Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-29-2021, 04:23 PM   #1
Thomkal
Head Coach

Ghislaine Maxwell guilty

Did not find a thread on her, jury just came back guilty five of six charges.

Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 04:26 PM   #2
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Wonder when the suicide..whoops I mean sentencing is scheduled.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 05:40 PM   #3
tarcone
Coordinator

If she is guilty, when does the law start going after the men who raped the girls?

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 05:55 PM   #4
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
If she is guilty, when does the law start going after the men who raped the girls?

All of this.

And Alex Acosta should lose his law license for the deal he made with Epstein.
Old 12-29-2021, 06:20 PM   #5
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Time to get an early start on making the "Maxwell didn't kill herself" meme images.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 06:24 PM   #6
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Time to get an early start on making the "Maxwell didn't kill herself" meme images.

Well she hasn't...
Old 12-29-2021, 07:18 PM   #7
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well now that she's been found guilty I don't really care if she kills herself...but the powerful people she knows are involved probably do care...

I too want every one involved in this to face justice.
Old 12-30-2021, 07:47 AM   #8
Edward64
Head Coach

Surprised that she didn't try to cut a deal and give names, evidence. Or maybe the prosecutors thought it was so egregious that they did not want to offer a deal.

Now that she has been found guilty, suspect she'll sing to reduce her sentence some. Prince Andrew is shaking in his riding boots. Not sure about the others.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/30/us/gh...lot/index.html
Quote:
The pilot, Larry Visoski, said he would typically be given notice if Clinton or high-profile passengers like him would be flying.

He recalled renowned violinist Itzhak Perlman flew to Michigan with Epstein for the Interlochen Center for the Arts summer camp. He said he remembered Prince Andrew, Maine Sen. George Mitchell, Ohio Sen. John Glenn and actor Kevin Spacey on flights.
:
None of the high profile passengers mentioned in Visoski's testimony Tuesday are alleged to have committed any wrongdoing in relation to the ongoing trial. Clinton's spokesman previously admitted to Clinton being aboard Epstein's plane four times but said the former president knew nothing about Epstein's "terrible crimes."
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 08:07 AM   #9
PilotMan
Head Coach

I wonder if trump still "wishes her well?"

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:54 AM   #10
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I wonder if trump still "wishes her well?"

Until she tells what she knows about him and then it will be, I didn't even know her, and all sorts of things about how horrible and ugly a woman she was
Old 01-03-2022, 05:55 PM   #11
Edward64
Head Coach

No idea the legalese here. But to a layman, it does read as if she took money to settle the case against Epstein and also Andrew based on the bolded section below.

May help Andrew's legal case but his reputation is shot regardless.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/03/us/vi...ent/index.html
Quote:
A 2009 settlement agreement between sex offender Jeffrey Epstein and Virginia Roberts Giuffre -- the woman who accused him of sexual abuse and of trafficking her to Prince Andrew and other men -- was unsealed Monday.

It shows that Epstein paid Giuffre $500,000 to drop the case without any admission of liability or fault.

The document was unsealed as part of Giuffre's separate lawsuit against Prince Andrew. She alleges that Epstein trafficked her and forced her to have sex with his friends -- including the prince -- and that Andrew was aware she was underage (17) in the US. Prince Andrew has denied the allegations.

Attorneys for Andrew argued in his motion to dismiss Giuffre's case against him in October that her lawsuit violates the terms of the settlement agreement with Epstein, in which she agreed to a "general release" of claims against Epstein and others.

In the copy unsealed Monday, Andrew's name does not explicitly appear as a party. The agreement says it serves to "remise, release, acquit, satisfy and forever discharge" parties and "any other person or entity who could have been included as a potential defendant" but does not explicitly name any others in the document viewed by CNN.

Two other documents were filed along with the settlement agreement, including a "Stipulation of Dismissal" and a complaint from Epstein -- both of which are still under seal.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:57 PM   #12
GrantDawg

One of the jurors who has been doing interviews about the case admits that he was a victim of sexual abuse as a minor. That was one of the questions that was on the jury questionnaire, and the prosecution is now looking into whether that juror might have perjured himself. Board lawyers: Does that make an appeal likely to overturn the verdict? Could the judge still call a mistrial at this point (I don't think so, but asking)? What is likely to happen if this is true?
Old 01-05-2022, 04:27 PM   #13
GrantDawg

It looks like there will be a inquiry and it is completely possible the judge could call a mistrial.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2022, 07:42 PM   #14
tarcone
Coordinator

House of Cards is a true story

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 05:30 AM   #15
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
It looks like there will be a inquiry and it is completely possible the judge could call a mistrial.

My guess is a mistrial. The juror frakked up.

He supposedly shared his experiences with the other jurors while they were debating. If I was one of them, I would have wondered how this juror got selected.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:15 PM   #16
Groundhog
Coordinator

The skeptic in me wonders if this was truly just a stuff up.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:57 PM   #17
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And now apparently a second juror admits to sharing personal experiences that may have shaped the deliberations
Old 01-17-2022, 02:04 PM   #18
Edward64
Head Coach

Wonder who the 8 are. Not clear if they are "accused" of having participated or just knew Epstein/Maxwell.

Quote:
Ghislaine Maxwell will no longer fight to keep the names of eight 'John Does' secret and will leave it to the court to decide whether the names should be unsealed, according to a letter dated January 12.
:
"After careful review of the detailed objections submitted by Non-Party Does 17, 53, 54, 55, 73, 93 and 151, counsel for Ghislaine Maxwell writes to inform the Court that she does not wish to further address those objections," Maxwell attorney Laura Menninger wrote. "Each of the listed Does has counsel who have ably asserted their own respective privacy rights. Ms. Maxwell therefore leaves it to this Court to conduct the appropriate review."
Old 01-17-2022, 02:46 PM   #19
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Wonder who the 8 are. Not clear if they are "accused" of having participated or just knew Epstein/Maxwell.

The 8 are people that Maxwell and Epstein were getting underaged girls for.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 04:00 PM   #20
Edward64
Head Coach

Okay, this should be fun then.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:19 PM   #21
Swaggs
Coordinator

If the judge allows it, I bet Trump and Clinton aren’t on the lists. I think the founder of Victoria’s Secret (Les Wexner) and Alan Dershowitz are real likely. They seem like they’ve been particularly involved.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 04:22 PM   #22
RainMaker
General Manager

Dershowitz has been acting way too guilty for the past few years but I doubt a judge is going to allow the release of any powerful names.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 08:30 PM   #23
Edward64
Head Coach

I read somewhere it was $10M settlement (but not confirmed). It makes me wonder why Andrew didn't settle much much earlier as he could have prevented this for a piddling $10M.

Maybe she wanted to put him through the wringer first (and boy, did she) or he was just arrogant and thought he could get away with it. Prob a combination of both.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/15/us/pr...fre/index.html
Quote:
Prince Andrew and Virginia Giuffre have reached an out-of-court settlement in her sexual abuse lawsuit against him, according to a court document filed by her attorneys Tuesday.

The parties anticipate filing a stipulation of dismissal of the case within 30 days, according to the letter addressed to federal Judge Lewis Kaplan.

The sum of the settlement will not be disclosed, the letter says.

"Prince Andrew intends to make a substantial donation to Ms. Giuffre's charity in support of victims' rights. Prince Andrew has never intended to malign Ms. Giuffre's character, and he accepts that she has suffered both as an established victim of abuse and as a result of unfair public attacks," the letter states.