Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-11-2015, 11:15 AM   #3201
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
He's talking about the Steam Wallet Cards. Like the ones you buy at Gamestop, etc.

YUP
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 11:17 AM   #3202
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

I'm surprised Valve hasnt come out with a Steam credit card yet.....
Old 06-11-2015, 12:09 PM   #3203
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Ouch. Fifty items on my wishlist and after the first set of deals go up? One discount, for 13% off. I may get out of this sale cheap.

Edit: Belay that; it looks like it's just taking a few minutes to match deals to wishlists. Now I'm broke. Dammit.

Last edited by Shkspr : 06-11-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:22 PM   #3204
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Traditionally does OOTP ever get a bigger flash discount? Right now it's 29.99. I don't mind buying at that price but don't wanna buy and then find it much less down the road a day or two.
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:27 PM   #3205
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I'm hopeful that I will be selected for a one-day featured product sale, which will get me millions of eyeballs that otherwise would never have seen the game. A bit scary, because I've never participated in any significant type of sale before.

But, yes, FOF will be 15% off during the entire sale period.

Do you get to decide what kind of discount? I have no idea what the financial situation or strategy of Solecismic is, but a $3.75 discount is not going to get me to buy a game. Well, not me. I bought it when it came out, but a prospective buyer.

I have some games on my wishlist that are $25, or $30 or $35 bucks. I would only buy these games at a 50% discount or more, because while I want them, they don't seem that great to me to pay that much. If the goal is just to get more users of the game, I would suggest a much deeper discount for the summer sale.

Basically a $25 game that I don't think is worth it, is not going to be worth it at $21.25. $10 or $15, then yes I am giving it some real thought. $5, no brainer that is an instant buy.

If you just want to get on the front page for a day, then yeah 15% is fine.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:33 PM   #3206
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Ok looks like we all need to team up in this game thing. I don't see anyone on my friends list playing yet, so I'm going to start. Join DarkJoker
Old 06-11-2015, 12:33 PM   #3207
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Well scratch that it won't let me start a game right now. Good old day one technical difficulties.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:32 PM   #3208
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Valkyria Chronicles and all DLC is $4.99. I played it on PS3, and it was an amazing game. A combination FPS, war strategy game, JRPG, and if you are into stories, one of the most engaging stories I've seen in a game. Those that don't like the game usually cite that it is more story than game, so keep that in mind. For 5 bucks though, this is a steal.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:39 PM   #3209
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Dola, I see that Papers Please is also $5. I may have to get this one.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 01:42 PM   #3210
Arles
Grey Dog Software

We are running a $5 off promotion for both Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 and World of Mixed Martial Arts 4! Beginning today, you can use the coupon code STEAM15 at checkout in the webstore to save $5 off on either TEW2013 or WMMA4. This sale coincides with the 75% off Steam sale on TEW2010 and WMMA3 - where you can get either game for $4.99.

To take part, please visit our webstore and add either TEW2013 or WMMA4 to your shopping cart. Next, choose the option "I have a discount coupon for this product" and enter the code STEAM15.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:26 PM   #3211
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Do you get to decide what kind of discount? I have no idea what the financial situation or strategy of Solecismic is, but a $3.75 discount is not going to get me to buy a game. Well, not me. I bought it when it came out, but a prospective buyer.

I have some games on my wishlist that are $25, or $30 or $35 bucks. I would only buy these games at a 50% discount or more, because while I want them, they don't seem that great to me to pay that much. If the goal is just to get more users of the game, I would suggest a much deeper discount for the summer sale.

Basically a $25 game that I don't think is worth it, is not going to be worth it at $21.25. $10 or $15, then yes I am giving it some real thought. $5, no brainer that is an instant buy.

If you just want to get on the front page for a day, then yeah 15% is fine.

I think for the people who have bothered to register here and still visit, and don't already have FOF7 after 18 months on the market, I'm probably not going to find any price point in common. If my goal to convert this group, I'm an idiot. Maybe I am anyway. These are the people who say "I don't see what's different in the new version." Really, they shouldn't be buying until there's a new feature they want. Or maybe they were disappointed in their initial purchase, but like the forum for other reasons and wouldn't buy at any price.

If I ever sell a current product at $5, I'll never be able to sell a new product again at a price that allows me a viable business. That's your "going out of business sale." If you see me doing that, you know I've found another job or am off to the old folks' home and will be shutting things down shortly.

I want people to get (at least) dozens of hours out of FOF. If they don't, then it's not worth it. If they do, then $25 is a bargain. Niche products work that way - they always have. I can't beat EA or any real publisher on a price per development dollar basis, and I don't do the types of games that take 2-3 month development cycles where you can justify a lower price (well, I tried the card game, but that didn't sell).

I still see more people on the FOF wish list than I have total sales. They'll get a notification if they're on Steam over the next 11 days. The percentage that convert is very important. So is the percentage who buy who see the sale. I have access to a lot of data now. If I made a mistake on pricing for this sale, there's always next summer.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:32 PM   #3212
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think for the people who have bothered to register here and still visit, and don't already have FOF7 after 18 months on the market, I'm probably not going to find any price point in common. If my goal to convert this group, I'm an idiot. Maybe I am anyway. These are the people who say "I don't see what's different in the new version." Really, they shouldn't be buying until there's a new feature they want. Or maybe they were disappointed in their initial purchase, but like the forum for other reasons and wouldn't buy at any price.

If I ever sell a current product at $5, I'll never be able to sell a new product again at a price that allows me a viable business. That's your "going out of business sale." If you see me doing that, you know I've found another job or am off to the old folks' home and will be shutting things down shortly.

I want people to get (at least) dozens of hours out of FOF. If they don't, then it's not worth it. If they do, then $25 is a bargain. Niche products work that way - they always have. I can't beat EA or any real publisher on a price per development dollar basis, and I don't do the types of games that take 2-3 month development cycles where you can justify a lower price (well, I tried the card game, but that didn't sell).

I still see more people on the FOF wish list than I have total sales. They'll get a notification if they're on Steam over the next 11 days. The percentage that convert is very important. So is the percentage who buy who see the sale. I have access to a lot of data now. If I made a mistake on pricing for this sale, there's always next summer.

That is very cool that you can see how many wish lists it is on. Best of luck!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #3213
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:

i know no one's asking, but my fof price point is $15.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #3214
Subby
lolzcat

$9.99 4 LYFE
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #3215
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
$9.99 4 LYFE

Particularly if you have FOF 8 on the front burner and want to get potentially thousands of football-luvin' Steamers on board before its release. Get them in the door for cheap and treat it as a marketing cost.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:27 PM   #3216
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Steam is an interesting market. We've listed a couple of prior versions of popular games (WMMA3 and TEW2010) to dip our toe in the water. There are a few issues with the "niche titles", IMO. First, everything needs to be $20-25 reg price to sell (if you aren't FM or a major title with a lot of name recognition). So, off the bat, you are taking a 30-40% hit from a $34.95 price point. Then, you factor in the "sales" where you lose another 50-75% - which is fine if it's a title that doesn't sell well at normal price or that has just hit a wall on sales. However, if it's a newer version, you could be trading 100 sales at $30 net for 300 sales at $5 net. There's a sweet spot in there for niche games, but I'm not sure where it is (nor if it's worth the gamble we hit it right). That's why I've shied away from putting new titles there. I may be making a big mistake and putting TEW2013 on steam for $20 could sell 10-times what it sells on our site - but the evidence I've seen so far doesn't show that. Either people want it for $5-8 to "add to their collection" or they are willing to pay the $30 to play it non-stop as Jim said above. I'm not sure the $10-25 price point makes a ton of a difference (based on what I've seen).

So, I'm currently using Steam as a gateway to get people into our games by using a "one-off" version and discounting it severely - in hopes they buy it, check out our site and then buy a game or two down the road from our site at closer to full price. Will this work? Who knows, but early evidence is that it has been fairly effective. This next days will give us some more data points.

Last edited by Arles : 06-11-2015 at 03:28 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:33 PM   #3217
Edward64
Head Coach

Bought Dead State for 50% off.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:29 PM   #3218
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
We are running a $5 off promotion for both Total Extreme Wrestling 2013 and World of Mixed Martial Arts 4! Beginning today, you can use the coupon code STEAM15 at checkout in the webstore to save $5 off on either TEW2013 or WMMA4. This sale coincides with the 75% off Steam sale on TEW2010 and WMMA3 - where you can get either game for $4.99.

To take part, please visit our webstore and add either TEW2013 or WMMA4 to your shopping cart. Next, choose the option "I have a discount coupon for this product" and enter the code STEAM15.

Awesome, thanks!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:30 PM   #3219
frnk55
High School Varsity

City skylines 22.49 It is a excellent game well worth it!!!!!
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:57 PM   #3220
Schmidty
Coordinator

I hate that I bought FOF7 like 2 weeks before it was put on Steam. Now I never play it because I don't know how to get it synched on Steam and really didn't feel like fiddling with and figuring it out.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:21 PM   #3221
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...e_steam_store/

Haha. Scum.
Old 06-11-2015, 08:32 PM   #3222
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I hate that I bought FOF7 like 2 weeks before it was put on Steam. Now I never play it because I don't know how to get it synched on Steam and really didn't feel like fiddling with and figuring it out.

click Games > Add a non-steam game to your library. you'll get a pop-up box with all your installed software. check FOF7 then Add selected games to library.

end scene

(it literally takes less time to do this than it took me to type this)
Old 06-11-2015, 08:40 PM   #3223
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
click Games > Add a non-steam game to your library. you'll get a pop-up box with all your installed software. check FOF7 then Add selected games to library.

end scene

(it literally takes less time to do this than it took me to type this)

Now you know just how lazy I am.

Thank!
Old 06-11-2015, 08:46 PM   #3224
Schmidty
Coordinator

It doesn't show up even though I moved it to my Games folder. I suck.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:00 PM   #3225
Dutch
"Dutch"

Nobody panic, evolution will solve this!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:23 PM   #3226
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I can't get into this Monster game to play, kind of a bummer.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 10:51 PM   #3227
Schmidty
Coordinator

This is fun. I gave myself 45 bucks, so now it's just a matter of getting the most bang for my $.

I finally understand how my wife feels when she goes "saling" and buys God-Knows-What.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:41 AM   #3228
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post

So far these are the only two things I like during this sale...Maybe im just too picky
Old 06-12-2015, 04:00 PM   #3229
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sweet. FOF 7 is one of the unlocked reward sales (from the click game) for tomorrow.

Hopefully that brings more attention to the game.

Last edited by EagleFan : 06-12-2015 at 04:01 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:07 PM   #3230
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Has anyone here tried Democracy 3? It's available with all expansion packs for around 8 bucks.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:32 PM   #3231
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Has anyone here tried Democracy 3? It's available with all expansion packs for around 8 bucks.

I own it. For $8 it's worth it. It'll get boring, but it's not a bad time waster especially at that price. You like politics and it's fun to tinker with without taking up a million hours.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 06-12-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 04:46 PM   #3232
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Why does this question get asked every time there's a sale?
Old 06-12-2015, 05:26 PM   #3233
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wasteland 2 for 20 in the Flash Deal is strong.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:26 PM   #3234
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
Wasteland 2 for 20 in the Flash Deal is strong.

Plus I think you get a free upgrade to GOTY edition when it comes out.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:46 PM   #3235
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

FOF7 is on the list of special achievements that were unlocked byt eh Steam Summer Game and will be rockign tomorrow.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:02 PM   #3236
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
FOF7 is on the list of special achievements that were unlocked byt eh Steam Summer Game and will be rockign tomorrow.

Will it have more of a discount than it does now? (15%)
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:48 AM   #3237
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

Today's smallest unlocked discount is 33% the largest was 90% Half of the games were 75% off. I really hope a lot of new fans come to the game from this.
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:33 AM   #3238
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I feel a little like I just wandered into the teleporter on Star Trek, looked down, and realized I'm wearing a red shirt.

I have no idea what I'm getting into. I'm completely unfamiliar with most of the vocabulary, like "special achievements." But someone at Valve contacted me last week and asked me to participate, and I appreciate the opportunity, even if I don't fully understand it. That was the first time I've ever heard from someone at Valve. I guess I've done OK for them so far. I don't want to screw this up.

I worry a little that I should have tried to jump into features like trading cards, even though they don't have anything to do with the game. I worry that I didn't set the discounts high enough. I worry that I set the discounts too high.

If anyone wants to help out on the Steam product page, that would be appreciated.

I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, but if this is really something millions of people see, it could open up some new opportunities.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:11 AM   #3239
PilotMan
Head Coach

What kind of help are you looking for Jim?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 09:31 AM   #3240
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stkelly52 View Post
Today's smallest unlocked discount is 33% the largest was 90% Half of the games were 75% off. I really hope a lot of new fans come to the game from this.

Thanks and me too!
Old 06-13-2015, 12:01 PM   #3241
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

I'm still showing the same 15% on fof now that it's listed on the front page. Never mind it just went to 30%.

Last edited by IlliniCub : 06-13-2015 at 12:02 PM. Reason: steam updated.
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:05 PM   #3242
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCub View Post
I'm still showing the same 15% on fof now that it's listed on the front page. Never mind it just went to 30%.
It shows 15% for me on the front page, then it moves to 30% if I click on it.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:00 PM   #3243
Schmidty
Coordinator

I picked up the original Witcher and the Witcher 2 for 6 bucks yesterday. I'm happy with that.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #3244
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
What kind of help are you looking for Jim?

Basically what people already do. Respond to questions that I can't, as the developer. Like how people use features or even whether something is in the game the way they they're asking.

I check in regularly myself. Since it's an "official" product board, I moderate fairly stringently, today especially. I just delete anything that's headed into a bad place (like the inevitable soccer/football teasing). Though I'd love it if people really were talking about the game on the FM forums, because they have millions of customers - a decent percentage of whom probably have interest in other sports. The UK, I'm sure, is #2 in sales for me rather than Canada solely because of the influence of FM on the entire sports management genre.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:10 PM   #3245
Ben E Lou

Quote:
It shows 15% for me on the front page, then it moves to 30% if I click on it.
Now showing as 30% on the front as well.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:26 PM   #3246
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Basically what people already do. Respond to questions that I can't, as the developer. Like how people use features or even whether something is in the game the way they they're asking.

I check in regularly myself. Since it's an "official" product board, I moderate fairly stringently, today especially. I just delete anything that's headed into a bad place (like the inevitable soccer/football teasing). Though I'd love it if people really were talking about the game on the FM forums, because they have millions of customers - a decent percentage of whom probably have interest in other sports. The UK, I'm sure, is #2 in sales for me rather than Canada solely because of the influence of FM on the entire sports management genre.

I don't understand what you're getting at there, but I don't go to the FM forums, because I don't even understand the language they speak (sports-terms). I come here because I understand these people and I know that they MIGHT understand my confusion.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. I'm pretty dumb.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:38 PM   #3247
Uncle Briggs
Mascot

Quote:
I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, but if this is really something millions of people see, it could open up some new opportunities.

I expect I'm an atypical steam customer, but you sold me at 30% off. I have hundreds of hours in FOF2 and 2k4, but just a few dozen in 2k7. I just don't have the opportunity to sit and game for hours lately. My general rule is 75% off or 10 bucks or less. I was waiting for a sale, and FOF is about the only thing I'll pay even this close to full price for.

Also got TEW for $5 since it falls within my price guidelines and I hear good things, although if not for this thread I would never have seen the sale.
Uncle Briggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:45 PM   #3248
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In case anyone cares, Tropico 5's DLC and later modules continue to push the crazy train for things like plot lines and such.

Gentles spoilers ahead - very, very gentle.

Spoiler

Old 06-13-2015, 01:52 PM   #3249
oykib
College Starter

Has anyone else been playing that monster game? I somehow got to level 1060 without understanding the game at all.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #3250
Thomkal
Head Coach

FOF7 purchased-glad to finally have it back on my computer