he's being paid to throw the fucking game... 1-2
Kelly Matthew converts... 2-2
George keeps getting ripped.... 2-3
Victor Matthew can't control it and FUCK THIS GAME 2-3
George sucks ass. 2-4
Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin scores but who cares? 3-4
Yeah. 3-5

We got fucked HARD in this one. No two ways about it. And we continue to have horrible penalties luck, now 0-2 in my tenure.

In my rage, I fine Brentton Kirwan. He's upset, but we talk it out.

OH LOOK, THE FA DOESN'T SAY A DAMN THING ABOUT THE PENALTY! This is my shocked face.

Transfer Out - DLR Lloyd Simon - To Urlings - $4.2k contract
Ultimately, he just wasn't good enough for the next level, and he earns himself a nice payraise. Works out well for both sides.

Transfer In - DLR Terrence Lewis (19) - From Willikes - Free Transfer
We're paying him $3.5k a year and he's a huge upgrade at DL over Brentton Kirwan. 18 Teamwork! 13 Work Rate, 12 Acceleration, 11 Stamina, 15 Natural Fitness. Looked great in two cup games.

Transfer Out - DR/MR Walter Williams - To Five Islands - $2.4k contract
A little sad to see him go, as he was solid for us.

Jermaine George signs a contract that will keep him through 2021 with a $1k/year payraise. Ultimately, he was just too good to let walk just yet.

Transfer Out - ML Rowan Jahlrado-Martin - To Potter's Tigers - $2.5k contract
He had no interest in being here, and was already on the verge of being pushed out by a suddenly crowded ML situation. I'm good with it.

We release the following players:
GK Mikele Beckles
DC Molvin Hughes-Mason
MRC Alric Cochrane
DM/MC Eugene Jeremy
ST Quinton Kirwan
ST Calaum Henry

All of whom were never going to be good enough for the next level

Transfer Out - MR Reece Peters - To Villa Lions - Non-Contract
High upside player and former grey guy. Wanted to keep him, but he's probably better off going down and getting more match experience.

Freemansville wins the promotion playoffs, which doesn't make me happy. They're hell to play against.

Transfer Out - ST Junior Cochrane - To SAP FC - $2.5k contract
I tried to keep him, but he wasn't interested in committing to us. Now we're looking at a situation where we have just three strikers, and the 4-4-2 is our default.

Grenades upsets Old Road (ATG) to win the FA Cup. That could have been us

We were definitely keyed by our Kelly strikers.

Still a miracle season, despite all the frustrations and the FA Cup disappointment.

I opt not to sign any of our youth pulls - no one is good enough.

Exciting news: Kelly Matthew gets his first callup to the senior team and could be capped. 9 other players are called up the U20 squad.

Transfer In - ST Bo Benjamin (18) - From Empire FC - Free Transfer
$3.5k a year through 2021 with 14 Finishing, 10 Free Kicks, 13 Flair, 10 Off the Ball, and 10 Acceleration. His work ethic is ass, but he's an extremely talented player who immediately grades out as one of our top strikers, preserving the three striker setup for next season.

Transfer In - GK George Fredrick (18) - From Parham FC - Free Transfer
$3.5k a year through 2021. Struggled last year, but there's a lot to like about him - 10 Command of Area, 11 Handling, 17 Determination, and 14 Agility. He completely outclasses our other two keepers for sure.

Not surprised by any of this.

The board tries to screw me into a paycut, but I force a raise to $36.5k over my previous $34k. I re-sign most of my staff, but do get a huge scouting upgrade and leave a coach spot open.

Chairman Anderson Bailey might step aside, as there's an investor looking to buy the team. George Williams is willing to pay $35k.

Kelly Matthew gets his first cap for the Antigua & Barbuda national side!!!

Oh, which reminds me

Favored Personnel
Kelly Matthew
Chesley Willett
Molvin Hughes-Mason (Oops)

Favored Clubs - Fort Road
Kelly Matthew
Chesley Willett
Randolph Abraham
Anton Farrell

Nobody loves me

We lost $10.2k last season, a huge improvement over the $31k from the year before. Very small increase in sponsorship deal.

Young Warriors FC takes over Parham FC as the highest reputation club in the country, whilst we polevault to 6th on the strength of our promotion and FA Cup run.

Still more offseason decisions to make, but it's time for a break, and then off to work.

Old 06-19-2018, 10:33 PM   #38
Izulde
Head Coach

The takeover is now doubtful to happen. I just want it resolved one way or the other, because there's been some released players worth picking up.

The Antigua & Barbuda Premier Division stays 29th in the North American rankings.

...We really need our own stadium. I'm sick of friendlies getting cancelled.

The Antigua & Barbuda National team opens up, much to my surprise. Even more shocking, when I apply on a lark, I'm listed as a favorite for the job.

Transfer In - ST Brentton Matthew (16) - From Willikes - Free Transfer
Never got a shot, and I'm thinking he can be as successful as a certain other striker we poached from this team. 13 Finishing, 14 Flair, 10 Work Rate, 11 Acceleration, 10 Pace, and tailor-made for our Advanced Forward role.

Transfer Out - ML/AML Rowan Jahraldo-Martin - To Potter's Tigers - $2.5k contract
Was always a second choice and dropped to third after our other acquisitions. I originally planned to extend him, but he had no interest in that.

Loan Out - MC/AMC Anton Farrell - To Willikes
The kid's not going to get much, if any PT here, so he goes to a division foe and a frequent poach target of ours to get some match experience.

Transfer In - DL Kelly Robinson (22) - From Urlings
Welcome to our first player rated as a star by my staff. A breathtaking 19 Teamwork and 15 Work Rate with 12 Pace and Stamina, and just great physical attributes all around. Doesn't really impress me technically, but we'll see how he does. $3k a year is a good deal if the evaluation is accurate.

So this happened. It's hard to find good staff, but we do, tapping English Harbour's assistant manager for the same role, and acquiring two unemployed coaches.

The board is offering a whopping $327k wage budget and a $21.25k transfer budget. They expect a mid-table finish and a Quarterfinal appearance. Not going to spend anywhere close to that money, but it's cool they're offering.

Kelly Matthew takes over Captain duties, with Janiel Santiago demoted to Vice-Captain.

3 of our matches get picked for TV.

@ Aruba (North American Qualifying Section Second Round First Leg)
G: Christopher Peters
D: Kelly Robinson/Karanja Simon/Hazeley Pyle/Lenny Hunte
M: Tevaughn Harriette/Fernando Joseph/Calaum Jahraldo-Martin
S: Josh Parker/Lucas Brochero/Dexter Blackstock

Our strength is in the 3 strikers up front, who all play in Europe. One of my guys makes the starting lineup.

47 - Jahraldo-Martin plays it down the right flank for Blackstock, and the cross to Parker nets the score! 1-0

54 - Joseph flares it out left to Harriette and he centers, where again Parker is for doubling his tally! 2-0

74 - Pyle wants off, so Derrick goes in

84 - Joseph is shown a yellow, so Matthew gets the call at MC due to lack of options

Josh Parker is PotM with a 9.0 and Dexter Blackstock recorded an 8.3 as his primary support.

Definitely a different feel with international management. Everyone is absolutely thrilled by our victory and the chance for numerous youngsters to get blooded.

We sell 73 season tickets, a significant jump from the 57 from last year.

Free Agent Signing - MR/AMR Gayson Smith (19) - $6k per year deal
12 Crossing, 11 First Touch, 13 Flair, Leadership, and Work Rate, 15 Teamwork, 11 Acceleration and Pace. He's a National Team member I convinced to come play for us, and is one of the top players on our team. Stoked to snipe this signing after his initial reluctance.

[b]vs Aruba (North American Qualifying Second Round Second Leg)
D: Kelly Robinson/Anderson Derrick/Hazeley Pyle/Lenny Hunte
M: Tevaughn Harriette/Fernando Joseph/Calaum Jahraldo-Martin
S: Josh Parker/Lucas Brochero/Dexter Blackstock

10 - That was embarrassing set piece defending 0-1

12 - Derrick charges to take back a clearance, and his forward pass bounces off a defender and to Brochero in the box, where he equalizes! 1-1

16 - Blackstock runs down a longball and centers, where Brochero leaps up and smashes in a header 2-1

43 - Brochero takes the free kick in the half-circle and slams it over the wall and into the net for a hat trick in the first half!!! 3-1

72 - Tamorley Brochero takes over at ML

82 - Our boy Gayson Smith will run out the clock at MR

85 - Kelly Matthew subs in at MC

Lucas Brochero's 9.4 hat trick and Dexter Blackstock's 8.1 single-handedly carried us into the next qualifying round.

The wins move us up to 102nd in the World Rankings. Good deal.

Old 06-20-2018, 12:27 AM   #39
Izulde
Head Coach

So a couple notes:

We're tabbed to finish 5th in the Premier Division, with Young Warriors heavy 4-6 favorites to three-peat. Winning the league gets you into the Caribbean Club Championship, which is also the path you need to walk to get to the North American Champions League.

There's also no professional clubs and no foreigners in Antigua & Barbuda's top league. The latter is a function of the former - nobody wants to come play here unless on a full-time deal.

@ West Ham (ATG)
G: George Frederick
D: Kelly Robinson/Janiel Santiago/Rolston Benjamin
M: Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin/Elvis Williams/Gayson Smith
S: Brentton Matthew/Kelly Matthew/Bo Benjamin

Between injuries and suspensions, we're having to field a 3-1-3-3 DM formation we've used sporadically.

24 - Rolston Benjamin to Kelly Matthew for the box dropoff to Brentton Matthew. The shot bounces off the post (our third blown easy chance this game), but Jahraldo-Martin just manages to get the rebound in time to put it away for his first Fort Road goal on the debut! 1-0

29 - Smith runs down the wing out and makes a gorgeous cross to Jahraldo-Martin. He has to struggle a bit to control it, but pushes past the injured defender to fire in his second goal 2-0

43 - Smith centers to Kelly Matthew in the box for the tapoff to Brentton Matthew and this time he doesn't blow it in getting his debut goal! 3-0

59 - Kelly Matthew fights off a double team to pass to Bo Benjamin in the box. The shot bounces off the defender and the ball careens left. Brentton Matthew picks it up and slams it in! 4-0

66 - Williams is injured, so Kelly Matthew moves down to MC, Bo Benjamin moves to the Poacher role, Brentton Matthew slides to the Advanced Forward spot, and Kelly Nesbitt comes as the Deep-Lying Forward. On the backline, Rolston Benjamin shifts to DC and Terrence Lewis is in as the DR.

82 - Meh 4-1

87 - Okay, now that's bullshit 4-2

Shit performance by our defense after Janiel Santiago's 7.8 and Elvis Williams' 7.9 left, but we were carried by a 7.9 from Gayson Smith, 7.8 from Kelly Matthew, 8.8 from Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin, and of course the 9.1 from PotM Brentton Matthew. It's an emphatic season-opening win.

Elvis Williams is out 4 weeks with a thigh strain, though.

@ Old Road (ATG)
D: Kelly Robinson/Anderson Derrick/Rolston Benjamin
M: Luke Simon/Kelly Matthew/Jermaine George
S: Kelly Nesbitt/Brentton Matthew/Bo Benjamin

Injuries and other health issues force the 3-1-3-3 DM again with a less than ideal MC in Kelly Matthew. Guess we need to go shopping.

3 - Kelly Matthew makes a huge interception of a corner and blasts it down the pitch to Brentton Matthew for the dribble and perfect ball forward to Bo Benjamin. Free of the last defender, Bo races into the box for his first Fort Road score!!! 1-0

50 - That was absolute ass defending. 1-1

51 - Lewis and Santiago replace the shitbirds at FB

77 - Unfuckingbelievable 1-2

81 - Abraham goes off injured. Victor Matthew comes on as we switch to a 3-4-3

6-7 weeks without Randolph Abraham. Are we shocked at the injuries piling up? Fuck no.

We split a couple international friendlies that I don't manage because I hate friendlies. It drops us to 110th in the world as we get set to play Haiti in the third round of 2022 World Cup Qualifying - a one-off elimination game.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:02 AM   #40
Izulde
Head Coach

Kelly Robinson breaks his foot in national team training and is out 4-5 weeks. Not the huge loss it initially looks - he's been performing pretty poorly. The bigger problem is that Gayson Smith has tendinitis and is out for 8 months!

@ Haiti (North American World Cup Qualifying Section Third Round First Leg)
D: Anton Hughes-Mason/Anderson Derrick/Hazeley Pyle/Jermaine Jarvis
M: Tevaughn Harriette/Keiran Murtagh/Calaum Jahraldo-Martin
S: Josh Parker/Stefan Smith/Lucas Brochero

Dexter Blackstock is out with injury as well, so we're having to field a less than brilliant lineup. Keiran Murtagh plays for League 2 side Port Vale and found him not in the pool, so in he goes and called up.

12 - Embarrassing 0-1

33 - WTF?! 0-2

35 - ?! 0-3

49 - Parker out to Jahraldo-Martin and on the center, Smith knocks it to Harriette for the score. 1-3

50 - We switch to a 3-3-1-3, with Anton Farrell at AMC, taking off our FBs and putting in Karanja Simon and Oakland Tumwa in at DC to remove Derrick and Jarvis

59 - I don't understand why we're melting down all of a sudden 1-4

@ English Harbour (7th)
D: Terrence Lewis/Marc Jarvis/Janiel Santiago/Rolston Benjamin
M: Luke Simon/Elvis Williams/Victor Matthew/Jermaine George
S: Kelly Nesbitt/Chesley Willett

Between international callups and injuries, this is a horrible looking team. We even have 3 grey guys in the subs.

15 - And of course Willett twists his ankle. Because we don't have enough fucking injuries. Still playable, however.

61 - Simon to MC, Jahraldo-Martin to MC, and Kirwan to ML, because why the fuck not?

89 - ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?! 0-1

6-7 weeks without Chesley Willett on the top of the game fucking us over with that bullshit loss and putting us in the drop zone. FUCK.YOU.FM!!!!!!

vs Haiti (North American World Cup Qualifying Section Third Round First Leg)
D: Anton Hughes-Mason/Anderson Derrick/Hazeley Pyle/Jermaine Jarvis
M: Tevaughn Harriette/Keiran Murtagh/Calaum Jahraldo-Martin
S: Josh Parker/Stefan Smith/Lucas Brochero

17 - If I'm not fired, I'm resigning after this 0-1

43 - I changed keepers and still bullshit 0-2

It's 1-3 at the half.

We come back to win 4-3, but it's not enough and though I'm not fired, I resign the next day.

vs Liberta FC (7th)
D: Terrence Lewis/Marc Jarvis/Janiel Santiago/Rolston Benjamin
M: Brentton Kirwan/Elvis Williams/Victor Matthew/Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin/Jermaine George
S: Kelly Nesbitt

51 - Simon goes in for Kirwan

62 - Santiago is knocked out, continuing our bullshit run of injuries. Benjamin at DC Grey Guy at DR

I'll take the draw, considering our awful situation. It moves us out of the drop zone on GD, but we've got a *ton* of work to do in order to salvage our season after that promising opening game.

Old 06-21-2018, 02:07 PM   #41
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

I hope you and the Golden Frogs can turn things around. It's a bit of a shame your international management career was so short. I've toyed with managing small national teams, too, but I've never really gotten into it.

Anyway, I'll keep following. It's good to see some FM stories on the board.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:42 PM   #42
Izulde
Head Coach

I actually left the Golden Frogs when I moved from T&T to A&B. Fort Road has no nickname I can find - just a really ugly '90s Paint logo. It's been fun, though, despite my frustrations. I like playing in low level, small leagues. Much easier for me to get a read on talent levels.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:38 PM   #43
thehitcat
H.S. Freshman Team

I don't know that I enjoy your pain but I certainly enjoy how you express it. I'm also having fun with you playing in leagues I didn't even know existed. Keep it up, even if it means jumping to Anguilla to take over the Ballers
thehitcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:32 PM   #44
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitcat View Post
I don't know that I enjoy your pain but I certainly enjoy how you express it. I'm also having fun with you playing in leagues I didn't even know existed. Keep it up, even if it means jumping to Anguilla to take over the Ballers

Bryan Swartz loves both the pain and the expression. And yeah, it's really fun to play in these obscure, out of the way leagues.

vs Hoppers (9th)
D: Terrence Lewis/Brentton Kirwan/Anderson Derrick/Rolston Benjamin
M: Luke Simon/Kelly Matthew/Jermaine George
S: Kelly Nesbitt/Bo Benjamin/Brentton Matthew

Let the healing begin hopefully, now that the madness of international management is over and we're playing one of the worst teams in the league.

6 - 0-1

18 - Fuck 0-2

19 - This 0-3

35 - Brentton Matthew scores to bring us one back 1-3

63 - Brentton Matthew cross to Nesbitt. Two back 2-3

83 - Kelly Matthew charges to intercept a clearance and plays it to Jahraldo-Martin in the box who fires the equalizer from 3 down! 3-3

85 - Lewis centers to Brentton Matthew in the half-circle. He feeds it to unmarked George in the box, who scores his first ever Fort Road goal at the best time possible!!!!! 4-3

9.0 and PotM for Jermaine George, 8.1 for Brentton Matthew, 8.0 for Kelly Matthew, and 7.5 for Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin off the bench, as the stunning roarback after my hair-dryer treatment blistered them into action.

Yet another injury: Elvis Williams out 7-8 weeks with a sports hernia.

@ Parham FC (6th)
D: Terrence Lewis/Anderson Derrick/Janiel Santiago/Rolston Benjamin
M: Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin/Victor Matthew/Jermaine George
S: Bo Benjamin/Kelly Matthew/Brentton Matthew

46 - More yelling at half. Brentton Matthew has it on the right side of the box. He crosses to Jahraldo-Martin who surprises everyone by nodding his header back to the half-circle. We quickly see why as Victor Matthew is storming up to slide tackle the ball to Kelly Matthew in the box. Our star striker, First of the Matthews, Scorer of Goals, Raja of Fort Road, has time to set and score what is weirdly his first goal of the year 1-0

47 - On the ensuing kickoff, George blocks a pass that Brentton Matthew picks up, parlaying it in the middle to Kelly Matthew. Pass into space hits Bo Benjamin, who dribbles into the half circle, and just before crossing into the box, cracks a shot that goes in! 2-0

59 - George picks up a corner clearance, wings right to Bo Benjamin, and Kelly Matthew reads the cross perfectly, trailing left to smash in the header! 3-0

61 - Bo Benjamin swings the corner to Victor Matthew for the first touch shot. Keeper is playing out of the net slightly, and he can't move quick enough to get it! First ever VM Fort Road goal!!! 4-0

76 - Simon is in for Jahraldo-Martin

88 - My fault for not pulling Santiago for Jarvis earlier 4-1

All full-time starters except Terrence Lewis and the keeper had 7.2 or higher, with the highlights Victor Matthew (9.0), Kelly Matthew (9.2), and Bo Benjamin (9.0).

A third of the way through the season and we're in a solid 4th place.

vs Freemansville (8th)
D: Kelly Robinson/Anderson Derrick/Janiel Santiago/Rolston Benjamin

13 - Victor Matthew fires it out right to George, who nails the perfect cross left to untouched Jahraldo-Martin for the score 1-0

22 - Robinson throws in to Jahraldo-Martin and crosses behind him to distract the defender while our left-winger centers into the box to Victor Matthew, who follows up his first goal last game with a mid-range strike in this one! 2-0

41 - ....Santiago gives up a PK and they convert 2-1

42 - On the ensuing possession, Victor Matthew goes out right to George and the benefit of the great cross this time is Kelly Matthew, who scores with ease 3-1

55 - Out is Santiago, in is Jarvis

77 - Bo Benjamin-Victor Matthew-Jermaine George around the globe, with George feeding to Brentton Matthew in the box. He dribbles, shoots, and we have our third straight game of 4 goals scored!!!! 4-1

78 - Couldn't stop that one 4-2

86 - We change to a 3-1-3-3 DM with 3 DCs, Benjamin moving over and Robinson getting a break, Abraham in as the Anchorman DM

9.0 PotM for Jermaine George, 8.7 for Ranjae-Jahraldo-Martin, and 8.2 for Victor Matthew. Unfortunately, Brentton Matthew got hurt like 30 seconds before game end.

Rolston Benjamin will miss the next game due to yellows. Luke Simon is out 2 weeks with a thigh injury.

3rd place. And we face the cream of the crop next game.

Old 06-22-2018, 02:14 AM   #45
Izulde
Head Coach

vs Young Warriors (1st)
D: Kelly Robinson/Anderson Derrick/Marc Jarvis/Janiel Santiago
S: Kelly Nesbitt/Kelly Matthew/Bo Benjamin

2 - What the actual fuck?! Santiago kicked the ball into our goal like he was paid off 0-1

6 - Robinson throws in to Santiago, gets it back, and centers to Nesbitt who forces a kick through two defenders into the net! 1-1

9 - Frederick kicked it right to them. WTF is going on?! 1-2

25 - "This will make it 14 straight games without defeat 1-3

58 - Bitchass fluke goal 1-4

I didn't expect to win, but this was just trash. Victor Matthew is out next match with yellows.

@ Wadidi (3rd)
D: Terrence Lewis/Anderson Derrick/Marc Jarvis/Rolston Benjamin
M: Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin/Randolph Abraham/Jermaine George

Janiel Santiago has been in awful form lately, so he's getting dropped.

5 - Abraham plays it short right to Brentton Matthew, who beautifully feeds Kelly Matthew in the box for the score against his old team! 1-0

16 - Pfeh. Immediate answer 1-1

19 - ...Well, shit. Kelly Matthew out with injury. Just when I think we're starting to turn the corner... Kelly Nesbitt in and an ensuing shuffle of strikers

54 - Sigh 1-2

56 - Rolston Benjamin slides in to replace Jarvis; Santiago's day off ends by in at DR

69 - Rolston Benjamin strips the ball away and plays it long to Brentton Matthew. He dribbles and cracks the 25 yarder into the net! The 16 year old has been exactly what I hoped for when we signed him 2-2

83 - I'm horrified at a dangerous pitch ground cross by George, but Jahraldo-Martin races forward to retrieve it, then tears his ass off all the way down the left side of the pitch until hitting Brentton Matthew on the cross for the stunning go-ahead goal!!! Santiago shifts to DC, Lewis over to DR, and Robinson jogs in at DL to try and stay fresh in the last minutes of the game. Derrick has redeemed himself slightly, but is wiped. 3-2

84 - Robinson with a critical interception on the following kickoff, and on the back end, it's Nesbitt playing right to George, and the short pass into the box finds Brentton Matthew for the hat trick insurance goal!!!!!! 4-2

86 - Abraham finds the seam in the defense and longballs to Jahraldo-Martin near the touchline. Cross and the defense can't stop Brentton Matthew in the second half, as he torches them for his fourth goal of the night!!!!! 5-2

9.7 and PotM for Brentton Matthew, obviously, but shoutouts also to Jermaine George (8.7), Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin (8.5 and who has really made the ML spot his own since Luke Simon's early season struggles), and Randolph Abraham (7.8).

We pay $275 to send Kelly Matthew to a specialist, and he's still out 4-5 weeks. Devastating, really.

@ Sea View Farm (FA Cup Second Round)
D: Kelly Robinson/Anderson Derrick/Marc Jarvis/Rolston Benjamin
M: Brentton Kirwan/Victor Matthew/Jermaine George

My mortal enemies right here. They always play us hard. Rough, rough draw.

3 - That one is squarely on Derrick's shoulders 0-1

37 - Derrick atones for his earlier fuckup by heading in the corner from Bo Benjamin for his Fort Road goal! 1-1

47 - Rolston Benjamin shifts to DC, replacing Jarvis, and Lewis takes over at DR

65 - Jahraldo-Martin's day off ends as he replaces Kirwan

82 - George is squeezed between two defenders just outside the box, and somehow his tired ass fights them off just enough to feed Brentton Matthew in the box, and our heroic teenager comes through again!!! 2-1

PotM goes to 9.0 Victor Matthew, who has sparkled in our MC spot lately. 8.1 for Jermaine George and 7.6 for Brentton Matthew. Although it didn't show up in the ratings, Rolston Benjamin made stop after stop after stop after moving to DC, and will get an extended look there.

Finally, we get that monkey off our backs. And Brentton Matthew continues to be precisely the rising star I hoped he'd be. Between him, Kelly Matthew, and Bo Benjamin (the latter a player I always feared at the lower level), we've got a really good trio of strikers up front.

Old 06-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #46
Greyfriars Bobby
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I actually left the Golden Frogs when I moved from T&T to A&B. Fort Road has no nickname I can find - just a really ugly '90s Paint logo. It's been fun, though, despite my frustrations. I like playing in low level, small leagues. Much easier for me to get a read on talent levels.

Duh, of course. Sorry about that.

I keep envisioning a Fort Road supporters' group called the Garrison, for some reason.

I know what you mean about enjoying lower league football. I'm comfortable there, too. If my Wantage save weren't so much fun, I'd probably have been distracted by another adventure by now. I think Iceland might be fun to try sometime.
Greyfriars Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:10 PM   #47
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfriars Bobby View Post
Duh, of course. Sorry about that.

I keep envisioning a Fort Road supporters' group called the Garrison, for some reason.

I know what you mean about enjoying lower league football. I'm comfortable there, too. If my Wantage save weren't so much fun, I'd probably have been distracted by another adventure by now. I think Iceland might be fun to try sometime.

It's all good. Hmm. Great idea for supporters' group. I'll weave that in, thanks.

@ West Ham (ATG) (10th)
D: Kelly Robinson/Anderson Derrick//Rolston Benjamin/Janiel Santiago

3 - Jahraldo-Martin races horizontally across the pitch to beat out a defender in the chase for a cleared corner kick. He pops it ahead to Bo Benjamin and on the cross, Nesbitt sinks it 1-0

7 - Rare dropped ball by Frederick bleh 1-1

56 - Santiago moves in to DC, Lewis to DR, and Jarvis subs in for Derrick

61 - Brentton Matthew is in the half-circle with three defenders lined up against him. Rather than force it, he makes the smart play and lays off to George on the right side. Return feed into the box, and Brentton Matthew drills in his 10th goal of the year 2-1

78 - Simon in for tired Jahraldo-Martin

79 - Bo Benjamin with the loft free kick, and George hits the soft, rolling header for the insurance goal!!! 3-1

Jermaine George wins PotM with a 9.0, and supporting him with 7.4s - Victor Matthew and Kelly Nesbitt.

vs Old Road (ATG) (9th)

15 - George just quick enough to beat the defender on the clearance loose ball, and he first touches it to Bo Benjamin in the box. Shot's deflection, but Brentton Matthew moves in and strikes the rebound 1-0

19 - Victor Matthew takes the outlet pass and blasts it wide right to George. He dribbles down the flank and pitch-perfect delivers to Nesbitt for the easy goal 2-0

61 - Jarvis in for Derrick; Lewis for Santiago

72 - Simon on for Jahraldo-Martin

85 - Jarvis makes a great interception and laterals Rolston Benjamin. Laser beam down the pitch to Nesbitt's head is a knock-in the box to Bo Benjamin, who finally breaks his drought, scoring just his third goal of the year. Don't feel too bad for Bo, though - he contributes in a lot of areas and defers to superior finishers 3-0

91 - Bo Benjamin intercepts and lays out right to Brentton Matthew. It's off to the races with B-Matt on the touchline. He doesn't like the cross to Nesbitt, so he kicks back on the diagonal to Bo Benjamin, who cracks a second long-range goal! 4-0

That's the type of victory we like. So, 7 games left. We're 5 points behind both Young Warriors and English Harbour, but likewise enjoy a 5 point edge on Wadadli - 8 on Freemansville in our preseason projection of 5th, who have gotten off the snide.

vs Liberta FC (FA Cup Quarterfinal)

16 - Terrible. F. 0-1

51 - Lewis for Santiago

62 - Willett on for Brentton Matthew

Yes, we were robbed by the post twice, but we still played like shit against a team we should have steamrolled, so I let the team have it.

Victor Matthew earns a $500k a year a raise and is signed through 2022. Kelly Matthew takes a $1k/year paycut and is now making $8k a year through 2022. I'm excited he was willing to reduce his demands. We have some other extensions in the offing.

George Frederick sprains his wrist badly and is out 2-3 weeks. Kelly Robinson goes down with injury and is out a month.

@ Liberta FC (9th)
D: Terrence Lewis/Anderson Derrick//Rolston Benjamin/Janiel Santiago

There's a lot of talk in the runup about how we haven't been able to solve Chester Benjamin, Liberta's 30 year old keeper who has shut us out every game we've played him.

21 - He sprained his wrist early in the game, but Derrick forces a steal, and Rolston Benjamin blasts it long to Brentton Matthew in the half-circle. He shows the afterburners and fires the mid-range right as he crosses the goal line, and we finally beat the wily veteran keeper! 1-0

39 - Nesbitt is in the middle of their half and volleys it right where Brenton Matthew and George are jogging partners. The former takes it and crosses to Jahraldo-Martin for the open score. Not today are you gonna beat us, old man! 2-0

45 - Brentton Matthew firebombs it across the pitch when he runs into a three defender wall. Jahraldo-Martin first touch crosses to Bo Benjamin and we keep piling it on before the half 3-0

58 - Luke takes the goal kick after they shank a sitter, hitting George in the midfield circle. Short lateral to Victor Matthew, and the longball into space has Nesbitt beating everyone and driving into the box for the score! 4-0

59 - Now we're getting sloppy on the backline. Rolston Benjamin shifts out to DR, Jarvis comes in at DC, and Kirwan replaces Lewis at DL

All full-time starters except the keeper had 7.3 or higher, with the 8+ headliners Victor Matthew (8.1), Kelly Nesbitt (8.2), Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin (8.4), and PotM Brentton Matthew with a 9.0.

Bo Luke, Elvis Williams, Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin and Kelly Nesbitt lock down same price extensions. We'll be without both Anderson Derrick *and* Janiel Santiago next game due to yellows.

That's going to be rough, because our most important match of the year as far as positioning is up next.

Old 06-23-2018, 01:55 AM   #48
Izulde
Head Coach

vs English Harbour (2nd)
D: Brentton Kirwan/Marc Jarvis//Rolston Benjamin

Kirwan and Abraham are both starting this game tired, but we have no choice thanks to injuries and suspensions. If we can somehow pull off the upset, we'll move to 2nd on goal differential.

59 - Kelly Matthew for Bo Benjamin; Willett for Nesbitt

84 - Brentton Matthew is being hassled by a defender, but he's able to sneak a short pass out to the right and up for George, and the cross hits Jahraldo-Martin for the score!!! 1-0

That was an ugly, ugly game, with Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin our highest at 7.2 and no PotM award for us. But now we're just 3 points behind Young Warriors and would have GD over them if we pulled off that upset.

We're also guaranteed to stay up with 5 games left, as our worst place we can finish is 7th! That's a huge accomplishment, considering there were a few going into the season who were doubtful we had what it took to remain in the top division.

Jermaine George breaks both his own team and the Premier Division record with 9 assists, 8 in the league. Very cool.

@ Hoppers (8th)
D: Terrence Lewis/Anderson Derrick/Janiel Santiago/Rolston Benjamin
M: Luke Simon/Victor Matthew/Elvis Williams
S: Kelly Nesbitt/Kelly Matthew/Bo Benjamin

We're having to give some guys rest today and there's still a couple outstanding injuries as we play this short turnaround. Victor Matthew and George Frederick aren't in the most energy-filled shape, but we have no choice in Matthew, and I'm leery of starting Bo Luke again that quickly.

7 - I wanted to give Brentton Matthew the day off, but that's over with as Kelly Matthew goes off with injury yet again.

46 - Lewis gets in the way of Derrick's attempted pass back to Frederick, but luckily Derrick is able to fetch the loose ball and play it long to Simon. Kick back to the middle and Victor Matthew for the rainbow long ball to Bo Benjamin in the box, and he spears it home!!!! 1-0

72 - Jarvis in for Santiago; George for Williams

83 - Heads up play by Lewis to already see where the corner clearance is going, and he gets it and taps to Bo Benjamin for the long, high cross to poorly defended George who sinks the insurance goal!!!! 2-0

90 - Rolston Benjamin throws in to Brentton Matthew and gets it back. He has all the space and time in the world to dribble, set, and crack a high ball to Simon in the box for the easy walk-in goal! 3-0

All full-time starters but the keeper had 7.0 or higher, including the star outings of 9.0 PotM by Victor Matthew, 8.4 by Bo Benjamin, 7.8 from Luke Simon, and a heroic 7.4 off the bench by Jermaine George.

English Harbour manages a poor 2-2 draw at home, and because Young Warriors didn't play today, we're temporarily in 1st place with 4 to play! (That won't last, however). We're also now locked in to a top 4 finish to beat projections.

Kelly Matthew is out 6-7 months

Young Warriors draw 1-1 away, which means just a single point separates us now.

vs Parham FC (5th)
D: Terrence Lewis/Anderson Derrick//Rolston Benjamin/Janiel Santiago
M: Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin/Randolph Abraham/Victor Matthew/Jermaine George
S: Brentton Matthew/Bo Benjamin

They run a 3-5-2, so we're going with a 4-4-2 in response.

57 - 5 straight fucking corners they get and then Brentton Matthew is whistled for a bullshit PK they convert. I immediately yank him and Abraham for Nesbitt and [b]Jarvis/b] respectively. 0-1

80 - This is a game where it's decided you're going to lose. Victor Matthew sent off with a double yellow.

This was a blown golden opportunity. Young Warriors suffered their first loss of the season, and English Harbour went down, too.

Even more bullshit, the refs denied a penalty we should have been awarded, so the fix was definitely in on this one.

I'm fined $210 by the FA. The board's upset, but FA, fuck you.

So let's see here. 2 week break. Terrence Lewis and Victor Matthew suspended for our next game. Janiel Santiago also a miss with a particularly virulent flu. Gayson Smith and Kelly Matthew obviously done for the season.Chelsey Willett is out a month with injury.

vs Wadadli (5th)
D: Kelly Robinson/Anderson Derrick/Marc Jarvis/Rolston Benjamin

3 - Shitlord start 0-1

43 - Matthew kicks back to George for the high pass to Bo Benjamin in the box. Header clunks off the top bar, but he's there to put away his own rebound 1-1

56 - FUCK YOU!!!! GEORGE WAS ONSIDES!!!!!

63 - Abraham intercepts and plays it left to Jahraldo-Martin. Play into the box connects with Nesbitt's sudden left veer, and the cross to Matthew has no fucking flag this time as he puts it away 2-1

74 - Kirwan goes in for Derrick; Williams for Abraham

Kelly Nesbitt's 7.6 PotM outing saves us on a rough day. Unfortunately, Young Warriors narrowly avoided a collapse and won, while English Harbour won easily.

2 games left. The top 3 teams are already set for the year - it's just a matter of who captures the championship amongst the 3 sides - Young Warriors, us, or English Harbour.

Old 06-23-2018, 04:38 AM   #49
Izulde
Head Coach

@ Freemansville (5th)
D: Kelly Robinson/Anderson Derrick/Janiel Santiago/Rolston Benjamin

22 - Robinson is hurt again, but it's playable. Victor Matthew plays a beautiful ball out right that George runs down and hits a stunning cross to Bo Benjamin ahead of everyone to just barely knock the header in!!! 1-0

47 - Victor Matthew cracks it right to George for the pretty ball to Brentton Matthew in the box. Cross, and Nesbitt bowls over the defender on his way to the insurance goal! 2-0

59 - We switch to our 3-1-3-3 DM, with Abraham in his usual DM spot and Santiago sitting

68 - Lewis is on for Robinson

82 - Jahraldo-Martin wants off, so Simon subs in for him

8.0 PotM for Jermaine George, but it was George Frederick who really stood out in my eyes - brilliant save after save for a 7.5.

Kelly Robinson - 3 to 4 weeks. And then Anderson Derrick, in the most devastating blow possible, is out 5-6 weeks with a back strain. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ Young Warriors (1st)
D: Marc Jarvis/Rolston Benjamin/Janiel Santiago
DM: Victor Matthew

This is it. The match for all the marbles. We've never beaten them. Ever. Our best striker? Out. Our best central defender? Out. Our best fullback? Out. Our best MR? Out. So we're going with 3 DCs at the back, a DM, and our 3-1-3-3 DM setup.

61 - Simon and Williams go in at the winger spots. We haven't had any opportunities to score.

Kelly Nesbitt shoots two wild attempts, one he just had to fucking dump off to Brentton Matthew for the score and we would have won. I was fucking AGHAST when he shot rather than cross.

So bitterly heartbreaking to lose the title this way.

English Harbour wins their final match to drop us to 3rd place.

Transfer In - DR Lenny Hunte (18) - From Parham FC - $7.5k deal through next season
Expensive buy, so I didn't want to commit long term. 10 Teamwork, 12 Work Rate, 11 Acceleration, 13 Pace, 13 Stamina though, and he's been a great player for Parham.

Transfer In - AMLC/ML Terrence Derrick (27) - From Villa Lions
My intention is to turn this first true veteran signing (signed for $4k through 2023) into an MC, where he's already awkward, or consider switching to a formation next year that calls for an AMC. 12 First, 20 Leadership!, 12 Stamina. He'll take the captain's armband next season and perhaps be the stabilizing influence we need.

Transfer In - ML/AML Connor Hughes-Mason (22) - From Piggots Bullets
Star player for this level along with Kelly Robinson. 11 Crossing, 12 Technique, 14 Flair, and great physical attributes, including 11 Acceleration and Pace. Earning $4k a year through 2023.

Here's what we know - There's a lot of guys who are going to be playing somewhere else next season, including Brentton Kirwan. We really need help at DC and MC. An elite GK would go well, as would strengthening our strikers, oddly enough.

Transfer Out - DL/ML Brentton Kirwan (20) - To SAP FC - $4.5k
Our weakest player by far last season. Was time for him to go.

For some fucked up reason, everyone wants PPA deals now. Not that it's a bad thing - I signed and cut a trash player as a result.

Transfer Out - DM/MC Randolph Abraham (19) - To SAP FC - $2.5k
I liked him a lot, but the talent level just isn't there.

Transfer Out - ST Chesley Willett (19) - To Willikies - $3.5k
Gets some more money because he was very distant in our rankings.

Oh, and our youth pull signing was GK George Jarvis of 13 Handling, 10 Kicking, 13 Decisions, 15 Teamwork, 13 Work Rate, 13 Agility. I'm not convinced he's our best keeper, but my staff all swear he is, so why not?

More of the offseason next time, as we continue trying to unload salary to players who don't cut the mustard and send them to lower division clubs.

Old 06-24-2018, 12:42 AM   #50
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - DLCR Calaum Abraham (25) - From English Harbour - $150
8k per year contract is steep, but he plays all three positions with 12 Aggression, 11 Decisions, 15 Leadership, 18 Teamwork, 14 Work Rate, and 12 Jumping Reach. He slots in as a starter for sure.

Transfer In - MCL Jay Simon (25) - From English Harbour - $0
Another $8k per year contract, but I love this dude - 10 Passing, 11 Decisions, 13 Determination, 10 Work Rate, 12 Acceleration and 10 Pace. Doesn't have the Flair I like, but that's okay. We continue raiding one of the teams above us. Our payroll is going to balloon but oh well.

New All-Time 11 Inductees
ST Brentton Matthew
DM/MC Victor Matthew
ML Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin
ST Bo Benjamin
DRC Rolston Benjamin
GK George Frederick

We lost $15k last year. But we get a new sponsor that instead of paying $15.15k shells out almost double at $27k. Huge boost, though a 4 year deal seems a little long.

We inch up to the 5th most reputable club in Antigua & Barbuda. We're also heralded as having been the biggest overachievers for our 3rd place finish.

The board now expects a top half finish and for us to make it to the championship of the FA Cup. Transfer money is the same, but salary budget goes up to $375k, of which we're spending about 30%.

Departing The Club
ML Luke Simon
DCR Janiel Santiago
DC/DM/MC Marc Jarvis

They were good for a while, but it was time for them to leave and free up more space, dropping our payroll down to about $90k.

Our division drops to 30th in North America - one spot.

Transfer In - MC Bo Cochrane (26) - From Urlings - $6.5k a year contract
We had to fight off English Harbour for his signature, but he's worth the money - 13 First Touch, 13 Passing, 17 Teamwork, 13 Work Rate, 16 Leadership, 11 Stamina.

Transfer In - DLC Chesley Henry (25) - From Urlings - $5.5k a year contract
We're spending like mad, I know. But I really want that title. 10 Marking, 12 Tackling, 10 Aggression, 10 Decisions, 15 Teamwork, 11 Work Rate, Acceleration, and Jumping Reach.

Slight uptick in tickets sold at 77 vs 73.

Young Warriors are favorites to four-peat at 4-6, but we've invested so much in talent upgrades, we're 6-4 and projected to finish 2nd.

vs Piggotts Bullets
G: George Jarvis
D: Kelly Robinson/Chesley Henry/Anderson Derrick/Lenny Hunte
M: Connor Hughes-Mason/Bo Cochrane/Jay Simon/Gayson Smith
S: Brentton Matthew/Kelly Matthew

33 seconds - Cochrane picks up the cleared ball and taps it to Simon. He waits, then delivers to Smith in the box. Our right winger splits two defenders with his shot that curls into the net for his first Fort Road goal! 1-0

39 - Simon forward to Smith and the feed to Kelly Matthew. He taps off to Brentton Matthew for the power stroke in! 2-0

69 - George enters the game at ML, Abraham in for Hunte

8.3 and PotM for Gayson Smith, 8.1 for Kelly Matthew as we post a solid season opening win over an old First Division foe.

Victor Matthew is out 2 months, and we've had some other injuries to our insane depth crop up. Honestly, I'm going to be very disappointed if we don't win the title this year. This is a ridiculous deep, powerful squad.